Djokovic and Nadal [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Djokovic and Nadal

Everko
01-27-2010, 05:29 PM
Have they failed. They are young and have a lot of tennis left but weren't they supposed to dethrone Federer with force? But now its Federer who is still winning more than them. Injuries have been the problem of both players. Obviously if they were both 100%, they would be taking slams. But something is wrong with both of them.

The supposed Fed killers are now being killed and now who will threaten Federer.

As a fan of both it hurts me to say this.

TheWall
01-27-2010, 05:38 PM
Have they failed. They are young and have a lot of tennis left but weren't they supposed to dethrone Federer with force? But now its Federer who is still winning more than them. Injuries have been the problem of both players. Obviously if they were both 100%, they would be taking slams. But something is wrong with both of them.

The supposed Fed killers are now being killed and now who will threaten Federer.

No. They are just not as good as Federer, never have.

Persimmon
01-27-2010, 05:40 PM
Nobody on tour is as good as Federer. 15 slams and 23 SF in a row. He is just too consistent.

dodo
01-27-2010, 05:41 PM
They are challenging him, which is what they were expected to do. Only the most diehard fans expected Fed to be crushed. Hate all you want, the guy is just too good.

madmax
01-27-2010, 06:02 PM
The GOAT was merciful enough to gift 7 slams to these pretenders, as even the greatest ones feel the pain coming from these mere mortals...now it's payback time and the God of tennis is keeping his peers in check come slam time:bowdown:

Arkulari
01-27-2010, 06:04 PM
The GOAT was merciful enough to gift 7 slams to these pretenders, as even the greatest ones feel the pain coming from these mere mortals...now it's payback time and the God of tennis is keeping his peers in check come slam time:bowdown:

http://www.mediawhorenetwork.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/facepalm1.jpg

Vida
01-27-2010, 06:07 PM
nadal hasnt failed at all. 2008 was incredible, what he did (to federer). maybe he wasnt smart enough later on with scheduling but even if he was it cant be said he failed at anything.

djokovic also didnt "fail" but perhaps he'd achieve a bit more by now had he been smarter with 'ways of the tour'. mainly how he got entangled into off-court stuff and bad-mouthing. that definitely reflected (badly) on him, as is evident in his recent form. we should have in mind the burden he is carrying with wacky family and health related stuff so all in all, hes 'more than good but not great'. Id say.

Commander Data
01-27-2010, 06:09 PM
Nadal didn't fail. he did good. it was forseeable that his body would eventually pay tribute to his style. Djokovic doesn't have the match-up advantage over Fed that Nadal enjoys. Fed is plain simple better then Novak.
Djoker seems to be a rather fragile nature. He wouldn't call that failure, tough. he is stil young and does not face any serious health issues. his time can still come, but he won't challange Federer. Fed is the GOAT comparing players to him is unfair for the other players.

dodo
01-27-2010, 06:22 PM
he is stil young and does not face any serious health issues. his time can still come, but he won't challange Federer. Fed is the GOAT comparing players to him is unfair for the other players.
doesn't he? he has breathing issues and generally seems to be made of softer stuff than Fed (then again, isn't everyone?). even if we ignore his retirements, which may or may not have been necessary, he has finished lots of matches (win or lose) while looking clearly spent. same story today. not badmouthing him or anything, i quite like him, really, but it's pretty clear his natural stamina isn't up there with the best.

agreed with the second part. he will surely win more slams, but Federer will most likely be done by then.

green25814
01-27-2010, 06:22 PM
How is Djokovic classified along with Nadal as a 'fed destroyer'?

He's a pansy anyway. He seems to have grown a pair now, but there are people ahead of him (Del Potro, Murray)

Everko
01-27-2010, 06:23 PM

because when he was new to teh top Federer hated playing him.

Djokovic went down when he softened his image in an attempt to get more liked.

green25814
01-27-2010, 06:25 PM
How did Federer hate playing him? He's always pretty much owned him, except for one occasion.

Everko
01-27-2010, 06:27 PM
He was always more on edge when playing Djokovic. Against Nadal, he iknew he was dominated so he didn't get agitated. But vs Djokovic, he could not stand the new guy giving him serious trouble. He didn't think much of Novak if you remember his comments about the young Novak

TheWall
01-27-2010, 06:28 PM
because when he was new to teh top Federer hated playing him.

Djokovic went down when he softened his image in an attempt to get more liked.

Djokovic was never that far up.

He would'be beaten a 08-AO like Federer at the 2007/08/09 US Open as well, in which case he would have more than one slam by now.

Vida
01-27-2010, 06:28 PM
end of 07 and start of 08 were when djoker made his place in fed legacy. it was a major hick up for fed back than (so it seemed). up until delpo won uso last year, it was only nadal on clay and grass and djoker on hard courts making any wave there for fed.

Vida
01-27-2010, 06:30 PM
also remember tipsarevic 5 set match with fed, where djoker had lots of influence in? all the talk about other players 'gaining confidence' against fed, 'figuring him out'.

ah those were the times...

green25814
01-27-2010, 06:31 PM
In the grand scheme of things though, you can hardly call him a 'Fed destroyer'. Whether you think fed enjoyed playing him or not, the facts are Djokovic has ONE notable win over Federer.

Everko
01-27-2010, 06:33 PM
also remember tipsarevic 5 set match with fed, where djoker had lots of influence in? all the talk about other players 'gaining confidence' against fed, 'figuring him out'.

ah those were the times...

I wonder how things would have differed had Tipsarevic pulled that one out. or if Berdych dosen't surrender the 2 set lead last year. Or if Haas and Acasuso don't choke.

ah, what could have been

Vida
01-27-2010, 06:42 PM
In the grand scheme of things though, you can hardly call him a 'Fed destroyer'. Whether you think fed enjoyed playing him or not, the facts are Djokovic has ONE notable win over Federer.

well one is something, aint it. better than nothing. :shrug:

I wonder how things would have differed had Tipsarevic pulled that one out. or if Berdych dosen't surrender the 2 set lead last year. Or if Haas and Acasuso don't choke.

ah, what could have been

I though of that recently. the tipsa match. kind of glad fed won that cause from djoko-fan perspective djoko couldn't have played fed and beat him. but it was a great match. if Im not mistaking, first fed's 5 setter, or maybe second. it was first time some lower ranked player challenged him like that though. and tipsy didnt choke, unlike so many others.

Commander Data
01-27-2010, 07:16 PM
Djokovic seemed like a dangerous player for Fed, true. And he might still be one. Actually, I hav eto admit that I expceted Nole to give Fed more troubles then he finally did. The guy is one of the best HC players in the world. no doubt, he has the potential to beat Federer. Fact is also, Fed was not at his best 2008. So we do not really know if a in form Djokovic can beat normal Fed in best of 5. I think he can only if Fed plays below his best. But that happens, so...
One hast to understand, it is one thing to trouble Federer, it is another to beat him in Slams.

Djokovic is just not consistent enough to really rattle Federer like Nadal did, to gain some mental advantage over him. That said, I think he might beat Fed again in a Slam. if Fed declines a bit more and Djoker finds peak form again, he will beat him. maybe even own Fed in 1-2 years, it is possible..
he has to sort out his "stamina" problems tough, or what ever it is that distracts im regularly in longer matches.

Nole fan
01-27-2010, 07:48 PM

Easy fedtarts or you will make me puke.

Persimmon
01-27-2010, 07:50 PM
I wonder how many slams will Nole and Rafa win? It is very possible that Fed ends up with more slams than Nole and Rafa put together!

Nole fan
01-27-2010, 07:57 PM
I wonder how many slams will Nole and Rafa win? It is very possible that Fed ends up with more slams than Nole and Rafa put together!

Ok but we'll have to agree that what Federer has achieved is not even normal. You're talking here about the best ever. It would be interesting to see what other 'greats' would have done against him in this era. So in normal terms Djoko, and specially Rafa, have achieved a lot and they should be proud. I've seen many nº 1 being worse players than Rafa and Novak. So kudos to these two.

Harmless
01-27-2010, 08:17 PM

Wherefore all the hate, Everko? :awww:

Why would there be anything wrong with either of them, every player tries as much as he can.
Roger has such a flowing, easy-looking game + a bit of a diva attitude on-court, and those things distract the casual viewer from seeing what a tough baster he really is under that.
Just because he's the one crying on his own wedding doesn't mean that he won't hit 3 aces in a row to save MPs two breaks down. You need to acknowledge that those two things can co-exist in a human being. :p
On the whole, Roger is just tougher than the vast majority on the tour, has more endurance. Rafa certainly won't be playing at this level when he's 28(if at all :(), and who knows which turn Novak's career will take(he does like to party a lot... :unsure:).

Besides, there are ups and downs to every season. I'm sure he'll lose to Simon this year again and then you can pop the champaign. :hug: :p

dodo
01-27-2010, 08:17 PM
It's not only possible, its a near-certainty. So what? Winning even a couple is a great career achievement.

Lalalovesong
01-27-2010, 08:50 PM

Then don't say this!
Come on how many times has nadal beaten federer?
Now he has an injury and everyone forgets?

btw, federer wil dethrone himself

You better concentrate on Algeria vs Egypt for tommorrow!

Orka_n
01-27-2010, 09:32 PM
Wherefore all the hate, Everko? :awww:It seems he wants to jump off the Moonballer's bandwagon? Not that I complain, personally I wouldn't mind if everyone abandoned the Sinking Matador flagship.

Also, this thread can be summed up like this:
No. They are just not as good as Federer, never have.

Nole fan
01-27-2010, 09:49 PM
And who cares if they're not as good as Federer, they still can beat him anytime and it's a wondrous pleasure to watch these two guys play at their best level. They've turned many fans into tennis, so it's not just Federer's reign.

TennisOnWood
01-27-2010, 09:57 PM
I'm not sure what 6 time Grand Slam and 15 time Masters champion doing in group with djokovic

paseo
01-28-2010, 05:54 AM
I'm not sure what 6 time Grand Slam and 15 time Masters champion doing in group with djokovic

I'm sorry, but this post is right.

tkr
01-28-2010, 11:41 AM

I'm not sure what a 15 time GS champ is doing in a group with a 6 time champ. Anyway..they're playing different sports.

I think everyone must agree on that Djoko comes with a pure, neat classical tennis game, and when playing conventionally, there's no one like Fed. Nadal's victory is ALL about his unconventional freak game, i.e. topspun moonballs to the BH. It really is as easy as that.

miura
01-28-2010, 11:52 AM
You have to ask yourself, is Nadal and Djokovic failing or are they simply just failing to meet your expectations?
For a fan you sure are a demanding one :rolleyes:

green25814
01-28-2010, 11:56 AM
You have to ask yourself, is Nadal and Djokovic failing or are they simply just failing to meet your expectations?
For a fan you sure are a demanding one :rolleyes:

Welcome to mtf.

If your not a 10 time slam winner your a mug.

gulzhan
01-28-2010, 11:58 AM
They played OK, not great but still OK. If Murray wins AO, then Nadal would have lost to the winner, so what's the problem?

CescAndyKimi
01-28-2010, 12:03 PM
And out of the floor boards come the ass kissers of Roger 'MyfacelookslikeanAss' Federer.
Disgusting prick, hope Andy humiliates him on Sunday.

superslam77
01-28-2010, 12:07 PM

No one can dethrone Fed until he retires. Fed could be competitive at 35-40 years old if he really wanted it. The style of play from Nadal is brutal to his body while Nole's stamina is a serious problem.

Not even Nadal had it easy defeating Fed...most matches took the distance and were won in clay :wavey:

You can't expect anyone to dominate and be as consistent as theFED...the guy is a freak, he makes it look easy to reach SF of a slam.

coonster14
01-28-2010, 01:13 PM
federer is just a bad match-up for djokovic, no question about it, fed owns him in grand slams 4-1. even though djokovic does indeed have a very steady game, good groundies, and an improving net game, however he does not have the self-belief, mental strength nor the physical endurance to defeat federer when it matters most (yes nole won AO 2008 SF, but since that time, he has not come close to beating federer in slams).

come on, djokovic was literally bowing down to federer at cincinnati and us open last year, djokovic has softened, and he has turned this way just to get more people to like him, djokovic lets so many things bother him BOTH on and off the court. he does not have that champion's mentality yet.

montreal 2007, us open 2007, aus open 2008 were djokovic's peak form, ever since he lost that hamburg match to nadal in 2008, he just has not been the same, and all the failed opportunities to become no.2 have taken a huge mental toll on him too.

nadal is a nightmare match-up for federer, as usual, it is the same thing when they play, high looping forehand to the single handed federer backhand, but over the course of their careers, nadal just has to grind and run so much, it is physically taxing. nadal needs to learn to MANAGE his schedule like federer, that way he can hopefully cut down on the injuries and increase his longevity in the sport, at the rate he is going, i think he may retire in 2 years time.

john mecnroe once said "nadal is writing cheques his body can't cash". rafa has achieved alot in his career, to say that rafa has failed is just not right, he is the ONLY one who has been able to push and defeat fed where it matters the most, at the slams, the guy is 5-2 in GS finals and 6-2 in GS matches overall against federer, and he won ALL his grand slams beating federer in the process.

federer just has such an effortless and graceful game that is easy on his body, this guy is just the epitome of consistency in grand slams- 23 (and counting...) consecutive grand slam SF's, this record will most likely never be broken.

all 3 are great players in their own right, and am just glad to see them competing against each other.

Forehander
01-28-2010, 01:34 PM
Ahahaha go suck it Everko :haha: What Fed killer? The loser faker received one hell of a cupcake draw similar to his 2009 Wimbledon draw and got thrashed as soon as he played a seeded player. He even pulled off his usual "16 injuries" style but still fell. I gotta give you compliment though this time, probably was the smartest move ever from you on these boards to not create a thread along the names of "Federer semi-final streak will fall this AO"; "Djokovic will clinch this AO". Finally losing confidence in your genius predictions?

Everko
02-26-2010, 04:19 PM
I refuse to let this thread end on that slimy,gross and dispicable post by Forehander

Start da Game
02-26-2010, 04:24 PM

it's very obvious that once again it has come down to nadal to do everything........

jcempire
02-26-2010, 04:24 PM
Nadal need a break

Everko
02-26-2010, 04:26 PM
it's very obvious that once again it has come down to nadal to do everything........

Yep, the other players aren't steeping up in the important moments.

megadeth
02-26-2010, 04:27 PM
nadal: 6 slams, 5 of which were at federer's expense even in AO and wimby, and getting into fed's head for a number of years.... i would hardly call that a failure

djokovic: not yet a failure, but really lost a lot of steam ever since that loss from nadal in madrid

Start da Game
02-26-2010, 04:33 PM
Yep, the other players aren't steeping up in the important moments.

djokovic and del potro hold the key to make it all really exciting.......it's just sad that djokovic is hampered by physical ailments and del potro with that injury prone wrist.......nadal's own madness has made the field totally lifeless........tennis is not healthy at the moment, that's for sure........

Fiberlight1
02-26-2010, 04:35 PM
nadal: 6 slams, 5 of which were at federer's expense even in AO and wimby, and getting into fed's head for a number of years.... i would hardly call that a failure

djokovic: not yet a failure, but really lost a lot of steam ever since that loss from nadal in madrid

Even the grand slam that Nadal won in '05 he beat Federer in the semis.. So you could make the argument that all six of his GS's have been won at Federer's expensive.

Start da Game
02-26-2010, 04:38 PM

you might have a point here.......nadal too is partly responsible for derailing djokovic........all due to the ridiculous draws primarily, landing djokovic in nadal's half too many times........rafa beat him again and again in 2008 and as if that wasn't enough, he repeated the dose in 2009 too.......djokovic is simply not the same old player since then........

Everko
02-26-2010, 04:39 PM
I was looking forward to Djokovic and nadal finals but the draws would not allow it. :mad:

abraxas21
02-26-2010, 04:42 PM
The GOAT will let the lesser beings canibalize each other so that he can make his graceful way to the title in every tournament he enters.... like in Madrid.

This Fed is smart.

ryder66
02-26-2010, 04:50 PM
I am always amused at how everyone here seems to be prophets and can guess the future of players. I am a huge Federer fan, but noone knows how Fed, Nadal, or Djokovic will play out the year or in coming years. Fans can only hope. I want Fed to win a few more majors and Nadal to not, but who knows? However, at this point, I think Djokovic has been dissapointing as the "Fed killer" but Nadal, unfortunatly, has not.

HKz
02-26-2010, 05:09 PM
Since when was winning at least one slam considered a fail...? :confused:

vn01
02-26-2010, 05:13 PM
Djokovic seemed like a dangerous player for Fed, true. And he might still be one. Actually, I hav eto admit that I expceted Nole to give Fed more troubles then he finally did. The guy is one of the best HC players in the world. no doubt, he has the potential to beat Federer. Fact is also, Fed was not at his best 2008. So we do not really know if a in form Djokovic can beat normal Fed in best of 5. I think he can only if Fed plays below his best. But that happens, so...
One hast to understand, it is one thing to trouble Federer, it is another to beat him in Slams.

Djokovic is just not consistent enough to really rattle Federer like Nadal did, to gain some mental advantage over him. That said, I think he might beat Fed again in a Slam. if Fed declines a bit more and Djoker finds peak form again, he will beat him. maybe even own Fed in 1-2 years, it is possible..
he has to sort out his "stamina" problems tough, or what ever it is that distracts im regularly in longer matches.

Djoko has a lot of wins over Federer on clay.Not only last year.I wanna see Nole-Federer at Roland Garros.And it will be interesting to see Rafa on clay this season.And I am sure that Rafa and Nole are better than Federer on clay:wavey:

tea
02-26-2010, 05:17 PM
I am always amused at how everyone here seems to be prophets and can guess the future of players. I am a huge Federer fan, but noone knows how Fed, Nadal, or Djokovic will play out the year or in coming years. Fans can only hope. I want Fed to win a few more majors and Nadal to not, but who knows? However, at this point, I think Djokovic has been dissapointing as the "Fed killer" but Nadal, unfortunatly, has not.
Yep, good point.

While Djokovic seems like gave up in fight with the greatest, and found out that the old king isn't just not dead but as live as ever, Nadal is still formally in need of one or two GS meetings between them to get everyone, particularly in here, understand that without those extraordinary physical abilities, which looks like are no longer his friends, he's just another good, talented, a bit plain but effective and successful in the past player, but nowhere, stands nowhere near Federer.:)

abraxas21
02-26-2010, 05:18 PM
Since when was winning at least one slam considered a fail...? :confused:

it depends on the expectations the public has for each player. on a more personal basis, it depends on the own goals/expectations that the player has set on himself. thus, winning ONLY one GS in a career can be a "fail" or a "win" depending on the player.

HKz
02-26-2010, 05:20 PM
Djoko has a lot of wins over Federer on clay.Not only last year.I wanna see Nole-Federer at Roland Garros.And it will be interesting to see Rafa on clay this season.And I am sure that Rafa and Nole are better than Federer on clay:wavey:

What? Federer leads 2-1 vs Novak on clay... Do you even watch tennis?

Novak > Federer on clay? Hmm.

2009 results:

Federer d. Soderling (Final)
Kohlschreiber d. Djokovic (3rd Round)

king_roger
02-26-2010, 05:21 PM

Yeah, one victory is a lot if you consider really how much better than Djoko Federer is....:wavey:

HKz
02-26-2010, 05:25 PM
it depends on the expectations the public has for each player. on a more personal basis, it depends on the own goals/expectations that the player has set on himself. thus, winning ONLY one GS in a career can be a "fail" or a "win" depending on the player.

I guess. Maybe I'm too nice, but getting even in the top 10 is A+ stuff for me. I mean, top 10 is literally meaning you are part of the 10 best tennis players out of nearly 7 billion people on this planet! Obviously not everyone plays tennis, but you get the point :p

Guess it is just another MTF standard. Finally when one person starts winning, they claim the other has failed, and the when it goes the other way around, so does their logic. Maybe if it was possible to have 2 winners in every single match...

Corey Feldman
02-26-2010, 05:28 PM
according to Nole's mum and dad he was the new king and wouldnt lose to Federer again after Aussie Open 2008

2 years later

GS Won: Federer 4 Nole 0
GS Finals: Federer 8 Nole 0 (Murray 2)
times Fed beaten Nole: 4

Another RogFan
02-26-2010, 06:26 PM
according to Nole's mum and dad he was the new king and wouldnt lose to Federer again after Aussie Open 2008

2 years later

GS Won: Federer 4 Nole 0
GS Finals: Federer 8 Nole 0 (Murray 2)
times Fed beaten Nole: 4

Quoting Nole's mum and dad isn’t best idea just because they are complete idiots. Oterwise there is no doubt that Djokovich is very good clay court player, but he is not even close to Federer.

samanosuke
02-26-2010, 07:02 PM
Who even cares for Nole's parents. Even Nole is ashamed of them

freeandlonely
02-26-2010, 07:43 PM

He's a pansy anyway. He seems to have grown a pair now, but there are people ahead of him (Del Potro, Murray)

You mean they are NOW ahead of Djokovic?

ssj100
02-26-2010, 08:05 PM
Murray is the Federer destroyer also? So many destroyers of the guy who has 16 Grand Slams and held the number 1 ranking for 237 consecutive weeks.

Everko
02-26-2010, 08:08 PM
Murray is the Federer destroyer also? So many destroyers of the guy who has 16 Grand Slams and held the number 1 ranking for 237 consecutive weeks.

who do you think you are?

vn01
02-27-2010, 09:09 PM
What? Federer leads 2-1 vs Novak on clay... Do you even watch tennis?

Novak > Federer on clay? Hmm.

2009 results:

Federer d. Soderling (Final)
Kohlschreiber d. Djokovic (3rd Round)

Oh,yes.I was thinking of someone else.I am sorry.But I still think that Nole is better than Federer on clay

BigJohn
02-27-2010, 10:07 PM
Oh,yes.I was thinking of someone else.I am sorry.But I still think that Nole is better than Federer on clay

Sure, why not. Federer is shit on clay, he has not achieved anything significant on it. Djokovic has done many times better than Federer at the French Open.

Djokovic is also ahead of Federer when it comes to weeks #1, total slams won, consecutive semis and fathering twins.

:yeah:

luie
02-28-2010, 02:00 AM
They don't have the game,mentality,adaptability to compete with federer on a regular basis.Nadull has the game,and mentality to compete with federer on clay 9-2 but not on surfaces not named clay 5-4.His game is one of grinding & moonballing which can be hazardous to health,also he has no adaptability skills so he is being torn apart by the tall 2hbh players & clean ball strikers & he is powerless to do anything about it & it will continue to be a problem for him.
Fakervic was able to take advantage of a depleted federer ,end of story.

Vida
02-28-2010, 02:10 AM
They don't have the game,mentality,adaptability to compete with federer on a regular basis.Nadull has the game,and mentality to compete with federer on clay 9-2 but not on surfaces not named clay 5-4.His game is one of grinding & moonballing which can be hazardous to health,also he has no adaptability skills so he is being torn apart by the tall 2hbh players & clean ball strikers & he is powerless to do anything about it & it will continue to be a problem for him.
Fakervic was able to take advantage of a depleted federer ,end of story.

:bs:

luie
02-28-2010, 02:30 AM
You are certainly entitled to your opoinion,even though I believe djokovic would have beaten federer with the level of tennis he displayed I cannot be 100% sure.Reason he beat him in 2008,he didn't beat him before or after some of them 3 sets,not even 1 5 setter. IF fakervic beats federer this year he will get respect untill then no. However he has to hurry because fed will be 29 this year.

Vida
02-28-2010, 03:17 AM
You are certainly entitled to your opoinion,even though I believe djokovic would have beaten federer with the level of tennis he displayed I cannot be 100% sure.Reason he beat him in 2008,he didn't beat him before or after some of them 3 sets,not even 1 5 setter. IF fakervic beats federer this year he will get respect untill then no. However he has to hurry because fed will be 29 this year.

he drummed fed in australia, has beaten him before and after that. facts speak for themselves pretty much.

as much as fed was 'depleted' at the time, djokovic was even more the times he lost to fed. before montral 07 he was an inexperienced kid - after wimby 08 he was/is in garbage form (as is evident in stats).

one can say.

Frank Winkler
02-28-2010, 04:19 AM
And out of the floor boards come the ass kissers of Roger 'MyfacelookslikeanAss' Federer.
Disgusting prick, hope Andy humiliates him on Sunday.

where is Murray?

Matt01
02-28-2010, 12:37 PM

This.

luie
02-28-2010, 07:59 PM
he drummed fed in australia, has beaten him before and after that. facts speak for themselves pretty much.

as much as fed was 'depleted' at the time, djokovic was even more the times he lost to fed. before montral 07 he was an inexperienced kid - after wimby 08 he was/is in garbage form (as is evident in stats).

one can say.
Exactly he beat him in a MS & he beat him in AO but nothing before & after whatever the reason .So @ this point he is like a safin & not a "so-called" fed destroyer. Although imo safin should get more credit because he took down PRIME federer & not monofederer. Although its unfair to fakervic because I think he would have probably beaten good playing fed but we will never know,since fakervic has been unable to repeat,whatever the excuse is this "time".

Everko
03-01-2010, 05:51 PM
Exactly he beat him in a MS & he beat him in AO but nothing before & after whatever the reason .So @ this point he is like a safin & not a "so-called" fed destroyer. Although imo safin should get more credit because he took down PRIME federer & not monofederer. Although its unfair to fakervic because I think he would have probably beaten good playing fed but we will never know,since fakervic has been unable to repeat,whatever the excuse is this "time".

absolutley retarded.

Amber Spyglass
03-01-2010, 06:07 PM

Ok just to clear up a few things cos you're talking utter :bs:.Since AO 08,Djokovic has beaten Fed in Miami,Rome and Basel,that's two masters series and one 500.For some reason you don't seem to be aware that Djokovic has beaten him since AO 08,so get your facts straight before making idiotic uninformed statements.

*As your memory is revived,patiently waits for the "Fed was in horrific form in those three matches" excuse to join the mono one.If Djokoic gets laughed out of the room for his excuse again "this time" as you put it,then so should Fed or else they should be treated as credible victories from both*

Persimmon
03-01-2010, 06:10 PM
Nobody can take the AO away from Nole, no matter what. He managed to actually win a slam and that is all that matters.

Amber Spyglass
03-01-2010, 06:34 PM
Nobody can take the AO away from Nole, no matter what. He managed to actually win a slam and that is all that matters.

This,Fed was certainly in good enough form to jump all over a choke at the very least and run with it,which Djokovic didn't give him.And that's at the very least,Fed didn't look that bad to me

Andresito
03-01-2010, 11:39 PM

First, it's Rafa with the positive record against Federer, not Novak.

If you think about it, defensive players are historically the ones with the highest chances to beat Federer (Nadal, Murray, Simon, pre 2004 Hewitt)

But, my attention is at the word force. If anyone has it, it's not Rafa or Novak. Players like Del Potro, Cilic, or Soderling made hard hitting their law.

Both are talented players, and I don't think they have failed a lot. Nadal has won 6 grand slam title (and has beated Federer in the 6 events), Djokovic 1 grand slam and a Master Cup (again, beating Federer in the SF), but keeping the rhythm to someone like Federer is, at least, very difficult.

Federer is just too good.

Mmmhhh, I'm finishing this thinking I made a lot of mispelling, sorry native english writers!

Orka_n
03-02-2010, 12:31 AM
But, my attention is at the word force. If anyone has it, it's not Rafa or Novak. Players like Del Potro, Cilic, or Soderling made hard hitting their law.Err, I believe you're misunderstanding. Everko thought that Nadal and Nole were supposed to dethrone Federer "with force", but this doesn't mean that they would be "using power tennis" (like Delpo, Sod and Cilic) - but rather that they would grab the #1 spot "without hesitation".

federersforehand
03-02-2010, 03:52 AM
Nadal on clay has FAR from failed, he has exceeded on all levels and dominates federer 9-2 on the surface, he is the best clay player of our era bar none. fed agrees with this you can tell in some of his past interviews how much he admires nadal on clay ie: 'had nadal been there would you have not won?' 'well i dont know about that but with him not being there i had to take my chances and thankfully it paid off' or something along those lines. fed almost knows vs peak nadal on clay its just that hard to beat him. on other surfaces its 5-4 to fed so its a true rivalry off clay.

however in slam count since 05 feds still way ahead 12-6-1 so yes federer has still dominated the tour in terms of consistancy and overall performance in all surfaces. if peak nadal couldnt get near federer in his mid to late 20's (feds now won 3 of 4 slams aged 28) then i suppose in comparison to the great one, they have failed. individually they have achieved more than 99% of tennis pros will ever achieve already though, so in there own respective rights, they have succeeded indefinitely

Persimmon
03-02-2010, 04:56 PM
however in slam count since 05 feds still way ahead 12-6-1 so yes federer has still dominated the tour in terms of consistancy and overall performance in all surfaces. if peak nadal couldnt get near federer in his mid to late 20's (feds now won 3 of 4 slams aged 28) then i suppose in comparison to the great one, they have failed. individually they have achieved more than 99% of tennis pros will ever achieve already though, so in there own respective rights, they have succeeded indefinitely

Fed's 5 first years in a row where he won slams(2003-2007), he won 12 slams. Rafa's 5 first years in a row where he won slams(2005-2009), he won 6 slams. Fed was good enough to win twice the number of slams Rafa did. He is that good.

HKz
03-03-2010, 07:41 PM

One season of good MS clay event appearances doesn't make you better than someone who won Roland Garros. I mean Novak failed to reach the 4th round. That is a joke.

Forehander
03-03-2010, 09:39 PM
lol Djokovic better than Federer on clay? The last match they played though Djokovic won he was being pounded for a set and a half until the rain came to save his ass.He was in form too but was simply being outplayed. And on a serious note, there's no comparison between the two because as the above poster mentioned it's not possible to compare a mug who couldn't even reach the 4th round in RG with the champion. People are just deluded because he seems to be able to take it to Nadal better due to the match up with his two handed backhand. But Soderling aside, who was the only other player to have defeated Nadal on clay last year? lol :lol:

03-03-2010, 10:58 PM

ah, what could have been

Well Tipsarabitch and Birdbitch dont really count, because Federer did not end up winning those 2 slams.

Choko a susie is hard to classify, because he never actually led in the match. In theory he could have had a shot to win in straights but it's not black and white.

Farce was the only legitimate choke, and the most relevant really.

03-03-2010, 11:02 PM
Actually, some good could have come if stupid Bird Bitchhad beaten Federer.

Federer h2h vs Nadal would look a little better :)

But then his Semi final streak would be toast.