09-04-2004, 01:21 PM
unless you're a teeny girl who knows nothing about tennis :p
:haha:

joeb_uk
09-04-2004, 01:22 PM
He does seem to attract the most teeny boppers as fans

Snoopy_Girl
09-04-2004, 01:52 PM
Wasn't this discussed like at least 50 times before?

aIrSaMpRaS14
09-04-2004, 01:59 PM
Yea but MaratkicksA$$ is totally right, how can anyone who knows anything about tennis like him?

All the sad little kiddies love him, when his serve is killing the game and he is to selfish to even realise it!!

star
09-04-2004, 03:54 PM
Hmmm. I'm far from a teeny, so I guess i must know nothing about tennis. :)

fisher12190
09-04-2004, 04:00 PM
couldn't agree more you should add he is a horror to watch because hes so boring and 1 dimensional.

Carito_90
09-04-2004, 04:05 PM
Yet this is the effect he has on everyone :) Isn't that great?

Fee
09-04-2004, 04:13 PM
And he's such a waste of talent, constantly changing coaches and tanking matches, staying out all night to party with blonde chicks during tournaments and...

Wait, who are we talking about again?

How quickly can this useless thread be moved to non-tennis?

Havok
09-04-2004, 04:14 PM
How can we like any player for that matter?:scratch: uhoh, there is a think called different tastes and people like different things.:scared:

fisher12190
09-04-2004, 04:20 PM
If you like Andy Roddick you must like watching Ivo Karlovic correct?

Havok
09-04-2004, 04:38 PM
No not really. He serves and volleys, Andy doesn't. See there's still differences and stuff, but seeing as though you are enraveled with big servers for the past 2 days, I can see why you were in tunnel vision and didn't pick up on that simple fact.;)

star
09-04-2004, 04:43 PM
And he's such a waste of talent, constantly changing coaches and tanking matches, staying out all night to party with blonde chicks during tournaments and...

Wait, who are we talking about again?

How quickly can this useless thread be moved to non-tennis?

:lol:

Bibir
09-04-2004, 04:57 PM

:rolleyes:
oh! Please Fee...this thread is not about Marat

concerning Roddick he's not my favourite player but everyone to his tastes...there is enough place for everybody :)

star
09-04-2004, 05:21 PM
well, the guy who started it had "marat" in his name. I think, Fee, was simply trying to show how some people might have different reasons for liking or disliking players. :)

fisher12190
09-04-2004, 05:29 PM
Name your reasons for liking Roddick that have to do with his tennis.
DO not say anything about:
His looks.
Personality.
His acting up on the court .
anything non-tennis related.

As your reasons for liking him. Name reasons in his tennis matches for liking him.

RogerRocks
09-04-2004, 05:40 PM
Roddick isn't worth talking about.

Bibir
09-04-2004, 05:58 PM
well, the guy who started it had "marat" in his name. I think, Fee, was simply trying to show how some people might have different reasons for liking or disliking players. :)

caricatural and not very constructive try then...like Andy haters

Marc Rosset is Tall
09-04-2004, 06:20 PM
Roddick who?

Fee
09-04-2004, 06:20 PM
I guess the Marat fans are a still peeved about his match this week. Thanks Star, for getting it (again). If Marat worked and tried even half as hard as JMG did in his match against PimPim yesterday, he would still be in this tournament. Shame really...

It's funny, I've been very neutral about Andy for about a year now, despite the fact that I used to be involved in a fan site for him and he remembered me when he saw me in February, but the hate for him and his fans on this board is really beginning to turn me back to him. I was originally a fan of his because of his game, because of the way he threw himself into every point he played, because it was so obvious that he LOVED being on court whether he was winning or losing, because he practically had to be dragged off court at RG against Hewitt even though he was injured, because his forehand can make it across the net at Mach speeds, because he hugged Gonzo after he lost to him in Cincy and said it was the most fun match he had ever played, because his service motion is not like anyone else's, because he looks like a train wreck when he approaches the net, and he doesn't care he just wants to win the point, because he regularly applauds fine shots by his opponents and I had never seen another player do that as much as he did, because Pete made tennis look like an unattainable art, but Andy made it look like anybody could play if they tried hard enough so I picked up my racquet again for the first time in a decade, lost 20 pounds and became a healthier and happier person, and because I met so many cool people that were also fans of his.

So, sorry if I did not fulfill your requirement of only talking about his game, but I don't know enough about analyzing tennis to do that. I just know that when I go to a tournament or turn on my TV, there are certain players that I like to see playing (okay, about 20 of them) and Andy is one of them. I think it's time for a subboard for the Andy haters to post their threads in because I am really getting tired of this topic clogging up GM when we have much more interesting and important things to discuss.

Chloe le Bopper
09-04-2004, 06:23 PM
Sigh.

Both at the thread starter and some of the retarded responses.

Bibir
09-04-2004, 06:58 PM
I guess the Marat fans are a still peeved about his match this week. If Marat worked and tried even half as hard as JMG did in his match against PimPim yesterday, he would still be in this tournament. Shame really...

Fee...I have nothing against you really...I reacted this time because you already posted several times the same caricatural bad comments on Marat...I respect your opinion that's not the problem....And Usually I never post on this kind of threads... maybe I'm not in good mood today but I found your "1st post" as useless as the thread title...
I don't like Roddick for some reasons but I never posted bad comments on him (concerning his game, his personnality or his love life) and I like his fans here...as I said everyone to his tastes.

Anyway I don't want to make a fuss...

Tennis Fool
09-04-2004, 07:08 PM
Fee...I have nothing against you really...I reacted this time because you already posted several times the same caricatural bad comments on Marat...I respect your opinion that's not the problem....And Usually I never post on this kind of threads... maybe I'm not in good mood today but I found your "1st post" as useless as the thread title...
I don't like Roddick for some reasons but I never posted bad comments on him (concerning his game, his personnality or his love life) and I like his fans here...as I said everyone to his tastes.

Doesn't matter, Bea. Some people are mad that Safin has 10:1 fan support to Roddick. Don't swallow their hatred bait. Another reason I don't reply to Star or care for her "caring" postings in the Safin forum :rolleyes:

Arcadion
09-04-2004, 07:15 PM
Well said Fee. I like how he goes for everything, never gives up, how he whacks the crap out of the ball for a winner. Fun to watch. And also for the reasons you mentioned. Many people like his power game, deal with it. I also like Federers game. How can anyone not? I like them both for different reasons.

Oh I guess that makes me a teeny bopper then, even though I'm a 23yo guy. Hmm, mayb i shud start typing lyk dis. Ya, andy is lyk, soooo hot. lolz ooo tym 2 put on teh radio. maybee justin timberlake is on! wut do u all think about him? Lyk...OMG!!!

Iheartandy&roger
09-04-2004, 07:20 PM
Easy a very talented young player and consistant unlike yurs who has talent but not consistant. Don't take your mood out on Andy cuz yur player is sucking ass and isnt winning anything. :mad: :bs:

Tennis Fool
09-04-2004, 07:20 PM
Easy a very talented young player and consistant unlike yurs who has talent but jist not consistant. Don't take your mood out on Andy cuz yur player is sucking ass and can't win anything. :mad:

I agree about Jan-Michael Gambill :mad:

Marc Rosset is Tall
09-04-2004, 07:21 PM
Easy a very talented young player and consistant unlike yurs who has talent but jist not consistant. Don't take your mood out on Andy cuz yur player is sucking ass and can't win anything. :mad:

I am not the hugest Safin fan, but they have won exactly the same amount of Slams and has been on a successful Davis Cup team.

RonE
09-04-2004, 07:25 PM
Not another Roddick thread! *buries forehead in hands*

Fee summed it up pretty well- his game might not be as artistic and fluid as Federer's, but his power game is a nice variation- it's another style to look at in addition to the many other styles of play exhibited in the top 10.

It's the fire he brings on court, the mentality, the "I'm gonna take you on and knock you out no matter how bigger than me you are" in-your-face mentality that I like. I do not agree that he is boring to watch- I am never bored watching him play, there is always something going on, wether its a howitzer serve into the corner on break point down, or a down the line forehand bomb after a lengthy rally, or his amusing interaction with the umpire and/or crowd, his facial expressions and gestures.

And just for the record- I am not a teenybopper, I have been following the sport now for several years and have supported and watched all kinds of players from Sampras to Agassi to Becker to Courier to Ivanisevic to Muster to Rafter to Hewitt to Safin to Federer to Ferrero to Coria and on and on and on.

Iheartandy&roger
09-04-2004, 07:27 PM
:rolleyes: :silly: Another envious one......doesn't matter what any of u think he's winning matches and laughing his way to the bank

Marc Rosset is Tall
09-04-2004, 07:27 PM
It's never boring watching Roddick on clay at all, in fact it's quite funny.

Marc Rosset is Tall
09-04-2004, 07:28 PM
:rolleyes: :silly: Another envious one......doesn't matter what any of u think he's winning matches and laughing his way to the bank

Not envious genius, just stating a clear fact and you can look that up, if you think that was made up. :)

Havok
09-04-2004, 07:32 PM
True both have been pretty much equally successful, but it's no secret that MArat is wasting his talent, while Andy isn't. Anyways these threads are getting redundant.

Iheartandy&roger
09-04-2004, 07:36 PM
True both have been pretty much equally successful, but it's no secret that MArat is wasting his talent, while Andy isn't. Anyways these threads are getting redundant.

True that this is getting ridiculous. It's all about the tennis matches and how they can play not the antics which everyone of them has up their sleeve NOT just Andy I mean who got the fines this week? Not Andy thats when u would have a reason to pick on him when he gets fines up the ying yang and continuous warnings which clearly he isn't. :rolleyes:

Marc Rosset is Tall
09-04-2004, 07:37 PM

Yes, this is true and it's not even funny anymore.

Who are Safin and Roddick again?

star
09-04-2004, 07:50 PM

:hug: :hug: Hope you are in a better mood tomorrow.

And I do appreciate that you don't like Andy, and that is strictly ok with me because people have different tastes and perceptions, but you aren't a troller or a hater, and that's really all I care about. :hug:

fisher12190
09-04-2004, 07:55 PM
Rone sorry to say but your thread about Roddick has nothing to do with Tennis.... It has to do more with you liking Roddick's personality and antics more than anything else.

Thierry's_girl
09-04-2004, 08:17 PM
Andy is fantastic for the game. There are so many "Mr no personalities" on the tour Andy is needed and I love him :D

Tennis Fool
09-04-2004, 08:26 PM
And I do appreciate that you don't like Andy, :

:bs:

And stop torturing animals. I'm sick of hearing about it.

Fee
09-04-2004, 08:32 PM

I don't know what you mean by your use of the word 'caricatural' (it might be a translation problem). And I don't think I've posted 'several times' about Marat, at least not since his loss this week. My first post was meant to be as useless as this thread, and to show that perhaps this poster should not take his frustration at his player out another player. No offense taken, no fuss created.

Deboogle!.
09-04-2004, 08:42 PM
Fine, I will write about Andy's tennis.

I love his serve, that is a natural god-given talent that he has that ability. He also has the mental ability to go for it when it matters the most (see: Match point 2003 USO SF, Match point 2003 AO QF, and the list goes on). For me it is absolutely exhilarating to see him plow down an ace at 140+mph. It gets my blood flowing. So what if it's the cornerstone of his game. I love it.

I love his inside-out forehand, how he can keep pulling you further and further out into that corner until he draws a forced error or a winner, I think it's pretty special. He's had the exact same technique since he was a kid and it's just one of those great signature shots that players have.

His overheads are unreal. I have a video file of one from his second round match at Wimbledon this year that I could watch over and over all day. The way he can either smash them flat or slice them away from the opponent is worth a :worship: in my book.

He has improved his defense and scrambling and all that kind of stuff and it's even winning him points here and there now. One of the more understated improvements he has made in the past year, IMO, it's tough to get a ball by him now and for a big bumbling guy, his movement is also a lot better lately since he started with Graybo.

He is serve-volleying much more, and with pretty decent success. Maybe the technique isn't pretty, but he's showing the dedication to add this facet to his game, even if it fails. But he has played a few matches this year where his volleying was especially good - at key moments, and has helped him win matches he might otherwise have lost (the Safin match at Indian Wells is the one that comes to mind the quickest).

You don't have to like him or his game or his personality to be able to admit that, even though he ended last year at #1, he has improved MANY facets of his game.

And I'm not a teenybopper either, thank you very much.

fisher12190
09-04-2004, 08:50 PM
you should be a HUGE sampras fan then since he did all that and volleyed consistenly...

fisher12190
09-04-2004, 08:57 PM
His serve motion is ugly and 2 see him serving aces all the time isn't pretty. If you look at sampras his serve motion looked natural.

The fact that you like fast 140+ serves shows that you don't enjoy tennis, you enjoy serving.

His serve and volley hits into the net all of the time.

I don't mind his forehand but I think he over uses it. No variety whatsoever.

His backhand? What backhand.

His dropshot? NOP

I'll agree about the overhead, tho. Most of the time when he gets to hit that shot the point is over.

3/6 for Roddick. 50% good serve, good overhead, goodforhand.

5/6 for Federer 83.333% no dropshot. but we must give Roger more credit for inventing new shots....

Blaze
09-04-2004, 09:03 PM
Sorry for changing the topic but I didn't want to start another thread and since this one was the hottest i decided to post here.

I know this has being asked before but I hear most people saying that the current core of players on tour don't have personality. When someone missbehaves during a match you always hear the commentators saying, "Oh he has so much personality." When someone is calm and collected, they have no personality. Therefore, is personality defined as the open display of emotions or to some extend rudeness on court or what? :confused:

fisher12190
09-04-2004, 09:06 PM
Roddick's "personality" is being an asshole on the court, throwing rackets, and arguing with the umpire. You don't argue with them just collect yourself and continue playing. If you argue you are probably worse off in future calls, and you will probably play bad after that.

Deboogle!.
09-04-2004, 09:19 PM
you should be a HUGE sampras fan then since he did all that and volleyed consistenly...

I am. Bigger than Andy, even. Good judgement calls otherwise, though HAHAHA. So anyone who enjoys good serving isn't a real tennis fan? Did I say that was ALL I like?? Oh god, thank you for breaking up the monotony of my day with this amusing stuff. I really appreciate it. Don't talk about overusing forehands unless you talk about Moya, he's about a million times worse than Andy. his backhand is worse, and he runs around it MUCH more often. Andy is actually working on his backhand and trying to improve it where Moya just keeps running around it. But no one whines about Moya's lack of a backhand. :yawn:

And, something being "pretty" or not is irrelevant. If you like watching "pretty players" then watch someone else, that's fine. But don't berate those of us that put other aspects of a player in higher priority. Whether a player plays "prettily" or not has absolutely no bearing on whether I like him or not. If you fail to see that there is more than one reason why someone might like a particular player, then you're farther gone than I thought. But again, keep it coming though, I need it for amusement.

Blaze, interesting points. Look at someone like Ollie today. He totally drew the crowd in with his emotion, his heart. But it was all positive emotion. He didn't yell at anyone or anything. Same with Baghdatis the other night, Nadal last night, etc. Exhibiting your personality can be positive. And it can be negative like what Massu and Nalbandian have done in the past week, and it can be a combination of both like what Andy will sometimes do. I'm not so much a fan of the negative stuff, sure, sometimes Andy says funny things to the umps and it's good for a laugh but I would much much rather he just get over it and stick to positive energy instead. But I agree, it's quite the double standard for the players. Not all that different to the double standard put upon some of the posters here at MTF :)

fisher12190
09-04-2004, 09:21 PM
let me get this straight you enjoy matches where serving is dominating the matches with aces and shots you can't get back? BORING.

I'm not talking about pretty players. I'm talking about fluid artistic and looking natural when playing tennis/serving.

Deboogle!.
09-04-2004, 09:27 PM
did I say that? no. ok then :) I enjoy the occasional ace. Plus, Andy is not the only player I enjoy watching. If I only watched one kind of player all day long that would be boring. But an ace here and there is exciting to me. not interesting tennis, but exciting.

Just for the record, Andy's not even on the top 20 for Aces so far in the US Open. Where's all the hating on PimPim and Moya and Feli Lopez and Gambill and Pavel and all the other players who are averaging more aces per match than Andy? OK then.

I will reiterate, I don't care if someone is fluid or artistic looking. That's not what intrigues me. If that's what intrigues you and draws you into a player or into being interested in a match, then that is GREAT and I'm happy for you that there are players out there that satisfy your interests. But it's quite a good thing that we all like different things, no? Why do you care so much what I like?

Keep going :)

Seraphim
09-04-2004, 09:28 PM
Oh JESUS.

fisher12190
09-04-2004, 09:29 PM
overall he has the most aces do you really think i would just be talking about andy at the us open??

Deboogle!.
09-04-2004, 09:29 PM
not per match he doesn't. not even close.

Snoopy_Girl
09-04-2004, 09:30 PM
Bunk, unless it really entertains you.. stop trying ;), because even a brick wall would understand more from what you are saying than this person ever will... It's no use, some people just can't understand that different people like different things and they are just living to try and force their own opinion on others...

darnyelb
09-04-2004, 09:30 PM
I'm not a big fan of Roddick, but my some of my favorite tennis moments are when he's down 0-30, 0-40 even, on his own game, and you just know he's gonna bomb some unreturnable serves and get himself out of trouble. I love it...

joeb_uk
09-04-2004, 09:32 PM
bunk why does he have so many teenybopping fans?

fisher12190
09-04-2004, 09:34 PM
i forget where i saw it but roddick definitely has the most aces this year.

Snoopy_Girl
09-04-2004, 09:36 PM
i forget where i saw it but roddick definitely has the most aces this year.That's just fantastic...

fisher12190
09-04-2004, 09:37 PM
in 2003 roddick lead with 989 aces. beating Philippoussis by like 200.

fisher12190
09-04-2004, 09:37 PM
hey snoopy you are adding nothing to this thread just STFU and go away. 2003 match stats and roddick's aces.
http://www.atptennis.com/en/players/matchfacts/2003matchfacts.asp

star
09-04-2004, 09:38 PM
Cause he's young?

Why did Borg have so many teenybopping fans?

darnyelb
09-04-2004, 09:38 PM

I'm not bunk, but my feeling is, why wouldn't he have teenybopper fans?

He's young, attractive, plays a visually simple game and responsive to the crowd. And he's getting great results.

Snoopy_Girl
09-04-2004, 09:39 PM
hey snoopy you are adding nothing to this thread just STFU and go away. 2003 match stats and roddick's aces.
http://www.atptennis.com/en/players...3matchfacts.asp
Yeah.. like you have the right to say anything about me... Ah well. I guess you won't shut up before everybody hates Roddick, which is.. well.. euhm.. not ever gonna happen...

Deboogle!.
09-04-2004, 09:40 PM
actually snoopy...the alternative is reading court cases... so yea, it really is entertaining me now :) I have no objective at all except to laugh. And I'm achieving that, so yeah. Good times :)

joeb, I have no clue... I can't speak for a group of people of which I am not a part.

he has the most aces this year, total, and no one is disputing that (because it's impossible to dispute a hard fact). but not PER MATCH. Big difference. If you're gonna spout meaningless stats you should at least be equipped with full information or you'll just look silly. Oh wait.....

Yep, keep going:)

fisher12190
09-04-2004, 09:41 PM
hey moron you are not discussing anything in the thread except for flaming me. Go away.

Snoopy_Girl
09-04-2004, 09:42 PM
hey moron you are not discussing anything in the thread except for flaming me. Go away.Yeah. you've got a point there.. but wait... oh no, you don't...

fisher12190
09-04-2004, 09:42 PM
Does it really matter PER MATCH? He serves TONS of aces 200 more than the nearest person. and BTW where would you get a stat like per match? Are you making up stuff now?

Deboogle!.
09-04-2004, 09:43 PM
and BTW where would you get a stat like per match? Are you making up stuff now?

Because I can divide :bigcry: :sobbing: :haha: (plus they're on the ATP site in the stats file anyway)

Please keep going, please.

It's not his fault that he wins more than other people with big serves LMAO. If you don't see the relevance of aces per match.. then... wow.

Arcadion
09-04-2004, 09:44 PM
LOL, and he wonders why he gets banned over and over again. And it's so obvious it's the same person.

fisher12190
Hey moron aces per match has no relevance. total aces are what matters because aces per match is not a fact unless you get every match he played added up the aces than divided.... So yeah you have no life so do that. Oh and he probably has the most aces per match 2 because he has the most aces so that would go along with that, moron.

Deboogle!.
I've never said this on the board before, to anyone...

But you really are stupid.

http://www.atptennis.com/en/common/TrackIt.asp?file=/en/media/rankings/matchfacts.pdf

ae wowww
09-04-2004, 09:46 PM
GO RODDICk, the guys a hilarious tennis genius legendo

fisher12190
09-04-2004, 09:47 PM
You are a moron who enjoys bad tennis. Please show me the aces per match stat that you took out of your ass, moron and mental midget.

Snoopy_Girl
09-04-2004, 09:47 PM
LOL, and he wonders why he gets banned over and over again. And it's so obvious it's the same person.
Arcadion.. you are just saying that because you are teenybopping Roddick fan with no clue about tennis what so ever who is stupid for even considering watching someone with a big serve ;) (LOL j/k)... You are on dangerous grounds here, cuz you do have a Roddick avatar :p

Bunk, you were right, this is kind of amusing :)

Deboogle!.
09-04-2004, 09:48 PM
see, snoopy, I told ya!!

LMFAO calling me a moron and a mental midget! HAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!! At least I can do simple division :haha:

Plus if aces per match is such an irrelevant statistic as you allege, why do you care about seeing the stats?

fisher12190
09-04-2004, 09:50 PM
Hes one of the top ones with 12 in aces/match.
top in total aces.

Thats good enough.

Snoopy_Girl
09-04-2004, 09:51 PM
Ey, can I make another intelligent contribution to this thread? No? I'll do it anyway.. :p They are playing a Backstreet Boys song at Agassi's match, that's one of the lamest choices music-wise I've heard at the Open so far ;)

star
09-04-2004, 09:52 PM
oh my god, Bunk. He really is! And he was the one who was botching statistics in another thread. That was hilarious.

But anyway, Bunk lighten up on him. I think he is probably very, very young. :)

But other hilarious statistics are that Fisher has (circa) 69 posts. The first one was anti-Roddick, and it appears about 92.8% of his total posts have been anti-Roddick. And he says others have no life? :haha:

Devoting his entire posting career on MTF to negative posts about one player...... oh yeah.... and asking for bad reps.

Please Please don't bad rep the guy. He just thrives on negative attention

:wavey: Fisher.

Deboogle!.
09-04-2004, 09:53 PM
:haha: star!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and Snoopy...... watch it :fiery: :mad:

:p

fisher12190
09-04-2004, 09:53 PM
star you are on this forum every day of your life. You really need to get a life.

joeb_uk
09-04-2004, 09:54 PM
ok thanks for the info guys! what do you (roddick fans) think of these teeny bopping fans who support roddick?

star
:bigclap:

Now you've wounded me.

Snoopy_Girl
:haha: star!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and Snoopy...... watch it :fiery: :mad:

:pOk ok.. musical choices at the Open are the best.. ;) :p

Deboogle!.
09-04-2004, 09:55 PM
OMG LMFAO!! She has a better life than you could possibly imagine :haha: she actually gets up every day and does good work for good people. You just sit and obsess over wrong statistics and big servers

OMG my stomach hurts from laughing so hard.

fisher12190
09-04-2004, 09:56 PM
You and star have no life i mean 14,000 and 17,000 posts. This forum must be a huge portion of your life. If you got banned what would you do? hmm cry.... i guess

Deboogle!.
09-04-2004, 09:57 PM
ok thanks for the info guys! what do you (roddick fans) think of these teeny bopping fans who support roddick?

I think a fan is a fan and it doesn't really matter their reasoning. It's not Andy's fault that he's good-looking and has the kind of personality that might appeal to hormoning young ladies. But to assume that teenage girls are ALL he has is just narrow-minded. And to assume that every teenage female who likes him is a teenybopper who just thinks he's cute. Teenagers are capable of reasoned and logical thought as well.

OHHHHHHHH FISHER IT HURTS IT HURTS OHHHHHHHHHH

:haha:

Snoopy_Girl
09-04-2004, 09:57 PM
You and star have no life i mean 14,000 and 17,000 posts. This forum must be a huge portion of your life. If you got banned what would you do? hmm cry.... i guess
And in that case most people at MTF would cry for the sad loss!

joeb_uk
09-04-2004, 10:00 PM
a teeny bopper = a young fan who likes the players looks and is obsessed with how players look.

so of course there will be normal teenage fans, but these arent teeny boppers. i hope you understand what a teeny bopper is now

Deboogle!.
09-04-2004, 10:01 PM
I know what a teenybopper is, thanks. What's your point? If you define a teenybopper as someone who is obsessed with looks, then you've answered your own question as to why Andy has a lot of teenybopper fans, no? That would be a teleological statement and you shouldn't really have to ask the question lol

fisher12190
09-04-2004, 10:01 PM
Roddick has 2 types of fans teenie boppers and old middle aged ladies that obsess over him.

Snoopy_Girl
09-04-2004, 10:02 PM
Bunk and star, you are now officially old, middle aged ladies that obsess over Andy :) :wavey:

Deboogle!.
09-04-2004, 10:04 PM
oh hell, if I'm middle-aged now what am I gonna do when I am really middle-aged :sad:

joeb_uk
09-04-2004, 10:04 PM
yes but i asked why there are so many teeny boppers of andy, there are plenty of other good looking players who dont have the amount of these types of fans.

Snoopy_Girl
09-04-2004, 10:05 PM
oh hell, if I'm middle-aged now what am I gonna do when I am really middle-aged :sad:Laugh at this fisher person like we are doing right now? ;)

Deboogle!.
09-04-2004, 10:05 PM
I can't answer that question as I am not a teenybopper fan of Andy LOL

However, I would venture that both Hewitt and Safin have younger fans on average too. Maybe not as many as Andy but yeah. Cute, fiery, etc.

fisher12190
09-04-2004, 10:06 PM
Let me be specific: old, middleaged, obsessing over andy,ugly, If bunk or star saw andy in person they would be those people that would touch him in wrong ways.

Oh let me add probably lonely and have most of their "friends" on a forum.

I would venture to say single too.

Arcadion
09-04-2004, 10:08 PM
:haha: where do us male roddick fans, fit in then?

fisher12190
09-04-2004, 10:09 PM
The homosexual group.

Deboogle!.
oh my god..... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Snoopy_Girl
Let me be specific: old, middleaged, obsessing over andy,ugly, If bunk or star saw andy in person they would be those people that would touch him in wrong ways.Just cuz you would do that, doesn't mean everybody else would too :devil:

Deboogle!.
09-04-2004, 10:10 PM
:haha: where do us male roddick fans, fit in then?

omg I know..... you, Naldo, Nicolas, Levin, Ron, Mr. Man, Jace, Ryan... just admit it you are ALL old middle-aged UGLY ladies!!!

joeb_uk
The homosexual group.
it would be good to see how many of these teeny-bopping threads are actually created by gay males

fisher12190
I wouldn't touch andy with a 50 feet pole.

Snoopy_Girl
09-04-2004, 10:11 PM
omg I know..... you, Naldo, Nicolas, Levin, Ron, Mr. Man, Jace, Ryan... just admit it you are ALL old middle-aged UGLY ladies!!!
Nope, they aren't.. just homosexual ;)

Snoopy_Girl
09-04-2004, 10:11 PM
I wouldn't touch andy with a 50 feet pole.
Hard to admit that you want to touch him, huh?

fisher12190
09-04-2004, 10:12 PM
actually its funny i did a search on it and andy has a homosexual group following.

so now theres 3 groups

teenie boppers, ugly middled aged lady's, and homosexual males.

http://groups.msn.com/gayfansofandyroddick

Deboogle!.
09-04-2004, 10:13 PM
:haha: so you're not only a statistician but a sociologist too!! Oh I am impressed.

I don't fit into any of those three categories, I guess I am just a poriah in the land of Andy fans :tears:

joeb_uk
This groups is dedicated to the hottest man in teniss. Mr andy roddick. A gay fan group it will focus on male fans but we welcome female fans aswell. Aslong as they are respectfull.

LOL

Snoopy_Girl
actually its funny i did a search on it and andy has a homosexual group following.I assume you joined right away :)

joeb_uk
09-04-2004, 10:14 PM
"feel free to upload pics. NO nude pictures please."

joeb_uk
09-04-2004, 10:15 PM
"Oh yeah andy !!! back that ass up baby"

lmao!

joeb_uk
09-04-2004, 10:16 PM
this group is hilarious! very funny find

Snoopy_Girl
:lol:

Deboogle!.
ohmygod...... *gasp* *grabs forehead* NOT A YAHOOGROUP!!!!!!!!!!!! *faints*

joeb_uk
09-04-2004, 10:17 PM
can anyone share nude pics of arod for my personal use??

DAMN, this group is killing me

croat123
09-04-2004, 10:26 PM
i HATE him even more after last night. he looks at the speed gun after every serve even if the point is still going on. he lacks respect for the umpire and he also lacks respect for his opponent by hitting easy shots between his legs. and those stare-downs are fucking annoying. his game is so dependent on the intimidation factor, that's why he can't beat federer and can't beat anyone in the top 100 on clay

Tennis Fool
09-04-2004, 10:32 PM
Where is Tangy? Then the Bunk-Star-Tangerine Triuvariate would be complete. Can't have "Roddick" in a thread title without these three Sitting Ducks.

:sneezes Bunk's stale, burnt popcorn:

joeb_uk
09-04-2004, 10:34 PM
Be careful not to choke on that popcorn tf ;)

Tennis Fool
09-04-2004, 10:38 PM
i HATE him even more after last night. he looks at the speed gun after every serve even if the point is still going on. he lacks respect for the umpire and he also lacks respect for his opponent by hitting easy shots between his legs. and those stare-downs are fucking annoying. his game is so dependent on the intimidation factor, that's why he can't beat federer and can't beat anyone in the top 100 on clay

Roddick on blasting a 152-mile ace at Scoville Jenkins, who was playing his first Open match:

''I just wanted to welcome him to the court. I knew he was a little bit nervous, so I thought that I'd go at him and show him something early on."

Great.

:rolleyes:

Rick V
09-04-2004, 10:47 PM
It cracks me up that 2 of the bigger Roddick haters on this thread are fans of Safin and Marc Rosset(!).

As for Rosset, the guy was a tennis retard. He was the best example of a boring tennis player if there ever was one. And what did he ever do in a major? The Olympics you say? Pllllease. Face it - the guy had a crap game. He, not Roddick, was one-dimensional. And even that one-dimension sucked! Hence that illustrious career of his.

As for Safin, if total head cases are your thing then Safin is your guy. If being mentally fragile is a great thing then Safin is your guy. If partying with whores the night before your Austarlian Open final with Thomas Johansson (and then having them sit in your box during the match!) is your thing, then Safin is your guy. As for winning the same number of majors as Roddick, you might be forgetting that he is a few years longer on the pro tour. So he's played in a bunch more but still only won 1 (Yes, with all that talent).

And by the way, regarding Roddick's clay court play, he has won a couple of clay court events already in his career beating the likes of Fenando Gonzalez and Coria to name a couple. Look it up. Roddick's not a clay courter but his game is not "laughable" on clay either.

fisher12190
09-04-2004, 10:50 PM
You know what its always the person with the american flag defending andy roddick. I feel like such a sell out being american and disliking him.

MaratkicksA$$
09-04-2004, 10:50 PM
andy looks good? ROTF

papasmurf11
09-04-2004, 11:19 PM
Well because he is goodlooking I mean thats not his fault :)

joeb_uk
09-04-2004, 11:28 PM
LOL ok smurf :D good looking for young girls? or are there actually women who find him good looking?

andyroxmysox12191
09-04-2004, 11:28 PM
aaah the smell of andy haters starting up a new hate thread. wonderful isnt it? :hearts:
i missed this so much.....oh wait...it never stopped!
but either way please do go on with this fisher. it's putting me in a better mood

Fee
09-04-2004, 11:31 PM
I was wondering where this thread would go while I left for a couple of hours. Star and bunk, I am just laughing my head off reading this silliness (sorry I can't good rep either of you right now). Of course, you're right about this Fisher guy, he sounds suspiciously like that guy who went over the edge a few weeks ago, posting all those anti-Andy threads and ranting in all caps. Remember that night, it was hilarious...

As for a few of the posts in this thread that are just factually inaccurate, they are not even worth responding to. Thanks for the laughter, I needed it.

andyroxmysox12191
09-04-2004, 11:31 PM
ahem....i AM a teenager but i am no teeny bopper.
you really don't have to catagorize every female teen into a teeny bopper category if thats what you're doing. kinda stupid if you ask me cause we do have minds. but then again....i am just a teenager arent i? :rolleyes:
as i said before....please continue on with everyone :)

papasmurf11
09-04-2004, 11:32 PM
well im 19 and I find andy attractive which is a plus to me liking his tennis!
LOL ok smurf :D good looking for young girls? or are there actually women who find him good looking?

star
09-04-2004, 11:37 PM
I guess Mandy Moore thought he was good looking.

I think he's good looking, but not particularly sexy. There are better looking and sexier guys on the tour, imo, but I don't really just become a fan of a player because I think he's good looking.

CandyQueen
09-04-2004, 11:39 PM
okay, i like andy roddick, for his tennis not his looks, to me he aint all that. just his style of power play makes him interesting and he just works for every point. you all are just hating cause he can beat a lot of your favorite players!

Crazy_Fool
09-04-2004, 11:40 PM
:rolleyes: at this thread

Fee
09-04-2004, 11:41 PM
Joe B,

I'll try to take a serious stab at answering your question. Part of the reason that Andy has so many young, teenybopperish fans is because of marketing. Now, first, let's admit that he does have those types of fans, that's reality. And most of them don't know anything about tennis and many of them don't seem to care to learn anything. Thankfully, those types of fans DO NOT belong to this forum (well, maybe one but she seems to be trying to learn more about tennis), but they do inhabit the boards at his official site and I just cannot go there anymore. These are the same girls that liked Ashton Kutcher last year and Josh Hartnett the year before that. They like Andy because he looked good in Rolling Stone magazine or whatever. Eventually, some of them will learn more about tennis and become tennis fans (which is good for the game) and some will move on to the next guy who gets a show on the WB network or does a movie with Hillary Duff. It's the nature of teenybopperism, but those are just the observations of someone in the 25 year old plus crowd and I could be completely wrong.

Again, please note that I do not think that any of the Andy fans on this board are teenyboppers, even if some are teenagers. There is a difference. Huge difference.

fisher12190
09-04-2004, 11:43 PM
jennay and andyroxmysox are teenie boopers.

papasmurf11
09-04-2004, 11:46 PM
no there not both of them like many other players and know quite alot about tennis!

fisher12190
09-04-2004, 11:47 PM
the award goes to bkm08 tho... she is the ultimate teenie booper....

papasmurf11
09-04-2004, 11:48 PM
Well right now your acting like a teen very imature saying stuff about people you dont even know and making rude comments!

fisher12190
09-04-2004, 11:50 PM
your the one whos a teen, 19 years old, i guess that would classify you as a teenie booper. Also, cuz i didn't read one insightful post of yours about tennis.

fisher12190
09-04-2004, 11:50 PM
I bad repped you please return the favor.

papasmurf11
09-04-2004, 11:52 PM
Yes im a dumb teeny bopper that knows nothing about tennis! :rolleyes: The only post I have read from you are rude and immature nothing insightful about tennis!

star
09-04-2004, 11:53 PM
lol...... Jennay is the number 2 player on her high school team in Florida. She knows plenty about tennis.

fisher12190
09-04-2004, 11:54 PM
Hey can I tell you something. There is a forum for people with the andy roddick/duck avatar.

papasmurf11
09-04-2004, 11:55 PM
What were not allowed to post other places you just want to keep us in cages?I like many other players then Andy!

star
09-04-2004, 11:59 PM
yes, smurf...... Fisher thinks that anyone who likes Andy shouldn't voice his/her opinion. It's quite sweet and touching really. :lol:

superpinkone37
09-04-2004, 11:59 PM
lol...... Jennay is the number 2 player on her high school team in Florida. She knows plenty about tennis.

go jennay! *high five*
geez i cant believe this thread. its hilarious and so so ridiculous at the same time

star
09-05-2004, 12:04 AM
but mostly hilarious. :lol:

Fee
09-05-2004, 12:06 AM
Start the clock Star, I think he is getting close to using all caps and going ballistic again. Who wants to make the request to have him banned this time?

papasmurf11
09-05-2004, 12:07 AM
No point of banning he will just come back!

superpinkone37
09-05-2004, 12:10 AM
but mostly hilarious. :lol:

yep!! its so funny just reading these posts as that dude slowly goes insane....ok, actually it happens pretty quickly lol

papasmurf11
09-05-2004, 12:12 AM
yeah the poor little kid bad repped me! Surprized he hasnt responded probally too scared to now!

superpinkone37
09-05-2004, 12:13 AM
hehe, dont worry he will probaly be back soon

andyroxmysox12191
09-05-2004, 12:59 AM
ah yes......i'm a teeny bopper. right............whatever you say fisher :yeah:

*laughs at while sitting at the computer*

Deboogle!.
09-05-2004, 01:31 AM
NO! Let him stay...... he's much more interesting than mens rea and adverse acquisition!!!

Fee, I think I can speak for star in saying we are very glad to have amused you. I know it certainly made my afternoon much more humorous!!

MaratkicksA$$
09-05-2004, 01:32 AM
SORRY RODDICK FANS

THE FISHER DUDE IS JUST AN IDIOT

Deboogle!.
09-05-2004, 01:32 AM
Really????? I wasn't sure about that :scratch:

star
09-05-2004, 01:35 AM
oh. I love adverse acquisition. That's one of my favorites.

And Maratkicksa$$, I was thinking this thread had fufilled your expectations when you started it. :lol:

Deboogle!.
09-05-2004, 01:37 AM
"favorites"????????? you've gotta be kidding me!! I had to read a long case about someone who thought he owned land because he used it to store "junk" on it! AY GEVALT!

Fee
09-05-2004, 01:43 AM
Hey bunk, you want to send a stern, legal sounding letter to someone for me? I mean, I hear that 'imitation is the sincerest form of flattery' and all that, but I am getting really tired of this integrity-deprived schmuck who keeps copying things from my site. Lazy moron that he is... Then again, he seems to be one of those clueless still-young-and-immature-college-aged boy types, so maybe I should just ignore him. Argh, I don't know what to do....

Deboogle!.
09-05-2004, 01:45 AM
LOL let star do it, shes the REAL lawyer, I'm just in training :p Plus she's an ugly lady with absolutely no life and intentions to molest Andy so she might like something to do with her time :p then again so am I so maybe star and I should collaborate or something :haha: :rolls: omg I need to stop and breatheeeeeeee

Fee
09-05-2004, 01:49 AM
hmmm, methinks I need to unluck the liquor cabinet again, it's turning into another one of those nights. The lunatics are out, with intentions to keep us entertained. Is Henman still on court with that qualifier guy?

Deboogle!.
09-05-2004, 01:52 AM
ooooo pass some over here please :)

yes, Henman is up a break, 2*-1 in the 5th:)

star
09-05-2004, 01:53 AM
i don't have time to write letters like that because i am too busy sitting at the computer and leering at picutres of Andy. Sorry, Fee. :lol:

star
09-05-2004, 01:54 AM
All these five set matches!! The USO is very exciting this year, I think.

Deboogle!.
09-05-2004, 01:54 AM
I agree! And I haven't even seen most of it lol and it's not just that they're 5-setters... they're GREAT 5-setters where the quality is mostly high and stuff, too :)

Fee
09-05-2004, 02:23 AM
Star, I just have to shake my head at you and your lustful ways. You have fresh batteries handy? Wouldn't want your 'special computer time' to be less than fulfilling for you...

Bunk, what would you like? Red wine, port, sherry, Dr Pepper/Rum, Dr Pepper/vodka? Odd selection, I think I need to do a little shopping.

Check out my new signature. Too much?

Deboogle!.
09-05-2004, 02:27 AM
No Fee... your sig must go. Because if you like Andy then you can't possibly like anyone else. Sorry, but this is just the way it has to be. Your liking Andy, even if it's only a remote, little amount, precludes your liking of all other players. And it makes you old and ugly, so you'll have to let your husband know about the lies you've been keeping from him about your age.

Just gimme some vodka, I've got OJ here and will add some... thanks! :kiss:

Jennay
09-05-2004, 02:30 AM
jennay and andyroxmysox are teenie boopers.
:scratch:

Fee
09-05-2004, 02:34 AM
Here's your vodka, hope you 'absolutely' enjoy it.

But I didn't put Andy on my 'like' list because I don't want to be shunned (or old or ugly). I put him on my 'drive' list because that's how we met. Is that okay, or do I have to erase the whole thing and just put a picture of Safin there?

This thread is has completely deteriorated to just our conversation. We should have the Marat person change the title.

Deboogle!.
09-05-2004, 02:38 AM
:drink: YUM *slurp*

Yeah... you've just gotta take him out altogether. You might be better off having a picture of Hitler on this board than mentioning you might have one iota of positive feelings toward Andy :)

PinkFeatherBoa
09-05-2004, 02:43 AM
LOL Bunk.

Ah this thread has been a real savior for this poor long suffering, sleep deprived Henman fan, for keeping me amused while Tim was taking so long with that qualifier. Thanks to the thread starter and te wonderful fisher. ;)

Fee
09-05-2004, 02:44 AM
NO! I refuse. I am a proud American and I am going to stand up for my right to have Andy as the 21st name in my signature!

I never got a drink for myself...

Chloe le Bopper
09-05-2004, 02:46 AM
Um? Too many egos rubbing against each other and not enough fighting.

FIGHT!

Fee
09-05-2004, 03:17 AM
Alright campers, this thread has been a real blast, but I need to get going, spend some time with the marital partner. I think I offended Star with my lame attempt at subtle humor (the batteries comment was just a joke I swear). Maybe I'll do some more work on my signature later... maybe not...

:hug:

Ferrero Forever
09-05-2004, 09:35 AM
hes so annoying and egocentric...

unless you're a teeny girl who knows nothing about tennis :p

sorry, but are you trying to say that all roddick fans don't know anything about tennis? i'm not a roddick fan, but i think that they would know something about tennis. Andy isn't a player i like, but i don't hate him either. I just don't care about him.

Ferrero Forever
09-05-2004, 09:38 AM
couldn't agree more you should add he is a horror to watch because hes so boring and 1 dimensional.

JC is said to be one dimensional, but he's just the best

elusive
09-05-2004, 09:49 AM
omg this thread is entertainment to the last. :lol:

what happened to fisher ignorant. come back and fight!! :)

Daniel
09-05-2004, 01:45 PM
I dislike Andy so much :D

Patrick
09-05-2004, 01:57 PM
I can't stand Roddick. He's an extremely unpleasant, arrogant person. :rolleyes:

nevenez
05-07-2011, 02:05 PM
Serve fetish.

Topspindoctor
05-07-2011, 02:07 PM
How can anyone NOT like monoduck? His suicidal net rushing is the most hilarious thing to watch ever.