Marcos Daniel involved in a fight/arguing (?) with a fan [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Marcos Daniel involved in a fight/arguing (?) with a fan

Caio_Brasil
01-19-2010, 11:27 AM
http://globoesporte.globo.com/Esportes/Noticias/Tenis/0,,MUL1453305-15090,00-MARCOS+DANIEL+PERDE+PARA+COLOMBIANO+E+BRIGA+COM+TO RCEDORA+NO+AUSTRALIAN+OPE.html

According to this article, Daniel "got involved in a fight with a woman fan. The info is according to the agency Reuters".

There are no details tough. The word used for fight in Portuguese is commonly used for arguing as well, so I hope it's just that. Not that surprising considering Daniel's attitude on matches.

Did anyone see any of this or know something?

http://img.terra.com.br/i/2010/01/19/1421442-9649-ga.jpg http://img.terra.com.br/i/2010/01/19/1421443-6161-ga.jpg

Caio_Brasil
01-19-2010, 11:38 AM
http://esporte.uol.com.br/tenis/ultimas-noticias/2010/01/19/daniel-perde-para-colombiano-na-estreia-e-discute-com-espectadora.jhtm

According to this one, "Daniel had a disagreement with a fan, which was phisically aborded by the Brazilian and apparently fell in the floor".

:eek:

Nadie
01-19-2010, 11:49 AM
:eek: :eek:

Nole fan
01-19-2010, 11:55 AM
LOL what was that about? :scratch:

Peta Pan
01-19-2010, 12:01 PM
:speakles:

Ok I like Marcos and I went to some of his match. The Colombian fans were quite vocal and annoying but nothing warranting that - at least when I was there.

Xristos
01-19-2010, 12:18 PM
I walked past this match many times and didnt see anything wrong.

Arkulari
01-19-2010, 04:11 PM
weird, I've met Marcos in tournaments and the guy is nothing but polite and nice :scratch:

takuma
01-19-2010, 05:03 PM
really weird and unexpected behaviour by Marcos Daniel, never thought he'd be able to do sthg like that; still, let's wait for some more details, maybe he'll comment on that later on...
here's what I found:

By Julian Linden

MELBOURNE (Reuters) - "Brazilian tennis player Marcos Daniel is at the center of an investigation by Australian Open officials after an alleged fracas involving a female spectator on Tuesday.

The tournament referee ordered the inquiry after the alleged incident between 31-year-old Daniel and the spectator following his first round loss to Colombia's Alejandro Falla.

"The Tournament Referee's office is looking into the alleged incident," a Tennis Australian spokesman confirmed.

Witnesses courtside told a Reuters photographer that a scuffle had taken place when the woman approached Daniel, the world number 88, as he was walking away from the court after the match.

The woman was not injured in the alleged incident but witnesses said she had ended up on the ground. Photographs taken by Reuters showed mud on the back of her trousers.

Daniel was not available for comment because he had already left the Melbourne Park tennis complex when officials were notified about the incident.

Under the rules for players at grand slam tournaments, "the unauthorized touching of an official, opponent, spectator or other person" by competitors is strictly forbidden.

Players found guilty of violating the rules can face fines of up to $10,000, the International Tennis Federation said.

Tournament organizers had pledged to beef up security for this year's event after the past three championships were marred by ethnic violence."

(Editing by Miles Evans)

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/reuters/100119/sports/csports_us_tennis_open_security

ChinoRios4Ever
01-19-2010, 07:12 PM
WTF? :eek:

GugaF1
01-19-2010, 08:13 PM
well let`s not judge too quickly who knows what the woman went and did with him. Is hard to hear something nasty after walking out from a loss.

Anyway, from the outside looks like a unclassy move by Daniel. Who has no business anyway playing on a hardcourt Grand Slam, his main things are clay ATPs and Challengers...

shotgun
01-19-2010, 10:00 PM
Anyway, from the outside looks like a unclassy move by Daniel. Who has no business anyway playing on a hardcourt Grand Slam, his main things are clay ATPs and Challengers...

Sure, he should have just stayed in Brazil instead of collecting the A$ 19,500 prize money. :rolleyes:

Kolya
01-20-2010, 07:51 AM
http://www.smh.com.au/sport/tennis/fan-floored-after-clash-with-player-at-australian-open-20100120-mjka.html Fan floored after clash with player at Australian Open
January 20, 2010 - 9:30AM

Brazilian tennis player Marcos Daniel is at the centre of an investigation by Australian Open officials after an alleged fracas involving a female spectator last night.

The tournament referee ordered the inquiry after the alleged incident between 31-year-old Daniel and the spectator following his first round loss to Colombia's Alejandro Falla.

"The Tournament Referee's office is looking into the alleged incident," a Tennis Australian spokesman confirmed.

Witnesses courtside told a Reuters photographer that a scuffle had taken place when the woman approached Daniel, the world number 88, as he was walking away from the court after the match.

The woman was not injured in the alleged incident but witnesses said she had ended up on the ground. Photographs taken by Reuters showed mud on the back of her trousers.

Daniel was not available for comment because he had already left the Melbourne Park tennis complex when officials were notified about the incident.
Brazil's Marcos Daniel after the altercation.

Brazil's Marcos Daniel after the altercation. Photo: Reuters

Under the rules for players at grand slam tournaments, "the unauthorized touching of an official, opponent, spectator or other person" by competitors is strictly forbidden.

Daniel lost in three set to his opponent, 7-5 6-3 6-1. He will next play doubles with Austrian Daniel Koellerer against Australian Paul Hanley and Sweden’s Simon Aspelin.

In other offbeat news from the Open, the match between Belgian Christophe Rochus and American Donald Young was stopped for 40 minutes after a ball boy wet his pants on court 10.

"The ball kid peed on himself. It was unfortunate," Young said.

"It took a while to replace him. Then they had to put the sawdust down, or whatever you put down when somebody throws up.

"Then they had to use the blower (to dry the court) but the blower had no gas in it, so that took even more time."

Young, 20, was up two sets to one and had just broken Rochus to establish a 2-1 lead in the fourth when the incident occurred, but eventually overcame the distraction to win 1-6, 7-5, 6-2, 6-4

tenisnews
01-20-2010, 08:26 AM
http://www.tenisnews.com.br/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=29754

He said he did not altercated anybody and he was disturbed by a colombian man and not a girl as it says on this article of brazilian press. Also ATP wont investigate anything

@Sweet Cleopatra
01-20-2010, 08:53 AM
omg I feel so sorry for the ball boy.

Caio_Brasil
01-20-2010, 10:44 AM
Daniel gave an interview to this site http://tenisshow.clicrbs.com.br/noticias_det.php?id=31347

"One guy insulted me during the 2 hours of play, acting aggressively and rudely. I told this person to have a little more respect to me as I was on court doing my job. Even the umpire had to do something because the guy didn't stop talking"

(After the match, when Marcos was talking to his coach, the guy and some friends passed through them)

"He kept acting rudely and directing words to me aggressively. I asked him to leave there for 3 times. Then he said some bullshits. At this moment I got closer to him. But two security guards that follow the players from the court to the locker didn't let me and took me out of there. There was no aggression".

Daniel didn't know why a female character appeared in the story. He remembered a woman followed closely the arguing of Daniel and the other guy and said he was a sore loser.

"But nothing else happened. It's possible that she talked to the press and then you say whatever you want".

"I wasn't informed of any investigation. What will they investigate? I even hope there's a tape, they will see that nothing happened".

Ilovetheblues_86
01-20-2010, 12:03 PM
Some people´s butt sometimes must belong to the floor.

Kolya
01-20-2010, 12:44 PM
The girl crapped her pants :p

tennisfan856
01-20-2010, 01:32 PM
I used to think the French Open always had the worst crowd....

River
01-20-2010, 03:28 PM
I used to think the French Open always had the worst crowd....

They do >>

But the story is sounding more and more bullshit. Marcos is a good guy, and he doesn't mind if people saw it because he knows nothing really happened. Just another media blowout or this woman being an attention-seeking jerk.

Action Jackson
01-29-2010, 12:24 AM
No surprise Daniel was cleared, because there was no woman involved.

Johnny Groove
01-29-2010, 12:27 AM
In other offbeat news from the Open, the match between Belgian Christophe Rochus and American Donald Young was stopped for 40 minutes after a ball boy wet his pants on court 10.

"The ball kid peed on himself. It was unfortunate," Young said.

"It took a while to replace him. Then they had to put the sawdust down, or whatever you put down when somebody throws up.

"Then they had to use the blower (to dry the court) but the blower had no gas in it, so that took even more time."

Young, 20, was up two sets to one and had just broken Rochus to establish a 2-1 lead in the fourth when the incident occurred, but eventually overcame the distraction to win 1-6, 7-5, 6-2, 6-4

:help:

HKz
01-29-2010, 12:50 AM
I mean I realize being proud of your country, and having rivalries with other countries, but this is tennis after all. I mean this sort of shit should stay with soccer. Tennis is a different story, you're just one player from that certain country on the court. Already kind of screwed up when you have fans cheering against you because your from a different country, and even more ridiculous if they taunt you after the match.