Early US Hardcourt [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Early US Hardcourt

soulage
01-20-2010, 07:31 PM
Seb has a WC for San Jose and then will play qualies of Memphis and Delray. A quarter would be nice.

Marine
01-20-2010, 09:00 PM
Thanks for the info.

I really don't know where he finds all his motivation at his age, after 2 horrible and painful years without tennis.
He's not able to play physically at 100% because he's not fit enough, that's normal. And we know seb always has disliked to travel a lot and play too many tournaments. So, with 3 kids at home, not easy to be motived.
:confused: lol

Truc
02-06-2010, 09:41 AM
Any info why he isn't playing San Jose in the end?

soulage
02-06-2010, 12:10 PM
No news and he's not tired by all the matches he played this year. We'll see if he plays memphis qualies

yoyotex04
02-11-2010, 11:45 PM
Anyone have some news about Seb?? Because he hasn't play at San Jose while he had a WC. Furthermore I don't find anything about the Memphis qualies...

Truc
02-12-2010, 09:27 AM
:shrug: He's still on the alternates list of the Memphis qualies.

I will never get why they can't update his beautiful website, the last update was in *2008*.

Truc
02-12-2010, 03:30 PM
He is out of the qualies list of Memphis.

There still is a small chance it's to play Marseille...

soulage
02-12-2010, 04:30 PM
It would be strange :confused: if it's a problem with his shoulder it begins to be desesperate situation but without news we don't know :rolleyes:

GrosjeanFan1994
02-14-2010, 04:04 PM
Any news?
Yes, an update of the website once in a while would be nice!

soulage
02-17-2010, 05:15 PM
He's in the qualifying entry list of Indian Wells and we'll see if he makes the qualies of delray this week-end.

soulage
02-20-2010, 09:43 PM
He's not in the qualy draw of Delray Beach and still no news :o His last match was 19th january one month ago.

Marine
02-20-2010, 10:25 PM
It's a shame there are no news anywhere !!! L'Equipe...?????

Truc
02-20-2010, 10:35 PM
He is in the main draw, he got a WC:

[7] J Blake (USA) vs. T Dent (USA)
Qualifier vs. R Haase (NED)
[WC] S Grosjean (FRA) vs. D Brands (GER)
P Petzschner (GER) vs. [2] I Karlovic (CRO

soulage
02-20-2010, 10:44 PM
I was too fast and didn't check MD :bolt: Well Brands not the worst draw again.

Marine
02-20-2010, 10:46 PM
Thank you Truc! It puts me at ease !!!!!!

Grosjeanfan
02-24-2010, 12:37 AM
Lost :( 2-1

soulage
02-24-2010, 10:34 AM
Playing a match by month it will be tough, his stats on returns are not great but expected as he needs rythm. He should play IW qualies for is next tournament.

soulage
03-09-2010, 01:09 PM
First qualifying round in IW vs Kevin Anderson.

yoyotex04
03-09-2010, 02:55 PM
Seb was decidedly unlucky for his draws... :( moreover Kevin Anderson is a good attack player

yoyotex04
03-09-2010, 10:30 PM
Séb lost 6/3 7/6 :mad:
next match, probably Sunrise or Miami...

Truc
03-10-2010, 12:16 PM
Seb was decidedly unlucky for his draws... :(He lost to Ilhan, Brands and Anderson in his last 3 tournaments, that's rather soft competition at ATP level.
I don't get why he doesn't play a couple of Challengers events - unless his body doesn't allow it, of course.

He has a main draw wild-card for Sunrise:
http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2010-03-09/sports/fl-ryan-harrison-sunrise-tennis-0310_1_andy-lake-wild-indian-wells

soulage
03-10-2010, 12:17 PM
Sunrise is a challenger but with the field of a a 250 it will be tough again. His stats on serve are not great he has to save so many BP :eek: For his come back Ancic plays futures i'm wondering if it's not better cos Seb has not the level of the tournament he plays.

yoyotex04
03-10-2010, 05:47 PM
Sunrise is a challenger but with the field of a a 250 it will be tough again. His stats on serve are not great he has to save so many BP :eek: For his come back Ancic plays futures i'm wondering if it's not better cos Seb has not the level of the tournament he plays.

Yes I agree with you but "challengers" should suffice (not all levels of Sunrise) because to play lot of "futurs" without any motivation it's not better I think...

I hope for he that he will find a good level before Roland and Wimbledon because I'm not sure that he has plenty of motivation after!

Marine
03-10-2010, 09:22 PM
Roland is at home so he can be motived but has any chance on clay, he's not fit at all. wimby is better for him, but honestly, I don't give him any chance either.
I love him, but I don't understand him. Why does he insist ? His body seems to say STOP for a long time...

soulage
03-13-2010, 05:44 PM
Before the tournament he will have an exhibition tomorrow http://www.sunrisetennis.com/index.php/component/content/article/42-rokstories/296-free-tennis-exhibition-match-featuring-sebastien-grosjean-on-march-14-to-launch-start-of-2010-bmw-tennis-championship.html

soulage
03-15-2010, 11:17 AM
pics from Sunrise facebook http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=165490&id=54790777266

http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs383.snc3/23450_369485012266_54790777266_4299212_5509388_n.j pg
http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs383.snc3/23450_369485147266_54790777266_4299223_1985558_n.j pg

soulage
03-15-2010, 08:43 PM
He draws Jan Hajek it's a good draw let's see what he's able to do.

Marine
03-15-2010, 08:53 PM
I'm not sure to want to see... :unsure:

Well, at least he can spend some time with arnaud, it's cool.

Bobble
03-16-2010, 09:01 PM
tight tiebreak! keep it up Seb. 2-6 7-6 (12-10)

soulage
03-20-2010, 03:34 PM
I followed big part of his match vs Hajek and it was not good :sad: lack of power tons of UE sometimes he hits a great shots but not enough. His serve is a big problem imo and He has no rythm after those long breaks and as he lost fisrt round the tournaments he plays it's tough. He should go on the challenger tour to try a bit. The clay season will not be a good moment we'll see on grass.

I also follow the double match yesterday and i found him better even if his volleys are sometimes poor but it was nice to see both playing together. During the match vs Hajek we could heard Arno cheering for Seb all the time Super, Bien servi, Dommage, Allez Seb and during the doubles the same both are cheering. I'm not sure cos the straming is a video fiw but it seems that sons of Seb was there yerterday :confused:

aliasthad
03-20-2010, 05:22 PM
I followed big part of his match vs Hajek and it was not good :sad: lack of power tons of UE sometimes he hits a great shots but not enough. His serve is a big problem imo and He has no rythm after those long breaks and as he lost fisrt round the tournaments he plays it's tough. He should go on the challenger tour to try a bit. The clay season will not be a good moment we'll see on grass.

I didn't see the match, but it's a real shame if, after all this time and effort, there is no improvement for him. :awww:

I also follow the double match yesterday and i found him better even if his volleys are sometimes poor but it was nice to see both playing together.

I really enjoyed watching the live stream of the doubles match as it's the only time I have ever been able to see Seb & Arnaud on court together! And they won! :D

I'm not sure cos the straming is a video fiw but it seems that sons of Seb was there yerterday :confused:

I noticed that too right at the end of the match and thought it may be Tom (from what I could see he hugged Arnaud!).

Some pics:

soulage
03-20-2010, 06:08 PM
They lost today Damm/Polasek was really better especially at the net against the dwarf :lol:

I noticed that too right at the end of the match and thought it may be Tom (from what I could see he hugged Arnaud!).
Exactly the litlle boy who gave a huge to Aanaud and who was playing with the ball before the start of the match and it's sure it's Seb's son as he was again here today and run across the court to give a huge to Seb :angel: Arnaud and Seb also shared a huge after the MP. The capture of my streaming are really poor.

aliasthad
03-20-2010, 06:41 PM
They lost today Damm/Polasek was really better especially at the net against the dwarf :lol:
Exactly the litlle boy who gave a huge to Aanaud and who was playing with the ball before the start of the match and it's sure it's Seb's son as he was again here today and run across the court to give a huge to Seb :angel: Arnaud and Seb also shared a huge after the MP. The capture of my streaming are really poor.

Damn! I forgot they were playing so early!!! Thanks for the screencaps - very cute! :angel:

Via
03-21-2010, 02:23 AM

:hearts: lots of huge ??? around !!!

GrosjeanFan1994
03-21-2010, 03:12 PM
N'awww. Thanks for all the updates everyone. Like you've mentioned, I really don't see what motivates him anymore; but it's good to see him on court and enjoying it with Arnaud and his son :)
Some pics here; don't seem able to save them and upload
http://www.sunrisetennis.com/index.php/photos/photo.html?userid=63&albumid=28#photoid=1307
http://www.sunrisetennis.com/index.php/photos/photo.html?userid=63&albumid=28#photoid=1306
http://www.sunrisetennis.com/index.php/photos/photo.html?userid=63&albumid=28#photoid=1303

soulage
03-22-2010, 07:42 PM
I really don't see what motivates him anymore
No idea :confused: This week he pulled out from Miami qualies not waiting to see if he would have made the cut. I have no idea of his schedule in the next weeks :confused:

Marine
03-22-2010, 11:54 PM

ahhh so cute ! :hearts: I'd love to see Tom, I think he's 8 now. I saw him in RG, he was 3 and just adorable !!!!!
Thanks for the pics.
Just a pity I couldn't see arnaud & his godson. ;)

aliasthad
03-23-2010, 06:25 PM
ahhh so cute ! :hearts: I'd love to see Tom, I think he's 8 now. I saw him in RG, he was 3 and just adorable !!!!!
Thanks for the pics.
Just a pity I couldn't see arnaud & his godson. ;)

Here's a pic of Tom and Lola from BMW Open '08:

Truc
03-26-2010, 08:01 AM
An article in L'Equipe today, he also has a knee problem (the doc even said it would require surgery, but Seb refused). He will give it a try in the clay season and then make his decision depending on how he feels in Roland:
Grosjean en travers
Chez lui, à 75 kilomètres de Miami, le Français attend la terre battue pour décider de la suite de sa carrière.

IL EN FUT EN 1999 le héros, ou presque, battu seulement par Richard Krajicek après avoir écarté Gustavo Kuerten puis Carlos Moya, alors numéro 1 mondial. Il en fut aussi longtemps le « régional de l’étape ». Mais, cette année, Sébastien Grosjean ne suit le Masters 1000 de Miami qu’en spectateur. En téléspectateur, même, depuis sa résidence de Boca Raton, à une heure et demie de route de la presqu’île de Key Biscayne, où se déroule le tournoi. À quelques dizaines de miles mais à des années-lumière.
Woodfield Residence, Boca Raton, Floride. Ici, tout n’est que calme et volupté. Palmiers, maisons cossues, lacs artificiels, clubs de tennis et de golf, terrains de basket, entrées sous bonne garde : toute la panoplie de la Floridian way of life bon chic, bon genre s’étale ainsi avec ostentation sur plusieurs hectares. On aime ou on n’aime pas. Sébastien Grosjean et sa femme, eux, ont adhéré tout de suite. C’est là que, il y a plus de dix ans déjà, le Français a trouvé refuge avec son épouse. Là qu’il a fondé une famille (trois enfants) et construit son home sweet home. Là qu’il a opiniâtrement assuré les bases de son équilibre de champion. Là enfin que, à près de trente-deux ans, il réfléchit désormais sérieusement à la suite à donner à sa carrière.
Une fissure au ménisque
Actuellement 550e à l’ATP après avoir atteint le 4e rang mondial en octobre 2002, bénéficiant d’un classement « protégé » (175e) après son opération à l’épaule en décembre 2008, Sébastien Grosjean n’est aujourd’hui plus tout à fait maître de son destin. Tributaire de wild-cards que certains organisateurs veulent bien, ici et là, lui accorder, contraint de disputer le plus souvent les qualifs des tournois ATP ou même des Challengers, le Français n’a même pas pu prendre part à « son » tournoi de Miami. L’heure est toutefois moins aux regrets qu’au bilan. « En fait, révèle-t-il, après mon problème d’épaule, j’ai découvert que j’avais aussi un problème au genou gauche, une fissure au ménisque. » Les médecins américains préconisaient l’opération. Mais, pour le Français, « cela voulait dire encore plus de quatre mois d’interruption et, là, pas question ! »
Pas question non plus de mettre pour autant un terme abrupt à une carrière de quinze ans jalonnée de demi-finales en Grand Chelem (à l’Open d’Australie, à Wimbledon et à Roland-Garros), d’une finale au Masters (2001) et d’une victoire en Coupe Davis (2001). « Parce que le plaisir et l’envie sont toujours là ! insiste-t-il. Mon cœur et ma tête disent “encore”. Mais c’est le physique qui risque de m’obliger à dire stop. Mais ça, je ne le sais pas encore. »
En attendant, le Français est condamné à vivre au jour le jour et à faire contre mauvaise fortune bon cœur. « Je vais vraiment tester tout ça sur terre battue, dit-il. Probablement les qualifs de Munich, le Challenger de Bordeaux, Nice et Roland-Garros. » Pour y tirer une dernière fois sa révérence devant le public parisien ? « Non, je n’ai pas envie qu’on me fasse un beau discours sur le central, ironise-t-il au passage. Sinon, j’aurais plutôt choisi Bercy, où j’ai gagné, pour ce genre de cérémonie. Si je me sens bien à Roland, pas de problème. Sinon, il sera toujours temps d’aviser. » Et d’envisager ou pas, cette fois, les délices d’une retraite dorée sous le soleil de Floride.
MARC BEAUPÈRE

soulage
03-26-2010, 10:34 AM
When the body says stop you've to stop. He has no more shoulders, no more knee and plays crappy :sad: He should prepare a way to say goodbye. His carreer has stopped two years ago indeed. Well it's tough to stop when it's not your decision but the one of your body.

Marine
03-26-2010, 10:11 PM
Thanks for the article.
pffffff.... je pense tout pareil soulage.

It's not easy, ok, but he has to take the decision. It can be weird to say that, of course I'd prefer to see him playing, but he doesn't play anymore, that's not a "nice end". It's just sad.

Grosjeanfan
03-27-2010, 02:42 AM
I for one am happy that he is still playing and want him to continue. I would rather see him play and lose then never see him play again, but whatever makes him happy really... I just know that I will cry when he announces he is done playing tennis

aliasthad
03-28-2010, 01:06 AM
Poor Seb! Not more problems... :mad:
I would love him to continue for as long as he is healthy and happy to do so. It's very sad that all of his efforts to return to form and fitness have failed him so far. My fingers are crossed for what it's worth. :hug:

GrosjeanFan1994
04-03-2010, 05:56 PM
Oh no :(
I would love to see him carry on playing; but only if it's worth wile. Obviously we can't expect miracles from him at this stage in his career, but I think him continuing to play would only be the correct choice if he can make something of it. As much as I'd love to see him play, surely he can't be getting any motivation from losing or even being unable to play. I'm sure he will decide what is best for him, but I'm wondering whether it would be nicer for us to hear he's stopped and remember all the high points in his career, before it gets worse and there's another 6 months (or how ever long) of bad news/result for him.
I'm sure he will do what's right :hug: