AO R1 Kubot triple bagels Zverev 6-3 6-3 6-3 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

AO R1 Kubot triple bagels Zverev 6-3 6-3 6-3

gaitare
01-19-2010, 04:47 AM
Good to see him winning a grand slam match, pretty good draw as well.

Manon
01-19-2010, 04:56 AM
Good to see him winning a grand slam match, pretty good draw as well.

:yeah:

Filo V.
01-19-2010, 04:57 AM
Kubot has been playing with confidence and Zverev does not have any. And that is how you get a result like this.

Kubot is a pretty dangerous player to me. I could see him doing pretty well for himself in this tournament.

philosophicalarf
01-19-2010, 05:42 AM
1 win in 15 for Zverev. Awesome stuff.

born_on_clay
01-19-2010, 07:06 AM
Jedziesz Łukasz !!
I'm so happy you've won a Grand Slam match

FlameOn
01-19-2010, 09:24 AM
Luke. :woohoo:

Har-Tru
01-19-2010, 09:26 AM
For the last time, TO BAGEL MEANS TO WIN A SET TO ZERO.

Voo de Mar
01-19-2010, 09:32 AM
Probably the only serve-and-volley match this year in Melbourne.

oranges
01-19-2010, 09:36 AM
Probably the only serve-and-volley match this year in Melbourne.

Tsonga/Stakhovsky doesn't qualify? They were both doing it a lot and the same will probably be true when he plays Dent

Sophocles
01-19-2010, 09:37 AM

THANK YOU. Does my head in the way this term is so often misused.

Voo de Mar
01-19-2010, 09:39 AM
Tsonga/Stakhovsky doesn't qualify? They were both doing it a lot and the same will probably be true when he plays Dent

Yes? I didn't see that match. Generally I consider Kubot as the more offensive player than Tsonga and Stakhovsky, I would say they are in the Zverev's league in this department but I suppose Zverev was attacking to the net more against Kubot than he usually does.

Anyway the Tsonga-Dent match should be fun if Dent will have good % of 1st serves :)

Har-Tru
01-19-2010, 09:52 AM
Zverev is the most serve and volleying of them all... the only true S&V of the ones cited in this thread really, except Dent, as the others do it whenever they feel like it with little to no tactical sense.

Jōris
01-19-2010, 09:56 AM

Did you know that zero is called love in tennis? It is actually. The score at the start of a game is love all, that means zero-zero. When a player wins a set to zero, it is called to love. The first point made is 15, the second point 30, the third point 40, and next point is the game. One side needs to win a game by two points; if the score is 40-40 (called deuce), the next player to win a point has advantage. If the same player wins the next point, he wins the game. If the opponent wins the point, the score returns to deuce.

oranges
01-19-2010, 09:57 AM
@ Voo Not all the time, but Tsonga's level of a lot. Not sure about Stakhovsky, from what I've seen of him, he varies it from practicalyl pure S/V to basically none, so not sure where it stands on his scale.

In any case, should Kubot beat Giraldo, he's on course for Gasquet/Youzhny possibly, which while not S/V encounter sounds tasty :D

Har-Tru
01-19-2010, 10:01 AM
Did you know that zero is called love in tennis? It is actually. The score at the start of a game is love all, that means zero-zero. When a player wins a set to zero, it is called to love. The first point made is 15, the second point 30, the third point 40, and next point is the game. One side needs to win a game by two points; if the score is 40-40 (called deuce), the next player to win a point has advantage. If the same player wins the next point, he wins the game. If the opponent wins the point, the score returns to deuce.

All true, but does love have the shape of a bagel?

Jōris
01-19-2010, 10:04 AM
All true, but does love have the shape of a bagel?

No, love has the shape of a heart. A bagel is a type of bread.

Har-Tru
01-19-2010, 10:09 AM
No, love has the shape of a heart. A bagel is a type of bread.

Exactly. That's why a 0 is called a bagel: because it's Jewish.

scoobs
01-19-2010, 10:10 AM
Good stuff Lukasz :yeah:

Jōris
01-19-2010, 10:26 AM
Exactly. That's why a 0 is called a bagel: because it's Jewish.

That's antisemitic propaganda.

gaitare
01-19-2010, 10:35 AM

THANK YOU. Does my head in the way this term is so often misused.

Hahahahahahaha, oh wow.

AS IF I DIDN'T KNOW.

This is MTF, it has its own jargon, memes are flying around, I've seen 7:5 7:5 7:5 scores called triple bagels IN A JOCULAR MANNER.

Relax.

shawshank
01-19-2010, 12:36 PM
I shouldn't think about it, but Kubot has such a huge chance for 4th round. OMG! Just look. He will play Giraldo next, who is last direct acceptance to the draw and is deffinitely not a hard court player. Then he would play reeealy tired Youzhny or Hajek. I think that Hajek might beat Youzhny.
So can you imagine that till the 4th round of GS Kubot would play Zverev, Giraldo and Hajek? It sounds like a bad challenger :)
And if Chiudinelli could beat Djokovic which is out of form then in the 4th round Kubot would play Chiudinelli or Berrer or Istomin :P
Ok, I have to wake up.
Anyway, great win today Lukasz!

Voo de Mar
01-19-2010, 12:40 PM
I shouldn't think about it, but Kubot has such a huge chance for 4th round. OMG! Just look. He will play Giraldo next, who is last direct acceptance to the draw and is deffinitely not a hard court player. Then he would play reeealy tired Youzhny or Hajek. I think that Hajek might beat Youzhny.
So can you imagine that till the 4th round of GS Kubot would play Zverev, Giraldo and Hajek? It sounds like a bad challenger :)
And if Chiudinelli could beat Djokovic which is out of form then in the 4th round Kubot would play Chiudinelli or Berrer or Istomin :P

Kubot is a favorite against Giraldo but IMO in the 3rd round he'll lose to Youzhny. Chiudinelli will be lucky taking a set from D'Joke.

Rumour
01-19-2010, 09:15 PM
This is MTF, it has its own jargon, memes are flying around, I've seen 7:5 7:5 7:5 scores called triple bagels IN A JOCULAR MANNER.
Yes, the non-0 triple bagel has been an inside joke here from the time I joined up, when some not-too-bright poster was still around and apparently claimed that the term applied to any match won in three identical sets. MTF long-timers can probably tell you more as I arrived not long before this individual stopped posting and most of what I recall about him/her was based on second-hand info anyway.

Greg-Pete fan
01-19-2010, 09:45 PM
Good job Lukasz :worship: Reaching even 4-th round is still possible :)

mediter
01-19-2010, 09:50 PM
when some not-too-bright poster was still around and apparently claimed that the term applied to any match won in three identical sets.

That poster is a recognised scholar who does painstaking research and flawless analysis. and its me twit!

buddyholly
01-19-2010, 10:37 PM

And how do you pronounce ''7-0 in a tiebreaker''?

buddyholly
01-19-2010, 10:38 PM
That poster is a recognised scholar who does painstaking research and flawless analysis. and its me twit!

I'd be very embarrassed to confess to that.

marquez
01-19-2010, 10:41 PM
dark horse of the tournament this lukasz :secret:

JMG
01-19-2010, 10:46 PM
Zverev is the most serve and volleying of them all... the only true S&V of the ones cited in this thread really, except Dent, as the others do it whenever they feel like it with little to no tactical sense.

Maybe Zverev was a true s&v player until one year ago, but since then he's played enough matches without any s&v.

Deivid23
01-20-2010, 01:27 AM

Guy writes BS 24/7 don´t take him serious :secret:

Rumour
01-20-2010, 11:33 PM
Good to see you back - seems you've been laying low for ages and MTF could really use more of the "painstaking research and flawless analysis" that led you to conclude a triple bagel refers to any identical 3-set scoreline ;)