Mathieu " I must not go two sets up in a 5 set match" :help: [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Mathieu " I must not go two sets up in a 5 set match" :help:

TheBoiledEgg
09-05-2004, 01:21 AM
oh dear again :o

Sargis strikes :devil:

the Eurosport commentators kept mentioning his famous chokes
and they said he wont do it again cos he's not playing as well as he did against Agassi and Youzhny.

star
09-05-2004, 01:22 AM
Sargsian was terrific!!

Mathieu was too really. He played tough.

superpinkone37
09-05-2004, 01:25 AM
they both were awesome!! thats was such a great match, but i am glad Sargsian won :woohoo:

AtPGiRL
09-05-2004, 01:27 AM
my friend was there and she just called and said it was better than a Davis Cup match with the crowd going nuts. Am happy for Sarge!! :woohoo:

jmp
09-05-2004, 01:40 AM
This match was so competitive! They both had some awesome shots. My eyes got watery twice today - once for Mary's joy at winning and just now for Sargis. What a great sport!

Deboogle!.
09-05-2004, 01:41 AM
Great match...... GREAT job by both, too bad one of them had to lose. YAY More players to cheer for and support!

Chloe le Bopper
09-05-2004, 02:44 AM
It's becoming clear to me that PHM is just trying to show us who the REAL French choke artist is. Move over Grosjean :p

Neely
09-05-2004, 02:52 AM
please give Mathieu a break... yeah, he lost another match after leading 2-0 sets (I guess his third one today) and it's a bad way to lose a match, but keep in mind other players don't even get that far and Mathieu should be satisfied with his achievements in this US Open after he was out almost the whole year and couldn't win shit. Also Sargsian did a whole lot of his part to make Mathieu lose this match and it's not a typical choke in form of a total collapse.

Chloe le Bopper
09-05-2004, 02:53 AM
I'd rather discuss French choke artists, if you don't mind :devil:

Gigan
09-05-2004, 03:00 AM
Great match!
Both are good fighters...
I am glad for Serge,
he is doing perfect tennis!!!

http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/ap_photo/20040905/all/l1217664.jpg

http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/ap_photo/20040905/all/l1217662.jpg

melx
09-05-2004, 03:01 AM
you have right Neely when you saying this was not been a "typcial choke". I agree. I think a much more heavy choke was Gaudio/Hewitt in Monte Carlo or your favourite guy Kiefer aganst Johansson in Wimbledon tournament.

Neely
09-05-2004, 03:06 AM
or your favourite guy Kiefer aganst Johansson in Wimbledon tournament.
unfortunately.... I have to admit... you're right, that was a brutal choke :o :o
I was very disappointed about that, but I somehow I was used to that following Kiefer over so many years ;) :cool:

(but good thing that Kiwi today revenged his loss in a VERY convincing way against ToJo, he even gave back the bagel to him and crushed him in three straight sets :yeah: :clap2: hehe, not this time, ToJo :angel: harhar :devil: )

lizabeth..*
09-05-2004, 03:19 AM
Argh! I was really hoping they would replay this match sometime today but I don't think they will *grumble* Even though Paulo lost...I am nothing but pleased...I never expected him to get past Sluiter...I need to have more faith I know...but after 7 month of injury I wasn't expecting much and to get to the 3rd round is a great effort!

Neely
09-05-2004, 03:25 AM
tnx, lizabeth... exactly my thought about this match and the situation :worship:

some people are acting as if Paulo was losing 6-0 6-2 6-0 in the last three sets :rolleyes:

Marine
09-05-2004, 06:49 AM
Pualo won a great match against taylor dent, winning 2 tie breaks so...

Lindsayfan
09-05-2004, 07:49 AM
imo he should be satisfied of his performance; he played very well and never gave up. i just hope he doesnt lose confidence in himself and doesnt think back to his nightmares. :sad:

superpinkone37
09-05-2004, 08:03 AM
i agree, they both played an awesome match. it was so great to watch, because even though the match was so long and all they still played high quality tennis right till the very end. he should still be confident because he played a very good match, and didnt give up

trixy
09-05-2004, 08:06 AM
What a fantabulous, match both players should be soo proud of themselves. I was like on the edge of my seat. Paulo don't lose confidence in yourself. You rock! :banana:

Lady
09-05-2004, 10:57 AM
I'm very upset about Paulo! :(
I don't mind Sargis (He's Russian after all ;) ), but my comentator was so obviouly biased towards him, I thought I'll explode, had to turn a sound off. ;)

azza
09-05-2004, 12:34 PM
SARGIS OMG :woohoo: First time since AO 2003 He has made a 4th round GS :worship: :bowdown:

GO SARGIS TAKE DOWN ANDRE :bowdown:

BaselineSmash
09-05-2004, 01:56 PM
It wasn't a choke of the highest order from Mathieu, but he was detectably shakey in the third set as the finishing line drew near, and the fourth set was poor. But he drew on all his reserves to make a fight of it in the fifth, by which time it was too late and Sargsian had found his best game when he needed it the most. The Armenian will barely have enough energy left to carry his bags onto court against Agassi; it will be cruise control for the American.

Havok
09-05-2004, 05:03 PM
Mathieu should start playing for Russia, you know they pretty much all mentality, on both tours.:p