Group B

Dementieva & Andreev
Great Britain - Robson & Murray
Germany - Liscki & Kohlschreiber
Kazakhstan - Shvedova & Golubev

Session 1 - Romania 2 d Australia 1

Sorana Cirstea d Samantha Stosur 3-6, 6-4, 6-3
Time: 113 minutes, Umpire: Louise Engzell
Victor Hanescu lost to Lleyton Hewitt 6-3, 3-6, 6-7(2/7)
Time: 150 minutes, Umpire: Alison Lang
Cirstea/Hanescu d Stosur/Hewitt 7-5, 6-1
Time: 73 minutes, Umpire: Louise Engzell

Andy and Laura get underway on Monday against Kazakhstan - they are seeded third.

Andi-M
01-03-2010, 04:09 PM
Good luck in 2010 to both Andy and Laura Hopman cup should be a bit of fun. Glad Andy isn't wearing himself out this year by playing loads like he did last year.

MsTree
01-03-2010, 08:57 PM
I think this is much better prep for him than Doha, despite him losing his No 4 ranking. Good luck GBR :D

scoobs
01-04-2010, 08:40 PM
Andy beat Golubev 62 62 in his opening singles, while Laura lost to Yaroslava Shvedova 64 36 06.

Andy and Laura combined to beat the Kazakhs 63 57 [12-10] to win the tie!

Corey Feldman
01-04-2010, 08:57 PM
like his adidas kit this year

MurrayFan1
01-04-2010, 09:38 PM
I watched a bit of Laura in singes but that was it.

Is Murray playing in the Wednesday sessions?

nazza
01-05-2010, 10:09 AM
Hey everyone, I've been a member for awhile but this is my first time posting in Andy's forum.
I'm volunteering as an usher at the Hopman this year, and I worked at Andy's match last night (if you watched it, I'm the girl in a highly unattractive fluro yellow top standing behind Andy's chair). He played really well, and it was sweet how he thanks the ball boys :) At the end of the night, I managed to pick up one of his wristbands (which were drenched with sweat as you can imagine) :D I'm going to his 2 other matches on wednesday and friday so I'll post photos here if I can :)

MsTree
01-05-2010, 06:50 PM
Yeah he looked great in his adidas kit. Their mixed doubles was just delightful :) And the interview afterwards was funny! :D I really hope the pair of them team up for MD at a slam in the future :D

Hi Nazza! I'll look out for you :)

Goldenoldie
01-06-2010, 10:19 AM
A second good singles win for Andy vs Kohlschreiber, but I see the silly **** got himself sunburnt while practising. That's taking acclimatisation a bit too far.

scoobs
01-06-2010, 11:58 AM
A second good singles win for Andy vs Kohlschreiber, but I see the silly **** got himself sunburnt while practising. That's taking acclimatisation a bit too far.
Totally - stupid boy :)

But great to see that they won AGAIN in the mixed doubles, beating Kohlschreiber/Lisicki 63 62 to take this tie also. So they're not doing badly at all and have a chance of making it to the final from their group if they can post a decent effort against Russia on Friday.

tedlesurfeur
01-06-2010, 12:58 PM
Totally - stupid boy :)

But great to see that they won AGAIN in the mixed doubles, beating Kohlschreiber/Lisicki 63 62 to take this tie also. So they're not doing badly at all and have a chance of making it to the final from their group if they can post a decent effort against Russia on Friday.

They can totally win that tight. I mean, Murray will win over Andreev and as for the doubles match, Dementieva doesn't feel good at the net.

scoobs
01-06-2010, 01:07 PM
They can totally win that tight. I mean, Murray will win over Andreev and as for the doubles match, Dementieva doesn't feel good at the net.
It's tedlesexy!

Yeah they have a shot at winning that match though I think I'd make the Russians the slight favourites.

tedlesurfeur
01-06-2010, 04:19 PM
It's tedlesexy!

Yeah they have a shot at winning that match though I think I'd make the Russians the slight favourites.

The favourussians just lost to Kazahkstan, oops, I don't even know how it writes :lol: Anyway.. not sure the russians are in top form.

tedlesexy :lol: scoobidoobidoo :crazy:

scoobs
01-06-2010, 04:23 PM
V surprised by that result but that does make matters easier for GB actually - we could end up with a 3 way "won 2 lost 1" split on friday to decide the finalist even if we lose to Russia.

MsTree
01-06-2010, 10:22 PM
I'm loving the mixed, what a great team they make :D
Surprised that Andy asked her if she wanted to play mixed with him in the 2012 Olympics and she knocked him back :lol:
Loving their banter :) I want to see them team up for Wimbledon this year never mind the Olympics :D

tedlesurfeur
01-06-2010, 10:28 PM
I'm loving the mixed, what a great team they make :D
Surprised that Andy asked her if she wanted to play mixed with him in the 2012 Olympics and she knocked him back :lol:
Loving their banter :) I want to see them team up for Wimbledon this year never mind the Olympics :D

I think he'll wait for her to turn 18 for sure :p it 'shows'

Murraylicious
01-06-2010, 10:37 PM
I think Andy and Laura ara great team
love them both together!

MsTree
01-06-2010, 10:53 PM
I think he'll wait for her to turn 18 for sure :p it 'shows'

He would only have to wait till she's 16 :devil:

She's bringing out the best in him. Hope her back isn't too sore from carrying him today :D

MsTree
01-06-2010, 11:04 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/8443891.stm

And the banter continues into the presser :D

Goonergal
01-07-2010, 01:21 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/8443891.stm

And the banter continues into the presser :D

:lol:

They're pretty hilarious together & a great team. Hope they get to the final :yeah:

tedlesurfeur
01-07-2010, 04:40 PM
This recording is too cute !! They're lovely

tedlesurfeur
01-07-2010, 04:41 PM
He would only have to wait till she's 16 :devil:

She's bringing out the best in him. Hope her back isn't too sore from carrying him today :D

Why 16? :p

MsTree
01-07-2010, 08:41 PM
Why 16? :p

Ask your mother, she'll explain :p

tedlesurfeur
01-07-2010, 09:04 PM
The question is 'is it legal to have sex with minors?' :devil:

MsTree
01-07-2010, 09:17 PM
Are you having a blonde moment Ted? Of course it's not legal to have sex with minors, 16 is the age of consent in the UK. Try to keep up! :angel:

scoobs
01-08-2010, 09:28 AM
Andy and Laura make the final!

Dementieva beat Laura 64 60

But then Andy hit back to trounce Andreev 61 60

GB then squeaked through the doubles 64 67 [10-6] to make it a clean sweep of the group and advance to the final against Spain :)

Betty
01-08-2010, 10:23 AM
:banana:

nazza
01-08-2010, 03:00 PM
I was at today's match against Russia, Andy was brilliant! Him and Laura are so adorable together, Andy was really protective and proud of her like he was her older brother :) My friends and I made a UK flag banner for him which he signed, and wound up on tv for a couple of seconds :D As promised I have lots of photos which I'll post soon, probably in the picture thread.

tedlesurfeur
01-08-2010, 06:11 PM
Are you having a blonde moment Ted? Of course it's not legal to have sex with minors, 16 is the age of consent in the UK. Try to keep up! :angel:

In the UK, maybe, not everywhere :p and yes, I'm blonde, can't you see the gloden shine of my hair ? :lol: No? Now that's bizarre. :lol:

MsTree
01-08-2010, 06:20 PM
If you're blonde Ted then your collar doesn't match your cuffs :lol:

As the matches aren't shown till later on in the UK, I tried to get through today without finding out the score but failed miserably :lol: Delighted that they've made the final :D

Corey Feldman
01-08-2010, 07:10 PM
hope Muzza stuffs Robredo!

Andi-M
01-09-2010, 12:29 AM
Omg Andy and Laura are cute, but its soo wrong teenies with teenies and tweenies with tweenies. Though Im sure nothing is really going on...can u imagine Kim's reaction not sure she'd be to impressed I mean at 22 you dont expect to be traded in for a younger model do ya lol :p

I like her personality and I like the way shes not imtimidated by him at all.

Good luck to team GB, win it all! :kiss:

scoobs
01-09-2010, 03:42 AM
Laura pulled off a superb upset to beat Martinez Sanchez 61 76(6)!!!!

GB 1-0 up with Andy next...

MsTree
01-09-2010, 04:27 AM
Thats an amazing result! :D Guess she would've felt bad going home with a diamond without winning any of her matches :D Come on Andy!

scoobs
01-09-2010, 04:32 AM
First set to Andy 6-1.

he is playing some scary good tennis again today.

Breakaway
01-09-2010, 04:41 AM
Andy is looking in great form, hope it can continue :yeah:

scoobs
01-09-2010, 04:44 AM
That's the key thing - this is great but will we see this in Melbourne?

Andi-M
01-09-2010, 06:24 AM
What happened after 1st set?

Andi-M
01-09-2010, 06:29 AM
Cant believe he lost to Boredo...reminiscent of last year plays an amazing 1st set goes on walkabout there afterwards.....:rolleyes: Never mind has any got a stream for dubs :D

MsTree
01-09-2010, 08:08 AM
Aw they lost the mixed too :sad:

Still a good week from the pair of them, Andy seemed in pretty good form (until today) and Laura has so much potential, hard to believe she's still only 15. The diamonds will have to wait till next year :lol:

Andi-M
01-09-2010, 09:07 AM
Nice pay day for Laura. Maybe she can buy her own diamonds. :D

Im glad Andy lost brought us all back down to earth a bit, Andy still vunerable to daydreaming, losing concentration, being passive, getting frustrated with himself. AO will be tough draw is crucial.

scoobs
01-09-2010, 09:43 AM
Disappointing end to the singles match for Andy.

He started off on fire and Robredo unable to get any kind of a look in. In the second it became more even as Robredo got better and better and Andy's game started to decline from the highs, until in the end Robredo took the break and the set...and then the third we ended up with Robredo playing unbelievable and Andy couldn't find a way to recover that early break he lost right at the start of the third.

Wake up call for him that he's still showing he can be beaten in 3 no matter how well he starts - plus this match had a lot of similarities to the Metz final they played back in 2007 when Andy creamed him 60 in the first and still managed to lose.

So yes...a bit of a shame and then I was always gloomy about the doubles, looks like it went close but still couldn't find a way.

tedlesurfeur
01-09-2010, 10:22 AM
Disappointing end to the singles match for Andy.

He started off on fire and Robredo unable to get any kind of a look in. In the second it became more even as Robredo got better and better and Andy's game started to decline from the highs, until in the end Robredo took the break and the set...and then the third we ended up with Robredo playing unbelievable and Andy couldn't find a way to recover that early break he lost right at the start of the third.

Wake up call for him that he's still showing he can be beaten in 3 no matter how well he starts - plus this match had a lot of similarities to the Metz final they played back in 2007 when Andy creamed him 60 in the first and still managed to lose.

So yes...a bit of a shame and then I was always gloomy about the doubles, looks like it went close but still couldn't find a way.

Robredo has always been good at the hopman cup anyway, but I'm so disappointed as well. I mean, to me, Laura's performance was synonymous with title... I mean Andy had won all of his singles, and I couldn't portray him losing to Tommy. Oh well..

I just hope the only positive thing coming out of it will be his remaining cautious, and that could be a key atttitude for the Australian Open I guess.
Marat had played a bad match at the HC as well before winning in Melbourne so, who knows. Go Andy !

Corey Feldman
01-09-2010, 06:05 PM
New Year, same old shit :lol:

Breakaway
01-10-2010, 07:26 AM
I'm hoping that was just a blip, and that it won't happen again...

*crosses fingers*