Funny, clever, recap of the 2010 Aussie Open [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Funny, clever, recap of the 2010 Aussie Open

pacman321
01-29-2010, 07:20 PM
Found this on one of the other message boards. Just a quick, funny, recap of everything that's happened this year.

Doesn't give a ton of analysis, but a good read anyway.

Enjoy!:D

10 Things I Learned During the 2010 Australian Open (http://www.aarontorres-sports.com/articles/miscellaneous/the-australian-open-feeling-like-a-kid-again.html)

Nole fan
01-29-2010, 08:01 PM
6. I'm always amazed at how attached I get to the players over the course of a major. It happens every single time.

As far as I can tell, the reason is this: Tennis is an individual sport. It has no helmets, masks or pads hiding the players faces and emotions, so you see everything. When a guy (or girl) isn't playing their best, you see it. When a player is genuinely hurt, you see it.. When someone thinks a line judge screwed them over, you see it. And after two weeks, after seeing every agonoizing emotion, over five or six matches, you really feel like you know these guys. You start pulling for them.

The other day, I woke up in the middle of the Novak Djokovic- Jo-Wilfried Tsonga match, and I actually thought to myself, "Damn, I don't want to see either of these guys lose."

Which is probably my least favorite part of any major tennis tournament. Saying goodbye to old friends. Even as you're making new ones.

LOL I feel the same, so true.

pacman321
01-30-2010, 03:33 PM
Couldn't agree more!

That was probably my favorite part of the recap!!!

Logical
01-30-2010, 03:49 PM
What have you done to get so many bad reps? :lol:

Sunset of Age
01-30-2010, 05:20 PM
What have you done to get so many bad reps? :lol:

I gather you've found out the answer to your question all by yourself right now.

:lol: