In the spotlight - cobalt60 (Sue) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

In the spotlight - cobalt60 (Sue)

Eden
12-27-2009, 02:04 PM
Sue, thanks so much for agreeing to take part and giving me the honour to open a thread for you :hatoff:

Here are my questions:

1) When did you knew you wanted to become a doctor? Where do you find the strength for your demanding job?

2) How did you discovered MTF?

3) What do you like the most about the forum here and what the least?

4) Have you ever met someone from MTF?

5) Which countries have you travelled to and which would you like to go to in the future?

6) What do you think is the greatest invention?

7) If you could have dinner with 3 people from any time in history, whom would you invite? Why?

8) What was a strange idea you had as a kid of the idea of growing up?

9) What’s your philosophy of life?

10) Do you have any quirks (for example having to check 10 times whether you have really closed the door)?

11) What do you value most in a person?

12) Which “disappeared” MTFer do you most want to see return?

13) List the 5 qualities you like most about yourself and the ones you like the least.

14) What is the strongest opinion you hold?

15) What is one thing you want to do in your lifetime?

16) If you could change one thing about the world today, what would it be?

17) What have you lost that you would most like to retrieve?

18) What is the most valuable thing you own?

19) What's the smartest advise that anyone has ever given you?

20) You can ask 5 different members of MTF 2 questions. Who would you ask and what would you like to get to know?

cobalt60
12-27-2009, 02:09 PM
Sh&t talk about 20 questions :lol: All good though. I might only do a few at a time since I need to have breakfast with the brood or at least more coffee for me;)

theMEESH
12-27-2009, 02:12 PM
1) In a battle against zombies what 3 items would you have to protect yourself?

2) Do you have a friend that you can hardly understand because of their accent? What kind of accent is it?

3) If you had a million dollars and was told that you had to spend $500,000 in 30 minutes what would you buy?

4) Do you walk around naked in your house?

5) Which 5 MTFers do you want with you to help you get off of a deserted island?

6) If you had to sing a song on live national televison, what would you pick?

7) Would you rather be a werewolf or a vampire? Why?

8) If you got a chance to act on a television show, what TV show would you pick.

9) What's your favorite curse word?

10) How do you feel when you have to play a lefty tennis player?

11) Did you have chicken pox?

12) What do you like to do when you're sick?

13) Do you remember what you used to do before the internet?

14) How long can you go without being on the internet?

15) Do you like to walk barefoot?

16) Which 5 MTF members would you want with you in a bar fight?

17) Have you ever hit an animal on accident (like car accident sort of situation)

18) If you were injured terribly right at this moment, who would be the first person you'd ask to help take care of you?

19) Do you think the story of your life would make a good book/movie?

20) What's your favorite kind of ice cream?

21) What kind of food (be specific please ) do you want on your birthday.

22) What piece of artwork always gives you the heebie jeebies?

23) How do you feel about the alien ET?

24) Would you want Angelina Jolie to adopt you?

25) How do you feel about celebrities adopting foreign kids?

26) Do you like standard straws or bendy straws?

27) Have you ever fallen in love?

28) Can you do the splits?

29) Do you write in all caps, "regular" or in cursive?

30) Do you ever wonder how the pharmacist can read what the doctor prescribed to you?

31) Do you lend your friends money?

32) How do you keep track of your appointments?

33) If someone was to give you $1 million dollars but you had to spend the year with Serena Williams, would you do it?

34) Can you pick up a pencil with your toes?

35) How do you get around?

36) What was the smallest town you've ever been in?

37) Have you ever been deliberately mean to someone because of their color?

38) Do you know how hard it is to think up random questions?

39) When you are too lazy to cook, what do you eat?

40) Have you ever wanted to be a spy?

41) Do you think you could keep calm if you were kidnapped?

42) If you were going to get arrested, what would be the most likely reason?

43) What thread do you go into everyday?

44) Have you ever jumped off a cliff?

45) When was the last time you went to the beach?

46) Do you have good posture?

47) Is your hair your natural color?

48) What's your favorite candy bar?

49) Where do you do all your internet surfing?

50) What do you think of my questions?

Oh and personal one... actually a statement.
you are now part of operation tiara. :p

Har-Tru
12-27-2009, 02:16 PM
1- Why the heck didn't you have an ITS thread yet??

theMEESH
12-27-2009, 02:17 PM
she likes to remain shrouded in mystery. :shrug:

cobalt60
12-27-2009, 02:25 PM
1) When did you knew you wanted to become a doctor? Where do you find the strength for your demanding job?
In 7th grade after my first biology course. I loved everything about it. Plus it was a time when there were a few medical shows on tv and I was hooked.

Once I started college I told my folks that there was no doubt that medical school was what I wanted and that I would work hard in school, and work hard after school to help pay for it ;). Surprisingly my mom was not as supportive as my dad. She was concerned more about being a woman in a typical man's field as well as the getting married having kids stuff. I think she was more concerned about my psyche than anything else. She was a product at the time of the 50's where women stayed home. Although to give her credit she always worked;) and she accepted the medical interest. She just thought I should set my sights on nursing.
My dad on the other hand was extremely supportive. Many of the women on both sides of the family had made it in a man's world and some quite successful. He knew I had the smarts and his best advice to me at that time was set my sights high and try because as a doctor you can always be your own boss. That was extremely important advice at the time trust me;) He totally understood that in those years, he knew I would do better if I did not have to take orders from anyone;)
I am a very strong person. Have always been and I attribute that to my folks as well. They made me be responsible for my actions and words from an early age. And they did it with lots of love and with lots of discussion about right and wrong. Plus my time in the military taught me more about who I am than anything. And as one gets older and learns how to deal with life's issues and people in general it gets easier.

2) How did you discovered MTF?
I was on an MSN board for Massu and just googled tennis forums. MTF came up and the rest is almost 5 years of my life :scared: :lol:
3) What do you like the most about the forum here and what the least?
I love reading about others take on matches or tounies. I have learned lots here from many folks. I also like to chat with people; have met online many nice people and had fun. It is a way for me to stop thinking about some of the stuff I deal with during the day. I don't like folks ridiculing others here. Even if I understand where it comes from I think it is a total waste of time and space to do so. I see no point to hurting other's feelings.
Nicofan , Olimpo, Fee :hearts:, 2 American Federer fans ( I remember their real names and not their posting ones), Liptea and Cath777. Always save the best for last. No senility setting in here for me .I think that's it.
5) Which countries have you travelled to and which would you like to go to in the future?
England, & Italy Want to go to Scotland, Ireland, Portugal, and Israel ( for the family only)

theMEESH
12-27-2009, 02:27 PM
you were in the military?

cobalt60
12-27-2009, 02:29 PM
1- Why the heck didn't you have an ITS thread yet??

I don't really think I lead an interesting life actually. It is pretty mundane and always the same day to day thing.

Har-Tru
12-27-2009, 02:32 PM
I don't really think I lead an interesting life actually. It is pretty mundane and always the same day to day thing.

Whereas on the other hand the other people who have ITS threads are legendary, thrilling, fascinating heroes.

;)

theMEESH
12-27-2009, 02:33 PM
^^^^ :rolls: ^^^^

silverwhite
12-27-2009, 02:34 PM
I am a very strong person. Have always been and I attribute that to my folks as well. They made me be responsible for my actions and words from an early age. And they did it with lots of love and with lots of discussion about right and wrong. Plus my time in the military taught me more about who I am than anything. And as one gets older and learns how to deal with life's issues and people in general it gets easier.

I didn't know this :speakles:

cobalt60
12-27-2009, 02:35 PM
6) What do you think is the greatest invention?
Too many. I suppose electricity and how to harness it. In medicine- anesthesia; and of course radiation therapy units :lol:
7) If you could have dinner with 3 people from any time in history, whom would you invite? Why?
Einstein, Chagall and Steve Allen the comedian 4 Jews at the table and no one would ever get a word in edgewise;) nah just because Einstein was brilliant, Chagall had a difficult childhood and I love many of his paintings so he would bring art into the discussion and Allen because of the entertainment value. Plus he had a show on PBS called the "Meeting of the Minds" which did just as you are asking;)
8) What was a strange idea you had as a kid of the idea of growing up?
I am so old now that I actually don't remember. How sad is that.
9) What’s your philosophy of life?
Live it to the fullest whatever that might mean to you. Live honorably and do no harm. Life can be very short. So many of my patients now are actually younger than me and that is tough.

10) Do you have any quirks (for example having to check 10 times whether you have really closed the door)?
I constantly remind my kids to be careful; especially now that Nate is driving. Sam is too much of a daredevil on the slopes so I have to remind him to stop being a wildman on the snowboard.

theMEESH
12-27-2009, 02:37 PM
Which one is more difficult peds or geriatrics?

cobalt60
12-27-2009, 02:46 PM
Integrity/Honesty

12) Which “disappeared” MTFer do you most want to see return?
Mandoura and Sol
13) List the 5 qualities you like most about yourself and the ones you like the least.
Social, Smart, Organized, Compassionate, Down to earth

Impatient with certain things, Compulsive about certain things, I don't always hear what my family tells me ( or so they say), I don't like surprises which sometimes makes life boring;), and I am a workaholic
14) What is the strongest opinion you hold?
Hmmm I don't know. This answer is tough. I will have to get back to it.
15) What is one thing you want to do in your lifetime?
More traveling

cobalt60
12-27-2009, 02:49 PM
you were in the military?

I didn't know this :speakles:

The Navy. I won a scholarship that paid for Medical School. In return I owed them 4 years and was a Radiation Oncologist in a large Naval Medical Center.
I also did my internship with them. So 5 years active duty and 7 years in the reserves. I resigned my commission in 1991 when I moved to Maine.

cobalt60
12-27-2009, 02:50 PM
Which one is more difficult peds or geriatrics?

Well speaking from a cancer standpoint ( only what I know really) I would say Peds. Tough to take care of children with cancer and tougher dealing with the parents and family overall.

Har-Tru
12-27-2009, 02:51 PM
Integrity/Honesty

Same answer as Infini. and me. Iz likes. :hug:

1- Do you consider yourself as sort of a hero for what you do?
2- Does it get less tough with time?
3- Any funny pet peeves?
4- How's life in Maine? Worth a visit?
5- Favourite tennis player ever?
6- Do you play tennis?
7- Favourite book?

Nuff for now. :)

Cloudygirl
12-27-2009, 02:52 PM
if you weren't a doctor what would you be instead?

cobalt60
12-27-2009, 02:59 PM
16) If you could change one thing about the world today, what would it be?
I don't have one thing. To learn tolerance about others views and to get rid of power hungry politicians. Also to cure cancer.

17) What have you lost that you would most like to retrieve?
:eek: I do not think about this sort of stuff. It is what it is and I move on. Unless you are speaking of my sanity. I lost that ages ago.;)

18) What is the most valuable thing you own?
My health;) I don't really own expensive merchandise. My life is not about " keeping up with the Jones' ". My life is very simple.

19) What's the smartest advise that anyone has ever given you?
See my dad's advice in question one;)
20) You can ask 5 different members of MTF 2 questions. Who would you ask and what would you like to get to know?

Silverwhite- what is your name? what is your background?
Nicofan- why were you so fanatical about Massu? Why did you have to attack me at all and make stuff up?
Deb- when are we meeting up? that is it;)
Mandoura- why did you leave MTF really? And why do you not reply to certain questions?
Sol- where are you?

cobalt60
12-27-2009, 03:01 PM
if you weren't a doctor what would you be instead?

I will get to Moo's in a minute :lol: Easier answering one at a time.

A mathematician to help pay the bills; a singer otherwise( and I would have taken better care of my voice; much better when I was younger)

cobalt60
12-27-2009, 03:09 PM
1- Do you consider yourself as sort of a hero for what you do?
no way
2- Does it get less tough with time?
much easier; the first 2 years after residency I had a tough time sleeping not because I could not deal with folks dying but because I hoped I was making the right decisions in their radiation treatments. Fortunately in the Navy there were 4 of us and we all mentored each other. We had all trained at different places and so we discussed every case amongst ourselves and helped each other immensely. Plus one doc was older and had practised Internal Medicine, Medical Oncology ( chemo) and Hematology. He taught me more Clinical Medicine in those 2 years I worked with him than anything my residency taught which was all about being Academic.
3- Any funny pet peeves?
I am a clean freak. I tell my family that being Obsessive/Compulsive is a good thing in a RadOnc doc just not a good thing around the house;)
4- How's life in Maine? Worth a visit?
Gorgeous summer and fall; folks are very friendly and life is slow paced in all the right ways.
5- Favourite tennis player ever?
Laver
6- Do you play tennis?
Yep- poorly. Have not played in about 2 years though because of my bad arthritis
7- Favourite book? Alice in Wonderland and Wizard of Oz
Can't have just one

cobalt60
12-27-2009, 03:14 PM
50 questions???? ;)

1) In a battle against zombies what 3 items would you have to protect yourself?
My scream, my brain, and my fast legs to run away

2) Do you have a friend that you can hardly understand because of their accent? What kind of accent is it?
A physicist in the department; Romanian

3) If you had a million dollars and was told that you had to spend $500,000 in 30 minutes what would you buy?
I would donate it to the hospital I work in to start building a new and decent Cancer Center.

4) Do you walk around naked in your house?
God no. That would be the one thing that would terrify even me;) Not to mention scarring my kids for life.

5) Which 5 MTFers do you want with you to help you get off of a deserted island?

Get off the island? None. :lol:

cobalt60
12-27-2009, 03:18 PM
6) If you had to sing a song on live national televison, what would you pick?
Some torch song I guess.

7) Would you rather be a werewolf or a vampire? Why?
Werewolf since eternal life of a vampire and never seeing daylight would be awful.
8) If you got a chance to act on a television show, what TV show would you pick.

Battlestar Galactica the new one ( I know it is through but lots of offshoots will do)
9) What's your favorite curse word?
motherfu%^er I don't have the opportunity to use it often enough though
10) How do you feel when you have to play a lefty tennis player?
I only have played my youngest and I am better than he is at the moment;)

cobalt60
12-27-2009, 03:20 PM
11) Did you have chicken pox?
as a kid at the age of 4
12) What do you like to do when you're sick?
take medicine and then I go about my day :lol: I don't have time to be sick although if I do I take a nap
13) Do you remember what you used to do before the internet?
I read more
14) How long can you go without being on the internet?
Longest has been a week when I was away at a tournie
15) Do you like to walk barefoot?
Always in my house and on the sand

Stensland
12-27-2009, 03:24 PM
1. do you feel maine (along with vermont, new hampshire and maybe parts of upstate ny) has more similarities with canada than with the rest of the united states?

2. do people from main have a particular accent?

3. do your kids play hockey? i take it that region must be full of hockey fans due to heavy snowfall and fairly cold winters, right? are you a fan of any nhl team?

4. what's your take on ron paul? do you support his position on certain policies, like his isolationist stance on foreign policy, his push for fed reform, for punishing wire-tapping etc.?

5. did the subprime crisis affect your personal life in any way?

cobalt60
12-27-2009, 03:25 PM
16) Which 5 MTF members would you want with you in a bar fight? Of course I would never be in a bar let alone have a fight:angel: BUT:
GW,Adam,Mikey, Linda and Snoo :rocker2:

17) Have you ever hit an animal on accident (like car accident sort of situation)
Bambi and a raccoon but not badly at all and they ran away unscathed for the most part. Birds have flown into my car though. Bye bye Birdie :sad: One actually cracked the windshield of my car.
18) If you were injured terribly right at this moment, who would be the first person you'd ask to help take care of you?
My hubby of course. And then dependent on the injury one of my doc friends;)
19) Do you think the story of your life would make a good book/movie? Nope. Life is too simple , boring and no bizarre behavior to titillate the masses;)

20) What's your favorite kind of ice cream?
Anything with chunks of stuff in it. I love ice cream but barely eat it cuz it does not like me :p

cobalt60
12-27-2009, 03:29 PM
21) What kind of food (be specific please ) do you want on your birthday.
We always go for Japanese or Thai
22) What piece of artwork always gives you the heebie jeebies?
Nothing off the top of my head.
23) How do you feel about the alien ET?
Love him; my absolute fav alien.
24) Would you want Angelina Jolie to adopt you?
Never; celebrities these days seem very fucked up
25) How do you feel about celebrities adopting foreign kids? I am pleading the fifth here :angel: for the moment

cobalt60
12-27-2009, 03:30 PM
On hold- my beeper just went off;)

partygirl
12-27-2009, 03:39 PM
:inlove:

There can be beauty in repetition.:angel:

cobalt60
12-27-2009, 03:42 PM
26) Do you like standard straws or bendy straws?
Bendys- I am lazy in that sort of stuff :p
27) Have you ever fallen in love?
Of course; I married him;) and then there is the love one has for one's kids. Indescribable for me
28) Can you do the splits?
Never
29) Do you write in all caps, "regular" or in cursive?

Cursive
30) Do you ever wonder how the pharmacist can read what the doctor prescribed to you?
Nope I write my own if needed although everything I take routinely is over the counter :p My handwriting is nice but at work all prescriptions are done through the computer anyway.

cobalt60
12-27-2009, 03:46 PM
31) Do you lend your friends money?
No friend has ever asked for large sums. Little sums sure and I have always been paid back. Family on the other hand I loaned someone a large sum recently due to the economic downturn. Not sure if I will ever see it back and honestly I don't care. They needed it.

32) How do you keep track of your appointments?
Computer

33) If someone was to give you $1 million dollars but you had to spend the year with Serena Williams, would you do it?
Nope money is not that important to give up what I have.

34) Can you pick up a pencil with your toes?
Yes! :banana:
35) How do you get around?
By car;)- 28 miles to and from work through curvy backroads most of the time :p A Nissan 2004 Maxima with 80,000 miles on it. Nicest car I have ever owned :hearts:

cobalt60
12-27-2009, 03:48 PM
36) What was the smallest town you've ever been in?
Where I live now. 8000 residents
37) Have you ever been deliberately mean to someone because of their color?
Never
38) Do you know how hard it is to think up random questions?
I can imagine; I would not do this many :lol:
39) When you are too lazy to cook, what do you eat?
Salad
40) Have you ever wanted to be a spy?
No what a hard life that would be. I am not very adventuresome

cobalt60
12-27-2009, 03:52 PM
41) Do you think you could keep calm if you were kidnapped?
No. too scary
42) If you were going to get arrested, what would be the most likely reason?
Sticking up for something I believe in
43) What thread do you go into everyday?
30 love club, Gaudio chat thread

44) Have you ever jumped off a cliff?
Well how about propelling down a small hill ( in my combat boot camp )
45) When was the last time you went to the beach?
This summer
46) Do you have good posture?
Sometimes
47) Is your hair your natural color?
It has lots of grey in it so I color it :p Little bit lighter than my natural dark brown

48) What's your favorite candy bar?
Babe Ruth
49) Where do you do all your internet surfing?
Wiki :o and here mostly
50) What do you think of my questions?
Fun :yeah:

Oh and personal one... actually a statement.
you are now part of operation tiara. Accepted

cobalt60
12-27-2009, 04:04 PM
Tough

1. do you feel maine (along with vermont, new hampshire and maybe parts of upstate ny) has more similarities with canada than with the rest of the united states?

Maine more so I think. The others are aligned with being New England and Maine has many French Canadian settlers and heritage. Especially the farther north you go.

2. do people from main have a particular accent?

Not as much in the young ones as opposed to the older Mainers. Typical thick New England accent but with a brogue twist to it. Lots of Ay ehs

3. do your kids play hockey? i take it that region must be full of hockey fans due to heavy snowfall and fairly cold winters, right? are you a fan of any nhl team?
Nope they were never interested and I did not push it. They both play tennis and the oldest likes to swim. Sports they can use throughout life. Neither hubs nor I are big into sports at all.

4. what's your take on ron paul? do you support his position on certain policies, like his isolationist stance on foreign policy, his push for fed reform, for punishing wire-tapping etc.?
I liked some of his policies ( fed reform for one) but many seem unpragmatic and very paranoid;)

5. did the subprime crisis affect your personal life in any way? Not really. I mentioned I live simply so no change in spending ways at all. The corporation I worked for took in less but that's because I have a policy of not billing folks who don't have insurance so lots more free care last year. But what my bottom line is is not important to me. My retirement account and kids college funds took a hit but we will all survive;)

:Zaz:
12-27-2009, 04:08 PM
What's your secret to looking so young??

cobalt60
12-27-2009, 04:12 PM
What's your secret to looking so young??

:awww: Sweet.

Well genetics and the fact that I have never been a sun worshipper. Plus good makeup;)

cath777
12-27-2009, 04:41 PM
Nicofan , Olimpo, Fee :hearts:, 2 American Federer fans ( I remember their real names and not their posting ones) and Liptea. I think that's it.

:bigcry:

cobalt60
12-27-2009, 04:45 PM
:bigcry:

Crap :rolls: And you Catherine the most recent :lol:
Yell at me now please. Never cry :(:p
Fixed.

cath777
12-27-2009, 04:47 PM
Crap :rolls: And you Catherine the most recent :lol:
Yell at me know please. Never cry :(:p
Fixed.

You mentioned it just yesterday too! No comment on that :lol:

cobalt60
12-27-2009, 04:48 PM
You mentioned it just yesterday too! No comment on that :lol:

Senility and pain ( I have been working out everyday except yesterday this week) And at 2pm I have a torture session :scared:

cath777
12-27-2009, 04:49 PM
Senility and pain ( I have been working out everyday except yesterday this week) And at 2pm I have a torture session :scared:

Torture session :unsure: What the heck are you doing?

theMEESH
12-27-2009, 04:52 PM

I was gonna say :eek: Christmas too?!!?!!?? And then I remembered you don't celebrate it :banghead:

cobalt60
12-27-2009, 04:53 PM
Torture session :unsure: What the heck are you doing?

We joined the Y as a family and as part of your fee you get a one hour training session with a trainer. They set a program up for you. Resistance machines, weights, and aerobic exercise. That's an hour today. I have been walking ( in the cold with winter shoes not sneakers ) so my back and neck are killing me at the moment. And at the Y swimming and the elliptical machine.

cobalt60
12-27-2009, 04:53 PM
I was gonna say :eek: Christmas too?!!?!!?? And then I remembered you don't celebrate it :banghead:

I walked outside;) Crappy weather today. Instead of the snow we were suppose to get it is pouring but the wind is :scared: Too many trees around my house not to worry about in this wind.

cath777
12-27-2009, 04:55 PM
We joined the Y as a family and as part of your fee you get a one hour training session with a trainer. They set a program up for you. Resistance machines, weights, and aerobic exercise. That's an hour today. I have been walking ( in the cold with winter shoes not sneakers ) so my back and neck are killing me at the moment. And at the Y swimming and the elliptical machine.

Good luck with the trainer. Just tell him you are taking part in a contest and need to be at your best :yeah:

cobalt60
12-27-2009, 04:59 PM
Good luck with the trainer. Just tell him you are taking part in a contest and need to be at your best :yeah:

It is a she and I am not mentioning anything at this time. I will downright deny it in fact :rolls:
We went for dinner last night with friends and hubs mentioned it; I had to smack him under the table to stop him. Question: How can one explain MTF to those who don't partake? And me in a Miss MTF contest. Answer: you can't and if you try you look like a nutcase.

theMEESH
12-27-2009, 05:03 PM
hahahaa!

my sister has this saying when i'm talking to her.... "it must be one of your MTF things huh?

Aloimeh
12-27-2009, 05:24 PM
1.) Do you think cancer will have one definitive treatment a la antibiotics for bacterial infection, or each cancer will need its own battery of treatments? Will there be a silver bullet?

2.) Is tumor board fun? Are you the star and do you rattle off facts out of all the latest literature?

3.) Is there a sizable Jewish community in Maine and are you plugged in?

4.) What do Mainers think of New Hampshirites? What about Massachusettsers?

5.) What do you think of physics? Does it fascinate you as much as the biology or is it just a useful tool in your work?

cath777
12-27-2009, 07:30 PM
It is a she and I am not mentioning anything at this time. I will downright deny it in fact :rolls:
We went for dinner last night with friends and hubs mentioned it; I had to smack him under the table to stop him. Question: How can one explain MTF to those who don't partake? And me in a Miss MTF contest. Answer: you can't and if you try you look like a nutcase.

I keep bursting out laughing at things on here and hubs will just look at me, think to ask, then realise he's better off not knowing :rolls:

cobalt60
12-27-2009, 07:33 PM
1.) Do you think cancer will have one definitive treatment a la antibiotics for bacterial infection, or each cancer will need its own battery of treatments? Will there be a silver bullet?
no. I remember when Interferon was on the cover of Time and heralded as the next big thing and cure. That did not turn out to be true :p If we ever find a "cure" it will be long after I am gone and on a molecular level. With chemo,immuno, surgery and radiation still helpful.
2.) Is tumor board fun? Are you the star and do you rattle off facts out of all the latest literature? God what tumor boards do you go to? :lol: I run the general one and in most academic centers that should be run by a surgeon but no surgeon at the hospital I work in wants it. So it is mine I guess by default. And I have always hated it when other docs spout off and try and show their "knowledge" by quoting %.We use the NCCN guidelines to base recommendations. Do remember that spouting off facts and being knowledgeable is fine but only if you can use the facts rationally, being able to make judgements appropriately and ALWAYS use your experience in applying them. Evidence based medicine is great unless you can't do all the above. Also remember to think out of the box. That is my pet peeve with many new docs these days;) Not every patient fits evidence based medicine. It is a guideline and nothing more.

3.) Is there a sizable Jewish community in Maine and are you plugged in?
Nope. Very small. Remember that Jews make up 1% of the entire world population. Not many. And Maine only has a million people living here. My hubby is a reform jewish educator by training so I am a part of the reform community at my synagogue only. I know others but that's more from having my kids in a religious school at one time.
4.) What do Mainers think of New Hampshirites? What about Massachusettsers? I am from Mass originally. We are New Englanders and that's that.

5.) What do you think of physics? Does it fascinate you as much as the biology or is it just a useful tool in your work?
I like Biology much better. It is a tool and I can not even remember much about theoretical physics anymore; just applied physics. I remember what I need too and that's all;)

cobalt60
12-27-2009, 07:37 PM
Workout was good Cath and then I did the aeorobics :lol: Came home and had 2 brownies to reward myself :lol:

Aloimeh
12-27-2009, 07:53 PM
Could you give a practical example of evidence based medicine? I'm not sure what it means and it sounds like a buzzword, like translational science. :rolleyes:

How do you think you can deal against evidence based medicine and not have an issue with a lawsuit, i.e. not following "established guidelines"?

Do you have any regrets about not doing a more lifestyle field? Rad onc is pretty good that way but I'm thinking of a field in which you could take off many weeks of vacation, e.g. anesthesia, EM, etc.?

I'm surprised you mentioned anesthesia as the most important medical advance. It's likely true, although antibiotics and vaccines are up there as well. I've done some research on anesthesia and think it's a fascinating field.

Do you know Hebrew, Ladino, or Yiddish?

What do you think of Facebook?

Do you let your kids watch TV much? Do you give them books to read?

Do you nudge your kids in a particular academic or career direction?

cobalt60
12-27-2009, 08:43 PM
Could you give a practical example of evidence based medicine? I'm not sure what it means and it sounds like a buzzword, like translational science.

Phase III studies where the standard is compared scientifically to what showed promise in earlier studies. The guidelines I mentioned use them although there is still controversy about certain stages of disease and how best to treat them. Allows one to use their experience in informing patients and making recommendations.

How do you think you can deal against evidence based medicine and not have an issue with a lawsuit, i.e. not following "established guidelines"? I never said I did.
I have never been sued and I have been pracitising for 23 years.
It is all about being honest, giving folks information and guidance and recommendations. I never lie to my patients and I always inform them about experimental options if they are interested and want to travel. I also never take away hope. And I never stand on ceremony and play the narcisist. Folks don't care about your ego and it plays no role in everyday medicine.

Do you have any regrets about not doing a more lifestyle field? Rad onc is pretty good that way but I'm thinking of a field in which you could take off many weeks of vacation, e.g. anesthesia, EM, etc.?
I went into this field because I wanted to take care of cancer patients and radonc allows me the opportunity to take care of most cancers and all ages. At least when I started. MedOnc caught up a bit. It has never been about a lifestyle.
I'm surprised you mentioned anesthesia as the most important medical advance. It's likely true, although antibiotics and vaccines are up there as well. I've done some research on anesthesia and think it's a fascinating field. Why? You asked and I responded.

Do you know Hebrew, Ladino, or Yiddish? A little bit of Hebrew. The latter two are dying languages but fortunately there are efforts to save them. My mother spoke Yiddish although she was from an era where you did not teach it to your children. It was all about being a USA citizen then. My husband knows a bit of Ladino because his grandmother spoke it. It is a fascinating language.

What do you think of Facebook? Intrusive.

Do you let your kids watch TV much? Do you give them books to read? They are very responsible kids. I don't worry about their tastes. They watch TV with my husband all the time and with me when I decide to join them. It is a family thing to do together. They are voracious readers. After all their dad is a writer and reviewer of books so the books keep coming and coming and coming ;) Ask Cath777- she got her own stash when she visited.

Do you nudge your kids in a particular academic or career direction? No. They need to be happy with what they choose to do in life. Besides I told you they are quite responsible. Eldest has wanted to be an engineer since he was about 6 years old. Youngest has no clue at 13 but he will find his way.

I come to MTF btw to get away from medical crap so I am not sure I will be answering any further medical questions or political ones;) You can ask just don't expect that you'll get an answer.

Aloimeh
12-27-2009, 09:06 PM
I come to MTF btw to get away from medical crap so I am not sure I will be answering any further medical questions or political ones;) You can ask just don't expect that you'll get an answer.

No more medical questions. I appreciate your answering them till now.

Sileithel
12-27-2009, 09:34 PM

hahahaa!

my sister has this saying when i'm talking to her.... "it must be one of your MTF things huh?

:haha: LOL!! that's the future that awaits me :unsure: :lol:

Do you know Hebrew, Ladino, or Yiddish? A little bit of Hebrew. The latter two are dying languages but fortunately there are efforts to save them. My mother spoke Yiddish although she was from an era where you did not teach it to your children. It was all about being a USA citizen then. My husband knows a bit of Ladino because his grandmother spoke it. It is a fascinating language.

I also think it's fascinating, even when I know so little about it :)

Nice questions and answers :D I'm not good at thinking up questions, but if I happen to think of one, I'll post it. Same for you Mischa ;)

Eden
12-27-2009, 10:39 PM
Thanks a lot for taking the time to answer :) That was a very interesting read.

Some new questions:

1) Which member on MTF is making you laugh the most?

2) Which tournaments have you been to?

3) What's your favorite smell?

4) Were you named after anyone?

5) Who’s your favourite classical composer?

6) Which band/musician would you have loved to see in a concert, though it isn’t possible now anymore?

7) Who are your favourite writers (beside your husband ;) )?

8) Which movie have you seen most often?

9) Who's your favorite Old Hollywood actor?

10) What's on your to-read list?

cobalt60
12-27-2009, 11:19 PM
1) Which member on MTF is making you laugh the most?
Way to many; lots of comedians here;)
2) Which tournaments have you been to?
Miami, Montreal, Cinci x 2, Las Vegas its second year and a challenger that lasted only a year in Sudbury mass. As a teenager- the tournies held at Longwood tennis and Cricket club in Chestnut Hill Mass.
3) What's your favorite smell?
Anything Citrus
4) Were you named after anyone?
My hebrew name which is really Yiddish is Fanya- named after my maternal grandmother
5) Who’s your favourite classical composers?
Tchaikovsky, Chopin,Ravel

6) Which band/musician would you have loved to see in a concert, though it isn’t possible now anymore?
The Beatles

7) Who are your favourite writers (beside your husband )?
way to many to put here :lol: Tons of mystery writers mostly.
8) Which movie have you seen most often?
Wizard of Oz
9) Who's your favorite Old Hollywood actor?
Burt Lancaster :hearts:
10) What's on your to-read list?
again way to many at the moment :tape: I wish I would spend less time on MTF on the weekends and more reading.
I have the true blood series and I am looking forward to reading them.

Har-Tru
12-27-2009, 11:27 PM
Tchaikovsky :worship: Chopin, Ravel :rolleyes:

Anyway, sorry if I repeat.

1- Best tennis match all-time?
2- Do you speak any languages apart from American?
3- What did you like the most about Europe?
4- Best film ever?
5- Do you think S&V will be back?
6- Proud to be American? Best/Worst thing about the US.

cobalt60
12-27-2009, 11:50 PM
1- Best tennis match all-time?
That's assuming I can remember them all :lol: I don't have one really.
2- Do you speak any languages apart from American?
A wee bit of French. I think the teaching of languages in the states is abysmal.
3- What did you like the most about Europe?
I forgot I had been to Paris but other than the scenery I did not find the natives nice at all. So of England, Italy and Paris? The scenery. Especially the architecture. :worship:
4- Best film ever?
To Kill a Mockingbird and One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest are my 2 favorite movies ever. And then because I love Burt Lancaster- Elmer Gantry :hearts: And just about anything directed by Hitchcock. Ok I will stop now.
5- Do you think S&V will be back? Not unless they change the surfaces. And from a viewer/spectator standpoint no it will never be back. Folks like seeing line drives and rallies over service winners anyday.
6- Proud to be American? Best/Worst thing about the US.
Extremely proud. As far as I remember from my history books there have never been laws against religion. For my relatives who were kicked out of other countries they really could make it in this country with hard work and dedication. Hmmm worst thing? I have to think about this and I generally make a rule not to diss the place where I live. :p There is so much I don't like about the medical system but those are convos one should have in person. To many ways to misunderstand and contort over the internet.

Harmless
12-28-2009, 12:11 AM
Great thread, I have so many questions I want to ask you, Sue. :)

1. What is your opinion of the Federer-Nadal rivalry?
2. Does it bother you when shiksas use Yiddish? :p
3. What is the one modern life habit that most people seam to follow without thinking much about it, and that really bothers you?
4. I was going to ask you what you think about the vampire trend in literature, but I see you just mentioned True Blood, so I guess there's my answer. :lol:
5. Have you seen the show Monk and did you like it? Did you ever recognize yourself in any of the situations? And in the title song, the part that goes "I could be wrong now... But I don't think so!!!", does it make you smile because it reminds you of yourself? :D
6. Why do you think MTF is so addictive? And I don't mean Internet boards in general, but MTF specifically.
7. You mention you served in the army for a while(:worship:), was physical exercise always a part of your life in some way, or are you the type that only does it because you force yourself for the health benefits?
8. Who is the most beautiful, to you personally, publicly known Jewish woman that you've ever seen?
9. A tough one: Considering the problems that young girls have to face today, including eating disorders and media-imposed oversexualization, are you happy that you only have boys?
10. An easy one: Cake or sandwich?
11. Which MTF members remind you of your kids?
12. If you absolutely had to coach a team of teenagers, which sport would you choose?
13. What's your favourite place(nature) in the US?
14. What's a habit that your kids seam to be picking up from you and that you're not happy about?
15. Which form of art do you most like to watch, and which form do you most like to create?

cobalt60
12-28-2009, 12:16 AM
I miss Santi as well :sad: Pyschogaucho

cobalt60
12-28-2009, 12:33 AM
1. What is your opinion of the Federer-Nadal rivalry?
Early on it was good for tennis but now I am bored of it;) I typically root for the underdog in a match so need to see new faces. That's why 2009 was not such a bad year for me.
2. Does it bother you when shiksas use Yiddish?
I have never heard anyone speak Yiddish over the last 20 years except those words that have crept into everyday use like meshugana etc. Doesn't bother me at all.
3. What is the one modern life habit that most people seam to follow without thinking much about it, and that really bothers you? Not turning their phone off when one is involved in a conversation or answering it like it is nothing. I find it rude.
4. I was going to ask you what you think about the vampire trend in literature, but I see you just mentioned True Blood, so I guess there's my answer. I liked Anne Rices' early books although I don't think much of her as a writer. Hubby recommended the series which I liked and suggested I read the books which he finds amusing. No Twilight stuff for me; aimed at younger readers.
5. Have you seen the show Monk and did you like it? Did you ever recognize yourself in any of the situations? And in the title song, the part that goes "I could be wrong now... But I don't think so!!!", does it make you smile because it reminds you of yourself? :lol: No I am nothing like Monk and we have ther series on tape :p So yeah we watched it ;)

cobalt60
12-28-2009, 12:40 AM
6. Why do you think MTF is so addictive? And I don't mean Internet boards in general, but MTF specifically.
A lot of nice folks to entertain me and chat with. I think becuase of the nontennis which is so active unlike other boards ( mostly music ones) that I use to visit.
7. You mention you served in the army for a while(), was physical exercise always a part of your life in some way, or are you the type that only does it because you force yourself for the health benefits? Navy :p ( that is an important difference :lol:) I have always been active. My mom use to play tennis as well ( we are talking about the 30's and 40's here) She was a local champion where she grew up :p I have never told anyone that here. Sigh. Anyway yeah I always liked biking, running before the joints gave way and swimming. Done it for years and I feel better staying active.
8. Who is the most beautiful, to you personally, publicly known Jewish woman that you've ever seen? Rachel Weisz
9. A tough one: Considering the problems that young girls have to face today, including eating disorders and media-imposed oversexualization, are you happy that you only have boys?
Oh I would deal with girls the same way as with the boys. Many of the same concerns. Hubs did the "talk" with my eldest ( thankfully he is so painfully shy around girls - he is lacking in some social skills unlike the youngest) Anyhoo- Nate has been told that he is as responsible at making sure he has contraception ( don't assume the girl is covered) and be a gentleman at all costs. No means no.
10. An easy one: Cake or sandwich?

cobalt60
12-28-2009, 12:43 AM
11. Which MTF members remind you of your kids?
None of them thankfully :haha:
12. If you absolutely had to coach a team of teenagers, which sport would you choose? Swimming- my best sport;)
13. What's your favourite place(nature) in the US?
Arcadia National Park here in Maine or the Shenandoah Mountains/Valley in Virginia
14. What's a habit that your kids seam to be picking up from you and that you're not happy about? nothing that I don't like. I wish they'd pick up my clean freak habit though :(
15. Which form of art do you most like to watch, and which form do you most like to create? I love Broadway musicals :hearts: And before the kids came along I use to do ceramics/clay for relaxation.

Voo de Mar
12-28-2009, 12:45 AM
After 2.5 hours of your match against Jenn you're -4. How do you predict it ends up?

cobalt60
12-28-2009, 12:47 AM
After 2.5 hours of your match against Jenn you're -4. How do you predict it ends up?

I hope I lose :eek: No other way it should be.

Voo de Mar
12-28-2009, 12:48 AM
I hope I lose :eek: No other way it should be.

Ok, but what will be difference? :p I'd like to know your ability to predict some things.

cobalt60
12-28-2009, 12:51 AM
Ok, but what will be difference? :p I'd like to know your ability to predict some things.

I don't know cuz I don't care :rolls: Should I just make a guess? I have never gambled in all my life :o

Voo de Mar
12-28-2009, 12:53 AM
I don't know cuz I don't care :rolls: Should I just make a guess? I have never gambled in all my life :o

Ok :hug: Who should be a winner of this contest in your opinion?

cobalt60
12-28-2009, 12:56 AM
Ok :hug: Who should be a winner of this contest in your opinion?

I am pleading the fifth here;)

:Zaz:
12-28-2009, 02:15 PM
I see that you did time in the armed forces :worship: what is your opinion on compulsory years National service in the military, like they have in several countries (Israel, Russia etc etc). Do you think it is a right of passage and somewhat beneficial for growth and development, or do you think it is archaic and unproductive for todays youth?

Stensland
12-28-2009, 02:22 PM
now, this might be a bit more personal so if you wanna skip it, no biggy (not that kind of personal though ;) ):

you've said you live a modest life without spending money lavishly. i take it that must be on purpose then, stashing the money away for bad times? after all, the one thing we hear and read over here about doctors in the states is that they're making about 3 to 4 times as much money as continental european doctors make (which is why they're emigrating to the states) - and they're not poor at all, i tell ya.

so is the reporting just flat out distorted or do yo live kind of thriftily for some other reason?

Denaon
12-28-2009, 05:49 PM
Dunno if this was asked :p

If you were born a male, which name do you think you'd like to have?

cobalt60
12-28-2009, 09:40 PM
I see that you did time in the armed forces :worship: what is your opinion on compulsory years National service in the military, like they have in several countries (Israel, Russia etc etc). Do you think it is a right of passage and somewhat beneficial for growth and development, or do you think it is archaic and unproductive for todays youth?

That is a tough one. I don't feel it should be compulsory overall. After all the ones who are there because they want to be make the best armed forces. I could not afford med school otherwise I would not have been there :lol:

BTW when I started medschool it cost 8K and at the end 11k. Now it costs nearly 50k a year :eek: Who can afford to go? Not many. And to be in debt 200k once you are out of school is crazy. As a resident/intern ( slave labor then btw) I made less than the radiation therapists who give the treatment.

cobalt60
12-28-2009, 09:49 PM
now, this might be a bit more personal so if you wanna skip it, no biggy (not that kind of personal though ;) ):

you've said you live a modest life without spending money lavishly. i take it that must be on purpose then, stashing the money away for bad times? after all, the one thing we hear and read over here about doctors in the states is that they're making about 3 to 4 times as much money as continental european doctors make (which is why they're emigrating to the states) - and they're not poor at all, i tell ya.

so is the reporting just flat out distorted or do yo live kind of thriftily for some other reason?

Many docs do not make tons of money; that is a fallacy. I wager there are more executives, lawyers and politicians in congress who make more than I do. Especially the politicians in Washington who vote their own raises and benefits. Plus they don't have to pay malpractice insurance, or health insurance. ( those 2 insurances alone cost me about 20% of my income) Then take 50% of my income for taxes, and about 10% for all other bills related to my corporation-taxes, lawyers, filing state and federal documents on behalf of the corporation etc etc etc.

So that's why many docs ( me included for the last 3 months) are now employed by hospitals. The income is less but so are all the bills and there are no headaches anymore;)

So to answer your question-I am a simple person. I consider myself upper middle class. I don't spend money on extravagances. But I do well. No doubt. Just not as well as you may think:p

Aloimeh
12-28-2009, 09:55 PM
Were you driven towards your specialty by a special interest in the patient population, interest in the disease process, treatments, etc.?

How did you meet your husband?

If you weren't a doc, what other career would you pursue?

Other than family and work, what are your other passions?

Do you have siblings and would you say you are very/somewhat/not-really close to them?

With all the immature behavior on MTF, do you ever feel out of place?

Have you met in real life any MTF-ers?

Who are your favorite tennis players?

cobalt60
12-28-2009, 10:10 PM
1.You may not want to answer this one either but, as a doctor, what do you think of the proposed health care plan?
Wrong tract. By the time it ends all the senators and congressman/women will have added this and refused to ok that etc etc. Besides when does government intervention ever make anything cheaper and better? :devil:
2.Where did you go to college?
Boston College rah

3.Do you think a person can really "prevent" getting cancer? (outside of the obvious stuff like not smoking..) So many cancers are caused by smoking so that's a step :yeah: Genetics plays a role and then there is just plain mutation. The latter is impossible to prevent for the moment.

4. How long have you been married? 20 years. Had I answered this morning I would have said TOO DAMN LONG :rolls: Someone who shall remain nameless forgot to put my transpass to pay the tollroad back in my car and I was tagged going through at 6 am. I looked up to see my transpass missing and had a fit. Well Sue never really loses it so I cursed him out just once :angel:

5. Do you like (American) football? I did when my oldest was playing for about 2-3 years. Never really held my interest. I just only enjoy watching tennis.

Dunno if this was asked :p

If you were born a male, which name do you think you'd like to have?
Hmmmm. My mom almost named me Fredericka :sobbing: Thankfully she came to her senses just after my birth. I would like Matthew. I wanted to name my youngest that but I drew the short straw. ;)

cobalt60
12-28-2009, 10:36 PM
Were you driven towards your specialty by a special interest in the patient population, interest in the disease process, treatments, etc.?
I answered this somewhere above in one of your other questions.
How did you meet your husband?
6th blind date :tape: Story is long I hate telling it these days.

If you weren't a doc, what other career would you pursue?
I answered this too somewhere :lol:
Other than family and work, what are your other passions?
Singing;)
Do you have siblings and would you say you are very/somewhat/not-really close to them? Older brother and sister. Closer to my brother; I like him more :p

With all the immature behavior on MTF, do you ever feel out of place?Most of the time. But then I laugh and try to remember why I come back;)

Have you met in real life any MTF-ers? answered elsewhere

Who are your favorite tennis players? I like too many to remember. More importantly I like seeing the fight on the court. I don't really care who is playing.

MisterQ
12-28-2009, 10:43 PM
How have you been?! :wavey:

What's your favorite seaside village in Maine?

In general, do you think the invention of the internet has improved your quality of life?

Have you ever been vegetarian?

What will you be doing this New Year's Eve? :aparty:

cobalt60
12-29-2009, 12:07 AM
Matt you don't know how much I have missed you! Happy New Year!

How have you been?! Fantastic. Where to start. Working hard as the only doc at the moment but thankfully it is always quieter around the holidays. You? ( am I allowed to ask questions back? :p

What's your favorite seaside village in Maine? Boothbay Harbor/Boothbay. Heaven on earth to me. When the tourists are gone of course;)

In general, do you think the invention of the internet has improved your quality of life?
Absolutely but I can't describe all the reasons why now.
Have you ever been vegetarian? For about 10 years until I was pregnant with eldest. I had such cravings for hamburgers so I gave in. I needed the iron since I was so anemic as it turned out. Is it not ironic that Nate would be a vegetarian from birth? :lol:

What will you be doing this New Year's Eve? staying in as usual. We do a marathon of Twilight Zone ( Scyfy channel). Besides a big storm is brewing.

Eden
01-05-2010, 11:35 PM
Happy new year to you and your family :) :hug:

1) Do you still have friends from your childhood?
2) Have you ever attended a classmeeting from school?
3) What is your favourite place in your hometown?
4) Do you still write letters or just use the internet and telephone for communication?
5) Are you sometimes surprised that MTF still exists?
6) How many books do you own and how much of them have you actually read?
7) What's your favourite housework and what do you like to do the least?
8) Do you play any instrument?
9) Do you have any pets?
10) What book do you currently read?

Aloimeh
01-05-2010, 11:39 PM
Ever sported a mullet?

cobalt60
01-06-2010, 12:07 AM
The doc is out for the moment and not into answering this evening. I would rather ask:p

Angle Queen
01-06-2010, 01:26 AM
:hug:s to ya, Sue. As usual, you've done a great job answering these questions.

I've had the distinct pleasure of your acquaintance here on MTF for 5+ years now. Can't wait for the day when we actually meet. It WILL happen. :)

Vale
01-06-2010, 08:52 PM
This has been a good read, Sue! Especially for me because your answers to the more general questions are pretty much like what I would have answered, but better!;)

cobalt60
01-06-2010, 11:07 PM
Happy new year to you and your family
And to you :hug:
1) Do you still have friends from your childhood?
I keep in touch with about 4 friends from childhood.

2) Have you ever attended a classmeeting from school?
Never been to a reunion of high school, college or med school. Don't like that sort of stuff. I figure I see and hear from the ones I care about;) Although one good friend just asked if I would help her plan our 35th HS reunion :scared: Fortunately for her I do not have the time :lol:
3) What is your favourite place in your hometown?
The water on Casco Bay- there is a small little beach here in Yarmouth as one drives over the bridge onto Cousins Island. So pretty at sunset.
4) Do you still write letters or just use the internet and telephone for communication? All the above
5) Are you sometimes surprised that MTF still exists?
No not really. A fun place to waste time on :p And besides lots of very nice funny people.
6) How many books do you own and how much of them have you actually read? Since hubs reviews books we have thousands :sobbing: Drives me nuts!
7) What's your favourite housework and what do you like to do the least? I hate all of it :( But I do my own ( no cleaning lady for me)
8) Do you play any instrument? piano and guitar
9) Do you have any pets? Cat came with my marriage but she died a number of years ago. Now just Fish and I haven't been able to actually kill them although they came close a few times. Hubs always saves them :p
10) What book do you currently read? Still reading "Wings of the Sphinx" an Inspector Montalbano mystery by Andrea Camilleri. It has been sitting by my bed for a couple of months. Finally started reading last weekend and almost done. Love the characters!

cobalt60
01-06-2010, 11:10 PM
Ever sported a mullet?
:lol: Thankfully NEVER!
:hug:s to ya, Sue. As usual, you've done a great job answering these questions.

I've had the distinct pleasure of your acquaintance here on MTF for 5+ years now. Can't wait for the day when we actually meet. It WILL happen. :)
Can't wait for that day! :D
This has been a good read, Sue! Especially for me because your answers to the more general questions are pretty much like what I would have answered, but better!;)

Thanks Vale; that's very nice :hug:

«Ivan»
01-06-2010, 11:29 PM
sue:wavey:

maybe i missed this but i just wanna know where are you from?just us state were you're born

cobalt60
01-06-2010, 11:31 PM
sue:wavey:

maybe i missed this but i just wanna know where are you from?just us state were you're born

I was born in Newton Massachusetts and have lived in New York City, Valhalla New York, Portsmouth and Norfolk Virginia and now Maine. Hi back :wavey:

«Ivan»
01-06-2010, 11:45 PM
I was born in Newton Massachusetts and have lived in New York City, Valhalla New York, Portsmouth and Norfolk Virginia and now Maine. Hi back :wavey:

by the way my mama has 52 'n kind of cool mama like you:)

Har-Tru
01-06-2010, 11:51 PM
Have you got the funny New England accent?

cobalt60
01-06-2010, 11:55 PM
Have you got the funny New England accent?

:( Who said it is funny..... Don't answer that :p

Actually because I have lived in so many different parts of the country on the east my accent is pretty flat. A little bit New England a little bit New Yorker so I am told.

cobalt60
01-06-2010, 11:56 PM
I forgot I also lived in Bethesda Maryland for a year as a kid and then about 2 summers in MedSchool.

Aloimeh
01-06-2010, 11:59 PM
Newton's a nice, if pricey, place.

Do you like Thai food?

Do you know of a restaurant in Newton called Jamjuli?

Have you ever eaten there?

If yes, how did you like it?

As a Bostonian, what do you think of Haaaaaahvaaaaad?

What is your impression of the average Haaaaaahvaaaaad students/graduates?

Since it's close to Maine, have you ever been to Cathedral Ledge, North Conway, New Hampshire?

Have you ever been to the NH flume gorge?

Have you ever been on Mt. Washington?

Have you ever been to Lake Champlain/Burlington, VT?

cobalt60
01-07-2010, 12:09 AM
Where are you getting these questions? :lol:

I graduated BC in 1979 and only went back to visit my family in Newton up until 2004 when my dad died. From then it is far and few between to visit siblings on some holidays. So honestly I haven't a clue about Newton or what it has become over the last 30 years. I am sure it has changed.

Love Thai food- my fav asia

Could care less about Harvard. Liked Harvard Square back in the day. Again haven't been there since 79.

Mt Washington only once
Wedding last winter in Burlington Vt. I liked that city but doubt I will go back. Unless a kid ends up in college there.

buddyholly
01-07-2010, 12:30 AM
What race will you tick in the upcoming census?

Ilovetheblues_86
01-07-2010, 01:03 AM
Why do you have the big wave picture in your office? :cool:

cobalt60
01-07-2010, 04:14 PM
What race will you tick in the upcoming census?
well since some of my ancestors came from Spain I am toying with choosing Hispanic;)
Why do you have the big wave picture in your office? :cool:

I bought the print at a museum years ago and had it framed. I think it may be in the Smithsonium's Pacific Asian Museum which means one of those Bethesda summers.

buddyholly
01-07-2010, 05:24 PM
well since some of my ancestors came from Spain I am toying with choosing Hispanic;)

Just put Moor then.

cobalt60
01-07-2010, 07:24 PM
Just put Moor then.

:lol: Great idea! Written in of course.

Harmless
01-19-2010, 08:33 PM
:wavey:

1. In a 100% fictional situation where a currently retired(or even deceased) player would be part of this generation(so born around 1986 pretty much), who would you like to see measure up against the current crop of players?
2. Why cobalt60? Does it have something to do with the kind of therapy you work with?
3. Can you think of a book whose adaptation to film was actually as good as the book itself?
4. As a medical professional in your field, what's your opinion on so-called "alternative therapy", ranging from herbology, to something more abstract, like reiki?
5. Which part of your inheritance do you consider the most important to your present identity?
6. In light of yesterday's match, what's your opinion on Gasquet's mental strength, or lack of one? Do you see him ever getting tougher, and if yes - how?
7. If one of your kids wanted to become a tennis pro, how would you approach it and what would be the extent of your support, knowing the sport as well as you do now?
8. Do you read magazines? (in print) If yes, which?

cobalt60
01-21-2010, 01:46 AM
Great questions but let me get back to you :p

cobalt60
01-21-2010, 11:48 PM
1. In a 100% fictional situation where a currently retired(or even deceased) player would be part of this generation(so born around 1986 pretty much), who would you like to see measure up against the current crop of players?
Pancho Gonzales
2. Why cobalt60? Does it have something to do with the kind of therapy you work with?
It is a radioactive isotope that is placed in the head of a cobalt teletherapy ( external beam therapy) machine to treat cancer patients. It is a beautiful effervescent shade of turquoise blue. Can't find any of those machines in the states these days. I jokingly used to say here in my early days on MTF that the bolded adjective was my personality. ;)
3. Can you think of a book whose adaptation to film was actually as good as the book itself? One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest was great!
4. As a medical professional in your field, what's your opinion on so-called "alternative therapy", ranging from herbology, to something more abstract, like reiki? I put them into 2 categories- alternative which is quackery in my opinion and complimentary ( massage, meditation) which really helps people de-stress which in turn helps the patient and makes my job easier. ;)
5. Which part of your inheritance do you consider the most important to your present identity? As in ethnic? I like the Sephardic side of my jewish identity. The food is fab.
6. In light of yesterday's match, what's your opinion on Gasquet's mental strength, or lack of one? Do you see him ever getting tougher, and if yes - how? He appears to be extremely immature- both on and off the court. So unless he grows up I don't see him being consistent. In some ways I think every player needs to spend some time in the "real world". And that's all I will ever say about that;)
7. If one of your kids wanted to become a tennis pro, how would you approach it and what would be the extent of your support, knowing the sport as well as you do now? If they had the talent I would support them. They don't gravitate that way however:p
twice a year in the dentist's office, once at the doctor's :p Whatever is available.

However I plan to read the new Ellery Queen mystery short story mag. Hubby had his first fiction publish :woohoo: :banana: :rocker2:

Lee
01-21-2010, 11:52 PM
Pancho Gonzales
It is a radioactive isotope that is placed in the head of a cobalt teletherapy ( external beam therapy) machine to treat cancer patients. It is a beautiful effervescent shade of turquoise blue. Can't find any of those machines in the states these days. I jokingly used to say here in my early days on MTF that the bolded adjective was my personality. ;)
3. Can you think of a book whose adaptation to film was actually as good as the book itself? One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest was great!
4. As a medical professional in your field, what's your opinion on so-called "alternative therapy", ranging from herbology, to something more abstract, like reiki? I put them into 2 categories- alternative which is quackery in my opinion and complimentary ( massage, meditation) which really helps people de-stress which in turn helps the patient and makes my job easier. ;)
5. Which part of your inheritance do you consider the most important to your present identity? As in ethnic? I like the Sephardic side of my jewish identity. The food is fab.
6. In light of yesterday's match, what's your opinion on Gasquet's mental strength, or lack of one? Do you see him ever getting tougher, and if yes - how? He appears to be extremely immature- both on and off the court. So unless he grows up I don't see him being consistent. In some ways I think every player needs to spend some time in the "real world". And that's all I will ever say about that;)
7. If one of your kids wanted to become a tennis pro, how would you approach it and what would be the extent of your support, knowing the sport as well as you do now? If they had the talent I would support them. They don't gravitate that way however:p
twice a year in the dentist's office, once at the doctor's :p Whatever is available.

However I plan to read the new Ellery Queen mystery short story mag. Hubby had his first fiction publish :woohoo: :banana: :rocker2:

I was about to ask, "Huh, you don't read the Ellery Queen Mystery?" :lol:

cobalt60
01-21-2010, 11:56 PM
If you are real nice and buy a copy Lee I can have Steve sign it for you :p

Lee
01-22-2010, 12:02 AM
If you are real nice and buy a copy Lee I can have Steve sign it for you :p

I do plan to buy a copy. Let me know when it's available. And I will hold you for this offer!!!

cobalt60
01-22-2010, 12:07 AM
I do plan to buy a copy. Let me know when it's available. And I will hold you for this offer!!!

Ok then :yeah: I am sure if you check his FB he will let you know :rolls:

Harmless
01-25-2010, 03:31 PM
Pancho GonzalesGood choice. :)

I was on the right track then. :lol:
I love the word effervescent, I try to use any chance I get to use it in conversation. Not much luck though. :(

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest was great!I haven't read the book, but the film was really great, so I'll just trust you on that. :pI put them into 2 categories- alternative which is quackery in my opinion and complimentary ( massage, meditation) which really helps people de-stress which in turn helps the patient and makes my job easier. ;) That makes sense. Which types of treatment do you think are complimentary, other than massage and meditation? As in ethnic? I like the Sephardic side of my jewish identity. The food is fab. Umm, I meant more along the lines of which family traits passed down on you do you think have the most influence on you now, but I guess that's a good answer too. :) He appears to be extremely immature- both on and off the court. So unless he grows up I don't see him being consistent. In some ways I think every player needs to spend some time in the "real world". And that's all I will ever say about that;)I see that as a big part of his problem, too. :/
However I plan to read the new Ellery Queen mystery short story mag. Hubby had his first fiction publish :woohoo: :banana: :rocker2:Congratulations! :D

1. Is there any player that you fangirl? Was there ever one?
2. If you could umpire any match, anywhere, which two players would it be, and in which round of which tournament?
3. Do you know the MTV reality show Jersey Shore? What's your opinion of it?
4. Sherlock Holmes or Poirot? Why?
5. Poirot or Miss Marple? Again, why?

And, btw, great answer with Rachel Weisz before, that woman is so gorgeous. :hearts:

shotgun
01-25-2010, 06:42 PM
Hello Sue. Long time no see. I hope you don't find my questions too personal. :lol:

1) When you decided to have kids, did you have it settled before with your husband that it would be two of them, or did it happen naturally - you had the first, then you decided to have the second, and then you decided that was it?

2) What would be the perfect daughter-in-law like for you? And please don't tell me you'd just what her to make your son happy. ;)

3) What do you consider the lowest point of your life, and the highest?

4) What would be your reaction like if you surprised one of your kids smoking pot?

5) In a scale of 1-5, how Jewish do you consider yourself? (1 being, you eat pork and would have married a non-Jew, and 5 being an Orthodox Jew).

:wavey:

cobalt60
01-25-2010, 11:57 PM
1. Is there any player that you fangirl? Was there ever one?
I did not really ever consider myself a fangirl ( hard to do at my age :rolls:) but I did rather enjoy Massu and Gonzalez early on in 2004/05 when I started watching tennis again. I think it was because of the comraderie between the fans and not the players themselves. I had a not so nice experience with Massu and the reaction of the fans I had been friends with to my personal experience was discouraging and made me recognize that some fans are fanatics and reality can be warped;) So ever since then ( 5 years ago now) I refuse to get entwined in any fandom. I have favs so to speak that I follow but I don't get overly involved. I actually could care less about the players personally anyway these days.
2. If you could umpire any match, anywhere, which two players would it be, and in which round of which tournament?
The final of Wimbledon. So much history in that place. And I would prefer the Men's Doubles finals with Erlich and Ram in the final against anyone;) Had a very nice tournie experience with them again in 2005; 2 weeks in a row. One for the history books :lol:
3. Do you know the MTV reality show Jersey Shore? What's your opinion of it?
Don't know it; don't watch MTV but I did back in the early 80's when it first started. They don't show videos anymore do they?
4. Sherlock Holmes or Poirot? Why? Poirot because he is such a fastidious character and detailed; reminds me of someone I know :p
5. Poirot or Miss Marple? Again, why? Miss Marple- I want to be just like her when I grow up :hearts:

cobalt60
01-26-2010, 12:00 AM
Which types of treatment do you think are complimentary, other than massage and meditation? Acupuncture would be another complimentary, counseling, spiritual counseling, art and dance therapy,exercise. All helpful.

cobalt60
01-26-2010, 12:20 AM
Hello Sue. Long time no see. I hope you don't find my questions too personal.

Hello Renato :hug: Not too personal at all:)
1) When you decided to have kids, did you have it settled before with your husband that it would be two of them, or did it happen naturally - you had the first, then you decided to have the second, and then you decided that was it?
I was much older when we decided to try so there was not much time left :rolls: We decided on 2 if possible because both of us had siblings and did not want an only child. There is something to be said for both of us at least in regards to having a sibling. It is a special relationship. So after I had the first ( who was very very difficult mind you :lol: Steve who was home wanted to have about 3-4 years in between them. He wanted only one in diapers at a time and the oldest in preschool;) So that's what happened. They are 3 years and 8 months apart from each other. Had I been younger I would have tried for 3. Steve and I do good work :p They are great kids.
2) What would be the perfect daughter-in-law like for you? And please don't tell me you'd just what her to make your son happy.
:haha: Well I would like it if she was independent, had a job/career herself,and was Jewish.
3) What do you consider the lowest point of your life, and the highest?
When I first started med school. It was so much work, so exhausting and I wondered if I had made the right choice. I received the nicest, most respectful, and supportive letter from my dad that it made me rethink about why I had wanted to be a doc in the first place. No regrets after that. No looking back.

The highest?- when I had Nate and then Sam- 2 best moments of my life to share the experience with hubby and to watch them grow. Nothing will ever top it. Not even grandkids :p Second best- some of the lovely positive feedback I have had over the years from patients and staff. I am so glad I stuck to medicine and found my niche.
4) What would be your reaction like if you surprised one of your kids smoking pot? Well after seeing and watching me discuss the problems with smoking I doubt they will ever smoke anything but you never know. I would ask them to put it out please and we'd talk about it. I am not an over-reactor in anything:p

5) In a scale of 1-5, how Jewish do you consider yourself? (1 being, you eat pork and would have married a non-Jew, and 5 being an Orthodox Jew).

Well I eat pork and shrimp but I don't count those as part of MY Jewish identity and I sure as hell ain't Orthodox in anyway :lol: So I respectfully submit that I am a 3 on your scale. I am rather agnostic about believing in a god but I can question that and still be a good Reform Jew. It isn't black and white for me.

Your 3rd question brought up something that happened to me as a second year medical student that I have always wished I could redo. You know that regret about something that you wish you could fix? Well where I went to medschool was rather rural at the time. And I use to run with 2 other gals. So on this road that was behind the school and hospital we ran past a car where we were sure that the man driving ( middle aged scuzzy looking guy) was holding something down in the front seat so that we could not see what "it" was. Scared the crap out of us and we just ran as fast as we could go. We all thought it was a woman being held. But why we did not call the police is beyond me. The older I got and the more crap I saw it dawned on me that it was most likely a child which is why it was so easy to be held down. That lack of ours in calling the police has haunted me to this day.

Har-Tru
01-26-2010, 01:07 AM
I cut my thumb and part of its nail yesterday while cooking. It still hurts when I press down with it and the part of the nail that's cut is getting a bit purple. Should I get it seen?

cobalt60
01-26-2010, 11:05 AM
I cut my thumb and part of its nail yesterday while cooking. It still hurts when I press down with it and the part of the nail that's cut is getting a bit purple. Should I get it seen?

Did you use antiseptic and bandage it at all? Do you think this thread will become an ask the doctor thread? :p

Use some antibiotic ointment and bandage it for a day. As long as it isn't swelling and/or oozing pus you should be ok. And watch those knives please. That will be 5 cents.

Harmless
01-26-2010, 03:46 PM
I did not really ever consider myself a fangirl ( hard to do at my age :rolls:) but I did rather enjoy Massu and Gonzalez early on in 2004/05 when I started watching tennis again. I think it was because of the comraderie between the fans and not the players themselves. I had a not so nice experience with Massu and the reaction of the fans I had been friends with to my personal experience was discouraging and made me recognize that some fans are fanatics and reality can be warped;) So ever since then ( 5 years ago now) I refuse to get entwined in any fandom. I have favs so to speak that I follow but I don't get overly involved. I actually could care less about the players personally anyway these days.
What happened with Massu? Or do you not like discussing it in public? :unsure:

Don't know it; don't watch MTV but I did back in the early 80's when it first started. They don't show videos anymore do they?I don't know, I don't watch MTV either. But I kept hearing about this show, supposedly it's been such a big deal in the US this past month that it's everywhere and even serious news reported on it. I found that a little hard to believe though.
Okay, so now I know that not everyone knows about it.
It follows about a half a dozen self-proclaimed "guidos", who basically just party for the summer on the Jersey Shore. (so innovative and complex, yeah. ;))
Allegedly it stirred up some controversy and discontent from several Italian American organizations complaining about the negative stereotypes perpetuated in the show.
So naturally I had to go see it. It's amusingly daft, but relatively innocuous. Cartoonish. Not recommended viewing though. :lol:

1. Was there ever a time that you were more a fan of certain players than a viewer of tennis, and which period of tennis was the most involving one for you?
2. What was your view of Sampras while he was playing?
3. What are your thoughts on the future of American tennis?
4. Have you seen all the Poirot films? Which one was your favourite and what's your opinion of David Suchet as Poirot?
5. Have you seen any of the Miss Marple films? Which actress was your favourite?

Har-Tru
01-26-2010, 05:09 PM
Did you use antiseptic and bandage it at all? Do you think this thread will become an ask the doctor thread? :p

Use some antibiotic ointment and bandage it for a day. As long as it isn't swelling and/or oozing pus you should be ok. And watch those knives please. That will be 5 cents.

Thanks Doc. :hug: Yeah I did all that, I'm such a good patient I follow the doctor's instructions before getting them! :D

This makes me think...

1- Have you already given your opinion on Obama's planned health care reform? If not, could you, pwease? :awww:
2- When did you find out you wanted to become a doctor?
3- Have you been around the US a lot?
4- Favourite US spot?
5- Have you been to Yurp?
6- Favourite Yurpean spot?
7- Chances of Harmless marrying me?

Harmless
01-26-2010, 09:00 PM
Okay, Jose, you've convinced me, I'll bump your spotlight thread too. :rolleyes: :D

Har-Tru
01-26-2010, 09:07 PM
Okay, Jose, you've convinced me, I'll bump your spotlight thread too. :rolleyes: :D

erm... ok

:scratch:

cobalt60
01-26-2010, 11:54 PM
1. Was there ever a time that you were more a fan of certain players than a viewer of tennis, and which period of tennis was the most involving one for you?
When I was a teen I watched Laver,Rosewall,Newcomb, Stan Smith, Arthur Ashe- that era was great for me. You know you have more time as a kid to watch tv and the PBS station always showed all the Slams and a few of the other tournies in the states. Then the Connors,Borg,Vilas,Vitas and Mac era. Then Lendl. By the time it was 1979 I was heading to grad school and had no time. It wasn't until my dad died in 2004 that I started to follow tennis again. And that was actually the first time that I spent just watching the careers of actual players. I just choose the 2 from Chile and I basically stumbled onto them for a number of reasons none which are important.
2. What was your view of Sampras while he was playing?
Wasn't following tennis at the time.
3. What are your thoughts on the future of American tennis?
Dismal. There is no one real center looking for talent and then developing it so the only great Americans will be those who rise above. And from he knows where? Honestly I don't care much. Too many more important other things going on in my life. Tennis is entertainment to me and I don't care which country the talent comes from.
4. Have you seen all the Poirot films? Which one was your favourite and what's your opinion of David Suchet as Poirot? Only Death on the Nile and the Orient Express. And David Suchet will always be the best Poirot for me.
5. Have you seen any of the Miss Marple films? Which actress was your favourite?
I remember watching some of the early early movies on TV with Margaret Rutherford? I think. Joan Hickey was the best for me -when Mystery brought the BBC to the states.

As for the Massu affair- just one of those ridiculous how the hell did you get involved Doc Sue in that one. I tried to rescue someone. It did not work exactly. But I was left with no choice. She and I are still friends and he made it up to her but everyone has gone their own ways and is living their own lives. End of story. Except that Horacio De La Pena is an asshole to end all assholes.

cobalt60
01-27-2010, 12:02 AM
1- Have you already given your opinion on Obama's planned health care reform? If not, could you, pwease? No I have not; no I won't. Your welcome.
2- When did you find out you wanted to become a doctor? Watching Marcus Welby on tv in grade 5/6. In 7th grade I job shadowed Docs at a local Hospital as part of a program and was hooked.
3- Have you been around the US a lot? Hmm not what I would say is a lot. Born and raised in Massachusetts with a side year spent in Maryland, went to medschool in New York, did my training in New York City, Lived in Virginia when I was in the Navy. Visited as vacations: Florida, Kentucky,Washington State,Wash DC, Southern California,Northern Oregon, Houston Texas, Southern Florida, Puerto Rico, and various mid western state airports;)
4- Favourite US spot?
Some of my fav places are Monterrey California, San Fran and Seattle :hearts:
5- Have you been to Yurp? England,Italy and France
6- Favourite Yurpean spot? Any place in Tuscany
7- Chances of Harmless marrying me? Slim to none is my best guess but there is always hope.

cobalt60
01-27-2010, 12:03 AM
BTW this is fun I think and I thank those who have bothered enough to stop by :D

Ivanatis
01-27-2010, 12:25 AM
Do you think this thread will become an ask the doctor thread? :p

Sue, I have an itch at my upper left back, but I cant see anything and scratching serves only as temporary relief.:(

cobalt60
01-27-2010, 12:49 AM
Sue, I have an itch at my upper left back, but I cant see anything and scratching serves only as temporary relief.:(

:scratch: I don't really want this to become an ask the doctor question. And how about dry skin aka the dreaded winter itch............ Use a good ointment based moisturizer.

Ivanatis
01-27-2010, 06:45 PM
:scratch: I don't really want this to become an ask the doctor question. And how about dry skin aka the dreaded winter itch............ Use a good ointment based moisturizer.

Just kidding, Sue. I'm fine.:p

What do you think about stuff like House or Emergency Room? Are those kind of shows realistic?

Harmless
01-27-2010, 08:36 PM
When I was a teen I watched Laver,Rosewall,Newcomb, Stan Smith, Arthur Ashe- that era was great for me. You know you have more time as a kid to watch tv and the PBS station always showed all the Slams and a few of the other tournies in the states. Then the Connors,Borg,Vilas,Vitas and Mac era. Then Lendl. By the time it was 1979 I was heading to grad school and had no time. It wasn't until my dad died in 2004 that I started to follow tennis again. And that was actually the first time that I spent just watching the careers of actual players. I just choose the 2 from Chile and I basically stumbled onto them for a number of reasons none which are important. I bet watching Laver was great. :hearts:

Dismal. There is no one real center looking for talent and then developing it so the only great Americans will be those who rise above. And from he knows where? Honestly I don't care much. Too many more important other things going on in my life. Tennis is entertainment to me and I don't care which country the talent comes from.Yeah, it isn't looking awfully good right now.

Only Death on the Nile and the Orient Express. And David Suchet will always be the best Poirot for me.Ah, I envy you, you have so much to see. I miss the time when I haven't seen each one three times. :lol:
David Suchet as Poirot is one of the best casting decisions in the history of film. :bowdown:

I remember watching some of the early early movies on TV with Margaret Rutherford? I think. Joan Hickey was the best for me -when Mystery brought the BBC to the states.Joan Hickey was amazing, spot on. Though production-wise, Poirot is miles ahead.

As for the Massu affair- just one of those ridiculous how the hell did you get involved Doc Sue in that one. I tried to rescue someone. It did not work exactly. But I was left with no choice. She and I are still friends and he made it up to her but everyone has gone their own ways and is living their own lives. End of story. Except that Horacio De La Pena is an asshole to end all assholes.Ugh, that doesn't sound like a pleasant experience. Never heard of Horacio De la Pena, but I'll be sure to remember him now. :lol:

Okay, this is my last batch of questions.

1. What are your thoughts on how this AO is panning out? How do you rate it in comparison to all the other slams you've followed in your life?
2. Can you name 6 misconceptions you had about marriage when you were younger; three of which, things you didn't expect to be so difficult and trying, and three, which you didn't think would come so naturally and easily.
3. Do you have any personal opinions or feelings about the way Rafa's career is turning out? Being in a career where you see people in pain all the time, do you feel sorry for him to an extent, considering he is basically a young and healthy person, that will have to live with ever increasing pain from his tendinitis for the rest of his life, starting at such a young age, for which you can reason he isn't the cause for, since others basically made up his game style when he was a small child and pushed it on him, or do you view his health problems as just a part of his career the way that it is and a calculated risk that he willingly took to be as successful as he has been, thereby not deserving too much pity? I'm torn on this issue myself.
4. Do you have a favourite Agatha Christie book? If yes, which one?
5. On a scale of 1-10, how charming is Jose? :p There's something about Spaniards, they're such a silly, but extremely lovable bunch. :lol:

buddyholly
01-27-2010, 09:35 PM

OM imaginary G!!!!! Is that what I have on my first non-tropical winter in 35 years?

cobalt60
01-29-2010, 01:16 AM
1. Will you buy your kids cars when they are 16?
Nate bought his own very used 1999 Suburu ( emptied out his bank account) I paid tax and insurance and he works one night a week tutoring to pay for gas. So no I did not buy him a car :p
2. How do you ever stop worrying about them (ie, worry that they will get hurt, get really sick, get on the wrong path, etc.)? I am not sure one ever does. And the worry is in phases. Nate is pretty above board and straight and he thinks before he does so I worry less about him. Sam on the other hand doeesn't think about consequences. I am hopeful that he will eventually mature :p
3. What do you think of Marat? I don't really think of him. Sorry.
4. What does your hubby think of your posts on MTF? Early on we would joke and say MTF off would you;) Now he humors me. Although I post way less than I once did.
5. Do you like football (american)? If so will you watch the super bowl? I can take it or leave it. Nate played football for a few years but after the third broken bone that was that. We had the 3 strikes you're out rule in this house;) Hubby does not like one sport. Amazing huh? So no Super Bowl for us. I tend to only follow it a bit when the Pats do well.Have to support my New England teams:p

cobalt60
01-29-2010, 01:17 AM
OM imaginary G!!!!! Is that what I have on my first non-tropical winter in 35 years?

Are you slumming in my thread?;)

cobalt60
01-29-2010, 01:22 AM
1. What are your thoughts on how this AO is panning out? How do you rate it in comparison to all the other slams you've followed in your life? I am pretty shallow. :lol: I have not had much time to watch or follow it too much. Check the results but hardly saw any matches. I liked the 2008 AO when my fav doubles duo Erlich and Ram won :p But I find they all have some good and some bad matches. I think the women's matches this year basically sucked the big one though. Here is hoping the finals are exciting and close.
I will have to answer the others another evening. I am falling asleep at the keyboard.

buddyholly
01-29-2010, 02:40 AM
Are you slumming in my thread?;)

I was just passing through. I've been searching everywhere for PD. Even the most unlikely places. No luck.

Eden
10-10-2010, 12:25 PM
Sue :wavey: :hug:

I'm a bit bored at the moment so I thought to post some questions for you :angel:

1) Which is the first thread you go to on MTF these days?

2) What magazines/newspapers do you read?

3) Which addictions do you have? (Healthy and unhealthy)

4) What is your earliest memory?

5) What's your favourite meal of the day? (Breakfast, lunch, dinner?)

6) What's your least favorite food?

7) If you could go back to any year, what year would you go back to and why?

8) If you could go forward to any year, what year would you go forward to and why?

9) Say the first thing that comes to your mind about each one of the Seasons of the year...

10) What colour do you think looks the best on you?

11) Where would you live, if you had the choice?

12) What's the best medicine when someone has a cold? (Sorry for the medical question ;) )

13) What do you want to change in your house?

14) Which was the best book you have read this year so far?

15) Do you have any siblings?

16) Which match have you enjoyed the most this year?

17) What is your favourite sound?

18) Would you allow your children to have piercings/tattoos?

19) Did you ever have surgery?

20) Which word describes MTF best at the moment?

cobalt60
10-10-2010, 11:27 PM
[QUOTE=Eden;10425341]Sue :wavey: :hug:

I'm a bit bored at the moment so I thought to post some questions for you :angel:
:lol: And so you bumped this thread???? Silly lady;)
1) Which is the first thread you go to on MTF these days?
Nontennis - which is how I saw this :lol:
I check google news everyday in the morning and that's that. Occasionally watch CNN/Fox for polar opposite points of view :p
I love chocolate which I eat too much of; I am addicted to walking which is a good thing. It allows me to eat chocolate :drool:
4) What is your earliest memory?
Age of 3 standing at the screen door of my folks house watching the snow fall. Dad took a pic of me.
Sunday Brunch when we meet our friends- about once a month.
6) What's your least favorite food?
Steak
The year after I was married. I love my kids but I waited too long to start having them so I would have tried earlier- that way I could have had 3 :p And maybe I would have had my XX.
8) If you could go forward to any year, what year would you go forward to and why?
10 years from now when I can retire :angel:

9) Say the first thing that comes to your mind about each one of the Seasons of the year...
Summer- hot
Winter-cold and snowy
Autumn- my favorite -perfect temps
Spring-Wet
10) What colour do you think looks the best on you?
Reds/Pinks -those shades

cobalt60
10-10-2010, 11:39 PM
11) Where would you live, if you had the choice?
Anywhere in New England or Wash State as long as it was on water. Either a lake,ocean or the Bay.

12) What's the best medicine when someone has a cold? (Sorry for the medical question ;) )
Rest, fluids,Motrin, Zinc lozenges and a Mentholatum rub to decongest works better than any "cold remedy" medicine out there.
The outside color :angel:
Cryptonomicon- by Neal Stephenson
A brother who is 59 and is a periodontist and a sister who is 63 and a freelance computer whiz for the Air Force. She has Top Secret clearance so I have no clue what she does exactly. I suppose she would have to kill me if I knew anyway :aplot:
16) Which match have you enjoyed the most this year?
I tend to only remember matches I have just watched. I thought Ferrer versus Lubi from Saturday was great.
17) What is your favourite sound?
Slow Rushing Water
No tattoos - just because of the numbers tattooed in WWII in concentration camps. I have no problems with a pierced ear(s) but nothing else. I just think they look strange. Fortunately my guys don't want anything yet. Sam used to but he changed his mind.
19) Did you ever have surgery?
Yes
20) Which word describes MTF best at the moment?
Intolerant/Judgemental but it has been like this for awhile IMO.

«Ivan»
10-11-2010, 12:50 PM
1.if you could give me one piece of advice, what would it be?
2.if you could have a room full of any one thing what would it be?
3.what do you value most in other people?
4.if you could only see black and white except for one color, what color would you choose to see 'n why?
5.if you could change 3 things about yourself what would it be?
7.what would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?
8.how would you like to die?

now,this supposed to be fun(taken from some fun site).make a jokes od just don't answer ;)

9.have you ever been involved in a threesome?
10.at what age did you lose your virginity?
11.what’s your favorite sexual position?
12.what’s your favorite foreplay activity?
13.have you ever faked an orgasm?
14.have you ever had a one night stand?
15.which 3 celebrities would you most like to have sex with?
16.what’s the kinkiest kind of sex you’ve ever had?
17.do you own any sexy underwear?
18.how often do you have sex each week?

:angel::wavey:

cobalt60
10-11-2010, 05:38 PM
1.if you could give me one piece of advice, what would it be?

Take MTF in stride; or "don't sweat the small stuff"

2.if you could have a room full of any one thing what would it be?

Gold!!! No just kidding. Nothing actually as I don't need or want much of anything that would fill a room;)

3.what do you value most in other people?

Honesty and Trust

4.if you could only see black and white except for one color, what color would you choose to see 'n why?

Blue - so I could see the sky

5.if you could change 3 things about yourself what would it be?

Nothing; I like myself the way I am

7.what would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?

Singing on Broadway :angel:

8.how would you like to die?

In my sleep from a heart attack.

9.have you ever been involved in a threesome?
10.at what age did you lose your virginity?
11.what’s your favorite sexual position?
12.what’s your favorite foreplay activity?
13.have you ever faked an orgasm?
14.have you ever had a one night stand?
15.which 3 celebrities would you most like to have sex with?
16.what’s the kinkiest kind of sex you’ve ever had?
17.do you own any sexy underwear?
18.how often do you have sex each week?

I plead the 5th amendment here :devil:

«Ivan»
10-11-2010, 07:06 PM
I plead the 5th amendment here :devil:

:cool:

Eden
10-12-2010, 10:30 AM
:lol: And so you bumped this thread???? Silly lady;)

I hope you can forgive me :awww:

I check google news everyday in the morning and that's that. Occasionally watch CNN/Fox for polar opposite points of view :p

So you don't have a subscription for printed newspapers? I don't want to miss my daily local newspaper. Beside this I can have a look at other printed papers at work ;)

I love chocolate which I eat too much of; I am addicted to walking which is a good thing. It allows me to eat chocolate :drool:

Do you walk alone or together with family/friends? :)

Sunday Brunch when we meet our friends- about once a month.

That sounds like fun :)

The year after I was married. I love my kids but I waited too long to start having them so I would have tried earlier- that way I could have had 3 :p And maybe I would have had my XX.

So you would have liked to have more kids?

10 years from now when I can retire :angel:

Any special plans yet what you want to do then when you are retired? Travel the world maybe?

The outside color :angel:

What colour is it right now and what do you want to change it to?

Cryptonomicon- by Neal Stephenson

Haven't heard about it yet - will have a look at Google ;)

A brother who is 59 and is a periodontist and a sister who is 63 and a freelance computer whiz for the Air Force. She has Top Secret clearance so I have no clue what she does exactly. I suppose she would have to kill me if I knew anyway :aplot:

Sounds exciting to have such a sister.

Do your siblings live near you and you get to see them regulary or just occasionally?

No tattoos - just because of the numbers tattooed in WWII in concentration camps. I have no problems with a pierced ear(s) but nothing else. I just think they look strange. Fortunately my guys don't want anything yet. Sam used to but he changed his mind.

Sorry for the question. I should have known better regarding the tattoo...

I have 3 earrings in each ear but would never like to have a piercing in the tongue or eyebrow :scared:

Thanks for taking the time to answer the questions Sue :hug:

cobalt60
10-12-2010, 11:29 PM
Do you walk alone or together with family/friends?

Friends on the weekends, alone when I get home from work if I have the time. I joined the Y to swim and use the elliptical but I enjoy the outside more. Fresh air and all that.

So you would have liked to have more kids?

One more only. I think hubs does a good job raising them :haha:

Any special plans yet what you want to do then when you are retired? Travel the world maybe?

Not sure. At least early on I want to just relax and not have to be anywhere at any certain time or deal with anything at all. I am truly tired.

Do your siblings live near you and you get to see them regulary or just occasionally?
2 hours south. We used to see each other 2-3 times a year but over the last year we have only seen each other once. Other things have gotten in the way of the usual family gatherings.
I see much more of my sister in laws who live across the country;)

What colour is it right now and what do you want to change it to?

Dark Gray works for me :lol:

Eden
12-05-2010, 02:44 PM
BTW this is fun I think and I thank those who have bothered enough to stop by :D

It's fun to ask questions and read your answers Sue :hug:

Right now I don't have any new questions though I'm afraid :awww:

In fact I only thought it would be nice if Djou sees this thread and asks you some questions :devil: :angel:

cobalt60
12-05-2010, 02:52 PM
It's fun to ask questions and read your answers Sue :hug:

Right now I don't have any new questions though I'm afraid :awww:

In fact I only thought it would be nice if Djou sees this thread and asks you some questions :devil: :angel:

You? No questions? What is the world coming too!! :p

Dini
12-05-2010, 02:53 PM
What does your avatar show Sue? I can't see the details well. :o

cobalt60
12-05-2010, 02:55 PM
A menorah on top of a chagall like painting:p It is hard to see on purpose. :D :lol:

Dini
12-05-2010, 03:03 PM
Oh. :p

Do you have a favourite Chagall painting?

cobalt60
12-05-2010, 03:10 PM
http://img.alibaba.com/photo/301799585/Marc-Chagall-Handmade-Oil-Painting-Repro-Monsters-Chimeras-and-Hybrids.jpg

http://www.chinafineart.com/upload1/file-admin/images/new20/marc%20chagall-263976.jpg

I have these as framed posters on walls in the house.

Dini
12-05-2010, 03:19 PM
Iconic. :yeah: Would love to have both of those as well as Birthday (http://www.ayalamoriel.com/assets/MarcChagallBirthday.jpg) in my house too. Probably my favourite artist.

Oh, and another question. How would you rate 2010 in terms of:

-Work
-Family
-Tennis
-Happiness
-Overall rating?

cobalt60
12-05-2010, 03:21 PM
Like it! I would love it if someone would put together a Chagall series that traveled around the country. Would love seeing a whole bunch of them in one spot.

Ilovetheblues_86
12-05-2010, 05:11 PM
Would you consider moving yourself from New England to a warmer place like Florida, when you retire?

You think theres a relation between diseases of first world like cancer, alzheimer and third world/ indigenous diseases like malaria? Think is just a coincidence that when the white men came to America some diseases were unkonwn to the natives and do you believe nature will always find a way to give a highly developed technological society ways to raise mortality level with some kind of organical disturbance?

You believe knowledge should be less specialized or that at least we could have better comunication between the human-biological-logical experts?

A random desire for next week? XD

cobalt60
12-05-2010, 07:11 PM
Would you consider moving yourself from New England to a warmer place like Florida, when you retire?

You think theres a relation between diseases of first world like cancer, alzheimer and third world/ indigenous diseases like malaria? Think is just a coincidence that when the white men came to America some diseases were unkonwn to the natives and do you believe nature will always find a way to give a highly developed technological society ways to raise mortality level with some kind of organical disturbance?

You believe knowledge should be less specialized or that at least we could have better comunication between the human-biological-logical experts?

A random desire for next week? XD

1. No florida for me- retire to the state of Washington near Seattle ( hubby grew up there and lots of his family there)
2. yes there is a relationship; and yes we get a cure for one thing but look at the common cold virus and AIDS; treatable but hard to cure because they are viruses that mutant. Hard to develop a vaccine for that. But I am sure lab researchers will figure it out one day.
3. Not sure I understand the question??

Björki
12-05-2010, 07:12 PM
Will you kick my ass in the pop. contest? :D :awww: :wavey:

cobalt60
12-05-2010, 07:15 PM
Will you kick my ass in the pop. contest? :D :awww: :wavey:

:lol: Let's hope it is close. The matches are getting tougher; way to many nice folk still left around here :p

Björki
12-05-2010, 07:16 PM
no way. only few people got 50 this round :eek: so my goal is to get 7 votes :lol:

cobalt60
12-05-2010, 07:18 PM
no way. only few people got 50 this round :eek: so my goal is to get 7 votes :lol:

7 is my lucky number! :p

Björki
12-05-2010, 07:20 PM
mine too :D

Ilovetheblues_86
12-05-2010, 08:50 PM
3. Not sure I understand the question??

dont worry ;)

Eden
12-28-2010, 11:15 AM
Sue :hatoff: :hug:

1) Which 3 male MTF members would you like to adopt, to marry and to have as a lover? :angel:

2) What does your family think about you posting on MTF? Do they sometimes lurk? :p

3) What are your wishes for 2011 and how will you spend NYE?

4) Top 3 cities and countries you would like to visit?

5) Favorite museum you've visited?

6) What's your favourite culture?

ShotmaKer
12-28-2010, 02:20 PM
Who are your favorite players ?

What does your username mean ?

Now that I cannot be your son in law, do you have any nieces you would like to introduce me to ?

What dish do you cook best ?

How do you feel about my avatar ?

Sorry if the questions have already been asked before :hug:

Guy Haines
12-28-2010, 06:58 PM
Eden, you should make $ as an interviewer.

Sue, to a better MTF 2011! It can happen. I know work is better than here (that concept got me thinking), but hope you at least post during the Australian.

cobalt60
01-17-2011, 11:08 PM
Oh boy....................

Sue :hatoff: :hug:

1) Which 3 male MTF members would you like to adopt, to marry and to have as a lover? :angel:
You must be joking :lol: How about which 3 would I like to meet :lol: Let me get back to you.
2) What does your family think about you posting on MTF? Do they sometimes lurk? :p
They don't care fortunately; although they would prefer I watch tv stuff with them. But how many Fringes;Castle; Burn Notice;Walking Dead can I watch? Just a few really. I prefer reading a good book or even a bad one ;) Nate occasionally lurks to see what I post about him :p
3) What are your wishes for 2011 and how will you spend NYE?
Hubby and I were alone on NYE for the first time in ages; our kids were the social ones instead :yeah: It was lovely :hearts: Would like my health to get a bit better; would like to stop working my ass off; and would like to have more time to take care of myself for a change. Can't remember when I did something nice for myself.
4) Top 3 cities and countries you would like to visit?
Tokyo Japan; Edinburgh Scotland and Berlin Germany. The first may actually happen next year
5) Favorite museum you've visited? The Met in NYC

6) What's your favourite culture? Japanese

Who are your favorite players ?
I have a lot a players I would like to do well but I have always said over the last few years that I prefer a good match.
What does your username mean ? Cobalt60 is a radioactive isotope placed in the head of a Cobalt machine and used to treat cancer patients. Don't think there are any left in the United States but I have experienced using them.

Now that I cannot be your son in law, do you have any nieces you would like to introduce me to ? I have one about your age; in dental school. But she is in the Army so :p

What dish do you cook best ? Spanokopita

How do you feel about my avatar ? Bleh
;)
Sorry if the questions have already been asked before :hug:

Sue, to a better MTF 2011! It can happen. I know work is better than here (that concept got me thinking), but hope you at least post during the Australian.
And I am. ;) I think just my old haunts should be where I post now. I think I am too old to get the massive asshattery here;)

Thanks for the ?'s guys.

Eden
01-19-2011, 09:17 PM

:lol:

I love my real job though I have to say I would consider it quitting in case I would be allowed to attend any of Roger's pressconferences :p ;)

Sorry Sue, I can't quote your answers on my last questions.

So.... I get back to you and ask which 3 male members you would like to meet and why.

I don't really watch much TV these days either. I wish I would have more time for reading books though - this damn internet is taking quite a lot of my time up ;)

I think there's nothing to worry about your husband to find out being written about him here :)

So you plan to go to Japan next year? That sounds great :yeah:

Hope you'll manage to visit Berlin also one day - and we could meet there :)

Sorry about your health problems and that you don't have that much time for yourself which you need. Hopefully thing will get better and you will find the needed rest after a stressful working day :hug:

cobalt60
01-21-2011, 04:35 PM
So.... I get back to you and ask which 3 male members you would like to meet and why.

Hope you'll manage to visit Berlin also one day - and we could meet there :)

Well a couple of years ago it would have been different folks on here but now?
Hmmm- Guy Haines, Orka, Fast Clay,Thanos,and GW of course. In reality the only one I may ever meet would be Guy since he lives in San Fran and that is a city I am more likely to get to.

Indeed; if I make it to Berlin one day I would love to meet up with you :yeah: Can't think of a nicer person here on MTF than you:)

Eden
01-22-2011, 08:17 PM
Indeed; if I make it to Berlin one day I would love to meet up with you :yeah: Can't think of a nicer person here on MTF than you:)

That's really nice of you to say Sue :awww: Thanks :hug:

Har-Tru
01-22-2011, 11:35 PM
Well hate to break the spell but I met Eden and she's actually a 54-year-old bald fat beer-drinking male...

Scherz Doris Scherz :p

cobalt60
01-23-2011, 12:42 AM
Well hate to break the spell but I met Eden and she's actually a 54-year-old bald fat beer-drinking male...

Sorry but that's me. Except that I am 53.

Har-Tru
01-24-2011, 11:47 AM
Sorry but that's me. Except that I am 53.

:lol:

Eden
01-24-2011, 12:47 PM

:ras:

Psst, don't tell my secret.

Remember the deal we made: You keep quiet about my true identity whilst I won't mention to anyone that you are in fact responsible that Stan broke up with his wife as you had a long secret relationship :angel:

:p

I can take it now, not sure about my mood tomorrow :awww:

Eden
02-02-2011, 09:36 PM
Sue, do you know what I just found out when I looked for posts about Richard Armitage here on MTF? :angel:

Now I like you even more :hug:

I discovered him only a few days ago when I watched "North and South" on DVD. That I became crazy about it is an understatement :lol:

cyYiwD1Q1aY

cobalt60
02-02-2011, 10:37 PM
:rolls:

He is quite nice isn't he?:p

I am well Doris :) Holed up night #2 in a hotel due to snow snow and more snow. Hell of a winter for this country.

Eden
02-02-2011, 10:44 PM
He is quite nice isn't he?:p

I don't know yet if it is really him or more the character of Thornton which he played.

I'm going to watch Robin Hood with him on youtube but I guess no other character will match his acting of Thornton :inlove:

I am well Doris :) Holed up night #2 in a hotel due to snow snow and more snow. Hell of a winter for this country.

Good to hear that you are fine :hug: Are you on vacation that you are in a hotel?

Sorry about the snow. We had lots of it for weeks here in Germany as well. Yesterday evening it started to snow again but fortunately it melted during the day.

cobalt60
02-02-2011, 10:52 PM
Glad you are still around as you are definitely someone I enjoy "chatting" with :D

I live too far away from the hospital to drive in crappy weather. Been there done that. A couple of years ago I decided that I was getting too old to make the drive. Next car will be a 4 wheel drive but either way just too crazy. The hospital used to have a few on call rooms that were not taken and they were fine overall. But there has been construction and those rooms no longer exist. Instead there are a couple of rooms in an old old dorm. Drafty, noisy ( hear snowplows all night) and the bathroom is bleh and down the hall and across etc etc. SO this year I decided to treat myself and stay in a hotel. I get a discount so overall not bad. Next year I may rent a small space fully finished for the winter months. Worth it for my mental and physical health.

I watched Robin Hood. Loved RA's Guy of Ginsburne but did not like the show overall. Only watched the first year. Also check out Spooks season ? 7 I think where he comes on board.

What is up with you these days?

cobalt60
02-02-2011, 10:55 PM
Snow does not melt here because it stays so cold. Many of the cities have to truck it away from sidewalks and streets.

Eden
02-02-2011, 11:12 PM
Glad you are still around as you are definitely someone I enjoy "chatting" with :D

I have to get up for work a bit later which means I can go to bed a bit later as well so that's why I'm still around.

It's really great to see you around as well :)

I live too far away from the hospital to drive in crappy weather. Been there done that. A couple of years ago I decided that I was getting too old to make the drive. Next car will be a 4 wheel drive but either way just too crazy. The hospital used to have a few on call rooms that were not taken and they were fine overall. But there has been construction and those rooms no longer exist. Instead there are a couple of rooms in an old old dorm. Drafty, noisy ( hear snowplows all night) and the bathroom is bleh and down the hall and across etc etc. SO this year I decided to treat myself and stay in a hotel. I get a discount so overall not bad. Next year I may rent a small space fully finished for the winter months. Worth it for my mental and physical health.

How far away do you live from the hospital?

The idea of renting a small room for the next winter sounds reasonable then. Hopefully the stay in the hotel is as pleasant as possible for you :)

I'm lucky enough to live about 5 minutes by bike from work and the only thing I'm forced to do when we have much snow and ice on the streets is to stay in town during lunch break.

What does your family think of you being away?

I watched Robin Hood. Loved RA's Guy of Ginsburne but did not like the show overall. Only watched the first year. Also check out Spooks season ? 7 I think where he comes on board.

I haven't seen any scenes from "Spooks" yet but thanks for the tip :)

I'm waiting for the book of "North and South" which I ordered. Can you believe it that there doesn't exist a German translation of it?

Have you read the book so that you can compare it with the movie?

What is up with you these days?

Things could be better overall but the good news is that I'm currently planning a short holiday with a few friends in the first week of April. We will stay in Germany and go to an island in the Baltic Sea.

Eden
02-02-2011, 11:30 PM
It's time for me to go Sue :wavey:

Take care and I hope the weather will improve soon :hug:

cobalt60
02-02-2011, 11:35 PM
My guys are so self sufficient that they don't need me anymore :lol:
It was different when they were little and it was really because hubs needed the help;)

I live about 28 miles away but through back roads so it takes 40 minutes. In snow I travel half of the way on the turnpike ( the only double lane highway in the state and it only goes North and South) totals 39 miles that way about 45 minutes cuz one can drive faster. But in snow it takes me an hour. Too far away really but I live in my nice coastal country town because of the school system and also because the closest reform jewish synagogue is in Portland ( about a 20 minute drive south of me).

The hotel is lovely. Like a mini vacation for me although I will sort of pay for it tomorrow evening when I go home. Lots of laundry and clean up I am sure :p

Ooh that vaca sounds lovely. :hearts:
And no I have not read the book although I did watch the English productions of Cranford and Wives and Daughters. ( same author) They were very nicely done. I love those English period pieces. Also Anthony Howell is another actor I like and he was in Wives and Daughters. After I watched that I ended up watching Foyle's War ( all the seasons) in which Howell is in.

cobalt60
02-02-2011, 11:35 PM
Nite Doris :wavey:

Punky
10-12-2012, 05:38 AM
when is Your birthday? :p

cobalt60
10-13-2012, 01:58 AM
:lol: thanks for bumping- it is very soon:p Don't tell me you found the bday threads as well? :p
BTW this is a nice thread. All the answers would most likely be the same. Miss a lot of those folks who asked questions here. :sad: Some I had on facebook but a bit ago I lost many with the upgrades. Not sure how or why that happens but oh well.

Punky
10-13-2012, 07:51 AM
no i havent found him but now when to said that, i will search!!

well if u miss them, PM them? nothing wrong with that and ppl love getting pm/text.

Eden
10-14-2012, 10:20 PM
when is Your birthday? :p

Today :D

It's already past midnight here in Germany which means it's time for me and this gentleman

http://forromancereaders.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/neck021.jpg

to congratulate you, Sue :)

http://www.blütenshop.de/Blumen-Bilder/Von-Herzen-Fleurop-Blumen-Versand.jpg

Have a great day with your loved ones and an even better new year of life :hug:

Miss a lot of those folks who asked questions here. :sad: Some I had on facebook but a bit ago I lost many with the upgrades. Not sure how or why that happens but oh well.

:hug:

I also miss a lot of people who left MTF or post less (like yourself... ) :awww:

I can't bring myself though to decide to join Facebook...

The Prince
10-14-2012, 10:23 PM
Happy birthday.

Sunset of Age
10-14-2012, 11:44 PM
Perhaps late to the party Sue, but of course, my best wishes for you as well. :D

Punky
10-15-2012, 12:13 PM
Sueeeee happy birthday doc!!!!!

gulzhan
10-15-2012, 12:23 PM
Happy birthday, Sue!!! :kiss:

Have a perfect health, doc ;) and lots of fun in your life! :cheerleader:

Mae
10-15-2012, 12:30 PM
Late as usual, but Happy Birthday even if it is belated! http://www.corkweddingcakes.com/newsite/new_cakes/female_doctor_birthday_cake_sm.jpg

Lee
10-15-2012, 02:36 PM
Happy Birthday Sue!

theMEESH
10-15-2012, 07:25 PM
Happy Birthday Sue!

cobalt60
10-17-2012, 12:20 AM
Thanks ^^. You can tell MTF has truly changed over the years; or maybe it is me :p

Kat_YYZ
10-17-2012, 02:41 AM
Happy Birthday! :wavey: hope you had fun :D

Eden
10-15-2013, 07:45 PM
Happy birthday Sue :) :hug:

http://www.hdwallpapersinn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/juan-martin-del-potro-argentina-bronze-london-2012-olympics.jpg

ProdigyEng
10-15-2013, 07:49 PM
Happy Birthday Sue :)

Lee
10-15-2013, 08:28 PM
Happy Birhtday Doc!

Punky
10-15-2013, 10:34 PM
happy bday sweet lady

cobalt60
10-16-2013, 03:00 AM
Thanks. Very low key this year thankfully :p