Tomic to play under Croatian flag! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Tomic to play under Croatian flag!

Doomach777
01-29-2010, 05:30 PM
His dad said that MAYBE he'll play under croatian flag.It would be great.:worship::worship::worship:
casue he is a CROAT!

source : http://www.vecernji.hr/sport/tenis/john-tomic-bernard-bi-mogao-igrati-hrvatsku-clanak-89224

Horatio Caine
01-29-2010, 05:35 PM
:lol:

Good to see that the family is still trying to avoid any further negative attention. :yeah:

I'm not expecting him to switch allegiances.

gaitare
01-29-2010, 05:38 PM
No wildcards, no way.

RIboy
01-29-2010, 05:40 PM
No wildcards, no way.

but WC for Umag :eek:

priceless :lol:

Arkulari
01-29-2010, 05:41 PM
and the plot thickens... :rolleyes:

this guy needs to stay the hell away from his dad, hire a counselor and do things his own way...

RIboy
01-29-2010, 05:50 PM
http://resources3.news.com.au/images/2010/01/04/1225815/790655-john-tomic.jpg VS http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/2188/djokovicx.jpg

WWW? :confused:

Deathless Mortal
01-29-2010, 06:47 PM
I don't see this happening, and also I wouldn't like it to happen.

Time Violation
01-29-2010, 07:38 PM
It seems the next Jelena and Damir Dokic if they continue in such way. It doesn't sound like too good idea, but who knows. :)

Roddickpova
01-29-2010, 08:35 PM
It seems the next Jelena and Damir Dokic if they continue in such way. It doesn't sound like too good idea, but who knows. :)

Exactly my thoughts.

This guy is going to bring so much trouble to the tour.

Snowwy
01-29-2010, 08:43 PM
Maybe he will tone it down, Mr. Djokovic has been behaving well lately so mayber there is some hope

Doomach777
01-29-2010, 09:22 PM
Does he know how to speak croatian at all xD ?
Jelena Dokic is a croat too.

bad gambler
01-29-2010, 09:30 PM
Do they say "mate" in Croatia?

oranges
01-29-2010, 10:53 PM
I seriously doubt it. Can't say I'd want him to either, it would put me in schizo position to actually have to cheer for the brat should he ever play DC

Kolya
01-29-2010, 11:38 PM
Well he's tall enough.

jmf07
01-30-2010, 12:23 AM
This would be a dream

stzenit
01-30-2010, 12:33 AM
hahahaha another Damir Dokic in the making is Tomic's father. Heck won't be the first time Australia developed someone to jump ship. Josip Simunic defender for Croatia in Football was born in Australia and developed by the AIS using Australian tax money. Wooosh Plays for Croatia now

stzenit
01-30-2010, 12:36 AM
Does he know how to speak croatian at all xD ?
Jelena Dokic is a croat too.

She is half Serb half Cro. No wonder she is crazy
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/M-W8G1yrWQ4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/M-W8G1yrWQ4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
"I half Serbian and half Croatian i hate myself farkin"

FairWeatherFan
01-30-2010, 01:38 AM
Yeesss, please go away Bernard

tennismaster882001
01-30-2010, 02:09 AM
Hopefully that will never happen, please stay in Australia!

Aloimeh
01-30-2010, 02:15 AM
I'm really tired of these Balkanite jerks. The only people from the area (in tennis) who have behaved with a bit of dignity are Ivanovic and of course Seles. Maybe Majoli (don't know her). Is Ljubicic normal/decent?

Dokic, Jankovic, Tomic, Ivanisevic, Djokovic - they're all a bit crazy/messed up and they bring way too much drama for their small numbers in tennis. And their crazy fans do as well. Crazy parents, jerky behavior, arrogance, abusing Western resources (a la Dokic and possibly Tomic) to build up a career and then backstabbing the country in which they were born or which adopted them.

A thoroughly tiresome sort in the tennis world, and I speak from experience (being one of them ;) ).

Tommy_Vercetti
01-30-2010, 02:38 AM
Is Ljubicic normal/decent?

Are you kidding? He's the worst of the lot. A crybaby sore loser who always complains and makes excuses. Not to mention that he's a complete pseudo-intellectual phony.

thegreendestiny
01-30-2010, 02:44 AM
I'm really tired of these Balkanite jerks. The only people from the area (in tennis) who have behaved with a bit of dignity are Ivanovic and of course Seles. Maybe Majoli (don't know her). Is Ljubicic normal/decent?

Oh please. If you care to look at the WTA forum, she is the most hated player(winning the poll for two years now).

Aloimeh
01-30-2010, 03:05 AM
Oh please. If you care to look at the WTA forum, she is the most hated player(winning the poll for two years now).

Well, from 2 years ago when I did look at WTAforums, the charges were squeaky shoes, fist pumps, and ajdes, which I felt was kind of weak.

I mean, her father never smashed cell phones and called the English monarch a criminal (or whatever Damir said), her mother never said that Justine Henin was dead, and she never took a gun in her hands and said she wished she had some Croats in front of her to shoot (see Ivanisevic).

But yes, I agree, the standards are pretty low anyway.

FlameOn
01-30-2010, 03:09 AM
She's not hated for any good reason, she's hated because she fist-pumps too much. :lol:

paseo
01-30-2010, 04:30 AM
He got a WC into the main draw of a GS, and this is the way he thanked them?

Corey Feldman
01-30-2010, 04:32 AM
this is his dad's revenge for bad scheduling at AO

just like Damir Dokic punishing them for "fixing" Jelena's draws

where do they find these nutters :lol: i feel for the children

gulzhan
01-30-2010, 04:59 AM

Dokic, Jankovic, Tomic, Ivanisevic, Djokovic - they're all a bit crazy/messed up and they bring way too much drama for their small numbers in tennis. And their crazy fans do as well. Crazy parents, jerky behavior, arrogance, abusing Western resources (a la Dokic and possibly Tomic) to build up a career and then backstabbing the country in which they were born or which adopted them.

A thoroughly tiresome sort in the tennis world, and I speak from experience (being one of them ;) ).

Not that I care about Tomic changing his citizenship, but here are my 5 cents:

1. Tennis parents go through lots of hardships, no wonder they ALL are crazy. The Eastern European people are a little bit more open than Westerners (and yes, I saw the Western parents behaving crazy as well but outside of public view). It's a cultural thing really. In Eastern Europe it's considered good when you show your emotions and tell what you think and feel, in West that's considered a shame. In the bottom people are the same everywhere-- doctors are the same, teachers are the same, policemen are definitely the same, so are tennis parents. They are just covered by different manners.

2. So, when a player is raised in East and then changes citizenship it's OK? Wozniacki is Polish, Rodionova is Russian, so is some loser forgot-his-name but a Jr who plays for USA, not to mention Golovin and Anisina who brought an Olympic gold medal to France. Either them or their parents benefited from their mother-country. And believe me, Czechs spent a lot of tax money on Navratilova and Lendl. Then they left and have chosen to represent another country. I think you called it a human right, no? What about Hingis? Her mom was trained at the expense of Czech Republic as well and her Swiss daughter benefitted from that, no? Double standard again?

3. I think McEnroe was really messed up. So was Connors. I think Fish behaves as a jerk. Kiefer needs a help of a shrink too. I can think of many idiots on both ATP and WTA who come from the Western countries. But it's stupid to generalize on that basis. The worst fans in my opinion are Argies, they were just awful at RG 05 when Puerta played against Davydenko. Israeli fans behaved as maniacs at FedCup but I have a feeling Aloimeh will find it charming once Peer or Sela makes it to a semi or a final of a GS.

Let's not say things to other people/countries/ethnicities if you don't want to hear same addressed to you/your country/your ethnicity.

P.S. Forgot to say-- Novak Djokovic behaves great! he is really an example for all the young players on how to behave both on and off the court.

doublebackhand
01-30-2010, 06:13 AM
hahahaha another Damir Dokic in the making is Tomic's father. Heck won't be the first time Australia developed someone to jump ship. Josip Simunic defender for Croatia in Football was born in Australia and developed by the AIS using Australian tax money. Wooosh Plays for Croatia now

+1:devil:

Peta Pan
01-30-2010, 07:37 AM
I'm pretty sure he said the same thing last year... must be an after the AO thing :rolleyes:

No great loss if he did... but I don't think he will

I do forsee a repeat of the Dokic saga though :help:

L James
01-30-2010, 01:22 PM
Tiley: Go ahead

While Tomic junior was criticising the night-time scheduling of his second-round encounter against the world No 14 as "ridiculous", John Tomic was arguing heatedly with Australian Open tournament director Craig Tiley, who is also Tennis Australia's player development director.

Security guards were on standby in the bowels of Melbourne Park to intervene if necessary as Tomic senior blamed Tiley for his son's loss.

Tiley confirmed on Friday that there was a heated discussion, but he denied he had been warned that the 17-year-old would play under another flag.

But several sources - all of whom requested anonymity - who witnessed the altercation as the pair's paths crossed in the corridors following the loss, or who had knowledge of the argument, confirmed the threat was made.

"It was an emboldened discussion but at no stage did I hear John say that," Tiley said.

"That is a non-negotiable with me. To represent your country is the highest honour and had he said that, I would have told him - and any other parent making a threat like that - to go ahead."

Rosa Luxembourg
01-30-2010, 02:41 PM
wow feel sorry for Ozzies,,, to give homes to these families (Dokic and Tomic) and get this in return. Nasty on Tomic's family part. Welcome to my shit list.

Henry Chinaski
01-30-2010, 02:54 PM

Ancic, Karlovic, Troicki, Cilic and Delic all see like decent chaps to me.

Experimentee
01-30-2010, 03:16 PM
Would love it if he does. No more crap Tomic night matches on RLA :yeah:

Ouragan
01-31-2010, 05:00 AM
These ex Yugoslav countrymen can sure talk the talk, but can they also walk the walk?

This is mere trash talking, bravado tactics. Tomic senior knows that if Tomic goes, tennis Australia can pack up and emigrate to Papua New Guinea to train local fishermen boys who have a better chance at success than the current generation of Aussie players.

Audacity
01-31-2010, 05:30 AM
The Tomic's aren't going to win any fans with the way they carry on.

Experimentee
01-31-2010, 12:59 PM
Ancic, Karlovic, Troicki, Cilic and Delic all see like decent chaps to me.

I think the expat Balkans are the worst behaved, like Dokic, Tomic and the Balkan hooligans that turn up to the AO every year.

The ones that actually live in Croatia, Serbia etc, aren't bad at all from what I've heard.

Action Jackson
01-31-2010, 01:04 PM
I think the expat Balkans are the worst behaved, like Dokic, Tomic and the Balkan hooligans that turn up to the AO every year.

The ones that actually live in Croatia, Serbia etc, aren't bad at all from what I've heard.

Not all the expats are bad, but it's funny with these idiots. I mean Karlovic and Vemic played doubles together, but you'd never get those clowns from either side watching them play.

It's just bluff.

batavlada
01-31-2010, 01:24 PM
Same pattern in those families. Father, chef of tribe, looking for best offer. They would play for everyone who give more in money, or, calculating circumstances, what would be better in future. Everything ends with: "Silent. I know what is best for you".

Not everyone can look for new homeland. Or to change them like underwear. You need pretty rough cheeks for that. Disgusting. And who da hell is Tomic to say to Hewitt that he is not good enough for training together. That made his Australian options smaller. Now he is looking for new one.

Stefanos13
01-31-2010, 01:29 PM

Good to see that the family is still trying to avoid any further negative attention. :yeah:

:haha::haha::haha: