down under 2010 starts early! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

down under 2010 starts early!

Via
12-28-2009, 11:50 PM
i'll take possession of this thread :angel:

according to news source (i.e. soulage) arnaud should now be in brisbane. he's probably one of the earliest to arrive, apart from the locals and ana ivanovic (who's spent xmas with her bf here). it may be raining there today so he can take some rest lol

Kezzi
12-29-2009, 02:07 PM
Maybe that's why he arrived early, so he can have a holiday longer than a week after all. :p

soulage
12-29-2009, 03:21 PM
You know many of the frenchies was flying to Brisbane around the 26. They need time for the acclimation. I'm sure there is already a lot of players maybe not in Brisbane but in australia enough to celebrate the new year. I hope he will make the cut for doubles on site even if Hanley is not very good but it's funny to see him with foreigners.

Via
12-30-2009, 05:14 AM
You know many of the frenchies was flying to Brisbane around the 26. They need time for the acclimation. I'm sure there is already a lot of players maybe not in Brisbane but in australia enough to celebrate the new year. I hope he will make the cut for doubles on site even if Hanley is not very good but it's funny to see him with foreigners.

acclimatisation(?) is a good idea, activities such as swimming, sunbathing, clubbing etc will definitely prepare one for the hot summer ;)

i've just found out that we'll get brisbane on free tv from day 1 (monday). how very nice of them! :yippee:

Via
01-01-2010, 09:29 AM
arno has entered sydney's doubles with another partner
8 CLEMENT, Arnaud 72 63 ERLICH, Jonathan 190 - 8 S+P 71

i hope this means he has made plans to come to sydney for the qualifying... or better still, getting into the main draw without. :bounce:

Kezzi
01-01-2010, 12:51 PM
arno has entered sydney's doubles with another partner

i hope this means he has made plans to come to sydney for the qualifying... or better still, getting into the main draw without. :bounce:
I hope so too! :D

soulage
01-01-2010, 02:35 PM
Mika with Ram and Arno with Erlich an exchange lol. Someone in the doubles forum said at the end of 2009 that Erlich was planed to team up with arno so maybe they will also team up together for AO. Then Erlich will have no more protected ranked entry so it will impossible :confused: as it must remain him 2 or 3 protected entry. As arno plays more and more with foreigners his english will improve fastly lol

Via
01-02-2010, 06:58 AM
brisbane's draw is out. can someone please tell me this opponent is not so dangerous lol

CLEMENT, Arnaud (FRA) vs ODESNIK, Wayne (USA)

arno with improving english is certainly good news ;) i can't wait to be surprised and amused!

btw this is the 10th anniversary of my discovery of this player ... can't believe we both last this long :)

soulage
01-02-2010, 09:15 AM
It was not the most dangerous in the draw for sure lol but wait to see how Arno feels under the sun. He missed the cut for doubles so Hanley finally plays with Bellucci. Few words on lequipe.fr about the surprises in AO Arno found there is less now but sometimes there is something to do it depends of the winter prepation but he remembers that last year there was nothing to do against verdasco lol

Clément : «De moins en moins de surprises»
Arnaud Clément : départ le 28 décembre pour Brisbane, 11 participations à Open d'Australie, finaliste en 2001 en simple et en 2008 en double
«Je trouve qu'il y a de moins en moins de surprises. Mais c'est vrai qu'il y a toujours des gars plus inattendus. Cela dépend des préparations hivernales, mais il y a aussi des joueurs qui arrivent à se mettre dans le rythme des matches plus vite que d'autres. Il y a souvent des coups à faire là-bas, mais l'an dernier, j'ai joué contre Verdasco et il n'y avait rien à faire (rires).»

Via
01-03-2010, 11:21 AM
he's now scheduled to play on monday, court 1 second match. it's highly unlikely that it'll be shown on tv here, given that dokic will be battling ivanovic on centre court at the same time :o but it's a nice larger court with cover, so this arno is still commanding some respect at brisbane.

soulage
01-03-2010, 03:07 PM
A roof on court 1 also ? it's nice because the forecast seems really bad for all the week. They have

Via
01-03-2010, 11:55 PM
i don't think it's a roof, i remember it as something like a canvas cover, mainly to protect from heat and sun. don't know if it's any use in the rain!

the centre court does have a fixed roof, it's almost like indoors. it's the newest tennis centre in aus so i suppose that's the latest design to suit aus weather lol

play is underway as i type ;)

Via
01-04-2010, 06:44 AM
it's 64 76(2) to odesnik

are we seeing the summer time arno, not the autumn one? i have no idea :(

soulage
01-04-2010, 07:37 AM
Yes bad start because he will not have always this kind of draw. I looked at the stats and arno should have won the second set as he clearly dominates but he missed the tie-break :rolleyes: well we have to wait one week now to see if he can wake up.

Marine
01-04-2010, 05:24 PM
awwww no... the good autumn was just anecdotic ??? :awww:

How is it possible to play as well in november/december and as badly (I assume he played cr... ) 3 weeks later ? :mad:

Via I hope you will see the good arnaud in melbourne !

Hangdog
01-04-2010, 06:47 PM
Thanks for the updates, everyone :worship: (And Happy New Year :D)

Well, it's a pity he started the year with a loss, but I guess one match indicates nothing - let's wait and see how it goes next weeks.
And I'm looking forward to see his results in doubles, his combo with Erlich seems very interesting to me.

Via
01-04-2010, 11:59 PM
one match isn't much... but there are only so many chances before the big slam. it'd be better he gets more match practice, than not...

now he has some time to decide whether to play sydney or auckland.

Boreas
01-05-2010, 10:09 AM
All my faves lost in first round (or even before:lol:)

Odesnik was in fairly nice form at the end of last year, I don't think this loss is too tragic:shrug: At least it wasn't a complete beatdown, as it happened to be the case with someone else in my signature:p

soulage
01-05-2010, 12:49 PM
Yes it remains only two tournaments down under, he missed the occasion. Arno wanted to do to much good after his good end of 2009 so he puts too much pression on himself. lequipe writes that he totally missed the start the start of the match and arno says he missed too much occasions.
He must more relax next time and hope a good draw even if a better ranked player would put the pression on the other guy. let's see what will happen in Sydney i think and melbourne.

Via
01-07-2010, 06:20 AM
too much pressure. is he serious on staying 2nd week in melbourne? lol

there's still no withdrawal in sydney. if arnaud's waiting, this must be as excruciating as how i feel!

soulage
01-07-2010, 09:38 PM
He's sleeping in the aiport waiting where to go lol If no more withdrawals in the next hours and as I think that the 4 SE can't be cleared before the auckland and Sydney QD as in Chennai 4 players can still pretend to the spots, he will be obliged to enter a QD and maybe be moved to the MD just before the start of the qualifying matches if it remains one spot :confused: It's very tough to understand with the jet lag and the SE spots :unsure:

Via
01-08-2010, 07:10 AM
He's sleeping in the aiport waiting where to go lol If no more withdrawals in the next hours and as I think that the 4 SE can't be cleared before the auckland and Sydney QD as in Chennai 4 players can still pretend to the spots, he will be obliged to enter a QD and maybe be moved to the MD just before the start of the qualifying matches if it remains one spot :confused: It's very tough to understand with the jet lag and the SE spots :unsure:

:haha:

let's hope arno has enough money with him to stay somewhere decent... then fly to whichever city he likes :D

i've been at the tennis centre just now... no sign of this guy :awww: florent serra was there though, he's made up his mind where he is, don't know about other frenchies.

Via
01-08-2010, 10:55 AM
please read http://www.medibankinternational.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/OP-2.pdf

and tell me i'm not seeing things. i need to sleep right away. early day! please, gentlemen, no disappointment :o

Kezzi
01-08-2010, 11:00 AM
I see Arno & Seb!!! :eek: And I've just woke up after sleeping through my alarm, so I sure had more than enough sleep. :o ;)
That is sooooo cool! I hope Seb plays Q in R'dam too. :bounce:

soulage
01-08-2010, 11:01 AM
Yes he gives up a spot in Auckland MD that he had after one SE cleared to enter the QD in Sydney. Tough draw and it's so early in the morning. He can still hope a spot in the MD without playing the qualies i think it depends of Chennai results. Let's see

Via
01-08-2010, 07:31 PM
for some reason, he's now appeared on auckland's list, not sydney's. both tourney's SE's are cleared anyway but perhaps he got news from auckland first and flew there :sad:

anyway i'll find out soon

soulage
01-08-2010, 07:45 PM
Yes very strange :eek: He had his place in Sydney MD and pulled out:confused: while he entered Sydney doubles field and Sydney QD :confused: It's tough to understand, maybe because of an unknown ATP rule. He was in Sydney or not He will play Auckland or not Maybe he forgot to also pulled out of Auckland :confused:

Kezzi
01-08-2010, 07:48 PM
:confused: I don't understand any of it...Hope he still understands what he's doing and where he's going. :p

Catchie
01-08-2010, 08:18 PM
:confused: I don't understand any of it...Hope he still understands what he's doing and where he's going. :p

Or he should report himself at the lost and found :p

Kezzi
01-08-2010, 08:19 PM
:rolls:

Marine
01-08-2010, 08:20 PM
Maybe he realized he's never been to NZ and it's one of his last occasions before retiring. :p
(ok, that would be my way of thinking, not sure it's arnaud's one lol).

soulage
01-08-2010, 08:33 PM
I'm wondering if a guy can enter the qualies of a tournament and play the MD of an other one :confused: Maybe he will be anywhere finally :rolleyes: As he entered QD of Sydney he was surely in Sydney and what's about his doubles partner in Sydney :confused:

Via
01-09-2010, 03:42 AM
i'm back. i got up 2 hours early, got there at 9am, no arno, no seb :fiery::fiery::help:

i was thinking of storming the atp director's office (somehow such an important office as well as the prizemoney and referee are all housed in an outside bunker) and demand an explanation. surely they should've known of their disappearance:rolleyes: when they issued the QD and order of play at 10pm last night.

i was also wondering if arno pulled out so that mika could take his place in the MD. although looking at mika today training with the israelites... i don't know if they're still such good friends.

i didn't see the passing potes (:mad: and i brought the book with me too) yesterday but kristen of the other forums (lol) insisted she saw them yesterday. well, i suppose they had to be on site unless the organisers are complete idiots.

meanwhile the mystery deepens, as there're currently no results from auckland. (if seb's gone there too)

Hangdog
01-09-2010, 04:23 AM

Via, thanks for the report :hug: :awww:

It is all really weird... But now in Auckland's entry list thread it's written that Seb got a MD WC, so here is the answer to his part of the mystery. And as for Arnaud, my idea is that he is just a little bit crazy :devil: Though if he decided to go there to accompany Seb it's quite nice I guess.

P.S. Oh Auckland draw is out, Arnaud and Seb really are there :o
http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2010/301/mds.pdf

Via
01-09-2010, 04:36 AM

Via, thanks for the report :hug: :awww:

It is all really weird... But now in Auckland's entry list thread it's written that Seb got a MD WC, so here is the answer to his part of the mystery. And as for Arnaud, my idea is that he is just a little bit crazy :devil: Though if he decided to go there to accompany Seb it's quite nice I guess.

P.S. Oh Auckland draw is out, Arnaud and Seb really are there :o
http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2010/301/mds.pdf

not much of a report really :o

i can't download that pdf, every time i click it stops midway.

nothing so crazy about this, if auckland when they decided last minute to offer seb a wildcard, they decided to offer arno to come too by paying his air fares for example :devil:

the potes are basically poached from under sydney's nose. too bad sydney cannot match the offers.

Hangdog
01-09-2010, 04:50 AM
Clement vs Chardy 1st round, and the winner faces Ferrer. I also often have problems with the draws on the ATP website, maybe something is wrong with their server.
I won't be surprised if the passing potes get a doubles WC there, too. But anyway it's very likely that Arnaud won't stay in Auckland very long :devil:

Via
01-09-2010, 05:07 AM
too bad auckland can't offer a better draw as part of the deal :devil: their MD players aren't any easier than those in sydney, only the QD is very weak.

soulage
01-09-2010, 08:34 AM
Tough draw if he had stay in Sydney at least he would have play a double match while here he will arrive in Melbourne very fresh :rolleyes: and tourism in Auckland will be very short :devil:

Kezzi
01-09-2010, 01:54 PM
not much of a report really :o

i can't download that pdf, every time i click it stops midway.

nothing so crazy about this, if auckland when they decided last minute to offer seb a wildcard, they decided to offer arno to come too by paying his air fares for example :devil:

the potes are basically poached from under sydney's nose. too bad sydney cannot match the offers.
I usually have problems with those pdf's too. :(

I'm sorry for you that they went to Auckland. :hug:

soulage
01-09-2010, 05:48 PM
Look at this http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10619333

Arno is a true friend, I don't know why Palmer wanted Arno in Auckland but Arno who wants the WC for Seb is so cute :angel: even if it makes him some crazy things

Arnaud Clement

Sitting down to dinner the other night in Sydney, the Frenchman received a call from Heineken Open director Richard Palmer offering him a direct acceptance into the tournament. The world No 63 weighed it up and decided he'd take it on one condition. Palmer needed to guarantee a wildcard to his mate and compatriot Sebastien Grosjean - who has Clement as godfather to his children. Palmer agrees and the phone is then passed across the table to Grosjean, who by coincidence happens to be there, and the deal is done. So a coup for Palmer but also Kiwi tennis fans who haven't seen the pair in action here before. They come with big-match temperaments. Clement was runner-up at the 2001 Australian Open, while he beat Grosjean in the semifinals at the same event.

Kezzi
01-09-2010, 06:49 PM
Look at this http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10619333

Arno is a true friend, I don't know why Palmer wanted Arno in Auckland but Arno who wants the WC for Seb is so cute :angel: even if it makes him some crazy things
Ahhh, that's sooo cute. :hearts:
Hope he can arrange the same for Seb at R'dam. :angel:

Marine
01-09-2010, 08:26 PM

If you would see my smile after reading these sentences... :angel::hearts::hearts::hearts::angel:
Nothing to add:

"Quelqu'un de profondément gentil et généreux avec de vraies valeurs"... confirmation ;)

Via
01-09-2010, 09:35 PM
well then there's indeed a deal, but it's the other way round to what i imagined :o

sorry i must be the only one here who can't see the cuteness of this whole deal. broken promises to sydney and no one's apologising. besides, who's supposed to get that spare wild card that auckland still held on friday evening, when the draw came out on saturday? the truth is more complicated than it appears, that's what i think...

Kezzi
01-09-2010, 09:52 PM
I agree that's absolutely not fair to the tournament in Sydney. For me it's cute that Arno seems very happy that Seb is back and that he's trying to stay together.
As for the commitments made to Sydney, it's not fair from all parties to break them. Not for the players and certainly not the director in Auckland! For Arno and Seb I can imagine they take the better deal, but at least they could explain and apologize.

soulage
01-09-2010, 10:02 PM
Seb takes the WC of Nalbandian who entered the main draw after the second SE has been cleared. I don't know why Palmer called Arno to ask him to take the SE who was cleared the first but it seems Arno has been OK to change his mind as it was supposed to help Seb to have the MD WC but yes he has broken his engagement toward Sydney when he decided to enter Sydney qualies. I found that cute because when he will be old and retired the tournament of Sydney will surely don't care of him while his friend Seb will be there. If the ATP allows him to do that i mean playing in the MD of another tournament of where he entered the qualies it's surely authorized while I'm OK it's not fair but the reason is cute imo. You mean they left Sydney without explaing the situation to Sydney referee ?

Marine
01-09-2010, 10:06 PM
Via, I understand your disapointment (it already happened to me in Bercy with other players). Maybe you should ask him for apologizing to you if you see him in melbourne.. or just ask for some explanations at least.
As Kezzi I think he's chosen the better deal, and didn't think his presence in sydney could interest somebody, he's not federer nor nadal...

Kezzi
01-09-2010, 10:15 PM
You should definitely do that! Even Harry Kewell apologized to me when I said I already saw him at world cup training and he didn't come over for autograph/pics, but only waved from a far distance.
And if you do, Arno will know in the future that someone very important cares to see him in Sydney. :)

soulage
01-09-2010, 10:27 PM
It's a tennis player Harry Kewel i don't know him :confused: Well we are all ok to say that Arno should apologize and had only think about his situation.

Kezzi
01-09-2010, 10:44 PM
It's a tennis player Harry Kewel i don't know him :confused: Well we are all ok to say that Arno should apologize and had only think about his situation.
No, he's one of Australia's best soccer players. Via knows who he is. :)
But that I didn't get to see him that other time was a huge disappointment for me, so I understand how she feels. :hug: So that's why I agree with Marine, when you see him again Via, let him know you were disappointed about this. Just because he's a tennis player doesn't mean you can't treat him like anyone else. :p

Marine
01-09-2010, 10:57 PM
Yes, something like "so cute for your pote (passing potes in your hands), so crual to me" lol

soulage
01-10-2010, 09:11 PM
Arno and Seb are now in NZ, Arno'english is not good but he try to speak lol and the way he says Sebastien with the english accent :angel: the journalist also speak about the help of arno toward Seb The video is very small unfortunatly http://tvnz.co.nz/tennis-asb-classic-heineken-open/chat-arnaud-clement-0-40-3327417/video

Marine
01-10-2010, 09:20 PM
Arno and Seb are now in NZ, Arno'english is not good but he try to speak lol and the way he says Sebastien with the english accent :angel: the journalist also speak about the help of arno toward Seb The video is very small unfortunatly http://tvnz.co.nz/tennis-asb-classic-heineken-open/chat-arnaud-clement-0-40-3327417/video

chebastian ? lol portuguese accent now ? Plz arnaud, don't try, prononce in the french way ! lol
Yeah, his englis still is crap, whereas he has said in stockholm he improved :tape:

soulage
01-10-2010, 09:33 PM
His english can be better as in Stockholm but here it's not good and we understand cos we are french but the real english speaker i'm not sure lol

Always the same deal story tells in another way http://m.nzherald.co.nz/story/sport/10619465/

Tennis: Pair of French latecomers bring entertainment boost
11 January, 2010
4 a.m. | A chance phone call over dinner was responsible for bringing two more well-performed international stars to the Auckland men's tennis open.
Close buddies Arnaud Clement and Sebastien Grosjean were dining together in Sydney on Saturday night when a call came through for Clement from Heineken Open director Richard Palmer offering him a place in the tournament.
Clement had already decided to play in Sydney, where his ranking of 63 was good enough to just squeak into the draw. But Grosjean, the former world No 4, was at a loose end.
With his career having been severely disrupted by a shoulder injury, the 31-year-old former Australian Open finalist's ranking has slid to 677.
As fate would have it, a withdrawal in Auckland meant Palmer had a wildcard - previously earmarked for David Nalbandian - up his sleeve.
A deal was quickly struck. If Clement would come to Auckland, Grosjean could have the wildcard.
The late recruiting double swoop of the entertaining French pair is certainly a boon for an event deep in quality but lacking a superstar drawcard.
After a week of mismatches in the ASB Classic, New Zealand tennis fans will be desperate to witness some hard-fought, entertaining encounters.
Clement and Grosjean may be past their "best before" dates, but they are both well capable of delivering in the entertainment stakes.
Clement has drawn countryman Jeremy Chardy in the first round, while Grosjean will play German Florian Meyer.
For Grosjean, 2010 represents one last crack at the big time.
"It is never easy to come back, especially when you turn 30," he said. "But I have been practising for the last two months and had a few matches at the end of last year. There is no pain, so I try to come back and play one more year."
Grosjean has been to Auckland once, when he was eliminated in qualifying in 1997.

Marine
01-10-2010, 10:00 PM
His english can be better as in Stockholm but here it's not good and we understand cos we are french but the real english speaker i'm not sure lol

I can say I understand much better his english than any other english speaking guy ! lol
If only everybody would speak english like arnaud :awww:

Kezzi
01-10-2010, 10:21 PM
chebastian ? lol portuguese accent now ? Plz arnaud, don't try, prononce in the french way ! lol
Yeah, his englis still is crap, whereas he has said in stockholm he improved :tape:
I believe how he says it, it's correct in English. :) But he should pronounce it the French way, cause it's a French name otherwise the non-French won't know how to pronounce correctly. :p
I have a French name too, I hate the Dutch way of pronouncing it, so I keep correcting everyone, even if it's useless with some people. :rolleyes:

Always the same deal story tells in another way http://m.nzherald.co.nz/story/sport/10619465/
I'm not French and I have to say that I can understand him very well here.:) Of course there's the accent, but that's just cute. :hearts: My two French friends speak the same way in English and one of them studied English for his job.

Kezzi
01-10-2010, 10:38 PM
I can say I understand much better his english than any other english speaking guy ! lol
If only everybody would english like arnaud :awww:
Then everyone in the world would need to be taught with a French accent. :p
Most Frenchies I ever talked to were doing fine in English, it's the accent that makes them hard to understand. And that the grammar is different... My friends seem to use French grammar in English and do not use the right form of irregular verbs. This is something I noticed with both of them, because our conversations go much better when I don't use the irregular verbs on purpose. I don't always correct them, because I love them for trying so hard! The same with Arno, at least he tries to speak English and learn, even if he's hard to understand sometimes. :)
I :worship: every Frenchie for trying, because I'm worse in French than they can ever be in English. ;)
I can only judge the closer look on my friends, because I've talked to them more often than others I've met. :)

Catchie
01-10-2010, 11:34 PM
Nice video, I'm really excited to see him look so happy, with Seb standing beside him and that big smile on his face while he's talking :hearts:

It's the correct pronunciation in English :p

I'm not French and I understand perfectly fine :)

If only everybody would speak english like arnaud :awww:

I agree, his English is so cute :D A few years ago his English wasn't as good as what it is today. I think he has improved a lot over the years. The first couple of times I met him, it seems like he was a bit scared to speak in English because he wasn't good at it. :p

But I think he's good at it for a Frenchman. After all, he's not an English native speaker. It could be a lot worse (ever heard Dutch people on English television? That accent is horrible, a french accent is cute ;))

Edit: just wanted to add that the English can also have really bad accents and makes them very hard to understand for foreigners such as myself :p

Catchie
01-10-2010, 11:53 PM
I believe how he says it, it's correct in English. :) But he should pronounce it the French way, cause it's a French name otherwise the non-French won't know how to pronounce correctly. :p
I have a French name too, I hate the Dutch way of pronouncing it, so I keep correcting everyone, even if it's useless with some people. :rolleyes:
I also think Seb's name should be pronounced the original way.

@ Kezzi: You can't even pronounce your own name with the correct french accent ;) I have a german/dutch name, so no trouble there. But then again, in English or French-speaking countries they can't seem to remember it because they don't know it :o

Kezzi
01-10-2010, 11:58 PM
I also think Seb's name should be pronounced the original way.

@ Kezzi: You can't even pronounce your own name with the correct french accent ;) I have a german/dutch name, so no trouble there. But then again, in English or French-speaking countries they can't seem to remember it because they don't know it :o
Of course original French people say it the best, but Dutch people should understand that the last 'e' is silent and don't take the 'a' as 'aaaaaaaaa' like they're in pain or something. :p

Catchie
01-10-2010, 11:59 PM
Ahhh, that's sooo cute. :hearts:
Hope he can arrange the same for Seb at R'dam. :angel:

Seb has to come to Rotterdam! It's always been my dream to see them together, so that would be nice :)

Catchie
01-11-2010, 12:01 AM
Of course original French people say it the best, but Dutch people should understand that the last 'e' is silent and don't take the 'a' as 'aaaaaaaaa' like they're in pain or something. :p
:lol:

Marine
01-11-2010, 04:01 PM
I :worship: every Frenchie for trying, because I'm worse in French than they can ever be in English. ;)

Nice of you, but our english is better than your french, but our dutch is...unexistant ! :lol:
Your english is very good, that's the difference.

And also nice to find excuses to arnaud but as a tennisman who uses to spend most of his time in countries where he's supposed to speak english, he's NOT GOOD AT ALL !!! :o

If you compare with the other players from germant, sweden, russia etc...they're fluent (or almost)

Marine
01-11-2010, 04:14 PM
Doubles Entry List for the AO

Entry deadline: January 11, 2010

1 BRYAN, Bob/BRYAN, Mike 2
2 NESTOR, Daniel/ZIMONJIC, Nenad 6
3 DLOUHY, Lukas/PAES, Leander 14
4 BHUPATHI, Mahesh/MIRNYI, Max 18
5 FISH, Mardy/KNOWLES, Mark 24
6 KUBOT, Lukasz/MARACH, Oliver 25
7 MOODIE, Wesley/YOUZHNY, Mikhail 29
8 CERMAK, Frantisek/MERTINAK, Michal 30
9 GONZALEZ, Fernando/LJUBICIC, Ivan 35
10 FYRSTENBERG, Mariusz/MATKOWSKI, Marcin 35
11 GRANOLLERS, Marcel/ROBREDO, Tommy 41
12 KAS, Christopher/NORMAN, Dick 48
13 KNOWLE, Julian/LINDSTEDT, Robert 48
14 ASPELIN, Simon/HANLEY, Paul 51
15 LLODRA, Michael/RAM, Andy 58
16 MELO, Marcelo/SOARES, Bruno 58
17 ISNER, John/QUERREY, Sam 59
18 DAMM, Martin/POLASEK, Filip 60
19 CLEMENT, Arnaud/ERLICH, Jonathan 71
20 LEVINSKY, Jaroslav/PARROTT, Travis 72
21 BUTORAC, Eric/RAM, Rajeev 77
22 FERRER, David/LOPEZ, Marc 79
23 BELLUCCI, Thomaz/SA, Andre 80
24 HUTCHINS, Ross/KERR, Jordan 80
25 MELZER, Jurgen/PETZSCHNER, Philipp 81
26 CHIUDINELLI, Marco/TROICKI, Viktor 85
27 BRUNSTROM, Johan/ROJER, Jean-Julien 85
28 ALMAGRO, Nicolas/VENTURA, Santiago 86
29 ANDREEV, Igor/KOROLEV, Evgeny 88
30 CHARDY, Jeremy/GICQUEL, Marc 90
31 ACASUSO, Jose/CUEVAS, Pablo 91
32 GARCIA-LOPEZ, Guillermo/ROCHUS, Olivier 98
33 DE VOEST, Rik/LIPSKY, Scott 98
34 HERNANDEZ, Oscar/MONTANES, Albert 101
35 BECKER, Benjamin/MAYER, Florian 101
36 BALL, Carsten/HUSS, Stephen 106
37 KUNITSYN, Igor/SELA, Dudi 109
38 FLEMING, Colin/SKUPSKI, Ken 110
39 ARNOLD KER, Lucas/TECAU, Horia 111
40 SCHUETTLER, Rainer/WASKE, Alexander 115
41 FOGNINI, Fabio/STARACE, Potito 116
42 KARLOVIC, Ivo/VEMIC, Dusan 117
43 BOLELLI, Simone/SEPPI, Andreas 117
44 COETZEE, Jeff/WASSEN, Rogier 117
45 MAYER, Leonardo/ZEBALLOS, Horacio 120
46 BERRER, Michael/GREUL, Simon 133
47 LU, Yen-Hsun/TIPSAREVIC, Janko 136
48 GIL, Frederico/VLIEGEN, Kristof 137
49 STAKHOVSKY, Sergiy/ZVEREV, Mischa 138
50 FRIEDL, Leos/SKOCH, David 139
51 CERRETANI, James/RETTENMAIER, Travis 141
52 BOPANNA, Rohan/QURESHI, Aisam-Ul-Haq 142
53 CHELA, Juan Ignacio/GIMENO-TRAVER, Daniel 145
54 KOHLMANN, Michael/NIEMINEN, Jarkko 146
55 MARX, Philipp/ZELENAY, Igor 146
56 BENNETEAU, Julien/DARCIS, Steve 154
57 DANIEL, Marcos/KOELLERER, Daniel 158

Seriously, is it not stupid ????????
I have nothing against elrich/rem (ohh yes, I don't like them after watching them beat my favs in RG some years ago :devil:), but it sounds like if they have been mistaken with both teams.

Kezzi
01-11-2010, 09:00 PM
Nice of you, but our english is better than your french, but our dutch is...unexistant ! :lol:

And also nice to find excuses to arnaud but as a tennisman who uses to spend most of his time in countries where he's supposed to speak english, he's NOT GOOD AT ALL !!! :o

If you compare with the other players from germant, sweden, russia etc...they're fluent (or almost)
Yes, but French is a bigger language than Dutch. ;)

And my English is good, because I've learned it starting at a very young age. Dutchies start with English in the last years of preschool, then in high school we get at least 4 hours a week for 4,5 or 6 years. Depends on your level, I had 5 years. With already the same amount of English as Dutch lessons, we also need to make a choice between German or French for 2 hours per week. After high school there's university where the English continues for another 4 years. So everything added up, people have been teaching me English for 10 years. And we also learn a lot from tv, cause we get the original movies/series with subtitles instead of dubbed in Dutch. When I was around 6-7, cartoon network was only available in English. :shrug:
Most of my German I learned from tv, these days I keep my German up to date by watching German national channels. We receive them because we live close to the border. I don't even need subtitles to understand. :) I've only had 4 years of German at school and a German told me he was impressed that I'm so good at it.
That's a huge difference between France and NL. We are surrounded by foreign languages at the same amount (or even more) than our own. When I visited my friend in France, we've found only 2 dvds at his parents house (with quite a big collection) that had the option for original language with French subtitles. :tape: And when he was here with me, we watched a movie in English with subs for the hearing impaired, cause he wanted to test his English... Afterwards he was exhausted trying to understand, while I had no problem at all. The same with Dutch subs, when there's an error and they disappear, I notice it when the message "sorry for the inconvenience" shows up, because I don't need them anymore. These days the kids have Dora the explorer, teaching them English from the age they're old enough to sit in front of the tv. :p

So for Arno, I think his English is pretty good for being surrounded by French all the time. I think it's nice that Frenchies usually stick together at tournaments, but language wise they'd better mix up. Or they should watch the bbc at their hotels with subs for the hearing impaired. :p

soulage
01-12-2010, 07:50 AM
You're nice with the frenchies Kezzi :angel:

I just look the results and Arno won 75 64 :)now Ferrer

.-Federers_Mate-.
01-12-2010, 09:00 AM
he played quite well today..good luck against ferrer tomorrow :D..gona be a cracker!!!

Kezzi
01-12-2010, 11:14 AM
You're nice with the frenchies Kezzi :angel:

That's because every Frenchie I know is nice to me too. :) And I really believe the differences in the school system have effects on which is learned and how you learn it. It also influences you at a higher age, cause for me all the "self study" in high school was crap, I managed because it was easy and I didn't have to study a lot. At university I really needed to learn how to study again. :(

Allez! :bounce:

Kezzi
01-12-2010, 11:15 AM
he played quite well today..good luck against ferrer tomorrow :D..gona be a cracker!!!
Did you visit the tourney? :D

kukka
01-12-2010, 11:17 AM

How nice that both Arnaud and Séb won today! Allez! :hearts:

Elina

Marine
01-12-2010, 09:06 PM
WoW, 2 good wins today, the guys are motived !
It will be tough against Ferrer.

Catchie
01-12-2010, 09:49 PM

If you compare with the other players from germany, sweden, russia etc...they're fluent (or almost)

Sometimes people from germany also have trouble with the english language... :lol:

click here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yR0lWICH3rY)

Catchie
01-12-2010, 09:51 PM
WoW, 2 good wins today, the guys are motived !
It will be tough against Ferrer.
Allez Arnaud :bounce:
Allez Séb :bounce:

Via
01-13-2010, 12:28 AM
Seb takes the WC of Nalbandian who entered the main draw after the second SE has been cleared. I don't know why Palmer called Arno to ask him to take the SE who was cleared the first but it seems Arno has been OK to change his mind as it was supposed to help Seb to have the MD WC but yes he has broken his engagement toward Sydney when he decided to enter Sydney qualies. I found that cute because when he will be old and retired the tournament of Sydney will surely don't care of him while his friend Seb will be there. If the ATP allows him to do that i mean playing in the MD of another tournament of where he entered the qualies it's surely authorized while I'm OK it's not fair but the reason is cute imo. You mean they left Sydney without explaing the situation to Sydney referee ?

no surely sydney nor any other tourneys will be paying a retirement pension to arno or any other player. but surely sydney and other tourneys that they had entered and won matches in the past have already contributed to their financial well being, thank you very much! it's a mutual situation, one hand washes the other and no one owes the other anything (unless it's a contractual situation.)

but at 10pm friday evening before the saturday 9am start, and the tournament did not know they had withdrawn and issued the order of play as we had seen. i don't know if there are any atp rules regarding withdrawal deadline, but i guess sydney is used to these players to come and go as they please, even tanking, and as far as i can see, sydney is used to putting up with it all these years, no one has been banned/fined or whatever. that's not good for the business as they'll need the players back next year. so if it sucks for some fans, so be it. the players are larger than anyone else :rolleyes:

asking arno to apologise to me? :haha: no i'm not that naive. i have nothing useful for him either :p

may he and seb play well in auckland and go there every year ever since. mind you, there's reason for some other players to come to sydney. auckland is much cooler than aus, and they haven't changed to plexicusion yet, so not exactly the best preparation for next week. but who knows, maybe they'll get some more practice and match confidence, and prove sydney wrong for not treating them better lol

Marine
01-13-2010, 10:01 AM
Arnaud just have beaten Ferrer 7/5 6/4 ! :worship:
I watched the second set on streaming. He was stronger than his opponent tonight, and played quite well (but the last games lasted too long time :o).

soulage
01-13-2010, 11:36 AM
Arno was often on troubles on serve but Ferrer converted no BP and played two poor service games at the wrong moment. Arno has been a bit lucky imo but well he didn't make a lot of UE was consistant and more and more slow between the points lol It was midnight in NZ at the end of the match to play Melzer at 2.30 pm today.

The guy who writes on the tournament twitter just before the match http://twitter.com/HeinekenOpenNZ First game up tonight, David Ferrer vs Arnaud Clement..... lets hope Clement is kinder to the ball kids tonight.... Arno has discovered NZ and NZ ball kids has discovered Arno :o

Marine
01-13-2010, 12:58 PM
] Arno has discovered NZ and NZ ball kids has discovered Arno :o

Yahoo
Arnaud Clément a, lui, fait encore mieux, avec sa superbe victoire contre David Ferrer (7/5 6/4). Perturbé par la pluie, le match a été un régal pour les fans du Center Court de l'ASB Tennis Centre. Malgré un service défaillant (56% de premières contre 72% pour Ferrer), Clément n'a jamais paniqué. Surtout sur sa mise en jeu d'ailleurs, puisqu'il a sauvé 5 balles de break sur les 5 concédées ! De quoi calmer les ardeurs de Ferrer, pour qui la perte de deux seuls jeux de service aura signifié la perte du match. Clément retrouvera au prochain tour Jurgen Melzer.

Kezzi
01-13-2010, 01:13 PM
Arnaud just have beaten Ferrer 7/5 6/4 ! :worship:
I watched the second set on streaming. He was stronger than his opponent tonight, and played quite well (but the last games lasted too long time :o).
Wow! :worship:
I thought about getting out of bed, but I was too tired when the alarm went off. :p

Kezzi
01-13-2010, 01:15 PM
The guy who writes on the tournament twitter just before the match http://twitter.com/HeinekenOpenNZ Arno has discovered NZ and NZ ball kids has discovered Arno :o

Marine
01-14-2010, 04:55 AM
ehehehehe....Arnaud d. Melzer 6/2 7/5 ! :bounce:
He's in semi.
Melzer was up 4-1 in the second set :p

At least, he's not in NZ for nothing.

ATP
Frenchman Arnaud Clement followed up his upset win over No. 2 Ferrer by defeating sixth-seeded Austrian Jurgen Melzer 6-2, 7-5. World No. 67 Clement countered losing his own serve once by converting four of seven break points to prevail in 77 minutes and level his career series with Melzer at 2-2.

The 32-year-old Clement, who finished runner-up to Andre Agassi at the 2001 Australian Open, will face either 2008 Auckland champion Philipp Kohlschreiber or countryman Marc Gicquel in the semi-finals. He is bidding to reach his first ATP World Tour final since finishing runner-up to Ivo Karlovic in Nottingham (now the AEGON International in Eastbourne) in June 2007.

soulage
01-14-2010, 08:54 AM
Good work boy but i saw nothing :eek: Kohli next surely more consistant player than Melzer lol. I found the MP at the end of that video http://tvnz.co.nz/tennis-asb-classic-heineken-open/isner-stomps-robredo-in-scorcher-3330215/video He looks happy :) Some details about the match here in this day report http://tvnz.co.nz/tennis-asb-classic-heineken-open/heineken-open-day-four-blog-3330084

soulage
01-14-2010, 11:09 AM
The words of Arno after match http://www.heinekenopen.co.nz/1/news/newsarticle_4132.asp

Frenchman Arnaud Clement and American John Isner are at opposite ends of the singles draw and have very different styles of play, but as the Heineken Open progresses, fate seems to be drawing these giantkillers together.

Clement, one of the last additions to the main draw, was up until midnight, dodging rain delays, to dispatch second-seed David Ferrer in straight sets on Wednesday night, then returned to centre court yesterday to end the hopes of Austrian sixth seed Jurgen Melzer 6-2 7-5.

"Of course, it was not so easy, but I can't say anything now I won today. I have time for recovery and a good feeling in my body."

With his hustling mentality, Clement recovered from an early break in the second set to wear his rival down, obviously frustrating him - literally - to breaking point.

"I don't have any big shot in my game, so I have to try and be focused every time," he said. "If I am down a break, I always have to fight if I have a little chance.

"Today, I had a chance and I took it."

"It is the first time I play here and I am in the semifinals," he smiled. "The end of the tournament is close and only one more step to the final.

"I want to win ... I am very hungry for the title."

Kezzi
01-14-2010, 11:27 AM
Woohoo! I'm so happy for him! :bounce:
Didn't see any of it, so I'd better not stay up for other matches like I wanted to do. :p
Thanks for the infos Marine & Soulage! :D

Marine
01-14-2010, 08:32 PM
The words of Arno after match http://www.heinekenopen.co.nz/1/news/newsarticle_4132.asp

I like his grammar, he uses sentences I would use too...lol

Yes it would be nice, a new title, but when we start to think it, it doesn't work, so I still continue to say a semi is very good, with 3 wins over top 30. ;)

Catchie
01-14-2010, 09:12 PM
The guy who writes on the tournament twitter just before the match http://twitter.com/HeinekenOpenNZ Arno has discovered NZ and NZ ball kids has discovered Arno :o

Marine
01-15-2010, 04:56 AM
Arnaud Clément, France b. Philipp Kohlschreiber (5), Allemagne, 6-3, 7-6 (2). :woohoo:

How to start well the day ?? To wake up to check the results down under ! I love the austral tour !!! :dance:

In final, arnaud will play the giant John Isner. LOL

Catchie
01-15-2010, 08:51 AM
Arnaud Clément, France b. Philipp Kohlschreiber (5), Allemagne, 6-3, 7-6 (2). :woohoo:

How to start well the day ?? To wake up to check the results down under ! I love the austral tour !!! :dance:

In final, arnaud will play the giant John Isner. LOL

:woohoo: :bounce: What a great start of the day! Thanks! :D

soulage
01-15-2010, 09:23 AM
The diminutive Clement vs the tall Isner lol here a video with images of the match http://tvnz.co.nz/tennis-asb-classic-heineken-open/giant-killer-clement-takes-down-last-seed-3330638/video

We forget but for AO Arno draws Blake, he never beats him but anyway with his Auckland's run arno is not coming down under for nothing. A first round exit would be less dramatic after that week.

Kezzi
01-15-2010, 10:55 AM
Great news! Allez Arnooo! :bounce:

kukka
01-15-2010, 11:06 AM
I've been so busy this week that I have on some days forgotten to check the results down under when I wake up. But today I remembered and it was a very good news to read that Arnaud is through to the final! :D

Allez Arnaud! :yippee:

Elina

soulage
01-15-2010, 11:43 AM
Arno is the sport hootie of the week for the website tvnz lol http://tvnz.co.nz/tennis-asb-classic-heineken-open/sports-hottie-week-arnaud-clement-3330570 big succes towards NZ girls for Arno :lol: The girl who held the blog of that site also find him cute ad charming http://tvnz.co.nz/tennis-asb-classic-heineken-open/heineken-open-day-five-blog-3330551 And they all love his accent :angel:

Kezzi
01-15-2010, 05:08 PM
And this year a pocket rocket Frenchman has caught our eye. Oo la la, indeed.
So funny! :lol:

Catchie
01-15-2010, 06:18 PM
Arno is the sport hootie of the week for the website tvnz lol http://tvnz.co.nz/tennis-asb-classic-heineken-open/sports-hottie-week-arnaud-clement-3330570 big succes towards NZ girls for Arno :lol: The girl who held the blog of that site also find him cute ad charming http://tvnz.co.nz/tennis-asb-classic-heineken-open/heineken-open-day-five-blog-3330551 And they all love his accent :angel:

I think this is great! Finally some good PR for Arno ;)

Marine
01-15-2010, 07:07 PM
The diminutive Clement vs the tall Isner lol here a video with images of the match http://tvnz.co.nz/tennis-asb-classic-heineken-open/giant-killer-clement-takes-down-last-seed-3330638/video

We forget but for AO Arno draws Blake, he never beats him but anyway with his Auckland's run arno is not coming down under for nothing. A first round exit would be less dramatic after that week.

I like the way you plan his early loss in Melbourne ! lol
But it's often like that it happens...the players who play well before a grand slam lose at first round. And yes, stats are terrible against Blake. :o

Ok,well,we'll waiting a little bit before watching him back home... let's give him a chance to prove us wrong.

ALLEZ ARNAUD, WIN THE TITLE IN AUCKLAND !!!

ps: ma parole, ils font une ptite fixette sur notre accent, soulage ! lol

higherlaw
01-16-2010, 12:58 AM
:bigclap: Go Arnaud!

Watching the livestream...

Kezzi
01-16-2010, 01:01 AM
Me too! :bounce:
Managed to stay awake. :p

Like what they said in the beginning: 32 year old, moving like a 23 year old. :lol:

higherlaw
01-16-2010, 01:26 AM

Like what they said in the beginning: 32 year old, moving like a 23 year old. :lol:

What a dedicated fan you are! Did you notuce the guy in the front row eating noodles?:eek:

Arnaud has to jump up to return Isner's serves.

(I wish he'd ditch the beard!)

Michael.
01-16-2010, 01:31 AM
Let's go Arnaud :bigclap:

Kezzi
01-16-2010, 01:32 AM
What a dedicated fan you are! Did you notuce the guy in the front row eating noodles?:eek:

Arnaud has to jump up to return Isner's serves.

(I wish he'd ditch the beard!)
There are more people eating noodles! :eek:

What did they say about his glasses? I heard something about losing sight, playing with glasses ever since and that he trains with contacts... I always thought he didn't actually need the glasses, it just improves his sight a very little bit. :scratch:
My stream dies all the time, have seen more of the audience than the actual match so far. Not even the sound continues. :(

higherlaw
01-16-2010, 01:38 AM

There are more people eating noodles! :eek:

What did they say about his glasses? I heard something about losing sight, playing with glasses ever since and that he trains with contacts... I always thought he didn't actually need the glasses, it just improves his sight a very little bit. :scratch:
My stream dies all the time, have seen more of the audience than the actual match so far. Not even the sound continues. :(

They said he's had eye problems since a child and that the doctors thought he'd lose his eyesight. Hmm ...do they mean go BLIND or just need glasses? In any case, I've never heard that story. They said he wears contacts when he trains; no glasses. Not sure all that information is entirely true.

He loses the first set. Those noodles are making me hungry!

Kezzi
01-16-2010, 01:45 AM
They said he's had eye problems since a child and that the doctors thought he'd lose his eyesight. Hmm ...do they mean go BLIND or just need glasses? In any case, I've never heard that story. They said he wears contacts when he trains; no glasses. Not sure all that information is entirely true.

He loses the first set. Those noodles are making me hungry!
Also never heard that before... And I think need glasses, cause I don't think there's much to do against going blind... :scratch: Also thought he trains without glasses and contacts, cause the correction is minimal, don't remember where I got that from tho. :p

Yes me too! I just opened a can of Pringles, if I get fat, it's their fault. :lol:

And what a point in the first game of the 2nd set! :worship: So close to the net, going out the court and Arno still gets it back! :D
I do feel a little sorry for him, every time he looks up to serve he has to think "how do I get past that giant?". :p

Kezzi
01-16-2010, 01:46 AM
Let's go Arnaud :bigclap:
Another supporter, yay! :bigwave:

Kezzi
01-16-2010, 01:51 AM
He just put his war color on. :rolls:
(Sunscreen stick across his cheeks and nose ;))

And uh-oh: Arno's getting frustrated. :unsure:

Marine
01-16-2010, 01:53 AM
I'm here too (too tired to speak english too much sorry...)
The streaming doesn't stop bugging :mad: The giant doesn't stop serving :mad:

higherlaw
01-16-2010, 01:54 AM
Also never heard that before... And I think need glasses, cause I don't think there's much to do against going blind... :scratch: Also thought he trains without glasses and contacts, cause the correction is minimal, don't remember where I got that from tho. :p

Yes me too! I just opened a can of Pringles, if I get fat, it's their fault. :lol:

And what a point in the first game of the 2nd set! :worship: So close to the net, going out the court and Arno still gets it back! :D
I do feel a little sorry for him, every time he looks up to serve he has to think "how do I get past that giant?". :p

He's had some great shots. No overheads to Isner cos he'll get them all.

Now I want a Heineken lol! lost my stream :mad:

Kezzi
01-16-2010, 02:02 AM
Hi :wavey: Couldn't resist? :p

He's had some great shots. No overheads to Isner cos he'll get them all.

Now I want a Heineken lol! lost my stream :mad:
I agree, Arno's not playing bad at all, but the same goes for Isner. :p

My stream's gone too. :fiery: Like Marine said it kept bugging all the time before! Thought registering for the 'official' stream would be an advantage, but not at all. :(

higherlaw
01-16-2010, 02:08 AM

It's so late/early in europe. :wavey:

soulage
01-16-2010, 09:29 AM
I just watch the MP on tnz site and he missed nothing but such a pity a loss in a third set tie-breaker after havin a MP :sad: I hope he won't be too much frustrated and have some good others moments during the season.

Marine
01-16-2010, 09:34 AM
Ok, nobody here to give the bad news; Arnaud lost the final 6/3 5/7 7/6 (2)
I stayed waking up until 6.am for...nothing :o
He got a match point on Isner's serve but it was not enough.
I'm too tired and disapointed to make a report (kezzi...? lol)

Anyway: this week in Auckland was very positive, arnaud is very fit, concentrated, motived, his game's level is good, we just can hope it's going on like that !!!

official site:
He took 2h 18m - the tournament's longest match and his fourth two-hour marathon of the week - to dispense with pesky French veteran Arnaud Clement 6-3 5-7 7-6(2) in a fascinating contest of styles.

But Isner's run to the Panasonic Singles crown probably began at the 2009 tournament, where he came through qualifying to eventually fall in the quarterfinals, developing a strong fan following with his never-say-die efforts.

"Last year, I played five really tough matches," he reflected on his arrival in Auckland last week. "If I can do that this year, I will have made it to the final."

And so it proved.

Neither player seemed prepared to take a backward step and when Isner had the first chance to break serve at 3-2 in the first set, Clement responded with three aces to save.

Perhaps that softened up the Frenchman, because he could not salvage his next service game and Isner served out the set, claiming it with his fifth ace.

The second went with serve and seemed headed for the tiebreak until Clement prised a break at 6-5 to claim the set. Isner admitted probably taking his eye off the ball, already looking ahead to a possible tiebreak.

He opened the third set with a break, Clement broke back immediately and actually seemed to be getting on top as his rival lost some rhythm in his play. Clement held a match point at 6-5, but could not capitalise.

"You know, I would rather win that game like I did than if I had won it to love," said Isner. "It gave me a lot of confidence to play pretty much a flawless tiebreaker.

The American seized an immediate edge in the tiebreak, Clement responded in kind, but Isner had three more points on his serve, the last - a crushing return into the backhand corner - the matchwinner.

"You know, you can win a match, you can lose a match, but the most important thing is to do your best on the day," rued Clement (32).

"I did my best and was very close to winning the match. It was very disappointing ... it's hard, but it's OK."

Isner made the most of his biggest weapon - his overpowering serve - sending down 22 aces and just two double faults, while connecting with with 73% of his first serves.

He had one more special delivery after the match when he announced to the media his intention to donate $US5000 to Red Cross for the Haiti earthquake relief fund.

atp:
"Of course I'm disappointed to lose in the final but I think I played well during the entire week," Clement said. "I think it worked out pretty well. I played good matches, beat good players and today couldn't beat Isner who played a great match. This is probably his first title of many to come.
"Overall I'm very happy with my game. If I play like this all year long I think I have a chance to be back in the Top 20."

Is Via's boycott over now ?

soulage
01-16-2010, 10:01 AM
"Overall I'm very happy with my game. If I play like this all year long I think I have a chance to be back in the Top 20."
:lol: be quiet arno all the weeks won't be like that lol and he needs rest now.

Marine
01-16-2010, 10:14 AM
If he really was playing like that every week (reaching final), he would'nt be back in the top 20, he would be in the top 5 !!!
So... lol

What can we hope for 2010 ?
- Maybe a title.
- Some good matches in grand slam (a 1/8, a 1/4 why not...)
- Stay in the top 60
- A come back in DC (no, just a dream, sorry)
- nicer shirts for RG !

ehehehe I'm ambitious :D

soulage
01-16-2010, 10:51 AM
ps: ma parole, ils font une ptite fixette sur notre accent, soulage ! lol
The girls of the blog repeats it again http://tvnz.co.nz/tennis-asb-classic-heineken-open/heineken-open-finals-day-blog-3330914

Clement charms the crowd with his accented "Sanks" to everyone especially the crowd who has filled the Centre every day for his first visit to Auckland.

- Maybe a title.
- Stay in the top 60
- nicer shirts for RG !

ehehehe I'm ambitious
A title well i'm not convinced a final it's already better than two past years, GS depends of the draw and i think Wim is his best opportunities. I would say stay in the top 100 and my dream the double title in RG :angel:

Marine
01-16-2010, 10:55 AM
He has to find another mika !!!

soulage
01-16-2010, 11:10 AM
A motivated partner

Well Arno is in the bottom of the draw so AO it's already monday :eek:. They play not before 5 pm, i think he will be tired by the week, the travel, the loss and Blake has always beats him. The old guy :devil: need to recover before his impressiv shedule for indoor season. Erlich finally don't play his double match in Sydney with Lopez so i'm wondering about his association with Arno in melbourne :confused:

Kezzi
01-16-2010, 12:17 PM
Ok, nobody here to give the bad news; Arnaud lost the final 6/3 5/7 7/6 (2)
I stayed waking up until 6.am for...nothing :o
He got a match point on Isner's serve but it was not enough.
I'm too tired and disapointed to make a report (kezzi...? lol)

Anyway: this week in Auckland was very positive, arnaud is very fit, concentrated, motived, his game's level is good, we just can hope it's going on like that !!!

Sorry, fell asleep somewhere at the end second set. :o
The stream kept disappearing... I almost fell asleep the stream went off, but when the sound came back it was like an alarm clock. But somehow the stream didn't come back at that point. :p
But what I've seen, I thought Arno played well. Some pretty amazing shots! :eek:
Just Isner also played well and those serves! Pfff...

soulage
01-16-2010, 12:53 PM
In lequipe we learn that he makes some changement in his forehand and he's not happy about the AO draw lol He was very happy about his first set vs Kohli.

Kezzi
01-16-2010, 01:01 PM
I just watch the MP on tnz site and he missed nothing but such a pity a loss in a third set tie-breaker after havin a MP :sad: I hope he won't be too much frustrated and have some good others moments during the season.
Did anyone see how Isner saved the MP against him? :)

Marine
01-16-2010, 01:04 PM
I saw but I don't remember (arnaud's fault I think)

soulage
01-16-2010, 01:34 PM
We can't blame him on this point big serve, smash by big john. The volley of Isner wasn't really good but Arno wasn't in a good position to make a passing and the lob doesn't work on that guy lol You can see the point on the video http://tvnz.co.nz/tennis-asb-classic-heineken-open/isner-wins-thrilling-heineken-open-final-3330982/video

Kezzi
01-16-2010, 02:07 PM
Thanks Soulage! :hug:

Hangdog
01-17-2010, 05:56 AM
Thanks a lot to everyone for all the news!!! :worship:

Of course, it's a pity Arnaud didn't manage to take the title - especially considering the tough final with a close score and a match point - but he's got a wonderful week anyway and was doing his best, as he noted himself, and that's the most important. And now looking at his great form we can see why he was so pissed off a week before losing to Odesnik (American invasion for poor Arnaud: Odesnik, Isner, now Blake :o).

BTW, how come there is no photo of Arnaud and Big John posing together with their trophies?! :devil:

AO doubles draw is out: Clement/Erlich vs (10)Knowle/Lindstedt in the first round :unsure:
Is Via's boycott over now ?
Via was probably still in Melbourne. It's likely to be the first year in ages that she misses Arnaud in Australia :awww:
If he really was playing like that every week (reaching final), he would'nt be back in the top 20, he would be in the top 5 !!!
So... lol

- Maybe a title.
- Stay in the top 60
- nicer shirts for RG !

ehehehe I'm ambitious :D
Lovely list :lol: The last point seems the most realistic to me :p

soulage
01-17-2010, 03:36 PM
AO doubles draw is out: Clement/Erlich vs (10)Knowle/Lindstedt in the first round :unsure:
Not easy, we'll see how they play together.In lequipe they remind us that Arno lost his 7 matches vs Blake :devil: In a way it would be nice to stop that serie but i think that mentally he lost energy in Auckland. Arno seems not too much frustrated by the loss and quite happy about his level of play uring the week.

There is already an audio of audio on FFT website http://www.fft.fr/open-australie/2010/?id=5789 Arno is happy of the work on his forehand and the journalist are surprised by his desire to be on court at 32 lol. He seems happy to have coach now.

Marine
01-19-2010, 04:56 AM
I hate, I hate to wake up at 6.00am and hear this lind of result :mad::mad::mad:

Not good to start my day...

Via
01-19-2010, 05:52 AM
:mad: :fiery::mad: :fiery:

i can't remember the last time i saw him win. it's a tough match for him first round but he did start off very well, both guys trading serves and holding. he looked nervous from the start but blake looked relaxed so the mental thing was certainly there.

then the announcement from the adjacent court came with seb losing his match to ilhan. arnaud seemed to lose focus right away and lost serve :o

he did fight back from an early break in 2nd set but lost that set too. from then it's all downhill, more and more mistakes and more and more agitated with everyone on court :rolleyes:

i don't like this result either and it ruined my day at the tennis. now i'm leaving melbourne :(

soulage
01-19-2010, 07:53 AM
It was not your year with arno Via :sad:

In fft audio he says he's very disappointed since Auckland it was good but it was supposed to give him confidence for there cos for him the GS are very important. He says he doesn't stay on the way and that Blake put on him pressure that he didn't manage to resist. They're scheduled tomorrow for doubles.

Via
01-19-2010, 08:05 AM
It was not your year with arno Via :sad:

In fft audio he says he's very disappointed since Auckland it was good but it was supposed to give him confidence for there cos for him the GS are very important. He says he doesn't stay on the way and that Blake put on him pressure that he didn't manage to resist. They're scheduled tomorrow for doubles.

no, but i can't remember which year was better now. sorry i left just now, and now i'm at the airport. i'll read up on all the news when i'm home, thanks!

am i boycotting arno? lol i had to extend to stay one more day in melbourne to catch this match :o last night i stayed till 10pm until all matches were cancelled. i did stay out in the cold and rain to watch seb. if arno had to play at midnight i'd stay :rain:

well it's all over now, and i'm back to be irritated again :haha:

soulage
01-19-2010, 08:52 AM
Maybe a Voodoo doll of Arno could help you to be less irritated :D I mean when when we are frustrated by him we could act out on the doll :shout:

Kezzi
01-19-2010, 10:48 AM
Maybe male Barbies in the form of Arno will be a huge hit for Mattel. :lol:

Catchie
01-19-2010, 09:24 PM
Maybe male Barbies in the form of Arno will be a huge hit for Mattel. :lol:

I would definitely buy one!!!

.... or 2... or 10..... :o:lol:

Marine
01-19-2010, 10:12 PM
no, but i can't remember which year was better now. sorry i left just now, and now i'm at the airport. i'll read up on all the news when i'm home, thanks!

am i boycotting arno? lol i had to extend to stay one more day in melbourne to catch this match :o last night i stayed till 10pm until all matches were cancelled. i did stay out in the cold and rain to watch seb. if arno had to play at midnight i'd stay :rain:

well it's all over now, and i'm back to be irritated again :haha:

Via :hug:

I know your feelings, even if I did't travel for his match.
You're really not lucky with him (ohh it makes me think I'm not sure I already saw him win a match :scratch: well,the 3last ones, he lost them I'm sure...)
That's just frustrating. I guess it must be so nice to see him happy, nice and smiling at the end of a match...

Now, simple excuses for sydney are not enough, he should reimburse your travel costs. :o

Marine
01-19-2010, 10:15 PM
I would definitely buy one!!!

.... or 2... or 10..... :o:lol:

eheh, what a great duet, the sisters ! :lol:

Kezzi
01-19-2010, 10:22 PM

You're really not lucky with him (ohh it makes me think I'm not sure I already saw him win a match :scratch: well,the 3last ones, he lost them I'm sure...)
That's just frustrating. I guess it must be so nice to see him happy, nice and smiling at the end of a match...

Now, simple excuses for sydney are not enough, he should reimburse your travel costs. :o
I agree! :yeah:

Hopefully you still enjoyed visiting the tournament Via :hug:

Catchie
01-19-2010, 11:22 PM
I was just watching the Natascha Thomas video with Arnaud in it and look what I saw :lol:

Via
01-20-2010, 12:31 AM
*sigh* thanks for all your kind concern. i suppose the most irritated one yesterday was arno, so who am i to complain.

that's just what us fans want to see again, but it doesn't come often, and this year only the kiwi fans have such luck :sad: as usual when arno loses, he's upset and grumpy, even though me and some other french fans went to him after the match, he wouldn't talk or look at us. so it's not great for us when he loses lol

the only thing that has improved is his english :eek: he can now complain to the umpire in coherent english and not just waving his hands around (how can you be sure it's out? ... it's right on the line as i see it ... :haha:)

another sad thing i've noticed, is that there isn't much love left between arno and melbourne fans any more. most of the crowd yesterday supported james blake. there's no lack of grumbling among the crowd whenever arno made a fuss. and he did about every little thing, from ballkid and towels to umpire ruling to noises in the crowd to the cover on his seat :rolleyes: every thing annoyed him.

soulage
01-20-2010, 09:11 AM
Arnaud's standard when he lost.

usual when arno loses, he's upset and grumpy, even though me and some other french fans went to him after the match, he wouldn't talk or look at us. so it's not great for us when he loses lol
I read on a facebook of a french guy that Arno insult him so he talks a bit :devil: Bad arno :armed:

Arno and Jonathan won their first round match :). They doesn't play tomorrow.

Kezzi
01-20-2010, 01:18 PM
*sigh* thanks for all your kind concern. i suppose the most irritated one yesterday was arno, so who am i to complain.

that's just what us fans want to see again, but it doesn't come often, and this year only the kiwi fans have such luck :sad: as usual when arno loses, he's upset and grumpy, even though me and some other french fans went to him after the match, he wouldn't talk or look at us. so it's not great for us when he loses lol

the only thing that has improved is his english :eek: he can now complain to the umpire in coherent english and not just waving his hands around (how can you be sure it's out? ... it's right on the line as i see it ... :haha:)

another sad thing i've noticed, is that there isn't much love left between arno and melbourne fans any more. most of the crowd yesterday supported james blake. there's no lack of grumbling among the crowd whenever arno made a fuss. and he did about every little thing, from ballkid and towels to umpire ruling to noises in the crowd to the cover on his seat :rolleyes: every thing annoyed him.
I think you have every right to complain. Arno gets to see himself every day, fans have to do with the tournaments they're able to travel to, so that's 1-2 times a year IF they're lucky and he plays there.
I'm sorry for you and the other fans that he was so grumpy. :hug:

Looking at the bright side! :lol: Great to hear his English improved. :)

I noticed that in NL too last year. Especially 's-Hertogenbosch was bad when one man started cheering for Arno's faults. :o Lots of people are also surprised when they find out that my sister and I are fans and they don't believe it when we tell them he CAN be nice. :awww:

tedlesurfeur
01-20-2010, 04:36 PM
I'm sorry... I didn't follow this up but... why is he playing with Erlich, while Mika is playing with Ram? :scared: :lol:

Kezzi
01-20-2010, 05:00 PM
We don't know either. :p

Marine
01-20-2010, 08:03 PM
I'm sorry... I didn't follow this up but... why is he playing with Erlich, while Mika is playing with Ram? :scared: :lol:

Le "couple" s'essoufflait, recours à l'échangisme...seuls les Israéliens ont accepté... :p:p:p

Franchement, la situation est tellement saugrenue (voir ridicule) que ça m'aurait fait rire qu'ils se rencontrent !!

Marine
01-23-2010, 10:16 AM
Arnaud & Erlich still in the race ! They reach the third round :worship:

Mika lost. :devil:

Catchie
01-23-2010, 11:29 AM
Arnaud & Erlich still in the race ! They reach the third round :worship:

Mika lost. :devil:

:bounce:

Via
01-23-2010, 11:21 PM
:worship: great work from the new partners. what's the answer to the question why he's playing with the other israelite? lol if they are the 'leftovers' from the ram/llodra union, it's ironic that they're doing better :devil:

i think i saw arno on the stands too last night at tsonga's match? but not sure.

soulage
01-24-2010, 02:50 PM
I found no pics of them :sad: A quarter final in GS with a new partner that's good even if to be honnest the teams they have faced are not the most amazing :devil: and it was close and the bagel yesterday lol Well it's nice to see them there :) If arno doesn't pull out from Zagreb it won't give him a lot of time to recover as the quarter should not be before tuesday or wednesday.

Catchie
01-24-2010, 07:39 PM
I found no pics of them :sad: A quarter final in GS with a new partner that's good even if to be honnest the teams they have faced are not the most amazing :devil: and it was close and the bagel yesterday lol Well it's nice to see them there :) If arno doesn't pull out from Zagreb it won't give him a lot of time to recover as the quarter should not be before tuesday or wednesday.

And now QF against Zimonjic/Nestor...

One of my other faves is Zimonjic, but I'm always for Arnaud, even it's a bit harder when he plays against an other player I like... :o

Allez Arnaud :bounce:

Edit: only in the thread I started for Nenad I cheered for him a little bit, because otherwise that would be weird, as the thread starter :p:angel:

Via
01-24-2010, 11:35 PM
i guess his open will end here after this match :devil:... and should be in time for zagreb if he so wishes!

when we saw his schedule we're wondering what he's doing for 2nd week in melbourne. well the guy knew better lol

soulage
01-25-2010, 07:45 AM
Arno says they have not their marks together and that's tough on crucial points and he plays on the left that's a changements for him.

Kezzi
01-25-2010, 10:35 AM
Arno says they have not their marks together and that's tough on crucial points and he plays on the left that's a changements for him.
He played on the left in Mons too. :scratch:

soulage
01-26-2010, 09:17 AM
an article about erlich http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1145200.html so it deals with arno and it appears that's erlich who asked to arno to play with him. I don't know if they plan to other tournaments together but the ranking of Erlich is not enough good for the moment :confused:

Last month, Erlich and Bar set out to find a quality partner for the upcoming tournaments, first among them the Australian Open. After mentioning a few names, Erlich asked his coach what he thought of the Frenchman Clement. "He's a fighter and a winner who knows how to close out matches," Bar told his charge emphatically. "Go for it."
"We wanted to maintain peace of mind and know with whom we are going to war," the coach said of the short decision-making process.
Clement-Erlich had to enter the Grand Slam tournament without any prior preparation. Nonetheless, they managed to beat 10th-ranked Robert Lindstedt and Julian Knowle in the first round. In the second round they took out the Spanish-German team of Feliciano Lopez and Rainer Schuettler. And in Sunday's third round match, they defeated Johan Brunstrom and Jean-Julien Rojer to reach the quarterfinals.
It seems that the 32-year-old Frenchman, who is ranked 55th in singles and 69th in doubles, is exactly what was needed for Erlich's comeback. "Clement is a very talented, versatile player," Tzoref said. "He has an incredible feel for the ball. Yoni covers for him on all matters related to going to the net and serves, and he covers Yoni with his return ground strokes and baseline play, and he also wins important points."

Via
01-26-2010, 11:25 AM
this is supposed to clear up the erlich mystery, only trouble for me is, i don't even know why erlich needed a comeback in the first place. lol

the pair will play 11am on court 1 on wednesday... good luck to them, if only the upset trend today will continue into tomorrow :devil:

btw talking about frenchie english... henri leconte has been guest commenting for our tv this year. he's pretty fluent of course, it would take arno many more years to get there... but usually all we hear from him is ohhhhhh.....ouf!!!! ... AHHHHHHHH :lol: (that's when tsonga was playing)

Via
01-27-2010, 05:45 AM
clement/erlich lost 7-6 (8-6) very close :(

this pair should be here to stay for awhile :)

Marine
01-27-2010, 08:42 AM
FFT

Clément rate le casse
Arnaud Clément a raté deux balles de match en quart de finale du double messieurs. Impeccable en retour, le Français, associé à l'Israélien Jonathan Erlich, a fait trembler la redoutable paire Daniel Nestor/Nenad Zimonjic (n°2), finalement victorieuse sur un coup de dés (6/4 1/6 7/6) avec un tie-break remporté huit points à six.

They missed 2 match points :(

soulage
01-27-2010, 09:08 AM
And they have served for the match, well a down under season with two loss with MP :o a little bit of indoor season now.

Marine
01-27-2010, 07:43 PM
btw talking about frenchie english... henri leconte has been guest commenting for our tv this year. he's pretty fluent of course, it would take arno many more years to get there... but usually all we hear from him is ohhhhhh.....ouf!!!! ... AHHHHHHHH :lol: (that's when tsonga was playing)

I saw Jo Jo's match (ehehehhe I was so happy at the end :bounce:), Forget was commenting for canal+ and said leconte was not in the stand (they were showing the french box) because he was the guest of channel7, and during Jo/Haas match, he got crazy on a Jo's win point, which made laugh everybody.
But it's true, this man is crazy.(and stupid)
The question is why do they invite him on an aussie channel ?

Arnaud wasn't here, I guess he took the first flight for france after his match.

Via
01-28-2010, 04:42 AM
I saw Jo Jo's match (ehehehhe I was so happy at the end :bounce:), Forget was commenting for canal+ and said leconte was not in the stand (they were showing the french box) because he was the guest of channel7, and during Jo/Haas match, he got crazy on a Jo's win point, which made laugh everybody.
But it's true, this man is crazy.(and stupid)
The question is why do they invite him on an aussie channel ?

Arnaud wasn't here, I guess he took the first flight for france after his match.

no idea why he's invited and not someone else. maybe he's most sociable with the local media lol

:topic: hhee

i must take back my comment about his 'fluent' english. last night he suddenly said something like 'what is this... animal in our room, apart from the three of us?' :haha: there were three of them in the commentary box, the others were jim courier (regular ao commentator for chan.7) and john fitzgerald (local). as can imagine, the others broke out laughing, cos he's referring to a moth that had flown in. (guess they didn't enjoy being called animals either :o) but it's just funny.

as jo's winning, leconte will be back again and go crazy.

btw guy forget was sitting 2 rows behind me at seb's match on the first monday. he wasn't at arno's match against blake. i guess there were too many frenchies playing at the same time??

duf
02-02-2010, 07:46 PM
Hi all! I just wanted to tell you that we really liked Arno in Auckland. He was kinda relaxed and played some brilliant tennis. He also was quite approachable. :eek:After one of his games, they had a girl from the audience to try serving on some circles in the service box (each circle had a different prize under it). Arno won a big bottle of Heineken and gave it to the girl. She said: "The French are so romantic." Before his match with Melzer (in the tunnel) he was asked about it and he said: " I will try my best to beat him, because he beat my best friend." (That was because Melzer took out Grosjean).

The only disappointment was for my 10-year old daughter. She went to the kids day (this was on the first day of tourney). They told them Arno would be in the autograph box at 2pm, but he never came. Kids waited for his autographs.

Anyway, I am a bit late with this, only wanted to give you a short report and let you know that he grew on me quite a bit (and I used to think he was/is an absolute weirdo).

Kezzi
02-02-2010, 08:09 PM
Hey duf :bigwave:
Thanks for the report, it's a nice story! :D
Sorry for your daughter though, it's always disappointing when someone doesn't show up, especially for kids.

Via
02-02-2010, 11:43 PM
duf has entered the first stage of arno fan-dom, i can see. the first stage is when you realise he's not a wierdo but a rather interesting human ;)

there are a few more stages to come, from my experience :p

duf
02-03-2010, 04:32 AM
Thanks, mate, for that warning!:) I haven't got much nerves left, that's for sure! Oh, yes, and good luck to Arno against Ljubo!

Catchie
02-03-2010, 10:40 PM
duf has entered the first stage of arno fan-dom, i can see. the first stage is when you realise he's not a wierdo but a rather interesting human ;)

there are a few more stages to come, from my experience :p

For me, it was 9 years ago on last sunday, and love at first sight :hearts:

Via
04-24-2010, 01:13 AM
if i may, i've got one last thing to note for sydney 2010... just read this on the tunis challenger's thread

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showpost.php?p=9843140&postcount=28

:o

Fat Camel
02-04-2011, 10:51 PM
By the way did you see that? :worship:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptwW4tD4_I8

Marine
02-05-2011, 07:35 AM
I did, but thanks for post it. ;)