From here on, who will win the most GS? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

From here on, who will win the most GS?

JamesBengt
02-03-2010, 01:58 PM
As the topic says, who among active players will win the most GS titles counting from now?

barbadosan
02-03-2010, 02:47 PM
As the topic says, who among active players will win the most GS titles counting from now?

until when?

JamesBengt
02-03-2010, 02:54 PM
Until all active players have retired or are no longer relevant. I.e if you have to name the player you think will win end up with the most slams won after AO 2010, who would you choose?
Right now Del Potro and Federer are in the lead and I'm inclined to agree with that.

ExcaliburII
02-03-2010, 02:59 PM
DelPotro. He will win at least 5 more. Federer maybe 2 or 3.

Murray, 0. Why is he even on the list? And Soderling? :lol:

rocketassist
02-03-2010, 03:00 PM
Tennis would be dead if a guy like Del Potro won 6 slams.

MalwareDie
02-03-2010, 03:50 PM

QFT.

tea
02-03-2010, 04:04 PM
It would be 5 times dead if so.

Persimmon
02-03-2010, 04:47 PM
Fed, of course.

Del Potro is way too injury prone to win more than a couple of slams.

DelPotro. He will win at least 5 more.

No, he will not. The really tall tennis players(Krajicek, Safin, Ivanisevic, Stan Smith, Gomes, Noah, Stich) have never won more than 2 slams. Plus he is very injury prone. Not happening.

vn01
02-03-2010, 05:52 PM
Del Potro is able to win everywhere.May be it will be the most difficult for him to win Wimbledon.Tennis wouldn't be dead if Del Potro wins 6 Slams.After Federer and Nadal he is the biggest guy in the world tennis.Cilic,too.

Arkulari
02-03-2010, 10:04 PM
Juan can win three more (not Wimbledon) I think, Murray will get two or three depending on his form, Cilic can also reach the level...

Ibracadabra
02-03-2010, 10:11 PM
Del potro will atleast win another 3-4 slams in my opinion and retire/drop off at an early age.

tennishero
02-03-2010, 11:05 PM
i think del potro, hes mentally the best player and out of the current top 10 i only see murray and cilic with the determination to compete with him.

Quakes
02-04-2010, 12:04 AM
JMDP.

He may be inconsistent and injury-prone, but he's outrageously young. He simply overpowers everyone when he's 100% healthy.

He will tend to his own health very carefully, sticking to a modest schedule and healthy lifestyles, because of his devotion to the sport. So he will be like a beefed up, somewhat healthier, much more dedicated Safin. That translates into 4~8 slams.

There is no alternative. There is no escape. There is Juan Martin Del Potro.

:worship:

paseo
02-04-2010, 01:50 AM
I like Del Potro and his aggressive game, but I think people are overrating him a bit. Well, beating Fed in a slam final will do that.

jcempire
02-04-2010, 02:55 AM
Rafael Nadal and Andy Murray Whom I still believe on.......

This two still have best chance to win more GS..........
because Fed is getting older and JMDP is not that good as Murry and Nadal......(all around players)

JMDP is not very consistent.

Nadal has already done amazing JOB recent years. Expect time for him to come back.... He need a break (cause runs out of Gas) before another biggest run

Murray is great but still not enough experience as Fed does...... As soon as he gains it .... that He should be better than Roger is today.

The Reason I'm not go for D-JOKER. I look for potential growth.....which Murray has more room to go

swebright
02-04-2010, 04:01 AM
Soder = 0

bobrocks
02-04-2010, 04:58 AM
If Nadal uses the next two or three months to get close to 100% healthy again, he could win 3 or 4 Slams before his knees give out for good.
Murray and Joko could win 3-4 each at best.
Del Pony 2-3 at the most.
Sodderling I don't think is a serious threat.
Perhaps Davydenko may win one or two.

But Fed is still the man. Maybe he will 'only' win 1-2 more...but it wouldn't surprise me at all if he wins 4-5 more, which is why I voted for him.

DartMarcus
02-04-2010, 07:26 AM
Other, but I won't specify :lol:

Sophocles
02-04-2010, 09:56 AM
Curious that Rog has 31 votes & Cilic only 1.

Dini
02-04-2010, 10:02 AM
Curious that Rog has 31 votes & Cilic only 1.

You're as good as your last result. :lol: :p

I very much doubt Fed would be leading in so many polls had he lost in the AO final.

Sophocles
02-04-2010, 10:10 AM
You're as good as your last result. :lol: :p

I very much doubt Fed would be leading in so many polls had he lost in the AO final.

No, he wouldn't. But the amazing thing is, they could be right: he *could* end up winning more slams over the next few years than the best of the younger generation. Unlikely though. I voted Del Potro, but on reflection I think Cilic may be a better bet: not as big a forehand, but better movement & a more fluid technique.

saniapower
02-04-2010, 10:40 AM
Who else but Federer!

Stroba
02-04-2010, 11:24 AM
Probably Other, but I won´t specify who. Could very well be someone who´s recently turned pro but is yet ranked outside the top 500.

If I had to say someone you named, I would say Murray. Only because I think he has most potential (outside of Fed), if he just learn to be more aggressive and gets his shot selection right.

HarryMan
02-04-2010, 11:33 AM
I would still vote for Federer (even in case he hadn't won the AO this year). Well, last year, he ended up winning 2 slam titles and was the finalist in the other two. Except 2008, he has been the leader at winning slams all the previous years (from 04 onwards), so betting against him, is not a good option.

This will be a good bump a few years down the line. :D

jcempire
02-04-2010, 11:39 AM
If Nadal uses the next two or three months to get close to 100% healthy again, he could win 3 or 4 Slams before his knees give out for good.
Murray and Joko could win 3-4 each at best.
Del Pony 2-3 at the most.
Sodderling I don't think is a serious threat.
Perhaps Davydenko may win one or two.

But Fed is still the man. Maybe he will 'only' win 1-2 more...but it wouldn't surprise me at all if he wins 4-5 more, which is why I voted for him.

Well.

Davy No way

I agree with you except Davy

cocrcici
02-04-2010, 11:59 AM
Federer:haha:

bobrocks
02-04-2010, 06:01 PM
Probably Other, but I won´t specify who. Could very well be someone who´s recently turned pro but is yet ranked outside the top 500.

We ALL could say that. That is hardly going out on a limb. Obviously there is some young gun coming up that will end up winning 6, 7, 8 who knows 10 or more. And he's not that far from his first.
That's the exciting thing about sports. The 'next one' is never too far away.

swisht4u
02-04-2010, 06:08 PM
Potro, he can still improve.
He's about as good as you can get mentally so at his age he'll have many chances.

syc23
02-04-2010, 06:59 PM
Murray has the potential to win the most GS outside of Fed in the next 7 years. He's steadily improved on his results at Wimbledon and Roland Garros and the fact he's already reached both hard court slam finals does indicate he could be a threat on all 4 majors.

Losing to Fed in both finals is no shame and once he improves his shot selection and add even more aggression and flattens his forehand and improve his serve it would take something catastrophic not to pick up at least a couple of slams. He's always going to be a contender at Wimbledon - outside Fed, the Brits would support Murray more than any other players and favoured scheduling will no doubt help in the coming years.

As Edberg said recently, Murray may be similar to Lendl in losing the first few finals and once he wins the first one it could open the floodgates.

Mlad
02-04-2010, 06:59 PM
martin vassalo arguello

Dini
02-04-2010, 07:52 PM
I know a lot of people say JMDP is overrated, but I think he's developed into a mental giant, even when injured. His serve has come such a long way and with that weapon along with his extremely solid groundstrokes he can do so much damage against nearly everyone. He's also become so well adjusted to slices and low bouncing balls. I think his only weakness is his net play, but I don't think that's a vital factor anymore. His fitness is still questionable, though that's something he can easily work on.

I predict about 4-5 slams.

aulus
02-04-2010, 11:39 PM
probably Murray, Cilic or Del Potro, but obviously no way to know.

early in his career i thought Safin was one of the most talented players ever and would win many majors, but he only won 2.

JesusFederer
02-04-2010, 11:45 PM
Roger can win like 7 or 8 more, who knows. Potro is second on teh list or maybe even first.

marcRD
02-05-2010, 12:04 AM
I will go with the guy who has been in 18 of the last 19 slam finals, the other guys seem just a little less consistent in my opinion.

saniapower
02-05-2010, 11:10 AM
Sampras said Fedex would manage only 18 :p

Persimmon
02-05-2010, 12:02 PM
Sampras said Fedex would manage only 18 :p

I think Fed will manage like 20:)