AO R2: Lukasz Kubot def. Santiago Giraldo (COL) 6/4 3/6 6/3 6/1 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

AO R2: Lukasz Kubot def. Santiago Giraldo (COL) 6/4 3/6 6/3 6/1

shawshank
01-21-2010, 05:58 AM
Wow! 3rd round of GS for a second time in his career. Good match overall from Kubot, Giraldo broke down after 3rd set. It seems Kubot played a lot of winners and went to the net quite often.
This match will let Kubot to advance to 67-68 position in the ATP ranking. It will also most probably allow him to play all Grand Slams this year without qualies.
Next: Youzhny. I thought Youzhny would be tired after a marathon with Gasquet but he seemed perfect today. Shame that Lukasz has to play doubles tomorrow coz he might get tired.
Anyway, I'm 100% satisfied with KuGoat's performance in AO :)

Voo de Mar
01-21-2010, 06:03 AM
This match will let Kubot to advance to 67-68 position in the ATP ranking. It will also most probably allow him to play all Grand Slams this year without qualies.

It's another milestone for him, this AO allows him to play Indian Wells and Miami without qualies :banana:

FlameOn
01-21-2010, 06:04 AM
Kubot must have so much confidence right now. :yeah:

I just wonder, why the hell did he leave it so late to start having good results in singles? :p

Try your best against Youzhny. :)

Kolya
01-21-2010, 06:25 AM
Polska!!!

born_on_clay
01-21-2010, 07:17 AM
Amazing Łukasz !
What a start to the season :)
Good luck against the Russian

Voo de Mar
01-21-2010, 07:26 AM
I think in Kubot's case in the last 12 months a word "luck" has double meaning. Obviously he can speak about a bad luck remembering defeats to Bellucci, Troicki (twice) and Wawrinka but his draws in Belgrade, Doha and Melbourne it's amazing luck :) Even his draw in Paris which gave him Top 100 for the first time (Andreas Beck in the 1st round, instead of Blake, Berdych, Ljubicic etc.)

born_on_clay
01-21-2010, 07:29 AM
I think in Kubot's case in the last 12 months a word "luck" has double meaning. Obviously he can speak about a bad luck remembering defeats to Bellucci, Troicki (twice) and Wawrinka but his draws in Belgrade, Doha and Melbourne it's amazing luck :) Even his draw in Paris which gave him Top 100 for the first time (Andreas Beck in the 1st round, instead of Blake, Berdych, Ljubicic etc.)

I agree, but once more: what Łukasz has to do with it ? Players has no influence on the draws. Kubot is just playing his tennis :D
btw. he could play Robredo in R2, oh sorry I should say he should play but Tommy failed once more...

CooCooCachoo
01-21-2010, 07:33 AM
Santi :sobbing:

But Lukasz :banana:

Two headcases, two players that have underachieved so far in their careers but also two players that are coming into their own. Great to see :yeah:

rolandgarros
01-21-2010, 08:30 AM
He will beat Youzhny

born_on_clay
01-21-2010, 08:26 PM
He will beat Youzhny

I don't think so but I would like to see it happenning

stzenit
01-21-2010, 09:08 PM
Wow! 3rd round of GS for a second time in his career. Good match overall from Kubot, Giraldo broke down after 3rd set. It seems Kubot played a lot of winners and went to the net quite often.
Next: Youzhny. I thought Youzhny would be tired after a marathon with Gasquet but he seemed perfect today. Shame that Lukasz has to play doubles tomorrow coz he might get tired.
Anyway, I'm 100% satisfied with KuGoat's performance in AO :)

Youzhny played doubles the day after gasquet match too ;);)

Good job Kubot I'm happy for him. Just please don't trouble Youzhny before Nole :devil:

Ad Wim
01-21-2010, 09:11 PM
OMG Giraldo, what went wrong?! How can you beat Robredo big time and two days later lose big time to this serve-and-volley guy?! :sad:

fran70
01-21-2010, 09:55 PM
I was unable to see that match. But congrats for Kubot for reaching the 3rd round though. Hopefully I will see both players in Buenos Aires in a couple of weeks :-)

Team_Roddick
01-21-2010, 09:57 PM
It's another milestone for him, this AO allows him to play Indian Wells and Miami without qualies :banana:

Good news.

marquez
01-21-2010, 10:13 PM
He will beat Youzhny

youzhny looks strong
cant see that

still a very good tournament

marquez
01-21-2010, 10:16 PM
OMG Giraldo, what went wrong?! How can you beat Robredo big time and two days later lose big time to this serve-and-volley guy?! :sad:

the answer hides in your post probably ;)

Snowwy
01-21-2010, 10:19 PM
Dedicated to DATS :sad:

*Jean*
01-22-2010, 06:25 AM
Lukasz :hearts: