ITS habibko - The Offices of Dr. Habib, Tard Psychologist [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

ITS habibko - The Offices of Dr. Habib, Tard Psychologist

Harmless
01-25-2010, 08:28 PM
Vamos Habib. :p

1. You recently visited Europe. What were your impressions of the countries you visited, one by one?
2. What was the most beautiful place you've ever been to?
3. Name something that you think you're really good at, but that your family and friends don't necessarily see the same way. :D
4. How are the Crusades approached in Arabic history education?
5. What's the current hot topic, politically, where you live right now?
6. Would you ever move to live out of your home country?
7. If you could live in Japan for one year exactly, where would you live?
8. What was the easiest foreign language for you to learn, as a native Arabic speaker?
9. What was the longest route you've ever walked?
10. How are you going to view tennis when Roger retires? :bigcry: (In 2020. :))

Certinfy
01-25-2010, 09:03 PM
Haha great idea :yeah:

1. Besides Federer, who do u wanna win the AO?
2. What's the best thing that has ever happened to u?
3. If u could date anyone, who would it be?
4. What's ur fave video game console?
5. If the world was to end in 24 hours, what things would u do?
6. What's the funniest thing you've ever done?

Har-Tru
01-25-2010, 09:21 PM
1- Did you feed your camel already?

habibko
01-25-2010, 09:33 PM
Vamos Habib.

lol Maya go easy on me! :scared: remember you got a SL thread open so I can always get you back and torture you in your thread :devil:

here we go!

1. You recently visited Europe. What were your impressions of the countries you visited, one by one?

France: it was my 2nd visit after last year, and my impressions haven't changed much, very unfriendly country for a non-French speaking person, I mean I'm in Paris in a metro information center and I have a hard time finding someone who talks half-decent English, and it happens almost every single time I try to speak to anyone, be it a restaurant, info center, train tickets, whatever it is, and this is PARIS FFS, given how much tourism the country gets they should at least be more tourist-friendy, we are not asking for much, English is the de facto language of the world wheather you like it or not, so deal with your snobbery and make life easier on us, we already went the distance and learnd English as a 2nd language!!!! :mad:

Germany: first time being here, and only seen Cologne, the moment I stepped with my left leg out of the train and right as I'm carrying my huge bag out of the train door, two guys passionately and lustfully French kissing right in front of the door on the plateform, such a cliche start for the capital of gays :lol: given it was the first time I see this scene live in front of my eyes regardless of my frequent travels, this scene has been carved into my brain as you can see :o oh and German girls are MUCH more beautiful on the average than French girls! this came as a big surprise for me since I imagined it way differently, so many stunning girls everywhere you look! the only face I remember from Paris was a girl I saw next to a family of mine's residence and as I asked about her it turned out she is Saudi with Lebanese blood :rolls: :hearts: so yeah it was a surprise since what I had in mind for German girls was freaky tall girls with man-like face and features :unsure: so this was a big yet pleasant surprise :inlove:

Switzerland: I wish I could have seen more than just Geneva but time wasn't my friend there, such a peaceful calm country, everyone is super friendly and SPEAK PROPER ENGLISH!!!! even the guy in the little ticket booth on Lake Geneva spoke better English that the best accent I could hear in France, and yes he was 100% Swiss I asked him, shameful stuff for the Frenchies...

OMG if I'm gonna answer every question like this I'll never finish :speakles: gonna try to give shorter ones from now on -____-

2. What was the most beautiful place you've ever been to?

*takes his time thinking*

hard question to answer, recently Lake Geneva was fab on the day, I love clouds and love to see water in cloudy days so it was amazing experience being there, but I'll go with Hakone the beautiful town in Kanagawa Prefecture, Japan, the greeny mountains, the active volcanic spots you see while riding the ropeway, the hot springs and the view of Mt. Fuji in Lake Ashi, add to that the beautiful rain it poured there, not too heavy to annoy not too light to omit, heavenly place :worship:

3. Name something that you think you're really good at, but that your family and friends don't necessarily see the same way.

lol I guess you have an idea about that one, but I'd go with photography, although I don't necessarily think I'm "really" good at it, I think I have a good sense of what a good picture consists of, I never took any courses or even read any books or articles on it, but I go with my own sense and instincts and I like the outcomes most of the time, however no one appreciates it around me :sad: mainly because my sister is really talented in this sense, I mean she sold some of her drawings for $5,000 each, so she is thought of as the artist of the family, taking all the limelight from poor me :tears:

4. How are the Crusades approached in Arabic history education?

good question! I can't answer this from an Arabic point of view, that's way too generalized and I have no idea, but I can speak about the Saudi eductation, it's approached with extreme condemnation and as a despicable act of assault on Muslims's holy lands, and to show the difference between the Muslim "rightful" or moral wars in contrast to the barbarian ways of the Crusades, therefore the term Crusaders is taken very negatively and it's usually the way AlQaeda and Bin Laden addresses the Christian Western world which summons hostile and negative feelings in the subconscious of Arabs and Muslims in general, there is naturally alot of emphasize on the Arab victories in these wars and the heroics of Saladin and the decisive Battle of Hattin.

not sure if that's the answer you wanted, you can be more specific if it's too general an answer :o

5. What's the current hot topic, politically, where you live right now?

locally it's still about the Jeddah floods (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_Jeddah_floods), on the national level Saudia is involved in the Yemeni civil war (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Scorched_Earth) now after attacks on it's border and after Houthis took control of small regions inside the borders, and the tense is further increasing between Iran and Saudia these days, and between Sunna and Shiia in general, same old same old, fucked up region -____-

6. Would you ever move to live out of your home country?

I'd love to!! I would take any chance to settle in Europe one day, and my family already knows that :p

7. If you could live in Japan for one year exactly, where would you live?

I'll go with the safe Tokyo, there is everything there and I can always go around and visit other beautiful places!

8. What was the easiest foreign language for you to learn, as a native Arabic speaker?

English I suppose, easy to practice it everywhere and it's taught as the 2nd langauge in school, even though it's completely differnt from a linguistic point of view.

9. What was the longest route you've ever walked?

hmmmm I've walked ALOT in my teenage years, probably one of the desert hikes we took with friends to a nearby desert in Makkah, usually lasting from early morning to night, we ran into wolves in one of them :eek: :tape:

10. How are you going to view tennis when Roger retires? (In 2020.)

lol he won't play that long :sad: I'll get more busy pursuing my medical career I suppose so I won't watch it as much as I do now, so it's all for the best, I'm thankful I've had the time to watch him when he was in his peak years :hearts: :worship:

habibko
01-25-2010, 09:52 PM
1. Besides Federer, who do u wanna win the AO?

if Davydenko managed to beat him, I'll cheer for him to go all the way, but it's extremely doubtful, on the other side of the draw I'll cheer for Roddick to go all the way :yeah: :rocker: hopefully we get another Fed vs. Roddick final :rocker2:

2. What's the best thing that has ever happened to u?

falling in love, incidentally it's also the worst thing that happened to me.

3. If u could date anyone, who would it be?

Alizee! but she is taken now :sobbing:

4. What's ur fave video game console?

PS2, followed closely by PS1, my best gaming days were with those two consoles :worship:

5. If the world was to end in 24 hours, what things would u do?

stay with my family, pray more, why the gloomy questions? -____-

6. What's the funniest thing you've ever done?

as in a prank? alot of those in school days :lol: can't think of anything specific now :unsure:

habibko
01-25-2010, 09:56 PM

I was singing ♫ ♪ Hosayyy is gaaaaay ♪ ♫ and he got an erection, is this a good sign?

Harmless
01-25-2010, 10:02 PM
Great answers, Habib. :) I'll be back tomorrow to talk some more, so yall get ready. :dance:

omg :spit: :rolls:

Certinfy
01-25-2010, 10:11 PM
Habib :haha: :haha:

Harmless
01-26-2010, 03:11 PM
lol Maya go easy on me! remember you got a SL thread open so I can always get you back and torture you in your thread

Why you would ever feel the need to warn me in such a way is beyond me, I'm sure. :angel: :p

France: it was my 2nd visit after last year, and my impressions haven't changed much, very unfriendly country for a non-French speaking person, I mean I'm in Paris in a metro information center and I have a hard time finding someone who talks half-decent English, and it happens almost every single time I try to speak to anyone, be it a restaurant, info center, train tickets, whatever it is, and this is PARIS FFS, given how much tourism the country gets they should at least be more tourist-friendy, we are not asking for much, English is the de facto language of the world wheather you like it or not, so deal with your snobbery and make life easier on us, we already went the distance and learnd English as a 2nd language!!!! Yeah, I know... Their English accent is probably the worst I've ever heard. And if you don't speak French, you might as well not cross the border in the first place.
France would be such a great country...if only they didn't speak French. :lol:

Germany: first time being here, and only seen Cologne, the moment I stepped with my left leg out of the train and right as I'm carrying my huge bag out of the train door, two guys passionately and lustfully French kissing right in front of the door on the plateform, such a cliche start for the capital of gays given it was the first time I see this scene live in front of my eyes regardless of my frequent travels, this scene has been carved into my brain as you can see oh and German girls are MUCH more beautiful on the average than French girls! this came as a big surprise for me since I imagined it way differently, so many stunning girls everywhere you look! the only face I remember from Paris was a girl I saw next to a family of mine's residence and as I asked about her it turned out she is Saudi with Lebanese blood so yeah it was a surprise since what I had in mind for German girls was freaky tall girls with man-like face and features so this was a big yet pleasant surprise What a welcoming brigade experience. :rolls:
Actually, funny thing, I had the exact same thought when I was in France. We're so bombarded with this premise that French women are the most gorgeous types in all the world, each one a mystical urban goddess for us provincials to bow to :lol:, so I was really surprised to see that that just wasn't true. But women in Paris are far more "normal" than what I expected. Which was a relief. :D

Switzerland: I wish I could have seen more than just Geneva but time wasn't my friend there, such a peaceful calm country, everyone is super friendly and SPEAK PROPER ENGLISH!!!! even the guy in the little ticket booth on Lake Geneva spoke better English that the best accent I could hear in France, and yes he was 100% Swiss I asked him, shameful stuff for the Frenchies...Yep, they all speak really good English, that was my experience too. And the men are so gorgeous omg. :inlove: I'm sure you didn't notice that fact though.
Or did you? :aplot: :p

OMG if I'm gonna answer every question like this I'll never finish gonna try to give shorter ones from now on -____-Hehe. :D I like the long answers, you write in an interesting way. :)

*takes his time thinking*

hard question to answer, recently Lake Geneva was fab on the day, I love clouds and love to see water in cloudy days so it was amazing experience being there, but I'll go with Hakone the beautiful town in Kanagawa Prefecture, Japan, the greeny mountains, the active volcanic spots you see while riding the ropeway, the hot springs and the view of Mt. Fuji in Lake Ashi, add to that the beautiful rain it poured there, not too heavy to annoy not too light to omit, heavenly place That sounds so beautiful. I envy you for seeing Japan. :awww:
(:secret: at bold - too much time in Cologne, yes? :aplot: Imma find a way to work this into the title of this thread. :devil:)

lol I guess you have an idea about that one, but I'd go with photography, although I don't necessarily think I'm "really" good at it, I think I have a good sense of what a good picture consists of, I never took any courses or even read any books or articles on it, but I go with my own sense and instincts and I like the outcomes most of the time, however no one appreciates it around me mainly because my sister is really talented in this sense, I mean she sold some of her drawings for $5,000 each, so she is thought of as the artist of the family, taking all the limelight from poor me I like them, you have a good sense of how to get a "clean" photo.

good question! I can't answer this from an Arabic point of view, that's way too generalized and I have no idea, but I can speak about the Saudi eductation, it's approached with extreme condemnation and as a despicable act of assault on Muslims's holy lands, and to show the difference between the Muslim "rightful" or moral wars in contrast to the barbarian ways of the Crusades, therefore the term Crusaders is taken very negatively and it's usually the way AlQaeda and Bin Laden addresses the Christian Western world which summons hostile and negative feelings in the subconscious of Arabs and Muslims in general, there is naturally alot of emphasize on the Arab victories in these wars and the heroics of Saladin and the decisive Battle of Hattin.

not sure if that's the answer you wanted, you can be more specific if it's too general an answer No, no, that was a great answer, exactly what I wanted to know. And I'm so glad you mentioned Saladin because that was going to be in my next batch of questions. :D

locally it's still about the Jeddah floods (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_Jeddah_floods), on the national level Saudia is involved in the Yemeni civil war (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Scorched_Earth) now after attacks on it's border and after Houthis took control of small regions inside the borders, and the tense is further increasing between Iran and Saudia these days, and between Sunna and Shiia in general, same old same old, fucked up region -____-Well at least you can never complain of boredom I guess...

hmmmm I've walked ALOT in my teenage years, probably one of the desert hikes we took with friends to a nearby desert in Makkah, usually lasting from early morning to night, we ran into wolves in one of them What kinda wolves? How did you act in that situation, what happened?

lol he won't play that long LIES. :speakles:

1. Favourite country in Europe so far?
2. Which country, or countries, in the EU would you want to live in some day?
3. Which is your favourite photo that you've ever taken? plsto post it.
4. Favourite kind of landscape?
5. Favourite architectural piece that you've ever seen in person? (basically anything man-made)
6. How do you refer to the KSA normally? Just Saudi or just Arabia, or something else?
7. How is Saladin percieved in your country? Longish answer please. :p
8. How is, in contrast, Richard the 1st percieved? Any thoughts of your own on the subject?
9. Favourite ice-cream?
10. Describe your perfect meal, start to finish, incl. beverages.

Gretchen.
01-26-2010, 03:24 PM
^^ Maya, you know Habib got banned right? :unsure:

Harmless
01-26-2010, 03:37 PM
^^ Maya, you know Habib got banned right? :unsure:
What wait what ?? :speakles:
How when where why?

Jase too? Jss... :rolls: :unsure:

Gretchen.
01-26-2010, 03:39 PM
What wait what ?? :speakles:
How when where why?

Jase too? Jss... :rolls: :unsure:

A couple hours ago I guess, it was during the Rafa-Muzz match he apparently went into the Rafa forum with some not so nice comments. :o

Yup Jase too. He got banned because he wanted the Rafa fans to die.

Harmless
01-26-2010, 03:52 PM
A couple hours ago I guess, it was during the Rafa-Muzz match he apparently went into the Rafa forum with some not so nice comments. :o

Yup Jase too. He got banned because he wanted the Rafa fans to die.

Omg, you guise... :rolleyes:
Here's an optimus prime facepalm for you, Habib.
http://listicles.thelmagazine.com/wp-content/upload/ironhide_facepalm.jpg

Thanks for letting me know, Jen. :)
But oh well, onwards to Mia's thread, more time for shoetalk. :p

icedevil0289
01-26-2010, 03:56 PM
lol love the title edit :temporary power shortage.

justsumma
01-26-2010, 04:13 PM
I'd love to!! I would take any chance to settle in Europe one day, and my family already knows that :p

For heaven's sake please don't! Europe is a shit hole full of racists. Especially France and Germany. You'll have it incredibly tough here since you're a believing muslim. By the way, what ethnicity do you belong to? Not asking from a racist perspective, obviously.

buddyholly
01-27-2010, 05:44 PM
Who talked you into you to posting that picture of yourself dressed as a samurai? Some Nadal fan?

habibko
02-07-2010, 05:02 AM
sorry about the delay which wasn't in my control... or was it? :devil: :p

What a welcoming brigade experience.
Actually, funny thing, I had the exact same thought when I was in France. We're so bombarded with this premise that French women are the most gorgeous types in all the world, each one a mystical urban goddess for us provincials to bow to , so I was really surprised to see that that just wasn't true. But women in Paris are far more "normal" than what I expected. Which was a relief.

why a relief? it was a major disappointmet for me!!

girls :rolleyes:

Yep, they all speak really good English, that was my experience too. And the men are so gorgeous omg. I'm sure you didn't notice that fact though.
Or did you?

totally, almost glomped on some random dudes in the street out of :hearts:

:rolleyes:

Hehe. I like the long answers, you write in an interesting way. :)

you sweet talker :kiss:

That sounds so beautiful. I envy you for seeing Japan.
( at bold - too much time in Cologne, yes? Imma find a way to work this into the title of this thread. )

I didn't get what you meant by this honestly... what does Cologne have to do with that? :o

Well at least you can never complain of boredom I guess...

but it's the same thing over and over again, some peace for a change plz!!!!!

What kinda wolves? How did you act in that situation, what happened?

I dunno probably Arabian wolves, we didn't get near enough them to know for sure and it was already getting dark, we first heard their voices and some idiots decided to go further a little bit feeling assured that they have canes and knives with them, so we didn't want to separate the group and we continued on with them for a bit, until we heard a loud howl and we got really scared and retreated :scared:, some claim they saw the wolves' eyes glowing right before we ran back, but I didn't see anything only heard them, who knows how many they were... good thing we fled safely from there :unsure:

1. Favourite country in Europe so far?

Austria because of the memories and the lovely company I had there, don't think I'll ever go back there again though.

2. Which country, or countries, in the EU would you want to live in some day?

an English speaking country like England, otherwise somewhere like Romania or Hungary, what can I say I love Eastern European girls!! :inlove:

3. Which is your favourite photo that you've ever taken? plsto post it.

I don't have a particular one, I like most of the ones I took differently and equally, they are my little kids! :p

4. Favourite kind of landscape?

from the places I've been to, this (http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss65/habibko/SN390097.jpg?t=1265515560) was the most magical landscape I ever laid eyes on, it's from Japan btw! however I'm a sea person and love anything related to seas or oceans, the best landscape for me is something like this (http://www.estesnet.com/Hydroplant/images/T1S02_Original_Lawn_Lake.JPG), but I've never seen such a place yet :tears:

5. Favourite architectural piece that you've ever seen in person? (basically anything man-made)

Madain Saleh (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mada'in_Saleh) , it's the first magnificent architecture of its kind I saw in my childhood, abandoned tombs without the bodies and castles built inside the mountains, only Petra is comparable to it but I haven't been there yet, even though I've been to Jordan, shame on me no? :tape:

6. How do you refer to the KSA normally? Just Saudi or just Arabia, or something else?

in Arabic we either call it Almamlaka (the Kingdom) or Alsaudia, so I prefer to call it Saudia in English because I feel it's closest to what we call it, the name isn't catching on between English speakers though -___-

7. How is Saladin percieved in your country? Longish answer please.

not only in my country but for all Muslims he is considered a legendary hero and an example of the perfect Muslim leader who was just, brave and chivalrous, and who fought for the restoration of Muslim and Arab lands and succeeded in that, he is deeply rooted in our culture, for example questions like "when will another Saladin come?" or "when will the times of Saladin come back?" are often said in cultural songs, plays etc, and that's because of how the Palestinian crisis is deeply rooted in Arabic and Muslim subconscious for all these years.

my interpretation is that when a defeated nation lingers to the past heroes seeking pride and legacy instead of actually doing something to change the present and improve themselves, they will remain defeated and humiliated, and their enemies won't even respect them anymore -___-

8. How is, in contrast, Richard the 1st percieved? Any thoughts of your own on the subject?

is that Richard Qalb Alasad (Lionheart) from my highschool history book? Y HELO THAR mate!! I heard all about your battles dude! :cool: :p

I dunno, one of the enemy leaders who fought Saladin? :shrug: I highly doubt anyone here knows more about the dude than what they learned from the history classes, which was a recount of his battles against Muslims.

9. Favourite ice-cream?

strawberry-mango mixture always gets me :drool: :inlove:

10. Describe your perfect meal, start to finish, incl. beverages.

sitting on a white sand beach alone next to the ocean, listening only to the gentle waves at the early morning when the sun haven't shined yet but the sky is dark bluish and not black anymore, magically having curry chicken with biryani rice right in front of me, along with an endless supply of cold chilly coca cola, and a whole lot of delicious stuff all around me that I won't even touch but they are food for my eyes lawl, I eat the curry chicken while reading a newspaper (I can't eat without reading and can't read without eating, a habit I have since childhood!) and listening to the calm waves, feeling and smelling the iodine-filled breeze of the morning, yep that's as close as it gets to heaven!

habibko
02-07-2010, 05:33 AM
lol love the title edit :temporary power shortage.

that's what we all love Maya for :lol: :hearts:

For heaven's sake please don't! Europe is a shit hole full of racists. Especially France and Germany. You'll have it incredibly tough here since you're a believing muslim. By the way, what ethnicity do you belong to? Not asking from a racist perspective, obviously.

true it is tough for Muslims and Arabic-bearing ppl especially these days, but I still think I'll be a happier person living there for different reasons, thanks for your concern =)

my ethnicity but not from a racist perspective? I don't know what you mean exactly :scratch: I'm obviously Arabic but I bear little Arab blood in me since most of my grandparents are Uzbeks, so I suppose I'm Turkic? yeah it's a bit confusing in my case :o

Who talked you into you to posting that picture of yourself dressed as a samurai? Some Nadal fan?

:lol: no not Nadal fans :rolleyes: in the Castle back when we called each other generals and with all the warrior talks I remembered I took some pix in a real samurai costume in Japan so I thought it would be cool if I posted them, good cosplay don't you think? :p

buddyholly
02-08-2010, 01:47 AM
Cosplay?

habibko
02-08-2010, 09:12 AM
Cosplay?

http://anime-wallpapers.com/images/800x600/team-kakashi-sasuke-sakura-naruto.jpg

http://www.dailybento.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/cosplay-fail-10.jpg

bokehlicious
02-08-2010, 09:18 AM
Habib, sorry if it was already asked but I'd like to know when you became a Federer fan, is that long ago?

For heaven's sake please don't! Europe is a shit hole full of racists. Especially France and Germany. You'll have it incredibly tough here since you're a believing muslim.

Quality post :rolleyes: :retard:

habibko
02-08-2010, 09:31 AM
Habib, sorry if it was already asked but I'd like to know when you became a Federer fan, is that long ago?

first time I saw Fed play live was the 2005 Miami final, I was at a restaurant with friends and the match was on display on TVs there, and the comeback captivated me, before that I was hardly interested in tennis and only watched occasional highlights of the slam finals in the sport news etc, that's when I liked Fed's game and his attitude, but I didn't start watching tennis religiously until 2007 starting from Dubai, before that I only caught the news and highlights after the action ended >__> and watching his performances in Dubai and Hamburg especially brought me further more into the fan category :inlove:

it was love at first sight! :hearts: :p

Serenidad
02-08-2010, 09:34 AM

Quality post :rolleyes: :retard:

Probably was just judging by looking at you, clown.

bokehlicious
02-08-2010, 09:36 AM
Probably was just judging by looking at you, clown.

Another quality post... :yeah: :retard:

habibko
02-08-2010, 09:40 AM
Another quality post... :yeah: :retard:

a major clown s/he is indeed :cuckoo:

Serenidad
02-08-2010, 09:41 AM
Take turns munching up on Fred. :lol:

habibko
02-08-2010, 09:46 AM
Take turns munching up on Fred. :lol:

go play some Elbow Tennis somewhere else and stop trolling :rolleyes:

Serenidad
02-08-2010, 09:48 AM
Oh still bitter over those beatings.

habibko
02-08-2010, 09:50 AM
Oh still bitter over those beatings.

it was my first time playing what do you expect? :rolleyes:

Dini
02-08-2010, 02:09 PM
How much do you love the sound of Oud? :hearts:

Is he GOAT or is he GOAT? :

CLsXUWRs014

:inlove:

bokehlicious
02-08-2010, 04:34 PM
Switzerland: I wish I could have seen more than just Geneva but time wasn't my friend there, such a peaceful calm country, everyone is super friendly and SPEAK PROPER ENGLISH!!!! even the guy in the little ticket booth on Lake Geneva spoke better English that the best accent I could hear in France, and yes he was 100% Swiss I asked him, shameful stuff for the Frenchies...

hard question to answer, recently Lake Geneva was fab on the day, I love clouds and love to see water in cloudy days so it was amazing experience being there

Too bad we didn't meet up there :sad: I could have shown you the best spots aroud lake Geneva... Hopefully next time :wavey: ;)

habibko
02-08-2010, 04:58 PM
How much do you love the sound of Oud? :hearts:

Is he GOAT or is he GOAT? :

CLsXUWRs014

:inlove:

that is beautiful, and of course I love the Oud, it's in our blood us Arabs :inlove: :hearts:

I wouldn't go as far as him being the GOAT, the GOATs are 3 in my opinion, in no particular order:

1- Farid El Atrache:

7uYKkKCAvnA

zGoY5QYLnYs

2- Abadi Al Johar:

LWIQs1SBIcc

3- Riyadh AlSunbaty:

mZ1kCUKasY0

habibko
02-08-2010, 05:01 PM
Too bad we didn't meet up there :sad: I could have shown you the best spots aroud lake Geneva... Hopefully next time :wavey: ;)

there will definitely be a next time, your country is so beautiful :worship:

next up: Basel :hearts: see you then :D :p

Dini
02-08-2010, 05:16 PM
Habib, they're great and fantastic. But they composed music for songs and/or other people. Shamma is different in that he makes music, only music, for himself and is not a composer in the sense of Sunbaty or Atrach. He plays the Oud with one hand, two fingers, you name it. He has so much versatility in the way he plays and performs a piece. It's not all about his compositions, it's about how he performs it and how much of his own twist he puts into it.

I believe there's a difference.

habibko
02-08-2010, 05:42 PM
Habib, they're great and fantastic. But they composed music for songs and/or other people. Shamma is different in that he makes music, only music, for himself and is not a composer in the sense of Sunbaty or Atrach. He plays the Oud with one hand, two fingers, you name it. He has so much versatility in the way he plays and performs a piece. It's not all about his compositions, it's about how he performs it and how much of his own twist he puts into it.

I believe there's a difference.

I need to listen to him more then, you know I'm more interested in the Violin than Oud or any other musical instrument so I don't know much about them, however I think Oud is as much an Arabic heritage and tradition as it's music, Shamma is creative and unique but to be a GOAT you need to have the power of history, accomplishments and reputation behind you, there is a difference between our personal favorites and the best of all time :p :cool:

listening to this now:

yZ2R_5IKZGc

Gretchen.
02-09-2010, 11:37 PM
WTF does this >__> mean? :p

habibko
02-09-2010, 11:56 PM
WTF does this >__> mean? :p

it means someone looking sideways, what else? >___>

it's part of famous anime/Japanese emoticons, and since you brought the subject, let me give you lesson 101 on it :cool:

-_- means you are bored, annoyed or not interested or if you just stated a really obvious thing, it's like when you constrict your eyelids in someone's face as in saying "really?" in sarcastic way, another variation of it is -_________- when you want to imply even more of the emotion, a cuter way of saying it is -.- and so on :p

>_< is used when you are frustrated, cuter way is >.<

O_o is when you are surprised, as in dilating one eye, other versions: O_O , O.O , O.o etc..

a Japanese cute way of smiling is ^_^ instead of the boring : ) , but it's girlish so I don't use it anymore :ras: there is also the wink ^_*

all clear now? _-_

Gretchen.
02-10-2010, 12:01 AM
it means someone looking sideways, what else? >___>

it's part of famous anime/Japanese emoticons, and since you brought the subject, let me give you lesson 101 on it :cool:

-_- means you are bored or not interested or if you just stated a really obvious thing, it's like when you constrict your eyelids in someone's face as in saying "really?" in sarcastic way, another variation of it is -_________- when you want to imply even more of the emotion, a cuter way of saying it is -.- and so on :p

>_< is used when you are frustrated, cuter way is >.<

O_o is when you are surprised, as in dilating one eye, other versions: O_O , O.O , O.o etc..

a Japanese cute way of smiling is ^_^ instead of the boring : ) , but it's girlish so I don't use it anymore :ras: there is also the wink ^_*

all clear now? _-_

Jose is that you?

totally clear _-_ (:

habibko
02-10-2010, 12:06 AM
Jose is that you?

you should know by now that we are a match made in heaven :hearts: :p

totally clear _-_ (:

finally, about time >___>

Eden
02-15-2010, 08:07 PM
Habib :wavey:

1) What does your name mean?

2) What’s your favourite match of Roger and who is the opponent you enjoy to see him play against the most?

3) Who would be your favourite coach for Roger?

4) If you could ask Roger 10 questions, what would you like to get to know from him?

5) What is your current desktop picture?

6) If you had lots of money to spend, which charity would you donate this money too and why?

7) Have you ever changed your opinion about a tennisplayer (either positive or negative)? If yes, what was the reason for it?

8) When did you knew you wanted to become a doctor?

9) What's the one thing that goes everywhere with you when you travel?

10) How did you discover MTF?

11) How long can you go without being on the internet?

12) List the 3 qualities you like the most and the least about yourself.

13) Who's your favourite tenniscommentator and who do you like the least?

14) What would you like to see changed on the ATP tour?

15) What beliefs do you stand very strong for, and stand strong against?

16) What do you think people think of you?

17) When did you got your first PC? When have you been using the internet for the first time and do you remember which information you searched there first?

18) What is the most valuable thing you own?

19) You can go back in time and prevent a great catastrophe. Which one would you prevent?

20) Do you have any quirks (for example having to check 10 times whether you have really closed the door)?

21) Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

22) If you could have dinner with 3 people from any time in history, whom would you invite? Why?

23) Which 5 internet sites do you visit regurlary?

24) Who are your Top 10 favourite current and retired players?

25) What do you think is the meaning of life?

Thanks in advance for your answers :)

habibko
02-16-2010, 12:44 PM
Habib :wavey:

yo Doris! great sig you got there :inlove: :yeah: I don't think I can finish answering all the Qs at once, I hope you don't mind me taking my time with them :o

1) What does your name mean?

Habib is Arabic for "beloved", another variation of it is one of the more famous Arabic words which is "Habibi" or "my beloved" ;)

2) What’s your favourite match of Roger and who is the opponent you enjoy to see him play against the most?

his AO 2008 match against Santoro, one of the best matches I ever watched, not just because of how entertaining and great the tennis was but because of the atmosphere in which it was played, and I love both players so it was really great :hearts:

and I'd say Santoro again, and I think Fed loves playing him as well :p

3) Who would be your favourite coach for Roger?

Robert Federer :worship: :lol:

4) If you could ask Roger 10 questions, what would you like to get to know from him?

1- fans call you names like GOATFed, JesusFed, NinjaFed when you play your best, what do you call yourself when playing at that level?

2- can you hit some balls with me please? plz plz?

3- what do you really feel about all top 10 players, one by one?

4- do you like what tennis is turning to these days or you prefer the good ol' days from the tennis fanatic perspective that you are?

5- what the hell were you thinking when you served for the 2nd set in 2009 USO final?

6- what usually goes through your mind while you are crushing your opponent in the biggest stages, for example when playing Hewitt in 2004 USO final, Del Potro in AO 2009 or Murray in AO 2010, what kind of thoughts cross your mind as you are "floating" and obliterating your opponent?

7- did you watch the Japanese anime "Prince of Tennis"? you are Kunimitsu Tezuka btw!!!

that's all I can think of right now!

5) What is your current desktop picture?

this. (http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss65/habibko/miviajedewallpaper010s1.jpg?t=1266322392)

6) If you had lots of money to spend, which charity would you donate this money too and why?

I'd fund and establish free hospitals to treat those who need health care and can't afford it, free of charge, because we need alot of these here.

7) Have you ever changed your opinion about a tennisplayer (either positive or negative)? If yes, what was the reason for it?

I did about Djokovic since he stopped quitting and retiring left and right, I don't think he retired since AO 2009 against Roddick, which is a great improvement.

8) When did you knew you wanted to become a doctor?

since middle school.

9) What's the one thing that goes everywhere with you when you travel?

my phone, my wallet and my spare glasses :cool:

10) How did you discover MTF?

searched for tennis forums on google and found it! I used to post in RogerFederer.com before here but since I got involved here I quit posting there.

11) How long can you go without being on the internet?

as long as I'm forced to! when given access I have to come online at least once daily.

12) List the 3 qualities you like the most and the least about yourself.

like the most:

- making friends easily.

- noticing small details.

- almost always being cheerful and happy, I don't like being gloomy and I hate myself when I am! thankfully it's pretty rare :p

like the least:

- I don't open myself to others so easily.

- I can't express certain feelings very well in words.

- my procrastinating nature >__>

13) Who's your favourite tenniscommentator and who do you like the least?

top favorite: Jason Goodall

least favorite: none in particular.

14) What would you like to see changed on the ATP tour?

more fast surfaces, bring back 5 sets finals in TMS/TMC.

15) What beliefs do you stand very strong for, and stand strong against?

I stand strongly for social justice, egalitarianism, and other noble concepts within liberalism and secularism but not in the ways it's usually practiced, and stand strongly against injustice, oppression and abuse of power.

will continue answering the remaining Qs later!

buddyholly
02-16-2010, 02:02 PM
I stand strongly for social justice, egalitarianism, and other noble concepts within liberalism and secularism but not in the ways it's usually practiced

Doesn't that just mean that you don't? That you have invented your own definitions of social justice, egalitarianism and other noble concepts just so you can convince yourself that you do?

Maybe you should use other words so that it is clear you do not stand for social justice and egalitarianism as defined by the rest of the world.

habibko
02-16-2010, 06:06 PM
16) What do you think people think of you?

which people, my family, my friends, my classmates, or ahem, MTFers? :rolleyes:

overall, an approachable friendly guy I guess :angel:

17) When did you got your first PC? When have you been using the internet for the first time and do you remember which information you searched there first?

I got my first PC later in highschool, I used internet for the first time at a friend's house whom showed me the wonder that was Yahoo.com lol, Google wasn't too famous at that time, and the first information I searched for was some Japanese animation pix (no not hentai!@@! not yet that is.. :tape: )

18) What is the most valuable thing you own?

hmmm, my hard-drives? have so many precious memories of the past, I also have a memories box where I keep many things, that is also very precious to me.

19) You can go back in time and prevent a great catastrophe. Which one would you prevent?

none in particular, I believe in God and everything happens for a destined reason and part of the creation's plan and the universe order, there is no point to play God myself.

20) Do you have any quirks (for example having to check 10 times whether you have really closed the door)?

I used to have a 2-right-1-left rule, whatever I do with my left hand I do twice with my right hand, if I tapped on a table by my right out of boredom I tap by my left and then again by my right to equal everything out and the world lives in peace.... :p

I don't do this anymore >__>

21) Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

I don't look that far in the future.

22) If you could have dinner with 3 people from any time in history, whom would you invite? Why?

hmmm, that would be:

- Prophet Muhammed, to see how was really like not as a prophet but as a leader, an orphan man from the darkest ages of history in the middle of the desert establishing a new order in his world and transforming ignorant tribes into new leaders of the world, he must have been a really special person, he is also a distant grandfather from my mother's side so I share some blood!

- Abbas el-Akkad, he died 22 years before I was born, such a shame :sad: he is my top favorite writer and thinker and I'd love to chat with him.

- Eve, I heard our old mother is quite beautiful, I wanna say hi and give her an apple! :lol:

23) Which 5 internet sites do you visit regurlary?

- YouTube

- Google

- Hotmail

- MTF

- Wikipedia

24) Who are your Top 10 favourite current and retired players?

in no particular order except Fed at the top:

1- Roger Federer.

2- Fabrice Santoro.

3- David Nalbandian.

4- Nicolas Kiefer.

5- Feliciano Lopez.

6- Andy Roddick.

7- Daniel Koellerer.

8- Marat Safin.

9- Nikolay Davydenko.

10- Taylor Dent.

some didn't make it to the list, oh well...

25) What do you think is the meaning of life?

each one of us is a little tiny block in a grand building that constitutes our living world, each of us must search all his life to know where and how exactly does his block fit in the building.

habibko
02-16-2010, 06:20 PM
Doesn't that just mean that you don't? That you have invented your own definitions of social justice, egalitarianism and other noble concepts just so you can convince yourself that you do?

Maybe you should use other words so that it is clear you do not stand for social justice and egalitarianism as defined by the rest of the world.

secularism in France isn't the same as secularism in the U.S., and a supposed secularism in Saudi Arabia should be like neither, each culture adopt these concepts according to their own nature and needs, there is no magical recipe that works everywhere.

there are things which are done in the name of liberty and secularism that I don't approve of, like allowing racist and hate speeches and parties, or prosecuting school girls over their choice of dress because of their religious beliefs.

buddyholly
02-17-2010, 01:05 AM
prosecuting school girls over their choice of dress because of their religious beliefs.

So the imposition of a female dress code in your country must be very upsetting to your ideas of liberty? The possibility of being prosecuted, based on a religious belief?

Rather than fret about girls in France, maybe you should ponder the reason why a country punishes its women for being **** victims.

habibko
02-17-2010, 01:26 PM
So the imposition of a female dress code in your country must be very upsetting to your ideas of liberty? The possibility of being prosecuted, based on a religious belief?

of course! I'm absolutely against forcing veil on women and girls, if they want to wear it ok if they don't so be it, this is one of my major beliefs and most people in my country disagree with me >__>

Rather than fret about girls in France, maybe you should ponder the reason why a country punishes its women for being **** victims.

it disgusts me, they however don't punish them for being "*****", they punish girls who go out alone with boys regardless of what happens between them afterwards, in the eyes of the religious police being ***** doesn't make you innocent of agreeing of going out with a stranger on your own, there is a misconception about this point in the eyes of the world I suppose.

not that I agree with this nor punishing ppl for their moral choices overall.

zeleni
02-17-2010, 02:41 PM
What is Arabic perception on Turkish rule in Arabia?
What is general view on Turks in your country?

habibko
02-17-2010, 03:35 PM
What is Arabic perception on Turkish rule in Arabia?
What is general view on Turks in your country?

the Ottomans only had few parts of the Hijaz (western region) of Arabia and never actually ruled it as a whole, they were Muslims and Arabia wasn't a unified country to begin with, therefore it isn't looked upon in a negative sense as far as I know.

nothing special to note on how Turks are viewed, certainly more positively than how Turks view Arabs :rolleyes:

zeleni
02-17-2010, 04:15 PM
the Ottomans only had few parts of the Hijaz (western region) of Arabia and never actually ruled it as a whole, they were Muslims and Arabia wasn't a unified country to begin with, therefore it isn't looked upon in a negative sense as far as I know.

nothing special to note on how Turks are viewed, certainly more positively than how Turks view Arabs :rolleyes:
Why roll eyes? Turks don't respect you enough?

Few more questions.

How good can you understand Arabs from, for example, Maghreb i.e. how big are differences in Arabic language in different regions?

Do you personally know some Shia Muslims who are Saudi citizens? Do they hide their religious convictions?

habibko
02-17-2010, 04:25 PM
Why roll eyes? Turks don't respect you enough?

I didn't experience anything myself since I was a child when I went to Turkey but I heard many stories about it, no one respects Arabs enough -___-

How good can you understand Arabs from, for example, Maghreb i.e. how big are differences in Arabic language in different regions?

sometimes they are big and some times they aren't, differnces between Magharbi and my Arabic are big and I don't understand everything they say when they talk to me, but they are capable of making life easier on others and speaking closer to classical Arabic.

I see you are interested alot in Arabic stuff, why is that? :cool:

Do you personally know some Shia Muslims who are Saudi citizens? Do they hide their religious convictions?

I do, and they tend to hide it when they live amidst a Sunni majority (for example here in Jeddah), one of my college friends is a Shii Muslim and I only discovered it 4 years after knowing him, and not even from him directly although he hinted it to me several times, he also managed to "convert" another friend of mine from Sunna to Shia Islam...

they don't hide it much in the Eastern Region where they mostly live though.

ExcaliburII
02-17-2010, 04:28 PM
Why did you lie about your ping pong skills?

zeleni
02-17-2010, 04:39 PM
I see you are interested alot in Arabic stuff, why is that? :cool:

Nothing special - pure curiosity and I am using occasion to ask versed person. :)

I do, and they tend to hide it when they live amidst a Sunni majority (for example here in Jeddah), one of my college friends is a Shii Muslim and I only discovered it 4 years after knowing him, and not even from him directly although he hinted it to me several times, he also managed to "convert" another friend of mine from Sunna to Shia Islam...
Interesting... How dangerous is that conversion?

I appreciate you answers.:) My last two questions for you.

What is you view on Pan-Arabism?
Assuming you are Sunni Muslim, who do you feel more similar to you, generally: Arab Shia Muslim or non-Arab Sunni Muslim?

habibko
02-17-2010, 04:42 PM
Why did you lie about your ping pong skills?

I never lied about it, all what I said was true, you are the one who over-estimated my skills as if I'm a ranked pro :rolleyes:

I do compete in our college league but I never won the title :( and I'll still beat you anyway :p

ExcaliburII
02-17-2010, 04:44 PM
From what i saw on the videos, i should train 2 or 3 days before and i could trash you.

And I am deffensive player too, but i can bash the ball. You are a pusher :rolls:

habibko
02-17-2010, 04:56 PM
Nothing special - pure curiosity and I am using occasion to ask versed person. :)

if you mean by versed person = Arabic Saudi person, then yeah I am :p

Interesting... How dangerous is that conversion?

not dangerous, but he started slightly isolating himself from our group, little by little as the news spread our gang never continued to be the same, that Shii friend of ours suddenly changed his group to another one and took many of us with him, splitting the group without consulting any of us, and he was the leader of our college group so you can imagine the impact of that, in the end my friends attributed his actions to him being a Shii Muslim :tape:

days of our lives, college drama :lol:

I appreciate you answers.:) My last two questions for you.

What is you view on Pan-Arabism?

not very enthusiastic about it, alot of hypocrisy was and still is involved with it, and nothing truly unites the Arab masses except their language in practice so it's futile to talk about any real Pan-Arabism these days.

Assuming you are Sunni Muslim, who do you feel more similar to you, generally: Arab Shia Muslim or non-Arab Sunni Muslim?

how similar exactly? in general I'd say non-Arab Sunni Muslims.

I don't consider myself a Sunni Muslim, I identify myself as a Muslim only, although in practice I follow the Sunni method since I was raised a Sunni Muslim, yes it might sounds silly and stubborn but that's how I view myself! I despise all the sectarian differences and history and believe most of it is of political-shit origins -__-

buddyholly
02-17-2010, 04:59 PM
Would you like a samurai costume to be obligatory dress for all Saudi men?

habibko
02-17-2010, 04:59 PM
From what i saw on the videos, i should train 2 or 3 days before and i could trash you.

And I am deffensive player too, but i can bash the ball. You are a pusher :rolls:

you watched two short matches against one opponent and you can tell everything about my game? :rolls:

I can bash the ball too, ask Djou :devil: and again post vids of you playing before boasting about what you'll do :rolleyes:

habibko
02-17-2010, 05:01 PM
Would you like a samurai costume to be obligatory dress for all Saudi men?

:lol: no, it isn't suitable to our hot conditions, only our white Thobe does the job :worship:

Harmless
02-26-2010, 05:03 PM
:wavey:

sorry about the delay which wasn't in my control... or was it?
Plstonotbe getting self banned just as you get a spotlight thread. :rolleyes:
It reflects negatively on my vcash reputation as an OP. :p
why a relief? it was a major disappointmet for me!!
girls Female confidence is a very fragile thing, what can I say. :lol:
totally, almost glomped on some random dudes in the street out of

:rolleyes:hihihi :devil:
you sweet talker Iss da true, no? :)
I didn't get what you meant by this honestly... what does Cologne have to do with that? haha :D
I meant to correlate the fact that you said that Cologne is the gay capital of Germany with the fact that "xy is fab" is THE stereotypical gay thing to say. :p
I dunno probably Arabian wolves, we didn't get near enough them to know for sure and it was already getting dark, we first heard their voices and some idiots decided to go further a little bit feeling assured that they have canes and knives with them, so we didn't want to separate the group and we continued on with them for a bit, until we heard a loud howl and we got really scared and retreated, some claim they saw the wolves' eyes glowing right before we ran back, but I didn't see anything only heard them, who knows how many they were... good thing we fled safely from there Was that some kind of a scouting trip you were on, something like the boy scouts association in America or something?
Austria because of the memories and the lovely company I had there, don't think I'll ever go back there again though.Interesting choice.
1. What did you love about Austria so much?
2. (assuming you were in Wien and not some other city) How much of Wien did you see and what are some of the things you liked best?
an English speaking country like England, otherwise somewhere like Romania or Hungary, what can I say I love Eastern European girls!! Uhm, Hungary is in Central Europe. :p
I don't have a particular one, I like most of the ones I took differently and equally, they are my little kids! Indecisive Habib, is indecisive. :(
3. Post 3 random ones that you like then.
from the places I've been to, this (http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss65/habibko/SN390097.jpg?t=1265515560) was the most magical landscape I ever laid eyes on, it's from Japan btw! however I'm a sea person and love anything related to seas or oceans, the best landscape for me is something like this (http://www.estesnet.com/Hydroplant/images/T1S02_Original_Lawn_Lake.JPG), but I've never seen such a place yet The place in Japan is beautiful :hearts:
It looks so dreamy and flowy.

And the second pic is very similar to the croatian coast btw. :D
Most beautiful coast in the world. If I do say so myself. :p
Pic (http://www.croatia.org/crown/content_images/croatia_water.jpg) more (http://www.naturetrek.co.uk/pics/croatia_lrg.jpg) another (http://www.find-croatia.com/photos-croatia/cities-croatia/slides/Croatia238SanMarino.jpg) moar (http://www.wayfaring.info/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/plitvickajezera-2.jpg) moar (http://www.find-croatia.com/photos-croatia/cities-croatia/slides/Croatia361Dubrovnik.jpg) moar (http://www.find-croatia.com/photos-croatia/nature-croatia/slides/Croatia174Lubenice.jpg)
Madain Saleh (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mada%27in_Saleh) , it's the first magnificent architecture of its kind I saw in my childhood, abandoned tombs without the bodies and castles built inside the mountains, only Petra is comparable to it but I haven't been there yet, even though I've been to Jordan, shame on me no? I love sepulchral sites too. That one is very impressive, good choice.
in Arabic we either call it Almamlaka (the Kingdom) or Alsaudia, so I prefer to call it Saudia in English because I feel it's closest to what we call it, the name isn't catching on between English speakers though -___-I was really curious about that, thanks. :yeah:
not only in my country but for all Muslims he is considered a legendary hero and an example of the perfect Muslim leader who was just, brave and chivalrous, and who fought for the restoration of Muslim and Arab lands and succeeded in that, he is deeply rooted in our culture, for example questions like "when will another Saladin come?" or "when will the times of Saladin come back?" are often said in cultural songs, plays etc, and that's because of how the Palestinian crisis is deeply rooted in Arabic and Muslim subconscious for all these years.

my interpretation is that when a defeated nation lingers to the past heroes seeking pride and legacy instead of actually doing something to change the present and improve themselves, they will remain defeated and humiliated, and their enemies won't even respect them anymore -___-Good answer.
4. What are some other historical heroes in the Arabic culture, and does Saladin rank as the no1 among them?
is that Richard Qalb Alasad (Lionheart) from my highschool history book? Y HELO THAR mate!! I heard all about your battles dude!

I dunno, one of the enemy leaders who fought Saladin? I highly doubt anyone here knows more about the dude than what they learned from the history classes, which was a recount of his battles against Muslims.Yes, that one.
More history questions haha. :D
5. Who is the most vilified European historical figure in Arabia? (pre-20th ct) I thought Richard must have ranked pretty high up there.
that's what we all love Maya for
The titles? Oh qmon, you know that's not why.
Y'all love me because I post shirtless pics of Roger and you know it. :rolleyes: :devil:

6. Best match that you have seen this year so far.
7. Imagine that Roger makes it to the finals of Wimbledon this year :woprahship:. Please state the opponent in the finals and the scoreline that would
a) make you feel the best :yippee:, and
b) make you feel the absolute worst :bigcry:
8. Being fluent in both Arabic and English, how do you approach books that have been translated from one language to another? Do you read originals or translations? And what's your general view of the way that English translates to Arabic and vice-versa?
9. Opinions on Marcos Baghdatis? Do you like him?
10. What are your thoughts on the brand new ATP sponsorship deal - with Corona?

habibko
02-26-2010, 06:31 PM
I took a leaf out of your book and felt free to perform a holocaust of smileys to your post...

Plstonotbe getting self banned just as you get a spotlight thread.
It reflects negatively on my vcash reputation as an OP.

sorry about that again -___-

Female confidence is a very fragile thing, what can I say.

I'd say female jealousy is the more accurate term here :p

hihihi

ah that must have stirred some slashy thoughts in your pervy mind, never in doubt :rolleyes:

haha
I meant to correlate the fact that you said that Cologne is the gay capital of Germany with the fact that "xy is fab" is THE stereotypical gay thing to say.

I dunno about that rly, I'm not a native English speaker and certain linguistic perceptions elude me, I know Nadine uses the expression and I is likes it :o

Was that some kind of a scouting trip you were on, something like the boy scouts association in America or something?

no it was just us friends and neighbors gathering in vacations and spending our otherwise boring free time in fun desert exploring, it was alot of fun :D

1. What did you love about Austria so much?

I felt at peace there for many different reasons, it doesn't have much to do with the country itself but with the way I felt about the whole trip, Vienna is also immortalized in the Arab culture as an almost heavenly place because of classic songs like this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSPsuk2j5IM), of course it wasn't as I imagined it when I listened to the song as a kid :lol: :o it felt like a calm and serene city, and I love cities that feel like this.

2. (assuming you were in Wien and not some other city) How much of Wien did you see and what are some of the things you liked best?

I visited the Belvedere and Schönbrunn of course, and then many strolls in the city malls, cathedrals and city center, I also like to go at random places in the city and just walk in the streets and see the shops and stuff.

what I loved the most is seeing Vienna from Bird-eye view at the top of the Donauturm :inlove:

Uhm, Hungary is in Central Europe.

who cares! their girls are hawt!! :p

I'll answer the rest at another time, hope you don't mind.. :unsure:

Gretchen.
02-26-2010, 08:16 PM
Come onlineCome onlineCome onlineCome onlineCome onlineCome onlineCome onlineCome onlineCome onlineCome onlineCome onlineCome onlineCome onlineCome onlineCome onlineCome onlineCome onlineCome onlineCome onlineCome onlineCome onlineCome onlineCome onlineCome onlineCome onlineCome onlineCome onlineCome onlineCome onlineCome onlineCome onlineCome onlineCome online

That is all.

habibko
02-26-2010, 08:52 PM
Come onlineCome onlineCome onlineCome onlineCome onlineCome onlineCome onlineCome onlineCome onlineCome onlineCome onlineCome onlineCome onlineCome onlineCome onlineCome onlineCome onlineCome onlineCome onlineCome onlineCome onlineCome onlineCome onlineCome onlineCome onlineCome onlineCome onlineCome onlineCome onlineCome onlineCome onlineCome onlineCome online

That is all.

I came before I checked here, and :hearts:

Harmless
02-26-2010, 09:04 PM
In before Jose's that's what she said joke.

habibko
02-26-2010, 09:14 PM

:speakles: you won't believe me, but I thought of exactly the same thing as I was writing that post :rolls: u r freaky Maya :unsure: and so so pervy, NID :devil: :p

Harmless
02-26-2010, 09:18 PM
:speakles: you won't believe me, but I thought of exactly the same thing as I was writing that post :rolls: u r freaky Maya :unsure: and so so pervy, NID :devil: :p
It's more a matter of Jose being dead obvious than any case of ESP or pervyness :[ imo. :p

habibko
02-26-2010, 09:24 PM
It's more a matter of Jose being dead obvious than any case of ESP or pervyness :[ imo. :p

:lol: congrats on finally being free, was a busy month huh? :hug:

and no avy/siggy is no fun :(

Gretchen.
02-26-2010, 09:26 PM

People might get the wrooong idea from this you know. :lol: :o

habibko
02-26-2010, 09:34 PM
People might get the wrooong idea from this you know. :lol: :o

he he :devil: :p

habibko
02-27-2010, 09:58 PM
3. Post 3 random ones that you like then.

I'll post 5 of my favorite sceneries I took from Japan:

sunshine behind the greeny mountains (http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss65/habibko/SN390099.jpg?t=1267306115)

rain and mist on the Hakone mountains, taken from the Onsen hotel entrance (http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss65/habibko/SN390143.jpg?t=1267307739)

ropeway to Lake Ashi, I tried to take the pic from an angle where the glass of the cabin wouldn't show and I succeeded in this one, so it looks as if I took it mid-air or something, I'm proud of it! (http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss65/habibko/PIC00013.jpg?t=1267307763)

mountain view from Lake Ashi on top of a pirate ship lol, notice how each fades more in fog in a harmonical way as you look further (http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss65/habibko/SN390117.jpg?t=1267307822)

fireballs in Disneyland Tokyo, you could feel the heat of the fireball on your face, it was scary close which made it even more exciting to watch/feel (http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss65/habibko/SN390186.jpg?t=1267307853)

The place in Japan is beautiful
It looks so dreamy and flowy.

And the second pic is very similar to the croatian coast btw.
Most beautiful coast in the world. If I do say so myself.
Pic (http://www.croatia.org/crown/content_images/croatia_water.jpg) more (http://www.naturetrek.co.uk/pics/croatia_lrg.jpg) another (http://www.find-croatia.com/photos-croatia/cities-croatia/slides/Croatia238SanMarino.jpg) moar (http://www.wayfaring.info/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/plitvickajezera-2.jpg) moar (http://www.find-croatia.com/photos-croatia/cities-croatia/slides/Croatia361Dubrovnik.jpg) moar (http://www.find-croatia.com/photos-croatia/nature-croatia/slides/Croatia174Lubenice.jpg)

beautiful pix! I'd love to see these places one day :inlove: :worship:

Good answer.
4. What are some other historical heroes in the Arabic culture, and does Saladin rank as the no1 among them?
Yes, that one.

from the warrior hero point of view, there are the Arab heroes from the Islamic era such as Umar (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umar), Ali (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ali) , Hamza (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamza_ibn_%E2%80%98Abd_al-Muttalib) and Khalid ibn al-Walid (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khalid_ibn_al-Walid), and there are the more ancient Arab heroes such as Antarah (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antarah_ibn_Shaddad) and Al-Zeir Salim (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Zeir_Salim) (this last one is controversial and isn't exactly known as a warrior per se, but he is a hero in Arabic culture nevertheless, for the wrong reasons IMO, but I digress....)

but warriors aren't the only ones revered in Arabic culture, poetry has a deep impact on culture and there are some poets whom are glorified as some sort of heroes in their own way, such as the poets of the Muallaqat (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muallaqat), Imru al-Qais (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imru%27_al-Qais) and Al-Nabigha (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Nabigha) in particular, you can add Antarah and Alzeir Salim to this category as well since they are also most famous for their poems, and you also have a legendary female poet here, Al-Khansa (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Khansa), considered one of the best elegy poets of all Arab history, you might think it's strange that I'm mentioning poets here when you ask for "heroes", but in Arabic culture poets have been more influencial and famous than many heroes therefore have to be mentioned in my opinion, they were the voice of tribes and nations at that time, you have to read about Arabic poety to understand their impact.

I also have to mention Umar ibn AbdulAziz (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umar_ibn_AbdulAziz), who is a hero in his own way, considered as one of the finest and most just rulers of Arabic/Islamic history.

hope my answer wasn't too long, especially if you took time to read more about the ones I mentioned :o as for how Saladin ranks among them, he is up there of course, I can't really say who takes #1 though.. let's say he is numero uno when it comes to the Crusades, which isn't saying much...

More history questions haha.
5. Who is the most vilified European historical figure in Arabia? (pre-20th ct) I thought Richard must have ranked pretty high up there.

it's hard to think of one, but in the common Arabic culture two particular figures come to mind, Khosrau II (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khosrau_II) and Heraclius (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heraclius), especially Khosrau or simply "Kisra" as he is called in Arabic, Kisra isn't European of course, and I'm not sure you'd consider Heraclius as European either, and he isn't that much vilified really, so I'd say Kisra takes the title of the most vilified figure.

The titles? Oh qmon, you know that's not why.
Y'all love me because I post shirtless pics of Roger and you know it.

fo sho, it's part of the package that makes Maya so :hearts:able

:lol: :p

6. Best match that you have seen this year so far.

Murray vs. Nadal in AO, shame it ended that way.

I answer the rest later...

Har-Tru
02-27-2010, 10:33 PM

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/2/27/129117832159225874.jpg

One custom lolcat down. ;)

habibko
03-01-2010, 11:52 PM
7. Imagine that Roger makes it to the finals of Wimbledon this year :woprahship: (this one survived the holocaust to tell the story muahaha). Please state the opponent in the finals and the scoreline that would
a) make you feel the best , and
b) make you feel the absolute worst

a) Federer def. Nadal 6-3, 6-2, 6-0

b) Nadal def. Federer 3-6, 4-6, 7-6(6) *Fed had 2 match points*, 6-1, 6-0

8. Being fluent in both Arabic and English, how do you approach books that have been translated from one language to another? Do you read originals or translations? And what's your general view of the way that English translates to Arabic and vice-versa?

sometimes I read the translation and sometimes I read the original depending on mood and availability, in general I think few translators succeed in a decent translation from one language to the other, and usually the translations from Arabic to English are better quality than the ones from English to Arabic.

but perhaps this is due to the fact that I'm more fluent in Arabic so my standards are higher, I'm not really sure..

9. Opinions on Marcos Baghdatis? Do you like him?

I like his attitude and character alot, but I don't particularly enjoy watching him play, I do root for him against most other players so I consider myself a fan :D

10. What are your thoughts on the brand new ATP sponsorship deal - with Corona?

I just heard about that from you, so I have no particular thoughts, I don't really care about it :o

sorry Maya for taking a long time to answer, enjoyed answering them :p

Harmless
03-01-2010, 11:58 PM
Great answers. :)
Be back tomorrow to discuss and ask more! :D

Just one right now, before I respond to the last batch:

1. With the DC underway this week, how do you feel about Saudia having little to no chances to participate in the DC on the 1st group level?
Do you think you're missing out on a tennis experience by not being able to cheer on your country's team to potential Davis Cup victory?

habibko
03-02-2010, 12:07 AM
Great answers. :)
Be back tomorrow to discuss and ask more! :D

Just one right now, before I respond to the last batch:

1. With the DC underway this week, how do you feel about Saudia having little to no chances to participate in the DC on the 1st group level?
Do you think you're missing out on a tennis experience by not being able to cheer on your country's team to potential Davis Cup victory?

it's sad because of my interest in tennis more so than patriotic emotions, I don't root for our footy team either although I feel happy when we score big victories like the one over Japan a long while ago.

but it's understandable because there is so little interest and emphasize on tennis here and most focus goes to football, even basketball is more popular than tennis, heck table tennis is more popular :tape:

looking forward to your new questions :yeah:

ExcaliburII
03-02-2010, 12:58 AM
Hello Table Tennis champ.

1) I remember you used to talk to me in MTF sometimes, now you seem to avoid me or something, do you have any problem with me? :awww:

2) Youve been an MTF member for almost 2 years and a half, rank the 3 best things that happened to you in here.

3) Tell me your 3 favourite MTF posters.

4) I heard Arab`s have a special way of seeing woman`s role in society, do you share their view?

5) What would be the ideal woman for you?

habibko
03-02-2010, 01:20 AM

hi hi Pablo :D spending ur poker money already? :p

1) I remember you used to talk to me in MTF sometimes, now you seem to avoid me or something, do you have any problem with me? :awww:

not at all! I haven't been very active in MTF lately, not much tennis is going on and I haven't even been posting in the Castle like I used to be, just not feeling very talkative lately -__-

2) Youve been an MTF member for almost 2 years and a half, rank the 3 best things that happened to you in here.

hmmmm let's see...

3- getting to know many knowledgable tennis fans and listening to their views.

2- getting to know many interesting characters and personalities, especially in ACC and the contests, loads of laughs over the drama and stuff :lol:

1- the many friendships I formed here, some of which extended to real life, I cherish them the most =)

avoiding mentioning those whom I contact personally: Arend, Kuhne and RonE.

4) I heard Arab`s have a special way of seeing woman`s role in society, do you share their view?

not all Arabs share that view, most Saudis do however, and I certainly don't share their oppressive views.

a woman whom I love.

ExcaliburII
03-02-2010, 01:30 AM
hi hi Pablo :D spending ur poker money already? :p
I dont gamble anymore :p Someone has made me realize it is not good ;)

hmmmm let's see...

3- getting to know many knowledgable tennis fans and listening to their views.

2- getting to know many interesting characters and personalities, especially in ACC and the contests, loads of laughs over the drama and stuff :lol:

1- the many friendships I formed here, some of which extended to real life, I cherish them the most =)
:yeah:

avoiding mentioning those whom I contact personally: Arend, Kuhne and RonE.
I remember you talked quite a lot to Nadine (Infini.) why isnt she on this list? :scratch: Have you met her personally too?

a woman whom I love.

What would a woman need to be loved by you? List 3 things...

habibko
03-02-2010, 01:41 AM

:yeah: now don't be the new Jordan and keep your word :o

I remember you talked quite a lot to Nadine (Infini.) why isnt she on this list? :scratch: Have you met her personally too?

because she is the obvious choice and I want to give some credit to those I don't talk often to, that's why I said I'll avoid those I know personally :rolleyes:

What would a woman need to be loved by you? List 3 things...

I don't think the girl I love needs to have certain things so I love her, so there is no answer to this since such "things" don't really exist, unless ur talking about my favorite physical features? but that's not what I'd love a girl for :shrug:

Harmless
03-02-2010, 08:55 PM
I took a leaf out of your book and felt free to perform a holocaust of smileys to your post...
Interesting term. :lol:

I'd say female jealousy is the more accurate term here Insecurity. It's a provincial thing. :p

ah that must have stirred some slashy thoughts in your pervy mind, never in doubt Neber. :angel:

I dunno about that rly, I'm not a native English speaker and certain linguistic perceptions elude me, I know Nadine uses the expression and I is likes it Muahah, okay. :devil:

I felt at peace there for many different reasons, it doesn't have much to do with the country itself but with the way I felt about the whole trip, Vienna is also immortalized in the Arab culture as an almost heavenly place because of classic songs like this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSPsuk2j5IM), of course it wasn't as I imagined it when I listened to the song as a kid it felt like a calm and serene city, and I love cities that feel like this.Wow, I seriously had no idea Wien was that idealized in Arabic culture.
It makes sense now that I think of it. Thanks for telling me that, great piece of information. :yeah:

I visited the Belvedere and Schönbrunn of course, and then many strolls in the city malls, cathedrals and city center, I also like to go at random places in the city and just walk in the streets and see the shops and stuff.

what I loved the most is seeing Vienna from Bird-eye view at the top of the Donauturm Haven't been to Donauturm, not sure if I would really enjoy that, but for sure the core of Vienna + Schönbrunn is beyond gorgeous. One of my favourite cities in the world as well. :)

I'll post 5 of my favorite sceneries I took from Japan:

sunshine behind the greeny mountains (http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss65/habibko/SN390099.jpg?t=1267306115)

rain and mist on the Hakone mountains, taken from the Onsen hotel entrance (http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss65/habibko/SN390143.jpg?t=1267307739)

ropeway to Lake Ashi, I tried to take the pic from an angle where the glass of the cabin wouldn't show and I succeeded in this one, so it looks as if I took it mid-air or something, I'm proud of it! (http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss65/habibko/PIC00013.jpg?t=1267307763)

mountain view from Lake Ashi on top of a pirate ship lol, notice how each fades more in fog in a harmonical way as you look further (http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss65/habibko/SN390117.jpg?t=1267307822)

fireballs in Disneyland Tokyo, you could feel the heat of the fireball on your face, it was scary close which made it even more exciting to watch/feel (http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss65/habibko/SN390186.jpg?t=1267307853)
They're very interesting, last one esp. :yeah:
And great descriptions!

beautiful pix! I'd love to see these places one day This is the reaction that we count on to keep our national budget in positive numbers, glad you like it. :lol:

from the warrior hero point of view, there are the Arab heroes from the Islamic era such as Umar (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umar), Ali (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ali) , Hamza (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamza_ibn_%E2%80%98Abd_al-Muttalib) and Khalid ibn al-Walid (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khalid_ibn_al-Walid), and there are the more ancient Arab heroes such as Antarah (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antarah_ibn_Shaddad) and Al-Zeir Salim (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Zeir_Salim) (this last one is controversial and isn't exactly known as a warrior per se, but he is a hero in Arabic culture nevertheless, for the wrong reasons IMO, but I digress....)

but warriors aren't the only ones revered in Arabic culture, poetry has a deep impact on culture and there are some poets whom are glorified as some sort of heroes in their own way, such as the poets of the Muallaqat (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muallaqat), Imru al-Qais (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imru%27_al-Qais) and Al-Nabigha (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Nabigha) in particular, you can add Antarah and Alzeir Salim to this category as well since they are also most famous for their poems, and you also have a legendary female poet here, Al-Khansa (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Khansa), considered one of the best elegy poets of all Arab history, you might think it's strange that I'm mentioning poets here when you ask for "heroes", but in Arabic culture poets have been more influencial and famous than many heroes therefore have to be mentioned in my opinion, they were the voice of tribes and nations at that time, you have to read about Arabic poety to understand their impact.

I also have to mention Umar ibn AbdulAziz (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umar_ibn_AbdulAziz), who is a hero in his own way, considered as one of the finest and most just rulers of Arabic/Islamic history.

hope my answer wasn't too long, especially if you took time to read more about the ones I mentioned as for how Saladin ranks among them, he is up there of course, I can't really say who takes #1 though.. let's say he is numero uno when it comes to the Crusades, which isn't saying much...

it's hard to think of one, but in the common Arabic culture two particular figures come to mind, Khosrau II (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khosrau_II) and Heraclius (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heraclius), especially Khosrau or simply "Kisra" as he is called in Arabic, Kisra isn't European of course, and I'm not sure you'd consider Heraclius as European either, and he isn't that much vilified really, so I'd say Kisra takes the title of the most vilified figure.Great explanations, thanks. :)
I've never even heard on any of them, of course :o, so it's great getting a really quick rundown on the important matters from a native. :)

fo sho, it's part of the package that makes Maya so :hearts:able
:lol:

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/2/27/129117832159225874.jpg

One custom lolcat down.
I don't get it, but okay, you can scratch one off. :p

a) Federer def. Nadal 6-3, 6-2, 6-0
Bearing Rafa's current state and form, I think most Nadal fans would take this one without blinking twice, regardless of the score. Wimbledon finals seams nearly impossible at this point. :(

b) Nadal def. Federer 3-6, 4-6, 7-6(6) *Fed had 2 match points*, 6-1, 6-0It's funny because you know it could potentially happen. :sobbing:
Roger and his ridiculous Rafa crush. :mad:

sorry Maya for taking a long time to answer, enjoyed answering them They were all great answers. :yeah:

Harmless
03-02-2010, 09:14 PM
it's sad because of my interest in tennis more so than patriotic emotions, I don't root for our footy team either although I feel happy when we score big victories like the one over Japan a long while ago.

but it's understandable because there is so little interest and emphasize on tennis here and most focus goes to football, even basketball is more popular than tennis, heck table tennis is more popular :tape:

looking forward to your new questions :yeah:
1. Table tennis is more popular than tennis in Saudia, seriously?! :eek:

2. How is sport regarded in Saudia in general? What is the official government stance on it, and what the general populistic, what kind of incentives are there for athletes, and how are successful athletes treated in terms of social standing and reputation?

3. Super hypothetical question: :D
Imagine that Gilles Muller (:inlove:) decides to switch countries and play for Saudia in stead of Luxembourg. How do you think he would be treated there? Try to think of details and bear in mind as many factors as you can, incl. career history and success(slam QF, about 56 highest career ranking), previous country and appearance.

4. Maybe it's a touchy subject, I don't know :confused:, but what is the stance on women in sport, and are there any sports that are considered "more appropriate" for women, and those that are considered "less appropriate"?

Hi there Pablin. Trying to cut away slowly at the competition, eh? :p :devil:

And a few more:

5. I asked Nadine a similar question before:
What are your guilty pleasures in:
a) Music
b) Food
c) TV
d) MTF GM posters
e) Tennis players
f) something random not fitting into any of the previous categories

6. What's the most common breed of dog in Saudia? What's your favourite breed of dog?

7. What's the best, and what the worse, sounding language that you've ever heard?

8. Favourite films? And do you have any good Arabic films to recommend I see?

9. What's your favourite film, that was not in English, and not in any form of Arabic either?

Har-Tru
03-02-2010, 09:19 PM
Maya what don't you get about it? It's supposed to mean your jokes are bad and that face is the normal reaction to them. :nerner:

But okay, let's not make it count. Still three to go. :armed:

Harmless
03-02-2010, 09:23 PM
Maya what don't you get about it? It's supposed to mean your jokes are bad and that face is the normal reaction to them. :nerner:

But okay, let's not make it count. Still three to go. :armed:
Ah, so it was an insult, I'm so bad at cat empathing. :lol:
Nah, it's okay, two more will suffice. I'll just PM Rosie to translate them for me if I have any more problems. :p

habibko
03-02-2010, 10:47 PM
1. Table tennis is more popular than tennis in Saudia, seriously?!

I don't mean TV ratings of international competitions lol, surely tennis is more popular in this regard, I mean participation, well naturally it's easier to go to a gym and hit balls rather than look for tennis courts (and they are so few), reserve them in advance and look for partners, you can play table tennis almost anywhere, alot of ppl have a table in their home (like me) and college gyms are full of them, even those youth resorts that you can reserve for parties and stuff have tables there, and everyone likes to pick a paddle and try it out, and many are really good at it!

it's funny because when I was in France I had a REALLY hard time finding a place to play table tennis, in Amiens we had to travel around the whole city looking for a gym and when we FINALLY found one that had a table it was closed till next month :mad: and in France the only place we found is outdoors in a park and the table was made of steel or something, the wind was wrecking havoc with the ball and it always fell in water and mud :o but hey I won all matches :banana: :devil:

2. How is sport regarded in Saudia in general? What is the official government stance on it, and what the general populistic, what kind of incentives are there for athletes, and how are successful athletes treated in terms of social standing and reputation?

big support I guess, especially for football which is super popular, the king himself attends the finals and presents the trophy himself which is considered a massive honor for players, and they are paid really well and their social standing and reputation are top notch, unfortunately this is pretty much exclusive to football players and other sports have much lesser recognition and support, which is a shame :(

3. Super hypothetical question:
Imagine that Gilles Muller (:inlove:) decides to switch countries and play for Saudia in stead of Luxembourg. How do you think he would be treated there? Try to think of details and bear in mind as many factors as you can, incl. career history and success(slam QF, about 56 highest career ranking), previous country and appearance.

:haha: :haha: ah Maya you can be so lovely at times :hug: :kiss:

I assume he'd get more support than any other Saudi tennis player got, we tend to pamper those foreign players in football so I'd scale it over tennis as well, but hey who cares about that, Muller would pose in the Thobe and you get to drool over some new unique pix (and we all know how rare those are..don't we?), this is the most important impact!! ;) :lol:

what if Federer decided to become a Saudi? he already lives in Dubai and has a home there, and he likes Arabic cuisine :drool: just imagine....

http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss65/habibko/FedererArab.png?t=1267569499

:hearts: :inlove: :worship:

4. Maybe it's a touchy subject, I don't know, but what is the stance on women in sport, and are there any sports that are considered "more appropriate" for women, and those that are considered "less appropriate"?

no women in the Saudi Olympic team, women aren't allowed to attend football matches to watch them from the stands, girls have no physical education classes in school, it's an absolute embarrassment, they can only play sports indoors and in very limited facilities, but these things are about to change in the upcoming years and society is getting more liberal and less tribal, when some girls appeard on TV playing football (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvBFlcPyBpQ) here in Jeddah it didn't cause as much controversy as imagined, so things are getting better and I'm hopeful because it's fucking embarrassing that my sisters suck at sports because of this!!! :fiery:

bonus time: Saudi women playing tennis appearing on TV:

cETfIxNy2H0

the rest comes later :D

ExcaliburII
03-02-2010, 11:42 PM
1) Hey son, want a piece of me?

:dance:

habibko
03-02-2010, 11:45 PM
1) Hey son, want a piece of me?

bring it :armed: :boxing:

Gretchen.
03-03-2010, 12:08 AM

*cough* Nadine *cough*

:p

Sorry Habs I have no questions yet just wanted to point out this obvious piece of information. :angel:

habibko
03-03-2010, 02:05 AM
now that I think about it.... why bother with the holocaust when I'm dividing your post anyway? :retard:

5. I asked Nadine a similar question before:
What are your guilty pleasures in:
a) Music

I hate Rap and Hip-hop, but I was quite obsessed with this song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKDdT_nyP54) for a while :o :o my brother would always make me listen to rap songs and I'd always lecture him about how disgusting they are and then I listened to this song and secretly downloaded it and kept listening to it when I was in car driving alone :tape:

recently this song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrO4YZeyl0I) too.... :o

b) Food

marshmallows :o

c) TV

hmmm, pre-historic documentaries and dinosaurs and stuff? you'd think I'm too old for that stuff :lol:

d) MTF GM posters

rubbERR :o

e) Tennis players

Thomaz Bellucci, man this is embarrassing..

f) something random not fitting into any of the previous categories

answering these questions.....

6. What's the most common breed of dog in Saudia? What's your favourite breed of dog?

guard dogs in general, the Doberman and German Shepherd in particular, my favorite breed of dogs is the Golden Retriever and a certain dog I found in Japan and took pix with, someone told me which breed he was but I forgot now, here's a pic (http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss65/habibko/SN390124-1.jpg?t=1267580486).

7. What's the best, and what the worse, sounding language that you've ever heard?

German sounds pretty harsh to my ears and I don't like it, while I like how French and Romanian sounds, oh also Lebanese Arabic :inlove:

the last 2 questions come later, btw since you like the pix I take, this one I took a couple weeks ago, I thought it's a cool angle to show a kite in your hand from a 100 meters..

http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss65/habibko/12022010624.jpg?t=1267581904

Harmless
11-29-2010, 08:11 PM
Hello. :hatoff:

1. Do you, and how, celebrate the Christmas season?

2. What do you most expect to change in your life after you've graduated with your medical degree?

3. If one bunny is infinitely cute, and two are brain-meltingly cute, would a bunch of bunnies in one place make the universe implode, or create world peace?

4. If you were ever elected as Miss World, what would have been your promises for your year of reign, and how do you think you would, historically, stand out from other Miss Worlds?

5. Please join these posters with their most probable double accounts on MTF:
i) Clydey
ii) finishingmove
iii) StartdaGame
iv) Snoo Foo
v) Har-Tru
vi) Dini
vii) Getta
viii) Eden
ix) me
x) yourself

6. Please state which ATP player is most likely secretly hiding behind these MTF posters. Also, how much do you agree/disagree with my speculations, to the right in italics:
- Bilbo (Roddick)
- careergrandslam (Clement)
- Clay Death (Christophe Rochus)
- Sapeod (Koellerer)
- sammy01 (Verdasco)
- Serenidad (Feli Lopez)
- l_mac (Federer)
- tennizen (Tipsarevic)
- Dual Media (Isner and Querrey's joint account, iPhone access only)
- Crazy Girl (Rafa. u no it makes sense... :p)

:devil:

DualMedia
11-29-2010, 08:25 PM
Am i your favorite middle eastern 15 year old on this site?

buddyholly
11-29-2010, 10:55 PM
What do you think of the leak that the Saudis want the US to take out Iran's nuclear facilities? Previously you said it was impossible that the Saudis would give Israel an air corridor to launch a strike against Iran.

Given that the Royal Family is so anxious to ''cut off the head of the snake'', don't you now think it likely they would accept an offer from anyone, even Israel?

habibko
11-29-2010, 11:07 PM
Maya :speakles: so good to see you around as always :hug: I don't miss anyone from MTF as much as you when you're gone :sobbing: now that you're around I feel like this baby here

cXXm696UbKY

8. Favourite films?

it's tough to pick my favorite films since it depends on what I remember now and the genre in question, I can't just pick 3 top movies just like that :/ but if I must here's some of my favorite films:

The Fly
A Beautiful Mind
Scent of a Woman
The Terminal
Doctor Zhivago
Lolita
Waking Life
Pearl Harbor
Sleepless in Seattle
Sleepwalkers
The Matrix
Constantine
Howl's Moving Castle
Spirited Away
Kiki's Delivery Service
Lion King
The Hunchback of Notre Dame
Kate & Leopold
The Prestige
Mortal Kombat
Anaconda
Deep Impact
Armageddon
The Count of Monte Cristo
The Mask of Zorro
V for Vendetta
Save the Last Dance

(almost all of these are movies I watched in my younger days so a lot of nostalgia involved here, they aren't particularly the best movies ever, just my personal favorites)

And do you have any good Arabic films to recommend I see?

there aren't many outstanding Arabic movies worth recommending, we are quite weak in this field (except in the old black and white era, in which Egy[t had its golden age of Arabic cinema), but I recommend the following two movies which you can watch on YouTube:

4gkvj30aNiE

JRHrASh_7wc

9. What's your favourite film, that was not in English, and not in any form of Arabic either?

you mean a foreign film from my point of view? I'll go with a Japanese animated film here, and I'll pick Hayao Miyazaki's Howl's Moving Castle.

habibko
11-30-2010, 12:46 AM
Hello. :hatoff:

sorry about forgetting to reply to your last two questions, I have a bad memory :sobbing:

1. Do you, and how, celebrate the Christmas season?

I don't, and you can't find any Christmas related stuff on sales here as it's banned, when one of my friends asked me to bring her a Santa Claus hat from Europe I had to smuggle it inside one of my jeans, I was so worried at the airport :scared:

on a related note, a long time ago I was wearing a red shirt and the religious police stopped me and asked me why are you wearing red? I told them I always wear red, it's my favorite color! they said no you are wearing this because it's the Valentine's day, I didn't even have an idea it was that day then, I told them really? Happy Valentine's day then! I can assure you they didn't laugh on that one.... but at least they let me go in peace :unsure:

so it's against the law to wear anything red on Valentine's Day here, how retarded is that :cuckoo:

2. What do you most expect to change in your life after you've graduated with your medical degree?

less time spent on the internet that's for sure, work will not leave me with much time :sad: also marriage if I found the right girl

3. If one bunny is infinitely cute, and two are brain-meltingly cute, would a bunch of bunnies in one place make the universe implode, or create world peace?

you reminded me of this video

XyuYiOrJiLU

now if only someone would do a bunny equivalent of it, we'll know the answer to your question :p btw I'm surprised you haven't had enough of bunnies with my questions :rolls: here's bunnies with a nice Indian song

qRjQPth7fmA

4. If you were ever elected as Miss World, what would have been your promises for your year of reign, and how do you think you would, historically, stand out from other Miss Worlds?

MISS?!?! http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss65/habibko/wanker.gif I'd have answered this question if you said "I" instead of "you", you'd make a fine Miss World :inlove:

did you know that there's a Mr World competition as well? check their site (http://www.pageantopolis.com/international/mr_world.htm), it isn't as famous as Miss World for some reason, it isn't even held regularly, why the lack of interest I wonder, hmmm....

5. Please join these posters with their most probable double accounts on MTF:

i) Clydey = Sapeod, both Scottish, Murray fanatics, the wild juvenile persona

ii) finishingmove = Arend, for a while I really thought he was Arsen's (notice the similarly?) double account since Arend posted mostly while Arsen wasn't around, both fans of Djokovic with a brilliant sense of humor.

iii) StartdaGame = Clay Death, both Indians, delusional Rafatards, very rude and offensive, waste of time and space.

iv) Snoo Foo = l_mac, they are both passive aggressive Rafatards and part of the Lipgloss brigade, both quite smart but use their wits in a more catty bitchy way, though I like Snoo's sense of humor more.

v) Har-Tru = habibko, for a while I was amazed by how much we had in common in interests and personality-wise, plus we used each other's accounts when we posted from the same internet cafe in Cologne so there's even solid proof!

vi) Dini = Orka_n, even though I don't know Orka too closely, I've noticed some striking similarities between them in the past, and even accused Nadine of it in her spotlight thread.

vii) Getta = q.j., both intelligent level-headed ladies, they have a similar aura of sorts.

viii) Eden = Federer's Mate, I can see your :speakles: over this pick lol, but here's my reasoning, someone as nice, perfect, respectful and well behaved as Doris has got to be repressing way too much of what Carl Jung calls "the shadow", in which case this shadow has got to be quite huge, therefore our current ACC champ and the most vocal, sinister, confrontational and provoking Fedtard is my pick as the personification of her shadow :devil:

ix) me = Gretchen, both are smart, attractive, interesting and very fun to talk to, and you both share an interest in spotlight threads and make great hosts of them :D

x) yourself = ???, I wrote myself for Hosay above, besides that I don't really know anyone here who I can call my double account, how about you pick one for me? :p

6. Please state which ATP player is most likely secretly hiding behind these MTF posters. Also, how much do you agree/disagree with my speculations, to the right in italics:

- Bilbo (Roddick)

:spit: I'll go with Cilic, the introverted youngster has an MTF persona where he always bashes Berdych and Gulbis since they play sorta similar to him, and he's jealous of the first for his success and the 2nd for having too many fangirls and being more charismatic.

- careergrandslam (Clement)

your picks are weird... can I also pick from tennis related people? it will be more accurate than players in some cases, in which case here I'll go with Xisca.

- Clay Death (Christophe Rochus)

Rochus? lol wut? I'm interested in your reasoning behind your picks now, I'll go with Uncle Toni.

- Sapeod (Koellerer)

Jamie Murray

- sammy01 (Verdasco)

Dmitry Tursunov

- Serenidad (Feli Lopez)

Daniel Brands

- l_mac (Federer)

:spit:

Judy Murray

- tennizen (Tipsarevic)

Tipsarevic would be Arend or finishingmove

Sania Mirza

- Dual Media (Isner and Querrey's joint account, iPhone access only)

Serena Williams' secret daughter from a wild night with an Arab.

- Crazy Girl (Rafa. u no it makes sense... :p)

Svetlana Kuznetsova.

habibko
11-30-2010, 01:17 AM
Am i your favorite middle eastern 15 year old on this site?

yes, because there aren't any other middle eastern 15 year olds that I know of here.

kidding :hug: your "have no fear! Kay is here" always made me laugh, see I remember :p

now if only you could ease up on the Serena love..

habibko
11-30-2010, 01:36 AM
What do you think of the leak that the Saudis want the US to take out Iran's nuclear facilities? Previously you said it was impossible that the Saudis would give Israel an air corridor to launch a strike against Iran.

Given that the Royal Family is so anxious to ''cut off the head of the snake'', don't you now think it likely they would accept an offer from anyone, even Israel?

well the leaks didn't mention Israel, and I still don't think King Abdullah would ask or allow Israel to do such a thing, even if Saudi Arabia feels threatened by Iran it doesn't mean it favors Israel over it, Israel is an enemy state and Saudis aren't even allowed to visit Israel (if you have an Israeli stamp on your passport you are denied entry, foreign diplomats are exempt) that's not the case with Iran.

I'm surprised by what the leaks report that the king personally asked the US to attack, "cut off the head of the snake" does sound like something he would say (it translates from a famous saying here and it's his way of talking), but I don't know how reliable those reports are, no official response from the government here either, it will be very interesting to hear their comments in the upcoming days.

buddyholly
11-30-2010, 03:38 AM
Thanks for the answer. It was not meant to provoke. The co-operation between Iran and North Korea is shaping up as the main threat to civilization these days.
The only person I have heard say the reports are not authentic is Ahmadinejad, which probably can be taken as confirmation. But they are not just ''reports'', they are actual documents hacked from computers.

finishingmove
11-30-2010, 03:41 AM
of course, he won't tell you this but... habibko thought Chiseller was my double account.

that's just racist :rolleyes:

Chiseller
11-30-2010, 04:46 AM
Wut, just because I'm black?

Gretchen.
11-30-2010, 03:24 PM
I don't, and you can't find any Christmas related stuff on sales here as it's banned, when one of my friends asked me to bring her a Santa Claus hat from Europe I had to smuggle it inside one of my jeans, I was so worried at the airport :scared:

:haha: :haha: I'm sorry but I seriously snorted when I read this. :rolls:

Aloimeh
12-01-2010, 02:01 AM
Thanks for the answer. It was not meant to provoke. The co-operation between Iran and North Korea is shaping up as the main threat to civilization these days.
The only person I have heard say the reports are not authentic is Ahmadinejad, which probably can be taken as confirmation. But they are not just ''reports'', they are actual documents hacked from computers.

Ahahahaha. Your understanding of history is as abominable as your understanding of biology. :rolleyes:

Aloimeh
12-01-2010, 02:04 AM
Habibko, how did you apostasize to atheism?

If I came to Saudi Arabia, what would happen to my large personal Bible in my suitcase at the airport? Would the mutaween take it and throw it away?

habibko
12-01-2010, 02:20 AM
Habibko, how did you apostasize to atheism?

If I came to Saudi Arabia, what would happen to my large personal Bible in my suitcase at the airport? Would the mutaween take it and throw it away?

I didn't apostasize to atheism, I reject what contradicts science and logic in religion, but I don't deny the possible existence of a God, so I can't consider myself a hardcore atheist, I'm simply too logical and open minded to have a blind faith about any matter, irreligious is more accurate to describe my beliefs.

nothing will happen to your personal Bible, you are free to practice your religion here as long as you do it privately.

Aloimeh
12-01-2010, 02:29 AM
I didn't apostasize to atheism, I reject what contradicts science and logic in religion, but I don't deny the possible existence of a God, so I can't consider myself a hardcore atheist, I'm simply too logical and open minded to have a blind faith about any matter, irreligious is more accurate to describe my beliefs.

nothing will happen to your personal Bible, you are free to practice your religion here as long as you do it privately.

Is it true that infidels who die in Saudi and get buried there are encased in a steel coffin?

habibko
12-01-2010, 02:40 AM
Is it true that infidels who die in Saudi and get buried there are encased in a steel coffin?

I never heard of this one, I know there is a Christian graveyard here in Jeddah with crosses and all, the only condition the country has is that they aren't buried in a Muslim graveyard, so they have their own graveyards.

however in most cases, the body of the dead is transferred to his country of origin as his family wants.

icecastle
12-01-2010, 02:55 AM
Hi Habib! :wavey:

I have a few questions if you dont mind.

1. How and when did your fascination with Japanese things started?

2. What are your all-time fave animes?

3. What specialization are you leaning towards to after you finish your medical degree?

Thanks in advance! :D

DualMedia
12-01-2010, 07:21 PM
yes, because there aren't any other middle eastern 15 year olds that I know of here.

kidding :hug: your "have no fear! Kay is here" always made me laugh, see I remember :p

now if only you could ease up on the Serena love..

have no fear, Kay is here! :D lol, did i tell you i gre a little? 5'3:D 5'3 today to 6'4 tommorow!:p

habibko
12-01-2010, 10:51 PM
Hi Habib! :wavey:

I have a few questions if you dont mind.

I don't mind at all Lynn :hug: that's what the thread is for :p

1. How and when did your fascination with Japanese things started?

at a very very young age, I used to watch Arabic-dubbed animes as a child before I even started talking, I was obsessed with this one for instance

tW8JKCouIA4

I would spend hours and hours watching it when I was 3 years old, and I was a late speaker as I only started speaking at 4 years 6 months old, and when I did speak I spoke in classical Arabic just like the characters in Grendizer did :rolls: you can imagine the shock of my parents and family, I was like the show of the party for a while (say this! say that!), unfortunately my Arabic got corrupted shortly afterwards -____-

2. What are your all-time fave animes?

Death Note
Detective Conan
Mai HiME
Tsubasa Chronicle
Hikaru no Go
Rurouni Kenshin
FullMetal Alchemist
School Days
Fruits Basket
Midori no Hibi

honorable mention to the following:

Elfen Lied
Claymore
Basilisk
.hack//SIGN
Vampire Princess Miyu
Fushigi Yuugi

3. What specialization are you leaning towards to after you finish your medical degree?

haven't made up my mind yet, but I'm leaning towards anesthesiology for now.

Thanks in advance! :D

no problem :hug: :D

habibko
12-01-2010, 10:54 PM
have no fear, Kay is here! :D lol, did i tell you i gre a little? 5'3:D 5'3 today to 6'4 tommorow!:p

congrats! keep it up :bigclap:

but isn't 6'4 too much for a girl.. :unsure:

Certinfy
12-01-2010, 10:54 PM
Is it true you're Justin Bieber's biggest fan?

habibko
12-01-2010, 11:06 PM
:haha: :haha: I'm sorry but I seriously snorted when I read this. :rolls:

snorted http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss65/habibko/mmm.png

http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss65/habibko/snorted2.jpg

habibko
12-01-2010, 11:09 PM

as true as you being Federer's biggest fan :cool:

ShotmaKer
12-01-2010, 11:10 PM

Word on the street is he won all of Bieber's diapers that were auctioned on ebay.

Certinfy
12-01-2010, 11:10 PM
Which explains why I was rooting for him madly against Rafa last sunday. :lol:

Is it true Kay is really your daughter? :eek:

Djou :haha:

ShotmaKer
12-01-2010, 11:12 PM
When does Habib plan to answer the questions I have for him in my ITS thread ? :(

Gretchen.
12-01-2010, 11:25 PM
snorted http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss65/habibko/mmm.png

http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss65/habibko/snorted2.jpg

Nononononononono snort like this:

TgBwOC2nK9I

:haha:

habibko
12-01-2010, 11:27 PM
Word on the street is he won all of Bieber's diapers that were auctioned on ebay.

:bolt:

Which explains why I was rooting for him madly against Rafa last sunday. :lol:

Djou :haha:

at least you took the side of good against evil for once , O Dark One :rolleyes:

sure, everyone knows I was riding booties at 10 years old -___-

habibko
12-01-2010, 11:31 PM
When does Habib plan to answer the questions I have for him in my ITS thread ? :(

I didn't even see your thread man! I just checked and only found this one:

habibko : Did you drink any water since the last time we met ? How come you're a med student, and yet you don't drink no water ? (I thought it was good for one's health to at least drink 1 liter 1/2 of water everyday :p)

hmmm, I think I can count the times I drank pure water, anywhere from 5 to 10 times I guess, only when I found nothing else and was really thirsty in uni, but I'm making an effort lately, I put this in water to help me drink it

http://blogs.redding.com/mbeauchamp/archives/Tang.gif

works well :yeah: and yeah I know it isn't good, but it's not like I can help it :tears:

Gretchen.
12-01-2010, 11:31 PM
sure, everyone knows I was riding booties at 10 years old -___-

Hahahaha omg, stop it. :haha: :haha:

ShotmaKer
12-01-2010, 11:37 PM
Hahahaha omg, stop it. :haha: :haha:

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/funny-pictures-cat-takes-bad-photos-when-he-drinks-tequila.jpg

habibko
12-01-2010, 11:38 PM
Nononononononono snort like this:

TgBwOC2nK9I

mm how sexy!

I was looking for a funny girl laugh and came across this

NZ0HrOF9If0

her laugh reminds me of Mario for some reason, you know like the sound effects of him jumping? :lol:

ShotmaKer
12-01-2010, 11:38 PM
I didn't even see your thread man! I just checked and only found this one:

hmmm, I think I can count the times I drank pure water, anywhere from 5 to 10 times I guess, only when I found nothing else and was really thirsty in uni, but I'm making an effort lately, I put this in water to help me drink it

http://blogs.redding.com/mbeauchamp/archives/Tang.gif

works well :yeah: and yeah I know it isn't good, but it's not like I can help it :tears:

Duude, drink some water :sobbing:

Gretchen.
12-01-2010, 11:40 PM
You don't drink water? :spit:

habibko
12-01-2010, 11:48 PM
Duude, drink some water :sobbing:

http://pookey.co.uk/gallery2/d/4946-1/donotwant.jpg

You don't drink water? :spit:

http://www.lolcaption.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/funny-signs-do-not-drink-the-water-the-fish-crap-in-it.jpg

yeah I don't, only juices and soft drinks :sport:

Ivanatis
12-02-2010, 02:15 AM
habib:hatoff:

Roger won a big tournament again:woohoo: hopefully the same in Melbourne

you ever heard of animated series Mila Superstar (about volleyball) or Captain Tsubasa (about football)? both from Japan and they were/are quite popular here in Germany, probably more for kids than grown-ups, but I loved them as a child and just downloaded a few episodes:dance:

Crazy Girl
12-02-2010, 02:18 AM
Deck!!!!! Ciao!!!! I've Voted For You In Pop Contest!!! I Love You, Babe!!!

Ivanatis
12-02-2010, 02:20 AM
crazy ragazza:wavey: don't make me blush:o I saw it, thanks for the vote,
if I remember right, I voted you too, hope you're benissimo:)

Ivanatis
12-02-2010, 02:22 AM
and what's with that sig, OMG:rolls:

Crazy Girl
12-02-2010, 02:32 AM
and what's with that sig, OMG:rolls:

thanks!!! thanks 1000!!! I've seen it!!!

About my sig: I would like to rep sometimes to some rafatards: "Lick my p...but I advice you: I've washed her Sunday and now is Saturday..."

Ivanatis
12-02-2010, 02:35 AM
:haha::haha::haha:

finishingmove
12-02-2010, 02:36 AM
yeah I don't, only juices and soft drinks :sport:

bro, that's some sick shieet :eek:

habibko
12-02-2010, 02:38 AM
habib:hatoff:

Roger won a big tournament again:woohoo: hopefully the same in Melbourne

you ever heard of animated series Mila Superstar (about volleyball) or Captain Tsubasa (about football)? both from Japan and they were/are quite popular here in Germany, probably more for kids than grown-ups, but I loved them as a child and just downloaded a few episodes:dance:

his win meant so much to me, for him to prove that he can still beat the top players at this age and prove that he's well motivated to compete at the highest level is really reassuring, and let's not even get started on the style in which he did it, it was a pleasure :worship: I don't care how many slams he's got left in him, I hope to see more of that Roger in 2011 playing that well, that's all I ask for :bounce: (let's face it, who's gonna stop him if he did? results are bound to follow ;) )

haven't watched Mila Superstar, but of course I know Captain Tsubasa! it's one of the most famous dubbed animes here, used to watch it as a child, and I remember loving this song a lot :inlove:

ykKi5UmGiG8

man you're bringing back memories :tears:

habibko
12-02-2010, 02:41 AM
CG :haha: you're one of a kind :worship:

habibko
12-02-2010, 02:44 AM
bro, that's some sick shieet :eek:

surely I'm not the only one in the world :scratch:

what can I do, I get nauseous when I drink pure water :sad:

finishingmove
12-02-2010, 02:48 AM
surely I'm not the only one in the world :scratch:

what can I do, I get nauseous when I drink pure water :sad:

which one, bottled or tap?

is the quality of water that bad there?

habibko
12-02-2010, 03:02 AM
which one, bottled or tap?

is the quality of water that bad there?

nothing wrong with quality, and any water as long as it's pure, even Evian :help:

dunno why I keep being asked about this, I'm not an alien believe me :o

Crazy Girl
12-02-2010, 03:02 AM
CG :haha: you're one of a kind :worship::hug::hug::hug::hug::lol::lol:
Better so!! Too many CG..too many casinos!!

Habib, Dini is Nadine (right?) Infinityfed?
So, strange that she didn't vote for me in pop contest...?:confused:
However, she is my friend and I've voted for her.:):)

habibko
12-02-2010, 03:11 AM
:hug::hug::hug::hug::lol::lol:
Better so!! Too many CG..too many casinos!!

Habib, Dini is Nadine (right?) Infinityfed?
So, strange that she didn't vote for me in pop contest...?:confused:
However, she is my friend and I've voted for her.:):)

yeah she is, dunno why she didn't :scratch: but you had a tough opponent in R1, forum is full of Rafatards that don't like Roger fans, one of the reasons Federer's mate won over Start da fail in ACC, so you had it rough, but I voted for you :hug:

Crazy Girl
12-02-2010, 03:22 AM
yeah she is, dunno why she didn't :scratch: but you had a tough opponent in R1, forum is full of Rafatards that don't like Roger fans, one of the reasons Federer's mate won over Start da fail in ACC, so you had it rough, but I voted for you :hug::smooch::smooch::smooch:

Ivanatis
12-02-2010, 08:03 PM
his win meant so much to me, for him to prove that he can still beat the top players at this age and prove that he's well motivated to compete at the highest level is really reassuring, and let's not even get started on the style in which he did it, it was a pleasure :worship: I don't care how many slams he's got left in him, I hope to see more of that Roger in 2011 playing that well, that's all I ask for :bounce: (let's face it, who's gonna stop him if he did? results are bound to follow ;) )

haven't watched Mila Superstar, but of course I know Captain Tsubasa! it's one of the most famous dubbed animes here, used to watch it as a child, and I remember loving this song a lot :inlove:

ykKi5UmGiG8

man you're bringing back memories :tears:

:yeah: for the words about Fed, support all of it, also love how he seems to be quite determined to play at least until his mid 30s if he stays healthy; I think if he wanted to stop anytime soon, he would have done it right after the twins were born or at the end of the season; even if he's not peak Fed most of the time anymore, I have no doubt that he's still really hungry

good song, heard it for the first time though, here they're playing some german-dubbed songs and the characters are also dubbed; CT is a bit unrealistic sometimes, but with all the heart put in it by the creators it really doesn't matter at all, great stuff:yeah:

Eden
12-02-2010, 08:30 PM

Well said Habib :yeah:

It's great to see how motivated he still is even though he nearly achieved everything in tennis and has a family now which he adores. But he loves to play and isn't afraid of losing.
The working relationship with Annacone is clicking and I can't wait for the new season :)

Some questions:

1) Which were your favourite matches of the past season?

2) How do you rate the season in general? What has been good, what was most disappointing?

3) Which word describes MTF best this year?

4) What's the first thread you generally open on MTF?

5) If you were allowed to have anything for free from one store, what store would you pick?

6) Which addictions do you have? (Healthy and unhealthy)

7) What is your earliest memory?

8) If you had lots of money to spend, which charity would you donate this money too and why?

9) Have you ever changed your opinion about a tennisplayer (either positive or negative)? If yes, what was the reason for it?

10) Which “disappeared” MTFer do you most want to see return?

11) If you had to cut expenses, what's the first thing you'd give up?

12) Person you wish lived next door? (friend, famous person..)

13) What's the one thing that goes everywhere with you when you travel?

14) How long can you go without being on the internet?

15) You can ask 5 different members of MTF 2 questions. Who would you ask and what would you like to get to know?

Thanks in advance for answering :)

DualMedia
12-02-2010, 08:40 PM
Daddy, how was your day?

icecastle
12-03-2010, 05:06 AM
^^^ :lol:

habibko
12-04-2010, 12:55 AM
:yeah: for the words about Fed, support all of it, also love how he seems to be quite determined to play at least until his mid 30s if he stays healthy; I think if he wanted to stop anytime soon, he would have done it right after the twins were born or at the end of the season; even if he's not peak Fed most of the time anymore, I have no doubt that he's still really hungry

good song, heard it for the first time though, here they're playing some german-dubbed songs and the characters are also dubbed; CT is a bit unrealistic sometimes, but with all the heart put in it by the creators it really doesn't matter at all, great stuff:yeah:

looking back now it was quite over-dramatic to say the least :lol: but were kids back then and cheering hard :rocker2: my favorite player was Kojiro Hyuga (the guy who shoots with a tiger lol), awesomeness!

this was also one of my faves old animes, based on the famous novel (Treasure Island)

yfH_KA2JXyo

have you watched any other animes? one of the new ones?

habibko
12-04-2010, 01:43 AM
Well said Habib :yeah:

It's great to see how motivated he still is even though he nearly achieved everything in tennis and has a family now which he adores. But he loves to play and isn't afraid of losing.
The working relationship with Annacone is clicking and I can't wait for the new season :)

me too :bounce: Federer is STILL Betterer :rocker2:

Some questions:

you've asked me a few of them before :o for which I'll quote my older reply unless there's some change since then :p

1) Which were your favourite matches of the past season?

Doha Final: Davydenko def. Nadal 0–6, 7–6(8), 6–4

AO QF: Murray def. Nadal 6-3, 7-6(2), 3-0 ret.

AO Final: Federer def. Murray 6-3, 6-4, 7-6(11)

Stockholm Final: Federer def. Mayer 6–4, 6–3

WTF Final: Federer def. Nadal 6–3, 3–6, 6–1

2) How do you rate the season in general? What has been good, what was most disappointing?

the very beginning and very end were great, the absence of Davydenko and Del Potro from the mix at the top was most disappointing :sad: along with Federer's loss to Berdych in Wimbledon.

overall the season has been sub-par, the only noteworthy match from it is the Isner/Mahut epic.

3) Which word describes MTF best this year?

frivolous

4) What's the first thread you generally open on MTF?

the one with the most recent post in my User CP page under "New Subscribed Threads"

5) If you were allowed to have anything for free from one store, what store would you pick?

some years ago I'd have said the biggest store I can find in Akihabara, Tokyo, which should cover all video games and anime, but now I'm not as enthusiastic about them, so I dunno, maybe a luxurious car dealer so I could finally get the car of my dreams? (Maybach Exelero :sobbing: )

6) Which addictions do you have? (Healthy and unhealthy)

healthy: reading books, not a single day passes unless I read at least 20 pages, be it free reading or medical ones, not counting online reading.

unhealthy: Coca Cola, I drink anything from 4-6 cans per day.

7) What is your earliest memory?

celebrating Eid with my family, I was about 4 years old.

8) If you had lots of money to spend, which charity would you donate this money too and why?

I'd fund and establish free hospitals to treat those who need health care and can't afford it, free of charge, because we need a lot of these here.

9) Have you ever changed your opinion about a tennisplayer (either positive or negative)? If yes, what was the reason for it?

I did about Djokovic since he stopped quitting and retiring left and right, I don't think he retired since AO 2009 against Roddick, which is a great improvement.

10) Which “disappeared” MTFer do you most want to see return?

Arend (Joris) :sobbing:

also HeretiC and q.j. :sad:

11) If you had to cut expenses, what's the first thing you'd give up?

buying video games, although I do that so rarely these days.

12) Person you wish lived next door? (friend, famous person..)

the real answer is private and I don't want to lie about it so I'll give this one a pass.

13) What's the one thing that goes everywhere with you when you travel?

my phone, my wallet and my spare glasses :cool:

14) How long can you go without being on the internet?

as long as I'm forced to! when given access I have to come online at least once daily.

15) You can ask 5 different members of MTF 2 questions. Who would you ask and what would you like to get to know?

I thought really hard about this and couldn't come up except with one question and one thing I want to know about only 2 posters

Arend: why did you suddenly leave MTF like this, are you coming back?

Harmless: I'd like to know how she looks like

Thanks in advance for answering :)

no problem, always enjoy answering your questions Doris :hug:

habibko
12-04-2010, 01:55 AM
Daddy, how was your day?

this marks the first time I've ever been called daddy in my life... :unsure:

and I always wanted to hear it first from my son/daughter :sad: you ruined it Kay :( oh wait I still didn't hear it, I just read it :lol:

my day has been good, more importantly, have you been a good girl lately? :rolleyes:

fast_clay
12-04-2010, 02:03 AM
habib.... i once ate camel... was good...

hmmm... i dont have a question to ask, i just wanted to let you know that i ate camel...

habibko
12-04-2010, 02:26 AM
habib.... i once ate camel... was good...

hmmm... i dont have a question to ask, i just wanted to let you know that i ate camel...

:lol: did it taste good? I've never tried it but I ate horse before, it tasted great! I also tried Uromastyx meat, it's a common lizard here and tastes good hehe, you can watch an American dude trying it in this vid, starting from 3:10

ogqPraoar4o

fast_clay
12-04-2010, 02:36 AM
ogqPraoar4o

man cannot live on beer alone... heh heh, them guys were taking the piss out of that seppo, having some good fun with him :lol: ... looked pretty well prepared, i would have had a go...

Harmless
12-05-2010, 12:43 AM
Thanks for all the answers. :dance:
You write so quickly and you can respond to so much in such a short period of time. I love reading your replies but I'm afraid I can't keep up with you and quote everything. :sobbing:

I'd rather ask more questions. :p

1. You mention you read a lot, what was the best book you've ever read? (not necessarily your favourite book)
2. The worst book you've ever read, and what do you think went so wrong with it?
3. If you had never gone to Med School, which Uni do you think you would have chosen?
4. Do you think you'll ever want to go back to uni and start in a whole new field after you get your degree, or are you set on medicine being your lifelong career?
5. How well-respected is the medical profession in Arabia? More, less, or equal than in European countries?
6. Have you read Jung? What are your thoughts on his work and theories?
7. With Saudi sheikhs having the reputation of being obscenely wealthy, I imagine that there has to be a huge degree of economic inequality in SA. Are there ever any signs of public revolt or discontent about it? And how do you see this issue developing in the future?
8. What is the general Saudi opinion of Turkey? What are some of the misconceptions and stereotypes that people apply to Turkey and the Turkish people?
9. What are the most common tourist destinations for Arabic people, both local and international?
10. Among Saudi doctors, is there any degree of recognition and respect for traditional folk medicine, or is it as scowled at as in Europe and America? How do they see the difference between "Eastern" and "Western" medicine and where do they place theselves on that scale?

Also, hey, don't change my Miss World question :mad:, it was a legitimately silly question. :cool:
I just thought you'd make a cool miss world. :awww: Having the contest limited to only one sex and judged by just their appearance is sexist and burgeois anyway, don't you think? :rolleyes: :p

Ivanatis
12-05-2010, 12:47 AM
looking back now it was quite over-dramatic to say the least :lol: but were kids back then and cheering hard :rocker2: my favorite player was Kojiro Hyuga (the guy who shoots with a tiger lol), awesomeness!

this was also one of my faves old animes, based on the famous novel (Treasure Island)

yfH_KA2JXyo

have you watched any other animes? one of the new ones?

I always admired the goalies, Wakabayashi:worship: and even the hostile keeper from the other team, although he's a complete asshole of course:o; guess I always had a weakness for villains back then like now for movie villains too

I don't think I know treasure island, at least not this version, probably wasn't shown here
other than Mila Superstar and Captain Tsubasa there were no other favourite Japanese animated series I think, oh yes, I watched some pokemon stuff, but only for 3 months or so, than I got kinda bored, because it was too many monsters and the plot was pretty much the same every episode
I remember an animated series based on the Wizard of Oz (of which I also love the movie) that I truly adored, but I don't think it was Japanese

Sapeod
12-05-2010, 12:59 AM
Thread title :rolls:

habibko
12-05-2010, 07:15 PM
since you insist, I shall first answer what I thought I nimbly evaded :angel: alas, no escape from Maya :(

I'll promise free augmentation mammoplasty to all women in the world, I'll operate for free for the rest of my life on all girls in need, and for girls with already big boobs I offer liposuction, my humble contribution to world peace :hatoff:

I'll stand out as the smartest Miss World in history :sport:

F U for making me write the gayest thing I written in recent memory, but wait does imagining myself a girl count as gay, what is so bad about sounding gay anyway? well I'm a straight so surely that is insulting, but why so, should a gay be insulted if he acted straight? double standards much? but if I wasn't acting gay why does imagining oneself as a girl count as insult? ok F U again for making me think and rant like I just did!!!

for the record, it's harder to imagine myself as a surgeon than a Miss World :/ oh well, fitting answer to an uber hypothetical question -_-

Harmless
12-05-2010, 07:37 PM
since you insist, I shall first answer what I thought I nimbly evaded :angel: alas, no escape from Maya :(

I'll promise free augmentation mammoplasty to all women in the world, I'll operate for free for the rest of my life on all girls in need, and for girls with already big boobs I offer liposuction, my humble contribution to world peace :hatoff:

I'll stand out as the smartest Miss World in history :sport:

F U for making me write the gayest thing I written in recent memory, but wait does imagining myself a girl count as gay, what is so bad about sounding gay anyway? well I'm a straight so surely that is insulting, but why so, should a gay be insulted if he acted straight? double standards much? but if I wasn't acting gay why does imagining oneself as a girl count as insult? ok F U again for making me think and rant like I just did!!!

for the record, it's harder to imagine myself as a surgeon than a Miss World :/ oh well, fitting answer to an uber hypothetical question -_-

Hehehe. http://i55.tinypic.com/bdqx46.gif

Eden
12-05-2010, 08:00 PM
you've asked me a few of them before :o

I'm sorry :awww: It's difficult to keep track on all the spotlight threads for me :p

... or it is just me getting old :sobbing:

Stockholm Final: Federer def. Mayer 6–4, 6–3

Why did you choose this match?

You should have mentioned it in the "Best match" thread in Roger's forum and point out that I forgot to include it in the poll :p

healthy: reading books, not a single day passes unless I read at least 20 pages, be it free reading or medical ones, not counting online reading.

unhealthy: Coca Cola, I drink anything from 4-6 cans per day.

Do you read books in Arabic or English?

I drink Cola as well but Cola light. I have to force myself to drink mineralwater and it's much more easier to drink Cola.

Do you like Pepsi?

the real answer is private and I don't want to lie about it so I'll give this one a pass.

That's perfectly fine :)

habibko
12-05-2010, 08:15 PM
Thanks for all the answers. :dance:
You write so quickly and you can respond to so much in such a short period of time. I love reading your replies but I'm afraid I can't keep up with you and quote everything. :sobbing:

I don't know how you knew about my typing speed, since this isn't an instant chat program and I usually answer a day after the questions have been asked, what if I was writing my answers all at once and posting them together? http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss65/habibko/mmm.png

but you are right, according to this site (http://speedtest.10-fast-fingers.com/) my typing speed is 100 words/minute

http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss65/habibko/mytypingspeed.jpg

I'd rather ask more questions. :p

I appreciate that as I enjoy your questions, but I've asked you some questions in my replies too :sad:

1. You mention you read a lot, what was the best book you've ever read? (not necessarily your favourite book)

The Roger Federer Story: Quest for Perfection

yeah even you didn't believe that :lol: or maybe you did.. :unsure: I was gifted that book on my birthday some years ago, yeah I know :o

it's hard to single out one single book as the best, you should know that as an avid reader yourself, but I'll mention the one book I read long ago that made me shed tears on its last page, something I don't remember I did reading any other book, and that's Victor Hugo's Les Misérables

2. The worst book you've ever read, and what do you think went so wrong with it?

many Arabic books qualify for this title, especially the ones position as scientific books which are written only to try to prove religion and the existence of God beyond doubt, making it seem as a scientific fact rather than faith, I won't honor these books by writing any one of their petty titles.

3. If you had never gone to Med School, which Uni do you think you would have chosen?

you mean which other major? dunno about you but here Unis have many different departments :p

I'd have chosen one of many that interests me, linguistics, psychology, English literature, philosophy, you name it, I'd have done that had there been any practical future or respect to said branches, unfortunately there are very few choices of a respectable career in my country

4. Do you think you'll ever want to go back to uni and start in a whole new field after you get your degree, or are you set on medicine being your lifelong career?

no I don't think I'll choose another career, while I'd like to have a 2nd degree like psychology (closely related to my work anyway), I don't think I'll ever have the time nor the will to do it once I start working, sad I know :sad:

5. How well-respected is the medical profession in Arabia? More, less, or equal than in European countries?

it's very respected, pretty much the most highly regarded profession here, even more than a lawyer which I think are equally respected in the West, but we aren't payed as much as doctors are payed in countries like the U.K. for instance, not saying that they aren't payed well, just that there are certainly other quicker and more efficient ways where you can earn more money here, just a lot of prestige involved.

6. Have you read Jung? What are your thoughts on his work and theories?

no but I've read excerpts of his works in some Arabic translated books, his school of analytical psychology and especially the introduction of the concept of extroversion-introversion along with his collective unconscious are milestones in psychology, I agree with him more than I do with Freud even though I've read the whole of The Interpretation of Dreams, as I also think Freud has put way too much emphasis on libido.

to be continued!

habibko
12-06-2010, 02:17 PM
7. With Saudi sheikhs having the reputation of being obscenely wealthy, I imagine that there has to be a huge degree of economic inequality in SA. Are there ever any signs of public revolt or discontent about it? And how do you see this issue developing in the future?

an interesting and good question (not saying the others aren't!), yes there is a huge degree of economic inequality, the members of the royal family live a life beyond imagination in terms of how rich they are, and most if not all people here know about this and some see it with their own eyes, however the only signs of revolt and discontent are shown in private gatherings where they talk, curse and tell stories about it, in a country where it's illegal to gather for any political or even social cause and any demonstrations are punishable by imprisonment (even demonstrations against Denmark at the cartoon times weren't allowed, you don't want them to get used to it no?).

now the interesting part is how this issue will develop in the future, I have hope things will get better and more social equality will take place as the society gets more liberal and educated, how long this will take I don't know, but political change here is only a matter of time in my opinion, things are already much better than say 20 years ago, but change will be slow and hard.

8. What is the general Saudi opinion of Turkey? What are some of the misconceptions and stereotypes that people apply to Turkey and the Turkish people?

this is the 2nd time I'm asked this question in this thread, what's so interesting about it I wonder :unsure: my old answer:

but there are changes to this lately due to political reasons, Turkey has started to side more with Arabs against Israel and Recep Tayyip Erdoğan is viewed as a brave political figure and in some cases a hero, Turkey seen as an example of a modern, democratic Islamic country and a proof that Islam isn't always against modernity etc.

plus some Turkish dramas and TV series have been dubbed to Arabic in recent years and they have been a major success, it helped people got more familiar with the Turkish society and culture (even though the series are heavily westernized), I guess it showed how secular the country has become.

overall I can say Turkey has a very positive image :yeah:

9. What are the most common tourist destinations for Arabic people, both local and international?

here you make the common mistake of asking me about the whole of Arabs, you know it isn't easy to answer for more than 350 million people coming from countries that range from the really rich to the very poor, but I'll assume you means Saudi people and answer for them http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss65/habibko/mmm.png

common Saudis destinations are Lebanon and Egypt for normal tourism, and Morocco for naughty tourism :devil: this has been the case since I was a young boy, things might have changed now as more destinations are sought, not keeping up with the figures :scratch:

common international include the U.S., Europe (especially London, Paris and Marbella), far east to Singapore and Malaysia, and like Morocco sexual tourism usually takes place in Thailand, both have the reputation of being common destinations for that kind of tourism.

10. Among Saudi doctors, is there any degree of recognition and respect for traditional folk medicine, or is it as scowled at as in Europe and America? How do they see the difference between "Eastern" and "Western" medicine and where do they place theselves on that scale?

there is a big difference between the educated and non-educated levels of society on this matter, in general there is very little respect to traditional medicine among doctors, however it's very commonly practiced by the population especially those recipes that have religious support in hadiths etc, not to mention faith healing (called Ruqia) is widely practiced.

Also, hey, don't change my Miss World question :mad:, it was a legitimately silly question. :cool:
I just thought you'd make a cool miss world. :awww: Having the contest limited to only one sex and judged by just their appearance is sexist and burgeois anyway, don't you think? :rolleyes: :p

:rolls:

wait you suggesting that men should compete with women in bikini contests as well? so as I get turned on by a couple hot chicks in bikinis a tanned heavily built man wearing only a speedo follows them on stage!? what an epic turnoff, nope I prefer Miss world contests as sexist and bourgeois as they are thank you very much :scared:

DualMedia
12-06-2010, 07:52 PM
this marks the first time I've ever been called daddy in my life... :unsure:

and I always wanted to hear it first from my son/daughter :sad: you ruined it Kay :( oh wait I still didn't hear it, I just read it :lol:

my day has been good, more importantly, have you been a good girl lately? :rolleyes:

lol, :devil: yes :unsure:

habib, technically, you didnt hear it from me, you read it!

Harmless
12-06-2010, 10:19 PM
I don't know how you knew about my typing speed, since this isn't an instant chat program and I usually answer a day after the questions have been asked, what if I was writing my answers all at once and posting them together?

but you are right, according to this site (http://speedtest.10-fast-fingers.com/) my typing speed is 100 words/minute
Well it takes you maybe a day to answer, that's pretty fast in ITS thread terms.

I appreciate that as I enjoy your questions, but I've asked you some questions in my replies too
Sorry. :o Which ones?

The Roger Federer Story: Quest for Perfection
:rolls:

yeah even you didn't believe that :lol: or maybe you did.. I was gifted that book on my birthday some years ago, yeah I know :o

it's hard to single out one single book as the best, you should know that as an avid reader yourself, but I'll mention the one book I read long ago that made me shed tears on its last page, something I don't remember I did reading any other book, and that's Victor Hugo's Les Misérables
It's a pretty depressing book.

many Arabic books qualify for this title, especially the ones position as scientific books which are written only to try to prove religion and the existence of God beyond doubt, making it seem as a scientific fact rather than faith, I won't honor these books by writing any one of their petty titles.
Oh.

you mean which other major? dunno about you but here Unis have many different departments :p

I'd have chosen one of many that interests me, linguistics, psychology, English literature, philosophy, you name it, I'd have done that had there been any practical future or respect to said branches, unfortunately there are very few choices of a respectable career in my country
Did you take any elective courses from any of those subjects?

no I don't think I'll choose another career, while I'd like to have a 2nd degree like psychology (closely related to my work anyway), I don't think I'll ever have the time nor the will to do it once I start working, sad I know :sad:
Not sad, it's perfectly reasonable.

it's very respected, pretty much the most highly regarded profession here, even more than a lawyer which I think are equally respected in the West, but we aren't payed as much as doctors are payed in countries like the U.K. for instance, not saying that they aren't payed well, just that there are certainly other quicker and more efficient ways where you can earn more money here, just a lot of prestige involved.
That's interesting. Two subquestions:
1. Which professions are you referring to by more efficient ways where you can earn more money here?
2. Would you ever consider moving out of SA and working somewhere else, motivated by a higher salary?

no but I've read excerpts of his works in some Arabic translated books, his school of analytical psychology and especially the introduction of the concept of extroversion-introversion along with his collective unconscious are milestones in psychology, I agree with him more than I do with Freud even though I've read the whole of The Interpretation of Dreams, as I also think Freud has put way too much emphasis on libido.
Well you can say that again. :lol:
But at least he got the awareness of the basest instincts being the cause for the "highest" in mainstream psychology, so that's good.

an interesting and good question (not saying the others aren't!), yes there is a huge degree of economic inequality, the members of the royal family live a life beyond imagination in terms of how rich they are, and most if not all people here know about this and some see it with their own eyes, however the only signs of revolt and discontent are shown in private gatherings where they talk, curse and tell stories about it, in a country where it's illegal to gather for any political or even social cause and any demonstrations are punishable by imprisonment (even demonstrations against Denmark at the cartoon times weren't allowed, you don't want them to get used to it no?).

now the interesting part is how this issue will develop in the future, I have hope things will get better and more social equality will take place as the society gets more liberal and educated, how long this will take I don't know, but political change here is only a matter of time in my opinion, things are already much better than say 20 years ago, but change will be slow and hard.
That's an interesting answer. I honestly had no idea there was a ban on public gatherings in place in SA. :eek:
What's the status of your news publications in that respect?

this is the 2nd time I'm asked this question in this thread, what's so interesting about it I wonder :unsure: my old answer:

but there are changes to this lately due to political reasons, Turkey has started to side more with Arabs against Israel and Recep Tayyip Erdoğan is viewed as a brave political figure and in some cases a hero, Turkey seen as an example of a modern, democratic Islamic country and a proof that Islam isn't always against modernity etc.

plus some Turkish dramas and TV series have been dubbed to Arabic in recent years and they have been a major success, it helped people got more familiar with the Turkish society and culture (even though the series are heavily westernized), I guess it showed how secular the country has become.

overall I can say Turkey has a very positive image :yeah:
It's probably beacause we see Turkey as the bridge between Europe and Asia, so we wonder how you see them.
Oooh, which shows did you get? People here are like massively addicted to 1001 Nights right now. :lol: Turkish soaps are the new Mexican soaps.
I love Ezel :hearts:, you seen it?

here you make the common mistake of asking me about the whole of Arabs, you know it isn't easy to answer for more than 350 million people coming from countries that range from the really rich to the very poor, but I'll assume you means Saudi people and answer for them http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss65/habibko/mmm.png

common Saudis destinations are Lebanon and Egypt for normal tourism, and Morocco for naughty tourism :devil: this has been the case since I was a young boy, things might have changed now as more destinations are sought, not keeping up with the figures :scratch:

common international include the U.S., Europe (especially London, Paris and Marbella), far east to Singapore and Malaysia, and like Morocco sexual tourism usually takes place in Thailand, both have the reputation of being common destinations for that kind of tourism.
Yes, I meant just SA, sorry. :o
You never said anything about popular tourist locations in SA itself.
Any why is Morrocco...different? :unsure:

wait you suggesting that men should compete with women in bikini contests as well? so as I get turned on by a couple hot chicks in bikinis a tanned heavily built man wearing only a speedo follows them on stage!? what an epic turnoff, nope I prefer Miss world contests as sexist and bourgeois as they are thank you very much :scared:
It's the 21st century. Equal opportunity, my friend. :rolleyes: :p

habibko
12-08-2010, 01:45 PM
I always admired the goalies, Wakabayashi:worship: and even the hostile keeper from the other team, although he's a complete asshole of course:o; guess I always had a weakness for villains back then like now for movie villains too

I don't think I know treasure island, at least not this version, probably wasn't shown here
other than Mila Superstar and Captain Tsubasa there were no other favourite Japanese animated series I think, oh yes, I watched some pokemon stuff, but only for 3 months or so, than I got kinda bored, because it was too many monsters and the plot was pretty much the same every episode
I remember an animated series based on the Wizard of Oz (of which I also love the movie) that I truly adored, but I don't think it was Japanese

Ken Wakashimazu was one my faves too, I liked him more than Wakabayashi, I always fall for the villains as well :o we have that in common lol

I watched the first season of Pokemon as it was aired, hilarious Psyduck, moody Charizard, cute Jigglypuff, the memories :tears:

I remember watching a wizard of oz anime too among the many old animes I watched, but there are many adaptations of it so maybe it's not the same one :/ the one in my mind isn't Japanese either though

habibko
12-08-2010, 02:14 PM
I'm sorry :awww: It's difficult to keep track on all the spotlight threads for me :p

come on, no problem really! :hug:

... or it is just me getting old :sobbing:

http://i562.photobucket.com/albums/ss65/habibko/nono.gif "age is a matter of feeling, not of years." ;)

Why did you choose this match?

You should have mentioned it in the "Best match" thread in Roger's forum and point out that I forgot to include it in the poll :p

I didn't know about that thread until I saw you linked it somewhere around here, I don't check his forum at all :/ well only a few subscribed threads like his videos thread, but I go there through my CP and not check the proper forum, I chose this one because it was a very entertaining match to watch, the points were played in an unusual way, reminded me of the Federer/Santoro matches which always were my favorite ones, of course it was hardly competitive and more like an exho but I don't mind that as long as it was pretty to watch :inlove:

Do you read books in Arabic or English?

both, and sometimes I read the same book in both languages :p but I prefer English books in general

I drink Cola as well but Cola light. I have to force myself to drink mineralwater and it's much more easier to drink Cola.

Do you like Pepsi?

Cola fan :bounce: :yeah: used to drink pepsi all the time since I was a child, only till I travelled to Japan in 2007 and couldn't find pepsi often but only cola, that's when I started drinking cola and with time I got used to its taste and couldn't bring myself to drink pepsi anymore, that's when I completely switched to coca cola

now pepsi tastes so bad when I try it, kinda bitter in comparison with coke :/

so you have the same problem as I do with water :o do you drink pepsi too? what are your favorite alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks?

habibko
12-08-2010, 02:19 PM
lol, :devil: yes :unsure:

habib, technically, you didnt hear it from me, you read it!

isn't that what I said? :rolleyes:

what are you doing these days, going to school or still from ur home?

DualMedia
12-08-2010, 07:22 PM
im at school. :sad: boring boring school

how are you, doctor habib?

fast_clay
12-09-2010, 01:44 AM
habib, what techniques did you discover to suppress the rampant fedtard inside you...? once described as an abominable poster, offensive to most and especially nadal tards... yet, the passage of time has seen a remarkable transformation - into that of a quality poster owning a wide level of function and an articulate nature which is now seen well before the tard that most certainly lay deep inside... it is more than admirable...

what happened exactly...?

before answering, i should remind you that MTF has a duty to know... for, the details that lay within your response may well harbour the untold secrets that will signal the immediate and mass healing of many others once feared lost forever in MTF... as in you, we have the proof...

is this something that can be repeated...? if so, allow the healing to begin...

habibko
12-09-2010, 11:15 AM
Well it takes you maybe a day to answer, that's pretty fast in ITS thread terms.

ah you meant that :o it's all about time management :sport:

Sorry. :o Which ones?

like why did you choose the players you chose to represent those MTF posters, I dunno you gotta look back and see :p I'll ask you some more in my answers here :armed:

It's a pretty depressing book.

it is, what about you, what's your favorite book? and what's your favorite novel? also have you read Wuthering Heights? if you did what do you think of it?

Oh.

yep, so what's the worst book you read?

Did you take any elective courses from any of those subjects?

nope :sad: I kinda cherish any free time I got and use it for entertainment, medicine already leaves little room for me to do much else, besides these courses are hardly interesting in the way they are taught here.. if I wanted to pursue one of them I'd have studied them aboard.

That's interesting. Two subquestions:
1. Which professions are you referring to by more efficient ways where you can earn more money here?

I don't know what the profession is formally called, it's basically investments in real estate, it's very easily done and almost all rich people here are those who invested in that, working as a lawyer or an aviator also has a potential for more money earning with less academic years.

2. Would you ever consider moving out of SA and working somewhere else, motivated by a higher salary?

the answer to the bold part is definitely yes, in fact I plan to live in Europe at one point in the future, but I'm not doing that for a higher salary no.

Harmless
12-09-2010, 11:32 AM
like why did you choose the players you chose to represent those MTF posters, I dunno you gotta look back and see :p I'll ask you some more in my answers here :armed:
Um, I'll just...um...go back to that at, some point...in the future... :o
Lazy OP is lazy. :o

it is, what about you, what's your favorite book? and what's your favorite novel? also have you read Wuthering Heights? if you did what do you think of it?
Dostoyevski's Idiot. I have read Wuthering Heights, yes. Um, I liked it, but it's not in my Top10 ever. How about you?

yep, so what's the worst book you read?
First book ever that I threw at a wall. (I'm a fiery reader :fiery: :lol:)

nope :sad: I kinda cherish any free time I got and use it for entertainment, medicine already leaves little room for me to do much else, besides these courses are hardly interesting in the way they are taught here.. if I wanted to pursue one of them I'd have studied them aboard.
I see. Do you have any desire to go to public lectures on various topics and stuff like that when you're out of uni and working?

I don't know what the profession is formally called, it's basically investments in real estate, it's very easily done and almost all rich people here are those who invested in that, working as a lawyer or an aviator also has a potential for more money earning with less academic years.
I did think that real estate was a big deal in SA in modern times. How are real-estate prices compared to other countries?

the answer to the bold part is definitely yes, in fact I plan to live in Europe at one point in the future, but I'm not doing that for a higher salary no.
Which country/countries do you have in mind? And do you think you'd like to work a few years in different countries, or settle down in one?

Are you tired of all the questions? :lol:

habibko
12-09-2010, 12:27 PM
Well you can say that again. :lol:
But at least he got the awareness of the basest instincts being the cause for the "highest" in mainstream psychology, so that's good.

agreed :yeah: are you interested in psychology?

That's an interesting answer. I honestly had no idea there was a ban on public gatherings in place in SA. :eek:
What's the status of your news publications in that respect?

I didn't mean all public gatherings, those political ones, like a party conference(no political parties allowed) or organizing demonstrations etc.

in which respect do you mean, status of news publication? their freedoms are heavily restricted of course, lots of taboos :/

It's probably beacause we see Turkey as the bridge between Europe and Asia, so we wonder how you see them.
Oooh, which shows did you get? People here are like massively addicted to 1001 Nights right now. :lol: Turkish soaps are the new Mexican soaps.
I love Ezel :hearts:, you seen it?

I didn't watch any Turkish soaps :tape: my family is crazy about them, the first "big hit" was Gümüş (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G%C3%BCm%C3%BC%C5%9F), its success set the trend off and the frenzy started, here's a list of some of the Arabic-dubbed Turkish soaps that I know of:

Ihlamurlar Altında (http://tr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ihlamurlar_Alt%C4%B1nda_%28dizi%29)
Kurtlar Vadisi (Valley of the Wolves) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valley_of_the_Wolves_%28TV_series%29)
Aşk-i Memnu (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A%C5%9Fk-%C4%B1_Memnu_%28TV_series%29)
Binbir Gece (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binbir_Gece)
Menekşe ile Halil (http://tr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Menek%C5%9Fe_ile_Halil)
Asi (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asi_%28TV_series%29)
Çemberimde Gül Oya (http://tr.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%87emberimde_G%C3%BCl_Oya_%28dizi%29)
Acı Hayat (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0499168/)
Yersiz yurtsuz (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1002950/)
Elveda Derken (http://tr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elveda_Derken_%28dizi%29)
Kod Adı (http://tr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kod_Ad%C4%B1_%28dizi%29)
Kırık Kanatlar (http://tr.wikipedia.org/wiki/K%C4%B1r%C4%B1k_Kanatlar_%28dizi%29)
Aliye (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0424596/)
Genco (http://tr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genco_%28dizi%29)

there are some more but you get the point :/

Yes, I meant just SA, sorry. :o
You never said anything about popular tourist locations in SA itself.
Any why is Morrocco...different? :unsure:

local tourism here is pretty poor, there are some cold cities like Abha (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abha), Taif (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ta%E2%80%99if) which are commonly sought for their cool weather since they are located so high up the mountains, there is also Farasan Islands (http://www.splendidarabia.com/location/jizan/farasan/) and Madain Saleh (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mada%27in_Saleh), poor man's Petra :lol: , already mentioned this one earlier in this thread..

let's face it, when people wanna have fun they go to Bahrain and Dubai :/

It's the 21st century. Equal opportunity, my friend. :rolleyes: :p

http://uncg.hvzsource.com/pics/Jigglypuff_HHardin.jpg

habibko
12-09-2010, 12:35 PM
im at school. :sad: boring boring school

how are you, doctor habib?

why boring? I loved school back in the day, best years of my life :bigcry: it only gets worse from there young girl :rolleyes:

I'm good, have a surgery exam in the upcoming week and I'm procrastinating now as you can see :o should get my act together soon

habibko
12-09-2010, 12:49 PM
habib, what techniques did you discover to suppress the rampant fedtard inside you...? once described as an abominable poster, offensive to most and especially nadal tards... yet, the passage of time has seen a remarkable transformation - into that of a quality poster owning a wide level of function and an articulate nature which is now seen well before the tard that most certainly lay deep inside... it is more than admirable...

what happened exactly...?

before answering, i should remind you that MTF has a duty to know... for, the details that lay within your response may well harbour the untold secrets that will signal the immediate and mass healing of many others once feared lost forever in MTF... as in you, we have the proof...

is this something that can be repeated...? if so, allow the healing to begin...

let's start by making one thing clear: I was never as bad as the Nadaltards make out of me, even at my worst days I didn't go around GM to spew hate in players' threads, there are times when I criticized Nadal and Djokovic over certain incidents but I was one among many, I don't bother with starting threads intended to bash players or downtalk their achievements like many notorious tards do, I admit that my big sin is excessive Fedtardish gloating at times and that's what gets under tards' skin.

now to get to the answer, at first I used this site solely for tennis and to talk about my passion for it and for my favorite player, I only checked GM and never bothered checking any other section for like a year, that's when I was most trollish and offensive.

with times I was introduced to non-tennis section and chat threads, I discovered that I can discuss more than just tennis here and I started showing other sides of my interests and personality, with more personal interaction with other posters I got to know and like many here, made friendships that extended to real life, and I started being more aware of not offending some of them who don't support the same players I do, that's when I started toning it down and what you call "healing" started lol, talking and sharing other interests outside of tennis and finding common grounds with the public whom you usually disagree with in tennis terms also helps.

there is no formula that I can give here, if I said introduce the tard to chat threads and non-tennis it wouldn't always work (refer to CD as an excellent example of how can that go so so wrong), some trolls are simply hopeless and aren't interested in personal interactions with others or have enough care about others' feelings.

with all that said, I'm still the same old Fedtard, when it comes to Roger I'm as fanatic as ever, wait for Fed to win AO or beat Nadal next and watch my majestic performance in GM :sport:

fast_clay
12-09-2010, 05:16 PM
answer accepted, thorough response : pen down: :yeah:

JolánGagó
12-09-2010, 05:26 PM
wait for Fed to win AO or beat Nadal next and watch my majestic performance in GM :sport:

:haha:

Crazy Girl
12-10-2010, 03:26 AM
:haha::lol::lol::lol::lol::p:p:p Majestic performance in GM...!!!:worship:

Harmless
12-10-2010, 07:41 AM
agreed :yeah: are you interested in psychology?
Yes, very much so.

I didn't mean all public gatherings, those political ones, like a party conference(no political parties allowed) or organizing demonstrations etc.

in which respect do you mean, status of news publication? their freedoms are heavily restricted of course, lots of taboos :/
I meant freedom of speech, yes.

I didn't watch any Turkish soaps :tape: my family is crazy about them, the first "big hit" was Gümüş (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G%C3%BCm%C3%BC%C5%9F), its success set the trend off and the frenzy started, here's a list of some of the Arabic-dubbed Turkish soaps that I know of:

Ihlamurlar Altında (http://tr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ihlamurlar_Alt%C4%B1nda_%28dizi%29)
Kurtlar Vadisi (Valley of the Wolves) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valley_of_the_Wolves_%28TV_series%29)
Aşk-i Memnu (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A%C5%9Fk-%C4%B1_Memnu_%28TV_series%29)
Binbir Gece (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binbir_Gece)
Menekşe ile Halil (http://tr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Menek%C5%9Fe_ile_Halil)
Asi (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asi_%28TV_series%29)
Çemberimde Gül Oya (http://tr.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%87emberimde_G%C3%BCl_Oya_%28dizi%29)
Acı Hayat (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0499168/)
Yersiz yurtsuz (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1002950/)
Elveda Derken (http://tr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elveda_Derken_%28dizi%29)
Kod Adı (http://tr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kod_Ad%C4%B1_%28dizi%29)
Kırık Kanatlar (http://tr.wikipedia.org/wiki/K%C4%B1r%C4%B1k_Kanatlar_%28dizi%29)
Aliye (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0424596/)
Genco (http://tr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genco_%28dizi%29)

there are some more but you get the point :/Yeah. :lol:
Binbir Gece is the poison of choice here right now. :p

local tourism here is pretty poor, there are some cold cities like Abha (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abha), Taif (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ta%E2%80%99if) which are commonly sought for their cool weather since they are located so high up the mountains, there is also Farasan Islands (http://www.splendidarabia.com/location/jizan/farasan/) and Madain Saleh (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mada%27in_Saleh), poor man's Petra :lol: , already mentioned this one earlier in this thread..

let's face it, when people wanna have fun they go to Bahrain and Dubai :/
They look interesting. :yeah:
I'm really interested in archeological locations in SA, I hope to go on a tour someday. :dance:

http://uncg.hvzsource.com/pics/Jigglypuff_HHardin.jpg
No fair, using my own Jigglypuff against me. :(

finishingmove
12-10-2010, 07:47 AM
i didn't know he was also a psychologist

Harmless
12-10-2010, 07:49 AM
A specialist.

Eden
12-10-2010, 11:55 PM
come on, no problem really! :hug:

I didn't know about that thread until I saw you linked it somewhere around here, I don't check his forum at all :/ well only a few subscribed threads like his videos thread, but I go there through my CP and not check the proper forum,

I find it sad that there are only a few Roger fans posting in his forum here. There are many around (fortunately :p ) but most seem to post on GM or elsewhere. It would be great for the forum to have more discussions there and people participating :)

Even the picspam analyze of pictures has been gone now that Nadine, Maya and a few others don't post there anymore :awww:

I chose this one because it was a very entertaining match to watch, the points were played in an unusual way, reminded me of the Federer/Santoro matches which always were my favorite ones, of course it was hardly competitive and more like an exho but I don't mind that as long as it was pretty to watch :inlove:

Talking about an exho - I wanted to include Roger's match against Falla from Halle to the poll but unfortunately I could only name 10 matches and decided against that match. But Karin and me saw it live and it was just a pleasure to witness Roger playing so fantastic tennis - it was like he would play for the gallery :worship:

(Even more frustrating it was for me to turn on the TV during his R1 match in Wimbledon against Falla and see him struggling that much... :o )

Cola fan :bounce: :yeah: used to drink pepsi all the time since I was a child, only till I travelled to Japan in 2007 and couldn't find pepsi often but only cola, that's when I started drinking cola and with time I got used to its taste and couldn't bring myself to drink pepsi anymore, that's when I completely switched to coca cola

now pepsi tastes so bad when I try it, kinda bitter in comparison with coke :/

so you have the same problem as I do with water :o do you drink pepsi too? what are your favorite alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks?

Yes, I drink Pepsi but I prefer Coca Cola. Unfortunately Coca Cola isn't that much on special offer as Pepsi so I have to buy more Pepsi than I want to.

I force myself meanwhile to drink mineralwater. I have a 0,5 litres cup from a Robbie Williams concert which I use when I'm at home and that helps me to drink the needed daily amount. When I put mineralwater in there and put the cup beside my computer I really drink it.

My favourite non-alcoholic drink is Coca Cola but I also like orange juice :)

Alcoholic drinks I like are wine (I prefer white one though I had red one this evening whilst I was out with friends in a restaurant. I got offered red one even though I ordered white one but I didn't want to complain and it's not that much of a problem for me.) and champagne but I don't drink that often anymore because I easily get a headached when I drink too much. So now I just sometimes drink alcohol when I go out and don't have to drive.

Harmless
12-13-2010, 09:24 AM
Do you watch House and what's your opinion on it?

Thoughts on Hedgehog House? :p
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lcnt9oQyQ61qzmowao1_500.jpg

habibko
12-13-2010, 12:41 PM
Um, I'll just...um...go back to that at, some point...in the future... :o
Lazy OP is lazy. :o

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_KTbnwsD0C84/SZao-_FPbAI/AAAAAAAAApU/63YA97gWLRk/s320/THE+ROCK+BROW.JPG

Dostoyevski's Idiot. I have read Wuthering Heights, yes. Um, I liked it, but it's not in my Top10 ever. How about you?

I've started reading the Idiot a while ago but didn't manage to finish it, I'll make sure I do once I find some free time soon, I know I'll like it :bounce:

I didn't read Wuthering Heights but I was given it as a present with high recommendation to read it, thought you'd give me more motivation to do that but it worked the opposite way :o

First book ever that I threw at a wall. (I'm a fiery reader :fiery: :lol:)

that's strange, I didn't read it but I've heard high praise for it and for Orwell (mainly from Hitchens) what's so bad about it? you don't like dystopian novels? :/

I see. Do you have any desire to go to public lectures on various topics and stuff like that when you're out of uni and working?

if I found a chance and the time, why not!

I did think that real estate was a big deal in SA in modern times. How are real-estate prices compared to other countries?

I'm not an expert on this here, let alone in comparison to other countries :o it varies depending on location and city of course, real-estate prices in certain locations in Makkah are the highest in the world (that is, around the Holy Mosque).

Which country/countries do you have in mind? And do you think you'd like to work a few years in different countries, or settle down in one?

somewhere in the U.K. would be ideal since I don't plan on learning a new language besides English, and I'm a settle down type of person, don't like to move or change too often, of course I love to travel and tour around the world but that's only for tourism and vacation, not change my work and residence.

Are you tired of all the questions? :lol:

not at all! keep them coming Maya :bounce: I hope you forgive me if it took me longer to reply sometimes :sad: :hug:

habibko
12-13-2010, 12:47 PM

A specialist.

:rolls: I'm loving the titles really, I'm lucky to have one of the best ITS hosts as the OP of mine :inlove:

habibko
12-13-2010, 01:01 PM
I find it sad that there are only a few Roger fans posting in his forum here. There are many around (fortunately :p ) but most seem to post on GM or elsewhere. It would be great for the forum to have more discussions there and people participating :)

Even the picspam analyze of pictures has been gone now that Nadine, Maya and a few others don't post there anymore :awww:

as a rule of thumb I rarely ever visit other player's subforums, I don't want to get sucked in more than I already am in MTF checking the few threads I keep track of along with GM during the tennis season :/ I've greatly reduced my chat thread activity because I simply can't keep up with it anymore, I'm sorry :sad:

Talking about an exho - I wanted to include Roger's match against Falla from Halle to the poll but unfortunately I could only name 10 matches and decided against that match. But Karin and me saw it live and it was just a pleasure to witness Roger playing so fantastic tennis - it was like he would play for the gallery :worship:

(Even more frustrating it was for me to turn on the TV during his R1 match in Wimbledon against Falla and see him struggling that much... :o )

yeah he was playing great in Halle, can't understand how he messed that final up -_- for that Wimbledon match I have to say Falla played really great, all he needed that day is more mental strength and belief and he would have pulled it off.

you are lucky you got to watch Roger live many times, I only managed to see him once in Paris Masters 2009 and not only he lost that match against Benneteau, but I was in the minority that was cheering for him against the home crowd, couldn't be part of that incredible atmosphere :tears:

are you planning to go to any of the exhos he's holding with Nadal later this month?

Yes, I drink Pepsi but I prefer Coca Cola. Unfortunately Coca Cola isn't that much on special offer as Pepsi so I have to buy more Pepsi than I want to.

I force myself meanwhile to drink mineralwater. I have a 0,5 litres cup from a Robbie Williams concert which I use when I'm at home and that helps me to drink the needed daily amount. When I put mineralwater in there and put the cup beside my computer I really drink it.

My favourite non-alcoholic drink is Coca Cola but I also like orange juice :)

Alcoholic drinks I like are wine (I prefer white one though I had red one this evening whilst I was out with friends in a restaurant. I got offered red one even though I ordered white one but I didn't want to complain and it's not that much of a problem for me.) and champagne but I don't drink that often anymore because I easily get a headached when I drink too much. So now I just sometimes drink alcohol when I go out and don't have to drive.

seems we have a lot in common when it comes to drinks :yeah:

habibko
12-13-2010, 01:25 PM
Do you watch House and what's your opinion on it?

watched the 1st season only, and loved it! Hugh Laurie :worship: medicals enjoy it more than non-medicals :dance:

have you seen this? :lol:

wYmrg3owTRE

Thoughts on Hedgehog House? :p
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lcnt9oQyQ61qzmowao1_500.jpg

:spit:

a bit lame though :/

Eden
12-13-2010, 03:35 PM
as a rule of thumb I rarely ever visit other player's subforums, I don't want to get sucked in more than I already am in MTF checking the few threads I keep track of along with GM during the tennis season :/ I've greatly reduced my chat thread activity because I simply can't keep up with it anymore, I'm sorry :sad:

You don't have to justify yourself :hug:

As long as the Federer fans are still active on GM everything is ok, otherwise that part of the forum could be named "Nadal forum" :p ;)

yeah he was playing great in Halle, can't understand how he messed that final up -_

I don't think he played that great in all of the matches. He struggled a bit against Petzschner who was twice a break up in the 1st set when I remember right. Picassos words after he lost to Roger in Halle were this:

I also told him now in the locker room that it was for me a great honour playing him. Because the last couple of years when I was at the smaller tournaments I always watched him play. For me, he is the best player in the world, the most complete one. He can play on every surface. And he is a great personality. So watching him is fun and playing him is even more fun. That’s why I said, I want to have a revenge, even if he’s 40 and I’m 37 we still have to go out there once more, so maybe I can take a set then.

I yet have to kill Roger for losing the Halle final to Lleyton :mad: When he had the BPs in the 2nd set I said: "Take them or otherwise I'm going to kill you."

People around Karin and me were happy that the match took longer and that there was a new winner but we were pretty pissed :o

- for that Wimbledon match I have to say Falla played really great, all he needed that day is more mental strength and belief and he would have pulled it off.

Fortunately Roger came through :worship:

you are lucky you got to watch Roger live many times, I only managed to see him once in Paris Masters 2009 and not only he lost that match against Benneteau, but I was in the minority that was cheering for him against the home crowd, couldn't be part of that incredible atmosphere :tears:

Glad you got to see him at least once but it must have been terrible to see him losing :awww:

I remember the first match I went to of him was in Hamburg in 2007 when he played against Monaco and it was a real roller-coaster. I thought: "Ok, you can't do this to me and lose today when I see you here..."

Fortunately the crowd was always on his side at the matches I went to. It's so wonderful when he gets announced, comes to the court and the crowd welcomes him :inlove:

I so regret it that I started to go to tournaments quite late. I'm a tennisfan since the early 80ies but it took me over 20 years to go to my first tournament.

I could have seen Becker, Agassi, Sampras, Stich, Rafter, Kuerten etc. live and of course the young Roger :sad:

But I'm glad that I got to see Roger and not only follow his matches on the court but also get to meet him a bit off court :)

Do you plan to go to any tournaments in the future in order to see Roger again?

are you planning to go to any of the exhos he's holding with Nadal later this month?

I'm going to Zürich next week :) I managed to get 2 tickets for Karin and me.

I'm already really looking forward to the event. It's been 2 1/2 years since I saw Rafa the last time live at a tournament. I always enjoyed it to see him when I was at a tournament - but he didn't took any medical time-outs then and didn't had won the Career Grand Slam back then :p

Should be a great evening with hopefully lots of funny and entertaining moments :)

I expect to come back to MTF and read a serious discussion about the outcome of the 2 matches :worship:

Crazy Girl
12-13-2010, 04:03 PM
A specialist.

:rolls::rolls::rolls::lol::lol::lol::rolls::rolls: :rolls:

SPECIALIST IN THOSE SICK OF RAFATARDISM.....

icecastle
12-17-2010, 07:22 PM
Hello guys! :wavey:

Please vote for Habibko for Mr MTF! Thank you so much in advance! :D

Have a great day!

12-18-2010, 08:43 AM
YOU GO GIRL :D If I would get a penny for every time I've seen your post, I would be rich by now :lol: :rolls: :haha: Too bad there is no contest for cheerleader because you would definitely have my vote :)

icecastle
12-18-2010, 03:26 PM
Why thank you my dear! :hug: :D

habibko
12-18-2010, 03:46 PM
Lynn :hug: I really appreciate your enthusiasm, but really relax :lol: I've got this covered :armed: ...for now :unsure:

12-19-2010, 01:26 AM
Lynn :hug: I really appreciate your enthusiasm, but really relax :lol: I've got this covered :armed: ...for now :unsure:
Your contest looks pretty tight to me right now so I wouldn't discourage your cheerleader! I think you have got the best cheerleader out there :bowdown: She is really putting in the work while other cheerleaders just have things in their sigs and only post in the places they always do which isn't getting the message out to everyone. Lynn is working hard :worship:

habibko
12-19-2010, 01:33 AM
Your contest looks pretty tight to me right now so I wouldn't discourage your cheerleader! I think you have got the best cheerleader out there :bowdown: She is really putting in the work while other cheerleaders just have things in their sigs and only post in the places they always do which isn't getting the message out to everyone. Lynn is working hard :worship:

I know and I really appreciate it, but she might need to save a bit of energy for the latter rounds as well ;) :lol:

much appreciated Lynn :smooch: we can do it :bounce:

icecastle
12-19-2010, 03:28 AM
Habib & Mae :hug: :bounce:

icecastle
12-20-2010, 08:11 PM
What sports aside from tennis are you following?

Which are your fave footie teams?

:)

theMEESH
12-20-2010, 09:29 PM
Okay I got a good one... Please give details :angel:

What do you think would happen if all the active posters on MTF had a reunion/gathering/meetup at one of the grand slams?

12-21-2010, 01:13 PM

What do you think would happen if all the active posters on MTF had a reunion/gathering/meetup at one of the grand slams?
There are a lot of people on this Forum sadly that don't like each other so I think the odds of that happening are remote. I couldn't go for the simple reason I can't afford it!

habibko
12-25-2010, 04:14 PM
Do you plan to go to any tournaments in the future in order to see Roger again?

I don't have any set plans for now but sure I'd love to attend them again, especially a GS, that would be a dream come true :inlove:

I'm going to Zürich next week :) I managed to get 2 tickets for Karin and me.

I'm already really looking forward to the event. It's been 2 1/2 years since I saw Rafa the last time live at a tournament. I always enjoyed it to see him when I was at a tournament - but he didn't took any medical time-outs then and didn't had won the Career Grand Slam back then :p

Should be a great evening with hopefully lots of funny and entertaining moments :)

I expect to come back to MTF and read a serious discussion about the outcome of the 2 matches :worship:

:lol: I haven't checked GM for a while, not sure what they said about these matches, but I saw highlights of them, how was it seeing it live? :D

habibko
12-25-2010, 04:31 PM
What sports aside from tennis are you following?

none, I only read the sports section of the newspaper :/

Which are your fave footie teams?

:)

I don't follow footy anymore but when I used to follow it I used to cheer for certain teams because they had my favorite players, Chelsea for Gianfranco Zola, AC Milan for George Weah, Leonardo and later Gattuso, Real Madrid for Zidane and later Nistelrooy

in the Saudi league I used to cheer for Al-Hilal (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Hilal_FC), the team that had the most talented player in history of Saudi footy, our own Zidane, Yousef Al Thanian

Cr8PSnITiBE

as you can see I was an individual sports enthusiast even in the way I cheered for football, it was only a matter of time before I discovered tennis and completely switched :dance:

habibko
12-25-2010, 04:38 PM

nice question :lol: having had an experience of meeting MTFers already (the most I saw at the same time is 2 though), I can say it would be really fun, I think we will see a lot of losers and basement dwellers there which will be the usual GM trolls whom I imagine to be total nerds, and those will just sit in a corner and isolate themselves from all the fun, of course MTF is full of interesting characters which will make it really fun and take over the scene, a lot of inside jokes and parodies will take place and we will surely be kicked off the stadium after the first few shouts: GTFO mug! choker! :o

but of course this is all fantasy..

Eden
12-25-2010, 07:21 PM
I don't have any set plans for now but sure I'd love to attend them again, especially a GS, that would be a dream come true :inlove:

Any special GS you would like to see? :)

:lol: I haven't checked GM for a while, not sure what they said about these matches, but I saw highlights of them, how was it seeing it live? :D

Does it come as a surprise that the Nadal winning Madrid thread has more answers as the Zürich one? :p

I had a great time in Zürich and it was special to watch this match in the Swiss fanblock. The atmosphere in general could sometimes have been a bit better but fortunately the Mexican wave was a success.

It was nice to see how much Rafa got welcomed in Switzerland and I enjoyed it to see him again live after 2 1/2 years :)

I expected a bit more showelements in the match. Roger and Rafa have both been quite serious even though Roger at least tried to make some fun from time to time.

It would have been a nice gesture if Roger and Rafa would have got some little presents afterwards - for example Roger a fishing tackle or Rafa a huge Federer bear :p

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3085/3334301051_2c575d0556.jpg

Well, I think both enjoyed the event and the most important is that they collected much money for Roger's foundation :)

I only saw the end of the Madrid exhibition because I returned home from Zürich that day.