Sherlock Holmes -- the movie [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Sherlock Holmes -- the movie

~*BGT*~
12-27-2009, 02:13 AM
I saw Sherlock Holmes Christmas night and I thoroughly enjoyed it. :) It was surprisingly funny :lol: and quite clever. I thought Robert Downey Jr. (as Sherlock) and Jude Law (as Dr. John Watson) played off each other very well. They were really a great pair. It had some very dark moments but that was all solved in the end. All in all, it was a very good movie and I can't wait to see it again :D

Clay Death
12-27-2009, 02:35 AM
I saw Sherlock Holmes Christmas night and I thoroughly enjoyed it. :) It was surprisingly funny :lol: and quite clever. I thought Robert Downey Jr. (as Sherlock) and Jude Law (as Dr. John Watson) played off each other very well. They were really a great pair. It had some very dark moments but that was all solved in the end. All in all, it was a very good movie and I can't wait to see it again :D

excellent bgt. i do want to see this movie.

some friends called up just this afternoon about this movie. now i may have to go see 2 of them:

kai.
12-27-2009, 08:20 AM
Love it.. :worship:

Certinfy
12-27-2009, 11:26 AM
I so want to see this! I've never been so hyped for a movie in years :o

xohxmyx
12-27-2009, 11:36 AM
ohh its so epic! i love guy ritches movies and was so psyched to see this! and its so awesome! im going to see it again on tuesday :yeah:

cobalt60
12-27-2009, 01:37 PM

I was not quite so ecstatic about the movie as you but then again I have seen lots of movies over the years. I did find it entertaining and fast paced. Plus the 2 leads were fantastic together and Robert Downey Jr plays a Sherlock Holmes that I have not seen before. And as is so typical of Guy Ritchie films the dirt and
bleakness of the era comes through.

However the story line offered nothing new for me ( no twists or turns to get me thinking) that I haven't seen snippits before in other movies or read in mystery books. I would have to go back and watch the movie "Young Sherlock Holmes" but part of the story seemed vaguely familiar or maybe just some of the plot construction.

I would not watch it again but if one wants a no thinking, enjoyable, fast paced movie go see it. Definitely better to watch on the big screen as opposed to renting for a smaller one.

Bilbo
12-27-2009, 01:41 PM
that's why i told you to watch avatar, sue.

the reviews for sherlock holmes are average as expected. guy ritchie isn't a good director imo and the movie barely cashed in more than avatar on it's 1st day (also expected).

sherlock holmes will fall down pretty fast at the box office imo. in about 2 weeks no one will talk about this movie anymore.

cobalt60
12-27-2009, 01:45 PM
that's why i told you to watch avatar, sue.

the reviews for sherlock holmes are average as expected. guy ritchie isn't a good director imo and the movie barely cashed in more than avatar on it's 1st day (also expected).

sherlock holmes will fall down pretty fast at the box office imo. in about 2 weeks no one will talk about this movie anymore.

Soon :yeah:

Bilbo
12-31-2009, 09:21 AM
All in all, it was a very good movie and I can't wait to see it again :D

Are you serious? Who's going to pay for this movie twice? Sherlock Holmes is getting smoked by Alvin and the Chipmunks 2 which has an incredible rating of 22% :haha::haha::haha:

Certinfy
12-31-2009, 09:40 AM
This movie is pretty good, or at least I found it to be, will go and see Avatar within next few days, but still I don't think it can be better than this :shrug:

~*BGT*~
12-31-2009, 04:55 PM
Are you serious? Who's going to pay for this movie twice? Sherlock Holmes is getting smoked by Alvin and the Chipmunks 2 which has an incredible rating of 22% :haha::haha::haha:

Are you becoming obsessed with me now?

Bilbo
12-31-2009, 05:03 PM
Are you becoming obsessed with me now?

not at all. last time i checked it was you who has a beef with me.

~*BGT*~
12-31-2009, 05:07 PM
I have no beef with you. If I did, you'd know ;)

Iván
01-01-2010, 03:16 PM
Just seen it, could of been better.

jude law was rubbish as usual, rubbish actor.

jmf07
01-05-2010, 09:24 AM
Just seen it, could of been better.

Agreed

Machiavelli
01-05-2010, 09:36 AM
Could have beev better, the story has more potential, Guy RItchie is awful

~*BGT*~
01-05-2010, 02:35 PM
I've heard there's going to be a sequel with Brad Pitt playing Moriarty.

Garson007
01-05-2010, 03:34 PM
However the story line offered nothing new for me ( no twists or turns to get me thinking) that I haven't seen snippits before in other movies or read in mystery books.

I would not watch it again but if one wants a no thinking, enjoyable, fast paced movie go see it. Definitely better to watch on the big screen as opposed to renting for a smaller one.
Oh the irony. I mean in that Bilbo recommended you Avatar after you said this.

cobalt60
01-05-2010, 09:35 PM
Oh the irony. I mean in that Bilbo recommended you Avatar after you said this.

Which I still haven't seen :lol: I heard the plot was the old tried and true good vs evil etc etc. But that it was an absolute to watch for the electronic goodies and the 3D effect. What do you think?

Psichogauchovna
01-05-2010, 09:58 PM

my impression exactly :D
i saw the movie last night :)