AO Schedule Day 2 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

AO Schedule Day 2

el tenista
01-18-2010, 09:55 AM
Must be some good alcohol.
Chela-Hanescu on Court 6 but Haas on Court 7. Sense? And Dent-Fognini on Court 8 :rolleyes: Awesome.

http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/scores/schedule/schedule7.html

thedesertsun
01-18-2010, 09:59 AM
Berdych and Haas on a non-tv-court... Monaco-Gulbis is great, but Hanescu-Chela and Dent-Fognini take it to the top :lol:

Ferrero Forever
01-18-2010, 10:02 AM
My plan is to watch practices for the first hour or so until Pico's match starts, then watch a bit of tommy (which serves a double purpose because I can get a good seat for Ferrero's match which is straight after tommy's), and the whole of JC's match, and then perhaps Ferrer's depending on when JC's match finished. Very excited about tomorrow:)

briecie
01-18-2010, 10:02 AM
Looks like Kolya has gone up in status :devil:..in Court 2. In the last few years the
Aust Open is the worst offender ...always shoving him in small obsure courts.

Ad Wim
01-18-2010, 10:04 AM
There are no postponed matches from today on there, how long can they still play there?

Ferrero Forever
01-18-2010, 10:05 AM
Concerning the scheduling, they don't seem to put the best potential matchups on the bigger courts, but instead the higher profile player. Doesn't matter if a highly ranked player is playing someone nobody has ever heard of, they'll get a good court.

thedesertsun
01-18-2010, 10:07 AM
Doesn't matter if a highly ranked player is playing someone nobody has ever heard of, they'll get a good court.
Are you serious? Take a look at the first postings =)

I think a tv court is a good court.. and a non-tv court is a bad court.. very simple..!

Ferrero Forever
01-18-2010, 10:11 AM
Are you serious? Take a look at the first postings =)

I think a tv court is a good court.. and a non-tv court is a bad court.. very simple..!

yeah thats fair enough. I guess coz I go every year I don't think about televised courts. I was more referring to the large arenas compared to the outside courts. Never mind me

Sunset of Age
01-18-2010, 10:23 AM
Looks like Kolya has gone up in status :devil:..in Court 2. In the last few years the
Aust Open is the worst offender ...always shoving him in small obsure courts.

Better late than never! :yeah:

thedesertsun
01-18-2010, 12:19 PM
Everything ok now.. Haas on Showcourt Three!

Nevertheless they let Berdych play on Number Seven, while mugs like Dent-Fognini get a tv-court..

Anyway.. most important we can Hasi :D

gaitare
01-18-2010, 12:28 PM
Dent's dad is a former Australian player, Taylor may have a lot of support down under hence a televised court.

Bargearse
01-18-2010, 12:32 PM
My plan is to watch practices for the first hour or so until Pico's match starts, then watch a bit of tommy (which serves a double purpose because I can get a good seat for Ferrero's match which is straight after tommy's), and the whole of JC's match, and then perhaps Ferrer's depending on when JC's match finished. Very excited about tomorrow:)

Here's hoping the weather improves. It was wild out there today. Glad I had Laver tickets, although the tennis was a snorefest for the most part.

Steelq
01-18-2010, 01:05 PM
So which courts have a roof?Nice job of filling out Rod Laver with useless domestic wta players,while some of the bigger names in mans game will play on a parking lot.

Sunset of Age
01-18-2010, 01:07 PM
So which courts have a roof?Nice job of filling out Rod Laver with useless domestic wta players,while some of the bigger names in mans game will play on a parking lot.

Rod Laver and HiSense both have a roof as far as I know.

Noleta
01-18-2010, 01:42 PM
A very packed schedule at the HiSens arena:tape:

thedesertsun
01-18-2010, 01:49 PM
Dent's dad is a former Australian player, Taylor may have a lot of support down under hence a televised court.
Come on, man ^^

That's right, but Tommy Haas is a three-time semifinalist here.. and the initial schedule saw Dent instead of Haas playing on a televised court :rolleyes:

But now it is okay.. no need to be annoyed anymore...

mickymouse
01-18-2010, 03:43 PM
Concerning the scheduling, they don't seem to put the best potential matchups on the bigger courts, but instead the higher profile player. Doesn't matter if a highly ranked player is playing someone nobody has ever heard of, they'll get a good court.

This is the most frustrating part. Over here, they play all the RL matches, even when it's obvious what the outcome is. Only when the RL matches end earlier than scheduled do they show matches on other courts. They really have no fricking idea what real tennis fans want to watch. :mad:

Nidhogg
01-18-2010, 04:25 PM
Robin won't like the breeze on his open court tomorrow. I won't be surprised by a loss, but he's welcome to surprise me.