Our boy In with a Spectacular Chance in Melbourne [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Our boy In with a Spectacular Chance in Melbourne

petergor
01-26-2010, 02:14 PM
Just realised that since Nadal is now out of the Australian, Nole will automatically take Number 2 spot in the World Rankings no matter what happens :) . This set me thinking - If Federer doesn't get to the semis and then Nole gets to the finals and WINS, then this puts him at the number ONE spot in the rankings. I'm not 100% sure (not being a statistician !) but I think I'm right in this...

I believe Nole can do it if he stays calm and retains his current form... GO NOLE , GO,,,, all your fans are 100 percent behind you and you really deserve this chance.

:worship::worship:

Nolby
01-26-2010, 03:11 PM
Just realised that since Nadal is now out of the Australian, Nole will automatically take Number 2 spot in the World Rankings no matter what happens :) . This set me thinking - If Federer doesn't get to the semis and then Nole gets to the finals and WINS, then this puts him at the number ONE spot in the rankings. I'm not 100% sure (not being a statistician !) but I think I'm right in this...

I believe Nole can do it if he stays calm and retains his current form... GO NOLE , GO,,,, all your fans are 100 percent behind you and you really deserve this chance.

So is Nole #2 now? Not quite yet.

He has already matched last year's result so he won't lose any points. Rafa did just lose 1640 pts. However, Murray has already gained 540 points as he went out in the 4th Round last year. I guess Nole has to win the next match against Tsonga to completely secure the #2 spot as Murray could still take it if he wins the whole thing.

Anyway, Nole is now ranked ahead of Rafa for the first time in his career. :banana:That is EXTREMELY significant!! :aparty: :bounce::woohoo:
http://www.worldtennismagazine.com/archives/1499?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=is-murray-posed-to-breakthrough-down-under

"As a result of the loss, Nadal, the defending Australian Open champion, will lose his No. 2 ranking."

Just keep winning, Nole! :armed:

Rank Player
---- ------ --- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- --
1 Federer, Rog SUI 10550
2 Nadal, Rafael ESP 9310
3 Djokovic, Nole SRB 8310
4 Murray, Andy GBR 6780
5 Del Pony, JM ARG 6580
6 Denko, Kolya RUS 4930

carlhiro
01-26-2010, 05:10 PM

Yes, I have read the posts of the Ranking Gods in the General Discussion.

Kolya has to beat Fed, and Nole has to win it all to get #1. To get #2, as Nolby have said, Nole needs to win the match against Tsonga, otherwise the fate of his #2-ship lies in the hands of Andy Murray.

Noleta
01-26-2010, 10:07 PM
Man,i'm gonna start believing in jinxs if he wasn't to take the no 2 spot:sobbing:He had 4 chances so far,failed each time:scared:

shuhrat
01-27-2010, 01:42 AM
So Djokovic is 1 match away from a guaranteed #2 ranking.

I could swear we've been here before.
http://boingboing.net/images/gopher-look.gif

Stole it from TW forum. I laughed so hard yesterday. :lol:

Nolby
01-27-2010, 02:27 AM
So Djokovic is 1 match away from a guaranteed #2 ranking.

I could swear we've been here before.

http://boingboing.net/images/gopher-look.gif

Stole it from TW forum. I laughed so hard yesterday. :lol:

:haha: :haha:

I remember those other times. You could also look at it this way. In every single one of those instances it was about passing Rafa or Fed for #2. He never passed either of them. He has already passed Rafa, so one of the jinxes is already over.

The other part is that Nole may already have the #2 regardless. Murray is not guaranteed to win the Australian Open. This situation is completely different.

shuhrat
01-27-2010, 02:46 AM
Yeah, I hope Nole doesn't pay attention to rankings but tries to perform his best tennis tonight. And I believe he will do because he really wants to do well in grand slams and knows how important it is for him. ;)

carlhiro
01-28-2010, 03:30 AM
I hate that we have to wait for someone (Murray) to lose to get Nole into the #2 spot.

B.Bojan
01-28-2010, 04:35 PM
Well, if my calculations are right, he'll get no.2 if Murray doesn't defend Rotterdam (he's not on the entry list). So, either Murray loses in the final and Nole gets it, or we'll have to wait until Feb 15th. Either way, YOU CAN'T ESCAPE IT NOLE :lol:

Nolby
01-28-2010, 04:46 PM
Well, if my calculations are right, he'll get no.2 if Murray doesn't defend Rotterdam (he's not on the entry list). So, either Murray loses in the final and Nole gets it, or we'll have to wait until Feb 15th. Either way, YOU CAN'T ESCAPE IT NOLE :lol:

Your calculations are right. Nole will be #2 whether he likes it or not!!! :bounce::banana::woohoo:

Plus, he will have a chance to add more points to his lead at Rotterdam. Since a sour stomach is obviously not going to last, things look much better than they appeared.

*Ljubica*
01-28-2010, 05:11 PM
Maybe Murray will upset all the calculations by accepting a WIld Card into Rotterdam? :help: After all - he is defending Champion, and they'll want a big name there to replace Nadal :shrug:

carlhiro
01-28-2010, 05:32 PM
^

That might spoil it. :haha:

Iluzionista
01-28-2010, 08:37 PM
I don't think so. Yes, he's crazy but, he's scheduled to play Marseille and Dubai... Even he's not that crazy. Right? :help:

*Ljubica*
01-28-2010, 08:45 PM
I don't think so. Yes, he's crazy but, he's scheduled to play Marseille and Dubai... Even he's not that crazy. Right? :help:

:lol: Hope you're right :D

Iluzionista
01-28-2010, 08:47 PM
^ I think the safest thing is that Murray doesn't win AO? Agreed?

I mean, God really owes us! :spit: I mean him :lol:

Nolby
01-28-2010, 08:53 PM

If Murray exhausts himself in his efforts to fill up his lost ATP500 events, he won't be ready to peak for Indian Hills and Miami. Marseille is an ATP250 too. Maybe he would pull out of Marseille and take a WC to Rotterdam? :shrug:

Murray has some big reasons to make sure he peaks during the 1000 Masters events at Indian Hills and Miami:

Nole Ranking breakdown:
http://www.atpworldtour.com/Tennis/Players/Top-Players/Novak-Djokovic.aspx?t=rb

Muzza Ranking breakdown:
http://www.atpworldtour.com/Tennis/Players/Top-Players/Andy-Murray.aspx?t=rb

-Muzza defends 1600 pts for Indian Wells and Miami (dropping off)
-Nole defends only 780 pts for same two Masters (dropping off)

If Nole and Muzza did exactly the same in both events (e.g. both lost in SFs, for example), Nole would gain the difference.

Muzza has to defend a Win in Miami and a Final in Indian Hills. He is under big pressure at that time just to tread water. Odds are he loses points after the two Masters. Nole is defending a Quarterfinal (sub-par in a Masters for him) and a Final.

*Ljubica*
01-28-2010, 08:55 PM
^ I think the safest thing is that Murray doesn't win AO? Agreed?

I mean, God really owes us! :spit: I mean him :lol:

This is where I say think yourself VERY lucky you do not live in the UK right now :tape: The media here is just so over-the-top it drives me crazy :tape: I may have to watch the final on some foreign language livestream so i don't have to hear our commentators' continual grovelling.

Maybe he would pull out of Marseille and take a WC to Rotterdam? :shrug:

I'm pretty sure that's not allowed under the ATP rules. If you're committed to a tournament you can't then pull out of it just to go to another, higher-paid, bigger tournament. It's to protrect the smaller tournaments (Challengers and 250 events) and I can see the point.

Iluzionista
01-28-2010, 09:09 PM
^ + He probably got some money to play in Marseille... And I really hope he's not that big jerk.

@Ljubica: you poor thing.. I didn't know you live there. I'm concerned how am I gonna take the Murrauy-mania over the internet and you live over there. My condolences. :lol:

Nolby
01-28-2010, 09:11 PM
This is where I say think yourself VERY lucky you do not live in the UK right now :tape: The media here is just so over-the-top it drives me crazy :tape: I may have to watch the final on some foreign language livestream so i don't have to hear our commentators' continual grovelling.

I'm pretty sure that's not allowed under the ATP rules. If you're committed to a tournament you can't then pull out of it just to go to another, higher-paid, bigger tournament. It's to protrect the smaller tournaments (Challengers and 250 events) and I can see the point.
You can just say your injured, right? Anyway, I think there is no way we can figure this out. :confused: The more scenarios I come up with, the more confusing it gets. :lol: As of right now (today), Nole is scheduled to get that #2 and build on it regardless of how Muzza does in the Final. He has a major advantage over Muzza at the Masters coming up too.

Murray is not likely to pull a stunt to grab quick pts to maintain his #2 ranking anyway. It is something completely out of his personality. Were talking about the dude that skipped Beijing last year and allowed Del Pony to get a 5 pt lead and thus a higher seeding going into the AO simply by not entering any events before it. He could have shown up at any of the ATP250s and gotten the 10 pts for the appearance to maintain his #4 seed. He did the Hopman Cup instead.

Very doubtful Muzza pulls a stunt. One reason why I like him is that he doesn't play politics the way some other players do.

*Ljubica*
01-28-2010, 09:14 PM
^ + He probably got some money to play in Marseille... And I really hope he's not that big jerk.

@Ljubica: you poor thing.. I didn't know you live there. I'm concerned how am I gonna take the Murrauy-mania over the internet and you live over there. My condolences. :lol:

Thanks :hug: And yes - I live here. The flag always confuses people, but I'm most definately here in the heart of MurrayMania land. His photo stares at me from billboards and from the front of newspapers, and I hear his voice on every radio/TV programme I tune in to. I think I may need medication by the end of this AO.:unsure:

Iluzionista
01-28-2010, 09:19 PM
Thanks :hug: And yes - I live here. The flag always confuses people, but I'm most definately here in the heart of MurrayMania land. His photo stares at me from billboards and from the front of newspapers, and I hear his voice on every radio/TV programme I tune in to. I think I may need medication by the end of this AO.:unsure:

:hug: It really sucks, but you know what, there are some benefits of living there, right? I've been into UK for a while now... I've watched the whole season of X factor, my fav artist is Leona, I'm in love with Cheryl Cole and so on :lol: Ya know... it'll calm down hopefully.

As for Nole... I don't know, if something stops him of getting no.2, I'm not sure what I'm going to do. It's just not fair. I just hope I wont spill ink on the wall like I did when Nole lost to Nadal in Madrid... I broke a pen and the ink got on the wall :lol: Uhm, yeah... this post is getting looooong :lol:

*Ljubica*
01-28-2010, 09:25 PM
:hug: It really sucks, but you know what, there are some benefits of living there, right? I've been into UK for a while now... I've watched the whole season of X factor, my fav artist is Leona, I'm in love with Cheryl Cole and so on :lol: Ya know... it'll calm down hopefully.

As for Nole... I don't know, if something stops him of getting no.2, I'm not sure what I'm going to do. It's just not fair. I just hope I wont spill ink on the wall like I did when Nole lost to Nadal in Madrid... I broke a pen and the ink got on the wall :lol: Uhm, yeah... this post is getting looooong :lol:

Can't say I'm in love with Cheryl - she's really not my type :o And the best thing about the X factor was Jedward :o But guess the UK does have some good points - our lovely weather for a start :tape: So are you still here now? Or did you manage to escape our snow and foul weather over the past month or so?

And please don't remind me of that Madrid match - I actually cried when he lost that :sad: Yes - real tears from a grown woman over a tennis match - shameful to admit isn't it? :o

Iluzionista
01-28-2010, 09:28 PM
:lol: Well, it happens... He won't play it for his whole life, and we'll remember this one day and laugh... At least my walls will remember that match. Until I repaint the room :lol:

*Ljubica*
01-28-2010, 09:29 PM
:lol: Well, it happens... He won't play it for his whole life, and we'll remember this one day and laugh... At least my walls will remember that match. Until I repaint the room :lol:

You could always keep them with the ink stain as a kind of reminder. So one day when he wins the Golden Slam :tape: you can look back on it and laugh!

Amber Spyglass
01-28-2010, 09:48 PM

That's what I like about Novak,tough losses really hurt him emotionally and end up making you want to cry too.Experts are always slagging Nole for showing his emotions on court with "that's not what champions do" but as a fan I find a bit of vulnerability appealing without stepping over that fine line to "headcase" :tape:

*Ljubica*
01-28-2010, 09:51 PM
That's what I like about Novak,tough losses really hurt him emotionally and end up making you want to cry too.Experts are always slagging Nole for showing his emotions on court with "that's not what champions do" but as a fan I find a bit of vulnerability appealing without stepping over that fine line to "headcase" :tape:

Yes - me too - mind you I do have a history of supporting headcases since I discovered tennis :o From Goran Ivanisevic through Dmitry Tursunov - I've never supported the Number 1 players who took the easy route :o Maybe the vulnerability appears to me too?

Noleta
01-28-2010, 09:59 PM
Hillarious posts:rolls::lol:

*Ljubica*
01-28-2010, 10:52 PM
Hillarious posts:rolls::lol:

We aim to please :p

Noleta
01-28-2010, 10:52 PM
We aim to please :p

:hatoff:

Iluzionista
01-28-2010, 10:54 PM
Me, I'm just crazy (in a real way) :cuckoo:

:spit:

Noleta
01-28-2010, 10:55 PM
Me, I'm just crazy (in a real way) :cuckoo:

:spit:

Me too:shrug:

Iluzionista
01-28-2010, 10:55 PM
I see I came to the right place :cool:

Noleta
01-28-2010, 10:57 PM

Oh sure you did:D

Amber Spyglass
01-28-2010, 10:58 PM

I love your siggy Iluzionista,"On trial..":lol:

Iluzionista
01-28-2010, 10:58 PM
However, I hope this section doesn't have any strict moderators :unsure:
We spammed (is that even a word) a lot, haven't we?

Amber Spyglass
01-28-2010, 11:02 PM

You can spam till your hearts content on MTF,I can't see Jess reprimanding you,best mod ever :worship: :yeah:

*Ljubica*
01-28-2010, 11:03 PM

The only rule of this Forum seems to be that every thread in Nole's Forum becomes a Chat Thread sooner or later. We talk a lot :o So - really - no worries :kiss:

Anyway - I got up at 5,30am today and was at work all day, so I'm really tired now and need to go to bed. Been nice meeting you Bojan - laku noc :kiss:

Noleta - see you tomorrow too :kiss:

Noleta
01-28-2010, 11:04 PM

You should read through every thread:oIt's something that happen everytime,thank god our modarators are so tolerant:worship:

Iluzionista
01-28-2010, 11:06 PM
Good night Rooose :hug: :kiss:
Omg, this looks like a perfect team for me. :bounce:

/me happy

Noleta
01-28-2010, 11:08 PM
:wavey:Rose.