AO R1: Rafa does what is needed to defeat Luczak 7-6(0) 6-1 6-4 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

AO R1: Rafa does what is needed to defeat Luczak 7-6(0) 6-1 6-4

Speed of Light
01-18-2010, 09:58 AM
Vamos....

born_on_clay
01-18-2010, 10:00 AM
Pathetic stuff from Rafa
He will be disappointed for sure
He needs a good practice tomorrow
The only good thing about this match is Rafa's 11 aces

Ad Wim
01-18-2010, 10:02 AM
Mediocre performance, but got the job done in 3. Next match is also training, after that it's getting harder.

ossie
01-18-2010, 10:03 AM
Pathetic stuff from Rafa
oh shut up your exaggerating...

born_on_clay
01-18-2010, 10:04 AM
oh shut up your exaggerating...

Have you really watched the match ?

JuliC
01-18-2010, 10:04 AM
Too bad Luczak got broken straight away after he lost the tiebreak, but a good performance :)

MariaV
01-18-2010, 10:06 AM
Yeah nice 'training session' for 2,5 hours. :rolleyes: Well done Rafa! :yeah:

Lopez
01-18-2010, 10:06 AM
Rafa was pretty average. Taking over 1h and 15 minutes to win the first set from Peter Luczak... He should win these matches easier and quicker. People hold it against Fed that he spends less hours on the court than Rafa before the final but the truth is that Rafa has partly himself to blame on that.

ossie
01-18-2010, 10:07 AM
Have you really watched the match ?
no

madmax
01-18-2010, 10:10 AM
Nadull won't reach quarters here...bookmark it

Huntress555
01-18-2010, 10:10 AM
Peter:hug: Good fight in the first set, but I knew it'd be over quickly after he lost that.

Well done Rafa :D

ossie
01-18-2010, 10:13 AM

bookmarked

Sunset of Age
01-18-2010, 10:13 AM
A typical 'getting the job done'-performance from Rafa. A bit too passive once again at times (standing too far behind the baseline), but well, Luczak wasn't supposed to be any problem anyhow. Good to see Rafa's serve being very much okay.

Okay, on for the next practice job, Rafa. :)

malisha
01-18-2010, 10:16 AM
this match reminded me on his 1. round match with Marcos Daniel at RG last year

Speed of Light
01-18-2010, 10:27 AM
People HAVE to stop acting mean to Rafa... first of all, the chair umpire yelling at him when he requested for a challenge was totally uncalled for.And it was pretty embarrassing in the courtside interview when the dumb guy interviewing asked Rafito why he was going on moving back. It is completely wrong to take advantage of his lack of mastery on the english language and laugh at his innocence.. They should all learn to respect the guy for the champion he is.

paseo
01-18-2010, 10:30 AM
NID. Next.

vamosinator
01-18-2010, 10:31 AM
Pathetic stuff from Rafa

This is the best he's ever served and the best he's ever hit the backhand, in sets 2 and 3, surreal form :yeah:

teamflex
01-18-2010, 10:47 AM

Stop smoking crack wigger.

foul_dwimmerlaik
01-18-2010, 10:50 AM
People HAVE to stop acting mean to Rafa... first of all, the chair umpire yelling at him when he requested for a challenge was totally uncalled for.And it was pretty embarrassing in the courtside interview when the dumb guy interviewing asked Rafito why he was going on moving back. It is completely wrong to take advantage of his lack of mastery on the english language and laugh at his innocence.. They should all learn to respect the guy for the champion he is.
Save baby Rafa from this cruel world!:bigcry: Or are you trolling?

Anyway, Nadal's game went from "sucky" to "average" and back as the match progressed - way below the level he'd shown in Doha. Doesn't really matter aagainst mugs though.

habibko
01-18-2010, 10:52 AM
They will feel foolish when its discovered they've been sucking up to the wrong champion, when its all said and done and the real GOAT is revealed :o

the same way RAFA won USO 2009? sounds pretty inevitable to me...

habibko
01-18-2010, 10:58 AM

why are people so mean to my dear Rafa? how dare the umpire raise his voice on dear Rafa? totally uncalled for, how could they all laugh at his innocence? :bigcry: :crying2:

maybe you should stop being ah so mean to everyone else besides your dear Rafito for a start? :retard:

Andreev handing Fraud his behind...

SF- NADAL d. MUGGAY 6-1 6-3 6-0 SF- FEDMUG d. JERK MARTIAN PORK ROAST 6-3 6-7 6-4 6-7 6-1 F- NADAL humiliates FEDMUG 6-0 6-1 6-0. FEDMUG RETIRES AFTER EMOTIONAL OUTBURST AND PROCLAIMING NADAL THE TRUE GOAT...

Anderson,if you beat muggay,i will become your fan for life.... come on, do it for the sake of tennis...

Pathetic..... just pathetic..... This injury-prone fat-bottomed clown who doesn't know the meaning of diet,plays a couple of decent matches in his washed up career taking advantage of the opponents mental lapses and he gets a wagonfull of fanboys here,who scream GOAT every time he munches on a hamburger. Keep crying everytime he pulls of an injury excuse to satisfy his carnal hunger. The only thing fatso is ever going to win is an 'all you can eat' buffet.

oh God save us from those delusional fangirls.

madmax
01-18-2010, 11:08 AM
[QUOTE=habibko;9514634]why are people so mean to my dear Rafa? how dare the umpire raise his voice on dear Rafa? totally uncalled for, how could they all laugh at his innocence? :bigcry: :crying2:

:haha::haha: That poor Rafito can't catch a break with these heartless monsters - they are all out there to get him...

MariaV
01-18-2010, 11:15 AM
why are people so mean to my dear Rafa? how dare the umpire raise his voice on dear Rafa? totally uncalled for, how could they all laugh at his innocence? :bigcry: :crying2:

maybe you should stop being ah so mean to everyone else besides your dear Rafito for a start? :retard:

Only see one delusional fangirl though. :shrug:

Speed of Light
01-18-2010, 11:20 AM

I say it like i see it.

Castafiore
01-18-2010, 11:22 AM
:awww: Don't be so hard on yourself.

-Valhalla-
01-18-2010, 11:23 AM
Rafa started out a bit shaky, but he finished strong and that's what's important. This was a good sparring session for him and he'll have a huge edge vs. the Mayer-Lacko winner with the extra days rest.

Book Rafa into Rd. 3.

habibko
01-18-2010, 11:26 AM
Only see one delusional fangirl though. :shrug:

maybe you haven't checked a mirror for a long time :hug:

I say it like i see it.

others do that as well, when you keep talking shit about every other player who has the ability to beat your dear player, you have no right to ask others to stop being so mean to yours.

elessar
01-18-2010, 12:10 PM
He/she's a troll habib, probably a castler's double account, I seem to remember some talks about termites from her :awww:

habibko
01-18-2010, 12:16 PM
He/she's a troll habib, probably a castler's double account, I seem to remember some talks about termites from her :awww:

no she isn't, besides the only castler who could be as obnoxious is banned right now and his style of writing can't be mistaken........ ;)

jmf07
01-18-2010, 12:28 PM
Good effort by Looch. Nerves stopped him from winning the first set as has happened in his three losses this year. Rafa got the job done in the second and third sets but the first set was a different story. Rafa still looks good for the AO. It's the first round :lol:

I think the umpire was shocked that Nadal wanted to challenge it. It was out by a long long way. As for Jim Courier's interview I didn't see anything wrong with it. All he was doing was to try and have some fun and make it entertaining. 3/4 of the crowd there probably couldn't give two hoots about how Rafa felt he played. It was quite clear from his commentary that he has loads of respect for the guy.

Noleta
01-18-2010, 12:56 PM
Rafa should be okay,it's only his 1st match,no need to panic lol

vamosinator
01-18-2010, 02:29 PM
That is the best I've seen Nadal play since AO semis 09. He said he wasn't relaxed in the 1st set because he's always nervous in the 1st round and hit too short, but that he relaxed after that and played longer (aka deeper groundstrokes).

His serving and backhand was surreal quality in sets 2 and 3, and it prompted Jim Courier to say his backhand on the run is his biggest weapon, bigger than his forehand. Todd Woodbridge observed that his new strings are giving his backhand more power and penetration than it ever had and make a noticeable louder noise. This is something to note, because if his backhand is now as big as his forehand or bigger then that will lead to him becoming a more dominant player. His 11 aces and generally heavier serving is another improvement this year.

Comparing Nadal's form so far to Del Potro and Murray, I'd say Nadal would dispose of both, Murray 36% serving won't work against Nadal. Del Potro is far from in form, we'll see how that goes in round 2.

LEGENDOFTENNIS
01-18-2010, 03:03 PM
well played

vamosinator
01-18-2010, 03:16 PM
Nadal had 35 winner, 16 unforced errors, 11 aces, 1 double, 69% of 1st serves in, won 76% 1st serves, won 19 of 22 net approaches...

Foxy
01-18-2010, 03:40 PM
Nadal had 35 winner, 16 unforced errors, 11 aces, 1 double, 69% of 1st serves in, won 76% 1st serves, won 19 of 22 net approaches...

The stats are good enough. But his play was nowhere near Doha. For sure Luzcak played astonishingly well at times but I think Rafa should have played far better. Those silly mistakes always make my brain hurt.

DartMarcus
01-18-2010, 04:16 PM
Great 1st set from Peter.

Arkulari
01-18-2010, 04:21 PM
The stats are good enough. But his play was nowhere near Doha. For sure Luzcak played astonishingly well at times but I think Rafa should have played far better. Those silly mistakes always make my brain hurt.

I can't believe I'm gonna say this but I agree with you

Rafa was playing way better in Doha, Luczak hang in there for about a set (though he did choke when serving for it) and from then on it was match over

pray-for-palestine-and-israel
01-18-2010, 04:42 PM
Rafa;s BH looks very solid and really strong

his FH is strong as always

he is def faster aswell

i would guess that he is close to his peak performance so this tourney should be good

my money is on pony

but i'd love for Rog to win another

Everko
01-18-2010, 04:44 PM
Impressive fight. He has down in set 1 but fought like a banshee to dominate that tie-break.

Arkulari
01-18-2010, 04:48 PM
Impressive fight. He has down in set 1 but fought like a banshee to dominate that tie-break.

Errm no, Luczak choked when serving for the set and when it was TB time the guy was already mentally broken, Rafa won the TB 7-6(0), so there wasn't much of a fight needed when the opponent is already mentally done ;)

Corey Feldman
01-18-2010, 05:58 PM
first of 7 wins for the Champ

star
01-18-2010, 06:03 PM
first of 7 wins for the Champ

You're just trying to hide your disappointment. :hug: Let it out. And relax. Your Fed will win it all. (or Murray)

scarecrows
01-18-2010, 09:00 PM
this match reminded me on his 1. round match with Marcos Daniel at RG last year

Bellucci it was

born_on_clay
01-18-2010, 09:13 PM
Bellucci it was

Do you have problems with your memory ?

Last year Rafa def. Daniel
Two year ago Rafa def. Bellucci

Both first round matches

-Valhalla-
01-18-2010, 09:21 PM
Not sure why some people refer to Rafa as "Nadull". The guy's all heart, passion and cojones and is among the most ejoyable players to watch in this era or any. Calling him dull is like calling Fed a journeyman grinder.

:scratch:

scarecrows
01-18-2010, 09:22 PM
Do you have problems with your memory ?

i am sorry

madmax
01-18-2010, 09:26 PM
Not sure why some people refer to Rafa as "Nadull". The guy's all heart, passion and cojones and is among the most ejoyable players to watch in this era or any. Calling him dull is like calling Fed a journeyman grinder.

:scratch:

to each his own I presume...I find his style of play incredibly dull and nauseating

Topspin Forehand
01-18-2010, 10:23 PM
Vamos Rafa you beast. Time to take the Aussie Open and make Fed cry again. :)

moon language
01-24-2010, 03:16 PM

I bookmarked it. Now what?