AO QF: Tsonga def. Djokovic 7-6(8), 6-7(5), 1-6, 6-3, 6-1 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

AO QF: Tsonga def. Djokovic 7-6(8), 6-7(5), 1-6, 6-3, 6-1

Pages : [1] 2

whattheheck
01-27-2010, 12:31 PM
Amazing match.:worship:

LocoPorElTenis
Jo :yeah:

TheBoiledEgg
Jo Wilfried :bounce: :woohoo:

great to see him winning
and Djoke losing

FlameOn
01-27-2010, 12:32 PM
Tsonga's so fucking lucky. Nole totally owned him in set 3, was 2-1 up in sets, and then he got sick. :o

scarecrows
01-27-2010, 12:32 PM
great stuff Jo

if he beats Federer hope he wins it all

SheepleBuster
01-27-2010, 12:33 PM
Tsonga lost that second set when he should have won it in the tie-break. Nevertheless, Novak let another one get away. Tsonga was a bit tired but Novak gave him hope and that was that.

Brick Top
Tsonga was to Stronga today...

Huntress555
Nole :sad:

Congrats to Tsonga though! Cant wait till Tsonga vs Fed :)

Lalalovesong
Super performance from Djokovic.
He was the hero of the night! And gave Tsonga his statisfaction of winning the match.

munZe konZa
it's sick that Nole always loses because of sickness, he is a choker

green25814
Joooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

cocrcici
disgusting

linus
:yeah: Allez, go further :aplot:

Guga_fan
Tsonga's so fucking lucky. Nole totally owned him in set 3, was 2-1 up in sets, and then he got sick. :o
It's Djokovic fault, he served for that first set, and had an easy passing shot in the breaker wich he netted. It's not Tsonga's problem that Novak was sick (or whatever he was).

*Ljubica*
Congrats Jo.

Get well soon Nole :hug:

Voo de Mar
01-27-2010, 12:34 PM
A new 5-set killa is in da house :bounce:

Clydey
01-27-2010, 12:34 PM
Compelling match. The quality wasn't particularly high, but there was plenty of drama.

Credit to Djokovic for sticking it out. I felt quite sorry for him in the end. As the commentators said, he may have gained more in defeat.

scoobs
01-27-2010, 12:35 PM
The only question here is not what went wrong with Djokovic

The only question is why I actually sat through, from start to finish, such a DREADFUL match.

munZe konZa
01-27-2010, 12:35 PM
Tsonga lost that second set when he should have won it in the tie-break. Nevertheless, Novak let another one get away. Tsonga was a bit tired but Novak gave him hope and that was that.

Nole won a point and gave it away in the first tiebreak , if he took that point he would win it. Nole got cheated in the first tiebreak and he is too nice to fix it

scoobs
01-27-2010, 12:36 PM
Shame Tsonga had to act so classlessly in that fifth set too.

Puschkin
01-27-2010, 12:37 PM
What did he do?

Art&Soul
it's sick that Nole always loses because of sickness, he is a choker

:lol: Faker is a pussy not choker :D but at least he is not a quitter like Nadull

xelena
Scoobs, why classlessly ??

scoobs
01-27-2010, 12:38 PM
What did he do?
he's got the double break on Nole, who looks out on his fucking feet, he wins a point and does the whole mad arm-waving whipping up the crowd thing like it's still a really tight contest, while Nole is trudging woefully back to the baseline.

What was that? Was there any need for that? He had the beating of Djokovic at this point, and he was toast until Djokovic decided his guts wanted to be on the outside, or whatever the hell that was. Nole looked like he was only sticking it out because he didn't want the retirement grief again.

Totally classless behaviour.

green25814
01-27-2010, 12:39 PM

What?

munZe konZa
always heartbreaking when Nole loses, at least I hope Murray wins it now , anything else is too bad

Guga_fan
Anyway, I can't see this Tsonga taking a set of Federer. Broken too many times, Federer won't hand breaks like Djokovic did.

Aloimeh
he's got the double break on Nole, who looks out on his fucking feet, he wins a point and does the whole mad arm-waving whipping up the crowd thing like it's still a really tight contest, while Nole is trudging woefully back to the baseline.

What was that? Was there any need for that? He had the beating and he was toast until Djokovic decided his guts wanted to be on the outside, or whatever the hell that was.

How was Djokovic sick/"sick"?

aussie_fan

What was that? Was there any need for that? He had the beating and he was toast until Djokovic decided his guts wanted to be on the outside, or whatever the hell that was.

Stop having a sook

Sophocles
01-27-2010, 12:40 PM
Well that was weird.

madmanfool

What was that? Was there any need for that? He had the beating of Djokovic at this point, and he was toast until Djokovic decided his guts wanted to be on the outside, or whatever the hell that was. Nole looked like he was only sticking it out because he didn't want the retirement grief again.

Because he knew with the double break he had the match in the bag. It was practicaly match point.

green25814

Djokovic was still in the match. Only an idiot drops the intensity because the other player got an upset stomach.

Clydey

Yeah, I thought that was a bit much. The Courier interview indicated that he may not have known just how bad Djokovic was feeling, but I'm not sure how he could have missed it.

munZe konZa
:lol: Faker is a pussy not choker :D but at least he is not a quitter like Nadull

he is not a crying loser like Federerer either :rolleyes:

Stefanos13
Toning down the theatrics and celebrations knowing your opponent is sick wouldn't have cost Tsonga the match...
Anyway, good luck to him in an anti-climax semi

whattheheck
01-27-2010, 12:41 PM
Djokovic had an upset stomach.

FaceyFacem
ultimately, i think the sickness really hurt novak's chances, but he can only blame himself for losing the 1st set after multiple chances to win it... it's too bad :( good playing from jo, but there's no way he'll win this title, he'll need a lot of help from roger AND andy

CescAndyKimi

Rubbish. He's pumping up himself. Since when is it paramount of play within yourself because your opponent is struggling? Why should he risk letting his level drop so as to be considerate.

What a rubbish observation, he was perfectly within his right to use the crowd to pump himself up mentally. He could easily have let Nole back in that, and we all know how the mind quashes illness when there's hope.

scoobs
01-27-2010, 12:42 PM
Stop having a sook
A what now?

I'm not having an anything - I'm not even a Djokovic fan :lol:

I just thought that was pathetic.

whattheheck
LMAO at Tsonga's interview suggesting that Djokovic sometimes pretends to be sick or injured.

william_renshaw
How can anyone dislike Tsonga? His speed and athleticism are incredible, he comes up with some amazing shots, he serves big, has incredible touch at the net, and above all a charismatic and endearing personality. If he can sort out the mental side of his game and his shot selelction, he will definitely be a slam winner, whether here or elsewhere.

xelena
scoobs, you're right about that..
but then again, the crowd was cheering and really expected that..tsonga was their darling all the way long

I had the impression that Nole wasnt out that much physically.. it was mental choke over and over , he plays really crappy each time he's got a chance to move to no2 or similar..

bjurra
Tsonga is biggest mug to reach a GS semi since Rainer Schittler.

The first three sets from him were so awful it was almost funny.

green25814
Toning down the theatrics and celebrations knowing your opponent is sick wouldn't have cost Tsonga the match...
Anyway, good luck to him in an anti-climax semi

TBF to Tsonga, I don't think he can control his emotions. When he gets excited, he just lets loose, like you saw. I doubt Djokovic would blame him.

Vida
not the best of matches. props to novak for sticking through it despite some health thing. he threw up in the toiled. better luck next time man.:yeah::yeah:

good win for tsonga, though Id wish he'd drop the classless acts, like questioning medical time outs or making jokes of players state. for how much effort djoker puts into all this he didnt deserve to laughed at.

kooties
that was the worst I've seen Tsonga's net game in ages, his groundies were awful as well, he was litterally an all serve mug that match.

Nevertheless, matches like this remind me why I'm a Tsonga fan.

munZe konZa
01-27-2010, 12:43 PM
Because he knew with the double break he had the match in the bag. It was practicaly match point.

I will forgive Conga if he wins over Federerer but he may be too happy with this result and he may give the match away

fred perry
01-27-2010, 12:44 PM
nole forgot the pepto bismol.

simplet

The hell? Djoko was still fighting, running all over the place on some of these balls, letting others go when it didn't matter as much. Did you want him to turn into cilic and drop two sets just because the other guy is struggling? All the while looking at his shoes?

He was trying to stay in this match, and rightly so.

Voo de Mar

Tsonga is a good friend of Monfils and certainly knows that at the US Open 2005, Djokovic couldn't play 10 minutes at 5:5 in the 5th against Monfils but won two deciding games after that... In 2007 he was dead tired after third set against Monaco only to win the 4th 6-1. I'm far away from the anti-bandwagon called "fakerevic" but the Serb has sometimes problems with breathing (or other problems) during winning matches. Definitely he was struggling today but he can recover to be still dangerous quite fast.

bjurra
01-27-2010, 12:45 PM
How can anyone dislike Tsonga? His speed and athleticism are incredible, he comes up with some amazing shots, he serves big, has incredible touch at the net, and above all a charismatic and endearing personality. If he can sort out the mental side of his game and his shot selelction, he will definitely be a slam winner, whether here or elsewhere.

He is just a silly person with a stupid look on his face who gives stupid answers in interviews. The lights are on but nobody is home.

His game is so inconsistent, without his serve he would see a lot more early exits.

He is quick around the court and has a good attitude, I can give him that.

Lalalovesong
A what now?

It was pathetic, First thing tsonga said was that nole faked it.
Yes he does that sometimes!!

oranges
What a strange match. Jo was so up and down I'm still dizzy, but he's through.
What happened with Djokovic? He was perfectly fine one moment and than completely out of sorts the next, looking like he will pass out any minute for a while.

That was an incredible get and not a point at which Novak looked down on his feet (aside from the score) :shrug:

OnyxRose
01-27-2010, 12:46 PM
Novak's never going to get to#2.

bobbynorwich
01-27-2010, 12:46 PM
Compelling match. The quality wasn't particularly high, but there was plenty of drama.

Credit to Djokovic for sticking it out. I felt quite sorry for him in the end. As the commentators said, he may have gained more in defeat.

Yeh but, Djokovic would have been crucified if he had retired after getting sick. Remember that Sampras was barfing all over the place in a US Open final and won it, a true champion. At least Djokovic is learning not to retire for feeling a bit sick, ala for a 'sore throat' vs. Fed in Monaco.

scoobs
01-27-2010, 12:47 PM
The hell? Djoko was still fighting, running all over the place on some of these balls, letting others go when it didn't matter as much. Did you want him to turn into cilic and lose two sets just because the other guy is struggling? All the while looking at his shoes?

He was trying to stay in this match, and rightly so.
he was trying and failing miserably - he was a double break down and hardly winning points for all his attempts to run around.

Fine - have it your way, I mean Tsonga is a forum favourite around here.

The last thing I'll say on this is - if Andy Murray had done something like that after Nadal had had his medical timeout and was clearly down and out, he would have been massacred on this forum and rightly so.

Anyway, Tsonga got it done in the end, well done to him for that, and I don't fancy his chances in the next round.

Vida
Tsonga is a good friend of Monfils and certainly knows that at the US Open 2005, Djokovic couldn't play 10 minutes at 5:5 in the 5th against Monfils but won two deciding games after that... In 2007 he was dead tired after third set against Monaco only to win the 4th 6-1. I'm far away from the anti-bandwagon called "fakerevic" but the Serb has sometimes problems with breathing (or other problems) during winning matches. Definitely he was struggling today but he can recover to be still dangerous quite fast.

so whats the point here, hes had health problems and despite that wins the match? and he should somehow be blamed for it?

stebs
A what now?

Fair enough for your opinion but perhaps you have Tsonga confused for someone more experienced for whom a fifth set win over a world #3 is no big deal. If it was Federer or Nadal in the same situation against Novak then you would have a point, however, for Tsonga the match surely didn't feel dead at that point. Furthermore, Tsonga hasn't been in these situations left, right and centre. Second ever fifth set win, second big win over a top 3 player, second win in a grand slam quarter final. These are all big moments for Jo, he has a right to be pretty excited about that when he makes a big point that he feels may seal the win.

green25814
Seriously though, its funny how nieve some of you are about this. Djoker was running like a gazelle up untill the final point, to suggest he was out of it is ridiculous.

Steelq
01-27-2010, 12:48 PM
Way to lose a match that should have been won in straights Novak.:retard:

momo_momo
01-27-2010, 12:48 PM
To those who didn't watch the game, shut up. Watch the replay, okay? I'm tired of hearing you saying blah-blah like unlimited shit is coming out of your mouth. I love both guys, I still had respect for Jo even if he waved his arms like that, but the fact that when he did the interview he said,

"He always does that, and he wins."

I thought he can become classy, at least. Did he think he deserved the win, irregardless of Novak's "injury"?

I even said, WTF Nole with that ridiculous timeout. I though it was to throw Jo off, but I realized the momentum was with Nole. And he could've finished it in four, he had love games twice in the second.

Did you think Jo was playing any better than Novak when he was trudging in the 4th and 5th set?

He was capitalizing on Novak's double faults. Novak didn't even try to run around the court in the last set. I guess he was pretty tired.

Or maybe he was tanking. Well... I don't think any of them deserved getting a pass in the SF with their level of play.

Marin and Andy deserved those spots.

GAH!

kooties
01-27-2010, 12:49 PM

That get of the drop-volley was incredible, if it was an UE, or a simple power forehand I would've agreed, but a get like that is amazing.

Vida
What a strange match. Jo was so up and down I'm still dizzy, but he's through.
What happened with Djokovic? He was perfectly fine one moment and than completely out of sorts the next, looking like he will pass out any minute for a while.

That was an incredible get and not a point at which Novak looked down on his feet (aside from the score) :shrug:

he got sick (perhaps ate something bad) and puked in the toilet. pretty much it derailed him.

Voo de Mar
so whats the point here, hes had health problems and despite that wins the match? and he should somehow be blamed for it?

The point is there's no place for sympathy if your opponent stuggles. Therefore I disagree with scoobs post.

Lalalovesong
Seriously though, its funny how nieve some of you are about this. Djoker was running like a gazelle up untill the final point, to suggest he was out of it is ridiculous.

Yeah I always do that for fun!

Tsonganator
01-27-2010, 12:50 PM
He is just a silly person with a stupid look on his face who gives stupid answers in interviews. The lights are on but nobody is home.

His game is so inconsistent, without his serve he would see a lot more early exits.

He is quick around the court and has a good attitude, I can give him that.

He's not a native English speaker...but sure he has a silly side. Most people would find that

refreshing compared to the seriousness of most players.

chalkdust
OMFG!! So I watch only sets two and three, conclude that the match is painful to watch and very predictable so I switch off. Now I find Jo won after all - makes no sense at all to me.

Stefanos13
TBF to Tsonga, I don't think he can control his emotions. When he gets excited, he just lets loose, like you saw. I doubt Djokovic would blame him.

I guess you have a point. It's just a little annoying :)

2moretogo
01-27-2010, 12:51 PM
LMAO at Tsonga's interview suggesting that Djokovic sometimes pretends to be sick or injured.

Well, I am sure he didn't mean it that way.:devil:

Good stuff from Jo, but he's got to be aggressive from jump street against Fed.

Get well Nole.

scoobs
The point is there's no place for sympathy if your opponent stuggles. Therefore I disagree with scoobs post.
Fair enough :)

I'm not saying be sympathetic, I'm saying be respectful.

I've said my piece, most people disagree - that's fine :)

stebs

No, the point is that Tsonga was right not to take his foot off the gas. Djokovic has looked pained and ill or whatever and come back to win, he still looked dangerous even when he was moping around the court. Djokovic is a big player, ill or not, he is tough to beat.

brithater
01-27-2010, 12:52 PM

What happens to Novak wont affect him when the point is going on unless its a really long point.

Vida
ultimately, if tsonga were a better player, he'd have no need to jump around looking to 'excite' the crowd and bring them to give him support.

he probably considers it his 'weapon'.

green25814

No offense to scoobs, but only a girl would say something like that imo. This is professional tennis. You don't make friends while on court.

NyGeL
01-27-2010, 12:53 PM
Djoker didn't play his best

scoobs
No offense to scoobs, but only a girl would say something like that imo. This is professional tennis. You don't make friends while on court.
Only a sexist idiot would say something some lame.

I'm a guy by the way :wavey:

brithater
Some of the remarks on this thread are from people who either did not watch the match, dont know how to watch a match, or are just really ignorant. I guess its time for me to go with humor again.

Sophocles
Put it this way: looking at it from Nole's point of view, I could have done without the celebrations . Looking at it from Tsonga's, I can't really blame him.

Vida
01-27-2010, 12:54 PM
No, the point is that Tsonga was right not to take his foot off the gas. Djokovic has looked pained and ill or whatever and come back to win, he still looked dangerous even when he was moping around the court. Djokovic is a big player, ill or not, he is tough to beat.

thats not the thing I was referring to but what voo wrote. nothing wrong with putting a foot on the gas when the chips are down for the other guy.

green25814
01-27-2010, 12:55 PM
Only a sexist idiot would say something some lame.

I'm a guy by the way :wavey:

Fair enough, that was a bit rude of me. I just get irritated when people try to mix sentimentality with professional sports. This is their livelyhood.

simplet
he was trying and failing miserably - he was a double break down and hardly winning points for all his attempts to run around.

Fine - have it your way, I mean Tsonga is a forum favourite around here.

The last thing I'll say on this is - if Andy Murray had done something like that after Nadal had had his medical timeout and was clearly down and out, he would have been massacred on this forum and rightly so.

Anyway, Tsonga got it done in the end, well done to him for that, and I don't fancy his chances in the next round.

He stopped with the celebrations and the self-encouragement in the 4th set and what happened? Out of the blue Djokovic came back in it and Tsonga had an awkward time serving out that set. Tsonga is an emotional player anyway and if he lets his adrenaline drop his game takes a hit. And finally the crowd was into it, so Tsonga gave them what they wanted. :shrug:

dj_mercury
I even said, WTF Nole with that ridiculous timeout. I though it was to throw Jo off, but I realized the momentum was with Nole.
Not trying to suggest anything, but Nole took the timeout just after being broken at the beginning of the fourth set.

scoobs
01-27-2010, 12:56 PM
Fair enough, that was a bit rude of me. I just get irritated when people try to mix sentimentality with professional sports. This is their livelyhood.
I already said it's not about sentiment it's about respect.

By all means crush the guy, beat him as hard as you can, but if it's clear he's not 100% then show a bit of respect for that, no need to rub his nose in the fact by being overbearing.

Meh, that's my opinion. Whatever :)

Voo de Mar

Djokovic and Tsonga IMO are fighters but also fair players. They had very warm handshake so I'm sure D'Joke doesn't blame Tsonga for his natural reactions. Yes, this is professional tennis, when your opponent is weak you have to nail him up, and always nice to give him a warm handshake later what they did to each other after the match...

Lleyton_
he is not a crying loser like Federerer either :rolleyes:

http://i45.tinypic.com/o5np5y.jpg

Vida
01-27-2010, 12:57 PM

thats not the point either. djoko's receiving critique for winning when injured, thats what you said.

that makes no sense, cause isnt it a bigger effort for winning when your down physically?

Tsonganator
01-27-2010, 12:57 PM
Geez, these on-court "manners" are being way over-analyzed. They're tennis players, not priests. So big sh** if Tsonga didn't express "sympathy", its not like Nole's dying, he had to hurl, same as I did a couple nights ago from having too much to drink, only Nole can go home to bathe in his cash.

scoobs
01-27-2010, 12:58 PM
He stopped with the celebrations and the self-encouragement in the 4th set and what happened? Out of the blue Djokovic came back in it and Tsonga had an awkward time serving out that set. Tsonga is an emotional player anyway and if he lets his adrenaline drop his game takes a hit. And finally the crowd was into it, so Tsonga gave them what they wanted. :shrug:
You know what, maybe you're right, maybe Tsonga needed to do that to keep himself fired up, control his nerves and focused on getting it done.

You are right he kept nearly letting Novak back in in that fourth set.

I just didn't like it and I thought it wasn't nice.

But whatever.

We could talk about this all day or talk about the match.

Not that the match was much to talk about to be honest.

Poor quality with little flashes of brilliance.

Langers
01-27-2010, 12:58 PM
I'm done with this stupid stupid sport right now.

Watch the freaking useless hack Tsonga get about 6 games total off Federer. Just give him the freaking title already.

Langers
01-27-2010, 12:59 PM
Djokovic >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Tsonga.

Watch the 3rd set and you'll see who is the far better player.

Tsonga you hack.

green25814
01-27-2010, 01:00 PM
Djokovic and Tsonga IMO are fighters but also fair players. They had very warm handshake so I'm sure D'Joke doesn't blame Tsonga for his natural reactions. Yes, this is professional tennis, when your opponent is weak you have to nail him up, and always nice to give him a warm handshake later what they did to each other after the match...

Yeah sure, after the match you can buy him a beer, hug him, whatever, but during the match my theory has always been to completely ignore the other guy when it comes to emotion. Just block it out and do what you'd normally do.

Tsonga in particular, finds it very difficult to control his emotions. Its unfair to blame him.

Voo de Mar
thats not the point either. djoko's receiving critique for winning when injured, thats what you said.

ehhh...

Vida
Geez, these on-court "manners" are being way over-analyzed. They're tennis players, not priests. So big sh** if Tsonga didn't express "sympathy", its not like Nole's dying, he had to hurl, same as I did a couple nights ago from having too much to drink, only Nole can go home to bathe in his cash.

there is a line you just dont cross if you wanna be cool. if you dont, than you dont really care, but also than youre an asshole.

brithater

I agree. While sympathy with cost you the match when your on court you have keep some things in perspective. I will only say that Tsonga may not be smart enough to really pick up on whats going on out there. Not trying to rip on Tsonga but he not exectly a thinker out there. I like both players. Maybe Tsonga a little more even but he was acting a little over the top. Oh well...on to the semis. He caught a lucky break in this match for sure.

Jōris
01-27-2010, 01:01 PM
Should have won in three. Hope he recovers well.

scoobs
01-27-2010, 01:01 PM
Yeah sure, after the match you can buy him a beer, hug him, whatever, but during the match my theory has always been to completely ignore the other guy when it comes to emotion. Just block it out and do what you'd normally do.

Tsonga in particular, finds it very difficult to control his emotions. Its unfair to blame him.
Why the fuck not?

I mean, Andy Murray "can't control his emotions". he yells "c'mon" when he feels he needs to.

he gets ripped to shreds for it.

why does one guy get a pass and the other not?

fangirl
01-27-2010, 01:02 PM
No one is suggesting Jo should have gone easy on him. But to dance around and act as if you just owned him by winning some huge epic battle, when really, you would have most likely lost if your opponent wasn't feel sick? That kinda shit smacks of tastelessness.

freeandlonely
:mad:

vincayou
Tsonga could have restrained himself but as he said in the interview, Novak has done it many times in the past and still won it in the end more often than not. Who seriously thought that Djoko was out of it after the 4th set ?

Don't mind him doing his business as usual (with the crowd), because the situation wasn't that ususual.

He could have been more restrained once the match was won, but before that no way.

Tsonganator
01-27-2010, 01:03 PM
Djokovic >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Tsonga.

Watch the 3rd set and you'll see who is the far better player.

Tsonga you hack.

Bitter much? So what if Djokovic is more technically sound or not, does it make you feel superior

to Tsonga fans? Tsonga won because of fitness and mental toughness. A W is a W no matter how you

get it, excluding cheating of course. You're investing too much into something you can't control.

Vida
ehhh...

so youre far away from fakervic bandwagon but what? he is not really faking but he not really not-faking it. gimme a break.

green25814
Why the fuck not?

I mean, Andy Murray "can't control his emotions". he yells "c'mon" when he feels he needs to.

Well personally, I love it when Murray shrieks c'mon. I don't see it as a problem.

People probably find Tsonga more charismatic though, which is why they give him a free pass. Not fair I know.

kisen
01-27-2010, 01:04 PM
ultimately, if tsonga were a better player, he'd have no need to jump around looking to 'excite' the crowd and bring them to give him support.

he probably considers it his 'weapon'.

Then showing how badly you feel on court can be considered a 'weapon' too. And quite an effective one - both Djokovic and Tsonga knew it.

scoobs
01-27-2010, 01:04 PM
Well personally, I love it when Murray shrieks c'mon. I don't see it as a problem.

People probably find Tsonga more charismatic though, which is why they give him a free pass. Not fair I know.
*nod* good point well made.

Puschkin
01-27-2010, 01:05 PM
He could have been more restrained once the match was won, but before that no way.
So he graced the court with his stupid dance, too? :rolleyes:

brithater
http://i45.tinypic.com/o5np5y.jpg

Yeah but Novak is just a kid. Federer should no better. Guy has no reason to cry about anything tennis related.....ever. It wouldnt bother me if Murray cried either. Hes a kid still. There have been a few times when Adult players have cried (Rafter) but thats different.

Guga_fan
By the way, I liked how Djokovic played in the 2nd and 3rd set, especially the later one. Haven't seen him playing attacking tennis for ages, he was kinda unlucky here but he should not stop playing like that.

And I think Tsonga's forehand is lacking some power, it used to look faster IMO.

peteroger
I thought Joker is gonna retire mid-fourth set.
He obviously learned from past and stick to the end.

Voo de Mar
01-27-2010, 01:06 PM
so youre far away from fakervic bandwagon but what? he is not really faking but he not really not-faking it. gimme a break.

I'm afraid you're too emotional because you wanted him to win but now you're disappointed because he lost, so better give yourself a break to regroup after disappointment.

Vida
01-27-2010, 01:06 PM
Then showing how badly you feel on court can be considered a 'weapon' too. And quite an effective one - both Djokovic and Tsonga knew it.

well its pretty hard concealing it when you have to barf in the can.

cocrcici
01-27-2010, 01:07 PM
:lol:Nole:lol:

Tsonganator
01-27-2010, 01:07 PM
By the way, I liked how Djokovic played in the 2nd and 3rd set, especially the later one. Haven't seen him playing attacking tennis for ages, he was kinda unlucky here but he should not stop playing like that.

And I think Tsonga's forehand is lacking some power, it used to look faster IMO.

He switched to Babolat perhaps for more spin, it does look less mammoth, but I think he's cut down on errors some. Just hope he doesn't take it too far a'la Roddick.

Vida
01-27-2010, 01:09 PM
I'm afraid you're too emotional because you wanted him to win but now you're disappointed because he lost, so better give yourself a break to regroup after disappointment.

yeah, you could have just said 'you got it wrong, and heres what I meant', but this is just as telling.:yeah:

green25814
01-27-2010, 01:10 PM
I think Tsonga has restricted his game so as to lengthen his career. The way he used to play was too hard on his body.

TennisOnWood
01-27-2010, 01:11 PM
Take your Number 2 spot and go home!!!!!

brithater
01-27-2010, 01:11 PM
Why the fuck not?

Murray has intelligence and maturity at a young age. I am not makeing excuses for Tsonga though. If he ever wants to be a long term threat he needs to get on a more even keel

Guga_fan
01-27-2010, 01:12 PM
Maybe it was that, but his game is certainly not as effective as it used to be, I doubt he will beat Federer with balls like that unless he serves 2 aces per game.

Manon
01-27-2010, 01:12 PM
The only question here is not what went wrong with Djokovic

The only question is why I actually sat through, from start to finish, such a DREADFUL match.

I agree with you. My mistake talking about his *hidden* form on exo. Roger will eat up Tsonga just like he would with healthy Novak. Apart from Novak stomack issues this is the worst 5 set match on AO this year.
And oh well, kredit to Novak after throwing up situation.

I just hate Monkey business so badly. I wish total demolition in SF.

scoobs
01-27-2010, 01:13 PM
it's funny because both Djokovic and Tsonga have backed off the focused confident aggression that took them both to the final here in 2008.

freeandlonely
01-27-2010, 01:13 PM
Take your Number 2 spot and go home!!!!!

sure, why not:angel:

Lee
01-27-2010, 01:14 PM

Thank you!

Djokovic was pushing Tsonga left and right, painting the lines in 3rd set but kept hitting the ball into net in the final two because he was a step or 1/2 step slow.

No one is suggesting Jo should have gone easy on him. But to dance around and act as if you just owned him by winning some huge epic battle, when really, you would have most likely lost if your opponent wasn't feel sick? That kinda shit smacks of tastelessness.

Thank you too!

green25814
01-27-2010, 01:15 PM
I agree with you. My mistake talking about his *hidden* form on exo. Roger will eat up Tsonga just like he would with healthy Novak. Apart from Novak stomack issues this is the worst 5 set match on AO this year.

Why do you call him 'Monkey business?'

Manon

Agree once more.

As I said > monkey business. And those towels from gold at the end *saving for friends as Mats said*. How embarrassing.

Guga_fan

I bet you didn't watch Kolya vs Verdasco match :lol:

Manon
01-27-2010, 01:16 PM
Why do you call him 'Monkey business?'

I like it. His way of jumping around like a fool looks like just monkey business.

Tsonganator
01-27-2010, 01:17 PM
Agree once more.

As I said > monkey business. And those towels from gold at the end *saving for friends as Mats said*. How embarrassing.

How sad you are. :o

Vida
it's funny because both Djokovic and Tsonga have backed off the focused confident aggression that took them both to the final here in 2008.

yeah it was a peak for both back than. perhaps novak now plays a bit with more options. but back than he was just going for the lines from the baseline. tsonga also was much more focused, esp in nadal demolition.

today both were 'mentally not in it', part from some flashes.

Manon

That's my Aussie:worship:

green25814
I like it. His way of jumping around like a fool looks like just monkey business.

What is monkey business anyway?

tennishero
01-27-2010, 01:18 PM
tsonga got his revenge, still i cant believe djoker lost this, will he ever win another slam?

kooties
01-27-2010, 01:18 PM
Maybe it was that, but his game is certainly not as effective as it used to be, I doubt he will beat Federer with balls like that unless he serves 2 aces per game.

Tsonga has four main weapons, Serve, movement, forehand, and netplay. Only serve and movement were working this match, if it's because of Babolat, he has to switch back pronto IMO, Tsonga will never beat the top dogs with consistency, he should just try and get as much power as possible.

MagicMilan
01-27-2010, 01:20 PM
A lot of admiration for Novak for fighting till the very end :yeah:
But with that 1st and 2nd set, I lost all hope of him being a great player. So much game and such a pussy. Tennis wise, he can be a very good player and win few more slams. Physically and mentally he's just not up there with the big guys. Tsonga was sub-par today, especially in the first 2 sets. An attacking Novak would have won this in 3 for sure, but he decided to be a pansy. Therefore a lot of strength was used and then his lack of fitness prevailed. And once you let Jo in, he just feeds from the atmosphere and it's hard to go back.
Congrats Jo but that level won't be enough to take even a set against Roger.

Voo de Mar
01-27-2010, 01:20 PM

A matter of taste Mano :) I like it very much for example, I like when players are emotional during the match and after, annoy my players like Kafelnikov or Troicki who after winning a match put a racquet into armpit and with non-significant grimace give a handshake. I've got a feeling that they treat hours on the court like hours in the office ;)

Manon
01-27-2010, 01:21 PM
Djokovic was still in the match. Only an idiot drops the intensity because the other player got an upset stomach.

It's not about Tsonga's intensity. It's about monkey business and your opponent is kinda sick or whatever. Classles and, sadly, nothing new. What do you think > would Roger, Rafa, Andys....do the same. Nope, they're profesionals.

Vida
01-27-2010, 01:23 PM
A lot of admiration for Novak for fighting till the very end :yeah:
But with that 1st and 2nd set, I lost all hope of him being a great player. So much game and such a pussy. Tennis wise, he can be a very good player and win few more slams. Physically and mentally he's just not up there with the big guys. Tsonga was sub-par today, especially in the first 2 sets. An attacking Novak would have won this in 3 for sure, but he decided to be a pansy. Therefore a lot of strength was used and then his lack of fitness prevailed. And once you let Jo in, he just feeds from the atmosphere and it's hard to go back.
Congrats Jo but that level won't be enough to take even a set against Roger.

we'll see perhaps after the interview, but he could've had one of those off days due to being sick.
anyway, he'll spring back.

green25814
01-27-2010, 01:24 PM
It's not about Tsonga's intensity. It's about monkey business and your opponent is kinda sick or whatever. Classles and, sadly, nothing new. What do you think > would Roger, Rafa, Andys....do the same. Nope, they're profesionals.

Those guys have all been around GS semis and have all beaten the other top guys multiple times. Its different for someone like Tsonga. This was a huge match for him, and he's an emotional guy anyway. Cut him some slack, its obvious your just feeling bitter because Nole lost.

Manon
01-27-2010, 01:24 PM
A matter of taste Mano :) I like it very much for example, I like when players are emotional during the match and after, annoy my players like Kafelnikov or Troicki who after winning a match put a racquet into armpit and with non-significant grimace give a handshake. I've got a feeling that they treat hours on the court like hours in the office ;)

True. I like when players are emotional during the match and after as you said but not in Tsonga's way. It looked like he's thinking - is Novak drop on court or my win, why am I'm jumping around like a monkey?

SelvenluvJo
01-27-2010, 01:25 PM
ok Jo made a huge mistake,when he saw Djokvic got sick he should be retired.

Manon
01-27-2010, 01:26 PM
Those guys have all been around GS semis and have all beaten the other top guys multiple times. Its different for someone like Tsonga. This was a huge match for him, and he's an emotional guy anyway. Cut him some slack, its obvious your just feeling bitter because Nole lost.

One way street. I'm happy for Novak, he didn't retire, he lost it like a man. Reading your posts I'd say you're just another hater whoever is Novak's opponent.

Tsongation
01-27-2010, 01:27 PM
There's a whole lot of crying going on in this thread :sad:

Novak is ALWAYS getting sick. blah blah blah

MagicMilan
01-27-2010, 01:27 PM
we'll see perhaps after the interview, but he could've had one of those off days due to being sick.
anyway, he'll spring back.
Maybe, but IMO he was scared of Jo right from the start
I'll always be a die hard fan of his but this match just makes me think if I expect too much of him? Too many chokes lately...

green25814
01-27-2010, 01:29 PM
One way street. I'm happy for Novak, he didn't retire, he lost it like a man. Reading your posts I'd say you're just another hater whoever is Novak's opponent.

I don't hate Novak. I'm not a fan, but I respect the guy as a player and a man. I don't blame his fans for being upset either, it was a tough loss.

xelena
01-27-2010, 01:29 PM
Mano, you cant really blame Tsonga for acting that way... his oponent may be injured ,sick or whatever but what if he does not believe it or he didnt notice it?
Tsonga even said that in the aftermatch interview smthg like "djokovic tried to play dirty" can you imagine that?hmm?
on the other hand i wonder, what kind of question he got in order to answer something like that
:)

Voo de Mar
01-27-2010, 01:30 PM
True. I like when players are emotional during the match and after as you said but not in Tsonga's way. It looked like he's thinking - is Novak drop on court or my win, why am I'm jumping around like a monkey?

I think his jumping would have been tasteless if Djokovic had retired. I saw such a behaviour only once in my life when Przysiezny beat Coria (6-5 ret.) :o :o D'Joke's stomach problems allowed Tsonga to win 4th and 5th set easily but I think with these problems D'Joke would win 4th or 5th set against all players he had beaten before this QF. He's such a clean hitter, he was still dangerous. I've seen a couple matches when a player lost because injury of an opponent affected him too much, thus Tsonga did the right thing playing like always with energy of the crowd and celebrated his win like always.

brithater
01-27-2010, 01:32 PM

Yup. Novak starting to show some character. Its a good sign. Hes starting to Mature

Vida
01-27-2010, 01:33 PM
Maybe, but IMO he was scared of Jo right from the start
I'll always be a die hard fan of his but this match just makes me think if I expect too much of him? Too many chokes lately...

:lol: nonono. he'd have beaten tsonga in 4 as most predicted had he not got sick.

brithater
01-27-2010, 01:33 PM
ok Jo made a huge mistake,when he saw Djokvic got sick he should be retired.

Would have made complete sense the way this tournament has gone so far.

jasmin
01-27-2010, 01:34 PM
I just don't get it. I'm not a fan of Tsonga or Djokovic so I didn't care who won but why is Djokovic always sick or tired. What is going on with his conditioning.

Some strange matches all around today.

Manon
01-27-2010, 01:36 PM
Mano, you cant really blame Tsonga for acting that way... his oponent may be injured ,sick or whatever but what if he does not believe it or he didnt notice it?
Tsonga even said that in the aftermatch interview smthg like "djokovic tried to play dirty" can you imagine that?hmm?
on the other hand i wonder, what kind of question he got in order to answer something like that
:)

Forst of all > hey you, long time no see:hug:

Second - I'm kinda proud of Novak (which is not good) cos he didn't retire and third - Tsonga is the player I dislike most.

I think his jumping would have been tasteless if Djokovic had retired. I saw such a behaviour only once in my life when Przysiezny beat Coria (6-5 ret.) :o :o D'Joke's stomach problems allowed Tsonga to win 4th and 5th set easily but I think with these problems D'Joke would win 4th or 5th set against all players he had beaten before this QF. He's such a clean hitter, he was still dangerous. I've seen a couple matches when a player lost because injury of an opponent affected him too much, thus Tsonga did his job playing like always with energy of the crowd and celebrated his win like always.

Voo, it's all about me and my disliking Tsonga.

I wonder do you agree it was lousy match with 2 pretty much out of form guys? So many ups and downs from both (talking about first and second set)?

xelena
01-27-2010, 01:37 PM
Voo de maar, how come he lost the 1st set after such advantage??;) Dont know why, but I'm conviced that this Nole (since jan2009) is mentally very similar to dAvidenko. Each time he's playing important points he doubts..plays defense.. passive and lets the oponent decide how the point is going to end
what once was his strength now it became his enemy

brithater
01-27-2010, 01:37 PM
Tsonga has four main weapons, Serve, movement, forehand, and netplay. Only serve and movement were working this match, if it's because of Babolat, he has to switch back pronto IMO, Tsonga will never beat the top dogs with consistency, he should just try and get as much power as possible.

He has speed but no recovery. He is a fine mover when he is dictating play. If he gets forced of the court he is out of the point most of the time unless he can come up with an incredibe shot. He kinda reminds me of Boris Becker in terms of movement

Voo de Mar
01-27-2010, 01:41 PM
I wonder do you agree it was lousy match with 2 pretty much out of form guys? So many ups and downs from both (talking about first and second set)?

No :) I enjoyed this match despite last two sets which were awful excluding a few spectacular points. I think both played very good match in the first two sets, especially in tie-breaks. D'Joke's point at 4:5 in second tie-break was amazing - one of the best points of the tournament so far! I think he did one serious mistake in that match - tried to fight at the end of the 4th. Should have lost it 0-6 and gave all he had in the fifth! Probably Tsonga would have won anyway something like 6-3 or 6-4 but 5th set would have been more competitive...

xelena
01-27-2010, 01:43 PM
hehe Mano, you charmer ;)))

I couldnt really see if Novak was sick or Tsonga cheering, my stream was bad half the time..but if everyone agrees that he was sick then ok. probably it is a good sign that it ended this way and not with a w.o.

Now the question is: why did he get sick
;)

Manon
01-27-2010, 01:44 PM
No :) I enjoyed this match despite last two sets which were awful excluding a few spectacular points. I think both played very good match in the first two sets, especially in tie-breaks. D'Joke's point at 4:5 in second tie-break was amazing - one of the best points of the tournament so far! I think he did one serious mistake in that match - tried to fight at the end of the 4th. Should have lost it 0-6 and gave all he had in the fifth! Probably Tsonga would have won anyway something like 6-3 or 6-4 but 5th set would have been more competitive...

<bold> Yeah, that was weird.

Manon
01-27-2010, 01:45 PM
;)

Who knows. He was leading 2-1, he was on fire and all of a sudden...We shall see from his presser.

Voo de Mar
01-27-2010, 01:46 PM
Voo de maar, how come he lost the 1st set after such advantage??;) Dont know why

I don't know too but I think Fibak who is a great strategist noticed correctly (I was watching this match with his commentary), it was a matter of "bad" preparation for this QF. Djokovic had "challenger players" on his route to today's match. It's a difference when you try to serve out a set against guys like Gimeno or Kubot and when you do it against Tsonga who on the other hand had already played tough sets against experienced Haas and improving Almagro.
Completely different level of concentration...

LocoPorElTenis
01-27-2010, 01:49 PM
I don't know too but I think Fibak who is a great strategist noticed correctly (I was watching this match with his commentary), it was a matter of "bad" preparation for this QF. Djokovic had "challenger players" on his route to today's match. It's a difference when you try to serve out a set against guys like Gimeno or Kubot and when you do it against Tsonga who on the other hand had already played tough sets against experienced Haas and improving Almagro.

Yeah I think that playing utter clowns (for GS level) up to now didn't favor Nole at all.
Tsonga can hit the most amazing shots next to the most ridiculous poor shot decisions (those dropshot attempts in the tbs :rolleyes:)

Manon
01-27-2010, 01:50 PM

Ha, as Courier said before the tournament - 'such an easy draw is the toughest one'.

xelena
01-27-2010, 01:52 PM
Voo, but come on.. Nole is not at amateur level.. few breaks, set points and nothing, he gave them away.. IF you see how he played those points, it was simply "fear" . Once that gets into players game it's very hard to get rid of it and then you're jinxed forever

Manon
01-27-2010, 01:55 PM
Voo, but come on.. Nole is not at amateur level.. few breaks, set points and nothing, he gave them away.. IF you see how he played those points, it was simply "fear" . Once that gets into players game it's very hard to get rid of it and then you're jinxed forever

Matter of both, selfconfidence and form. When he is on Basel/Paris mode he's unstoppable.

Voo de Mar
01-27-2010, 01:55 PM

Maybe he was too tentative at setpoint on his own in the 9th game but as I said, maybe he played the same way all his setpoints in previous 4 matches, it would have given him a false sense of security :shrug: In the tie-break at 2nd setpoint Tsonga played great serve-and-volley point.

Vida
01-27-2010, 01:57 PM

not always. whats worse for djokovic is this ongoing accusation of him faking injuries. maybe nobody really believes it now, but at least he is still a figure of fun. I imagine he is pissed cause of it.

brithater
hehe Mano, you charmer ;)))

I couldnt really see if Novak was sick or Tsonga cheering, my stream was bad half the time..but if everyone agrees that he was sick then ok. probably it is a good sign that it ended this way and not with a w.o.

;)

I believe he had a panic attack. Go into the live thread I went into it a lot. They are not fun and very scary. Its amazing he played through it. He needs to get his blood preasure checked. It might diagnose it. They are a tricky thing and are good at hiding from doctors. This was not fitness or injury related. I believe its just one of those fluke things. To happen in a match is unfortunate. I rarely feel sorry for a guy but this time I do. Showed a lot of maturity to finish the match.

In a Panic attack you literally cannot take a deep breath. You are gasping but nothing gets in. People who have asma tell me its the same as an Asma attack. You dont really recover from panic attacks though. Your chest gets so constricted it feels like you are going to have a heart attack.

Proud of Djokavich today. Took it in the chin like a man. Made me a little bit of a fan .....finally. Good on ya mate

ReneP
... I think he did one serious mistake in that match - tried to fight at the end of the 4th. Should have lost it 0-6 and gave all he had in the fifth! ...Thought the same. Wondered also if Tsonga (who could see Djoko had momentarily recovered) did not let Djoko come back until 5-3 in the 4th in order to tire him up a bit more before the 5th.

Vida
01-27-2010, 02:01 PM
I believe he had a panic attack. Go into the live thread I went into it a lot. They are not fun and very scary. Its amazing he played through it. He needs to get his blood preasure checked. It might diagnose it. They are a tricky thing and are good at hiding from doctors. This was not fitness or injury related. I believe its just one of those fluke things. To happen in a match is unfortunate. I rarely feel sorry for a guy but this time I do. Showed a lot of maturity to finish the match.

In a Panic attack you literally cannot take a deep breath. You are gasping but nothing gets in. People who have asma tell me its the same as an Asma attack. You dont really recover from panic attacks though. Your chest gets so constricted it feels like you are going to have a heart attack.

Proud of Djokavich today. Took it in the chin like a man. Made me a little bit of a fan .....finally. Good on ya mate

doubt it. hes been through thick and thin that man. maybe it had some part into what happened last years AO, along with heat stroke, but doubt he got sick in the stomach after panic attack today.

spec7er
01-27-2010, 02:04 PM
Interview's posted in the AO website. Nole said that he had diarrhea prior to the match.

Q. What was the problem with your health?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, first, I would like to congratulate Jo. He played a great match. Deserved to win.

It was unfortunate that I couldn't perform on the level that I wanted to in the fourth and fifth set. I don't want to find excuses for my loss, but, you know, I went to vomit and I had diarrhea before the match. Just a terrible feeling.

You know, it's been a great tournament for me, so it's just a bad way to ‑‑ not to be able physically go through the whole match.

Q. When did you start feeling ill?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I had a little problems with the stomach even before the match as I said. No, the big deal I started feeling after third set when I just ‑‑ I couldn't hold on.

After two games I had to go to the toilet. There was no way, otherwise I would throw up on the court. That's when I had to do it.

Q. Are you injured in your legs or something like that?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: No. Well, look, when you lose a lot of fluids and your engine a bit stop working, that's how I felt. Very bad with my legs in the fourth, and especially in the fifth set. I wasn't able to run him down at the baseline, and that was the major problem. You know, he was serving well and just got confidence boost to be aggressive.

It was unfortunate.
http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/news/interviews/2010-01-27/201001271264515142203.html

Lee
01-27-2010, 02:05 PM
;)

From post match interview

Q. What was the problem with your health?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: Well, first, I would like to congratulate Jo. He played a great match. Deserved to win.

It was unfortunate that I couldn't perform on the level that I wanted to in the fourth and fifth set. I don't want to find excuses for my loss, but, you know, I went to vomit and I had diarrhea before the match. Just a terrible feeling.

You know, it's been a great tournament for me, so it's just a bad way to ‑‑ not to be able physically go through the whole match.

Q. Was it something you ate?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: It was the same routine like every day. I mean, I just didn't eat some kind of shrimps or something. It was pasta.

Maybe. I really don't know. It's too bad.

Q. Did you have any memories of last year here when you had to withdraw from the match?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: No. No. No.

Q. When did you start feeling ill?

NOVAK DJOKOVIC: I had a little problems with the stomach even before the match as I said. No, the big deal I started feeling after third set when I just ‑‑ I couldn't hold on.

After two games I had to go to the toilet. There was no way, otherwise I would throw up on the court. That's when I had to do it.

brithater
01-27-2010, 02:06 PM
doubt it. hes been through thick and thin that man. maybe it had some part into what happened last years AO, along with heat stroke, but doubt he got sick in the stomach after panic attack today.

You can get really nautious during these. Panic attacks can come from nowhere. I was sitting on the couch watching a boring movie. I have been in some pretty hot, hot, hot (life threatening) spots in my life and have not had any issues like this before.

Vida
01-27-2010, 02:07 PM
...and on top of that he had to deal with mad uncle in the booth. they were swearing at each other at one point. the usual 'u pičku materinu bre...' one. :lol: oh boy.

Manon
01-27-2010, 02:07 PM

Well, new light is on. I wouldn't exclude your point of view. At all. Check your rep btw.

rocketassist
01-27-2010, 02:10 PM
ALLEZ! Jo saves tennis big time :yeah: Hope he knocks out Fed now and we see a new GS champ.

Faker is the same as Nadal, never loses unless injured/hurt/sore/bad chest/woke up on the wrong side of the bed and fell out.

Vida
01-27-2010, 02:10 PM
You can get really nautious during these. Panic attacks can come from nowhere. I was sitting on the couch watching a boring movie. I have been in some pretty hot, hot, hot (life threatening) spots in my life and have not had any issues like this before.

well who knows really, it could be a combination of factors. still I doubt it was pure panic, most likely something he ate something bad.

Manon
01-27-2010, 02:14 PM
ALLEZ! Jo saves tennis big time :yeah: Hope he knocks out Fed now and we see a new GS champ.

Faker is the same as Nadal, never loses unless injured/hurt/sore/bad chest/woke up on the wrong side of the bed and fell out.

When you're happy I'm happy too. But Fed will show him the proper job.

brithater
01-27-2010, 02:19 PM
well who knows really, it could be a combination of factors. still I doubt it was pure panic, most likely something he ate something bad.

Yup. Could be a combo of Low Blood Sugar dehydration scenario leading into a panic attack. If you ever exhert yourself to the point of depleating your electrolights you can go into this. You start sweating like crazy, your sweat is kinda slimey, and you feel cold. Its a weird feeling. Sometimes its good to put some salt and potasium into your water. Anyways....sorry to go into a physio shpeel here. There is no quick recovery from this. Djokavich was done as soon as it hist him.

Sampras vs Corretja in 96 us open went into something like this but was able to serve it out. He went on too win the tournament. Its not a fitness thing.

madmanfool
01-27-2010, 02:21 PM

You think that is disrespectful? :rolleyes: lol, thanks for the laugh anyway.
You want to know what respect is? The warm handshake from Tsonga. That's respect.

Vida
01-27-2010, 02:28 PM
Yup. Could be a combo of Low Blood Sugar dehydration scenario leading into a panic attack. If you ever exhert yourself to the point of depleating your electrolights you can go into this. You start sweating like crazy, your sweat is kinda slimey, and you feel cold. Its a weird feeling. Sometimes its good to put some salt and potasium into your water. Anyways....sorry to go into a physio shpeel here. There is no quick recovery from this. Djokavich was done as soon as it hist him.

Sampras vs Corretja in 96 us open went into something like this but was able to serve it out. He went on too win the tournament. Its not a fitness thing.

yeah we had a fair share of discussion on this topic a while ago. after last years AO I had a similar theory. its unfortunate whatever it is. he has a history of breathing problems, so it can be a number of things.

paseo
01-27-2010, 02:29 PM

Yeah I think that playing utter clowns (for GS level) up to now didn't favor Nole at all.
Tsonga can hit the most amazing shots next to the most ridiculous poor shot decisions (those dropshot attempts in the tbs :rolleyes:)

These are right, IMO.
Djokovic was not ready physically and mentally. He played an exhibition tournament only (with the wrong attitude) for preparation, and he only faced lower quality opponents in the previous rounds. I predicted after Djokovic won against Kubot, that he would lose to the first decent opponent he faces. And it proved to be right.
Yes, Djokovic is clearly a better player than Tsonga, but Tsonga >>>> Kubot, Istomin, Chiudenelli, Gimeno-Traver.

...and on top of that he had to deal with mad uncle in the booth. they were swearing at each other at one point. the usual 'u pičku materinu bre...' one. :lol: oh boy.

Can you translate it, please.

Forehander
Where's Everko? Surely he predicted this Australian Open champion to be Novak Djokovic no? But unfortunately today he was simply outclassed by the far better player while playing his best tennis. He even used all the faking tricks he had up his sleeve to try driving Tsonga's momemtum down but too bad it doesn't work on a true warrior. On top of that he had an absolute cupcake draw, just like he did in Wimbledon 2009. No problem beating hopeless clowns, but when faced with quality opponents? Diarrhea/Back injury alert!

brithater
I see he is saying he Had dyarea. Chances are he got dehydrated and was struggling a little bit there. That wont affect breathing like it did though. Two different systems one being digestive the other resperatory. These two can have an effect on each other but not as far as taking breaths. Novak was just Gasping terribly in the match. For something to hit him that fast I am going with a panic attack. He played and breathed great the first two sets. If he had food poisoning and it was that bad he would have had some massive stomache cramps to the point he would be curled up on the ground like a baby.

brithater
01-27-2010, 02:32 PM
Where's Everko? Surely he predicted this Australian Open champion to be Novak Djokovic no? But unfortunately today he was simply outclassed by the far better player while playing his best tennis. He even used all the faking tricks he had up his sleeve to try driving Tsonga's momemtum down but too bad it doesn't work on a true warrior. On top of that he had an absolute cupcake draw, just like he did in Wimbledon 2009. No problem beating hopeless clowns, but when faced with quality opponents? Diarrhea/Back injury alert!

Yes you are right. Tsongo was in complete control of the match the whole time and Novak Djokavich tried to fake an injury to win the match. Shamful Novak.

swebright
01-27-2010, 02:37 PM
I think Novak got sick from high anxiety/tension. Not like suddenly striked by food posioning or stomach flu. :devil::devil:

Poor guy.

Good job, Jo. You took more risks and had a better outcome. 2 successive 5 set matches and won both. Yum ........

munZe konZa
01-27-2010, 02:41 PM
you can only get diarhea or vomit if you eat something you never ate before so why would he not prepare himself before the match for this possibility ?
Nole playing tennis is like a horror movie , you know there is something unexpected happening and it happens and he just raises his hands.

yuiwer
01-27-2010, 02:41 PM
Expected.

Lopez
01-27-2010, 02:42 PM

Translation :D ?

Vida
01-27-2010, 02:42 PM
Can you translate it, please.

its a common swear, literal translation has no meaning.

I see he is saying he Had dyarea. Chances are he got dehydrated and was struggling a little bit there. That wont affect breathing like it did though. Two different systems one being digestive the other resperatory. These two can have an effect on each other but not as far as taking breaths. Novak was just Gasping terribly in the match. For something to hit him that fast I am going with a panic attack. He played and breathed great the first two sets. If he had food poisoning and it was that bad he would have had some massive stomache cramps to the point he would be curled up on the ground like a baby.

gasping for air is nothing new for djokovic, its a leftover from asthma and those breathing problems. if I remember correctly, it was explained after monte carlo retirement in 2008 he has a 'small lungs' problem cause of the nasal deviation he had for a long time. something like that. anyway, it wasnt such an issue as it was in autralia last year, to me it looks more like the stomach thing. but in reality who can tell, since he surely does not wont to disclose if it is anything more fundamental. like being prone to panic attacks. that would be devastating for a top player.

Lee
01-27-2010, 02:43 PM
you can only get diarhea or vomit if you eat something you never ate before so why would he not prepare himself before the match for this possibility ?
Nole playing tennis is like a horror movie , you know there is something unexpected happening and it happens and he just raises his hands.

No. The food may be contaminated.

SetSampras
01-27-2010, 02:43 PM
Typical result from Djoker these days. Complete mental breakdown. I think he is just happy to be settled in and around the top spot. He doesnt have the necessary drive to be the best and grab many slams even though he has the ability to do so. Sheer and utter breakdown from Djoker again. Its a shame. If you would have told me 2-3 years ago what I thought of Djoker I would have said thats your next big superstar right there. But it goes to show ability isnt the be all end all. The mentality is just as important.

Hes turning into a guy that could but never will every season that goes by

Lee
01-27-2010, 02:44 PM
I love it when people comment how a player plays in a match by just looking at the score line.

McAlistar
01-27-2010, 02:45 PM
There always seems to be a 6-1 set everytime these guys play. Great win for Tsonga though a tad fortunate, Nole's serve is horribly down on power.

tnosugar
01-27-2010, 02:50 PM
pity. Dj's game in set 3 was amazing. With that kind of tennis, would have been a classic with Fed.
Hope this doesn't put him down for the rest of the season. He was clearly disappointed in the post match interview.
Congratz to Tsonga, hope he can overcome Fed and try to win it.

brithater
01-27-2010, 02:51 PM

gasping for air is nothing new for djokovic, its a leftover from asthma and those breathing problems. if I remember correctly, it was explained after monte carlo retirement in 2008 he has a 'small lungs' problem cause of the nasal deviation he had for a long time. something like that. anyway, it wasnt such an issue as it was in autralia last year, to me it looks more like the stomach thing. but in reality who can tell, since he surely does not wont to disclose if it is anything more fundamental. like being prone to panic attacks. that would be devastating for a top player.

Yes he is not going to expose it because it either makes him look like a choker (for those who dont underatand panic attacks) or it tells others that at any time this could happen to him in a match.

He also may not even know if he is having panic attacks. If you see him hitting his chest when this happens its a dead givaway. Malisse had this happen at wimbledon one year in the semis. He was wacking his chest so hard with his racquet you could hear it over the television. He could not breath either. It feels like the muscles in your chest just keep constricticting and restricting your chest from expanding. I dont wish this on anyone. It is a scary feeling. I thought I was having a heart attack. Lasted two hours. I took a hot bath and passed out. I thought I was dieing. My Wife was freeking out. If it would have happened on court I probably would have been doing the same as Novak.

Its a theory

munZe konZa

maybe but everytime Nole loses there is some drama or lost opportununity and he always stumbles in big opportununity like this or London masters, why can't he lose by just being outplayed?
After all this time he could have been number 1 but now he will be out of top 3 for a while. This losss and the one in London is so bad for the wrong reasons.
It's very frustrating to watch and I don't know how he carries himself but he should stop being a good guy if he wants to stop losing . He gets no respect anyways

Apemant

:devil:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfLvnXIu664

brithater
01-27-2010, 02:52 PM
I love it when people comment how a player plays in a match by just looking at the score line.

+1,000,000,000,000,000

tnosugar
01-27-2010, 02:53 PM
Nole's serve is horribly down on power.

this is so true and I can't understand it. Is there any other example in men's tennis where a player's serve got weaker at age 22-23 compared to 19-20.
Perhaps he lost some flexibility that affects his body motion during the serve... strange.

ChampionshipPoints
01-27-2010, 02:53 PM
Félicitations Jo! Now, beat Federer and go for the title. Bonne chance!

munZe konZa
01-27-2010, 02:56 PM
Yes he is not going to expose it because it either makes him look like a choker (for those who dont underatand panic attacks) or it tells others that at any time this could happen to him in a match.

He also may not even know if he is having panic attacks. If you see him hitting his chest when this happens its a dead givaway. Malisse had this happen at wimbledon one year in the semis. He was wacking his chest so hard with his racquet you could hear it over the television. He could not breath either. It feels like the muscles in your chest just keep constricticting and restricting your chest from expanding. I dont wish this on anyone. It is a scary feeling. I thought I was having a heart attack. Lasted two hours. I took a hot bath and passed out. I thought I was dieing. My Wife was freeking out. If it would have happened on court I probably would have been doing the same as Novak.

Its a theory

Panic attacks and leg cramps are simply vitamin deficiencies so they can be fixed by good supplementation. Maybe he eats junk food ? but he says he doesn't drink coca cola

madmanfool
01-27-2010, 02:58 PM
this is so true and I can't understand it. Is there any other example in men's tennis where a player's serve got weaker at age 22-23 compared to 19-20.
Perhaps he lost some flexibility that affects his body motion during the serve... strange.

It's due to technique. He has a much longer motion these days (since last year I would say). It used be more compact. Take Roddick as the perfect example of an ultra compact service motion.

brithater
01-27-2010, 02:58 PM

Could be saying diarea before the match to cover up a medical illnes. His team was saying during the match that he was perfectly fine and had no idea what was going on. Diarea can also be caused by nerves going into a big match and have nothing to do with what he ate.

Sampras had a blood condition that he hid for a long time. He used to blame it on food poisoning.

Just ideas. Breathing would not be bothered by something he ate.

Vida
01-27-2010, 02:59 PM

Its a theory

that must be a horrible experience you have gone through, I hope everything is fine now.

didnt notice djoker hitting his chest in that manner, only after a big point he took. usually he does it a bit like a madman, but at one point when he passed tsonga cross court from far corner to far corner in the 4th set perhaps, he did it slowly obviously tired but still kicking :lol: that was cool. anyway, I dont think panic attacks are a mayor issue with him (anymore at least). no particular evidence since he played fine last year in that respect (well after AO anyway). besides, he and his team must've addressed the issue with experts by now, doctors.

paseo
01-27-2010, 02:59 PM

I bet it was Fed's doing :(

The Freak
01-27-2010, 03:00 PM
Good stuff Jo, keeping the tournament interesting :yeah:

Vida
01-27-2010, 03:01 PM
:devil:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfLvnXIu664

yeah Ive seen this. dont like it, sorry.

ballbasher101
01-27-2010, 03:02 PM
Very strange match. Funny how Tsonga has played two five set matches in a row. The Djoker needs to improve his level of fitness, he faded badly. I suspect Djokovic's fitness problems will never truly go away. I don't mind Tsonga but I want Fed to take the title.

brithater
01-27-2010, 03:03 PM
Panic attacks and leg cramps are simply vitamin deficiencies so they can be fixed by good supplementation. Maybe he eats junk food ? but he says he doesn't drink coca cola

no. Read about anatomy and physiology. Maybe even psycology with panic attacks. This did not happen because he had a snickers bar. Cramps in tennis are nerve related almost always. These guys have dieticians that work with them. The days of Jimmy Conners eating 3 fudge bronies and a coke before a match no longer exhist on the tour.

kisen
01-27-2010, 03:03 PM

Maybe his back (or shoulders) can't tolerate the stress it gets from the service-motion. It looks painful. This is more worrying than the breathing problems IMO.

pica_pica
01-27-2010, 03:04 PM
Congrats Jo! :yeah:

I haven't read anything here but I'm sure some would say Novak faked the sickness or whatever. Put yourself in his shoes, why should he fake it when he's all in control and winning? Letting your subjective hatred blinds your basic sense, you won't convince anyone. Stop deceiving yourself.

As his fan, of course I feel sad, but I'm also at peace with myself. It's all sportsmanship and class. I'm sure someday his hard work will be properly rewarded. Rest well, Nole :hug:

fangirl
01-27-2010, 03:04 PM
Very strange match. Funny how Tsonga has played two five set matches in a row. The Djoker needs to improve his level of fitness, he faded badly. I suspect Djokovic's fitness problems will never truly go away. I don't mind Tsonga but I want Fed to take the title.

There is a big difference between having inadequate fitness and being an asthmatic.

Nole fan
01-27-2010, 03:05 PM
Poor Nole. God, nothing is ever easy with him, right? It was painstaking watching him struggle after the third set, it looked like he would vomit on court any minute (until then he was on fire, playing absolutely great, had Jo against the ropes). Up until then i thought he would win this easily after watching Jo in such a bad form in the third set. And then he starts feeling stomach cramps and makes an exit to the toilet. After that I knew it was over. He fought till the end though, I give him credit for that, it's not easy, but I'm sure he did it because he felt obligued. He knew retiring would have looked really bad on him this time. After that he was just a little bit slower and that gave Jo the match. I understand why some people doubt him because he always manages to lose every time he's on the brink of getting higher in the ranks. I hope he will mature and overcome his mental problems with time, he has all the potential to become a nº 1 for a long time, but as someone said before, talent is not enough. I will always cheer for him no matter what, even if he goes down to being a top 20, but it's a shame to see such a great player not taking his chances. Anyway, adje Nole! And now I hope Murray wins this and I'll be less angry.

Rosa Luxembourg
01-27-2010, 03:07 PM
well done Jo! :bounce:

two down (Roddick and Djokovic) - one to go (Murray) :angel:

madmanfool
01-27-2010, 03:07 PM
Poor Nole. God, nothing is ever easy with him, right? It was painstaking watching him struggle after the third set, it looked like he would vomit on court any minute (until then he was on fire, playing absolutely great, had Jo against the ropes). Up until then i thought he would win this easily after watching Jo in such a bad form in the third set. And then he starts feeling stomach cramps and makes an exit to the toilet. After that I knew it was over. He fought till the end though, I give him credit for that, it's not easy, but I'm sure he did it because he felt obligued. He knew retiring would have looked really bad on him this time. After that he was just a little bit slower and that gave Jo the match. I understand why some people doubt him because he always manages to lose every time he's on the brink of getting higher in the ranks. I hope he will mature and overcome his mental problems with time, he has all the potential to become a nº 1 for a long time, but as someone said before, talent is not enough. I will always cheer for him no matter what, even if he goes down to being a top 20, but it's a shame to see such a great player not taking his chances. Anyway, adje Nole! And now I hope Murray wins this and I'll be less angry.

Good post. Except for the Murray winning thing :)

pray-for-palestine-and-israel
01-27-2010, 03:09 PM
i dont like joker but if he was sick Tsonga was very disrespectful to act like a prick when he should have acknowledged jokers injury

therefore i hope Roger bitch slaps his black ass

brithater
01-27-2010, 03:13 PM
that must be a horrible experience you have gone through, I hope everything is fine now.

didnt notice djoker hitting his chest in that manner, only after a big point he took. usually he does it a bit like a madman, but at one point when he passed tsonga cross court from far corner to far corner in the 4th set perhaps, he did it slowly obviously tired but still kicking :lol: that was cool. anyway, I dont think panic attacks are a mayor issue with him (anymore at least). no particular evidence since he played fine last year in that respect (well after AO anyway). besides, he and his team must've addressed the issue with experts by now, doctors.

I have never had it happen again since then but it is always in the back of my mind. I am not the type of person that stresses out all the time but doctors have told me it can stem from unconcious stress. Its really hard to diagnose because it can be something unconcius that leads to a fluke physical reaction. So you can test for it but it hides. If tsonga would not have taken the bathroom break it may not have hit. It takes about ten minutes before it really grabs you. It creeps up. Probably the most important bathroom break of Tsongas carrer LOL.

I have gotten low blood sugar quite a few times just from not eating and doing a lot of physical activity. You have to be careful because you can pass out from it. Had that happen twice on long runs. Whole damn fire department woke me up once! Mind over matter attitudes can get dangerous when training or working. Alway keep a power bar by you when your going hard, on court or off.

Lee
01-27-2010, 03:14 PM
maybe but everytime Nole loses there is some drama or lost opportununity and he always stumbles in big opportununity like this or London masters, why can't he lose by just being outplayed?
After all this time he could have been number 1 but now he will be out of top 3 for a while. This losss and the one in London is so bad for the wrong reasons.
It's very frustrating to watch and I don't know how he carries himself but he should stop being a good guy if he wants to stop losing . He gets no respect anyways

I really don't understand what's your argument/problem/complain here. He was totally outplayed when he lost to Nadal in Madrid 2009. He was outplayed when he lost to Federer in USO 2009. It's clear he's exhausted before London masters :shrug:

I think he carries himself fine these days :shrug:

Its a theory

Ain't Malisse had a heart problem?

Could be saying diarea before the match to cover up a medical illnes. His team was saying during the match that he was perfectly fine and had no idea what was going on. Diarea can also be caused by nerves going into a big match and have nothing to do with what he ate.

Sampras had a blood condition that he hid for a long time. He used to blame it on food poisoning.

Just ideas. Breathing would not be bothered by something he ate.

If any team members said anything about his physical problem before the match, the betting companies and ATP/ITF will definitely love it :p

Todd said Nole had stomach problem when he's asked by BG during the match, after Nole rushed inside :o

With stomach upset and diarrhea, heartburn will be another possible problem which will create a shortless of breath feeling. Since he vomit, it's very likely he had the heartburn too.

tnosugar
01-27-2010, 03:15 PM
Maybe his back (or shoulders) can't tolerate the stress it gets from the service-motion. It looks painful. This is more worrying than the breathing problems IMO.

Yoga exercises would take care of quite a few physical, physiological and psychological problems he has. But he would have have someone with vision in his physio and fitness team.
He probably pumped up his muscle to a more brittle state. His fitness is better, but his style of play may be suffering due to the loss in flexibility. Yoga...

madmanfool
01-27-2010, 03:16 PM
Malisse has hart rhythm disorder

brithater
01-27-2010, 03:17 PM
i dont like joker but if he was sick Tsonga was very disrespectful to act like a prick when he should have acknowledged jokers injury

therefore i hope Roger bitch slaps his black ass

I agree a little but you gotta remember Tsongo is a knuclehead and Tsonga is thinking about Tsonga. Last thing he is going to care about is Novak. I think if Tsonga was ahead 2 sets to love he would have been a little more muted but it was the 5th set and he was trying to make a comeback.

Lee
01-27-2010, 03:20 PM
Yoga exercises would take care of quite a few physical, physiological and psychological problems he has. But he would have have someone with vision in his physio and fitness team.
He probably pumped up his muscle to a more brittle state. His fitness is better, but his style of play may be suffering due to the loss in flexibility. Yoga...

You miss out on Nole's yoga practise vid?

brithater
01-27-2010, 03:21 PM
Malisse has hart rhythm disorder

yes and it can really mess with blood presure. Leadinfg to chest restriction and this same type of thing. Once you put your body under physical and mental stress it can really get weird. It cracks me up when people think Xavior is choking and is not fit when sometimes (not all the time) its a medical condition. Same with Novak. Sometimes Novak is unfit and chokes though. Not this time however.

madmanfool
01-27-2010, 03:22 PM
yes and it can really mess with blood presure. Leadinfg to chest restriction and this same type of thing. Once you put your body under physical and mental stress it can really get weird. It cracks me up when people think Xavior is choking and is not fit when sometimes (not all the time) its a medical condition. Same with Novak. Sometimes Novak is unfit and chokes though. Not this time however.

I see. Thanks

SetSampras
01-27-2010, 03:23 PM

Well Maybe he should quit playing in AO all together.. Last year it was heat exhaustion.. This year it was stomach issues.. Whats next?

TMJordan
01-27-2010, 03:24 PM
If he was so sick why didn't he quit like all the other clowns who give up when their tummy hurts?

tnosugar
01-27-2010, 03:24 PM
You miss out on Nole's yoga practise vid?

I'm afraid I did :)
But by the looks of his movement, he might not be practicing the right combinations of postures and poses (asanas)
needs to do something tho, that's evident...

munZe konZa
01-27-2010, 03:27 PM
no. Read about anatomy and physiology. Maybe even psycology with panic attacks. This did not happen because he had a snickers bar. Cramps in tennis are nerve related almost always. These guys have dieticians that work with them. The days of Jimmy Conners eating 3 fudge bronies and a coke before a match no longer exhist on the tour.

There is stress which makes hormones inbalances. When there is stress or if he eats some sugary stuff which suppreses an immune system , stress hormones steal resources from other nutrients and during long matches this is very evident. For example muscle cramps are directly caused by the lack of Magnesium in the body . Digestion is related to the enzymes and lack of energy nutrients like Glutamine which feed the brain and intestines. If I were suggesting to someone like Nole and his issues, I would say they can be fixed and he should take Magnesium and Glutamine just before the game or even during if he feels like it .

I think Nole has a hard time controlling himself when he is good because he puts too much pressure on himself , particularly to please others . This puts him under stress and his issues appear. I really hope they have someone to consult with but seeing as playeers and commmentators like to blame unspecified sources and considering chrobic issues that players deal with, it doesn't seem like dieticians do much .

brithater
01-27-2010, 03:29 PM
I really don't understand what's your argument/problem/complain here. He was totally outplayed when he lost to Nadal in Madrid 2009. He was outplayed when he lost to Federer in USO 2009. It's clear he's exhausted before London masters :shrug:

I think he carries himself fine these days :shrug:

Ain't Malisse had a heart problem?

If any team members said anything about his physical problem before the match, the betting companies and ATP/ITF will definitely love it :p

Todd said Nole had stomach problem when he's asked by BG during the match, after Nole rushed inside :o

With stomach upset and diarrhea, heartburn will be another possible problem which will create a shortless of breath feeling. Since he vomit, it's very likely he had the heartburn too.

Good Point. Could be Angina or really bad heartburn. With that you usually have really, really bad chest pain. I dont know if he would still be able to play if it was that severe.

Lee
01-27-2010, 03:36 PM
Good Point. Could be Angina or really bad heartburn. With that you usually have really, really bad chest pain. I dont know if he would still be able to play if it was that severe.

Don't need to be very bad chest pain to feel like you can't breath. I used to have heartburn, it's uncomfortable but I could still function but occasionally, I felt like I was choking and could not breath. Doctor used to think the heartburn was because of tension, lack of sleep, etc. But I found out later it's because I am allergic to pepper (all kinds including bell peppers, chilly peppers, etc) and my digestive system tried to reject the food. And because bell pepper is commonly used in many dishes, it took me a long time to identify it.

brithater
01-27-2010, 03:40 PM
If he was so sick why didn't he quit like all the other clowns who give up when their tummy hurts?

Because he is starting to mature. I think. Also with Rafa I think his knees are a lot worse than he tells people. I think Rafa also Hates Andy Murray to his very core (and vice versa)and wanted to give Andy a big F#CK YOU. Will be a shame if Rafa can never fuuly recover because that match up would be a great Hate rivalry.

With the others....Bahgdatis threw in the towel. Safina was hurt bad. Koubek looked like he was about to die. Almagro was tough as nails and played hurt so he was good. Always remember anytime someone talks about how great womens tennis is.....

#1 Henin defaults the Ausie open Final with Tum Tum!!!

brithater
01-27-2010, 03:41 PM
Don't need to be very bad chest pain to feel like you can't breath. I used to have heartburn, it's uncomfortable but I coulx still function but occasionally, I felt like I was choking and could not breath. Doctor used to think the heartburn was because of tension, lack of sleep, etc. But I found out later it's because I am allergic to pepper (all kinds including bell peppers, chilly peppers, etc) and my digestive system tried to reject the food. And because bell pepper is commonly used in many dishes, it took me a long time to identify it.

Yes, Tsonga ran to the bathroom, came back and sprikled pepper on the balls. Thats it! :worship:

Joking of course

*Jean*
01-27-2010, 03:43 PM
Am I the only one hating Tsonga out there ? His attitude is just unbearable...There is a limit between being a fighter and being a pain in the ass on the court after every single point...
Hope he gets trashed by Federer now.

Everko
01-27-2010, 03:46 PM
Tsonga is lucky that Novak got hurt

Har-Tru
01-27-2010, 03:54 PM
Disgraceful stuff from Clownga.

TMJordan
01-27-2010, 03:55 PM
Yeah, fuck Baghdatis.

mojobaby75
01-27-2010, 04:01 PM
Am I the only one hating Tsonga out there ? His attitude is just unbearable...There is a limit between being a fighter and being a pain in the ass on the court after every single point...
Hope he gets trashed by Federer now.
Right there with ya'! Go Fed!

Persimmon
01-27-2010, 04:07 PM
Was Nole sick with food intoxication?

dylan24
01-27-2010, 04:12 PM
did novak get food sent to him from novak restaurant?

Nole fan
01-27-2010, 04:13 PM
This thread is becoming a complex medical analysis, lol. It would be almost funny if it wasn't for the subject that is not funny at all. Hey Nole, you reading this? We at MTF will fix you up, no problem. You just need to practice yoga every day, take magnesium and glutamine before the matches, ingest more vitamines, stretch your muscles well, have a dietist and nutritionist with you at times, bla bla bla... I believe Nole knows exactly what his fitness problems are. His stomach was upset, end of the story. It can happen any time. I just wonder why it never happens to Fed. :scratch:
I hope Roger crushes Tsonga in the semis and then gets crushed by Murray. Liking the Scot more and more. He's going to end up soon in my signature.

Schu
01-27-2010, 04:14 PM

:worship:

A player can still be focused and fighting without acting like a classless clown. But Tsonga is what he is... Judging by Tsonga's comments guess that show in the 5th was his way of saying - "I don't believe you one bit Novack" but perhaps he could have just said it with his tennis racket?

The first time I saw Tsonga do his little victory dance after an easy win over a hugely inferior player I wanted to do what Novak did during the break last night. Damm I might even have to cheer for Murray if the 2 meet up, at least he wasn't dacning around like a fool when Rafa was out of it. Oh PLEASE Federer show the clown what real tennis and class on a tennis court look like (and I'm not usually a Roger fan these days).

Getta
01-27-2010, 04:16 PM
Yeah, fuck Baghdatis.

yeah, although diagnostic argumentation differs from one penetrating trauma to another.

brithater
01-27-2010, 04:26 PM
This thread is becoming a complex medical analysis, lol. It would be almost funny if it wasn't for the subject that is not funny at all. Hey Nole, you reading this? We at MTF will fix you up, no problem. You just need to practice yoga every day, take magnesium and glutamine before the matches, ingest more vitamines, stretch your muscles well, have a dietist and nutritionist with you at times, bla bla bla... I believe Nole knows exactly what his fitness problems are. His stomach was upset, end of the story. It can happen any time. I just wonder why it never happens to Fed. :scratch:
I hope Roger crushes Tsonga in the semis and then gets crushed by Murray. Liking the Scot more and more. He's going to end up soon in my signature.

LOL, thats because this is THE MENS TENNIS FORUMS and we know everything.

besides its better that....

Murray sucks.......No nadal sucks.......No Murrays a pusher....No Nadals a pusher......well your an asshole........no you are.........your just mad because nadal gave it to murray.........no he didnt...........yes he did........no Andy beat him...............no he didnt..........your mama.....whatever

FIVE PAGES LATER....

Murray sucks.......No nadal sucks.......No Murrays a pusher....No Nadals a pusher......well your an asshole........no you are.........your just mad because nadal gave it to murray.........no he didnt...........yes he did........no Andy beat him...............no he didnt..........your mama.....whatever

15 PAGES LATER.....

Its Groundhog Day with Bill Murray

tyruk14
01-27-2010, 04:28 PM
If Djokovic was as truly sick, props to him for finishing the match. But if he wants to win more majors and climb to number one, he's got to break these habits. Take the semi against Fed at the US Open last year; looking at the scores, the match was close, but watching the match, I always knew Fed was going to win.

Novak needs to bring some intensity to the court. He should be the next world numero uno. Not Murray. Not del Potro.

tangerine_dream
01-27-2010, 04:34 PM
Novak should have pulled a Murray and just barfed all over the court. It would've given him time to recover while the balkids cleaned it up, and the crowd would have been more sympathetic to him, and then Tsonga couldn't claim he was faking.

Henry Chinaski
01-27-2010, 04:41 PM
I think Brithaters panic attack theory is in the right ballpark. It's hard to believe he could be this unlucky. I'd say there's certainly a psychological element to his problems.

sawan66278
01-27-2010, 04:41 PM
Because he is starting to mature. I think. Also with Rafa I think his knees are a lot worse than he tells people. I think Rafa also Hates Andy Murray to his very core (and vice versa)and wanted to give Andy a big F#CK YOU. Will be a shame if Rafa can never fuuly recover because that match up would be a great Hate rivalry.

With the others....Bahgdatis threw in the towel. Safina was hurt bad. Koubek looked like he was about to die. Almagro was tough as nails and played hurt so he was good. Always remember anytime someone talks about how great womens tennis is.....

#1 Henin defaults the Ausie open Final with Tum Tum!!!

Actually, Rafa and Andy are good friends:

“I have known Rafa since I was 13 or 14 years old,” said Murray, whose elimination of the champion will go down in the record books as 6-3, 7-6, 3-0 retired. “I have always looked up to him. He’s my favourite player and I am gutted for him.” ...Andy after Rafa's retirement.

sawan66278
01-27-2010, 04:49 PM
One other point: while I certainly believe Jo's celebrations can be construed as going over the top (akin to what we see here in the NBA)...one thing is disturbing: the racial overtones of comparing his actions to those of a monkey or ape.

brithater
01-27-2010, 04:49 PM
I dont buy that friend crap. Knowing Andy its headgames. Andy looks up to Andy. When they are in the heat of the battle they want to kill each other. Its kinda like the older Roddick/ Hewitt encounters. Or the Nalbandian/ Hewitt encounters. Or the Chela/ Hewitt enconters. In fact all the old Hewitt encounters. Everyone hated Hewitt back then. I loved it.

Beat
01-27-2010, 04:50 PM

in a sea of dumb and useless posts on MTF, this takes the cake for being one of the most puerile and obnoxious posts in recent times. :help:

JWT, so well done! :D

Everko
01-27-2010, 04:52 PM
I dont buy that friend crap. Knowing Andy its headgames. Andy looks up to Andy. When they are in the heat of the battle they want to kill each other. Its kinda like the older Roddick/ Hewitt encounters. Or the Nalbandian/ Hewitt encounters. Or the Chela/ Hewitt enconters. In fact all the old Hewitt encounters. Everyone hated Hewitt back then. I loved it.

Agree. They are not friends at all. These pros are fighting for money and points.

brithater
01-27-2010, 04:53 PM
One other point: while I certainly believe Jo's celebrations can be construed as going over the top (akin to what we see here in the NBA)...one thing is disturbing: the racial overtones of comparing his actions to those of a monkey or ape.

Yes but it has nothing to do with being black. It has to do with the fact that his face looks like King Kong. If anything you could say its Ape discrimination. Besides the biggest racists are the people going around accusing everyone of being a racist. Its called projection.

Bascule
01-27-2010, 04:54 PM

Come on, you were the first one who said Novak was bumping his chest like a gorilla. But if someone says the same about Tsonga, he suddenly becomes a racist.:rolleyes:

dodo
01-27-2010, 04:56 PM
Novak should have pulled a Murray and just barfed all over the court. It would've given him time to recover while the balkids cleaned it up, and the crowd would have been more sympathetic to him, and then Tsonga couldn't claim he was faking.

I doubt he really though Djokovic was faking. What he meant by the comment was that last time Djokovic looked down and out (one of the clay masters, I think) he still managed to squeeze out a win despite being completely unable to serve. His English just sucks, pretty standard for a Frenchie.