Who can stop Federer from winning the Australian Open 2010? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Who can stop Federer from winning the Australian Open 2010?

whattheheck
01-27-2010, 09:46 AM
9-5 vs Djokovic, 2-3 in 2009, last match in Basel which Novak won
1-1 vs Tsonga
4-6 vs Murray, but won the last two times
1-0 vs Cilic, back in Paris 2008

madmax
01-27-2010, 09:49 AM
The obvious answer is NOBODY:bowdown: Slam Nr.16, here it comes

crude oil
01-27-2010, 09:49 AM
Andy Murray will win.

NYCtennisfan
01-27-2010, 09:56 AM
Every player left except for maybe Cilic. This is not the same Federer who is going to come out and outclass everyone, but rather grind it out, use his experience and patches of really good play.

latso
01-27-2010, 10:06 AM
Every player left except for maybe Cilic. This is not the same Federer who is going to come out and outclass everyone, but rather grind it out, use his experience and patches of really good play.
:eek:

after today's performance (and the one against Hewitt) i thought the mood will be exactly inverse - WOW Fed is back!

And it is the right one imo. Smashing the most inform player around in style was rather spectacular and i think no one could beat Roger right now.

Only obstacle could be Muzza but right now Roger is stronger, he's not making 50-50 in/out from BH and he's serving good, and, and..

When he is in such form, he is unbeatable in best of 5. That's what i think

NYCtennisfan
01-27-2010, 10:09 AM
:eek:

after today's performance (and the one against Hewitt) i thought the mood will be exactly inverse - WOW Fed is back!

And it is the right one imo. Smashing the most inform player around in style was rather spectacular and i think no one could beat Roger right now.

Only obstacle could be Muzza but right now Roger is stronger, he's not making 50-50 in/out from BH and he's serving good, and, and..

When he is in such form, he is unbeatable in best of 5. That's what i think

Oh, he very well could beat everyone left as well, but in the past, him beating everyone was a given with maybe one or two players giving him a little bit of worry; t's not quite so simple now.

munZe konZa
01-27-2010, 10:09 AM
he'll be sent home on friday

FedererBulgaria
01-27-2010, 10:11 AM
he'll be sent home on friday

Boy,cmon wake up and stop dreaming!:angel: Go Roger for the title!

munZe konZa
01-27-2010, 10:14 AM
Oh, he very well could beat everyone left as well, but in the past, him beating everyone was a given with maybe one or two players giving him a little bit of worry; t's not quite so simple now.

Federerer only won against weak players like Blake and Roddick, young Nadal saved the sport literally by bashing him many times and keeping him in check . Now that Nole has grown up and a few others, the party is over

NYCtennisfan
01-27-2010, 10:22 AM
Federerer only won against weak players like Blake and Roddick, young Nadal saved the sport literally by bashing him many times and keeping him in check . Now that Nole has grown up and a few others, the party is over

He beat Djokovic 4 times in slams. Do those count?

saniapower
01-27-2010, 11:55 AM
Murray

Art&Soul
01-27-2010, 12:06 PM

Yeah the Fakertroll iss back :retard:

Goldenoldie
01-27-2010, 12:44 PM
The question is "who can stop?", not "who will stop?"
Can stop - answer anybody who is left
Will stop - answer probably nobody

MuzzaMark
01-27-2010, 01:07 PM
Quick reality check for those saying Federer is in 'God mode' or whatever it is. Against Davydenko it was a strange match, almost like they swapped bodies midway through the second set. Anyway, it doesn't change the fact that he was battered for a set and a bit and Davy's failure to take the break point at 3-1* turned the match on its head. Everyone left in the draw, maybe apart from Djokovic, has more bottle than Davydenko to see that situation out. I'm not saying Davydenko beat himself, I'm not saying Federer wasn't great the last two and half sets - he was. But Davydenko contributed an awful lot. When he was playing his best tennis, Federer had no answer. Anyone who thinks Federer is playing like he did three years ago is wrong tbh.

On that note, I think he will win it. I'm pretty certain he'll make the final, I think Tsonga has more chance of beating him than Nole's all-round game does, for some reason. But if Murray has a good serving day and gets good length, Federer will be in trouble. Federer hates length. He loves the short balls Davy was feeding him third set. Murray must cut those out. If Cilic makes the final then yeah, only one winner. So my answer is Murray, and maybe Tsonga.

SetSampras
01-27-2010, 03:09 PM
No one since all thats left are mental clowns who will just self destruct at the sight of Fed or over one point like Davydenko showed us last night. Tsonga, Murray, or Cilic? None of these guys have what it takes to get it done.

Only one player has the ability to get it done both mentally and physically and thats Nadal. The rest don't

Logical
01-27-2010, 03:14 PM
Murray will checkmate this crier.

Persimmon
01-27-2010, 05:33 PM
No one, because Federer will win the tournament.

heya
01-27-2010, 07:44 PM
I'd rather watch Justine Henin.

Of course, after the charity exhibition match with Hewitt, Federer told the crowd that every player respects him even though he beat the apologetic clowns. It makes him sound dignified when stupid fans listen to him.

MalwareDie
01-27-2010, 07:54 PM
Murray has a shot.

dodo
01-27-2010, 08:31 PM
Yeah the Fakertroll iss back :retard:
not for long, back to hiding with him.

i dont particularly like watching nadal/murray/nole lose, but imagining the anguish of trolls like mad world, rafawonusopen, munze konza, logical, start da game, everko, etc is pretty sweet.

nelson's eye
01-27-2010, 08:57 PM
No one since all thats left are mental clowns who will just self destruct at the sight of Fed or over one point like Davydenko showed us last night. Tsonga, Murray, or Cilic? None of these guys have what it takes to get it done.

Only one player has the ability to get it done both mentally and physically and thats Nadal. The rest don't

It's pretty obvious who the mental clown is ... not a professional tennis player!

DorianGray7
01-27-2010, 09:04 PM
I think this will all come down to a 5 setter between Murray and Federer.

Cilic and Tsongas are clowns and they will fail.

However I think Federer has this one in the bag, Federer has figured Murray out ever since the 08 US Open

Persimmon
01-27-2010, 10:53 PM
I think this will all come down to a 5 setter between Murray and Federer.

Cilic and Tsongas are clowns and they will fail.

However I think Federer has this one in the bag, Federer has figured Murray out ever since the 08 US Open

Thing is Murray lost his last 2 encounters vs. Fed and that was BO3 where Murray is supposed to excell.

nelson's eye
01-27-2010, 11:20 PM
Thing is ... Murray removed Fed from his system at Paris 2008 .. with a a certain joy!
If Fed manages to grease past Tsonga (doubtful), Murray will deconstruct him with even more joy.
He owes the Fed one for the Swiss roll's dreadful behaviour in London past.
We'll all enjoy this ...

brithater
01-27-2010, 11:34 PM
I have watched almost all of the matches this tournament and have come to this conclusion of what will happen.

After four sets of nothing but service breaks the score will be 18-18 in the fifth set. It will be the highest quality of tennis ever witnessed. Both players will then have an anuerism and not be able too complete the match as they slip into comas. The trophy will then be given back to defending champion Rafeal Nadal who retires the next day and ends his tennis career never to play again.

Nobody wins this year. No fed, No Murray, No Tsonga, No cilic......nobody

That is the most logical conclusion given this tournament so far.

Noleta
01-28-2010, 12:11 AM
Murray is the only one who can stop him,but that will depend very much on Federer.

GugaF1
01-28-2010, 12:17 AM
Federer is in outside of the Matrix mode guys, I really don`t see it. Unless Murray plays the match of his life + counts that Federer is on a trip day.That if he pass by Cilic, which will be no gimme.

Tsonga is not much of a contest in my view. too much of a hit and miss and simplistic game style.

whattheheck
01-28-2010, 07:11 AM
It's about time that Murray wins a slam. If Tsonga manages to win one before him, I dunno what he would think.

NadalPhan
01-28-2010, 08:46 AM

Novak and Del Potro both beaat him in a grand slam, so they should count as well.....they're just not on Federer's level of tennis, that's all. Nadal and Murray imo (when 100% healthy) are the only players on the same level as Federer. What seperates Nadal and Murray is that Nadal doesn't give up when things aren't going his way.....Murray does. In other words, Murray doubts himself when things aren't going his way early in matches. If Murray proves he has the mental ability to get it done, then he is more than capable of beating Federer. Hopefully he proves me wrong.

Commander Data
01-28-2010, 10:02 AM
not for long, back to hiding with him.

i dont particularly like watching nadal/murray/nole lose, but imagining the anguish of trolls like mad world, rafawonusopen, munze konza, logical, start da game, everko, etc is pretty sweet.

Gotta agree. If I would hang around here too much, I would start to hate Nadal due to his clow armada that fights with fanatic stupidity for the sinking el matador flagship.

Logical being the most bitter of them. One can only wish the guy a good therapist to cure his paranoid Federer-Fixation.

tennisace
01-28-2010, 01:36 PM
Go Andy, you can beat Fed easily

Nolby
01-28-2010, 01:40 PM
This was created for that purpose:

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/sp/getty/61/fullj.4ed4b9292cde12af5de0bea4034a0ee1/4ed4b9292cde12af5de0bea4034a0ee1-getty-96007622mb339_2010_australi.jpg