2010 Australian season no more. Get Well, Gilles. [Archive] - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

2010 Australian season no more. Get Well, Gilles.

Pages : 1 [2]

Cloudygirl
01-22-2010, 10:08 PM
:eek: You once hated Stan? :o I would ask why but it was obviously a painful and fucked up time for you so I won't ask you to go there :hug: He's such a cutie, nice arse, beautiful 1 handed BH (gives me chills in a way no other 1 handed BH does) I was even cheering for him against Andy at Wimby last year (only for the fourth set though) ;)
I'm still gutted for him :sad: wish I hadn't watched that match, the last 20 minutes I was transfixed in horror! :tape:

He upset me. I had no particular feelings towards him then i went to Bercy 08 and I had a splitting headache, his fans irritated the crap out of me (they probably irritated him too actually but he got the blame ;) ) he lost to Berdych (who I can't stand in straights) and then he had a bit of a strop. Probably because he'd just missed out on masters cup, although I didn't think of that at the time. So it put me right off him. By about the AO last year though I'd decided i liked him.

I don't get how you can get chills off Stan's backhand and not off Richard's.

Both have nice arses and great backhands. What's not to like ;)

Maybe Richie21 is Richie in disguise ;)

Good luck for Jo. I've only got Rafa and Andy left in and if they get through 4th round they'll play each other in the quarters. I hate that. I want Rafa to stay number 2 and I want Andy to win a slam but I can't have both :(

lalaland
01-22-2010, 11:23 PM
Misha pulled out :eek::eek::eek: wtf.
:sad: and what an opportunity lost :sad:. That's bout the only only way he would have lost this match.

turtle-rn
01-22-2010, 11:55 PM
If he only bothered to play one game, I would have made 4200 v-cash. :sobbing:

lalaland
01-23-2010, 12:03 AM
Oh, so u don't even win anything for that? sucks.
I don't know how v-cash works, is that credits in our profile the amount of v-cash we get?

turtle-rn
01-23-2010, 12:44 AM
Nah. Actually can't remember if it's one game or one set completed to valid the bet.

And yes, that's your amount of v-cash. Posts and attachments add v-cash to your credit; thats'a solid argument against multi-quoting. :p

WarriorA
01-23-2010, 12:47 AM
He upset me. I had no particular feelings towards him then i went to Bercy 08 and I had a splitting headache, his fans irritated the crap out of me (they probably irritated him too actually but he got the blame ;) ) he lost to Berdych (who I can't stand in straights) and then he had a bit of a strop. Probably because he'd just missed out on masters cup, although I didn't think of that at the time. So it put me right off him. By about the AO last year though I'd decided i liked him.

I remember watching the end of that match. My tv coverage picked it up in the last game I think. I was thoroughly annoyed too because I could hear the music blaring from the stadium court. Stan seemed really annoyed, demolished his racquet :eek: after some fluff shot that didn't clear the net (aka Berdych's match point), and a few seconds later appeared a perfect gentleman shaking hands with the victor. :lol:

I'm glad you've gotten past that and have come over to the other side now ;)

WarriorA
01-23-2010, 12:58 AM
Since Stan played while I was sleeping last night - and only the last two games were captured by my dvr, I only had to endure a little of his losing to Cilic. :sad: I even had my Suicide Tennis strategy all mapped out so I could pick him to win. :(

Les, I had no idea that you're that smitten to cheer for him over Muzza (if even for just a little bit). :angel:

Ahhhh Stan :hearts:

Puschkin
01-23-2010, 02:51 AM
:lol: Good one :devil: Aye, I'm actually Richie21 in disguise :lol:
:haha:

Too bitter and twisted to be a real Richie fan, as most of them seem to be made of candy floss :p :hug:
:eek: Quite the contrary: We tough as diamonds. :p So much frustration and still there.

MsTree
01-23-2010, 02:57 AM
I don't get how you can get chills off Stan's backhand and not off Richard's.
Both have nice arses and great backhands. What's not to like ;)

I prefer the way Stan plays the shot. And his arse is way better... and his big red nose when he plays on grass :hearts: and he's nicer to look at... Trying not to be negative but there's loads of things I dislike about Gasquet and nothing I dislike about Stan :hearts:

Alli :hug: I really wanted that match to go 5 sets, everyone at Wimbledon (and indeed in my house) was cheering for Andy so I figured he didn't need me for that set, and Stan deserved my support!

:haha:
:eek: Quite the contrary: We tough as diamonds. :p So much frustration and still there.
Yes, that is quite something!!! :p

Puschkin
01-23-2010, 02:58 AM
I prefer the way Stan plays the shot. And his arse is way better... and his big red nose when he plays on grass :hearts: and he's nicer to look at... Trying not to be negative but there's loads of things I dislike about Gasquet and nothing I dislike about Stan :hearts:
Can't rep you, but I see you. :lol: :haha:

MsTree
01-23-2010, 03:15 AM
:lol: Maybe I'm just being nice BECAUSE you can see me :lol:

I'm shocked and stunned! :eek: There's WTA on and Eurosport are showing 2 mens matches :o This is the first time I've seen Nole in his new gear. Not sure I like it though! I prefer him in the blue smurf outfit :lol:

WarriorA
01-23-2010, 03:21 AM
I'm shocked and stunned! :eek: There's WTA on and Eurosport are showing 2 mens matches :o

I've been subjected to Serena and now Venus. Both with Mary Jo Fernandez yapping and making mouth smacking noises when she's not yapping. :(

This is the first time I've seen Nole in his new gear. Not sure I like it though! I prefer him in the blue smurf outfit :lol:

Djoky smurf? :p

Puschkin
01-23-2010, 03:22 AM
This is the first time I've seen Nole in his new gear. Not sure I like it though!
it is better than Istomin's though. ;)

WarriorA
01-23-2010, 03:25 AM
Alli :hug: I really wanted that match to go 5 sets, everyone at Wimbledon (and indeed in my house) was cheering for Andy so I figured he didn't need me for that set, and Stan deserved my support!

:hug:

I can't rep you for this unfortunately. I need a' go spread some more love.

MsTree
01-23-2010, 03:29 AM
OMG Anders Jarryd's playing Senior's doubs with John Fitzgerald against Bahrami & Masur!!! I need a livestream NOW!

edit I knew it was too good to be true - Eurosport are cutting to Venus' match :tape:

Cloudygirl
01-23-2010, 07:56 AM
I just find Richard so much more creative on court (on a good day) than Stan. Stan has a prettier forehand though.

I think one of the reasons i may have started liking Stan was because I was getting Richie withdrawal ;)

I change my mind all the time about players, you guys know that I really didn't like Gilles at all. Then I watched him live and became a Gilles fan within 10 minutes.

rtgy
01-23-2010, 11:55 AM
Misha pulled out :eek::eek::eek: wtf.
:sad: and what an opportunity lost :sad:. That's bout the only only way he would have lost this match.

yes he did because of wrist pain in his right hand:sad::sad::sad:

Ted posted his interview here:
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=9541866&postcount=63

WarriorA
01-24-2010, 12:34 AM
I change my mind all the time about players, you guys know that I really didn't like Gilles at all. Then I watched him live and became a Gilles fan within 10 minutes.

I'm really hope I get to see Gilles play live one day. I can't wait to experience this additional intangible appeal that the camera doesn't capture. :D

It's interesting how some people when you actually see them, you're just like 'yah, that's so and so.' I'm sitting about 10 feet from Robby Ginepri; Benjamin Becker is standing right next to me for a few minutes... and I don't really have any particular feeling about it. They're just the same as any other person. The only player who totally surprised me while I was in Indy that I had known about but didn't pay much attention previously was Lu.

MsTree
01-24-2010, 11:26 AM
I've not ditched Gillou as my avi forever, but poor Andy needs some loving :D

Cloudygirl
01-24-2010, 11:32 AM
I'm really hope I get to see Gilles play live one day. I can't wait to experience this additional intangible appeal that the camera doesn't capture. :D

It's interesting how some people when you actually see them, you're just like 'yah, that's so and so.' I'm sitting about 10 feet from Robby Ginepri; Benjamin Becker is standing right next to me for a few minutes... and I don't really have any particular feeling about it. They're just the same as any other person. The only player who totally surprised me while I was in Indy that I had known about but didn't pay much attention previously was Lu.

Camera doesn't do any justice to how hard he hits the ball considering his size. He doesn't look like he pushes IRL he just hits the ball really flat. Also his smile is a winner. And his movement and court speed irl is super I was mroe impressed with that than I am with Rafa's actually. Probably because Gilles's legs are so skinny they look like they'll break at any second. ;);)

I was most impressed with his game this year when I saw him at wimbledon. If he keeps up that level I think he will stay top 20 despite not starting playing until March. He was amazin.

MsTree
01-24-2010, 04:18 PM
I'm not adverse to changing my mind about players too Tori :D I really disliked Nole once upon a time but I warmed to him (bulge thread) and when I saw him in London with his Wizard of Oz red trainers I was smitten :hearts:
He wasn't even playing that well but he moves so well for his shots!

It's been a good day of tennis. If Gael had beaten Isner I might be looking at a different proposition here but I am soooo looking forward to Andy v Rafa QF. Even though it's bound to be the night match and I'll have to follow it on the livescore at work. I'm pumped just thinking about it! :D

lalaland
01-25-2010, 04:49 AM
Oh goodness, what a joke of a match between Kolya & Fer. I take it back, Fed is not going to need any help. Kolya is choking big time, against his pigeon no less. They don't only make UEs, they make them 5 feets off the line.

turtle-rn
01-25-2010, 05:29 AM
:yippee:

My last fav is still in there. pheww.

lalaland
01-25-2010, 05:46 AM
You may want to spread your chips :p, I think expectation is getting to him :(.
Fer served 20 DFs :eek:

Jo is looking to get to QF with ease even if Almagro doesn't retire after 2nd set. I'm so scare for Nole :scared:.

lalaland
01-25-2010, 06:24 AM
Almagro won the 3th set over Jo :eek:, didn't see that coming.

WarriorA
01-26-2010, 02:25 AM
Les, your Muzza avi is cute :) Was that taken at your house on the floor in front of the fireplace? ;)

MsTree
01-26-2010, 02:36 AM
Ooooh that's a nice thought :hearts: :)

turtle-rn
01-26-2010, 07:10 AM
Marin! :worship:

Always a good news when Roddick get booted out. :angel:

turtle-rn
01-26-2010, 07:13 AM
You may want to spread your chips :p, I think expectation is getting to him :(.
Dunno. Even for jinxing purpose, I can't bring myself to put v-money on Fed.

MsTree
01-26-2010, 09:27 AM
Nice fireworks :D

BlueLighthouse
01-26-2010, 10:26 AM
Marin! :worship:

Always a good news when Roddick get booted out. :angel:
:worship::worship::worship:

MsTree
01-26-2010, 11:14 AM
Gutted Rafa had to retire :sad:

Keijan
01-26-2010, 11:39 AM
Rafa :sobbing: That's terrible, I was expecting such a great match... I just hope it's not too bad ?

I liked Andy's interview with Courier, he said Rafa was his favorite player to watch and it was heartbreaking to finish like this. He was pretty sad too. Pff it's bad :/

MsTree
01-26-2010, 11:55 AM
Well, we got a great 2 sets while it lasted :( So surprised by people posting that he's faking because Andy was humping him, I just don't see that in Rafa at all :o

Keijan
01-26-2010, 12:00 PM
No, he definitely wasn't, he would rather play through pain to hand his opponent a real victory instead of retiring, like against Soderling in RG. If he retired, it's because the pain was just too unbearable :sad:
I can't believe people are saying this, did they even watch the match? Have a little respect for pain, for gods sake...

lalaland
01-27-2010, 12:37 AM
Why do they always have to schedule the match I want to watch at nite :mad:? Didn't some on GM said Fed always plays at nite, what gives that they put Nole's instead :rolleyes:. I pretty much slept thru the whole Andy/Rafa match last nite. I hope I can stay awake tonite. Go Nole, please win!!!

MsTree
01-27-2010, 06:08 PM
If you want to see the Andy - Rafa match I've uploaded it
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=9562055&postcount=104

WTF happened to Koyla today???? When I left the house he was a set up, when I got to work he'd lost something like 12 games in a row!!!!! I'm just watching the matches now, will miss both SFs too, what a bummer :sad: Fecking work! :o

lalaland
01-27-2010, 06:28 PM
If you want to see the Andy - Rafa match I've uploaded it
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=9562055&postcount=104

WTF happened to Koyla today???? When I left the house he was a set up, when I got to work he'd lost something like 12 games in a row!!!!! I'm just watching the matches now, will miss both SFs too, what a bummer :sad: Fecking work! :o

Thanks Les :hug:. I'm gonna watch it next week when I recover from sleep deprivation.

Gosh, I'm still pissed at all those matches yesterday, not that I care too much about Victoria, but she has a good chance to take Serena out :mad:.

Kolya, I knew it's too good to be true when he was thrashing Fed in the first set and the beginning of 2nd, and out of the blue, the wheels fall off. To lose in this fashion, I must say that Kolya really doesn't process the good to win slam. He completely lost the plot and it wasn't even because of Fed picking up (Fed picked up after he was given a second life when Kolya missed that break chance to go 2 breaks up in 2nd). :mad: It's just a sad scene.

And then Nole. I'm more pissed this morning seeing my bloodshot eyes thinking that I stayed up to watch for an outcome like that :mad:. Why is that he always got sick after he's leading, I don't know what's that but I'm so gutted to see him lost another one again after having the match in his control. Somehow, this is more heartbreaking than the other one. I think it's the #2 Jinx. I'm looking at it as a sign that means Andy will win the whole thing so Nole won't be getting to #2 once again. Go Andy, save this tourney for me.

MsTree
01-27-2010, 07:31 PM
http://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/murray-dog-415x503.jpg

:hug: For all the people who have good repped me over my avi :hug: :D

There, that's made you feel better hasn't it? :inlove:

Cloudygirl
01-27-2010, 08:06 PM
Can I have a virtual hug please. I've had some devestating news today and I just can't comprehend it. And I know it's ridiculous posting about it on the internet but I can't see people in real life just can't stop crying.

MsTree
01-27-2010, 08:43 PM
Aw Tori! :hug: Sounds awful :sad: You know where I am if you want to let off steam or need a shoulder :hug:

turtle-rn
01-27-2010, 08:43 PM
WTF happened to Koyla today????
He paid tribute to Venus-I've become a bigger heeadcase than Na Li-William's achievement. So did Highpitchenka. What an horror day. :hysteric:

turtle-rn
01-27-2010, 08:44 PM
Can I have a virtual hug please. I've had some devestating news today and I just can't comprehend it. And I know it's ridiculous posting about it on the internet but I can't see people in real life just can't stop crying.
:awww: :hug:

Cloudygirl
01-27-2010, 08:47 PM
Thanks I'm more ok now my best mate IRL got hold of me.

Thanks for caring it means a lot and also to the people who PMed me.

Kezzi
01-27-2010, 09:37 PM
Hope you feel better soon! :hug:

Thanks I'm more ok now my best mate IRL got hold of me.

Thanks for caring it means a lot and also to the people who PMed me.
Nice to know that you already feel better now. :)

lalaland
01-27-2010, 10:41 PM
:hug: hope you feel better soon.

WarriorA
01-28-2010, 01:40 AM
Take care Tori :hug: I'm sorry to hear that things aren't going well.

rtgy
01-28-2010, 08:12 AM
http://img2.menstennisforums.com/500/murray-dog-415x503.jpg

:hug: For all the people who have good repped me over my avi :hug: :D

absolute beauty :inlove:

MsTree
01-28-2010, 06:32 PM
Yavor :hug: I know ;)

Plug for next week's ATP Tour Uncovered - Gillou feature :woohoo: I think it's first shown on TV on Thursday but probably up at the ATP site on Wednesday :dance: He looked :hearts: in the trailer :inlove:

lalaland
01-28-2010, 07:03 PM
Plug for next week's ATP Tour Uncovered - Gillou feature :woohoo: I think it's first shown on TV on Thursday but probably up at the ATP site on Wednesday :dance: He looked :hearts: in the trailer :inlove:

Wow hey. So what TV do they show this thing? Like a program of some sort? There used to be a ATP half hour weekly show on TV some years ago, I wonder if that show is still on. Nice of them to have a feature on him while he's out.

MsTree
01-28-2010, 07:16 PM
It's a half hour show on Sky Sports, I think this is the second season but I could be wrong as I've not been a subscriber for that long. It's not listed on tvrage or imdb. They do a round up of that week's tournies and do a couple of player features, this week it was Delpo, Peter Luczak and Pat Rafter. I only caught half of last week's one, but they did a feature on Mansour Bahrami :hearts: I've put some of the best ones up to the Interview Thread in the T4U video forum :)

MsTree
01-31-2010, 05:41 AM
Vamos Andy!!!

turtle-rn
01-31-2010, 06:54 AM
4.6 millions v-cash on Fed right now! :eek: :devil:

Allezzz Andy! Make him cry! :rocker2:

rawalya
01-31-2010, 08:00 AM
C'mon Andy!! :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

turtle-rn
01-31-2010, 10:24 AM
:sad:

Les :hug:

MsTree
01-31-2010, 10:29 AM
:sobbing:

Oh well, there'll be other chances for Andy :bigcry:

WarriorA
01-31-2010, 07:39 PM
Les :hug: definitely a downer for you. The third set was so intense, and the tb :eek:. Talk about some serious pressure on both sides.

MsTree
01-31-2010, 07:57 PM
If only he'd played the whole match like he played in the 3rd. What a speech too, he nearly had me :sobbing: with him!
Oh well, onwards and upwards... :)

lalaland
01-31-2010, 08:36 PM
:hug: Les.

Didn't watch the speech, I always turn off the tv the sec the match's over when my guy lost. But I'm going to look in Youtube for Andy's speech.

WarriorA
01-31-2010, 09:00 PM
His speech was really sweet. It all started with Les' avi and then his emotion during the speech sealed the deal. It's really nice to see real emotion rather than all of the fake bs others dish out.

Let's face it, no one is happy getting the serving tray when they lose. If the disappointment and sadness is there, why not show it.

lalaland
01-31-2010, 09:16 PM
His speech was really sweet.

I watched it now. Ahhh, Andy :hug:. :lol: "I can cry like Roger", good for him that he didn't and still keeping his humor while trying so hard to control his emotion. Don't worry, it will be your time soon.

lalaland
02-03-2010, 01:17 AM
The Uncovered epi featuring Gilles is already available on the ATP website. :yippee:

http://www.atpworldtour.com/Tennis/Media/Videos/2010/02/ATP-Uncovered-S2-E4-Fan-Favourite-Awards.aspx

WarriorA
02-03-2010, 03:58 AM
Thanks for the link :)

Wow! That was so nice just to see him. I miss watching him play (and his being healthy and on top of his game) so much. :awww: He's just so damn cool. It makes me feel good to listen to him talk and to recall all of those big matches from 08. :D

but-it's-ok
02-03-2010, 10:21 AM
The Uncovered epi featuring Gilles is already available on the ATP website. :yippee:

http://www.atpworldtour.com/Tennis/Media/Videos/2010/02/ATP-Uncovered-S2-E4-Fan-Favourite-Awards.aspx

Thanks;)