2010 Australian season no more. Get Well, Gilles. [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

2010 Australian season no more. Get Well, Gilles.

Pages : [1] 2

lalaland
01-10-2010, 08:37 AM
I’m a bit confused whether we agree on having a new thread now or later :confused:. But since Gilles is already in Australia, I think technically, when he steps on court and plays tennis next week, his season will start. So we need a thread to discuss his haircut ;), his outfit, his tan, his form, and occasionally his tennis :p. So let the fun begins.

While we are still debating whether or not he should actually resume his season so quickly without having his injury completely heal, it seems he has already made up his mind to play the Australian Open. He can only be stopped if the pain returns, but we hope that won’t happen. So here’s hoping that he plays thru the whole Australian season without any problem, and gets the Simon Slam rolling. :cool:

First stop, Adelaide Exho, Jan 12-14.
http://www.worldtennischallenge.com/index.html
The young guns play single against each other, and then team up with the veteran to play double. So he will have to play what, 6 matches total in 3 days? Wow, quite a lot, hope his knee can handle. The young guys in this exho are Sexy, Ginepri, Tomic & Gilles. Sexy is in top form :), Robby beat Toad this week :dance:(if it means anything), Tomic is still fighting with Rocky :boxing: which doesn't help his tennis :p. I hope Gilles will have a good warmup next week to prepare for AO.

Sorry Les, I try to use the thread name you suggested, but it’s a bit too long to fit. But like you said, we can change it. I’ll see if we need to fine tune the name as the week progress. Maybe if Gilles changes his mind and decides to sit out AO afterall, we’ll have to change the thread name to “AO no more, season to be resumed in March”. We'll see.

rtgy
01-10-2010, 08:49 AM
great thread :D thanx Lala:hug:

:worship:

So we need a thread to discuss his haircut ;), his outfit, his tan, his form, and occasionally his tennis :p.

:rolls:

So let the fun begins.

yeah:D :bounce: :bounce:

Shooting Star
01-10-2010, 10:47 AM
Hi tan! :rolls: I love it! :worship: Haha

Jess22
01-10-2010, 01:03 PM
:lol: Sounds great, can't wait :)
Simon slam :worship:

Truc
01-10-2010, 01:23 PM
I'm losing my memory, what was the deal with the "Simon Slam" again? I remember we used to say that a lot, but I don't remember what it was referring to (and I don't know how to search for an expression with the MTF search feature).

MsTree
01-10-2010, 04:09 PM
The Simon Slam (iirc) was improving year on year on all his previous Slam results - which he more or less managed to do last season :) I think anyway!

Thanks for thread Lala! We did need an Oz thread even if we don't get an Oz season! Fingers crossed that he'll be pain free and we'll have lots of magic moments to enjoy :D

Truc
01-10-2010, 04:48 PM
Oh yes, that's it, I remember now, thanks.

The French channel Direct 8 was covering this Adelaide thingie last year, but I don't see it announced this year. It really looked like a "hit-and-giggle" exhibition anyway.

lalaland
01-10-2010, 09:41 PM
"hit-and-giggle" exhibition

:lol: what a great phrase.

I wish he had signed on the Hopman Cup so we would have gotten some pics of the Ball, or Sydney, then we would have seen pics of the players' party, instead, is this Adelaide thing with not even a pic of him on their website :rolleyes:. I'm getting impatient.

port37
01-11-2010, 10:58 AM
Nice thread title! I hope his body's survived the transition from freezing Europe to scorching Australia, it's been just over 40 degrees celsius the last couple of days here :D

I've got tix for the 3 nights, I've never been to one of these events before so not sure what to expect but it should be fun. Will try to get some photos.

Kezzi
01-11-2010, 12:20 PM
Nice thread title! I hope his body's survived the transition from freezing Europe to scorching Australia, it's been just over 40 degrees celsius the last couple of days here :D

I've got tix for the 3 nights, I've never been to one of these events before so not sure what to expect but it should be fun. Will try to get some photos.
Have fun! :D

lalaland
01-11-2010, 08:05 PM

Have fun! Please take a lot of pictures.

While I was looking for livestream last nite of Sydney, I came up with nothing but a link that was actually showing Adelaide news, so I watched that :o. They mentioned the brutal heat, 40 some degree :eek:, but they said the temp is going to come down, thank goodness. They have a short segment of the Adelaide Exho, but they only interviewed JMac, and then shown the 2 Pats (Rafter & Cash) practicing. Is this thingy indoor or outdoor?

Edit:
Oh, right. I saw the photo now, it's outdoor, night sessions only and you can watch both matches at the same time :lol:, neat!

rtgy
01-11-2010, 08:23 PM
Oh, right. I saw the photo now, it's outdoor, night sessions only and you can watch both matches at the same time :lol:, neat!

Gosh that will be brutal........:o
:lol:

madeinburma
01-12-2010, 10:48 AM
A lil update on WTC: Gilles lost. He got bageled by Stepanek in the second set. :awww: He played quite well in the first set (7-6..there were a few nice winners) but you can tell he's still trying to it easy on his knee. And he says in the post-match interview that he got tired in the second set (which is a worry if he's intending to go to AO). But Gilles was smiling throughout the whole match so that was good. And Stepanek was making jokes(trying rather but I shouldn't be mean :devil:) every five seconds but it got to a point where it just got annoying (at least to me). At 5-0 in the second set, Henri Leconte came on to the court and Gilles threw him his racquet and Leconte played the first point of that game (which he lost by the way). Hopefully he'll get more practice out of the doubles match but I highly doubt it. :D At least he's having fun!

Truc
01-12-2010, 01:46 PM
Thanks for the news, are you in Adelaide? Or did you have TV coverage?
They did the same thing last year when Gaël was losing, he gave his racquet to Leconte who played a couple of points for him.

Scotso
01-12-2010, 02:13 PM
bon courage!

rtgy
01-12-2010, 02:17 PM
bon courage!

:rocker2:

ALLEZ!!! :rocker:

Jess22
01-12-2010, 02:17 PM
Thanks, bit worrying but at least he's having fun :)

lalaland
01-12-2010, 05:10 PM
Doesn't sound like he is ready for real competition. :scared:

MsTree
01-12-2010, 05:43 PM
Aw Gilles :hug: Put your feet up and work on your tan :D

lalaland
01-12-2010, 06:34 PM

:lol: great idea.

MsTree
01-12-2010, 09:55 PM
So he plays Ginepri today? OK, good luck Gillou!

Shooting Star
01-12-2010, 11:14 PM

:lol: Plan! And possibly work on growing the perfect amount of stubble?

Puschkin
01-13-2010, 06:26 AM
At 5-0 in the second set, Henri Leconte came on to the court and Gilles threw him his racquet and Leconte played the first point of that game (which he lost by the way).
What is Leconte doing there? Gilles should give his raquet to a determined spectator/fan. It would be a great moment for him/her and the result would be the same. :p

Truc
01-13-2010, 11:15 AM
He lost 6-2 6-4 to Ginepri.

turtle-rn
01-13-2010, 12:19 PM
Ewww. If he enters AO, it's gonna be painful to watch. >_<

rtgy
01-13-2010, 01:46 PM
He lost 6-2 6-4 to Ginepri.

I hope that he at least have some fun out there:shrug:

Ewww. If he enters AO, it's gonna be painful to watch. >_<

well AO will be painful to watch:o:explode:
:sad:

Gillou pls stop this! don't play at the AO, pls :sad:

Jess22
01-13-2010, 02:53 PM
:tape: I think the title of the thread really fits in now :P I hope he drops out, he's obviously not ready no-one wants to see an early exit

lalaland
01-13-2010, 04:59 PM
Gilles :awww::tears::explode::banghead:. I don't quite know what to think.

Cloudygirl
01-13-2010, 05:27 PM
What is Leconte doing there? Gilles should give his raquet to a determined spectator/fan. It would be a great moment for him/her and the result would be the same. :p

it is a pro player, retired player event. Not like he's just randomly there.

Gillou wake up, go home and rest that knee before I have to hunt you down.

MsTree
01-13-2010, 05:38 PM
Oh Gilles :hug: Please stop fucking about and withdraw :sad:

rtgy
01-13-2010, 06:16 PM
well Tomic next........:o
http://www.worldtennischallenge.com/sitefiles/Draw-Thurs14Jan.pdf

http://www.worldtennischallenge.com/images/news/WTC_Jan12.jpg

lalaland
01-13-2010, 06:20 PM
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/blogs/match-tough/tennis-gears-up-for-australian-open/article1429066/

Far and away the least competitive and shamelessly showbiz event is taking place in Adelaide, Australia. To replace its former ATP event, Adelaide organizers have put together an expo featuring current and former players and grandly named it the “World Tennis Challenge.” Any suggestion that serious competition would prevail has been discredited by promotional TV commercials running incessantly in Australia showing John McEnroe in his legendary “You cannot be serious” tantrum at Wimbledon, as well as in another incident when he swung his racquet and smashed a courtside camera in typical McEnroe fit of pique.

Along with fellow-veterans Mats Wilander, Pat Cash and Henri Leconte, the irascible McEnroe can be counted on to provide lots of histrionics when he plays.

But the current players are also not above playing to the crowd. During the Radek Stepanek – Gilles Simon match on Tuesday, they deliberately lobbed over each other to set up their opponent for showboat, between-the-legs shots. And once, when Stepanek was at the net, instead of hitting a volley with his racquet, he did so with his head – soccer style.

So this is really just for fun :p.
But regardless, his form is really worrisome. Had only about a week back to the practice court before this week and this week is going by without any seriousness to get himself into any sort of form. Gilles, you are a brave soul to go to AO just like that. :scared:

rtgy
01-13-2010, 07:36 PM
Gilles, you are a brave soul to go to AO just like that. :scared:

no he's an idiot:o

but I'm also immensely happy that he's enjoying himself down there:D:p

lalaland
01-13-2010, 08:58 PM
no he's an idiot:o

:lol: That, we know.

Idiocy and bravery go hand in hand, you have to be thick enough to try the unthinkable :p.

On a serious note, I still think he will try to play next week. He probably thinks he has nothing to lose, pointwise, that 360 pts are lost anyway if he doesn't play. He's already in Oz, he sees no danger of causing himself more pain (that's debatable but he probably thinks so anyway). The only thing to lose is his reputation, losing in the early round will make the naysayers very happy :mad:. So in a sense, that's kind of brave, putting his reputation on the line. Or maybe I'm just trying to put a positive spin on thing, cos focus on the positive then I don't have to watch his first match next week in complete horror :p. And influence by Gilles, I am not making any sense anymore :o :p.

---------------------------------------------->

On second thought, pull out, man, you're pissing me :mad: . :rolleyes:

rtgy
01-13-2010, 11:23 PM
:lol: That, we know.

:p

Idiocy and bravery go hand in hand, you have to be thick enough to try the unthinkable :p.

so true :bowdown:

---------------------------------------------->

On second thought, pull out, man, you're pissing me :mad: . :rolleyes:

rtgy
01-14-2010, 10:47 AM
Tomic def. Simon 6-0, 6-7 (4-7), (10-6)
http://www.worldtennischallenge.com/index.html

great fight Gillou:hug:

Hannah4eva
01-14-2010, 11:25 AM
Gosh this is painful :eek: Sum1 reli needs to get sum sense into his head :banghead: Becuz its obvious he is in no great form at all to play :awww:

Regardless he is known to be so stubborn (lets jus hope its for the best :rolleyes: )

Anyway great thread guys :wavey:

but-it's-ok
01-14-2010, 12:40 PM
He's on court,at least. Thats all I got to say:lol:

madeinburma
01-14-2010, 12:57 PM
Thanks for the news, are you in Adelaide? Or did you have TV coverage?

No, I'm in Melbourne. They covered it on Fox Sports.

Gilles lost to Tomic today. The first set was a nightmare. 6-0. It was pretty much unforced errors left, right and center. But it didn't look like he was taking it too seriously. Maybe that's why. But the commentators were really annoying. They kept praising Tomic for being able to smash a top 15 guy and one of them (I think it was Wally Masur) was like "Gilles is not puting in the hard work. He's not even breaking a sweat." and something along the line of how these top 20 players shouldn't think that they can play lightly against upcoming young players like Tomic. So I muted the TV.

In the first game of the second set, Gilles got annoyed by the bad line calls. There were a lot of shots that looked like clean winners but were called out. And the chair umpire was just going along with the linesmen. So Gilles did this underarm serve trying to mock the umpire and the linesmen. And he didn't even chase it when Tomic hit the ball back. So he got broken eventually. But I think the fustration was good for him because he started attacking more and he broke back straight away. It went on to a tie-break which Gilles won 7-4. And Gilles lost 10-6 in the super tiebreak.

Henri Leconte came in and sat at Gilles's player seat for pretty much the whole match. So every changeover, Gilles talked talked talked and he smiled a lot. :) And at some point in the tie break, Tomic's serve was called fault. But Gilles said it was in and gave him the point. :angel:

Oh! And they showed this really short interview before the match where they asked Gilles a couple of questions. They asked if he could be a car, what would it be? And he said Aston Martin. And they asked if he could bring three people, dead or living, to dinner, who would they be? And he thought about it for a while and he said "My wife." :eek: And his friends. There were some other questions but I can't remember them for some reason. So sorry! But as you know Gilles, he pretty much answered "Yes" or "No" to all of them. He didn't play in the doubles match. Henri played with Bahrami instead. And he was MIA in the award ceremony too. Everyone else was there. I wonder why.

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=999864

I'm sorry if I went on and on. :unsure:

Jess22
01-14-2010, 03:17 PM
Thanks for the report :hug: Sounds like he's having a lot of fun anyways. Wife? :confused:, have we missed something?

rtgy
01-14-2010, 03:39 PM
No, I'm in Melbourne. They covered it on Fox Sports.

thanx for the great report:hug:

Oh! And they showed this really short interview before the match where they asked Gilles a couple of questions. They asked if he could be a car, what would it be? And he said Aston Martin. And they asked if he could bring three people, dead or living, to dinner, who would they be? And he thought about it for a while and he said "My wife." :eek: And his friends.

so he finally ask the question.........'would you...........':p or that's just a joke:lol:

rtgy
01-14-2010, 03:48 PM
"I'm trying to reach 100 per cent for the Australian Open but it is not always easy, especially at the beginning of the match," Simon said.

AO:scratch:.........after this fiasco in Adelaide:confused: Gillou are you freaking mad mate:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

"Maybe I have to prepare one set before the match to be ready but at the beginning it's hard, I hope they don't make me run right-left-right-left, I'm not confident, so it is hard then but after that, far better."

WTF...........:mad: :o

Scotso
01-14-2010, 04:19 PM
I hope he was just fooling around. If he's in bad shape, I wish he had just skipped the Australian season.

rtgy
01-14-2010, 04:29 PM
And they asked if he could bring three people, dead or living, to dinner, who would they be? And he thought about it for a while and he said "My wife." :eek:

btw, the rumour quickly spread over the net......'i was watching the world tennis challenge, and he mentioned he was married'

http://www.talk-sports.net/atp/girlfriend.aspx/Gilles_Simon

rtgy
01-14-2010, 04:32 PM
I hope he was just fooling around. If he's in bad shape, I wish he had just skipped the Australian season.

yeah same here........but he's so stubborn some times:(

rtgy
01-14-2010, 05:40 PM
Gillou at Adelaide:
http://twitpic.com/xs70u

http://twitpic.com/y1wxh

http://twitpic.com/xvx74

rtgy
01-14-2010, 06:17 PM
hmmm......look at this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gilles_Simon:eek:

"Simon is married"

Congrats to Gillou & Carine(I hope:)):hug: but why so secret Gillou?:lol:

lalaland
01-14-2010, 06:30 PM
what does proppy-looking mean?

This exho thingy, I don't know if it helps to prepare for the next tourney or not. On the one hand, he got to play 3 matches even if he sucks so badly and lost every match (as compares to a real tourney that he would only get 1 match in if he lost R1). But if he didn't take it seriously (which seems to be the case anyway), then what good does it do as preparation. How's it possible that he can get to 100% for AO by playing a exho like this? Next week's outlook is terribly grim, but anyway, it's gonna happen.

On to a happier note, he got married? wow cool. If it's true, then congrats to them both. If it's not true, then naughty Gilles, for making his fans wonder :p.

MsTree
01-14-2010, 06:31 PM
Wow! Good news if true, Carine really seems to be the right woman for him. Good stuff! Now why is he playing Oz when he should be enjoying his honeymoon?

lalaland
01-14-2010, 06:32 PM
hmmm......look at this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gilles_Simon:eek:

"Simon is married"

Congrats to Gillou & Carine(I hope:)):hug: but why so secret Gillou?:lol:

Well, I won't trust Wiki as a source. It there's no footnote to give a legitimate source, that line will get take down in no time.

Cloudygirl
01-14-2010, 06:34 PM
Is he wearing a ring?
is it anywhere other than Wiki?

Very sceptical about anything on wiki.I could edit it now and say he is married to me mmm tempting prospect

MsTree
01-14-2010, 06:36 PM
He mentioned "his wife" in the Adelaide on court interview Tori, that's where this has all started from :)

And they asked if he could bring three people, dead or living, to dinner, who would they be? And he thought about it for a while and he said "My wife." :eek: And his friends.

rtgy
01-14-2010, 06:38 PM
Wow! Good news if true, Carine really seems to be the right woman for him. Good stuff! Now why is he playing Oz when he should be enjoying his honeymoon?

maybe he was enjoying his honeymoon already:p

Well, I won't trust Wiki as a source. It there's no footnote to give a legitimate source, that line will get take down in no time.

of course but he's the one who said: "My wife";)

lalaland
01-14-2010, 06:40 PM
Why does he need to think about it for a min to say he'll bring his wife :devil:. Carine is not gonna be happy :p

Cloudygirl
01-14-2010, 06:41 PM
He mentioned "his wife" in the Adelaide on court interview Tori, that's where this has all started from :)

awww well if it's right then congrats to them both. If not he's announced it in public he can't take it back now hope Carine takes advantage :p

MsTree
01-14-2010, 06:42 PM
We could really do with seeing this interview :lol:

Cloudygirl
01-14-2010, 06:46 PM
better being the wife than the concubine ;)

lalaland
01-14-2010, 06:47 PM

I know. But according to Wiki's rule, there needed to be printed source provided, in order to be legit for putting it in Wiki. Otherwise, like Cloudygirl said, she can edited it to say Gilles is married to her. I'm not arguing the validity of the issue, I'm just saying Wiki has rule too and I don't see any source provided so the Wiki police will take it down soon enough, I think.

Well, I kinda hope it's true. I hope to see Carine coming to the tourney more, I think she has a calming effect on him, maybe it will help him do better ;).

MsTree
01-14-2010, 06:52 PM
better being the wife than the concubine ;)

Indeed, I would have settled for a quickie round the back of the changing rooms too :lol:

I know. But according to Wiki's rule, there needed to be printed source provided, in order to be legit for putting it in Wiki.

Nothing appearing in Google's news alerts. They really must've been keeping it quiet :)

rtgy
01-14-2010, 06:52 PM
I know. But according to Wiki's rule, there needed to be printed source provided, in order to be legit for putting it in Wiki. Otherwise, like Cloudygirl said, she can edited it to say Gilles is married to her. I'm not arguing the validity of the issue, I'm just saying Wiki has rule too and I don't see any source provided so the Wiki police will take it down soon enough, I think.

ok I get your point;)
but who cares about wiki? that's amazing news! that's what truly matters for me:D

once again congrats to G&C :hug:

Cloudygirl
01-14-2010, 06:53 PM
His English is no way bad enough to mistake girlfriend for wife so it's either true or some kind of cryptic private joke.

rtgy
01-14-2010, 06:56 PM
Indeed, I would have settled for a quickie round the back of the changing rooms too :lol:

Nothing appearing in Google's news alerts. They really must've been keeping it quiet :)

well that's the 'Gillou way' ;)

Cloudygirl
01-14-2010, 06:58 PM
Yep bless him. I think it's lovely how he manages to keep his private life very private. I bet it's not easy.

turtle-rn
01-14-2010, 07:06 PM
Hopefully yes.

In French, it's not uncommon for long time partners to use the terms husband/wife without being legally married. Maybe it was just a matter of lack of proper English vocabulary. :p

rtgy
01-14-2010, 07:21 PM
Hopefully yes.

why?:p

In French, it's not uncommon for long time partners to use the terms husband/wife without being legally married. Maybe it was just a matter of lack of proper English vocabulary. :p

well it's 'lost in translation II' then:lol: I think that Gilles is the only one who could solve the puzzle:shrug: but in any case I wouldn't mind them to get married;) they're lovely couple and I like them both:D

lalaland
01-14-2010, 07:21 PM
Does Stan speaks French or German? Is it only in French that girlfriend/wife/concubine is the same thing? :p

rtgy
01-14-2010, 07:25 PM
Does Stan speaks French or German? Is it only in French that girlfriend/wife/concubine is the same thing? :p

lalaland
01-14-2010, 07:26 PM
Anyhow, this little news (even if it's just a misunderstanding), cheer things up, doesn't it :D
Otherwise, it's been a dreadful week :sad: in terms of tennis.

Keijan
01-14-2010, 07:27 PM
He probably meant, after hearing the question, that if he had a wife she would be the first person he would bring.
It's a lot of fuss about very few imo :shrug: Don't forget that he's not a natural english speaker.

turtle-rn
01-14-2010, 07:43 PM
why?:p
Because that mention on his wiki page is obviously solely based upon that bit of interview. I didn't mean I wished they were not married. ;)

Not the same thing:

girlfriend = current partner (i.e. until the next one show up)
wife = long time or stable partner
concubine = mostly a legal term only for people who have signed that specific partnership contract.

rtgy
01-14-2010, 07:47 PM
It's a lot of fuss about very few imo :shrug: Don't forget that he's not a natural english speaker.

why fuss? :shrug:
Lala was righ that this 'news' truly cheer things up here after a really dreadful week so far(indeed in the terms of tennis;)) :p

I mean it was really funny to speculate on that:)

tedlesurfeur
01-14-2010, 07:51 PM

Stan is a French speaker. It is his native language.
Fran, Nat, have you can looked it up on youtube? I like the way he speaks, very swiss-like I guess, but I'm no expert.

lalaland
01-14-2010, 07:52 PM
Not the same thing:

girlfriend = current partner (i.e. until the next one show up)
wife = long time or stable partner
concubine = mostly a legal term only for people who have signed that specific partnership contract.

so that's their definition in French?
To me though, gf = current partner, wife = current partner but you just want it in writing, concubine = an ancient term, modern term is mistress, google Tiger Wood.

tedlesurfeur
01-14-2010, 07:54 PM

I will second that.

lalaland
01-14-2010, 07:55 PM
I mean it was really funny to speculate on that:)

Yes, much more fun than discussing his current state in tennis. :p

lalaland
01-14-2010, 08:02 PM
Gillou at Adelaide:
http://twitpic.com/xs70u

http://twitpic.com/y1wxh

http://twitpic.com/xvx74

Great find, Yavor, thanks. I like the autographing one, too bad it's blurry.

No ring, btw ;).

Kezzi
01-14-2010, 08:05 PM
Would be great if he got married! :bounce:
Just don't like it that if he's married he's keeping (surely) hot pics from us. Imagine the guest list, all hot Frenchies, dressed up in the nicest possible way... :hearts:

MsTree
01-14-2010, 08:06 PM
Yes, much more fun than discussing his current state in tennis. :p

Well I think we can all agree on that :lol:

I know he won't but I really wish he'd pull out before the draw is made tonight.
It's to be streamed live btw :) I got the link from GM, still haven't seen exactly where on the site they're streaming it!
http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/news/articles/2010-01-14/201001141263451767218.html

Cloudygirl
01-14-2010, 08:09 PM
Would be great if he got married! :bounce:
Just don't like it that if he's married he's keeping (surely) hot pics from us. Imagine the guest list, all hot Frenchies, dressed up in the nicest possible way... :hearts:

:haha::haha:

and he looks very nice in a suit.

rtgy
01-14-2010, 08:14 PM
Because that mention on his wiki page is obviously solely based upon that bit of interview. I didn't mean I wished they were not married. ;)

now serious(enough of jokes and messing around...hopefully:p): to be perfectly honest I prefer them not to get married, because Gilles is still relatively young for marriage at 25(I think it's little bit early for anyone to get married at that age, no:shrug:) and because he needs to focus on his prof. career right now;):p

tedlesurfeur
01-14-2010, 08:20 PM
now serious(enough of jokes and messing around...hopefully:p): to be perfectly honest I prefer them not to get married, because Gilles is still relatively young for marriage at 25(I think it's little bit early for anyone to get married at that age, no:shrug:) and because he needs to focus on his prof. career right now;):p

Yes. I totally agree with you there Yavor. To me, getting married has to come in the mid-thirties, after something like 5 years of living with your partner, because your life is eventually "stable" and you're more mature. That's the way I see it.

... a long way to go, Yavor :haha:

lalaland
01-14-2010, 08:21 PM
now serious(enough of jokes and messing around...hopefully:p)

Oh, but we are having fun. :D

lalaland
01-14-2010, 08:30 PM
Men :rolleyes:, only think of themselves :p
jok'n :) :p

Ok, I also think it's more ideal to get marry in 30s. But women needs to get marry earlier than men, biological clock clicking, you know.

tedlesurfeur
01-14-2010, 08:34 PM
Men :rolleyes:, only think of themselves :p
jok'n :) :p

Ok, I also think it's more ideal to get marry in 30s. But women needs to get marry earlier than men, biological clock clicking, you know.

Oh, because getting married is a necessity to have babies? :lol: are babies necessary? :lol: I think having a baby at 30 / 35 is just fine. ^^

turtle-rn
01-14-2010, 08:35 PM
so that's their definition in French?
No, not a dictionary definition, but a common take on it in everyday usage.

lalaland
01-14-2010, 08:40 PM
Oh, because getting married is a necessity to have babies? :lol: are babies necessary? :lol: I think having a baby at 30 / 35 is just fine. ^^

ummm, I'm not speaking for myself. I don't like to have kid. But for women, in general, yes, usually they want kids. Having a baby at 30 is fine, at 35, is borderline. Past certain age to have first pregnancy is a risk for the mother (not that you would know), also a risk for baby too to have abnormality. It's easy for men to say to have kids at 35 or older. For woman, there's a lot of thing to be concern about.

Kezzi
01-14-2010, 08:48 PM
I agree, 25 is early to get married. I decided for myself a few years ago that I'll be engaged until I'm at least 30 if anyone proposes to me at a younger age. :p

Kezzi
01-14-2010, 08:52 PM
Me too! When I finish studying I'm probably around 28, so first I need to build a career and then have a kid. :)
And getting married is not even necessary, my grandmother once said that if it was different at that time, she'd never married my grandfather. At first I was like :eek:, but then she explained why. She said it's more difficult to stay together, cause one can leave at anytime. And I agree with that. :) I'd only marry for the romantic idea of it, the dress and the party. :p

lalaland
01-14-2010, 09:09 PM
We are seriously off topic here. :p

But I'm just really saying that Gilles is probably a bit young to get marry, but not his gf. So he has her to think about when considering marriage, well, I think so anyway. So it's really not that surprising if he gets marry soon or if he got married already (not that anyone here is surprised;)). And no, marriage is not a requirement for baby, but most women gets marry bcos of baby so it's a factor for consideration. Well, that's it. Enough of my view on this topic.

rtgy
01-14-2010, 09:11 PM
To me, getting married has to come in the mid-thirties, after something like 5 years of living with your partner, because your life is eventually "stable" and you're more mature. That's the way I see it.

absolutely agree............:worship::worship::worship:

... a long way to go, Yavor :haha:
yes a long way to go, Teddy :rolls:

Oh, but we are having fun. :D

yep great fun(or fuss if you like:p):lol:

good point:yeah: to be honest I don't want to have children;) and I wouldn't!!!

I agree, 25 is early to get married. I decided for myself a few years ago that I'll be engaged until I'm at least 30 if anyone proposes to me at a younger age. :p

well said!;)

MsTree
01-14-2010, 09:34 PM
Ewww kids, all that mess and expense and years of having to look after them :tape:
Cats are much better, leave a bowl on food on the floor, and a window open and they just get on with it themselves, there's not even a choice as far as I'm concerned :lol: Don;t think my biological clock has ever worked properly :p

And as for a ring or lack of it, would he play tennis wearing a ring? Wouldn't he just have it on a chain somewhere, it might give him blisters? I accept all the semantics arguments that he might not have meant wife or might have been speaking in the future tense but it's still more fun to speculate :D

lalaland
01-14-2010, 09:39 PM
Oh, cool...

NK8e0XEBPvg

lalaland
01-14-2010, 09:41 PM
Ewww kids, all that mess and expense and years of having to look after them :tape:
Cats are much better, leave a bowl on food on the floor, and a window open and they just get on with it themselves, there's not even a choice as far as I'm concerned :lol: Don;t think my biological clock has ever worked properly :p

And as for a ring or lack of it, would he play tennis wearing a ring? Wouldn't he just have it on a chain somewhere, it might give him blisters? I accept all the semantics arguments that he might not have meant wife or might have been speaking in the future tense but it's still more fun to speculate :D

I'm not that good looking after myself, I can't even keep my plants alive :o

If the French wears their wedding ring on the left hand, then no, probably won't give him blister :p.

MsTree
01-14-2010, 09:48 PM
He's got a doubled handed BH though. Koyla wears his wedding ring on a chain when he's playing :p
Anyway, I am just looking for ways of prolonging the conversation :) Although that was a nice CC pass in the video :D Nice find!

Keijan
01-14-2010, 10:00 PM
why fuss?
Lala was righ that this 'news' truly cheer things up here after a really dreadful week so far(indeed in the terms of tennis)

I mean it was really funny to speculate on that

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I didn't mean you all here, I meant fuss at wikipedia which assumes from this that he's married when it shouldn't be taken too seriously in my opinion :lol:

I understand though that it can be confusing, but like it has been said here, saying "my wife" in French can be the same of "my girlfriend" if you really love your partner and consider spending your life with them, even if you're not actually married. That comes from the fact that the concepts of "wife" and "woman" are the same word in french : "femme". So what he's saying in his mind could just be "my woman" :p that's all I was saying, I'm sorry if you felt I was attacking someone.

rtgy
01-14-2010, 10:06 PM
Oh, cool...

oh joy....:worship::worship::worship:

MsTree
01-14-2010, 10:13 PM
I don't think anyone thought that Marion :hug: We're just trying to distract ourselves from what may well turn out to be a horrible week ahead :tape:

Cloudygirl
01-14-2010, 10:14 PM
Not too worried watching those videos. Noone looks at all bothered about winning.

lalaland
01-14-2010, 10:17 PM
We're just trying to distract ourselves from what may well turn out to be a horrible week ahead :tape:

Ain't that the truth. :lol:

Keijan
01-14-2010, 10:27 PM
Thanks Leslee :smooch: I read my message again afterwards and recognised it could be bad interpreted, so I wanted to clarify it. But obviously it wasn't needed since no one was offended, at least I hope so.

I still don't think he tried too hard in that Adelaide exhib ;) We might have a good surprise next week :)

MsTree
01-14-2010, 10:35 PM
Anything more than a 1st round exit and I'll be delighted :D Mind you, I'm easy pleased at the best of times :lol:

rtgy
01-14-2010, 10:50 PM
Anything more than a 1st round exit and I'll be delighted :D

luckily I'll be at the uni at that time next week, so I'll miss the painful AO hell:o

lalaland
01-14-2010, 10:56 PM
He will need a little help from the draw, I hope tennis god will be merciful this time, pretty please. :worship:

Speaking of the draw, where the hell is that live feed they promise? :mad:

MsTree
01-14-2010, 11:20 PM
http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/scores/draws/live.html?fpos=r1

I think Gillou has been drawn in Federer's part of the draw but it's difficult to make any sense of :lol: This has started early anyway, wonder if it's just a run through? Or am I being mad with my time zones again?

Andreev, Hewitt, Baghdatis, and Verdasco :eek:

But I'd be :eek:ing no matter who was there :lol:

lalaland
01-14-2010, 11:30 PM
Thanks. I'm watching. He's in line 16, or sth, I think, if I didn't heard wrong. so that will be Fed's quarter. Well, just a guess.

Gilles' Fed's R4. Who's his R3 seed? Thank goodness is not Misha :p. Oh, that got to be Hewitt then. I hope he didn't get Baggy first round or sth. Wrong about Lleyt playing Baggy. oops.
It's fun guessing, but I really like to see the real draw now.

MsTree
01-14-2010, 11:50 PM
Fed has Andreev in R1 apparently? Although how any could keep track of that is beyond me :lol: I'm depending on Mikey for my updates now :D

lalaland
01-14-2010, 11:56 PM
I'm just trying to piece the pieces together by what I heard. So Fed/Andreev R1. They talked about Baggy has a chance for rematch with Hewitt, so hopefully, it means that they meet R1 or R2. Hewitt should be Gilles's R3 opponent. Verdasco on the other side so he won't see unless he got to QF. Well, my guess.

MsTree
01-15-2010, 12:12 AM
http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/scores/draws/ms/index.html

Frederico Gil in R1, Lorenzi or Baggy in R2

lalaland
01-15-2010, 12:14 AM
Damn, Baggy in good form. :mad:
Oh well, could have been worse.

MsTree
01-15-2010, 12:21 AM
Federer(1) vs Andreev
Chela vs Hanescu
Robert vs Starace
Hernandez vs Montanes(31)
Hewitt(22) vs qualifier
C.Rochus vs qualifier
Lorenzi vs Baghdatis
Gil vs Simon (15)
Verdasco (9) vs Ball
qualifier vs Sela
Ram vs qualifier
qualifier vs Ferrero (23)
Monaco (30) vs Gulbis
Vassallo Arguello vs Llodra
Moya vs qualifier
qualifier vs Davydenko (6)

Yes it could've been worse :lol:

Mint Chip
01-15-2010, 12:29 AM
Its a doable draw,too bad his health is questionable :sad:

but-it's-ok
01-15-2010, 06:33 AM
Apart from Baggy,thats a good draw for Gilles!!!

rtgy
01-15-2010, 09:30 AM
Federer(1) vs Andreev
Chela vs Hanescu
Robert vs Starace
Hernandez vs Montanes(31)
Hewitt(22) vs qualifier
C.Rochus vs qualifier
Lorenzi vs Baghdatis
Gil vs Simon (15)
Verdasco (9) vs Ball
qualifier vs Sela
Ram vs qualifier
qualifier vs Ferrero (23)
Monaco (30) vs Gulbis
Vassallo Arguello vs Llodra
Moya vs qualifier
qualifier vs Davydenko (6)

so it's Gil(les) vs. Simon...now that's a draw!:lol:

did Federico is in good shape? :confused: because if he is then Gillou will be in real trouble:o

Yes it could've been worse :lol:

:lol: indeed:tape:
but to be honest I don't expect anything, so.....

Jess22
01-15-2010, 02:45 PM
Not a bad draw, I'm not expecting much either, one win might be nice though ;)

rtgy
01-15-2010, 02:58 PM
off topic:
new day, new statement:

'Simon stated at the World Tennis Challenge 2010 that he was married.'
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gilles_Simon:rolleyes:

we will need to open a marriage thread me thinks:p :lol:

Shooting Star
01-15-2010, 04:18 PM
Hmmm... This is truly heartbreaking news :sad:
I couldn't find anything about it in google, but I guess that doesn't mean it's not true!

rtgy
01-15-2010, 04:26 PM
Hmmm... This is truly heartbreaking news :sad:
I couldn't find anything about it in google, but I guess that doesn't mean it's not true!

yes but don't forget that wiki isn't reliable source;) I'm posting this just for fun:p:lol:

btw, on topic:
G/S h2h: 0 - 0:lol:
http://www.atpworldtour.com/Players/Head-To-Head.aspx?pId=G717&oId=SD32

VAMOS GILLOU!!!:music:

MsTree
01-15-2010, 04:40 PM
Its not heartbreaking news :lol: It's fantastic IF it's true, good luck to both of them :D

And Wiki is still wrong because, as far as we know he didn't state he was married, he said his wife would be his ideal choice of dining companion :angel:

Anyway, yes it's a new day and for some reason I'm slightly more hopeful about his chances. Don't ask me why :lol:

rtgy
01-15-2010, 04:53 PM
Its not heartbreaking news :lol: It's fantastic IF it's true, good luck to both of them :D

:rocker:

And Wiki is still wrong because, as far as we know he didn't state he was married, he said his wife would be his ideal choice of dining companion :angel:

agree ;)

Anyway, yes it's a new day and for some reason I'm slightly more hopeful about his chances. Don't ask me why :lol:

no I wouldn't; I'll simply grant you with one BIG KISS my beautiful snow angel:smooch:
and don't ask me why....:D

rtgy
01-15-2010, 04:59 PM
seriously off topic:

a real snow 'angel' in action...........................

http://www.google.bg/url?source=imgres&ct=tbn&q=http://ncjournal.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/snow_angel.jpg&usg=AFQjCNGiBlGphADpBdPeEOBbykVfqYm1LA

I would never kiss that, btw!!!:o :rolls:

Kezzi
01-15-2010, 05:46 PM
off topic:
new day, new statement:

'Simon stated at the World Tennis Challenge 2010 that he was married.'
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gilles_Simon:rolleyes:

we will need to open a marriage thread me thinks:p :lol:
Think so too. :rolls:

Kezzi
01-15-2010, 05:48 PM
seriously off topic:

a real snow 'angel' in action...........................

I would never kiss that, btw!!!:o :rolls:

MsTree
01-15-2010, 05:52 PM
Is that Ted clearing your path Yavor? :lol:

rtgy
01-15-2010, 06:05 PM

I wish....:inlove: :lol:

no that's not Ted, cause he's a way too hot than this guy;):p

tedlesurfeur
01-15-2010, 06:08 PM
so it's Gil(les) vs. Simon...now that's a draw!:lol:

:haha: Hilarious

Don't be insulting :devil: You would only dream of my ass baby :devil:

I wish....:inlove: :lol:

no that's not Ted, cause he's a way too hot than this guy;):p

And the seeing of my ass only belongs to you. :angel:

rtgy
01-15-2010, 06:17 PM

And the seeing of my ass only belongs to you. :angel:

:angel: addickTED to you:inlove:

tedlesurfeur
01-15-2010, 06:29 PM
I think we're becoming a pain for other members, I've just realized that :haha:

Sorry, dear members, to have you undergo this special relationship we have :haha:

:hatoff:

ps : only Les likes it:devil:

rtgy
01-15-2010, 06:35 PM
I think we're becoming a pain for other members, I've just realized that :haha:

Sorry, dear members, to have you undergo this special relationship we have :haha:

:hatoff:

ps : only Les likes it:devil:

yeah I know it's off topic!!!:rolls:

but I was truly enjoying the 'discussion' so far:lol:

tedlesurfeur
01-15-2010, 06:39 PM
I know, me too :hug: but let's not flood :angel:

rtgy
01-15-2010, 06:47 PM
I know, me too :hug: but let's not flood :angel:

:angel:

MsTree
01-15-2010, 07:31 PM

Don't flatter yourself, I'm only interested in real men, not boys :lol:

Anyway back on topic, the bottom half of the draw play on Monday apparently so we've a while to wait to see Gillou! Can't see one extra days rest making a difference but Allez Gilles anyway :)

rtgy
01-15-2010, 07:42 PM
Don't flatter yourself, I'm only interested in real men, not boys :lol:

ohh come'on be nice with my mate:p he's a great guy:D

Anyway back on topic, the bottom half of the draw play on Monday apparently so we've a while to wait to see Gillou! Can't see one extra days rest making a difference but Allez Gilles anyway :)

I can't believe that he'll play at the AO:o and I'm still mad at him for playing there:fiery:
why is he risking his health for nothing? why? that's beyond me:confused:

lalaland
01-16-2010, 02:19 AM
He is OUT of AO!
http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/news/articles/2010-01-16/201001161263609599281.html?fpos=r2

I'm so sad :sad: but at the same time so please that he made the right choice :worship:

Gilles :hug: :hug: :hug:

Please be back soon but not before you are 100% healthy.

WarriorA
01-16-2010, 02:19 AM
http://au.sports.yahoo.com/news/article/-/6685201/gilles-simon-australian-open

Gillou is out of the AO :(

:sad:

WarriorA
01-16-2010, 02:21 AM
Awww, Franka - you beat me to it.

Today was a really good day until this. Poor Gillou :hug: Must be incredibly frustrating.

lalaland
01-16-2010, 02:26 AM
Awww, Franka - you beat me to it.

Today was a really good day until this. Poor Gillou :hug: Must be incredibly frustrating.

Yes, I was extremely happy today bcos of Bode's win, and then this :sad::sad::sad: Like I said, well this is very sad that he is still troubled by the knee, but it's a good thing that he made the right decision and listen to his body. Having a very mixed feeling now, this news' still kinda upsetting nonetheless.

WarriorA
01-16-2010, 02:33 AM
I was just happy because it's the weekend. Speaking of Winter sports, Shaun White qualified for the 2010 Olympic Games :D

I hope Gilles gets healthy soon.

J'adore.Gilles
01-16-2010, 02:45 AM
:sad::sobbing::crying2::hysteric::tears::awww:

get well soon gilles :tennis:

lalaland
01-16-2010, 02:46 AM
I was just happy because it's the weekend. Speaking of Winter sports, Shaun White qualified for the 2010 Olympic Games :D

Good for Shaun, never thought he would miss anyway. Wasn't too sure about Bode since he's been injured and very slowly getting back into form. Now I'm feeling so much better of his chance to Whistler. He just get his first win in almost 2 years :D.

Anyhow. Just read the news on L'Equipe, Gilles really came to his senses :p after Adelaide. He thought there's too much risk to not only causes more damage to his already injured knee, he worries about causing other injuries because of trying to compensate his knee (well, I trust Google translation for all these info, if they are wrong, it's Google's fault ;)). Anyway, he made the most sensible choice. Good for him, really, good for him.

lalaland
01-16-2010, 03:10 AM
I must say, I'm feeling incredibly sad at the moment, caused I just remembered that I'm taking next week off work to watch tennis and my 2 fave Frenchies are both out of the tournament :crying2::crying2::crying2: poor me!

WarriorA
01-16-2010, 03:25 AM
That sucks. Hopefully you have others in your fave hierarchy to still make the week worthwhile.

madeinburma
01-16-2010, 03:38 AM
:sad: i was really looking forward to seeing him this past year. oh well. i guess it's a bit of a relief that he's doing a sensible thing at least. we'd rather see him do well for this coming season than hurt himself further now eh? but it still makes me wanna cry! i wonder if he's in melbourne now....

wow..no gilles..no marat..no dmitry in AO..:sad:

madeinburma
01-16-2010, 03:55 AM
Oh, Gilles wasn't wearing a ring when he played in Adelaide.

lalaland
01-16-2010, 04:04 AM
That sucks. Hopefully you have others in your fave hierarchy to still make the week worthwhile.

I just have to actually watch the tennis ;). Ha, kidding, of course I watch the tennis.
There's few players that I dislike, so I'm sure I'll still be watching 12 hrs a day regardless.

:sad: i was really looking forward to seeing him this past year. oh well. i guess it's a bit of a relief that he's doing a sensible thing at least. we'd rather see him do well for this coming season than hurt himself further now eh? but it still makes me wanna cry! i wonder if he's in melbourne now....
I felt exactly the same, relief but sad :hug:

wow..no gilles..no marat..no dmitry in AO..:sad:
:hug::hug::hug:you need those hugs even more than me.

madeinburma
01-16-2010, 04:11 AM
:hug::hug::hug:you need those hugs even more than me.

lol..thanks..hugs right back at ya..
i even took off a few days from work to go to AO..i don't even know if i should bother anymore..

lalaland
01-16-2010, 04:21 AM
lol..thanks..hugs right back at ya..
i even took off a few days from work to go to AO..i don't even know if i should bother anymore..

Ahh. Well, I think you should just go there and soak up the excitement of the event. Aussie Open is known as the fun slam, isn't it? Oh well, if you decide to go, I hope you have a lot of fun.

MsTree
01-16-2010, 06:29 AM
Good decision Gillou :hug: You need to look after yourself and get better properly! :D

Truc
01-16-2010, 08:34 AM
As for me, I'm not a bit sad, just relieved he finally saw sense - it was about time! That little stunt says a lot about his character. And also about the (lack of) influence of the people around him.
Anyhow. Just read the news on L'Equipe, Gilles really came to his senses :p after Adelaide. He thought there's too much risk to not only causes more damage to his already injured knee, he worries about causing other injuries because of trying to compensate his knee (well, I trust Google translation for all these info, if they are wrong, it's Google's fault ;)).Yes, that's pretty much it. He also says that his game wasn't looking that bad in training, but he has no confidence in his footwork/stances when he hits the ball. It's very hard for him to move normally. He's been trying for 2 weeks to increase the effort a little bit with each day, but he can't. He admits he's not ready at all to play best of 5 matches in those conditions. The risk to injure himself badly is higher than his chances to be able to play properly. It would really take "a miracle" for everything to go well. After one hour of play he feels like he might injure every part of his body, not only his knee. His abdominals were burning after just one match. It's too hard.
He will undergo another MRI in Paris and resume the treatment. He hopes to be able to start again the training in 10 days, but has no idea how long it will take to be able to play in tournaments.
At least he won't have any regret and will have tried everything. The journalist calls him a "Doubting Thomas" (= he needs to see it in order to believe it).

(I'm feeling quite bad for Ventura who would have been in if Gilles wasn't so stubborn, he lost in the last round of the qualies and hasn't been drawn as the LL.)

PinkFeatherBoa
01-16-2010, 08:38 AM
I'm glad Gilles took the right decision finally. Hope he is fully fit and back on the tour soon though, looking forward to seeing him in Rotterdam.

Puschkin
01-16-2010, 08:55 AM
I was always sceptic about him going down under, I feel it was the right thing to withdraw, but sorry for those who wanted to see him. Get well soon. Gilles. I miss your interviews. :sad:

tedlesurfeur
01-16-2010, 09:30 AM
Oh, my, I've just learned about Gilles pulling out. Losing his QF points, does that mean he will be out of the top 20?

sammy01
01-16-2010, 10:12 AM
crappy news, hope his knees better soon. urghhhh the sexiest player out of the oz open :sad:

rtgy
01-16-2010, 10:22 AM
He is OUT of AO!
http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/news/articles/2010-01-16/201001161263609599281.html?fpos=r2

Gillou:hug:

Please be back soon but not before you are 100% healthy.

:rocker2:

ALLEZ GILLOU!!!

rtgy
01-16-2010, 11:29 AM
Oh, my, I've just learned about Gilles pulling out. Losing his QF points, does that mean he will be out of the top 20?

no clue, but that's not the issue at the moment!!! it was the only rightful decision at the current situation!!!:cool:

crappy news, hope his knees better soon. urghhhh the sexiest player out of the oz open :sad:

:lol: :hug:

Truc
01-16-2010, 11:42 AM
A long audio interview on the FFT website:
http://www.fft.fr/open-australie/2010/?ID=5821

Also on the first page:
"Je ne sens pas de douleur mais je crains qu'elle revienne. Je ne suis pas prêt."
I don't feel any pain, but I'm afraid it might come back. I'm not ready.

And a summary of the audio interview:
It's not a problem of pain, but of lack of confidence in his knee. He took the decision yesterday, it seemed the most sensible thing to do. The risk that things would turn out badly if he played was too high.
He will go back home and work on his leg to strengthen it so he can play without any apprehension. He just can't play like that.
He's disappointed, but he was prepared to it. He knew that it was going to be a 50/50 story and that it would depend on the daily improvements. And it didn't improve fast enough. So all in all, there's no disappointment. He knows there was no chance for him to do well on the court anyway.
The matches in Adelaide were important to test his knee, even if it was just 2 sets. The match against Steps was rather encouraging. But the next day, things became tougher. And even tougher on the 3rd day, while he was hoping it would get better with each day, on the contrary. So if he can't even play 2 sets, there's no point in going out there to play best of 5 matches.
The doc had warned him it was 2-3 weeks too early for his knee in his opinion.
He has sometimes played with niggling little injuries in the past, but this one is different, each time he's thrown back it is a matter of weeks or even months, so he can't afford to not take it seriously. He'll do everything required to get the knee sorted now. He will come back when he's ready, there's no hurry.
Those few matches showed that he plays quite well apart from the issues with his movement, he was striking the ball well when he didn't have to run. It's rather reassuring. He's done a lot of work out during the break, he hopes the work on his serve and his volley will also pay off and it's no wasted time.
But really, he can't say now when he's going to be back on the tour. "Rotterdam, Marseille, Dubai, the Davis Cup or even the States... I'll see."

Truc
01-16-2010, 12:12 PM
I love he's so honest about it, it's great for us. He must be aware it was a quite silly move, so he's brave to be so honest about the whole story, about what the doc had told him, etc.!
Good to know that he's not in pain and just finally realized it doesn't make sense - it was unnecessary, but he probably didn't aggravate the knee, just delayed the recovery for a couple of weeks, which really is no big deal.

Kezzi
01-16-2010, 12:25 PM
I'm glad Gilles took the right decision finally. Hope he is fully fit and back on the tour soon though, looking forward to seeing him in Rotterdam.
Me too!

Get well soon Gillou! :hug:

rtgy
01-16-2010, 01:11 PM
I love he's so honest about it, it's great for us. He must be aware it was a quite silly move, so he's brave to be so honest about the whole story, about what the doc had told him, etc.!

why do I'm not surprised.........hmmmmm:rolleyes:

Good to know that he's not in pain and just finally realized it doesn't make sense - it was unnecessary, but he probably didn't aggravate the knee, just delayed the recovery for a couple of weeks, which really is no big deal.

well thank heavens......he finally take the right decision;)

Thax Fran, you're amazing:hug:

MsTree
01-16-2010, 01:19 PM
Thanks for the translation Fran! :D

I'm so relieved he's come to his senses :D:D:D

turtle-rn
01-16-2010, 02:22 PM
I'm so relieved he's come to his senses :D:D:D
Ditto. :D

Shooting Star
01-16-2010, 03:29 PM
Awww bless him! He must be gutted, he obviously really wanted to play to risk it even after what the doctor said, so he must be really sad now :sad:
But this is definately the right decision, if his knee isn't right, his knee isn't right, no matter how much he wants to play, or how much we want to see him in all his glory! Still very sad though, but sort of happy he's given up now, rather than mid-match having made it worse....

Jess22
01-16-2010, 03:46 PM
Thank god :D get well soon Gillou, worse bit is we won't get to see him for a while still :sad:

lalaland
01-16-2010, 06:21 PM
Thanks Fran, for the translate.

He drops 1 spot after the AO points drop. And then depends on how the players behind him do in AO, like Haas/Ferrer will need at least R4 to past him, Misha/Wawa/Rusty need Qf... I'll say he will stay in top 20 after AO.

anaquot
01-16-2010, 11:32 PM
Meh! But it is a smart decision, I almost wish he'd made a similar one last season.

WarriorA
01-17-2010, 06:03 AM
Hi Autumn!! :hug: Great to have you back! :D

I forgot we missed your turning the big '3-oh' over New Years'; Welcome to the club :D Happy belated b-day!

Truc
01-17-2010, 07:37 AM
The article in L'Equipe, I was hoping they would interview Tulasne, but there's nothing really new:
Simon, option sagesse
S’estimant à court de préparation, le Français a décidé de tirer un trait sur l’Open d’Australie.

GILLES SIMON a renoncé à disputer l’Open d’Australie, et c’est un soulagement. Moins pour le principal intéressé, pourtant serein à l’annonce de son forfait, que pour le corps médical de la Fédération française, qui ne voyait pas forcément d’un bon oeil son « opération marche forcée » sur Melbourne. Handicapé durant le second semestre 2009 par une fissure au tendon sous-rotulien, le Français avait mis à profit l’intersaison pour prendre quatre semaines de repos complet, suivre trois semaines de soins et subir deux IRM. La seconde, passée le 31 décembre, avait montré une diminution de la lésion de 11 à 6 millimètres. Un diagnostic suffisamment « optimiste » pour l’inciter à reprendre l’entraînement le lendemain à doses homéopathiques. Mais la course contre la montre était presque perdue d’avance. Pour le coup raisonnable, Simon en est convenu hier. À Adélaïde, où il a disputé cette semaine une exhibition, le Français a vite montré les limites de son coup de poker. Face à Stepanek, Ginepri et Tomic, il ne gagna en tout et pour tout qu’un set. « Le premier match était encourageant, mais ça n’a été qu’en empirant, reconnut-il hier. J’essayais de monter en intensité à l’entraînement, mais le vrai révélateur, ce sont les matches. Or, je n’ai jamais passé l’heure de jeu. J’avais l’impression de pouvoir tout me casser. Je n’avais pas la capacité de jouer deux sets, je me suis dit que ça allait être dur d’en disputer cinq... » Davantage que la douleur, supportable, c’est son manque évident de préparation et l’appréhension suscitée par l’état de son genou qui firent finalement pencher la balance.
« Je ne me fixe plus aucune échéance »
« C’est simple, je n’arrive pas à planter ma jambe, admit-il. Je ne peux pas prendre mes appuis normaux sans avoir peur sur chaque frappe. Je ne peux quand même pas passer tout mon temps à compenser... Quinze jours d’entraînement n’ont pas suffi à me mettre à niveau et en confiance. Dans ces cas-là, mieux vaut ne pas insister. » Même s’il admet que son choix initial lui a « fait perdre deux semaines » pour son futur rétablissement, Simon ne verse pas dans l’autoflagellation. Ni dans la déprime. « Ce n’est pas trop dur à vivre parce que je m’étais préparé à cette issue, expliqua-t-il. Honnêtement, il y avait plus de chances que ça finisse mal que bien. Dès le début, je le savais. Aujourd’hui, je me dis que j’aurai au moins essayé… »
Dès samedi soir, le Français grimpait dans le premier avion. Une fois arrivé à Paris, il passera une nouvelle IRM et prendra l’avis du docteur Montalvan, le médecin de la FFT et de l’équipe de France de Coupe Davis. Mais il ne tire plus aucun plan sur la comète. « Je vais probablement reprendre les soins et travailler notamment sur une machine qui renforce les quadriceps et les ischio-jambiers, prévoit-il. Mais je ne me fixe plus aucune échéance. Je ne rejouerai sur le circuit que lorsqu’une IRM aura donné des résultats satisfaisants. Le doc m’avait dit que je reprenais deux ou trois semaines trop tôt. Voilà, il m’a manqué ces trois semaines pour être prêt... Une chose est sûre : je ne referai plus de course contre la montre. Je ne reviendrai que lorsque je m’en sentirai capable. » Sa participation au premier tour de Coupe Davis contre l’Allemagne (5-7 mars) a du plomb dans l’aile. Mais là n’est vraiment pas la priorité du moment.
VINCENT COGNET
It's the same as the other articles. It does stress that the docs and physios of the FFT didn't like the fact he wanted to play there and it was a relief for them when he decided to pull out.
The journalist writes that the pain was "bearable", so he might still be a little bit in pain too.
He's calm and serene. Not shattered because he knew from the beginning that his chances to be able to play were not high. But no "self-flagellation" either, he admits he "lost 2 weeks" for his recovery when he decided to come down under, but he wanted to give it a try.
He honestly admits that the doc was right and those 3 weeks he tried to bypass would have been necessary. He sounds very determined to listen to the doc, he says he will do the required exercises to strengthen his quadriceps and his hamstring, etc.
He swears he will only be back when the MRI results are good this time. "No race against the clock anymore".
He took a flight back to France on Saturday evening.

but-it's-ok
01-17-2010, 06:10 PM
I'm relieved by his decision and satisfied he hasn't taken any risks with his health.

Hope you're soon fully fit Gillou:hug:

MsTree
01-18-2010, 07:12 PM
I'm missing him already :sad: However absence makes the heart grow fonder... as if that was possible ;)

Scotso
01-18-2010, 09:07 PM
It's definitely both good and bad. I'm glad he's doing the right thing and getting well, but at the same time it makes the Australian Open much less interesting for me.

turtle-rn
01-18-2010, 09:21 PM
Support Lena! she will need some. :scared:

lalaland
01-18-2010, 09:36 PM
I'm missing him already :sad: However absence makes the heart grow fonder... as if that was possible ;)

me too.

It's definitely both good and bad. I'm glad he's doing the right thing and getting well, but at the same time it makes the Australian Open much less interesting for me.

me too.

lalaland
01-18-2010, 09:45 PM
Support Lena! she will need some. :scared:

Lena got a rotten deal. I'll send all my vibes to her but it probably won't help much.
I didn't take a look at the women draw, only find out how awful it was yesterday, Maria Vs Maria, Chakky vs Flavia, Peng vs Li and then Lena got Justin in R2 :eek:, wholly suck.

turtle-rn
01-18-2010, 10:16 PM
Lena peaked too early once again, easily booting Safina, Azarenka & Serena last week although none of them did try really hard; Azarenka didn't even bother shrieking half of the match.. :rolleyes: It will be another story against Henin. Hopefully, Justine will still lack endurance if Lena can keep her running.

lalaland
01-19-2010, 12:24 AM
If that Sydney final is of any indication, then I'm not that hopeful, who could tell these 2 were retired just 6 months ago, unreal. I like to know what they eat in Belgium, and have some.

WarriorA
01-19-2010, 12:34 AM
The Clijsters-Henin Brisbane final was awesome. I actually watched the whole thing and I rarely watch an entire match, even Gilles or Stan.

I miss Gillou a lot now. :sad: I'd even be willing to not sleep through the middle sets of a five-setter just to see him.

lalaland
01-19-2010, 12:53 AM
Oh, right, I do mean Brisbane, or whatever that city was. It happened too long ago :lol:. Between then and now, I've watched a lot of tennis already.

WarriorA
01-19-2010, 12:56 AM
I knew that's what you meant. It's funny now that you say it that it does seem like a really long time ago :lol:

MsTree
01-19-2010, 01:06 AM
I can't do the shrieking so rarely watch WTA but even I got sucked into watched the Brisbane Final too :lol:

Just woken up and now I've been sucked into Ball - Verdasco :D I wish Eurosport had more than 2 channels though :(

lalaland
01-19-2010, 01:11 AM
Season just began 15 days ago but I was so hungry to watch tennis after off-season that I pretty much watched everything since, plus that 12 hrs that I log in yesterday, sometimes watching 3 matches at a time :lol:. It's getting a bit hard to remember who played when and where :p. But joking aside, that Kimmy/Henin match was awesome.

lalaland
01-19-2010, 01:14 AM
I'm watching Ball too (along with Gael's match), he looks like Cahill :p. He played very well so far, I hope he keeps it up.

WarriorA
01-19-2010, 01:50 AM
Just woken up and now I've been sucked into Ball

Can't quite say I'm in the same predicament. :p

I'm getting sleepy and only have Serena/U.Radwanska available. :( I'm trying to avoid infecting my computer with all of the spyware from the livestreams.

I was pleased to see Kirilenko oust Sharapova, mostly to rid of some of the shrieking.

MsTree
01-19-2010, 06:14 PM
Use Spybot if you don't already :) http://www.safer-networking.org/index2.html

What a mad day of tennis! I'm just catching up now, there's not enough time for work, sleep and tennis, sleep's definitely going to have to take a hit this fortnight :lol:

lalaland
01-19-2010, 07:20 PM
I love Grand Slam, eventhough Gilles' not in this one. It was an awesome day of tennis. I watched the whole 5 hr epic match between Richie and Misha. What a match. :worship:. Saw the beginning of Toad's match but I switched bcos he was winning, then I get back to watch the last 2 set to see him got booted, delightful. Andreev was okay, I'm glad he gave Fed a scare, I was expecting a complete beatdown since he's in aweful form lately, but he only got bageled once :p.

turtle-rn
01-19-2010, 08:01 PM
I didn't watch anything but am quite pleased with some of the results. :dance: Feel tempted to watch Lena's match tomorrow morning (according to Henin's coach, her Brisbane final two weeks ago was just a fluke! Let's hope he's not just playing mind games. :devil:)

Chardy! :help:

MsTree
01-19-2010, 08:22 PM
Poor Jim :bigcry:

lalaland
01-19-2010, 08:30 PM
(according to Henin's coach, her Brisbane final two weeks ago was just a fluke! Let's hope he's not just playing mind games. :devil:)

Yes, very believable :rolleyes:, good try Carlos.
I'm for sure watching, Idk, maybe, just maybe... Davai Lena.

Oh, Chardy, wtf. I'm very concern. Also very concern for JCF, losing 4,1,1 after leading by 2 sets :rolleyes:? But I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt that his ankle was still not good enough to play a 5 setters. And Boredo, what's happening with him :confused:? Not a big fan but still like him (for his look if nothing :o) I just don't understand him at all.

lalaland
01-19-2010, 08:58 PM
Berdych vs Korolev on court 19? you can't be serious :banghead: it's not a show court dammit :mad:. I was so looking forward to see this ballbashing contest :p. Lalo vs Schuettler on show court 2 :rolleyes:.

WarriorA
01-20-2010, 03:50 AM
I'm a bit surprised that Korolev took Berdych in straight sets. I would have loved to have seen that match as well.

WarriorA
01-20-2010, 03:52 AM
Use Spybot if you don't already :) http://www.safer-networking.org/index2.html

What a mad day of tennis! I'm just catching up now, there's not enough time for work, sleep and tennis, sleep's definitely going to have to take a hit this fortnight :lol:

Thanks Les, I appreciate it. :) I do have Spybot. I just try to avoid linking my computer up with dirty places when I don't absolutely have to. :p

I'd prefer to leave out work, and go for sleep and tennis - but I'll have to do the same as you. :lol:

lalaland
01-20-2010, 10:02 AM
She has SP in both sets and lost it. Don't watch if you haven't, or you may lose some hair.

turtle-rn
01-20-2010, 04:51 PM
Poor Jim :bigcry:
Given the scoreline, I doubt he put much of a fight out there and felt particularly disappointed by the result. Not good for confidence for sure.

She has SP in both sets and lost it. Don't watch if you haven't, or you may lose some hair.
Hardly. I was livescoring until 3/3 0-40 down on Lena's serve in the first set, then logged in here to answer PMs and totally forgot about the match. When I switched back, it was over. I'm that good. ^_^

MsTree
01-20-2010, 08:09 PM
I missed DelPo-Blake :( The dvdr didn't play the game today, it recorded 5 hours of daytime tv instead :o

How many PMs did you have to answer Nat? :eek:

turtle-rn
01-20-2010, 09:35 PM
Haha, no I didn't answer PMs for one hour and a half. I forgot about the match and went on doing other stuff elsewhere; when I noticed I still had another Firefox button in the taskbar, the match was over.

lalaland
01-21-2010, 01:03 AM
Hardly. I was livescoring until 3/3 0-40 down on Lena's serve in the first set, then logged in here to answer PMs and totally forgot about the match. When I switched back, it was over. I'm that good. ^_^

You are good, Nat. :yeah:

Baggy down 2 sets and broke 2 rackets in a roll at changeover :eek:, only got 1 violation though ;). Pics is back in his old form. Kolya's rolling thru another victim :yawn:.

WarriorA
01-21-2010, 03:30 AM
Wow :eek: What an awesome match. Baggy rocks :rocker2: I'm impressed that he managed not to hurt himself with his Clijsters-like splits and survived the cramping.

lalaland
01-21-2010, 05:06 AM
Apparently, Baggy broke 3 rackets in a roll, I miscounted :o, and then he came back to win the next 3 sets, it's like magic ;). But then, I don't think this 5 setters was as exciting as the other 2 (Misha's & DelPo's). Pics' littering errors left & right and Baggy was only cramping at the very end of the 5th (as compare to Misha cramping for the entire 5th set ;)). Nevertheless, it's great effort, and pretty awesome to see him came back, cos I can't wait for another Hewitt-Baggy midnight match, the drama :devil:. Just hope that Rusty will do his share to get past Young to get to R3.

At the other end of the spectrum, Misha's match can't be any easier, nice award for his hard fight to win that 5-setter the other day. I'm picking him as my darkhorse, he got a great draw (after R1).

lalaland
01-21-2010, 07:47 PM
Ooooops. But Les, you know that won't happen ;).

turtle-rn
01-22-2010, 02:06 AM
Kleybanova is one set, one break up! http://yelims1.free.fr/Banane/Banane34.gif

lalaland
01-22-2010, 02:35 AM
She gave the break back.

You better have anti-jinx in your post :p :tape:

Lalo, hang in there, give me sth to cheer for. Vamos.

MsTree
01-22-2010, 02:54 AM
Ooooops. But Les, you know that won't happen ;).

I wondered what that was about and then I remembered :devil:

I would've sprung Nat too but I'd repped him too recently :lol:

Fecking Eurosport!!! Roddick's getting a hammering and they're showing wta on both channels :o

oops my bad, eyes haven't woken up yet :o

turtle-rn
01-22-2010, 03:01 AM
She gave the break back.

You better have anti-jinx in your post :p :tape:
Nah, I was just testing my jinx power, glad to see it's still there. I'll have more important opportunities to use it than merely avenging Lena's ghost. :p

MsTree
01-22-2010, 03:08 AM
In the next match on HiSense by any chance? :lol:

turtle-rn
01-22-2010, 03:09 AM
I would've sprung Nat too but I'd repped him too recently :lol:
:scratch:

turtle-rn
01-22-2010, 03:11 AM
In the next match on HiSense by any chance? :lol:
Oh ok I get it. Rest reassured, nope. :p

lalaland
01-22-2010, 03:12 AM
I wondered what that was about and then I remembered :devil:
:D

Nah, I was just testing my jinx power, glad to see it's still there. I'll have more important opportunities to use it than merely avenging Lena's ghost. :p

You did well. Use it wisely then ;).

C'mon Gonzo, I want a 5th set.

MsTree
01-22-2010, 03:15 AM
:lol: Lala had me scratching my head too, I totally forgot I'd repped her on Serra's thread :devil:

2 mugs of coffee in and I'm just about ready! :D Will have Gael's match on a livestream too :)

lalaland
01-22-2010, 03:31 AM
:lol: Lala had me scratching my head too, I totally forgot I'd repped her on Serra's thread :devil:

You repped me for helping to jinx Flo ;), no? :p
Flo doesn't need my help, he'll have no trouble losing all by himself :p

Wonder if I should still hold hope for Lalo, at least get to the 5th :devil:.

Yay, 5th set for Zhenya and Gonzo. Zhenya's taking ballbashing to the highest level, he's making Gonzo looks finesse :p. I rather like this kid, maybe he can bash Ducky off court next match if it turns out to be him and Duck. Go Gonzo.

MsTree
01-22-2010, 03:41 AM
It's a Puschkin trick I quite like :D Whenever I post something she disagrees with I get an "I can see you" good rep :lol: Makes me smile anyway :D

MsTree
01-22-2010, 04:28 AM
Flo's pulling out all the stops, Andy's had to raise his game but his utter lack of 1st serve is telling!

Poor Gael :sad: a 19 minute set :eek:

MsTree
01-22-2010, 04:46 AM
Has something happened? Richie's forum had 168 people viewing it just now, so I popped in to have a look and there was only one other member apart from me and 166 guests! :lol:

lalaland
01-22-2010, 04:58 AM
Just now, I saw there was 442 viewers :lol:, almost more than # of viewers in GM. Maybe it's being attacked by some spambots or sth :p. He's not even playing atm.

MsTree
01-22-2010, 05:04 AM
Spambots is a good term to describe 95% of his fans :lol: Maybe they're just in stealth mode, either that or kindergarten's finished early today :haha:

Note to Puschkin, Cloudygirl and Keijan - you all make the 5% :devil:

lalaland
01-22-2010, 05:08 AM
Oh Les, you are killing me :rolls:.

MsTree
01-22-2010, 05:10 AM
What, are you Federer in disguise or something :haha:

lalaland
01-22-2010, 05:15 AM
If I was him, I should be saying, "you are killing me, %#^%$&*@$@#%..."

MsTree
01-22-2010, 05:18 AM

The BBC commentators are giving Flo are right good slagging for taking a medical timeout for his elbow graze :lol:

lalaland
01-22-2010, 05:21 AM
They shouldn't be so hard on him, he's being streamrolled by their guy.

lalaland
01-22-2010, 05:23 AM
wow, DelPo got bagelled :eek:, which 1 of his many injuries is hurting him?

MsTree
01-22-2010, 05:33 AM
Wrist apparently.

You're right, they should be more kind to Flo, he's putting up a decent fight and it was 50-50 in the first set.

Wish I could find a working stream for Gael's match! Looks as if it's just getting interesting!

lalaland
01-22-2010, 05:37 AM
I'm watching on ESPN360. You can't find a stream? have you try livescorehunter? http://www.livescorehunter.com/Livescores/Livescore-Tennis.html they have many streams it seems.

Puschkin
01-22-2010, 05:38 AM
It's a Puschkin trick I quite like :D Whenever I post something she disagrees with I get an "I can see you" good rep :lol: Makes me smile anyway :D

???? Do I ever disagree with you? :p

MsTree
01-22-2010, 05:41 AM
???? Do I ever disagree with you? :p

:devil: Sometimes but I love you anyway :hug:

Puschkin
01-22-2010, 05:44 AM
:devil: Sometimes but I love you anyway :hug:
Would you prefer bad reps on disagreements then? ;)

MsTree
01-22-2010, 05:52 AM
Now you're just fishing :devil: I already said it was something you did that I liked :lol:

Got Gael on Eurosport now :) I'm surprised they found time to show a men's match, there can't be any WTA on just now :o

Oh and I feel bad for laughing with the commentators (although they were really funny) as Andy said in his post match interview that he didn't want to take the time out but the umpire made him! I missed that in all the slagging, oops! :)

Puschkin
01-22-2010, 05:56 AM
Got Gael on Eurosport now :) I'm surprised they found time to show a men's match,

I took the Eurosport Media Player for six matches at the same time, and I am watching Gael, too. Isner is huge on serve, and the rest is not bad either, I hope Gael will get through, but it will require a huge effort. :unsure:

MsTree
01-22-2010, 06:00 AM
I like Isner but I want Gael to get through. He'll have to concentrate :tape: but he could do it!

Puschkin
01-22-2010, 06:14 AM
He'll have to concentrate :tape:
For the time being it looks good. Maybe the Marseillaise will help for a break. :D

MsTree
01-22-2010, 06:21 AM
Oh come on Gael!!!

Brave shot on game point! :D

I have to go to work now :sad: See you all later! :wavey:

lalaland
01-22-2010, 06:29 AM
:wavey:

lalaland
01-22-2010, 08:02 AM
Oh. Kimmy :o:o:o

rtgy
01-22-2010, 10:10 AM
Oh come on Gael!!!

Brave shot on game point! :D

ohh Gael.............:sad::sad::sad:

turtle-rn
01-22-2010, 07:05 PM
Kim! :eek:

Jelena & Bartoli :dance:

turtle-rn
01-22-2010, 07:09 PM
Just now, I saw there was 442 viewers :lol:, almost more than # of viewers in GM. Maybe it's being attacked by some spambots or sth :p. He's not even playing atm.
Peyre is alledgely in China atm, working for the Chinese Federation; for what it's worth. :lol:

Spambots is a good term to describe 95% of his fans :lol:
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to MsTree again."

turtle-rn
01-22-2010, 07:11 PM
I bet half of my v-cash on Kubot. That should be enough to do the trick.

The other half for Misha's next opponent. :rocker2:

Cloudygirl
01-22-2010, 07:17 PM
Spambots is a good term to describe 95% of his fans :lol: Maybe they're just in stealth mode, either that or kindergarten's finished early today :haha:

Note to Puschkin, Cloudygirl and Keijan - you all make the 5% :devil:

nice disclaimer there :devil:

Any news on Gilles btw. I keep checking to see if he's given any dates for when he's likely to be back etc.

Can't believe Gael lost. Was it a good match I'm debating watching it on europort player.

lalaland
01-22-2010, 08:16 PM
Peyre is alledgely in China atm, working for the Chinese Federation; for what it's worth. :lol:
I saw him in one of the Chinese woman's match. So he's putting the Chinese's massive man power to good use ;).

I bet half of my v-cash on Kubot. That should be enough to do the trick.
The other half for Misha's next opponent. :rocker2:
True test to your power. If it works, you should consider selling it, I bet Fed will give you a call soon enough before his Kolya's match ;).

nice disclaimer there :devil:
Any news on Gilles btw. I keep checking to see if he's given any dates for when he's likely to be back etc.

There's a bit of news in the News Thread if you haven't caught that. The paper said lesion down to 4mm, he's getting a lot of treatment everyday, no set day for return, maybe Marseilles, Dubai or IW. I take that it means Rotterdam is likely a no go. He will get his first zero-pointer of the year before he gets a pt :p, he won't care of course, I just like to say the word zero-pointer, it's fun to say it somehow idk why :).

MsTree
01-22-2010, 08:17 PM
:hug: to all my favourite Gasquetaires :D

Fran posted on the news thread that Gillou is healing nicely. Will be at least a month yet though!

I've just watched Stan's match v Marin, I like them both but I'm just about crying, poor Stan :sad: how cruel :(

MsTree
01-22-2010, 08:21 PM
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to MsTree again."

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to turtle-rn again." :hug:

Cloudygirl
01-22-2010, 08:31 PM
I can't bring myself to watch Stan lose. :(

MsTree
01-22-2010, 08:36 PM
It was horrible, he had such cruel bad luck, I'm gutted :bigcry:

Cloudygirl
01-22-2010, 08:49 PM
I used to hate Stan but I really like him now :(

Keijan
01-22-2010, 09:01 PM
Spambots is a good term to describe 95% of his fans Maybe they're just in stealth mode, either that or kindergarten's finished early today

Note to Puschkin, Cloudygirl and Keijan - you all make the 5%

:rolls: I know, we just rock :cool:
You're part of the 5% too, Leslee chérie -don't deny it, I know you like Richie deep inside :p

Can't believe Gael lost. Was it a good match I'm debating watching it on europort player.

Don't watch that for tennis sake :sobbing: it was a :smash: performance from Gaël, to be forgotten as soon as possible. I'm soo angry and sad about it. I had that feeling he was going to go far this year :sad:

Cloudygirl
01-22-2010, 09:04 PM
I had him beating Murray looking at his form from the end of last year. So I should be glad he didnt win I guess, but I can't be. He is very talented so it's frustrating when he doesn't do what he's capable of.

MsTree
01-22-2010, 09:13 PM
:eek: You once hated Stan? :o I would ask why but it was obviously a painful and fucked up time for you so I won't ask you to go there :hug: He's such a cutie, nice arse, beautiful 1 handed BH (gives me chills in a way no other 1 handed BH does) I was even cheering for him against Andy at Wimby last year (only for the fourth set though) ;)
I'm still gutted for him :sad: wish I hadn't watched that match, the last 20 minutes I was transfixed in horror! :tape:

MsTree
01-22-2010, 09:15 PM
You're part of the 5% too, Leslee chérie -don't deny it, I know you like Richie deep inside :p

:lol: Good one :devil: Aye, I'm actually Richie21 in disguise :lol:

Keijan
01-22-2010, 09:33 PM
I had him beating Murray looking at his form from the end of last year. So I should be glad he didnt win I guess, but I can't be. He is very talented so it's frustrating when he doesn't do what he's capable of.

I don't know about beating Mandy, but it would definitely have been a very interesting match up between the two, and such a more honorable way had he lost to end the tournament that to bow before Isner :( but the clay season is coming, and this year will be his year I'm telling you :cool:

Aye, I'm actually Richie21 in disguise

:eek: nooo :sobbing: my whole theory that richie21 was actually Peyre in disguise completely crumbles then :devil:

MsTree
01-22-2010, 09:39 PM
Ooooh good theory :D Because there is definitely something weird going on there! :lol: Too bitter and twisted to be a real Richie fan, as most of them seem to be made of candy floss :p :hug:

turtle-rn
01-22-2010, 09:43 PM
I saw him in one of the Chinese woman's match. So he's putting the Chinese's massive man power to good use ;).
Cyber-attacks seem to become a Chinese specialty as of late; Google can tell. :o

True test to your power. If it works, you should consider selling it, I bet Fed will give you a call soon enough before his Kolya's match ;).
It's a common practice on here. Either it works and I'm happy or it doesn't and I'm v-rich. It's a win-win situation. :D

Fed can call all he wants, he'll still need his checkbook if he wants me to leave his voodoo doll alone.

Keijan
01-22-2010, 09:54 PM
Ooooh good theory :D Because there is definitely something weird going on there! :lol: Too bitter and twisted to be a real Richie fan, as most of them seem to be made of candy floss :p :hug:

And we're proud of it :music: (or not :unsure: :lol:)

Bed time for me, I need to be awake and fit to watch Tsonga tomorrow at 9am :angel: my last favorite in the draw, I can't believe they all lost before the 3rd round :(
Bonne nuit ma chérie :smooch: ;)

MsTree
01-22-2010, 09:58 PM
Niteynite sweetie :hug: Good luck to Jo tomorrow :)