davydenko: ''federer and nadal have no life'' [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

davydenko: ''federer and nadal have no life''

ossie
01-18-2010, 10:32 AM
''Never one to make news with his mouth, Nikolay Davydenko held nothing back on the eve of the Australian Open. The veteran Russian even said that "it's only tennis" for Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal.''

In a recent interview, Davydenko accused Federer and Nadal--among others--of thinking "only" about tennis.

"I have a good life," the sixth-ranked Russian explained. "It’s not only about tennis for me. Maybe I am not a champion like Nadal or Federer. These guys mostly think about tennis. For them, it’s only tennis; winning tournaments, winning a grand slam, dreaming maybe every day about it. I am not that guy, I am different."

http://tennistalk.com/en/news/20100118/Davydenko%3A_I%27m_no_Federer_or_Nadal

"I don’t cry like Federer at winning a Grand Slam."

seriously :confused:

(my god these smilies suck, what is this 1992?)

leng jai
01-18-2010, 10:36 AM
Doesn't Kolya play like a million matches a year?

guts
01-18-2010, 10:37 AM

I was thinking that as well. I don't think he'll win over any fans by making comments like this.

ossie
01-18-2010, 10:38 AM
and he doesnt give a shit apparently

Foxy
01-18-2010, 10:41 AM
That's about why Denko will never be a great player and will never win a slam.

iriraz
01-18-2010, 10:45 AM
Davydenko doesn`t play tennis to win trophies and get the needed respect.He plays it to make money and give his wife his credit card.

superslam77
01-18-2010, 10:45 AM
Davydenko: I'm no Federer or Nadal

NOT Davydenko: ''federer and nadal have no life''

I hope this is only a mind game.

freeandlonely
01-18-2010, 10:46 AM
whatever

Speed of Light
01-18-2010, 10:46 AM
Apparently donkey is hinting at the fixing side of tennis which gives a better life and of which Rafa and Roger have no knowledge of.We all know he can never loose if he did think about tennis.This interview meanwhile has the Russian mafia mob written all over it.

ossie
01-18-2010, 10:47 AM
Davydenko: I'm no Federer or Nadal

NOT Davydenko: ''federer and nadal have no life''

I hope this is only a mind game.i took some artistic liberties so what :rolleyes:

Sunset of Age
01-18-2010, 10:49 AM
People are reading too much into what seem to be just random, candid comments from a player.

JolánGagó
01-18-2010, 10:50 AM
who the f*ck cares, neither Fed nor Rafa would give a donkey turd about what he thinks of them :shrug:

paseo
01-18-2010, 10:51 AM
Beating Fed and Nadal 2 times in a row made him big headed. It's a shame.

I think Fed and Nadal have a pretty good life, too.

teamflex
01-18-2010, 10:51 AM
Davy is only interested in match fixing. Verdasco to murder him off the court in straight sets.

-Valhalla-
01-18-2010, 10:53 AM
What a fucking moron. If Kolya had an ounce of charisma and an appealing style of play, then maybe he could make some endorsement $$ and he wouldn't have to grind it out all year on the road [poor Irina]. His life IS tennis ... the hard way.

-Valhalla-
01-18-2010, 10:55 AM
... and it sounds like a copout and an excuse for not having won a major.

oranges
01-18-2010, 10:57 AM
Davy is only interested in match fixing. Verdasco to murder him off the court in straight sets.

:spit: Bet a small fortune on that

rhinooooo
01-18-2010, 10:57 AM
What a fucking moron. If Kolya had an ounce of charisma and an appealing style of play, then maybe he could make some endorsement $$ and he wouldn't have to grind it out all year on the road [poor Irina]. His life IS tennis ... the hard way.

Yep, I'm sure the guy is really struggling with his $13.5 million career prize money (and maybe a bit more on the side ;) )

And yeah, I hate that shitty style of play of his that managed to beat Rafa and Fed twice in 2 months, hitting winners all over the place.

Disgusting.

-Valhalla-
01-18-2010, 11:06 AM
Yep, I'm sure the guy is really struggling with his $13.5 million career prize money (and maybe a bit more on the side ;) )

And yeah, I hate that shitty style of play of his that managed to beat Rafa and Fed twice in 2 months, hitting winners all over the place.

Disgusting.

I was speaking in relative terms to Fed and Nadal - they both make FAR MORE $$ in endorsements than prize money.

Davydouchebag prefers $$ over glory and legacy and that's why he has such a small fan base.

rhinooooo
01-18-2010, 11:24 AM
I was speaking in relative terms to Fed and Nadal - they both make FAR MORE $$ in endorsements than prize money.

Davydouchebag prefers $$ over glory and legacy and that's why he has such a small fan base.

Yeah but is that a damning verdict on him or marketing in general?

How often do you hear badly informed commentators/pundits talk about Davy being a grinder/robotic in the last few years when in reality his game was one of the most aggressive on tour. Let's be honest, he's Russian, he doesn't speak good English, he doesn't fist-pump, he doesn't have tantrums or throw his racket down, he's a short guy with a peanut head and no muscles. Marketing/advertising etc is just a shallow industry that has no real relevance to someone's personality, their game, and their place in tennis.

Rafa#Uno:-)
01-18-2010, 11:35 AM
maybe not so smart words from Davy
heard him say that best of 3-setters suits him better--------maybe not
the right focus for the AO....you better try to like best of 5:s if you
want do win this one....
or is he hiding something???
he is strange he is owning rafa and federer last times but I have a feeling
he has dropped something....prove me wrong Davy!

-Valhalla-
01-18-2010, 11:40 AM
Yeah but is that a damning verdict on him or marketing in general? ...
he's a short guy with a peanut head and no muscles.

It's a damning verdict that the #6 ranked player in the world can't make any money from endorsements. And yes, he's a short guy with a peanut head and no muscles.

Diprosalic
01-18-2010, 11:50 AM
i was kinda rooting for him to finally win a GS. now i hope he never wins one.

Snoo Foo
01-18-2010, 11:51 AM
http://memegenerator.net/Thumbnails/407/208x228_Evil-Advice-Cthulhu-I-DONT-SEE-WHAT-THE-BIG-FUCKING-DEAL-IS.jpg

nastoff
01-18-2010, 11:56 AM
"I have a good life" and "Nadal and Federer mostly think about tennis" = "Nadal and Federer have no life".

Interesting how things are implied but never actually said.

Chris 84
01-18-2010, 12:06 PM
i don't mind kolya at all, but this quote is just funny:

well of course you don't, you silly man, since you have never won one, and very probably never will :lol:

Andi-M
01-18-2010, 12:16 PM
Kolya getting cocky :lol: Good for him getting in on the fighting talk.

Sophocles
01-18-2010, 12:21 PM
He's pretty much just saying, what is in any case crashingly obvious, that Fed & Nadal are more ambitious tennis players than he is.

Action Jackson
01-18-2010, 12:21 PM
What a surprise the OP is talking and it's running down his leg.

tennizen
01-18-2010, 12:26 PM
First of all, which interview did he say this at? And secondly, Nalby also said the same thing about Federer once. It's their opinion:shrug:

whattheheck
01-18-2010, 12:33 PM
Speak for himself please

Noleta
01-18-2010, 12:41 PM
Kolya:rolls:He actually didn't say that,his words were twisted i see:rolleyes:I't was a tongue in cheek comment:p

Steelq
01-18-2010, 12:44 PM
''Never one to make news with his mouth, Nikolay Davydenko held nothing back on the eve of the Australian Open. The veteran Russian even said that "it's only tennis" for Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal.''

In a recent interview, Davydenko accused Federer and Nadal--among others--of thinking "only" about tennis.

"I have a good life," the sixth-ranked Russian explained. "It’s not only about tennis for me. Maybe I am not a champion like Nadal or Federer. These guys mostly think about tennis. For them, it’s only tennis; winning tournaments, winning a grand slam, dreaming maybe every day about it. I am not that guy, I am different."

Wow you are surpassing The Oracle with a headlines like that,way to put in his mouth something that he actually never said.

tennishero
01-18-2010, 01:01 PM
lol he is right though.. u cant be #1 without full dedication to tennis. federer lives for tennis.

ossie
01-18-2010, 01:23 PM
lol people crying about the thread title its just tennis people dont look into it so much

oranges
01-18-2010, 01:27 PM
lol people crying about the thread title its just tennis people dont look into it so much

Shouldn't you be telling yourself something along those lines since you're the one that tried to make a controversial story out of nothing :scratch:

ossie
01-18-2010, 01:30 PM
Shouldn't you be telling yourself something along those lines since you're the one that tried to make a controversial story out of nothing :scratch:i think davys words are pretty offensive and ..unprofessional really

SaFed2005
01-18-2010, 01:31 PM
First of all, which interview did he say this at? And secondly, Nalby also said the same thing about Federer once. It's their opinion:shrug:

Nalby saying something like this vs Davydenko saying something like this are two totally different cases. In terms of Nalby, tennis is obviously not a priority for him. Even when he is not injured he is too busy with racecar rallies, soccer and fishing. In Davydenko's case however, the guy plays tennis nonstop! He plays every tournament and every match he possibly can.

I always thought of him as a very hard worker who trained a lot and played a lot to get to where he was. Maybe I was wrong and tennis is not really a priority for him either. :p

oranges
01-18-2010, 01:34 PM
i think davys words are pretty offensive and ..unprofessional really

No, they only become offensive when you put words in his mouth that he didn't say, so good work there.

Good call on Oracle-like methods Steelq :yeah:

ossie
01-18-2010, 01:38 PM
No, they only become offensive when you put words in his mouth that he didn't say, so good work there.

Good call on Oracle-like methods Steelq :yeah:whether its offensive or not its his indifference/lack of ambition that bothers me more

timafi
01-18-2010, 01:43 PM
I hope both Roger and Rafa beat the tanking fuck out of Davydenko:mad:
Federer has a wife and 2 healthy beautiful children and he gives back and he is blessed because he is honest;talented and he does care about winning and so is Rafa

what in the fuckety fuck has Davydenko done in his life other than play a ton of matches;tank of ton of matches?:confused:

ossie
01-18-2010, 01:45 PM
Federer has a wife and 2 healthy beautiful children and he gives back and he is blessed because he is honest;talented and he does care about winning and so is Rafa

what in the fuckety fuck has Davydenko done in his life other than play a ton of matches;tank of ton of matches?:confused:
in his defense the matches he tanked were fixed...

Snowwy
01-18-2010, 01:48 PM

Slander

miura
01-18-2010, 01:53 PM
Fishy translations? I'm fairly sure this came out more negative than what Niko intended.

bluefork
01-18-2010, 02:00 PM
Big deal. Most people seem to assume that Davydenko is just a ball-hitting machine that doesn't have a life outside of tennis. In this article he's just making a point of saying that, yes, he does enjoying things outside of tennis. Of course, I think he's wrong about Federer and Nadal. Maybe tennis is a higher priority for them than it is for Davydenko, but I think it's pretty clear that Federer has things going on off court (two kids and a wife, you know?). And I'm sure Nadal has his outside distractions too.

Pfloyd
01-18-2010, 02:04 PM
Did not Soderling or Haas once say something similar about Davydenko?

I believe that Soderling or Haas once said that Davydenko was playing tennis the day of his wedding and this constituted having no life....

I don't know but these opinions should be kept silent, in order to avoid confusion.

ossie
01-18-2010, 02:05 PM
Did not Soderling or Haas once say something similar about Davydenko?

I believe that Soderling or Haas once said that Davydenko was playing tennis the day of his wedding and this constituted having no life....

I don't know but these opinions should be kept silent, in order to avoid confusion.lol what :haha:

barbadosan
01-18-2010, 02:07 PM
A wife and twin daughters he obviously adores sounds to me like a pretty good step towards "having a life" outside of tennis.
Can't help wondering if he's setting up the backdrop in case he doesn't do well at this slam either.

acionescu
01-18-2010, 02:16 PM
For each, his own, I suppose :shrug:

No need to bash Denko for this, he's an excellent player even if he didn't win a GS. But again, who did in the last 5 years? :p

oranges
01-18-2010, 02:22 PM
whether its offensive or not its his indifference/lack of ambition that bothers me more

:rolleyes: As if you care about Davy one way or another. As long as he plays that water-mouthing jaw-dropping tennis of his often enough, I'm content. So in short, bugger off.

River
01-18-2010, 02:53 PM
>>;

Guess Davy can't have a good life since he hasn't won a major, according to this thread's fucked up logic.

dylan24
01-18-2010, 03:09 PM
atp fault for not banning this guy for life when they had the chance.
now watch him win a slam and make some comment after winning, like "i only do this for the money..i don't like this sport"

Vida
01-18-2010, 03:12 PM
:lol: doubt he meant they are lifeless losers.

SetSampras
01-18-2010, 03:25 PM
And thats why you are slamless and have a pretty crappy overrall career and resorted to only grabbing crappy garbage 3 set tournaments like the rest of the clown field like Murray, Djokovic, Roddick etc.. Good players win smaller tournaments, GREAT PLAYERS can turn it on and win slams consecutively. Thats the difference.

To be an all time great u have to love and tennism. Eat sleep and breathe it.. If not you will just be "one of those guys with a good to decent but always below the elite. (Fed, Sampras, Laver, Borg etc)

gulzhan
01-18-2010, 03:28 PM
Kolya has got style and sticks to it :yeah: :lol:

fred perry
01-18-2010, 03:29 PM
yeah but their groupies are waaaay hotter....:worship:

alter ego
01-18-2010, 03:31 PM
now watch him win a slam and make some comment after winning, like "i only do this for the money..i don't like this sport"

You are talking about Agassi, right ?

gulzhan
01-18-2010, 03:32 PM

As if Soderling and/or Haas know or care!

I doubt he played tennis although it was on the week of DC final I think. The wedding was cool, saw a film about it-- loads of fun and laughter. The whole team was there-- Safin, Youzhny, Tursunov. And Tarpishev of course. The good old days :sad:

gulzhan
01-18-2010, 03:34 PM
You are taking about Agassi, right ?

:haha:

SetSampras
01-18-2010, 03:35 PM
These clowns today just think they dont have to live the game and will be handed slam after slam and be number 1 for a long period of time without going that extra mile. Wake up boys... Nothing is going to be handed to you.

There is blame to spread all around. Whoever pays these sport athletes these ludicrous figured needs their head examined. Some people cant handle the money and fame, most CANT! They become lazy and interested in the life that the sport brings them instead of being interested in the SPORT

SetSampras
01-18-2010, 03:38 PM

Well Agassi managed a career slam and 8 slam total. Andre did become focused big time on the game when he returned at 29 years old. And wouldnt u know it was the most successfull he had ever been in his career. You need just as much focus and mental toughness as you do talent in this game.

If not.. You just end up with guys like David Nalbandian Marat Safin, and Michael Stich

Noleta
01-18-2010, 03:38 PM
And thats why you are slamless and have a pretty crappy overrall career and resorted to only grabbing crappy garbage 3 set tournaments like the rest of the clown field like Murray, Djokovic, Roddick etc.. Good players win smaller tournaments, GREAT PLAYERS can turn it on and win slams consecutively. Thats the difference.

To be an all time great u have to love and tennism. Eat sleep and breathe it.. If not you will just be "one of those guys with a good to decent but always below the elite. (Fed, Sampras, Laver, Borg etc)

Both Roddick and Djoko won a slam lol

zethand
01-18-2010, 03:49 PM
what does it mean? That they are dead?

Bitter! He wishes!

SetSampras
01-18-2010, 04:06 PM
Both Roddick and Djoko won a slam lol

And should have won more. Roddick hasnt wont a slam in going on 7 YEARS!!! Yet hes been in the top 10 for around that long. Djoker hasnt done jack in 2 years.

l_mac
01-18-2010, 04:08 PM
I don't see the problem with tennis being a priority for Federer and Nadal. When can you prioritise your career if not in your twenties? Particularly as they know their playing years are not stretching out for decades.

It doesn't sound like Davydenko said they have "no life". Federer is married with two kids and a strong passion for fashion :D Rafa manages to have a very "normal" life at home when he is not on the road. Any time he is in Manacor there are pictures of him out with his friends in the bar/club that acts as his "local".

I actually don't understand why players such as Safin or Davydenko seem to take pride in saying that they have a life outside tennis :confused: or that it's not the be all and end all. There's nothing wrong with being dedicated to your career. I always think the players who say these sort of things are trying to imply that they could have had the same sort of career as Federer, or even Rafa, if only they'd applied themselves more. That makes me LOL.

Noleta
01-18-2010, 04:13 PM
And should have won more. Roddick hasnt wont a slam in going on 7 YEARS!!! Yet hes been in the top 10 for around that long. Djoker hasnt done jack in 2 years.

Roddick did reach GS finals after his US win,And Djoko is still 22yrs old,no need to write him off yet:shrug:

I don't see the problem with tennis being a priority for Federer and Nadal. When can you prioritise your career if not in your twenties? Particularly as they know their playing years are not stretching out for decades.

It doesn't sound like Davydenko said they have "no life". Federer is married with two kids and a strong passion for fashion :D Rafa manages to have a very "normal" life at home when he is not on the road. Any time he is in Manacor there are pictures of him out with his friends in the bar/club that acts as his "local".

I actually don't understand why players such as Safin or Davydenko seem to take pride in saying that they have a life outside tennis :confused: or that it's not the be all and end all. There's nothing wrong with being dedicated to your career. I always think the players who say these sort of things are trying to imply that they could have had the same sort of career as Federer, or even Rafa, if only they'd applied themselves more. That makes me LOL.

Maybe it's something to do with being Russian:shrug:

selyoink
01-18-2010, 04:25 PM

yeah but Davy's wife is way hotter than Fed's.

SetSampras
01-18-2010, 04:26 PM

Safin may very well have could of had a Federersque or Samprasesque career had he applied himself from the very start. he certainly could have had a better career than Nadal thus far. Safin didnt have to have to be a workforce and destroy his body to beat the big boys. The game came easy to Safin when he was at his best just as did Roger or Pete. Safin was a guy who rarely showed up to play his A game but when he did he took everything Roger could dish out at his peak and Safin managed to win the match. He managed to beat Sampras. He whooped on Djoker at Wimbeldon (not to say thats a big accomplishment but still). Safin had the ability to take out some all time greats. He was a big time tennis talent. Safin had the ability and did beat the best, but the game also came pretty easy to him compared to other who have accomplished more than him.

pray-for-palestine-and-israel
01-18-2010, 04:30 PM
yeah but Davy's wife is way hotter than Fed's.

she's not good looking imo

Mirka might not be gorgeous, but she takes care of rog and Rafa's GF has a very natural understated beauty- very spanish

irina looks like a money hungry cow- some women only care about money- sluts

Noleta
01-18-2010, 04:32 PM

Mirka might not be gorgeous, but she takes care of rog and Rafa's GF has a very natural understated beauty- very spanish

Classy:spit:Judging someone by the way she looks:rolleyes:

jrm
01-18-2010, 04:34 PM
Those kind of comments always come back to hit you in the head

jrm
01-18-2010, 04:35 PM
He beat them recently and all of sudden his mouth opened?

01-18-2010, 04:37 PM
Classy:spit:Judging someone by the way she looks:rolleyes:

i'm not judging her- with some women you can tell that they have a "price tag" :angel:

let me give you an example

i knew of a son of a jewellers who inherited the wealth and used to drive a ferrari

there was this absolutely beautiful girl but she was one of those types of women- she basically prostituted herself because he had a nice car- rumor has it she was miserable because of erectile dysfunctions (sluts only think of money and sex) in the bedroom but she married him

thats just how some women are

Everko
01-18-2010, 04:39 PM
Davydenko shows once again why he should not be respected

ossie
01-18-2010, 04:54 PM
:rolleyes: As if you care about Davy one way or another. As long as he plays that water-mouthing jaw-dropping tennis of his often enough, I'm content. So in short, bugger off.yikes! i think i might before i keep hurting your sensibilities :bolt:

oranges
01-18-2010, 05:00 PM
yikes! i think i might before i keep hurting your sensibilities :bolt:

The only thing you're hurting is my brain, be it with the inane interpretation of the said words or the sudden turnaround into concern for Kolya's career. Pathetic doesn't even begin to describe it.

alter ego
01-18-2010, 05:00 PM
These clowns today just think they dont have to live the game and will be handed slam after slam and be number 1 for a long period of time without going that extra mile. Wake up boys... Nothing is going to be handed to you.

I'm sorry, did Nikolay said he wants to become number 1 or did he said that he will be the new number 1 whithout extrawork ?
From what I've read he is a humble man who loves his job. Because that's what tennis is to him. A job! But he is no workaholic. He plays for money. He goes to all kind of small events just for the bonus the tournoument directors give him. And that's about it.
If he wanted to become a star like Nadal or Federer he would have played less MM events and spent more time on the practice court. But he dosen't. He doesn't want fans staring at him in evrey moment of his life. He wants to go shopping or to the cinema like all avreage people do.
I loved Kolya's suntanned which he got from the trip he and Irina took to Maldive in december while Nadal seemed to have been on the court all vacation long.:wavey:

ossie
01-18-2010, 05:05 PM
The only thing you're hurting is my brain, be it with the inane interpretation of the said words or the sudden turnaround into concern for Kolya's career. Pathetic doesn't even begin to describe it.when i mentioned my issue with his lack of ambition i was more concerned what it means for tennis in general instead of his career. if all players were like him this would be a boring sport where no1 would ever want to excel

01-18-2010, 05:27 PM
what is worth mentioning is that Koyla is an underachiever who is hating on Fed and Rafa for just doing what he should have done

sour grapes

its probably because he's with a gold digger

gold digging women bring the worst kind of bile out of men

ApproachShot
01-18-2010, 05:29 PM
I have never been a particular fan of him, but respect the way he grinds out results year after year on the tour. But referring specifically to what he said for the interview, I think we ought to be a little careful not to take Davydenko's comments out of context. In fact, if you take a look at the original source he appears a little less brash in his statements: http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2010/jan/18/nikolay-davydenko-australian-open$

Of course there are a couple of things that he did say that may leave a neutral fan a little uncomfortable: namely his implications about how much Federer and Nadal enjoy life outside tennis and his apparent confidence in challenging and beating the top players in a best of 5 sets match during the latter stages of a grand slam - which he has found very difficult to do in the past few years. Then again, it is only natural to talk up his own chances before a competition gets underway and his recent results will give him the confidence he can win. Perhaps this is his way of getting a mental edge over his prime opponents.

Whether what he said was necessary, however, is a completely different matter. Personally I don't see why he had to imply that Federer and Nadal think "only about winning a trophy" or what he could have gained from making the comment. Nonetheless, I think I'll give him the benefit of the doubt this time around and attribute it to awkward word selection. Perhaps he might have been referring to their single-minded determination to win tournaments in a slightly more positive light.

ReturnWinner
01-18-2010, 05:34 PM
I do not know if its due to his poor english but the guy seems always to be very frank and direct, remember some times when he said Federer was being lucky and last year at the beginning of the masters cup he said Nadal can't serve or volley.

JolánGagó
01-18-2010, 05:36 PM

i'm not judging her- with some women you can tell that they have a "price tag" :angel:

let me give you an example

i knew of a son of a jewellers who inherited the wealth and used to drive a ferrari

there was this absolutely beautiful girl but she was one of those types of women- she basically prostituted herself because he had a nice car- rumor has it she was miserable because of erectile dysfunctions (sluts only think of money and sex) in the bedroom but she married him

thats just how some women are

You seem to have the brain of a tse-tse fly.

Corey Feldman
01-18-2010, 05:56 PM
no Denko, you just fix matches for money and have won zero GS's

be proud indeed

serveandvolley80
01-18-2010, 06:00 PM
ClassyJudging someone by the way she looks

Hate to bounce you back to reality but, do you honestly believe a woman that looks like that would be with someone who looks like Davydenko if he was a truck driver?

Its called nature, and good looking people are attracted to other good looking people, it plays a big factor in attraction, anyone that says its whats on the inside that counts the most probably has a rat face.

Don't get me wrong personality matters probably more so then the physical aspect, but we generally don't like to end up with someone that fell off the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down.

star
01-18-2010, 06:01 PM
:lol:

Funny words from a guy who plays every tournament he can find.

But maybe he's just a laid back guy not giving it his all and having a good time. Doesn't look like it, but who knows? :shrug:

SetSampras
01-18-2010, 06:04 PM
I'm sorry, did Nikolay said he wants to become number 1 or did he said that he will be the new number 1 whithout extrawork ?
From what I've read he is a humble man who loves his job. Because that's what tennis is to him. A job! But he is no workaholic. He plays for money. He goes to all kind of small events just for the bonus the tournoument directors give him. And that's about it.
If he wanted to become a star like Nadal or Federer he would have played less MM events and spent more time on the practice court. But he dosen't. He doesn't want fans staring at him in evrey moment of his life. He wants to go shopping or to the cinema like all avreage people do.
I loved Kolya's suntanned which he got from the trip he and Irina took to Maldive in december while Nadal seemed to have been on the court all vacation long.:wavey:

Im not sure what Davy wants out of his career or life, nor do I care.. But I think what he has to understand is the concept of sacrifice. Guys who are all time greats, have consistent dominant years, have the great longevity of winning are those who more times than not will dedicate everything they have to the game. You have to do that, or you wont make an all time great career for yourself. So to there and say Nadal and Fed have no life but tennis... YEA!!! Thats what you have to do to be where they are. They are hands the two best players of this era and there is a reason for it. If Fed and Nadal spent more time with the groupies drinking partying ala Safin, do u think they would be where they are today and have the careers they have? I dont care how talented u are.. You have to be in the work and make the sacrifice to get where Nadal and Fed have got.\

In alot of ways I always resort back to the Agassi-Sampras concept since they were two polar opposities. In many ways, Agassi was just as good as Pete and could adapt more to various conditions than Pete could. But the difference was Pete eat, lived and breathed tennis.. Agassi didnt. if Agassi did he may have been the best with Sampras comiing in 2nd during his era. But instead it was Sampras who was the best and got the best of Andre overrall while Agassi pissed away his prime years on his image rather than the game. Just that little difference of that extra sacrifice goes a long ways.

I see alot of young guys in any sports these days being given too much before they are ready nor when they deserve or earn it.

serveandvolley80
01-18-2010, 06:06 PM

Funny words from a guy who plays every tournament he can find.

But maybe he's just a laid back guy not giving it his all and having a good time. Doesn't look like it, but who knows? :shrug:

I use the same excuse all the time too, its called a losers attitude, i could have been a star athlete if i just applied myself and cared, but now i am fixing computers, its only because i did not try that's all, i mean its not like it takes talent or anything, i just have to apply myself.

If Fed and Nadal spent more time with the groupies drinking partying ala Safin, do u think they would be where they are today and have the careers they have? No but probably have a lot of great memories............ and crabs.

Corey Feldman
01-18-2010, 06:06 PM
"I have a good life" and "Nadal and Federer mostly think about tennis" = "Nadal and Federer have no life".

Interesting how things are implied but never actually said.Nalbandian's bro said the same things a few years ago

seems to be some kind of excuse for those who havnt won a GS.. like thats the only reason

kandygram
01-18-2010, 06:09 PM
Ah, Davy entertaining us with his charming personality again. He's never been generous with compliments. ;) It just seems like a rather silly comment considering that he does seem to play every tourney.

At least he didn't say how much the tournament stinks. He's already been fined for those types of actions. :devil:

tennishero
01-18-2010, 06:09 PM

fedtard rage

serveandvolley80
01-18-2010, 06:11 PM
fedtard rage

Maybe, but a classless comment is still what it is, excuses are for losers.

SetSampras
01-18-2010, 06:15 PM
Sacrifice.. The constant need to get better and have a thirst to be the best.. Thats what separates the good from the great. The young guys today just can't seem to grasp this concept. They are happy where they are and they money they are making.. And thats a shame really cause there a few out there who have great great potential to have great careers. However, they may just be footnotes.

Federer spent a few years toiling on tour and worked his butt of to be the best. Nadal could have been just satisifed with being the greatest clay court player who ever lived and not worked on his overrall game but he did. He wanted slams on every surface and he put in the work to do just that. Then you have other guys who have actually IMO REGRESSED instead of gotten better. Djokovic is a perfect example. he was a deadlier and scarier player 2-3 years then he is now when he should be at or near his peak at this point where he should be solidified as the best or close to it considering his talent and have racked up maybe at least 3-4 slams already. Yet he is still sitting on his one sole slam from 2 years ago

Sander.
01-18-2010, 06:17 PM
This is why Davydenko never will be a loved player.

PiggyGotRoasted
01-18-2010, 06:31 PM
Knowing davydenko, I cant tell if half of that interview was him taking the piss or not

timafi
01-18-2010, 06:33 PM
fedtard rage

au contraire!

if David was more focus on tennis he'd be a multiple slam winner.You just like the tanker sound bitter and angry and envious:tape:

as for Davydenko;he plays every week and again I don't remember Davydenko giving on damn red cent he's made tanking or winning matches to charity:rolleyes:

so stfu:mad:

tangerine_dream
01-18-2010, 06:35 PM
It's become clear that Davydenko's dry-as-the-desert sense of humor does not translate well on paper at all. And I'm hardly a Donkey fan.

JuliC
01-18-2010, 06:45 PM
I'd rather win at least one slam and cry than to be a dull and zero personality-player like davydenko.

lalaland
01-18-2010, 06:47 PM
since when ppl start caring about what Kolya has to say, let alone getting work up by his words ?:p
does that mean he is now a threat to the big guns? :D Go Kolya.

mark73
01-18-2010, 06:53 PM
Hi, im trolling. :wavey:

Jōris
01-18-2010, 06:59 PM
All he's saying he isn't as ambitious as the top two. The article is making too much out of his comment.

alter ego
01-18-2010, 07:01 PM
This is why Davydenko never will be a loved player.

Oh brother, I can't stand all the gayness. Did he knock on your door and asked you to love him ?

SetSampras
01-18-2010, 07:03 PM
All he's saying he isn't as ambitious as the top two. The article is making too much out of his comment.

Well then why isnt he just a coach at the local country club in moscow? If he is just going to half ass it his whole career why bother? If youre going to shit in my pond dont come out and admit it. Just APPEAR to be trying and dont knock others who give the game their all by talking shit. Thats all I ask. I cant stand people who half ass their career (cough* Agassi * cough) and have the audacity to attack those who put their heart and soul into the game like Roger and Rafa. Or like Meth head Andre talked about in his book about Pete badmouthing him and wondering if Pete's sacrifice was worth it. Their genuine jealousy is evident by all

alter ego
01-18-2010, 07:09 PM
Well then why isnt he just a coach at the local country club in moscow?

Because it's a free world out there. And he can do whatever he wants. Stop living in a communist paradigm.

Jōris
01-18-2010, 07:14 PM
Well then why isnt he just a coach at the local country club in moscow? If he is just going to half ass it his whole career why bother? If youre going to shit in my pond dont come out and admit it. Just APPEAR to be trying and dont knock others who give the game their all by talking shit. Thats all I ask. I cant stand people who half ass their career (cough* Agassi * cough) and have the audacity to attack those who put their heart and soul into the game like Roger and Rafa. Or like Meth head Andre talked about in his book about Pete badmouthing him and wondering if Pete's sacrifice was worth it. Their genuine jealousy is evident by all

He's got a good game and lives a good life. I think his priorities are perfectly in order.

mark73
01-18-2010, 07:22 PM
I know this is off topic but does 1 + 1 = 2 or 3?

l_mac
01-18-2010, 07:34 PM
Safin may very well have could of had a Federersque or Samprasesque career had he applied himself from the very start. he certainly could have had a better career than Nadal thus far. Safin didnt have to have to be a workforce and destroy his body to beat the big boys. The game came easy to Safin when he was at his best just as did Roger or Pete. Safin was a guy who rarely showed up to play his A game but when he did he took everything Roger could dish out at his peak and Safin managed to win the match. He managed to beat Sampras. He whooped on Djoker at Wimbeldon (not to say thats a big accomplishment but still). Safin had the ability to take out some all time greats. He was a big time tennis talent. Safin had the ability and did beat the best, but the game also came pretty easy to him compared to other who have accomplished more than him.

Sure :yeah:

tennishero
01-18-2010, 07:50 PM

federer AO 2005 was not at his peak.

abraxas21
01-18-2010, 07:54 PM
I'd rather win at least one slam and cry than to be a dull and zero personality-player like davydenko.

The sad part is that you will achieve neither of those scenarios...

the graduate
01-18-2010, 07:58 PM
how does he know about their personal lives,Rodger has kids and charities that keep him busy away from tennis.I never hear or see davydenko doing anything for charity.Rafa comes from a big family and does charity work in Mallorca,what has he done for mother Russia..what a prick

tennishero
01-18-2010, 07:58 PM
au contraire!

if David was more focus on tennis he'd be a multiple slam winner.You just like the tanker sound bitter and angry and envious:tape:

as for Davydenko;he plays every week and again I don't remember Davydenko giving on damn red cent he's made tanking or winning matches to charity:rolleyes:

so stfu:mad:

why do you care, stop crying u loser.

DrJules
01-18-2010, 08:11 PM
Next we discover Davydenko is tennis' answer to Tiger Woods.

habibko
01-18-2010, 08:12 PM
It's become clear that Davydenko's dry-as-the-desert sense of humor does not translate well on paper at all. And I'm hardly a Donkey fan.

this, he didn't say they have no life, but who cares to notice such irrelevant details...

it can only be a compliment for Federer and Nadal that they have such huge passion for the sport as it is and not get distracted much by everything else in their life to an extent that it would seriously hurt their career, Davydenko admires this and acknowledges that he can't be like that, so he makes fun of this fact in a good spirit, that's all there is in it.

LEGENDOFTENNIS
01-18-2010, 08:17 PM
Federers peak was late 2006 (Best tournie aus07)

Jimnik
01-18-2010, 08:34 PM
Davai Davydenko!

Shame they weren't really his words.

DrJules
01-18-2010, 08:43 PM
this, he didn't say they have no life, but who cares to notice such irrelevant details...

it can only be a compliment for Federer and Nadal that they have such huge passion for the sport as it is and not get distracted much by everything else in their life to an extent that it would seriously hurt their career, Davydenko admires this and acknowledges that he can't be like that, so he makes fun of this fact in a good spirit, that's all there is in it.

For the last 6 months Federer has been.:devil:

Action Jackson
01-18-2010, 08:46 PM
Knowing davydenko, I cant tell if half of that interview was him taking the piss or not

Best sign of deadpan.

habibko
01-18-2010, 08:48 PM
For the last 6 months Federer has been.:devil:

he still won slams and made the other GS finals, the guy became a father and already achieved all his tennis dreams, give him a break :rolleyes:

the fact that he is still playing and planning to play as long as he can only shows how much dedication he has for the sport he loves.

Yappa
01-18-2010, 08:50 PM
Amazing how ppl can simply ignore that Davydenko's english isn't the best and that things he say can easily be misunderstood.

born_on_clay
01-18-2010, 08:53 PM
Davydenko doesn`t play tennis to win trophies and get the needed respect.He plays it to make money and give his wife his credit card.

agreed

from now on I don't like this Russian ?&%#$^&
A complete lack of sportsmen spirit...

oranges
01-18-2010, 09:01 PM
Amazing, this is still going on. Ossie is apparently more talented at this tabloid stuff than Oracle ever was, his attempts to create controversy where there is none were generally pure fail.

Sophocles
01-18-2010, 09:41 PM
Funny the difference between posters who have actually read what Davydenko said and those who have read only the tendentious thread title. Only one I can't tell is SetSampras, who may just be having a bad day.

abraxas21
01-18-2010, 09:58 PM
Amazing, this is still going on. Ossie is apparently more talented at this tabloid stuff than Oracle ever was, his attempts to create controversy where there is none were generally pure fail.

the guy should work for the daily mail

abraxas21
01-18-2010, 10:04 PM
My 2 cents is that Kolya is just being honest. His comments might sound like criticism to fed and rafa (esp. to fed) but he's just saying it like it is, or perhaps more precizely, like he perceives it. When he says that he wouldn't cry if he were to win a GS, it is not to put down Federer's morale but simply to ackowledge the fact that they are different in emotional terms. I find this quite credible considering the different personalities that both Kolya and Fed have.

That being said, kolya has always been known for being a non-PC type of guy. This is the same guy who described an event in Sydney as "a small event nobody cares about" and called London "a boring place" when confronted by the journalists.

I'd also like to add that Fed is still my fave player and that Kolya is growing on me with each passing day. I love the type of players who dare to speak out their minds, regardless of whether the media or MTF-type-of-fans will like it or not.

briecie
01-18-2010, 10:26 PM

What the fuck have you done with YOUR life except sit at your computer and talk shit about tennis players you can't even win a match against?

briecie
01-18-2010, 10:27 PM
whether its offensive or not its his indifference/lack of ambition that bothers me more

Go get a life instead of making up stories.

ossie
01-18-2010, 10:31 PM
Go get a life instead of making up stories.i see what you did there :hatoff:

Clay Death
01-18-2010, 10:43 PM
who the f*ck cares, neither Fed nor Rafa would give a donkey turd about what he thinks of them :shrug:

affirmative. truer words were never spoken.

looks like the russian midget is getting his excuses ready when they hand him his ass at a slam.

munZe konZa
01-18-2010, 10:48 PM
why is he saying that Federerer cares about the sport when he cries after losing?
Federerer doesn't care about the sport , just his bruised ego . He actually destroyed the sports credibility with that sad outburst

briecie
01-18-2010, 10:50 PM
i see what you did there :hatoff:

Seriously Ossie, what you just did with this thread is slander to someone who
has no idea you exist. You can say all you want and hate so and so and slander them
but they are leading a good and productive life.

I can see all the haters here who have been grinding their teeth the past few months
because of Kolya's success and now have this thread to vent their venom.

nobama
01-18-2010, 10:54 PM
He actually destroyed the sports credibility with that sad outburstNah, Djerk did that when he lost to Bernard Tomic last week. :o

ossie
01-18-2010, 11:06 PM
Seriously Ossie, what you just did with this thread is slander to someone who
has no idea you exist. You can say all you want and hate so and so and slander them
but they are leading a good and productive life.

I can see all the haters here who have been grinding their teeth the past few months
because of Kolya's success and now have this thread to vent their venom.as i said before i dont care what he says or thinks about fed or nadal, its his lack of passion for tennis that bothers me as a tennis fan, i dont hate the guy or something

Getta
01-18-2010, 11:07 PM
It's become clear that Davydenko's dry-as-the-desert sense of humor does not translate well on paper at all.

hard to translate directly the intricate structure of the humble snowflake into recognisable forms.

you got that right, not surprised... more shocked. :p

Clay Death
01-18-2010, 11:19 PM
i would think that he would have more respect for the 2 players that own his pathetic ass at slams.

this is added fuel and motivation for fed and the clay monster to beat the hell out of him.

clearly not the smartest remarks.

Everko
01-18-2010, 11:29 PM
i would think that he would have more respect for the 2 players that own his pathetic ass at slams.

this is added fuel and motivation for fed and the clay monster to beat the hell out of him.

downright stupid remarks. This is why he will choke

-Valhalla-
01-18-2010, 11:37 PM

Leave it to the charmless Russo-bot to flub a rare, good interview opportunity.

briecie
01-19-2010, 12:16 AM
Below is the CORRECT and ACTUAL article that was so twisted out of contex in this thread.

Nikolay Davydenko's mental strength leaves him ready to stage upsetBeating Roger Federer in London flicked a switch for the in-form Russian, who now believes he is capable of anything
Buzz up!
Digg it
Simon Cambers in Melbourne guardian.co.uk, Monday 18 January 2010
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Sport/Pix/pictures/2010/1/17/1263742646394/Nikolay-Davydenko-001.jpg

Until very recently, if you had stopped anyone in the street to ask them to identify a picture of Nikolay Davydenko, the chances are they would have looked at you with the kind of blank stare usually reserved for watching University Challenge. The Russian was little known *outside of tennis circles and, even within the sport, he was rarely overwhelmed by interview requests. He was not exactly box office, let's put it that way.

All that changed seven weeks ago when the 28-year-old stormed to victory in the ATP World Tour Finals at London's O2, beating Rafael Nadal, Roger Federer and then in the final, Juan Martín Del Potro to win the biggest prize of his career. In one swoop he had become a contender and while most of the attention here has *surrounded the big names, Davydenko goes into the Australian Open as one of the few men who could upset the favourites to take the title.

Until then, Davydenko had always been a man on the outside. Despite having a Davis Cup winners' medal and having won 20 ATP Tour titles, he is without an *official racket sponsor and his clothing always looks more like it has been handed down from family and friends than delivered to him by one of the major companies. You won't see him on the red carpets at film premieres or ducking paparazzi in trendy restaurants. Not that he cares.

"I have a good life," he said. "It's not only about tennis for me. Maybe I am not a champion like Nadal or Federer [demonstrating a pose to indicate single-mindedness]. For them, it's only about winning a trophy, winning a grand slam, maybe dreaming every day about it. I am not that guy, I am different. I don't cry like Federer at winning a grand slam. He holds it in all two weeks and then explodes. I am different."

What happened in London could prove to be watershed moment in his career. Until then, he had lost all 12 meetings with Federer, sometimes playing well but never able to get the better of the world No1. Beating him in London was as if a switch had clicked in his brain, the realisation that he could do it finally convincing him he deserves a place at the top of the game. After beating Del Potro, he began 2010 with wins over Nadal and Federer to lift the title in Doha and he is arguably the most in-form player going into the first grand slam of the year.

Davydenko admits that beating Federer was a huge mental breakthrough. "Before, if I played against Federer, in my mind I had already lost the match. Always on the important points, I knew he would do something. Now I don't lose the match in my mind. I just fight and I feel I can win this match." So could he win the Australian Open, having never got past the semi-final of a grand slam before? "Why not, I can for sure. I beat everyone already in the top 10 and it doesn't matter if it's a grand slam or another tournament. I feel I can beat these guys here."

His recent success and his overall consistency is all the more remarkable when you consider what he had to go through in 2007 and 2008. In August 2007, after a match with Argentina's Martin Vassallo Argüello in a match at the ATP event in Sopot, Davydenko and Vassallo Argüello were accused of involvement in match-fixing. Betting company Betfair raised suspicions when the Russian's price drifted even though he won the first set, before he eventually retired, citing injury, early in the deciding set. After an inquiry lasting over a year, both men were cleared of any wrongdoing.

Despite the intense scrutiny into the whole affair, some of which continues, Davydenko continued to play well and his victory in London ensured that he remained in the world's top six for the fifth consecutive year. It is an outstanding record but one that was largely overlooked because of the exploits of Federer and Nadal and the emergence of Novak Djokovic, Del Potro and Andy Murray.

Should all go to plan for him here, he is drawn to play Federer again in the quarter-finals. Suddenly, playing the world No1 holds no fear for him and his only worry is that he may have peaked too soon by winning in Doha, as Andy Murray did in 2009 before going on to lose in the fourth round at Melbourne Park.

"I was surprised with how I played Doha, I showed the same level in London," he said. "I hope I can keep holding it. Sometimes you can [peak] too early and then you come to Australia and you go down and then you're disappointed because it's a big tournament and you're not at the top level. But we'll see what happens in the next two weeks."

What if he were to end his career without winning a grand slam? "I don't think I would be disappointed," he said. "I won Davis Cup, I won London and I was in the final [of the Masters Cup] in Shanghai a couple of years ago. I won Masters Series tournaments and I have won 20 titles already. I don't know how many more I need."

And if it could be guaranteed that he could win the title here, but that he would have to retire the next day, would he take it? "No, no, no," he says. "I would say I don't want to win it. I don't need, say like 1,000. Give me two times 250 and one 500. That's it, you understand?"

Davydenko begins his title bid against Dieter Kindlmann of Germany tomorrow.
Printable versionSend to a friendShareClipContact us larger | smaller EmailClose Recipient's email address Your first name Your surname Add a note (optional)

Clay Death
01-19-2010, 12:28 AM
downright stupid remarks. This is why he will choke

i dont know if he will choke but fed and the clay monster will surely choke the bastard at slams like they have been doing all these years. only they will grind him into the ground a little more now.

added incentive cant hurt.

Bagelicious
01-19-2010, 12:38 AM
This thread in redux:

He's pretty much just saying, what is in any case crashingly obvious, that Fed & Nadal are more ambitious tennis players than he is.

Wow you are surpassing The Oracle with a headlines like that,way to put in his mouth something that he actually never said.

Big deal. Most people seem to assume that Davydenko is just a ball-hitting machine that doesn't have a life outside of tennis. In this article he's just making a point of saying that, yes, he does enjoying things outside of tennis. Of course, I think he's wrong about Federer and Nadal. Maybe tennis is a higher priority for them than it is for Davydenko, but I think it's pretty clear that Federer has things going on off court (two kids and a wife, you know?). And I'm sure Nadal has his outside distractions too.

He beat them recently and all of sudden his mouth opened?

I know this is off topic but does 1 + 1 = 2 or 3?

Did I miss anything interesting? Well-created storm in a teacup by Ossie.

elessar
01-19-2010, 12:51 AM

i dont know if he will choke but fed and the clay monster will surely choke the bastard at slams like they have been doing all these years. only they will grind him into the ground a little more now.

added incentive cant hurt.
In what magic world does Rafito own Denko's ass in slams?

oranges
01-19-2010, 01:08 AM
In what magic world does Rafito own Denko's ass in slams?

CD operates with mythic reputation, not facts ;)

gulzhan
01-19-2010, 01:20 AM

Well Agassi managed a career slam and 8 slam total. Andre did become focused big time on the game when he returned at 29 years old. And wouldnt u know it was the most successfull he had ever been in his career. You need just as much focus and mental toughness as you do talent in this game.

If not.. You just end up with guys like David Nalbandian Marat Safin, and Michael Stich

:haha: Priceless! :haha:

This is what I call a MTF conversation.

SetSampras
01-19-2010, 04:36 AM
federer AO 2005 was not at his peak.

Damn near close to it.. Some will argue Fed was at his best in 2005. Not 2006.

yomeK
01-19-2010, 05:04 AM

:awww: You also don't know what it is like to win a Grand Slam :hug: I like Davy, but he needs to not get too cocky. He barely beat Nadal last week.

soraya
01-19-2010, 05:55 AM
Let's see if you win one first.

crude oil
01-19-2010, 05:58 AM
federer has 9 lives

soraya
01-19-2010, 06:10 AM

:rolls::rolls: Too good.

Nastasie
01-19-2010, 08:35 AM
Let's see if you win one first.

Seriously. Kolya *does not speak English*. Obviously he meant something along the lines of "I *would not* cry *if* I won, etc.". I'm 99.99% certain that he's perfectly aware he's never won a slam. :rolleyes:

There's zero controversy/provocation/mind-game material in that interview. But by all means, don't let common sense get in the way of getting your knickers in a twist.

apple123
01-19-2010, 08:56 AM
Thought to quote this. Now we can see what have been taken out of context.

Below is the CORRECT and ACTUAL article that was so twisted out of contex in this thread.

Nikolay Davydenko's mental strength leaves him ready to stage upsetBeating Roger Federer in London flicked a switch for the in-form Russian, who now believes he is capable of anything
Buzz up!
Digg it
Simon Cambers in Melbourne guardian.co.uk, Monday 18 January 2010
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Sport/Pix/pictures/2010/1/17/1263742646394/Nikolay-Davydenko-001.jpg

Until very recently, if you had stopped anyone in the street to ask them to identify a picture of Nikolay Davydenko, the chances are they would have looked at you with the kind of blank stare usually reserved for watching University Challenge. The Russian was little known *outside of tennis circles and, even within the sport, he was rarely overwhelmed by interview requests. He was not exactly box office, let's put it that way.

All that changed seven weeks ago when the 28-year-old stormed to victory in the ATP World Tour Finals at London's O2, beating Rafael Nadal, Roger Federer and then in the final, Juan Martín Del Potro to win the biggest prize of his career. In one swoop he had become a contender and while most of the attention here has *surrounded the big names, Davydenko goes into the Australian Open as one of the few men who could upset the favourites to take the title.

Until then, Davydenko had always been a man on the outside. Despite having a Davis Cup winners' medal and having won 20 ATP Tour titles, he is without an *official racket sponsor and his clothing always looks more like it has been handed down from family and friends than delivered to him by one of the major companies. You won't see him on the red carpets at film premieres or ducking paparazzi in trendy restaurants. Not that he cares.

"I have a good life," he said. "It's not only about tennis for me. Maybe I am not a champion like Nadal or Federer [demonstrating a pose to indicate single-mindedness]. For them, it's only about winning a trophy, winning a grand slam, maybe dreaming every day about it. I am not that guy, I am different. I don't cry like Federer at winning a grand slam. He holds it in all two weeks and then explodes. I am different."

What happened in London could prove to be watershed moment in his career. Until then, he had lost all 12 meetings with Federer, sometimes playing well but never able to get the better of the world No1. Beating him in London was as if a switch had clicked in his brain, the realisation that he could do it finally convincing him he deserves a place at the top of the game. After beating Del Potro, he began 2010 with wins over Nadal and Federer to lift the title in Doha and he is arguably the most in-form player going into the first grand slam of the year.

Davydenko admits that beating Federer was a huge mental breakthrough. "Before, if I played against Federer, in my mind I had already lost the match. Always on the important points, I knew he would do something. Now I don't lose the match in my mind. I just fight and I feel I can win this match." So could he win the Australian Open, having never got past the semi-final of a grand slam before? "Why not, I can for sure. I beat everyone already in the top 10 and it doesn't matter if it's a grand slam or another tournament. I feel I can beat these guys here."

His recent success and his overall consistency is all the more remarkable when you consider what he had to go through in 2007 and 2008. In August 2007, after a match with Argentina's Martin Vassallo Argüello in a match at the ATP event in Sopot, Davydenko and Vassallo Argüello were accused of involvement in match-fixing. Betting company Betfair raised suspicions when the Russian's price drifted even though he won the first set, before he eventually retired, citing injury, early in the deciding set. After an inquiry lasting over a year, both men were cleared of any wrongdoing.

Despite the intense scrutiny into the whole affair, some of which continues, Davydenko continued to play well and his victory in London ensured that he remained in the world's top six for the fifth consecutive year. It is an outstanding record but one that was largely overlooked because of the exploits of Federer and Nadal and the emergence of Novak Djokovic, Del Potro and Andy Murray.

Should all go to plan for him here, he is drawn to play Federer again in the quarter-finals. Suddenly, playing the world No1 holds no fear for him and his only worry is that he may have peaked too soon by winning in Doha, as Andy Murray did in 2009 before going on to lose in the fourth round at Melbourne Park.

"I was surprised with how I played Doha, I showed the same level in London," he said. "I hope I can keep holding it. Sometimes you can [peak] too early and then you come to Australia and you go down and then you're disappointed because it's a big tournament and you're not at the top level. But we'll see what happens in the next two weeks."

What if he were to end his career without winning a grand slam? "I don't think I would be disappointed," he said. "I won Davis Cup, I won London and I was in the final [of the Masters Cup] in Shanghai a couple of years ago. I won Masters Series tournaments and I have won 20 titles already. I don't know how many more I need."

And if it could be guaranteed that he could win the title here, but that he would have to retire the next day, would he take it? "No, no, no," he says. "I would say I don't want to win it. I don't need, say like 1,000. Give me two times 250 and one 500. That's it, you understand?"

Davydenko begins his title bid against Dieter Kindlmann of Germany tomorrow.
Printable versionSend to a friendShareClipContact us larger | smaller EmailClose Recipient's email address Your first name Your surname Add a note (optional)

Doggy
01-19-2010, 08:56 AM
watch your big head, stud!

Corey Feldman
01-19-2010, 09:52 AM
he's still yapping off about them, what is he trying to prove

"I am not Paris Hilton. I don't want to be like this. I don't want to be like Nadal, Federer. These guys I never see by breakfast. They stay in the room and take room service. For me better go downstairs, you know, take breakfast, or dinner to go somewhere, not to be so much famous."

Nastasie
01-19-2010, 09:59 AM

"I am not Paris Hilton. I don't want to be like this. I don't want to be like Nadal, Federer. These guys I never see by breakfast. They stay in the room and take room service. For me better go downstairs, you know, take breakfast, or dinner to go somewhere, not to be so much famous."

I'd venture a guess that he's being asked all the time about the lack of recognition from the media, fans, sponsors, etc. You know the sports press and their tendency to get monothematic. It sounds to me like the standard answer he's come up with, and, again, he can't exactly elaborate much with his English, can he?

ETA: I forgot to mention I continue to see nothing absolutely wrong with what he's saying.
And lol at the Paris Hilton comment. :lol:

scoobs
01-19-2010, 10:05 AM
I can't decide whether Davydenko really wants the fame and publicity and is slightly resentful he doesn't get it, or whether he really doesn't want it.

At times he says stuff like this, suggesting he's not interested in it. At times he says stuff like - well it's the ATP's job to promote me, etc, I'm here to play tennis, like someone else is not doing their job properly.

Regardless, it'd be nice if people stopped badgering him about it. It is what it is - he has more personality than he's been given credit for and when that shows through it's worth the wait, but he doesn't go out of his way to whore to the media, his broken English makes it more challenging for the English-dominated media to really "get" him, and in the end the best way to get ridiculous amounts of publicity in tennis is to a) be born British or b) win a Slam.

green25814
01-19-2010, 10:27 AM

LOL. Most ignorant comment about tennis I've ever seen.

All of the players you mention have tennis as their no 1 concern in life. I GUARANTEE IT. Davydenko also. He is either lying or deluded in his interview, because there is no way you can acheive his game without dedicating most of your life to tennis. Ask any coach, the first thing they will ask a young player is whether they can put tennis before everything else. You can't even make the top 30 without being dedicated, the field is so strong. If they aren't dedicated, the players become discarded at an early age. Essentially, from our perspective, virtually ALL professional tennis players 'have no life'.

Tennis players even put tennis before their partners (which causes relationship problems for many). You think a Murray, a Roddick or a Djokovic doesn't eat, sleep and breathe tennis? BULLSHIT.

briecie
01-19-2010, 11:21 AM

He is saying that he is not after the media frenzy where he can't live an ordinary life like going down to have breakfast etc. He is not critisizing them, he is just saying that he would prefer a low profile and yet still be good at his tennis. Does not want too much fame.
Simply that.
And what is he to do if reporters keep asking him stupid questions about wanting to be more famous etc? Is he to keep quiet and not say anything in his press?

Why must his words be disected to mean otherwise? You lot can be so pathetic.

And what about the awful things you all say about all the players? You are allowed to speak your mind and they dont? He is an ardent supporter of Federer and always have shown him great respect like not jumping up and down like a fool when he beat him in the last 2 matches. Such self control so as not to show dis-respect to the no 1 player.

Corey Feldman
01-19-2010, 11:29 AM
I can't decide whether Davydenko really wants the fame and publicity and is slightly resentful he doesn't get it, or whether he really doesn't want it.

same here

remember his "he's always lucky" comments about Fed before he started beating him

resentful little git

paseo
01-19-2010, 12:16 PM
After so many years on the tour, doing interview after every match, why in the hell that his english is still so poor?

denibas77
01-19-2010, 12:45 PM
He wants recognition ,not fame,he maybe is slightly resentful he doesn't get credit for his achievments,but he doesn't want fame:o

tennis2tennis
01-19-2010, 02:12 PM
why is he assuming they don't have a life:rolleyes:

oranges
01-19-2010, 02:25 PM
why is he assuming they don't have a life:rolleyes:

He doesn't, Ossie does

heya
01-19-2010, 03:52 PM
Did some player criticize Federer? Prepare ambulances for Agassi, Sampras, Rod Laver, Cliff Drydale, the US Davis Cup team & the McEnroes.

TheBoiledEgg
01-19-2010, 04:04 PM
NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO
THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. You are one of the favorites of the tournament. How do you deal with this? This year many players like Nadal or Murray thought Davydenko can win.
NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: Oh, really? Surprising, you know, these guys start to talking about me, because maybe now. Before, if nobody talking, then nobody scare. Now it's everyone scare. That's what's is start to talking about me and favorites and everything.
But it's interesting feeling. Now I feel like I can beat everyone. That's was these guys now, you know, something feel different. Before no because I know I can win, but mostly I losing against these guys. But now I can beat everyone. It's good feeling.

Q. Your confidence is 200%, 400%?
NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: No, maybe about these guys, yes. But, you know, if I play against top 10, it's coming quarterfinals, semifinal. But before I need to reach this level. I need to win second, third round, you know, to become this level, to become this level of 200%.

Q. Do you enjoy scaring people?
NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: Enjoy which people?

Q. Scaring everybody that you're scaring now.
NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: Oh, you mean... Yes, why not? Really, you know, if somebody scare of me, if I go on the court, it's very good. You know, then I have more confidence. If I don't feel by self good, I know everybody scare play against me, and I still have something, you know, feel I can win this match.

Q. This is a new feeling then?
NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: Why new feeling? I have always the same feeling, but now little bit better. Little better feeling.

Q. Do you feel the attitudes of the other players, the top players, have really changed towards you?
NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: I don't know. It's like, say, we play London like two months ago. You know, I don't know how is changed now in these two months. I know it's top guys have every tournaments very high level.
But every week, every tournament's different. You know, some guys play better there. Like, say, Federer play better in Wimbledon. But, like, say in Roland Garros different, or in other Grand Slam is different.
Is not these guys, like all top 5 guys have the same level in all tournaments. I see in some tournaments it's different level, and I know it's playing not so good and they are play much better.
That's was now it's just Grand Slam. I really don't know who is this guy who get now the hundred percent now play very well here and who is the favorite here. It's just begin first week, and we will see what's can happen the second week already.

Q. Your win in the Masters, what has it changed for you?
NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: Really nothing. Just I won $1 million. It's okay. Nothing special (laughter.)

Q. What did you do with all this money? Did you buy a house in Russia?
NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: Not yet. Not yet. Some invest money. You know, if you win money, you need to make more money. That's what's I try to do. Not only with tennis make money. Something else. Some business also to do. Because with tennis you can't do this so much money.
That's was is very important after tennis what you can do and how you invest your money in what you do after.

Q. Did you buy something for your wife?
NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: Look, if I buy everything to my wife, how I can invest money?
Yes, for sure I buy something. But not so much, you know, what people think about this.

Q. What did you buy for her?
NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: You know, I was after like London was two weeks in Maldives. I spent all this money there because we have good holiday. I don't think about how much I spend there. It's was good vacation. Was very enjoy.

Q. Do you notice anything about yourself, that you're playing better, anything that is better now?
NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: I think start to play little bit much better volley to play. You know, if you see my match against Nadal in final in Doha, I start to go to the net. I start to make some points volley, make so many winners volley. Maybe a little bit better serve sometimes.
But try, try to do different. It's not only I just think about only baseline. For sure baseline. I want to be fast. I want to running fast. Like Del Potro tell me now I am like PlayStation 3 in London. Now I try to come level PlayStation 4, to be faster and faster. I hope I can do this. It's very important to me.

Q. Has Del Potro taught you to play PlayStation?
NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: Yes. Like in London, everyone just start to talking about me like I'm like PlayStation player. Like if you play against me in PlayStation, the same level. I'm moving fast, play fast.
That's what is good. Everybody thinking I am very fast on the court. And I want to practicing like this. I want to keep this level, like PlayStation.

Q. Who won at PlayStation?
NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: No, like say Del Potro play against me in PlayStation. He lost in London. You understand, yeah?

Q. Since you won the Masters, are you more recognized in the street? Do you sign more autographs?
NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: I hope not. Then is not so many like say celebrity guys. I am not Paris Hilton. I don't want to be like this. I don't want to be like Nadal, Federer. These guys I never see by breakfast. They stay in the room and take room service.
For me better go downstairs, you know, take breakfast, or dinner to go somewhere, not to be so much famous.

Q. Are you a celebrity in Russia?
NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: No. Also not. Russia's big country. Really big country. And some part, like in some place, yes, but not everywhere.

Q. Do you think players like Federer and Nadal have an advantage here because you have to win three sets? They always do well in Grand Slams. Do you think it can change something?
NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: I don't know. It's always talk about Federer, Nadal, Federer, Nadal. Yeah, these guys always come in the final, play against guys both in finals in every Grand Slam.
But who knows now. If you see Wimbledon was Roddick, Del Potro was US Open. Game is change now. Have top 10 guys is pretty hard. If you see Soderling was in the final of Paris. It's not always Federer and Nadal in finals. It start to change in tennis.
I hope not to be anymore only Nadal‑Federer.

Q. You say the Masters didn't change a lot. Except for the money of course, is it going to change something if you win this tournament?
NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: I don't know. Is here 50% tax. Cannot make millions here. Really is change only in your career, in your feeling, in your like, say, life because you won Grand Slam.
Yes, it's just titles. It's not only money. It's already some titles. I have already 20 titles. Yes, every tournament I win is my life is my title.
It's for sure if I continue, in tennis I feel I have so many titles and memories still feeling, yes. And some memories, some tournaments, like London, Shanghai, Miami, Paris. It's really big tournaments for me. For sure if I'm winning Grand Slam tournaments, it's still my memory.

Q. How much time did you spend in Maldives?
NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: Two weeks. I start to teach diving. Now I am professional diving. Something you need to teach, something you need to learn, something different, not think about tennis.

Q. How deep did you go in diving?
NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: Beginning 18 meters. Second step 40 meters. Next step, end of this year, I want to go 40 meters down.

Q. Do you talk to your wife a lot about tennis? Is she the one you confide in?
NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: Sometimes if I feel ‑‑ no, if she ‑‑ like ‑‑ if I play bad or feel like something wrong, she start to talk to me about tennis. If everything okay, no. Is no question.

Kolya been upgraded to a PS4 :bowdown: no wonder they running scared

heya
01-19-2010, 04:14 PM
Originally Posted by DrJules View Post

Hope Nik will sit in Rogoo's little box when his Russian team mate plays Rogoo.
Wifey won't divorce Nik...

habibko
01-19-2010, 04:19 PM
Kolya been upgraded to a PS4 :bowdown: no wonder they running scared

:worship: :worship: :worship:

seems Davydenko is really confident, doesn't look pretty for Roger if they met in the QF :unsure: :scared:

Arkulari
01-19-2010, 04:23 PM
:worship: :worship: :worship:

seems Davydenko is really confident, doesn't look pretty for Roger if they met in the QF :unsure: :scared:

well, it is expected that Roger loses to Kolya, he's in a very crappy level :o

rofe
01-19-2010, 04:33 PM
From Roger's post-match interview after the Igor match:

Q. Nikolay Davydenko said everyone in the draw is scared of him. Are you scared of him?

ROGER FEDERER: Well, respect the way he deserves. Yeah, sure.

Q. Not scared?

ROGER FEDERER: "Scared" is a bad word. I don't like that word. Ask a boxer if he's scared of the other guy. I don't think he's going to say yes.

Q. Do you fear him?

ROGER FEDERER: I respect him like I do over a hundred other players in the draw.

Be afraid, be very afraid of Denko, Roger. :scared:

habibko
01-19-2010, 04:39 PM
this Davydenko is good.

Bagelicious
01-19-2010, 05:55 PM
After so many years on the tour, doing interview after every match, why in the hell that his english is still so poor?

That's what I'm wondering too. Yeah, yeah, his English is poor, but other players also have poor English (Rafa for example) and you can hear them improving over time.

Allez
01-19-2010, 06:23 PM
I've lost all respect for this clown. Fed has a wife, kids, charities all over the world. He leads fund raising efforts etc etc what the hell is Koyla talking about? STFU.

abraxas21
01-19-2010, 07:28 PM
Q. What did you do with all this money? Did you buy a house in Russia?
NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: Not yet. Not yet. Some invest money. You know, if you win money, you need to make more money. That's what's I try to do. Not only with tennis make money. Something else. Some business also to do. Because with tennis you can't do this so much money.
That's was is very important after tennis what you can do and how you invest your money in what you do after.

Q. Did you buy something for your wife?
NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO: Look, if I buy everything to my wife, how I can invest money?

Awesome :)

ChinoRios4Ever
01-19-2010, 07:34 PM
"I'm not Paris Hilton" :haha:

Henry Chinaski
01-19-2010, 07:50 PM

Davy's left nut has more charisma than Fed and Nadal put together. Nicer style of play than Nadal and the Federer of the last couple of years too.

GugaF1
01-19-2010, 08:33 PM
Is it a compliment or a criticism ? to say someone is higher dedicated at their job than you are or they are maybe too obsessed about it.

It can be interpreted either way. For some that is a compliment for others may be too much of an obsession. Although i find it hard to belive that you can reach the top notch of any sport without a great degree of obsession.

No hard feelings from Davy though. Just an honest insider comment...

Corey Feldman
01-19-2010, 09:35 PM
Denko is all about the money

we know what he means by "investing it"

Allez
01-19-2010, 09:38 PM
The points is Davy plays faaaar too much tennis than either one of the other two. His life is tennis and his wife. He does nothing else and he dares suggest that the only reason Rogi & Rafa are where they are is because they have no life? Bitch please. He has grown cocky following his breakthrough wins against the two legends.

Action Jackson
01-19-2010, 09:43 PM
Hahahaha, classic overreactions. He is taking the piss but not a surprise that was missed by many people.

Lugburz
01-19-2010, 11:35 PM
don't know how it can be interpreted, all I know is I want some of that sh!t Davydenko has been smoking

l_mac
01-19-2010, 11:48 PM
Davy's left nut has more charisma than Fed and Nadal put together.

No he doesn't. He has a very dry sense of humour, but he lacks charisma.

tektonac
01-20-2010, 12:43 AM
Denko is all about the money

we know what he means by "investing it"

And they proved it right? Don't need to repeat yourself all over again, we heard ya.

On a different note: " ... I don't cry like Federer ...." given his Scottish, just means for me "I'm not as emotional as Federer" and nothing else. This whole thing was blown out of proportion.

Aenea
01-21-2010, 10:16 AM
Denko used to be one of the quiet guys in the top 10 and that's why I liked him. But now after he posed few wins over some of his nemesis he became very cocky. Every day I read something about him and he started speaking too much. And yes, he openly admits playing tennis is all about money.

'Forget kids, get out and play!' says Davydenko's wife

As long as Nikolay Davydenko continues to rise up the rankings his wife has banned any hopes the Russian has of having children for fear it will distract him from his tennis.

The world number six, who believes the world's best players are now "scared" of him, revealed a surprisingly domestic nature after steam-rolling Ukraine's Illya Marchenko 6-3 6-3 6-0 in their second-round match at the Australian Open on Thursday.

"Really, I would like (to) have kids now, like Federer already (has) two, or Hewitt," Davydenko told reporters.

"But my wife don't want to, you know, stay at home. She travel with me now.

"Now I'm top 10. She scared about if I start to, with kids, lose tennis and go down, stray. That's was because I start to miss and I want to go home, (not) want to practice. That's what is different."

Davydenko said Irina, who he married in 2006 and has recently enjoyed a holiday to the Maldives with part of her husband's earnings, could even make a good coach some day.

"She think always I can win everything. She analyse(s) because she's travelled with me already six years. Because in sitting with my (coach) brother, and brother always talking about what I did. She can coaching me already."

While kids are off the agenda for the moment, Davydenko does worry about money -- "because we are Russian" -- and his career after tennis.

"If you win some tournaments you can tell your kids what you did, because you know if my kids ask 'why papa, why are you not working now, what are you doing now?' I need to explain what I did, how my life was before."

Davydenko will play Juan Monaco of Argentina in the third round after needing less than two hours to dispatch qualifier Marchenko.

Despite the ease of the win, he said the qualifier was not "scared" of him, unlike players in the top 10, all of whom he has beaten.

"Qualifying guys they really don't scare because there is nothing to lose. They just go, play and do the best result... I need to (be) scared against these guys."

http://eurosport.yahoo.com/21012010/2/forget-kids-play-says-davydenko-wife.html

JolánGagó
01-21-2010, 10:30 AM
Davy's left nut has more charisma than Fed and Nadal put together.

:haha:

you've been heavily overtrolling as of late.

jaana
01-21-2010, 10:34 AM
^ those last quotes are from his last presser. journalists just suddenly started asking him questions, that's what changed...

Navratil
01-21-2010, 01:28 PM
I think it's a very sympathetic statement but I wonder if it is true. To me Davydenko looks like a hard worker. He's not the Philippoussis-kind-of-type. :-D

And it's tought not to call him a champion! Everyone in that class is a champion!

Chair Umpire
01-21-2010, 06:25 PM
Amazing how ppl can simply ignore that Davydenko's english isn't the best and that things he say can easily be misunderstood.

+1

Team_Roddick
01-21-2010, 07:54 PM
yeah, they've managed to produce a story which leads nowhere.

Orka_n
01-21-2010, 08:29 PM
I'm liking this sly little Russian more and more. :lol: Great stuff. Rooting for him now in this slam.

l_mac
01-21-2010, 09:00 PM
Q. Davydenko told us yesterday he never wants to be really famous like Federer or you. How do you feel about being so famous?

RAFAEL NADAL: Well, I think you are or you are not. You want or you don't want, that's not an answer, no? You are or you are not. That's it, no?

:lol: Rafa :worship:

Davy is talking rubbish about Rafa staying in for room service. You only have to read the "fan experience" section of Rafa's fansites to see that he gets out and about plenty.

ossie
01-21-2010, 09:24 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_jXzsVbb9GC8/Sy-N_w4HlTI/AAAAAAAAAWw/DKBu_bJPq7k/s400/davydenko_blog1.jpg

its my new wallpaper

Bilbo
01-21-2010, 09:58 PM
not a surprising comment from a player who only cares about the money and not for the sport.

fed and nadal care mostly about the sport. two honest characters imo.

donkey should just shut up and learn from them.

oranges
01-21-2010, 11:13 PM
not a surprising comment from a player who only cares about the money and not for the sport.

That must be why they play exhos and then complain about the schedule

briecie
01-21-2010, 11:22 PM

Yeah, Fed doesn't care about the money and that is why he only goes for the jugular and that
is exhos and Slams. He doesn't care about smaller comps cos they pay less, no? Or he thinks he is too grand for them?

kengyin
01-22-2010, 12:36 AM
no, because he doesnt want to overtire himself, if he played tons of tournaments, he would have lots of injuries like nadal

kengyin
01-22-2010, 12:37 AM
nothing against nadal

Swiss Mountain
01-22-2010, 12:41 AM
If he wants to see Roger at breakfast time, he can bring the breakfast in his room; Roger probably like room service; How cute would it be to see both of them sharing breakfast on Roger's bed.

Rumour
01-22-2010, 01:33 AM
Not interested in addressing the OP's twisting of Davydenko's words, especially the cheek to put them in quotation marks as if it was a direct quote :rolleyes: Just wanted to address the language issue; I'm not a big fan of the Russian player (don't hate him, mostly indifferent or neutral) but why do people simply expect him to have fluent English?

He's Ukrainian by birth so I assume he speaks that, then of course he's Russian by nationality so that's another language... Then I recall seeing that he spent much of his formative years training in Germany and I believe he speaks their tongue too, so English is likely his fourth language. Not every player has a Federer-like multilingual ability, so I think Denko should be cut some slack on this particular issue.

-Valhalla-
01-22-2010, 02:08 AM
What Agassi said about Sampras in "Open" applies here too ...

"I've often told Brad that tennis plays too big a part in Pete's life, and not a big enough part in mine, but Pete seems to have the proportions about right. Tennis is his job, and he does it with brio and dedication, while all my talk of maintaining a life outside tennis seems just that - talk. Just a pretty way of rationalizing all my distractions."

elessar
01-22-2010, 02:10 AM
Denko's always been like that, there were just no journalists in his pressers to report on it.

ballbasher101
01-22-2010, 05:51 PM
Davydenko has been getting coaching from Sir Alex :lol:.

scoobs
01-22-2010, 07:33 PM
Denko's learned that if you do want publicity, you should say something controversial :)

ossie
01-22-2010, 07:46 PM
for some reason this thread has made me an avid davydenko fan

MurrayFan1
01-22-2010, 09:34 PM
It's about 2% as insulting as it makes it sound. :o

Mungo
01-23-2010, 12:54 AM
davydenko: ''federer and nadal have no life''

Well...ok
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_GWJatwb-WlI/SDLldEWVnhI/AAAAAAAADB4/X2dT37OJJMA/s400/davydenko_blog1.jpg

swebright
01-23-2010, 04:26 AM
He's a new sensation to the media.

denibas77
01-23-2010, 11:08 AM
His interviews are hilarious,I can't stop laughing:lol::lol::lol:

I hope he continue to win ,so we can read more interviews:yeah:

blank_frackis
01-23-2010, 12:36 PM
It's a classic 'kid in a playground' defence mechanism. You'll find the same thing said by countless bums and social failures all over the world - "they're not really better than me, I just can't be bothered trying".

Anyone who thinks you can reach the level that Davydenko has reached without dedicating virtually your entire life to the sport is deluded.

oranges
01-23-2010, 04:09 PM
It's a classic 'kid in a playground' defence mechanism. You'll find the same thing said by countless bums and social failures all over the world - "they're not really better than me, I just can't be bothered trying".

Anyone who thinks you can reach the level that Davydenko has reached without dedicating virtually your entire life to the sport is deluded.

Were you absent when sense of humor was being given or you just don't bother to read what you comment on first? Rhetorical question, both is the obvious answer.

ossie
01-25-2010, 08:20 AM
And if Davydenko can get past Federer, no doubt the interest in the Russian sixth seed will rise even more, something that he still doesn’t quite understand.

“Just I don't know what has change. Why you come now and you asking me some private questions? I don't know. It's you. You need to ask yourself why you come here.”

omg davydenko your killing me :haha: show those bums from the media what you think about em :worship:

FlameOn
01-25-2010, 09:17 PM
Kolya needs to shut his fat mouth. Just because he's on a bit of a roll at the moment doesn't give him the right to talk so much shit about other players.

alter ego
01-26-2010, 04:49 PM
Q. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you had one day break after the Davis Cup final, then you were back on the practice court.

RAFAEL NADAL: I had one day, one day. We finished at 7th[December], at 9th I was practicing.

Q. Over Christmas, did you practice Christmas Day?

RAFAEL NADAL: I don't know. Christmas Day. 24th yes. 25th, no, party.

Q. So it was really hard work all through the off‑season?

RAFAEL NADAL: Yeah. Last year I was injured. I had more time to practice. This year I finished 7th and I had only two weeks and a half. I did all in my hands practicing physically, and on court very hard. I think was a very good work.
Davy was wrong, wrong I tell you !

victory1
01-27-2010, 01:34 AM
I don't know why Davy would say that. He plays year long!:D He played 26 tournaments while Federer played 18, so who really don't have a life?:wavey:

bobrocks
01-27-2010, 08:02 AM
Russians are a bunch of headcases.

dj_mercury
01-27-2010, 08:04 AM
Well, for one hour today he surely was not thinking about tennis. Unfortunately for him he was on the court when that happened.

Forehander
01-27-2010, 08:22 AM
lol typical Russian male. They're full of pride and judgemental all the time.

oranges
01-27-2010, 08:24 AM
Well, for one hour today he surely was not thinking about tennis. Unfortunately for him he was on the court when that happened.

:lol: Given how many people found this offensive, we really need someone to trash talk Federer, Niko is too nice for that. Rios would do, even Goran if he has some grudge. Than all the mommies who behave as if their 6-month old has just been abused would be less ridiculous

ossie
01-27-2010, 09:34 AM
if dayy devoted all of his time to tennis he would beat federer in straight sets

denibas77
01-27-2010, 10:26 AM
I don't know why Davy would say that. He plays year long!:D He played 26 tournaments while Federer played 18, so who really don't have a life?:wavey:
Correct answer would be YOU ,but you already know that:wavey:
From these two, Federer because

ROGER FEDERER:But, look, I mean, I love this game. It means the world to meHe answered himself
Roger breaths ,eats,lives tennis, Denko just plays tournaments and thats all ,as soon as match finishes he doesn't think tennis and lives his life,as soon as Federer finishes the match he replays the match to admire how wonderful player he is,let not even talk that he watches all other matches ,women ,man ,everything tennis:angel: