Seb Down Under in 2010 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Seb Down Under in 2010

soulage
01-08-2010, 11:03 AM
Seb is back on tour playing Sydney's qualies and faces Flo Serra first round. Still waiting the annonce of the WC for AO but he should have it.

It's done he has officialy the wild card for AO

soulage
01-08-2010, 09:29 PM
Flo has been moved to the MD and Seb was supposed to play at 9.00 am but he's not on court :confused: Everything is strange with this draw :confused: Waiting the revised draw when they want

He's out of Sydney qualies. No idea of what's happen

Ivanatis
01-09-2010, 05:26 PM
he'll play Auckland instead, good luck to him:)

Marine
01-09-2010, 08:38 PM
he'll play Auckland instead, good luck to him:)

...thanks to arnaud ! :angel:

Sitting down to dinner the other night in Sydney, the Frenchman received a call from Heineken Open director Richard Palmer offering him a direct acceptance into the tournament. The world No 63 weighed it up and decided he'd take it on one condition. Palmer needed to guarantee a wildcard to his mate and compatriot Sebastien Grosjean - who has Clement as godfather to his children. Palmer agrees and the phone is then passed across the table to Grosjean, who by coincidence happens to be there, and the deal is done. So a coup for Palmer but also Kiwi tennis fans who haven't seen the pair in action here before. They come with big-match temperaments. Clement was runner-up at the 2001 Australian Open, while he beat Grosjean in the semifinals at the same event.

aliasthad
01-10-2010, 04:04 PM
Thanks Arnaud!! :worship:

soulage
01-11-2010, 11:14 AM
He'l play today vs Mayer. He take part to a visit with some others players in Auckland Harbour

http://free0.hiboox.com/images/0210/ff3fae562bcab3d8e19adbc18dfeb199.jpg (http://www.hiboox.fr/go/images/sport/auckland11,ff3fae562bcab3d8e19adbc18dfeb199.jpg.ht ml)

soulage
01-11-2010, 11:25 AM
Few words of seb here http://www.heinekenopen.co.nz/1/news/newsarticle_4112.asp

Grosjean (31) has actually visited Auckland before. He was eliminated in the first round of qualifying in 1997 and he has no good memories of his short stay.

"It's a long time to be back in New Zealand. I try to enjoy myself on the tennis court after so many years travelling and playing tournaments."

The diminutive right-hander has glimpsed his tennis mortality after undergoing shoulder surgery in 2008. He has played very little tennis in the past two years and after peaking at No10 (2002), his ranking is now 677th.

"I am feeling much better," he said. "There is no pain, so I try to come back and play one more year.

"Of course, when you have shoulder surgery, it is never easy to come back, especially when you turn 30.

"They tell me 4-6 months, but I still have pain for nine months ... can't serve or play. You really think how lucky you are to play tennis."

valou
01-12-2010, 05:32 AM
Oh Soulage thank you for the image. He's so cute!!! God!!! But where have you found it???

soulage
01-12-2010, 07:48 AM
I found the pic on the atp site

Seb won :worship: First win of the year we hope many others :)

.-Federers_Mate-.
01-12-2010, 08:56 AM
he played great today, his back-hand is looking very solid, should give melzer a run for his money.

GrosjeanFan1994
01-12-2010, 04:11 PM
Yay!! Good win Seb! :hug:
Thanks for all the updates everyone :)

Ivanatis
01-12-2010, 08:52 PM
allez Seb:rocker2:

Ivanatis
01-13-2010, 10:37 AM
fuck..so close

GrosjeanFan1994
01-16-2010, 05:58 PM
Seb has a confirmed Wildcard for AO. Will play qualifier Marsel Ilhan in the first round. Very likely to then face Gonzalez >.<
Best of luck to you Seb :hug:

K-Fan
01-16-2010, 07:18 PM
alleeeeez :)

soulage
01-17-2010, 03:51 PM
He has been lucky with the draw so we hope the best.

soulage
01-19-2010, 08:58 AM
He lost it's not a good deal :o That kind of draw will not happen every time

Next stop us hardcourt.

GrosjeanFan1994
01-19-2010, 12:47 PM
:( 6-4 6-3 7-5. Not great >.<
But quite a nice orange t-shirt :)

aliasthad
01-19-2010, 12:59 PM
Poor Seb! :hug:
At this point I'd be happy just to see him win two matches in a row!

More pics!

Kezzi
01-19-2010, 02:00 PM
Poor Seb! :hug:
At this point I'd be happy just to see him win two matches in a row!

More pics!
Me too. :)

yoyotex04
01-19-2010, 09:55 PM
In L'Equipe.fr

Grosjean manque de force
Pour son retour à Melbourne, Sébastien Grosjean a chuté d'entrée (6-4, 6-3, 7-5) contre le Turc Marsel Ilhan.

Comme un junior qui arrive sur le circuit, Sébastien Grosjean doit refaire ses gammes et reprendre de la force. Si le Marseillais ne souffre plus depuis Lyon de son épaule opérée, il doit recouvrer sa force de frappe. Face au Turc Marsel Ilhan, il a vécu un drôle de match. Au-delà de sa défaite (6-4, 6-3, 7-5) en deux jours, l'ancien 4e mondial n'a pas réussi à déborder le 154e à l'ATP. Son coup droit qui partait autrefois comme une fusée manque aujourd'hui de percussion et il se retrouve donc mis en danger à l'échange.

Avec le vent et la pluie lundi, tout part à vau-l'eau devant un public turc bien remonté. Mardi, mené un set et un break, il a repris le bon sens de la marche, mais le manque de repères se traduit en occasions manquées. « Hier (lundi), c'était nul, vraiment très mauvais. Les conditions étaient un peu difficiles avec la pluie et le vent mais c'était les mêmes pour nous deux. Mais je manque de repères. Aujourd'hui (mardi), c'était bien mieux, je dois gagner ce troisième set avec le break d'avance et pas mal de balles de break. Mais c'est un mauvais match de ma part même si je ne retire rien à mon adversaire qui a fait son match. Je jouais vraiment trop court. Je sais que je pars de loin avec mon opération de l'épaule, constate le Marseillais qui repart pour les Etats-Unis avec San Jose et les qualifications de Memphis et Delray Beach. Je manque de repères et surtout je manque de force. Ma balle fait moins mal parce que je suis moins costaud. Il faut que je continue à travailler et petit à petit, je remettrai du poids sur la raquette parce que j'ai 25 grammes de moins et ma balle est forcément moins lourde.»

Si ce constat est lucide, il rélève néanmoins une vraie envie de revenir. La douleur a disparu, il peut se ré-entraîner et il aime toujours autant jouer au tennis. Sébastien Grosjean a toujours été joueur et il le reste. S.D., à Melbourne

Via
01-20-2010, 12:56 AM
well it was harder for him, perhaps because the turkish youngster is used to travelling and the difficult conditions, and seb was finding melbourne too cold on monday lol the turkish supporters were also very loud!

it will indeed be a tough task to come back, i think the will is most important cos it won't be easy. good luck seb.

Via
09-01-2010, 10:21 AM
that was probably the last time i saw seb play... so i guess one last pic from me as a farewell, and a fond memory :wavey:

http://viatennis.smakdesign.com.au/vtp/pics/634.jpg

aliasthad
09-01-2010, 11:08 PM
that was probably the last time i saw seb play... so i guess one last pic from me as a farewell, and a fond memory :wavey:

http://viatennis.smakdesign.com.au/vtp/pics/634.jpg

Thanks for the pic! :worship:

*sniff* I miss Seb. :sad:

P.S. Well done to Arnaud yesterday, he deserved the win!

:p

Bobble
09-02-2010, 01:53 AM
Thanks for the pic! :worship:

*sniff* I miss Seb. :sad:

P.S. Well done to Arnaud yesterday, he deserved the win!

:p

+1

Luckily i have classic matches on dvd now :) but nothing compares to the good ole' days.:sad:

aliasthad
09-02-2010, 12:25 PM
+1

Luckily i have classic matches on dvd now :) but nothing compares to the good ole' days.:sad:

Yeah, it's great to re-live those past matches :p but it's sad not to see him in tournaments anymore, or even hear much about him at all! :bigcry:

Via
09-02-2010, 03:42 PM
i will surely know the feeling here, it's only a matter of time for good o' arno :shrug:

i actually enjoyed seb's match more than arno's in melbourne this year. it's true, just ask anyone on the other forum ;)

Marine
09-02-2010, 09:44 PM
Thanks Via :hug: