Which one is better? Being a loyal tard or a bandwagon jumper? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Which one is better? Being a loyal tard or a bandwagon jumper?

muchu
01-21-2010, 05:09 AM
So in this middle of AO 2010, I notice a lot of bandwagon jumpers going round and round..makes predictions and boasts awesomeness of so so players. But of course many MTF users are loyal tards. Just curious, which one is better for you in terms of discussing tennis?:devil:

If any case, this is a re-post, sorry then. cheers

Johnny Groove
01-21-2010, 05:17 AM
At least a tard had loyalty.

Bandwagon hoppers suck.

The worst is the bandwagon hopping tard.

philosophicalarf
01-21-2010, 05:20 AM
Both types should be forced to sit under a trampoline as Burgerdatis and Burgerbandian bounce around enthusiastically above.

MIMIC
01-21-2010, 06:07 AM
I much prefer the tard. :cool:

Loyalty over ADD fickleness anyday.

Roddickominator
01-21-2010, 06:38 AM
The bandwagon jumper is not even a true fan....they are just pretenders. The only form of satisfaction they get from their player of the week winning is a very shallow one....which they will forget about tomorrow when the next wagon begins to roll.

The delusional tard is bad in a different way....but at least you know they really enjoy that their player wins.

Kolya
01-21-2010, 10:05 AM
Loyalty.

No doubt about this.

Sophocles
01-21-2010, 10:07 AM
Prefer the bandwagoners. At least they're capable of seeing merit in more than one player.

Ferrero Forever
01-21-2010, 10:13 AM
Prefer the bandwagoners. At least they're capable of seeing merit in more than one player.

Interesting way of looking at it. I think bandwagoners are fine, provided they remain on the bandwagon for the long term (or have a good reason to get off it). I guess theres a difference between being a tard and a fan. At least with me I like to think that I can admit when my faves just plain suck, and give credit to their opponents when they deserve it. I guess a tard only has eyes for their faves, and everyone else sucks. I used to be like that, but actually enjoying the game of tennis, and having a favourite within that larger game is much more enjoyable:)

Tommy fan
01-21-2010, 10:15 AM
I prefer the tards :cool:

Sampras is King
01-21-2010, 10:23 AM
I'm a tard. Sampras is, and will always be, the greatest player of all time. I shall always be able to defend that statement.
That doesn't mean I can't appreciate other great players.
Keep it tard guys.

Sophocles
01-21-2010, 10:26 AM
I'm a tard. Sampras is, and will always be, the greatest player of all time. I shall always be able to defend that statement.
That doesn't mean I can't appreciate other great players.
Keep it tard guys.

I rest my case.

Sampras is King
01-21-2010, 10:30 AM
I rest my case.
Good thing I said that doesn't mean I can't appreciate great players.
The point is, I'm sorry if you don't have a favorite player, can't imagine that's possible, but hey, I've seen crazier things.

Sophocles
01-21-2010, 10:34 AM
Good thing I said that doesn't mean I can't appreciate great players.
The point is, I'm sorry if you don't have a favorite player, can't imagine that's possible, but hey, I've seen crazier things.

For the appreciation to be genuine, it has to be on the players' actual merits. Saying Sampras will always be the greatest player of all time means, by definition, you will never be able to appreciate anybody greater - precisely the player most deserving of appreciation.

Sampras is King
01-21-2010, 10:46 AM
For the appreciation to be genuine, it has to be on the players' actual merits. Saying Sampras will always be the greatest player of all time means, by definition, you will never be able to appreciate anybody greater - precisely the player most deserving of appreciation.
Wow, you really don't understand the concept of being a loyal fan, do you?
Do you have children? Do you think they're the best? yes? well that's because they're yours.
It's emotional and objective, but mostly emotional.
And just for you, yes you are right. All of us that have personal faves are dumb, we're not open minded, we don't appreciate the game and the players, whatever it is you want, you got it.
Just cut the crap and lighten up.
Thanks.

Sophocles
01-21-2010, 10:50 AM
Wow, you really don't understand the concept of being a loyal fan, do you?
Do you have children? Do you think they're the best? yes? well that's because they're yours.
It's emotional and objective, but mostly emotional.
And just for you, yes you are right. All of us that have personal faves are dumb, we're not open minded, we don't appreciate the game and the players, whatever it is you want, you got it.
Just cut the crap and lighten up.
Thanks.

I'm in a good mood actually :confused:. "Favourite" is different from "best", just as "fan" is different from "tard". Do I love my children more than any others? Of course. Do I imagine they are the most intelligent or best behaved or even most interesting children in the world? No.

I understand Sampras will always be your favourite player and I have no problem with that. Federer is my favourite player and that probably won't change either.

Sampras is King
01-21-2010, 11:08 AM
I'm in a good mood actually :confused:. "Favourite" is different from "best", just as "fan" is different from "tard". Do I love my children more than any others? Of course. Do I imagine they are the most intelligent or best behaved or even most interesting children in the world? No.

I understand Sampras will always be your favourite player and I have no problem with that. Federer is my favourite player and that probably won't change either.
Oh, Federer is your favorite player? Well see, now I know where your coming from... :D
Favorite is different from best, but you tend to think your favorite is the best, don't you?
I mean, you don't think Federer is the best? If you don't well, you're absolutely right! :D

Goldenoldie
01-21-2010, 11:33 AM
Interesting way of looking at it. I think bandwagoners are fine, provided they remain on the bandwagon for the long term (or have a good reason to get off it). I guess theres a difference between being a tard and a fan. At least with me I like to think that I can admit when my faves just plain suck, and give credit to their opponents when they deserve it. I guess a tard only has eyes for their faves, and everyone else sucks. I used to be like that, but actually enjoying the game of tennis, and having a favourite within that larger game is much more enjoyable:)

Yes, yes, yes :worship:

Sophocles
01-21-2010, 11:37 AM
I mean, you don't think Federer is the best?

Don't know. He's clearly in the conversation, but Laver, Rosewall, Gonzales, Tilden, Borg, and yes, Sampras, are too.

Of course you're right that you choose your favourites for a reason.