The eternally controversial "rating women out of 10" scale [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

The eternally controversial "rating women out of 10" scale

Johnny Groove
01-16-2010, 04:18 PM
I'm probably asking for trouble with this thread, but who cares.

In my slightly over 20 years on this planet, I have come to the realization that the easiest way for men to talk about women is to give them ratings out of 10. Any guy that disagrees is lying through his keyboard or just trying to not seem sexist. Or maybe both.

Unsurprisingly, the opposite sex can't stand this fact. Whether it be because women always think they are worth more than what guys give them or because jealousy and competition among women can get ridiculously vicious especially concerning this subject. Either way, women DO NOT like the /10 rating system.

I am extending an olive branch to the women of the world. Instead of getting mad at such an accurate rating system, why not adopt it yourself?

I have devised the ultimate formula.

Looks/10 + Personailty/10 divided by 2.

This way, looks and personality have the same weight. Looks of course mean how a particular guy sees a particular girl. Since everyone has different tastes, a girl that one guy rates as a 9 may be seen as merely a 7 by another and so on.

The personality side is a bit more complex, though, seeing as it takes into account everything about a girl save for her looks. Her swagger, interests, hobbies, music she likes, views on life, or whatever a guy deems to be a part of a girl's personality goes into the equation.

Try it, fellas. You will be surprised how accurate this measurement is. I also believe ladies should use this formula when rating men. As long as no one takes offense or gets jealous (fat chance) I think that all people should use this formula :shrug:

Ladies, would your formula for men have more than just two inputs?

Goldenoldie
01-17-2010, 07:18 AM
To add some fuel to the flames, I have a different rating system at my age, which does not consider looks or personality, but reaction when asked for a date.

1. **** off, you ugly ****

2. when hell freezes over

3. I've got other plans

4. No, but thank you for asking

5. Maybe

6. Ok, but you'll have to pay

7. Yes

8. Yes, please!

9. Of course, I've been wanting you for ages

10. Ah, aahh, aaahhh, AAAAAAHHHHHHH.

:devil::angel:

superslam77
01-17-2010, 09:43 AM
To add some fuel to the flames, I have a different rating system at my age, which does not consider looks or personality, but reaction when asked for a date.

3. I've got other plans

5. Maybe

7. Yes

8. Yes, please!

:haha:

Action Jackson
01-17-2010, 09:47 AM
You know a woman is worth it if the man is going the growl and she farts, yet he still doesn't miss a beat.

superslam77
01-17-2010, 09:47 AM
Dude you shouldn't feel bad for such little thing as rating a woman's look. What you think they don't do the same in their mind with practically everyone?

sammy01
01-17-2010, 09:59 AM
well i wouldn't worry, most women/gay guys rate men on how good they are at sex, it is 1 to 10 and kind of matches cock size like;

1 inch - why bother, i could get my fun from a cotton bud.

4 inches - he made look like a stud but it wont make up for being fucked by something comparable with a raddish.

6 inches - average, it will do but we all want better

8 inches - heck yeah, lube me up and let me ride

10 inches - i wont sit down for a week but heck it is worth it.

superslam77
01-17-2010, 10:08 AM
well i wouldn't worry, most women/gay guys rate men on how good they are at sex, it is 1 to 10 and kind of matches cock size like;

1 inch - why bother, i could get my fun from a cotton bud.

4 inches - he made look like a stud but it wont make up for being fucked by something comparable with a raddish.

6 inches - average, it will do but we all want better

8 inches - heck yeah, lube me up and let me ride

10 inches - i wont sit down for a week but heck it is worth it.

:haha:

pretty safe to assume this is for the gays :nerner:

women would be like how popular you are, money and then height :wavey:

Johnny Groove
01-17-2010, 05:24 PM
women would be like how popular you are, money and then height :wavey:

I'd like to think women aren't THAT superficial :lol:

superslam77
01-17-2010, 05:28 PM
I'd like to think women aren't THAT superficial :lol:

you are too young then :spit:

Did i forgot to mention they love gay looking ripped abs :p

Johnny Groove
01-17-2010, 05:33 PM
you are too young then :spit:

Did i forgot to mention they love gay looking ripped abs :p

Of course women loved ripped abs. That falls under looks, last I checked. As does height.

As for money and popularity, not sure how much weight women put into those categories.

I'd love to see a woman post a similar (serious, not just taking the piss) formula for judging men in here.

I don't expect to though. Probably because most women have no clue what they want and once they get something they think they want, they immediately don't want it anymore and want something even more difficult to obtain :lol: :rolleyes:

superslam77
01-17-2010, 06:15 PM
Of course women loved ripped abs. That falls under looks, last I checked. As does height.

As for money and popularity, not sure how much weight women put into those categories.

I'd love to see a woman post a similar (serious, not just taking the piss) formula for judging men in here.

I don't expect to though. Probably because most women have no clue what they want and once they get something they think they want, they immediately don't want it anymore and want something even more difficult to obtain :lol: :rolleyes:

well another thing is few women are concerned about your face. the big majority prefers fame and fortune over good looks WHICH MAKES IT WORSE :hatoff:

to be fair there's also a small minority of girls who are the contrary of this...however they still want your soul in another way...wants to get married with you at all costs :rolleyes:

out_here_grindin
01-17-2010, 06:26 PM
One thing that this system always confuses me with is the actual ratings. I have heard people say all the time "She's average about a 7". Shouldn't average be a 5? If mediocre or poor women are rated as 6and lower than the whole system is skewed.

MatchFederer
01-17-2010, 06:32 PM
One thing that this system always confuses me with is the actual ratings. I have heard people say all the time "She's average about a 7". Shouldn't average be a 5? If mediocre or poor women are rated as 6and lower than the whole system is skewed.

well perhaps the average woman on the planet looks like about a 7. Perhaps the average will go down or up in the future depending on the quality of genes passed down from gen. to gen. :devil:

out_here_grindin
01-17-2010, 06:36 PM
well perhaps the average woman on the planet looks like about a 7. Perhaps the average will go down or up in the future depending on the quality of genes passed down from gen. to gen. :devil:

aha, Eugenics

cobalt60
01-17-2010, 08:10 PM

3. I've got other plans

5. Maybe

7. Yes

8. Yes, please!

:lol: Who could get mad at this? ;)

Johnny Groove
01-18-2010, 02:24 AM
well another thing is few women are concerned about your face. the big majority prefers fame and fortune over good looks WHICH MAKES IT WORSE :hatoff:

to be fair there's also a small minority of girls who are the contrary of this...however they still want your soul in another way...wants to get married with you at all costs :rolleyes:

This is true, good spot.

I don't think the system is skewed, per se, its that "7" usually means "average attractive" with 8 being "pretty damn hot" and 9-10 being "fucking beautiful" :lol:

At least, this is what I've seen in my experience :shrug:

I think the reason that 5 is not considered average probably has something to do with how grades work in high school and college. If you get a 5/10 on a test, you failed. If you get a 7/10, its a C, an average grade. And I think it translates :shrug:

Henry Chinaski
01-18-2010, 06:26 AM
Rating girls out of ten is honestly something me and my friends never do.

I don't really care if I sound sexist on an internet forum either.

JolánGagó
01-18-2010, 06:27 AM
It's a teen thing.

Johnny Groove
01-18-2010, 04:19 PM
It's a teen thing.

Doubt it.

American thing perhaps.

Sophocles
01-18-2010, 04:41 PM
Once you get to your late twenties, the ratings are simplified into a binary system. Yes, or No.

Har-Tru
01-18-2010, 05:12 PM
Once you get to your late twenties, the ratings are simplified into a binary system. Yes, or No.

:lol:

I concur this is a rather childish thing to do at least in my environment, but I'll admit I've done it sometimes especially when I was younger and hornier. However, any time I've seen this it's always been about looks only.

It's something like

1-3- eeew.
4- nopes.
5- I'd have to be pretty plastered.
6- In times of need, it would do.
7- Not bad.
8- Cute.
9- Hot.
10- oh hai!

Denaon
01-18-2010, 06:07 PM

How about: Dead, or alive?
I'm not certain when that starts though :p

Certinfy
01-18-2010, 08:49 PM

3. I've got other plans

5. Maybe

7. Yes

8. Yes, please!

:devil::angel::haha: :haha: :haha:

Sophocles
01-18-2010, 09:19 PM

3. I've got other plans

5. Maybe

7. Yes

8. Yes, please!

Yep, posting of the thread without doubt.

Ivanatis
01-18-2010, 09:22 PM
saying "she's a ten" is pretty common here, but real rating not really

cobalt60
01-18-2010, 09:41 PM
How about: Dead, or alive?
I'm not certain when that starts though :p

Sigh at age 50;)

Denaon
01-19-2010, 06:26 PM
Sigh at age 50;)

:rolls:

Jōris
01-22-2010, 09:09 PM
Rating girls out of ten is honestly something me and my friends never do.

I don't really care if I sound sexist on an internet forum either.

This.

leng jai
01-22-2010, 10:18 PM
I use a 1-10 scale...the scale of what are the chances she will go out with me out of 10.

Orka_n
01-22-2010, 10:36 PM
I don't rate looks on a 1-10 scale. I only need the girl to possess what I call a "cuteness-factor"... that is, the potential to look attractive to me. Can't explain it any better. Regarding the personality, however, I have a pretty high standard.

Collective
01-25-2010, 07:14 PM

And by the way, I would venture to say that most women find the face more important than the body on a man.. :shrug: I would be much more likely to go for a guy with a super cute face but just OK body than an ugly face with 6 pack abs.. Just my opinion of course! :wavey:

Despite that Radek's success is contradicting evidence, I agree with you.

NinaNina19
01-28-2010, 01:35 AM

I don't expect to though. Probably because most women have no clue what they want and once they get something they think they want, they immediately don't want it anymore and want something even more difficult to obtain :lol: :rolleyes:Uh not me. I mean a little definition is nice but I hate abs that are overly ripped. I'd rather a guy have no definition at all than super ripped abs.

NinaNina19
01-28-2010, 01:36 AM
OK.. Kind of a hilarious thread but..

Most women would never admit it money is a factor when it comes to settling down with someone. You can't live on love! :lol: Also, being stable and dependable matter in the long run. Looks don't last forever and neither does that "fairy tale" romance. After the dust settles and you have 2.5 kids, a dog and a mortgage other things become more important. Thus the money attraction. ;)

And by the way, I would venture to say that most women find the face more important than the body on a man.. :shrug: I would be much more likely to go for a guy with a super cute face but just OK body than an ugly face with 6 pack abs.. Just my opinion of course! :wavey:I agree, the face is the most attractive aspect for me physically as well. I like boyish faces.

NinaNina19
01-28-2010, 01:38 AM

That's not true at all. I could never marry a rich, ugly guy. Personality is as important as looks but money really isn't that important. I never even think about it when evaluating men.

out_here_grindin
01-28-2010, 02:12 AM
(shifting the talk back to women)
For me if the face is not decent than I don't even care about the rest. If they have a nice face then they get seperated into different levels based on body.

Johnny Groove
01-28-2010, 03:23 AM
Uh not me. I mean a little definition is nice but I hate abs that are overly ripped. I'd rather a guy have no definition at all than super ripped abs.

Yeah, right.

And Nadal has the healthiest knees on tour.

(shifting the talk back to women)
For me if the face is not decent than I don't even care about the rest. If they have a nice face then they get seperated into different levels based on body.

I agree with this 100.

Chloe le Bopper
02-11-2010, 01:44 PM
Thank goodness for people like the OP. Without them, I'd have no idea what I, a women, am supposed to think about things. Now if you'd excuse me, I'm going to go sit in the corner and be offended about this rating system thing that us ladies hate.

Jokes aside, OP, are you above the age of 16 years old? If not, this thread is totally acceptable. Carry on.

Johnny Groove
02-11-2010, 07:21 PM
Thank goodness for people like the OP. Without them, I'd have no idea what I, a women, am supposed to think about things. Now if you'd excuse me, I'm going to go sit in the corner and be offended about this rating system thing that us ladies hate.

I never said that, but if you feel the need to insult your own intelligence, go ahead, even if you are being 1000% sarcastic :p

Jokes aside, OP, are you above the age of 16 years old? If not, this thread is totally acceptable. Carry on.

I'm 20.

It appears as if you disagree with this system, Miss Le Bopper. Why is it that you are so opposed to it? Do you not agree with the fact that men have a tendency to do this? Do you think its disgusting that men would base a woman's attractiveness out of a factor of 10 as if women are something to be judged like some Olympic contest? Or do you just not like me personally? ;)

I opened this thread not to be a dick to women at all, but to open up the discussion about this subject. In fact, I expected a woman on this board to respond much in the same way you did, but much earlier in the thread. I'm surprised it took this long.

Snoo Foo
02-11-2010, 07:55 PM
I'm surprised it took this long.

um, just a guess here, but maybe cuz it's not even remotely "controversial" in any way shape or form and women don't hate it or even really give a shit about it :shrug:

Johnny Groove
02-11-2010, 10:50 PM
um, just a guess here, but maybe cuz it's not even remotely "controversial" in any way shape or form and women don't hate it or even really give a shit about it :shrug:

Perhaps.

ExcaliburII
02-11-2010, 10:55 PM
I rate everything out of ten, not only women. Even I rate myself in every department.

Of course we all rate women out of 10, and there is nothing bad about it.

Nikki♥
02-12-2010, 06:08 AM
I have to agree that there is nothing wrong with rating women out of 10. I would just like to point out that I find the system a bit outdated. Unlike the men, who have used the same rating system since prehistoric times (I remember reading in a history book not to long ago that Ceasar rated Cleopatra "only" 8 out of 10 - due to her big nose), us women have come up with better, more accurate systems over the years. When I have more time I will explain my own personal scale to the guys who are interested in broadening their horizons. :p

Ivanatis
02-12-2010, 06:58 AM
Of course we all rate women out of 10

No, we don't.

Ilovetheblues_86
02-12-2010, 07:11 AM
I have to agree that there is nothing wrong with rating women out of 10. I would just like to point out that I find the system a bit outdated. Unlike the men, who have used the same rating system since prehistoric times (I remember reading in a history book not to long ago that Ceasar rated Cleopatra "only" 8 out of 10 - due to her big nose), us women have come up with better, more accurate systems over the years. When I have more time I will explain my own personal scale to the guys who are interested in broadening their horizons. :p

Explain your fixation with Youzhny then.

Nikki♥
02-12-2010, 09:51 AM
Explain your fixation with Youzhny then.

What I feel for him comes deep from the heart. There is no way to explain it using an "out of 10 scale" or my very own system.

Actually I tend to place guys in 5 categories based on their personality, looks and so on. Once someone has been placed in the lowest category, he can be sure that wouldn't even touch him with a barge pole. This category is called the "Neanderthal man" category by the way. The ones in the second lowest category might get a chance when I'm drunk and so in love with everyone. :spit: And the ones in the other 3 categories have nothing to worry about. :p

ExcaliburII
02-12-2010, 12:39 PM
so roughly you would do 80% of men :spit:

Nikki♥
02-12-2010, 12:42 PM
so roughly you would do 80% of men :spit:

:ras:
I don't have to do everyone I find hot.

Sophocles
02-12-2010, 01:50 PM
:ras:
I don't have to do everyone I find hot.

Nobody said you *had* to.

Nikki♥
02-12-2010, 01:58 PM
Nobody said you *had* to.

The poster above me (in my previous post) had that in mind. He doesn't know yet in which category he is though.

ExcaliburII
02-12-2010, 02:02 PM
The poster above me (in my previous post) had that in mind. He doesn't know yet in which category he is though.

I know you will say 5 :shrug: I dont even need to ask it, you are always so mean with me. :awww: :rolleyes:

Nikki♥
02-12-2010, 02:04 PM
I know you will say 5 :shrug: I dont even need to ask it, you are always so mean with me. :awww: :rolleyes:

Category 5 is the "God" category...do you think it is the one for you?
:rolleyes:

Oh wait, you meant category 1? Nah, it's not for you.

ExcaliburII
02-12-2010, 02:06 PM
yes, I confused. I meant category 1. What category am I in then? :scratch:

Nikki♥
02-12-2010, 02:11 PM
yes, I confused. I meant category 1. What category am I in then? :scratch:

Category #2 which is called the "cuteness" category. In this category you can find the guys who have the sex appeal of a hamster (or a poodle in your case).

Ilovetheblues_86
02-12-2010, 02:19 PM
Hamsters are good but guinea pigs are cuter.

Sophocles
02-12-2010, 02:26 PM

He said "would", no?

Nikki♥
02-12-2010, 02:34 PM
Hamsters are good but guinea pigs are cuter.

Same sex appeal for me. :shrug:

He said "would", no?

It is not about what he said, it is about what he thought.

Sophocles
02-12-2010, 02:41 PM
It is not about what he said, it is about what he thought.

Ah, I discounted female intuition.

Nikki♥
02-12-2010, 02:44 PM
Ah, I discounted female intuition.

:p That's something you should never underestimate.
Actually it is my double account.

ExcaliburII
02-12-2010, 02:48 PM
I go with Sophocles in this one, I didnt think more than what I wrote in the post :shrug:

Sophocles
02-12-2010, 02:49 PM
:p That's something you should never underestimate.

That's something I know from bitter experience.

Nikki♥
02-12-2010, 02:50 PM
I go with Sophocles in this one, I didnt think more than what I wrote in the post :shrug:

You were just dying to know how high I rate you, poodle.

That's something I know from bitter experience.

:awww:

ExcaliburII
02-12-2010, 02:52 PM
No way, you never say the truth. I dont care really:shrug:

Nikki♥
02-12-2010, 02:53 PM
No way, you never say the truth. I dont care really:shrug:

I'm always honest with my baby brother.

Everko
02-12-2010, 03:05 PM
must be a nonsense American thing

Johnny Groove
02-12-2010, 03:48 PM

Do tell.

must be a nonsense American thing

Coming from the King of Nonsense, I'll take it as a compliment.

Nole fan
09-29-2011, 10:40 PM
How come I didn't find this thread sooner? :haha:

My question is... how can you rate someone 1-10 when there are so may grey areas in between?
I mean an ugly guy can turn into a very attractive guy in question of days... so what number should I give him? personality/bond changes the way you feel about others. But if we speak of first impressions, then yes. We don't use numbers but more a yes/no/perhaps/notsure/whatever system.

yes -i would definitely do him
no - i wouldn't do him even if my life depended on it
perhaps -he's cute and nice and funny, maybe i should know him better before taking a decision
not sure -he's nice, somehow attractive but there is something about him that doesn't appeal to me, he doesn't ignite a spark
whatever -i like his personality, he's a nice and sweet guy, but I'm not attracted to him one bit. I could do him maybe once, probably when I'm drunk

Now factors I take into account when classifying a guy... from most important to less.

1. do i feel an instant spark or bond with him?
2. is there something i can admire about him? does he excel at something? could he make me proud?
3. is he inteligent/interesting personality?
4. is he attractive/sexy to me?
5. does he love animals?
6. does he want the same things as me?
7. is he funny?
8. does he have a job/future prospects?
9. is he naughty/unpredictable/mysterious?
10. will my girlfriends like him?
11. will my parents like him?

@Sweet Cleopatra
09-29-2011, 11:41 PM
I only rate two things, if he is generous or not. Being stingy is noooooooooo. It's really so bad. And it's not only about money, if you are generous in one aspect, you are going to be generous in all aspects.

The second thing, I like people who are easy going, funny and have big hearts, harsh attitude with me or with anyone else annoys me a lot, and scares me.

Looks are totally irrelevant, I find myself attracted to men who don't look good if you only look at their photos. But since I am short, I like tall men lol

Overall, personality and generosity are more important than looks for me.

I don't see why men rating women would be a bad thing, there are 3 billion men, sure one of them are going to rate me 10 lol. Besides, if you like someone and you want him to be attracted to you, there are many ways, it's even more challenge when he is not attracted to you from the first look, there are many ways to get him involved, try cooking a meal in your home then give it to him cause you noticed he eats unhealthy junk food all the time, act like you are going to die from a severe headache and you need pills, cry for any reason and tell him you are lonely need someone who would open his heart, really there are many ways to reach boys hearts.

Pirata.
09-30-2011, 11:56 AM
^ Agreed

I think many men are inclined to judge those they are attractive to in a physical way, while women look at it from a more emotional, psychological standpoint. Of course not all men and women work this way, but its more the exception to the norm.

GOAT = Fed
09-30-2011, 04:46 PM
Degrading women to merely the status of giving them ratings out of 10 is extremely sexist and should not be a practice that men should take pleasure in partaking. The overall picture should be taken into account, such as; personality, hobbies, humour and looks.

Thank You.

Sophocles
09-30-2011, 05:01 PM
2. is there something i can admire about him? does he excel at something? could he make me proud?
5. does he love animals?
7. is he funny?

Surely No. 5 is a bit random. Can you elaborate?

Nole fan
09-30-2011, 07:27 PM

No. It's as simple as that. :lol:
I live with many dogs and can't see my life without them. I'm also going to travel around the world in two months visiting South Africa and Australia where I'm going to volunteer raising lion cubs and orangutans. So, yes, animals are a very important part of my life and if a guy is not into them, i don't see the point about seeing him any longer. :shrug:

Bilbo
09-30-2011, 07:48 PM
Now factors I take into account when classifying a guy... from most important to less.

5. does he love animals?
7. is he funny?

Now imagine a guy only has 5 minutes to show you these factors, for instance if he approached you on the street where people usually not have much time. How would you like to be approached and how should the conversation look like?

Bilbo
09-30-2011, 07:50 PM
Overall, personality and generosity are more important than looks for me.

bingo

I think many men are inclined to judge those they are attractive to in a physical way, while women look at it from a more emotional, psychological standpoint. Of course not all men and women work this way, but its more the exception to the norm.

bingo

Nole fan
09-30-2011, 08:06 PM
Now imagine a guy only has 5 minutes to show you these factors, for instance if he approached you on the street where people usually not have much time. How would you like to be approached and how should the conversation look like?

Of course my method only works in the long run after you have dated a few times (and if you consider the guy relationship material). I think the main difference between men and women is that while women assess men in two categories, potential boyfriend or one night stand, guys almost always think about the latter. But girls are always thinking ahead, we can't help it. It's a bit scary for men that.
If I meet a guy in 5 minutes I already know if I like him or not (ie. if I'm sexually attracted to him). And if I'm not immediately attracted to him, then I can get to know him a little bit and depending on his attitude, conversation, he may engage me or scare me off.

Like right now I'm dating two guys. One is my age, very handsome, nice and sweet... but i don't find him very interesting, he bores me a little bit. The other one is 47, which is quite older for me, he's a film director so conversation is more engaging (i also work in the arts) and he's more complicated, though I don't feel sexually attracted to him, but I love his company because he's funny and interesting. So who am I going to choose between the two? the first I'm very attracted to sexually but his conversation bores me, the second is the opposite. Which I prefer? undoubtedly the second. Because I know that with a little time I may start to feel more attracted to him even though I'm not initially into him, while it's very possible that I won't find the first guy more interesting that I find him now. :shrug:

People that think women are not interested in physical attraction are wrong. Physical or sexual attraction is very important, otherwise you wouldn't feel it in bed. But to be sexually attracted doesn't implicate the guy has to be good-looking. He only needs to spark something in you, whether it's intellectual or mental or whatever.

Bilbo
09-30-2011, 08:23 PM
Of course my method only works in the long run after you have dated a few times (and if you consider the guy relationship material). I think the main difference between men and women is that while women assess men in two categories, potential boyfriend or one night stand, guys almost always think about the latter. But girls are always thinking ahead, we can't help it. It's a bit scary for men that.
If I meet a guy in 5 minutes I already know if I like him or not (ie. if I'm sexually attracted to him). And if I'm not immediately attracted to him, then I can get to know him a little bit and depending on his attitude, conversation, he may engage me or scare me off.

Even faster than that from what I know and experienced. All the girls I asked told me about 30 seconds.

Like right now I'm dating two guys. One is my age, very handsome, nice and sweet... but i don't find him very interesting, he bores me a little bit. The other one is 47, which is quite older for me, he's a film director so conversation is more engaging (i also work in the arts) and he's more complicated, though I don't feel sexually attracted to him, but I love his company because he's funny and interesting. So who am I going to choose between the two? the first I'm very attracted to sexually but his conversation bores me, the second is the opposite. Which I prefer? undoubtedly the second. Because I know that with a little time I may start to feel more attracted to him even though I'm not initially into him, while it's very possible that I won't find the first guy more interesting that I find him now. :shrug:

bingo

and that is because women rate personality first. he might score you later with his passive attraction. that's how we call it in technical literature.

you also have a commonality with the older guy, which is arts. that's also an important point.

People that think women are not interested in physical attraction are wrong. Physical or sexual attraction is very important, otherwise you wouldn't feel it in bed. But to be sexually attracted doesn't implicate the guy has to be good-looking. He only needs to spark something in you, whether it's intellectual or mental or whatever.

I can tell you what a guy needs to spark in a woman: EMOTIONS

for instance you can tell a story in a boring way with lots of facts included or in an emotional way so that the woman can make herself a picture in her head. other techniques are teasing, bantering, humor, etc.

if a guy sparks these emotions in a woman, she feels attracted to the guy, doesn't matter how he looks like. she can't fight it.

Nole fan
09-30-2011, 08:36 PM
Even faster than that from what I know and experienced. All the girls I asked told me about 30 seconds.

bingo

and that is because women rate personality first. he might score you later with his passive attraction. that's how we call it in technical literature.

you also have a commonality with the older guy, which is arts. that's also an important point.

I can tell you what a guy needs to spark in a woman: EMOTIONS

for instance you can tell a story in a boring way with lots of facts included or in an emotional way so that the woman can make herself a picture in her head. other techniques are teasing, bantering, humor, etc.

if a guy sparks these emotions in a woman, she feels attracted to the guy, doesn't matter how he looks like. she can't fight it.

Bilbo, you seem to know a lot about women. :p
A personal question for you... Have you read Louann Brizendine's book "The female brain"? I think it's an essential reading for any man and woman that want to understand better how the female brain works. It told me more things about me than I ever suspected a book could. It was an eye-opening experience, i recommend it. :)

Basically it uses scientific evidence to explain how women's hormones completely determine what we come to feel, think, want and need at any time. It's astonishing, there is no such thing as free will! We're all programmed from two million years of evolution.

Bilbo
09-30-2011, 09:14 PM
Bilbo, you seem to know a lot about women. :p

Thanks for the compliment :)

A personal question for you... Have you read Louann Brizendine's book "The female brain"? I think it's an essential reading for any man and woman that want to understand better how the female brain works. It told me more things about me than I ever suspected a book could. It was an eye-opening experience, i recommend it. :)

Yes, I read this book. It's a very good and inspiring book.

I also recommend to read: "David Deida - The Way Of The Superior Man", "Robert Glover - No More Mr Nice Guy" and "Ian Coburn - God is a Woman"

However, I've specialized most in how to read a woman's body language as I'm most interested in this topic. It makes about 60% of the conversation. I would say I can pretty much feel certain if a woman is into me or not. Right off the bat just from observing subtle signals which seem to be invisible for most men. We call it initial attraction in technical literature but often you get these signals after a few minutes of conversation. You can also observe how they get lost when the conversation starts to get boring or awkward. That's why it is best to get her number when she's on emotional high. Then you have a time bridge until the date where you can continue to show your interesting side of your personality. So, talking too much before getting her number usually kills the attraction and then you might hear the famous words of "let's just be friends".

I read like 30 books this year alone about this topic and I still have something like 10 I want to read but don't have the time to. And as you might know, practice is more important than theory ;)

Basically it uses scientific evidence to explain how women's hormones completely determine what we come to feel, think, want and need at any time. It's astonishing, there is no such thing as free will! We're all programmed from two million years of evolution.

Yes, it is true about the evolution. For me women are the more complex gender and I'm fascinated about it.

Nole fan
09-30-2011, 09:38 PM
Thanks for the compliment :)

Yes, I read this book. It's a very good and inspiring book.

I also recommend to read: "David Deida - The Way Of The Superior Man", "Robert Glover - No More Mr Nice Guy" and "Ian Coburn - God is a Woman"

However, I've specialized most in how to read a woman's body language as I'm most interested in this topic. It makes about 60% of the conversation. I would say I can pretty much feel certain if a woman is into me or not. Right off the bat just from observing subtle signals which seem to be invisible for most men. We call it initial attraction in technical literature but often you get these signals after a few minutes of conversation. You can also observe how they get lost when the conversation starts to get boring or awkward. That's why it is best to get her number when she's on emotional high. Then you have a time bridge until the date where you can continue to show your interesting side of your personality. So, talking too much before getting her number usually kills the attraction and then you might hear the famous words of "let's just be friends".

I read like 30 books this year alone about this topic and I still have something like 10 I want to read but don't have the time to. And as you might know, practice is more important than theory ;)

Yes, it is true about the evolution. For me women are the more complex gender and I'm fascinated about it.

Well I'm more fascinated to understand men. :lol:
The book says that unconsciously men look for fertile women and are attracted to those who look more fertile -younger, healthy, round forms, etc. But in my experience there is no fastest way to kill an ongoing relationship than an innocent comment about 'wanting to have kids'. There is no fastest way to scare a man away. So now when i date I alwas pretend like I don't care about kids, family and all that growing up serious stuff and that I only want to have fun. It seems to work. It's sad having to cover up your emotions in that way. Why are men so damn scared? :shrug:

And of course reading signals and body language is what women excel at. :)

Bilbo
09-30-2011, 10:00 PM
The book says that unconsciously men look for fertile women and are attracted to those who look more fertile -younger, healthy, round forms, etc.

To be more specific: a hips-to-waist ratio of about 70%, age of 18-25, small nose, small ears, round face, high cheekbones, cute smile

...or in other words: a childish face with a body of a woman

Why? It is because men can feel to be a protector when they look into a young and childish face.

I also feel attracted to these kind of women. In the past I couldn't really figure out why and didn't realize the similarities between the women until I paid more attention to it. For instance, I seem to never get attracted to women who doesn't have a round face or a small nose.

But in my experience there is no fastest way to kill an ongoing relationship than an innocent comment about 'wanting to have kids'. There is no fastest way to scare a man away. So now when i date I alwas pretend like I don't care about kids, family and all that growing up serious stuff and that I only want to have fun. It seems to work. It's sad having to cover up your emotions in that way. Why are men so damn scared? :shrug:

It is true, good eye :)

I think it is because men go more after one night stands. That's how our brain is working. We see a hot chick and think about having sex with her.

For me it has become a bit different lately. When I see a beautiful woman I think about girlfriend material (you know already men go first after looks ;) ). But this is only my first impression and I need to find out more about her personality. I make this clear to her right from the beginning to show that I'm not like most men and go after looks only. After all I'm very picky (which makes life not easier!).

And of course reading signals and body language is what women excel at. :)

That's why it is so important for men to have a good body language and also become good at reading it.

Nole fan
09-30-2011, 10:06 PM
To be more specific: a hips-to-waist ratio of about 70%, age of 18-25, small nose, small ears, round face, high cheekbones, cute smile

...or in other words: a childish face with a body of a woman

Why? It is because men can feel to be a protector when they look into a young and childish face.

I also feel attracted to these kind of women. In the past I couldn't really figure out why and didn't realize the similarities between the women until I paid more attention to it. For instance, I seem to never get attracted to women who doesn't have a round face or a small nose.

It is true, good eye :)

I think it is because men go more after one night stands. That's how our brain is working. We see a hot chick and think about having sex with her.

For me it has become a bit different lately. When I see a beautiful woman I think about girlfriend material (you know already men go first after looks ;) ). But this is only my first impression and I need to find out more about her personality. I make this clear to her right from the beginning to show that I'm not like most men and go after looks only. After all I'm very picky (which makes life not easier!).

That's why it is so important for men to have a good body language and also become good at reading it.

Another thing I've realized is that I don't get attracted to guys that feel or act nervous around me. Or that show that they're too much into me. I don't know why, but it kills the attraction, it's almost like you see them weak. So i guess another quality in men that is often overlooked is self-confidence. A self-confident man can get almost anything he wants.
Also, I like men that know what they want in bed. There is nothing more off-putting than a guy asking you what he needs to do.

Bilbo
09-30-2011, 10:28 PM
Another thing I've realized is that I don't get attracted to guys that feel or act nervous around me.

It is well known in literature and I observed it too. I can still be nervous. It depends on the day and the girl but you have to know that most men feel like this. Usually it is gone after a few minutes but then it can be too late. I've already talked a lot about anxiety here. For us men it is not so easy to approach a woman than most of you women might think. It is an evolutionary problem. However, there's one way for a man to be still attractive even though he is nervous. Just by admitting you are nervous. You can even say it during a date. Showing vulnerability is a strength and most men don't do it. They are afraid to show vulnerability around women. It is better to admit it then for a woman to think "what the fuck is wrong with this guy?". She will notice it anyway. Now we are back to body language ;)

How would you think and especially feel about a man who admits that he's nervous but still had the balls to come over and talk to you? IMO it's all about having the balls and do it.

Or that show that they're too much into me. I don't know why, but it kills the attraction, it's almost like you see them weak.

You know why? What it's easy to get gets boring pretty fast. Women love challenges and men who are picky and not easy to get.

Men who put a woman on a pedestal have the nice guy syndrome (see the book "Robert Glover - No More Mr Nice Guy").

In clubs you can observe how a lot of men linger around a group of women for a very long time before they decide to make the move. It has killed the attraction before they even open their mouth.

So i guess another quality in men that is often overlooked is self-confidence. A self-confident man can get almost anything he wants. Also, I like men that know what they want in bed. There is nothing more off-putting than a guy asking you what he needs to do.

I don't know if it is overlooked but in literature it is well known and discussed that high status and self-confidence are the two biggest attraction switches in a woman.

You seem to know a lot about women :p

Johnny Groove
10-01-2011, 12:48 AM
This Bilbo is good.

I taught him well.

Sunset of Age
10-02-2011, 02:59 AM
Bilbo :silly:

I guess you 'hate' this gorgeous lady as welll, don't you, honey? :p
http://www.google.nl/url?source=imglanding&ct=img&q=http://www.bbc.co.uk/radioassets/photos/2007/9/18/28734_2.jpg&sa=X&ei=ENOHTozwFoTrOdKvidUB&ved=0CAkQ8wc4NA&usg=AFQjCNF3l3ge27P9NVLvDzSiF7MG5qEm4g :D

Pirata.
10-02-2011, 07:15 AM
Bilbo, are you single? :lol:

Clashcityrocker
10-02-2011, 07:35 AM

Random ??? fucking important one i would say !

Bilbo :silly:

I guess you 'hate' this gorgeous lady as welll, don't you, honey? :p
http://www.google.nl/url?source=imglanding&ct=img&q=http://www.bbc.co.uk/radioassets/photos/2007/9/18/28734_2.jpg&sa=X&ei=ENOHTozwFoTrOdKvidUB&ved=0CAkQ8wc4NA&usg=AFQjCNF3l3ge27P9NVLvDzSiF7MG5qEm4g :D

your name is Deborah, Deborah
it never suited ya

:D

Orka_n
10-02-2011, 06:01 PM
Random ??? fucking important one i would say !It was sarcasm, mate.

Now have a classic.

8xT74EJ8vbw

Bilbo
10-02-2011, 07:37 PM
Bilbo, are you single? :lol:

I knew you would find me sexy.

Nole fan
10-02-2011, 08:24 PM
It was sarcasm, mate.

Now have a classic.

8xT74EJ8vbw

Totally legendary. :worship:

cobalt60
10-02-2011, 09:01 PM
Just from his posts/pics here over the years I rate Grooveman an 8.

Bilbo
10-02-2011, 09:20 PM
Sometimes I also use the rating system when I talk to friends so that they can imagine how she looks like when they don't know her. So then I would say something like "I talked to this hot babe 9, ...". However, categorizing girls like this can be dangerous because then I might start to think "It's a 9, so now I've to treat her differently."

Pirata.
10-02-2011, 10:47 PM
I knew you would find me sexy.

Intellect turns me on :hearts::kiss:

Bilbo
10-02-2011, 11:26 PM
Intellect turns me on :hearts::kiss:

You are my new girlfriend for the next 24 hours :)

The Magician
10-03-2011, 10:00 AM
No. It's as simple as that. :lol:
I live with many dogs and can't see my life without them. I'm also going to travel around the world in two months visiting South Africa and Australia where I'm going to volunteer raising lion cubs and orangutans. So, yes, animals are a very important part of my life and if a guy is not into them, i don't see the point about seeing him any longer. :shrug:

Explains the attraction to Novak :p

Pirata.
10-03-2011, 01:38 PM
You are my new girlfriend for the next 24 hours :)

yessss :drool:

Filo V.
10-03-2011, 02:27 PM
I always rate people based on looks. Like, one of the first things that run through my mind when seeing or talking to a person is how hot they are or not or if they are a potential hookup. And if my mind tells me "yes", then that's when I go into action.

So, yeah, it's shallow and for some, it's sexist. But do we all do it? Yeah, we do. Everyone judges based on appearance.

Some people, however use these ratings to deduce whether a person is interesting or not, or whether they are someone they should befriend or actually go out with. And that's bullshit. Ultimately, if you're looking for a mate, looks shouldn't be your primary concern.

Filo V.
10-03-2011, 02:34 PM
Looking back at this thread, all this attraction science thing bores me. Attraction ain't really a science at all, IMO. It's simply something that is. You're either into someone or you're not, someone either is into you or they're not.

Nole fan
10-03-2011, 04:47 PM
Explains the attraction to Novak :p

I should badrep you for that. :ras:

Bilbo
10-03-2011, 04:49 PM
Looking back at this thread, all this attraction science thing bores me. Attraction ain't really a science at all, IMO. It's simply something that is. You're either into someone or you're not, someone either is into you or they're not.

Then you haven't really understood it. It is like you said, either attraction is there or not but the point is to understand how attraction works and how to read the signals. You can't be attracted to someone by your logical brain. It's all about emotions and those can't be changed by your logical brain.

Attraction isn't a choice.

Macbrother
10-03-2011, 07:51 PM
Good thread.
Btw concerning ripped abs, Johnny:
Yeah, right.

And Nadal has the healthiest knees on tour.

This isn't necessarily false. I've been with several women that said they are put off by the 'bodybuilder' look and would prefer a 'normal' (i.e., not fat) stomach to ripped. Even though almost all women (or men, for that matter) share numerous commonalities in what they find attractive there can still be subtle differences between them.

Nole fan
10-03-2011, 07:59 PM
Good thread.

This isn't necessarily false. I've been with several women that said they are put off by the 'bodybuilder' look and would prefer a 'normal' (i.e., not fat) stomach to ripped. Even though almost all women (or men, for that matter) share numerous commonalities in what they find attractive there can still be subtle differences between them.

Sure. However I think taste changes with age. I used to find bodybuilder type bodies unattractive, specially those with overdeveloped upper bodies and thin legs, it's all about proportion. But now it's really the skinny ones that I don't like, before they seemed cute in an androgin kind of way, but now I don't like them. I prefer a hard slightly muscled body. However, I conform if the man hasn't got a beer belly and still has all his hair. :angel:

Macbrother
10-03-2011, 08:12 PM
Sure. However I think taste changes with age. I used to find bodybuilder type bodies unattractive, specially those with overdeveloped upper bodies and thin legs, it's all about proportion. But now it's really the skinny ones that I don't like, before they seemed cute in an androgin kind of way, but now I don't like them. I prefer a hard slightly muscled body. However, I conform if the man hasn't got a beer belly and still has all his hair. :angel:
That's interesting you mention that as all of these girls were sub-20, so perhaps there is an age-shift. And I agree, at least from my vantage-point, proportion / symmetry is much more important than size. ;)

There's another interesting note on body hair, almost all you see in models, movies, and porn are hairless men, but I've found most of the women I've been with prefer some gruff, some chest and navel hair. It's more apparently masculine, I suppose.

Nole fan
10-03-2011, 08:20 PM
That's interesting you mention that as all of these girls were sub-20, so perhaps there is an age-shift. And I agree, at least from my vantage-point, proportion / symmetry is much more important than size. ;)

There's another interesting note on body hair, almost all you see in models, movies, and porn are hairless men, but I've found most of the women I've been with prefer some gruff, some chest and navel hair. It's more apparently masculine, I suppose.

I don't mind some hair, but not the whole carpet like Federer's. :tape:

Clashcityrocker
10-03-2011, 08:24 PM
it's 64-3

Macbrother
10-03-2011, 08:35 PM
I don't mind some hair, but not the whole carpet like Federer's. :tape:
Then you must truly :hearts: Sampras.

Nole fan
10-03-2011, 08:36 PM
Then you must truly :hearts: Sampras.

How did you know? :p

Gagsquet
10-03-2011, 09:01 PM
Nole fan is a 7

Bilbo
10-03-2011, 09:14 PM
I usually don't approach girls under a 6.

Most girls I talk to are a 7. An 8 is rare and usually not walking around alone. A 9 you probably see once or twice a month and a 10 is nearly impossible to meet.

Macbrother
10-03-2011, 09:18 PM
I always reserved 10 as the mythical 'girl of my dreams' aka the unicorn, probably someone I'll never meet.
7-9 is peak sexual attraction-dating range, 5.5-6.5 is probably healthily in the fwb/one night stand area.

Orka_n
10-03-2011, 10:42 PM

This isn't necessarily false. I've been with several women that said they are put off by the 'bodybuilder' look and would prefer a 'normal' (i.e., not fat) stomach to ripped. Even though almost all women (or men, for that matter) share numerous commonalities in what they find attractive there can still be subtle differences between them.Yes, I also have a few female friends that honestly does not prefer abs. Most of them like it though, as expected.

Bilbo
10-03-2011, 11:06 PM
Being muscular for a man isn't as important today as it was hundreds or thousands of years ago when a man had to protect their women by animals or other men. Today money has become more important as for security and protection.

star
10-03-2011, 11:09 PM
I rate everything out of ten, not only women. Even I rate myself in every department.

Of course we all rate women out of 10, and there is nothing bad about it.

I never rate ANYTHING on a 1 − 10 scale — or any numerical scale. I think men are drawn to this numerical rating. It appeals to them. I’ve never talked to a woman about anything involving a 1 − 10 scale.

Good thread.

To me an excessively muscular body signals self involvement and egoism, and that’s not attractive.

Also a really hard body isn’t that nice to cuddle up against.

Bilbo
10-03-2011, 11:30 PM
yessss :drool:

Time is over, honey :hug: You are now my ex-girlfriend.

Sunset of Age
10-03-2011, 11:35 PM
To me an excessively muscular body signals self involvement and egoism, and that’s not attractive.

Absolutely TRUE.

The obsession some guys have with having a hard six-pack bod in order to feel 'attractive' towards the opposite sex rather resembles the obsession certain insecure ladies have with not having a DD-cup. :o
Rather funny to see so many couples get on very well with each other without even getting close to that so-called idealistic 'perfect' bod, no? ;)

cobalt60
10-04-2011, 12:16 AM
I never rate ANYTHING on a 1 − 10 scale — or any numerical scale. I think men are drawn to this numerical rating. It appeals to them. I’ve never talked to a woman about anything involving a 1 − 10 scale.

Hence my previous sarcastic comment in this thread;)

Johnny Groove
10-04-2011, 12:24 AM
Good to see this thread getting some love.

As for the ripped abs and body hair thing, I mean it really all depends on the girl. Every girl has different tastes.

And Sampras, well, how could you possibly resist?

http://www.belgraviacentre.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/pete-sampras-with-more-hair-on-his-head-and-body.jpg

cobalt60
10-04-2011, 12:28 AM
Except that Grooveman is still an 8 in my book;)

Johnny Groove
10-04-2011, 12:36 AM
Dr. Sue calling me an 8? :yeah:

Medical proof! :dance:

Orka_n
10-04-2011, 01:35 AM
To me an excessively muscular body signals self involvement and egoism, and that’s not attractive.Yeah, that's exactly what I discussed with my (female) friend who didn't like abs. It might not be the muscles that's the real problem, but rather the superficial thinking that almost defines the whole bodybuilding culture.

Personally I don't go to the gym because A) I find that kind of training so BORING :tape: and B) I literally can't stand a bunch of guys ogling themselves passionately in the mirror while lifting weights... it's beyond ridiculous imo. :facepalm:
So I play tennis & squash instead to stay fit. Then you actually have some motivation to run (chasing the ball)... and the narcissists aren't as common there. :lol:

Sunset of Age
10-04-2011, 11:07 AM
Yeah, that's exactly what I discussed with my (female) friend who didn't like abs. It might not be the muscles that's the real problem, but rather the superficial thinking that almost defines the whole bodybuilding culture.

I think I'd get along with your female friend very well. ;)

Personally I don't go to the gym because A) I find that kind of training so BORING :tape: and B) I literally can't stand a bunch of guys ogling themselves passionately in the mirror while lifting weights... it's beyond ridiculous imo. :facepalm:

Haha yes. Well it's just as horrid as with the ladies jumping up and down (oh wait, they call that 'dancing') to most usually, HORRID music, in front of a mirror. :bolt:

Orka_n
10-04-2011, 12:08 PM
I think I'd get along with your female friend very well. ;)Yes, I think you would actually. :)
Haha yes. Well it's just as horrid as with the ladies jumping up and down (oh wait, they call that 'dancing') to most usually, HORRID music, in front of a mirror. :bolt:I once went to such a dance session when a friend invited me. The only guys there were me and some middle-aged dude. :lol: Not my cup of tea but I get why some like it.

Lopez
10-06-2011, 12:06 PM
Yeah, that's exactly what I discussed with my (female) friend who didn't like abs. It might not be the muscles that's the real problem, but rather the superficial thinking that almost defines the whole bodybuilding culture.

So I play tennis & squash instead to stay fit. Then you actually have some motivation to run (chasing the ball)... and the narcissists aren't as common there. :lol:

Personally, when I go to the gym I always have the baggiest clothes in my closet on :lol:. And I avoid mirrors, unless they're important in checking that everything goes as it should from a technical standpoint (e.g. when you do series squats with well over 100kg on our shoulders, it pretty good to look in the mirror to avoid any possible accidents and such :lol:). I'm not into that bodybuilding culture either, which is really why I prefer small gyms with just weights and bars... No need for all the fancy machines.

I work out from a "sporting" perspective, i.e. wanting to keep my muscles in good condition. Also, I've always liked gaining power :p. Nothing to do with looks, at least for me, just another way of burning up calories. So I'm not going for that "bodybuilder" -look, more like "weightlifter" :lol:.

I am similar to you in that I really don't like when there's no motivation, that's why I found it difficult to take up going to the gym initially, and when I've had a break for some reason it's difficult to get into the groove (like now since I'm working). As I've said, nowadays I get the motivation to go to the gym from getting stronger :p. I also play tennis and other sports to stay fit. I could never imagine taking up jogging for example.

Bilbo
10-07-2011, 12:00 PM
How would you think and especially feel about a man who admits that he's nervous but still had the balls to come over and talk to you? IMO it's all about having the balls and do it.

Hey nole fan, my question is still open :) I think that honesty is one of the core points in seduction.

Nole fan
10-07-2011, 12:46 PM
Hey nole fan, my question is still open :) I think that honesty is one of the core points in seduction.

If he shows nerves at first it's good, indicates that the guy is interested in you, but if he acts awkward for a long time then it's a turn off. Nothing turns me off more than insecurity. Of course is he's coming into you means that he has balls and hence he has a bigger chance. Guys that hit on a girl are more likely to get the girl than guys that just look and do nothing, obviously, or guys that act shy around you. At least in my opinion. But that's because I like brash confident guys who are a bit cocky in a charming way. :p

Orka_n
10-07-2011, 02:18 PM
Personally, when I go to the gym I always have the baggiest clothes in my closet on :lol:. And I avoid mirrors, unless they're important in checking that everything goes as it should from a technical standpoint (e.g. when you do series squats with well over 100kg on our shoulders, it pretty good to look in the mirror to avoid any possible accidents and such :lol:). I'm not into that bodybuilding culture either, which is really why I prefer small gyms with just weights and bars... No need for all the fancy machines.

I work out from a "sporting" perspective, i.e. wanting to keep my muscles in good condition. Also, I've always liked gaining power :p. Nothing to do with looks, at least for me, just another way of burning up calories. So I'm not going for that "bodybuilder" -look, more like "weightlifter" :lol:.

I am similar to you in that I really don't like when there's no motivation, that's why I found it difficult to take up going to the gym initially, and when I've had a break for some reason it's difficult to get into the groove (like now since I'm working). As I've said, nowadays I get the motivation to go to the gym from getting stronger :p. I also play tennis and other sports to stay fit. I could never imagine taking up jogging for example.Yea, I get that. I never did like running either, even when I was playing football at a fairly high level and the whole team did it during practice time. :lol: Also, another reason I don't visit the gym is that after you gain muscle weight, then you have to keep training forever not to lose that weight. :p Of couse, if you find the training bearable then I guess it's worth it. And I do understand the feeling of wanting to be stronger. :)

Bilbo
10-07-2011, 02:24 PM
If he shows nerves at first it's good, indicates that the guy is interested in you, but if he acts awkward for a long time then it's a turn off. Nothing turns me off more than insecurity. Of course is he's coming into you means that he has balls and hence he has a bigger chance. Guys that hit on a girl are more likely to get the girl than guys that just look and do nothing, obviously, or guys that act shy around you. At least in my opinion. But that's because I like brash confident guys who are a bit cocky in a charming way. :p

It matches my experiences. Guys who are a bit nervous at the beginning appear as more natural and less threatening than a guy who looks and behaves like a typical player. A player has advantages in a club but not so much on the street, uni, etc.

By the way, girls can be also very nervous when you talk to them, indicating that she is interested in you ;) It's a strong signal like getting asked for your name after a minute or so.

Certinfy
10-07-2011, 04:39 PM
It matches my experiences. Guys who are a bit nervous at the beginning appear as more natural and less threatening than a guy who looks and behaves like a typical player. A player has advantages in a club but not so much on the street, uni, etc.

By the way, girls can be also very nervous when you talk to them, indicating that she is interested in you ;) It's a strong signal like getting asked for your name after a minute or so.
Bilbo, you are my hero. :worship:

Nole fan
10-07-2011, 04:48 PM
Bilbo, you are my hero. :worship:

He's my hero too. Guys you could learn a lot from this guy. :p

JolánGagó
10-07-2011, 09:29 PM
Bilbo is good.

Getta
10-07-2011, 10:10 PM
Bilbo loves to follow rules. when there aren't any rules to follow, he's happy to make up a few so that he has a rule for every occasion.

JolánGagó wishes he had spent more time exploring similar unique techniques instead of wasting his hard earned money and time to loosen up to the salsa rhythms.

stay as you are, JolánGagó.

JolánGagó
10-07-2011, 11:48 PM
Bilbo changed my life but my yo's been now displaced, I must reasess in order not to despair.

Johnny Groove
10-07-2011, 11:52 PM

Fellas, this is all you need to know.

Well put, mate. :hatoff:

Bilbo loves to follow rules. when there aren't any rules to follow, he's happy to make up a few so that he has a rule for every occasion.

JolánGagó wishes he had spent more time exploring similar unique techniques instead of wasting his hard earned money and time to loosen up to the salsa rhythms.

stay as you are, JolánGagó.

What scenario would this be?

pray-for-palestine-and-israel
10-12-2011, 10:17 AM

I only rate two things, if he is generous or not. Being stingy is noooooooooo.

stereotype golddigger

I always rate people based on looks.

stereotype homo

something i'd expect from sec in the city- that old hag who sleeps with young men

BigJohn
10-12-2011, 10:26 AM
How could this be eternal? Numbers have only been around for 5500 years...

fast_clay
10-12-2011, 12:21 PM
stereotype golddigger

stereotype homo

something i'd expect from sec in the city- that old hag who sleeps with young men

:lol: :haha: :haha: this post is too solid in every aspect

Nole fan
10-12-2011, 12:58 PM
stereotype golddigger

stereotype homo

I'd like to know what kind of stereotype you fit in... oh wait, maybe you don't want to know. :rolleyes:

Gagsquet
10-12-2011, 01:12 PM
From now on, the 6 are in my range.. Crisis time.

Lopez
10-12-2011, 01:57 PM
How could this be eternal? Numbers have only been around for 5500 years...

Well, if you ask Aloimeh, that's approximately the age of our Earth so in a way it might be eternal...

:p :rolls:

Filo V.
10-12-2011, 02:43 PM
Well, I'm not an old hag, but my life is lived EXACTLY like I'm a member of Sex in the City. Except it's a gay male version. Which more or less is the same as the actual show, and yes, very stereotypical.

Filo V.
10-12-2011, 02:51 PM
Then you haven't really understood it. It is like you said, either attraction is there or not but the point is to understand how attraction works and how to read the signals. You can't be attracted to someone by your logical brain. It's all about emotions and those can't be changed by your logical brain.

Attraction isn't a choice.

I agree that emotions are what drive attraction, but the whole signals thing, and how to approach someone and how not to, and how to act when doing so, all that is like a science. Like it's a job to catch the eye of an individual. For me, it's not a job. I like someone, they like me, we connect, done. I don't need to approach or appear strong or weak or anything, just simply, that person is hot, and make the move. Actually, usually I'm the one being approached and it's the same thing, it's not a game or anything.

JolánGagó
10-12-2011, 03:50 PM
Well, I'm not an old hag, but my life is lived EXACTLY like I'm a member of Sex in the City. Except it's a gay male version. Which more or less is the same as the actual show, and yes, very stereotypical.

Pics, we wanna see your manolos.

JolánGagó
10-12-2011, 03:57 PM
I agree that emotions are what drive attraction, but the whole signals thing, and how to approach someone and how not to, and how to act when doing so, all that is like a science. Like it's a job to catch the eye of an individual. For me, it's not a job. I like someone, they like me, we connect, done. I don't need to approach or appear strong or weak or anything, just simply, that person is hot, and make the move. Actually, usually I'm the one being approached and it's the same thing, it's not a game or anything.

You need to allow some slack to the great German mind, they do need a book of rules for life, an Instruction Manual for its every minutiae. They long for it. They call that Angst.

Start da Game
10-12-2011, 05:59 PM
the hottest women thread has a few 5-6 range women......go check it fast......never seen anybody over 6 in real life or internet......aishwarya rai is about 5.85 and sushmita sen is almost 6......some of those middle eastern, spanish, south indian, north indian, pakistani women and some random westerner here and there are also in the range of 5.8 to 5.95......

why above 7 do not exit in reality

7 - nearing absolute perfection (you might find only this category out of 7, 8, 9 and 10 once or twice in your life but very very very rare and they are most definitely women leading a normal life and who nobody knows about)

8 - unimaginably hot, you will sweat like a pig and can't do shit out of excessive excitement and develop asthma

9 - sex and death

10 - simply do not exist

kidding aside, i don't believe in rating women......you look at a woman and for some reason if you find that spark in her, she's your 10......either she's a 10 or you just don't care......that's it......most of the "don't care" types will settle in your heads in the "average to good" category but you won't really think about rating them......

just last saturday i missed a 10 at a pizza hut here......i am still restless about it.....

Orka_n
10-12-2011, 07:22 PM
you look at a woman and for some reason if you find that spark in her, she's your 10......either she's a 10 or you just don't care......Wow... I cannot believe I actually agree with SdG.

Filo V.
10-12-2011, 07:49 PM
What I always find comical is when guys who are like 4s judge women (and other dudes too) on their looks. It's always the ugly ones who act like hot shit. Well, not always, but you get the point.

Nole fan
10-12-2011, 08:52 PM
kidding aside, i don't believe in rating women......you look at a woman and for some reason if you find that spark in her, she's your 10......either she's a 10 or you just don't care......that's it......most of the "don't care" types will settle in your heads in the "average to good" category but you won't really think about rating them......

just last saturday i missed a 10 at a pizza hut here......i am still restless about it.....

That's the most coherent thought I've read in this thread. :yeah:

cobalt60
10-12-2011, 10:52 PM
Wow... I cannot believe I actually agree with SdG.

take 2 aspirin or motrin ( I don't care) and call me in the morning

Orka_n
10-12-2011, 11:53 PM
take 2 aspirin or motrin ( I don't care) and call me in the morningThanks doc, I'll be sure to do that. :haha:

BigJohn
10-13-2011, 01:24 AM
take 2 aspirin or motrin ( I don't care) and call me in the morning

I thought I read somewhere the World Health Organization specifically recommended to check your rectal body temperature in such cases...

http://english.people.com.cn/mediafile/200905/22/P200905221007278382276028.jpg

cobalt60
10-13-2011, 01:30 AM
I thought I read somewhere the World Health Organization specifically recommended to check your rectal body temperature in such cases...

http://english.people.com.cn/mediafile/200905/22/P200905221007278382276028.jpg

Mercury thermometer or digital? :angel: ( I swear I have not touched any hard stuff for weeks, honest)

cobalt60
10-13-2011, 01:31 AM
Thanks doc, I'll be sure to do that. :haha:

Let me know if it works :p Must go to bed; I am quite punchy from working to hard.

BigJohn
10-13-2011, 02:06 AM
Mercury thermometer or digital? :angel: ( I swear I have not touched any hard stuff for weeks, honest)

Well calibrated, it does not matter either way. (And I am sorry about your husband :tears:)

cobalt60
10-13-2011, 10:04 PM
Well calibrated, it does not matter either way. (And I am sorry about your husband :tears:)

:haha: :spit: He comes home tonight :lol: How did you know?

BigJohn
10-13-2011, 11:15 PM
Not touched any hard stuff for weeks... I can read between the lines.