And his attitude in the last couple points shows why I hate him so much

rubbERR
01-20-2010, 03:15 AM
and pusher wins...

01-20-2010, 03:15 AM
Roddick's profanity-laced tirade FTW

Ilovetheblues_86
01-20-2010, 03:16 AM
Bellucci is a good baseliner and knows how to construct points but his shots has no pace to hard court so Roddick had no problems to slice them back and make the brazilian do UEs. Also, on serve Roddick was ok, broken oly once in the second set when had already adv of 5*-2.

Calidreth
01-20-2010, 03:17 AM
Couple blips here and there but a solid performance. And he was right to argue with the ref at the end, he could've gotten to it.

River
01-20-2010, 03:21 AM
I don't agree with the F bombs he landed, but I do agree with his argument; he deserved to replay the point since he was already there, he /had/ a play on it. The damn ref awarded a point.. bleh.

shawshank
01-20-2010, 03:21 AM
What happened between Roddick and Fergus Murphy?

mute_cheetah
01-20-2010, 03:23 AM
can anyone tell me what the one-slam wonder did?

COA
01-20-2010, 03:23 AM
A little improvement comparing to 1st round match, solid serve and baseline game by Andy. Good win.

Love that tirade at last game.

sammy01
01-20-2010, 03:24 AM
i wish roddick wouldn't do things like he did at the end of this match. hes like late 20's now he needs to carry himself better than that, as a semi fan like me gets put off by it.

anyway glad he got through.

Calidreth
01-20-2010, 03:24 AM
Same thing that happened against Kohlscreiber in 2008. He stopped a play on a ball that hit the line because it was called out, then the hawk-eye said it was in. Instead of replaying the point, the ref gave the point to Bellucci even though Roddick was in range and backed off because of the call. Roddick argues in his own "unique" way, but he was right in this case.

Allstar
01-20-2010, 03:25 AM
Roddick just being an idiot again. He signalled challenge simultaneously with the out call, so he was never going to play the ball if the call hadn't come. Good umpiring

Calidreth
01-20-2010, 03:28 AM
well guess you could say it was the line judges fault if anything

LleytonMonfils
01-20-2010, 03:28 AM
Roddick just being an idiot again. He signalled challenge simultaneously with the out call, so he was never going to play the ball if the call hadn't come. Good umpiring

He didn't signal challenge. He put his fist in the air after the out call because he had won the match. :rolleyes:

Got to love the Roddick rant at the end of the match. Point should have been replayed no doubt. Andy always gets the short end of the stick on that rule.

What did he serve like 80% first serves? RIDICULOUS!

bad gambler
01-20-2010, 03:30 AM
Impressive performance by Roddick. Looks like he is really hungry for success this fortnight.

Calidreth
Yeah and 90% in the last set, truly was something.

mute_cheetah
just goes to show you, even with a couple of wins under his belt since last year, he is and always will be a DOUCHE BAG!!!

Allstar
01-20-2010, 03:33 AM
He didn't signal challenge. He put his fist in the air after the out call because he had won the match. :rolleyes:

Got to love the Roddick rant at the end of the match. Point should have been replayed no doubt. Andy always gets the short end of the stick on that rule.

What did he serve like 80% first serves? RIDICULOUS!

Nah that's rubbish, he put his finger up like when the umpire signals out, there is absolutely no way he was playing that ball or that he put his hand up in celebration.

I think a lot of the time umpires get it wrong but Fergus was spot on to give it to Bellucci

Jimnik
01-20-2010, 03:34 AM
Another win without TBs. Good job Andy.

Hope this solid form continues.

starr_00
01-20-2010, 03:36 AM
just goes to show you, even with a couple of wins under his belt since last year, he is and always will be a DOUCHE BAG!!!
Eh, that's your opinion. The last 10 minutes of coverage on ESPN showed why I think Roddick is awesome for the sport and just in general. In a span of 5 minutes, they show a clip of him making the entire press room laugh, cracking jokes about his dog, Cliffy saying he's got the best sense of humor in tennis... and then a few minutes later - he gets a bum call (IMO) from Fergus and he rightly (again, IMO) battles fervently for it. Personality. He's so much more fun to watch than random boring guy. His hard work over the years and consistency in the top 10 just gives more shades to his personality.

Anyway - sorry for the rant... decent match - expected win.

Corey Feldman
01-20-2010, 03:36 AM
he's as classless as ever

he does it every year with the "dont you think i could have got that ball?"

umpire's face usually - i dont give a fuck you stupid brat.

Calidreth
01-20-2010, 03:38 AM
class in sports is pointless - all that matters is the win

mute_cheetah
01-20-2010, 03:38 AM
Eh, that's your opinion. The last 10 minutes of coverage on ESPN showed why I think Roddick is awesome for the sport and just in general. In a span of 5 minutes, they show a clip of him making the entire press room laugh, cracking jokes about his dog, Cliffy saying he's got the best sense of humor in tennis... and then a few minutes later - he gets a bum call (IMO) from Fergus and he rightly (again, IMO) battles fervently for it. Personality. He's so much more fun to watch than random boring guy. His hard work over the years and consistency in the top 10 just gives more shades to his personality.

Anyway - sorry for the rant... decent match - expected win.

Just goes to show you, even his fans are and always will be DOUCHE BAGS! :wavey:

Calidreth
01-20-2010, 03:39 AM
Just goes to show you, even his fans are and always will be DOUCHE BAGS! :wavey:

Take some advice from your name and just stay mute.

starr_00
01-20-2010, 03:41 AM
Just goes to show you, even his fans are and always will be DOUCHE BAGS!
Wow - what a nasty response when I just gave a respectful opinion. Hurtful and unnecessary.

mute_cheetah
01-20-2010, 03:42 AM
its better to be mute than a douche bag like you

LoveFifteen
01-20-2010, 03:42 AM
Andy was correct. They should have replayed the point. That being said, it was match point on a routine straight-sets win against a winded opponent. Did he really have to be so angry and argumentative? He was clearly going to win the match, and it wasn't a game-changing decision by the ref.

Some things never change. Roddick gets rude on the court.

Il Primo Uomo
01-20-2010, 03:45 AM
Why is that scumbag always getting away with the BS he always throws!

I swear, it was Serena they would have administrated her the lethal injection. SMH.

He better get a big ass fine. Eff him!

Calidreth
01-20-2010, 03:47 AM
Why is that scumbag always getting away with the BS he always throws!

I swear, it was Serena they would have administrated her the lethal injection. SMH.

He better get a big ass fine. Eff him!

Should probably fine Birdshit as well for his crappy performance

Corey Feldman
01-20-2010, 03:48 AM
good posts mute_cheetah

the Roddick apologists think foul and abusive behaviour towards umps for next to no reason is "fun to watch and cute" :cuckoo:

Calidreth
01-20-2010, 03:49 AM
good posts mute_cheetah

the Roddick apologists think foul and abusive behaviour towards umps for next to no reason is "fun to watch and cute" :cuckoo:

Doesn't matter what the guy does, you would still feel ill about him. AO is definitely not Murray's strongest tournament, I'd be praying for him right now.

brithater
01-20-2010, 04:03 AM
I could care less about the F bombs. Tennis is so PC and players act so fake now I welcome it. Kinda nice to see the real personalities and intensity come out.

As far as Roddick goes hes playing way to defensive from the base line for me. Not sure what the game plan is other than reducing the errors and being really patient. He is starting to remind me of Rafter from the baseline. Maybe he believes he is so fit he will wear guys down. I think it was a good game plan today but I have not seen him switch gears effectivly in tournament from match to match.

Bellucci made way too many errors. I question his fitness level in this match.

Mechlan
01-20-2010, 04:08 AM
Nah that's rubbish, he put his finger up like when the umpire signals out, there is absolutely no way he was playing that ball or that he put his hand up in celebration.

I think a lot of the time umpires get it wrong but Fergus was spot on to give it to Bellucci

:yeah:

Completely agree. Roddick had stopped play because he expected that ball to drop out. If the line judge had called it in, Roddick would have challenged and been wrong and lost the point. Right decision by the chair umpire there.

Besides that, solid win for Andy. Good serving, some good net play mixed in with some bad. Pretty routine overall.

Il Primo Uomo
01-20-2010, 04:09 AM
Should probably fine Birdshit as well for his crappy performance

Attacking my favs doesn't do shit to me. It just shows your imaturity. C'mon son, come harder!

ChinoRios4Ever
01-20-2010, 04:09 AM
I like A-Rod, but his overreaction at the end was simply stupid.

Well he seems to have a cakewalk draw to the QF, let's see what happens.

Calidreth
01-20-2010, 04:13 AM
Yeah there's not much stopping him, I can easily see him winning this whole thing. Semi-Finals will be the biggest test IMO.

Oh and Primo you don't want me to get serious, know your place.

Corey Feldman
01-20-2010, 04:18 AM
Attacking my favs doesn't do shit to me. It just shows your imaturity. C'mon son, come harder!:rocker2:

Oh and Primo you don't want me to get serious, know your place.
http://forums.ratedesi.com/images/smilies/greddysmiley.gif

docking34
01-20-2010, 04:19 AM
stfu with the roddick hate all above. especially the mute dude on page 2. GO F yourself.

Good run for Roddick here, hopefully he can capitalize in the coming match or so.

brithater
01-20-2010, 04:21 AM
I dont know about easily but he has a good chance. Maybe his best in a long time for a major. I have not seen many of the favorites look "in top form" this tournament. He looks fit and to be moving well. Serveing well as always. I am not a Roddick fan but I do think he should have another major title when his career is done.

Nadal looked pretty good today as well though. He is going to be tough to beat if weather heats up.

jmf07
01-20-2010, 04:23 AM
Was hoping that Bellucci could make it a bit closer but not to worry. This Australian summer has shown that he is making steady improvement on the hardcourts.

As for Roddick how stupid to react like that once again. Should have just got on with it but instead he made a big deal out of something that the umpire was not going to overturn and it wasn't going to make much of an impact on the outcome of the match. It's these hissy fits that make him so unlikeable. He seems decent off court but on the court its the complete opposite.

Calidreth
01-20-2010, 04:24 AM
I dont know about easily but he has a good chance. Maybe his best in a long time for a major. I have not seen many of the favorites look "in top form" this tournament. He looks fit and to be moving well. Serveing well as always. I am not a Roddick fan but I do think he should have another major title when his career is done.

Nadal looked pretty good today as well though. He is going to be tough to beat if weather heats up.

Your comment on the top not being in top form is the reason I think he will go far. Next to Davydenko he is the most in-form player at the moment. Murray might be, but lets wait till he has a quality opponent.

Geo
01-20-2010, 04:26 AM
Roddick is such a little bitch :o :lol: i hate his "big dog" mentality :o yes he was right to argue about the umpire's call, but don't have a profanity-laced outburst about it :retard: I hope they fine his ass for that.

and about the match-Roddick pushed and served well :lol: when he encounters someone who won't give away so many free points with unforced errors like Bellucci did today then he'll lose as usual though :spit: :shrug:

brithater
01-20-2010, 04:32 AM
I agree, I think this is Davydenkos best chance to win a major. My pick is for Nadal to repeat (not a Nadal fan either though). If not Nadal I will go with Davy (not a Davy fan either). Federer will not win this tournament again. At least...not until starts working hard again.

mute_cheetah
01-20-2010, 04:33 AM
Roddick is such a little bitch :o :lol: i hate his "big dog" mentality :o yes he was right to argue about the umpire's call, but don't have a profanity-laced outburst about it :retard: I hope they fine his ass for that.

and about the match-Roddick pushed and served well :lol: when he encounters someone who won't give away so many free points with unforced errors like Bellucci did today then he'll lose as usual though :spit: :shrug:

Good input mate...

mute_cheetah
01-20-2010, 04:41 AM
stfu with the roddick hate all above. especially the mute dude on page 2. GO F yourself.

Good run for Roddick here, hopefully he can capitalize in the coming match or so.

Fuck you and the bitch you rode in on:devil:

Tommy_Vercetti
01-20-2010, 05:02 AM
Good win for Roddick. I don't care much about the outburst. I get so pissed off watching incompetent officiating in so many sports where you can't criticize the officiating (NFL in particular) that anytime an official is called out, it's a good thing. Idiot should be fired.

Havok
01-20-2010, 05:29 AM
His little rant could have been made sans foul language, but what do you expect from Andy?:o:lol:
Anyways he was completely in the right, he was there to hit the ball and stopped running because the ball was called out. He put his finger in the air signaling that he saw the ball out (like they do on the challengers circuit) when Bellucci started walking towards the net because you knew a challenge was coming.

Solid win from Andy, again hitting more flat and with tons of length on the ball. Much better than what he's been producing these past few years in the early rounds really pushing the ball around and hitting ugly mid-court balls. Serve was ridiculous today, save for him getting broken while serving for the second set at *5-2. Bellucci has talent but is way too erratic.

heya
01-20-2010, 09:10 AM
Arodsick faked his desire to win? No surprise, look at the liar family he was born from... I'm sure sitting out 3 months without Davis Cup or clay matches would make his mom & brother upset; that's too much time without free money.
He pointed his finger to trick Bellucci. He admitted he was wrong & saw no space between the line & ball.
He saw the Federer match which scared him.
Obviously, he wouldn't point his finger in a Federer match.

Calidreth
01-20-2010, 09:51 AM
heya please go get your head checked -- think you got some issues bro

Roddickominator
01-20-2010, 09:58 AM
Routine victory for Roddick....great serving and solid pushing. I honestly don't know how Bellucci wins matches....the guy could barely keep the ball in court during your average rally.

Love it when the whiners raise their stupid little heads after a Roddick outburst. It's good for the game kids....learn to love it.

nobama
01-20-2010, 10:06 AM
and about the match-Roddick pushed and served well :lol: when he encounters someone who won't give away so many free points with unforced errors like Bellucci did today then he'll lose as usual though :spit: :shrug:He's got such a piss easy draw he won't face anyone like that until at least the quarters. Del Potro is hurt and not in form so it probably won't be him. He'll make the SF beating a bunch of nobodies and Patrick McEnroe will drool all over him, and then get his ass kicked by Nadal.

heya
01-20-2010, 10:39 AM
Did you really believe he cared the last 5 years?
He pretty much shut his mouth after I called him an apologist.
The only thing he could say to a Brit interviewer was
'there were a few bad tennis fans' attacking him. LOL Truth hurts.

Funny. After wasting 8 years, he didn't join Blake to bend over heroically in Davis Cup ties for McEnroe.
LOL "He turned his mind off after
the US Open, even years ago. He puts the work in. He's in great shape. He's consistent in Australia. The injury didn't affect him.," bullshits Pat Mc. :o

Certinfy
01-20-2010, 10:42 AM
Nice 1 Andy :yeah:

Thomaz :sad: Could of maybe got a set :o

Winston's Human
01-20-2010, 05:12 PM
OMG! Roddick lost his temper and swore. The world is coming to an end! You'd think this forum was the Puritan Ladies Aid Society.

docking34
01-20-2010, 07:36 PM
roddick is a little punk sometimes, then off camera is all cool. WTF?

tangerine_dream
01-20-2010, 07:42 PM
He's got such a piss easy draw he won't face anyone like that until at least the quarters. He'll make the SF beating a bunch of nobodies and Patrick McEnroe will drool all over him, and then get his ass kicked by Nadal.
I know, right? Federer gets all the luck.

shotgun
01-20-2010, 09:08 PM
If I were Murphy, I'd have gone to Roddick's press conference just to throw some abuse back at him.

Brick Top
01-20-2010, 11:03 PM
thats the spirit!