The Weakest Link [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

The Weakest Link

Auscon
09-04-2004, 01:06 PM
I was just going through the photos on the atptour website, and came across two of Andy Roddick and Boris Becker on the BBC's The Weakest Link tv show, from around late June this year

Anyone see this show? Was it all tennis players? How did Roddick and Becker fare?

plum_juice10
09-04-2004, 02:25 PM
I saw it and it was really gd and funny! I cant remember that much of the show but there was somethin really amusing which would make everyone laugh if they watched the show. Anne Robinson asked Roddick to name the letter of the alphabet that sounds like a female sheep and Roddick replied "baa" instead of ewe...but apparently in America they just call sheep, sheep.

plum_juice10
09-04-2004, 02:25 PM
I saw it and it was really gd and funny! I cant remember that much of the show but there was somethin really amusing which would make everyone laugh if they watched the show. Anne Robinson asked Roddick to name the letter of the alphabet that sounds like a female sheep and Roddick replied "baa" instead of ewe...but apparently in America they just call sheep, sheep.

Go onto this website http://sport.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2004/06/21/stmott21.xml and theres some other stuff bout the show too...not that much though, and Becker won it

Eruwen
09-04-2004, 03:00 PM
I saw that! They showed it on the BBC on a rainy day at Wimbledon (mmm... rain and Wimbledon, what a surprise :lol: ). I thought it was really really funny! Especially Andy, the guy's got a great sense of humor!

Boris Becker couldn't pronounce Wimbledon... That was really funny to watch! :lol:

cleverdutchclogs
08-19-2005, 02:48 AM
Boris Becker couldn't pronounce Wimbledon... That was really funny to watch! :lol:

Don't you mean Wombledon.................LOL :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

LoveFifteen
08-19-2005, 03:15 AM
In the US, we actually do call female sheep "ewes". Was Ginger joking? Or just .... um .... ignorant?

alelysafina
08-19-2005, 03:34 AM
ignorant... isn't andy from nebraska? shouldn't he of known??

LoveFifteen
08-19-2005, 06:01 AM
ignorant... isn't andy from nebraska? shouldn't he of known??

Yes, he should've known. Just like you should've known that it's not "should of" but rather "should've". :D

Just kidding ... I am trying to be a bitch like that Weakest Link lady.

El Legenda
08-19-2005, 06:07 AM
Anne is a bitch.

The Pro
08-19-2005, 12:22 PM
Anne's great, in a bitchy way.

I think Andy won, but don't quote me on that.

Nimomunz
08-19-2005, 03:31 PM
i heart Anne........she's a closet dominatrix!!

Regenbogen
08-19-2005, 04:19 PM
Anne Robinson asked Roddick to name the letter of the alphabet that sounds like a female sheep and Roddick replied "baa" instead of ewe...but apparently in America they just call sheep, sheep.
:haha: :haha: i remember watching that, i was like, what, doesn't he know the alphabet.....baa is not a letter :help: