Why is Moya such a loser? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Why is Moya such a loser?

Bebka
09-04-2004, 06:39 PM
Carlos Moya has so much potential and he is always doing well until he has to close things out. His match against Rochus he was up atleast a break in each set and now hes down two. When ever he has set points, or match points he always double fualts. He works really hard to get up in a match and then totally wastes his chances. I love his game but its hard to respect him, especially after that totally embarassing loss to Fish at the Olympics. Does he have a weak stomache or what?

liptea
09-04-2004, 07:34 PM
I love his game but its hard to respect him, especially after that totally embarassing loss to Fish at the Olympics. Does he have a weak stomache or what?

What loss to Fish at the Olympics?

Tennis Fool
09-04-2004, 07:38 PM
Moya is playing like ass here, losing to the howling midget.

Eruwen
09-04-2004, 07:45 PM
Although I agree with you that he can do better and is having problems closing out matches and sets.... I think he is suffering from a slight cold this week. He's been coughing all week. I know that's not an excuse, but it does make things harder ;)

Frooty_Bazooty
09-04-2004, 07:46 PM
Ferrero lost to Fish at the Olympics, not Moya

Moya 15-30 down at 5-6 in the 5th :unsure:

Frooty_Bazooty
09-04-2004, 07:47 PM
2 mps...

TheBoiledEgg
09-04-2004, 07:48 PM
he just lost his 3982493th 5 set match in last 4 yrs or so in a slam

Marc Rosset is Tall
09-04-2004, 07:48 PM
He's out of the tournament, another fine US Open performance by Moya.

TheBoiledEgg
09-04-2004, 07:49 PM
Carlos u waste of space :rolleyes:

go Ollie now, the giant slayer

dylan24
09-04-2004, 07:50 PM
moya is a gutless pussy.
cost me plenty of money this year.
thanks for nothing carlos you gutless wonder

Tennis Fool
09-04-2004, 07:50 PM
You'd thought Oli won the tournament, sitting in his chair close to tears. I guess I would too if I'd only one a set in the previous four US Opens.

Deboogle!.
09-04-2004, 07:52 PM
OLLIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

:yippee: :aparty: :woohoo:

What heart! As the CBS commentators said, the better competitor won today. Who knows why Carlos is such a :retard: but it would be a HUGE disservice to Ollie's fight and heart to take any credit from him for this incredible win.

superpinkone37
09-04-2004, 07:55 PM
awww i wasnt too happy watching moya play today, i have always liked watching him and he was just not getting the job done today. but ollie!!! i have recently begun to like watching him as well. and i am actually kinda glad that ollie won...i started cheering for him after the third set. :woohoo:

Noodles
09-04-2004, 07:56 PM
Moya is playing like ass here, losing to the howling midget.
And you're an ass yourself, a big one :D

That's for suckers like you who never give any credit to enormously talented players who have to work 5 times as much to win a match.

Noodles
09-04-2004, 07:57 PM
You'd thought Oli won the tournament, sitting in his chair close to tears. I guess I would too if I'd only one a set in the previous four US Opens.
Ow how bitter, how sad a person you are :kiss:

Tennis Fool
09-04-2004, 08:04 PM
Thanks for that two-post reply :hatoff: :hatoff:

HybridTheory
09-04-2004, 08:22 PM
Carlos :sad:

Iheartandy&roger
09-04-2004, 08:29 PM
I'm shocked that Moya lost today cuz he could have put this match away several times but meh just wasn't his day to win. :sad:

Eruwen
09-04-2004, 08:41 PM
moya is a gutless pussy.
cost me plenty of money this year.
thanks for nothing carlos you gutless wonder And of course, you can do so much better! :rolleyes: You know, it's so easy to give comments from the sideline!

TheBoiledEgg
09-04-2004, 08:48 PM
all u got to do is take it into a 5th set vs Carlos
and he loses :help:

just check back who he's lost to in last few yrs......... just shocking

star
09-04-2004, 08:52 PM
Oli!!!!

I mean Carlos is a great guy and everything, but I :inlove: Oli!!

I hope everyone who watched today now understands why I watch every match I can where Oli is playing. I love his game and his heart and his desire.

Hantuchov
09-04-2004, 08:55 PM
Carlos :rolleyes:

Really unexpected :( :( :(

Red~Ruby
09-04-2004, 09:10 PM
As sad as I amthat Moya lost, I must say congratualtions to Oliver for fighting with so much heart!

Moya as seeming sick from his last match, and that can make you feel very uncomfortable especially in the heat.
But I think Moya definately a fear of closing out matches, like he always double falults, remember against Roddick in Miami.

But what respect I have for Moya, such a classy character he is, after losing a 5 set match on a double fault, he was so kind and gracious at the net with Oliver.....I guess that is why he was nominated for ATP Sportmanship award! :)

Moya you will get your happy day soon, it will come around!

Thierry's_girl
09-04-2004, 09:12 PM
Moya :sad: Im soo upset!! I think he played appaulingly and Oli played amazingly. so Oli won. he played so great shots :D!
Had Moya been 85% or more ithink he would have won but he has a cold and had a nightmare on the forehand so he didnt and it just wasnt his day.

Oli did great thouh and i really hope he or johansson comes out this quarter instead of tim :mad:

saskia_kane
09-04-2004, 09:25 PM
Carlos isn't a loser... He just hasn't his day today... that can happen!

Snoopy_Girl
09-04-2004, 09:30 PM
And Ollie was just good today, not perfect, but good.. shit happens for Moya.. I'm not too sad, like Ollie better anyway :). Stil, before the match I would've expected Moya to advance...

Bebka
09-04-2004, 10:12 PM
OOPSIE, yes I'm sorry I confused Moya and Juan Carlos a bit about the Olympics. Probably because Juan Carlos has also been a bit of a loser lately, but hes been injured so well forgive him :angel: for now...

ae wowww
09-04-2004, 10:45 PM
both ferrero and moya have not had a great time at this Open... that's too bad... it doesnt make them losers. well played guys - and even bigger congrats to the guys that beat them. you dont have to look at the negs of the defeated, can look at the positives of the champs, right?

Eruwen
09-04-2004, 10:57 PM
both ferrero and moya have not had a great time at this Open... that's too bad... it doesnt make them losers. well played guys - and even bigger congrats to the guys that beat them. you dont have to look at the negs of the defeated, can look at the positives of the champs, right? Amen to that! Tennis players are only human too... Yes, they are :lol:

star
09-04-2004, 11:00 PM
:)

I agree. Losing doesn't make someone a loser. :)

jole
09-04-2004, 11:24 PM
Going into the tournament Moya told McEnroe he wasn't at the tournament to win, on the other hand Rochus was fighting like a fiend.

superpinkone37
09-04-2004, 11:36 PM
Going into the tournament Moya told McEnroe he wasn't at the tournament to win, on the other hand Rochus was fighting like a fiend.

yep, and in a match like that where it is down to the fifth set, the person who has the most heart is gonna win.

Crazy_Fool
09-05-2004, 12:30 AM
I was disappointed with Moya, his draw up til the QF was just so easy can't believe he let this chance slip him by :fiery:

Congrats to Oli, but Moya is just has not got it when it comes to the crunch. Shame, because the talent he has is amazing.

Crazy_Fool
09-05-2004, 12:33 AM
Well thats pretty poor for a player ranked 4 in the world :mad:

Maybe if he showed some ambition, he might get further in slams.

Red~Ruby
09-05-2004, 01:11 AM
I was disappointed with Moya, his draw up til the QF was just so easy can't believe he let this chance slip him by :fiery:

Congrats to Oli, but Moya is just has not got it when it comes to the crunch. Shame, because the talent he has is amazing.

Yah man, Moya had the easiest draw from all the 4 quarters!
Too bad really.

nando
09-05-2004, 05:13 AM
he always disappoints when it comes to grandslams, i'm not going to have high expectations next time around.

Kristen
09-05-2004, 05:15 AM
God forbid we could give Rochus some credit. There are two people in a match. Carlos didn't just lose this on his own, Oli can come out firing when he wants to.

:bs: Interesting thread :bs:

lizabeth..*
09-05-2004, 05:39 AM

Actually he said he came into the tournament not expecting to win that's completely different to saying he wasn't there to win it.

:sad:

It's too bad about the loss....I like Ollie too so it's a great win for the munchkin...he can be really dangerous when he wants...sometimes I think he doesn't get the respect he deserves!!

lizabeth..*
09-05-2004, 05:40 AM
he always disappoints when it comes to grandslams, i'm not going to have high expectations next time around.

I don't think that would have been the case in Melbourne this year at all...it's too bad he had to get injured in Sydney!!

saskia_kane
09-05-2004, 10:19 AM
I think, the perosn who made this topic, is just a person who doesn't like Carlos...
(how can you not like Carlos?? Big Question to me!)

Ferrero Forever
09-05-2004, 10:22 AM
Ferrero lost to Fish at the Olympics, not Moya

Moya 15-30 down at 5-6 in the 5th :unsure:

oh don't remind me please, still getting over that loss

Eruwen
09-05-2004, 10:58 AM
Gosh me too, I'm still pretty depressed about it... *sigh*

*Ljubica*
09-05-2004, 12:22 PM
But what respect I have for Moya, such a classy character he is, after losing a 5 set match on a double fault, he was so kind and gracious at the net with Oliver.....I guess that is why he was nominated for ATP Sportmanship award! :)

Moya you will get your happy day soon, it will come around!

That is so true :worship: There are many players out there today (and yes I do include "my" David who had some appalling temper tantrums in his 5-set loss to Youzhny :sad: ), who could learn from Moya's attitude. Being a sportsman is about more than just winning - Carlos showed class out there last night - I always liked him but he has gone up very highly in my estimation as a result :) Rochus played well and never gave up - good luck to him for the rest of the tournament - his joy at winning was wonderful to see. But in my opinion, Moya's behaviour and grace in defeat made him even more a winner to me :)

Layla
09-05-2004, 12:33 PM
Indeed. I have nothing but respect for Moya. His behavior is examplary. :) Sure, his frequent inability to close out sets and matches infuriates me sometimes, he's not making life easy for himself and his fans (me), but that in no way warrants a "loser" tag IMO. It's commendable that after losing in such a horrible fashion, he can still be gracious in defeat. :worship:

Lalitha
09-05-2004, 12:48 PM
he just lost his 3982493th 5 set match in last 4 yrs or so in a slam

Could'nt have said better TBE. I was a bit disappointed with him. 50+ unforced errors, his forehand was wayward - I wonder what happend to him last evening.

Lalitha
09-05-2004, 01:05 PM
both ferrero and moya have not had a great time at this Open... that's too bad... it doesnt make them losers. well played guys - and even bigger congrats to the guys that beat them. you dont have to look at the negs of the defeated, can look at the positives of the champs, right?

Yes, we cannot say that they are losers, but it is like they lose more than win in these situations.

liptea
09-05-2004, 08:30 PM
Nice thread Bebka...

Why is a three-time Masters Series winner, a Grand Slam Champion and former world number one such a loser?

Eruwen
09-05-2004, 08:56 PM
Exactly!

If your definition of a 'loser' is a person who loses a match... then all the players on tour are losers! Cause there's just no way that one can win every single match... But who am I, right?

lizabeth..*
09-06-2004, 03:15 AM
Nice thread Bebka...

Why is a three-time Masters Series winner, a Grand Slam Champion and former world number one such a loser?

Amen. :worship:

Space Cowgirl
09-06-2004, 11:26 AM
That is so true :worship: There are many players out there today (and yes I do include "my" David who had some appalling temper tantrums in his 5-set loss to Youzhny :sad: ), who could learn from Moya's attitude. Being a sportsman is about more than just winning - Carlos showed class out there last night - I always liked him but he has gone up very highly in my estimation as a result :) Rochus played well and never gave up - good luck to him for the rest of the tournament - his joy at winning was wonderful to see. But in my opinion, Moya's behaviour and grace in defeat made him even more a winner to me :)

Excellent post, Rosie! I agree 100%