GhostUnholy – In the Spotlight [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

GhostUnholy – In the Spotlight

Bibberz
12-22-2009, 04:57 PM
I was hoping someone else would start this thread. :( Whatever.

1. OMG, you are brown?! :eek: I know this one brown guy in Canada named Anoop--do you know him? You look just like him.

2. You sort of dodged Snoo's question earlier, so I'll ask again--how good are you at math? Do you think you can compete with Leng Jai and his (presumably) fierce math skillz?

3. What guitars/gear do you own?

4. What are some Canadian stereotypes that apply to you?

5. I’ve been to West Edmonton Mall. That shit didn’t impress me.

6. I was going to ask how you reacted when Gretzky was traded to the Los Angeles Kings, but you were probably in utero at the time. :lol:

7. Do you follow the CFL? What about the NFL? MLB? NBA? WTA? PGA? NCAAB? NCAAF? EPL? UFC?

8. Okay, I’ll be honest—the only thing I really know about you is that you’re Canadian. I don’t really feel like asking a bunch of generic questions (MMM will be along shortly with those :D) or questions about lumberjacks and maple syrup. This is your thread. Introduce yourself to prospective voters. Please feel free to mention anything that you left out of your Mr. MTF profile. How many siblings do you have? When/why did your parents move to Canada? How did you meet the guys in your band? What are they like? Just talk about basic shit like that, I guess.

:hatoff:

GhostUnholy
12-23-2009, 12:38 AM
Thanks for making this thread man

1. OMG, you are brown?! :eek: I know this one brown guy in Canada named Anoop--do you know him? You look just like him.

OMG yes I am brown but no I don't know anyone named Anoop. I seem to have a lot of lookalikes though, one girl I know swears to this day that she saw me in the mall here about a month ago when I wasn't, she refuses to take no for an answer. Maybe that was your friend :o

2. You sort of dodged Snoo's question earlier, so I'll ask again--how good are you at math? Do you think you can compete with Leng Jai and his (presumably) fierce math skillz?

:lol: I dodged her question because she asked me if I thought I was smarter than tennizen, not if I was good at math. I'm not from Leng Jai's part of the world (I know, I'm a racist :o) so he has the genetic edge... but no seriously I'm ok at math but it wasn't my strongest point in school.

3. What guitars/gear do you own?
Guitars: Paul Reed Smith Custom 24, a PRS Standard 24, and a Gibson Les Paul Studio.
Amps: Mesa/Boogie Dual Rec and Engl Powerball
Also I own a pearl export drumkit, cheap bass, and a shitton of recording gear which I won't get into so no one falls asleep.

4. What are some Canadian stereotypes that apply to you?

I like to think that no stereotypes apply to me, my personality and interests are kind of the product of a weird combination of influences. I'm sure if you asked someone objective though, they'd reveal the truth that I live in an igloo, am a lumberjack, say "eh" 24000 times per day, and only drink Molson Canadian.

5. I’ve been to West Edmonton Mall. That shit didn’t impress me.

Lol yeah, its not like it has the best shopping but it's a really popular place to go for people in junior high or high school since there's a whole bunch of shit to do in one place.

6. I was going to ask how you reacted when Gretzky was traded to the Los Angeles Kings, but you were probably in utero at the time. :lol:

Yup, I wasn't alive yet but I do know my family was :mad::mad::mad: about it for like the next 5 years after I was born.

7. Do you follow the CFL? What about the NFL? MLB? NBA? WTA? PGA? NCAAB? NCAAF? EPL? UFC?

I just follow tennis and hockey, I used to follow the NBA and MLB (I used to play basketball and baseball as well), but I'm busy with too many things in life to play or pay attention to most sports anymore.

8. Okay, I’ll be honest—the only thing I really know about you is that you’re Canadian. I don’t really feel like asking a bunch of generic questions (MMM will be along shortly with those :D) or questions about lumberjacks and maple syrup. (GhostUnholy: :lol:) This is your thread. Introduce yourself to prospective voters. Please feel free to mention anything that you left out of your Mr. MTF profile. How many siblings do you have? When/why did your parents move to Canada? How did you meet the guys in your band? What are they like? Just talk about basic shit like that, I guess.

Sounds good, I'll start by answering those questions. I have 1 sibling, an older sister. My parents moved to Canada maybe 6 months before I was born, because my aunt already lived here.

The guys in my band either applied to be in or are people I met randomly. I had originally formed this band at 15, and the other original members are all gone for various reasons, but I was always the main writer and liked our material enough that I didn't want to give up on it. Even now that we have a full lineup, I recorded the majority of the guitars and bass, wrote the lyrics most of the drum parts, and produced/engineered our album.

Other things about me...
I'm 100% obsessed with music, I something like 1200CDs and am always looking for more music. My favorites styles are metal and indie rock, but listen to everything from jazz to trance to world music to hip hop.

I love traveling, and last time I bothered trying to count the places I'd been it turned out I've so far been to something like 70 cities in 17 countries. Just like 300 more countries to go or something :lol:

I'm an atheist, and really interested in philosophy, but at the same time don't really have a problem with religion the way some atheists do. I was very interested in religion when I was 15-16, and read the Qu'ran, the Gita, the New Testament, and ridiculous amounts of philosophy trying to figure out what the point of life was. I didn't understand enough of the philosophical arguments at the time though for it to be that useful, and still am not really sure why we're all here, and that's something I think about any time I have time to think really. Random thing to include, I know, but I think that process is important determining factor my personality.

I'm tired of typing now so I'll wait for some more questions :p

Dini
12-23-2009, 12:45 AM
-What does Rohan mean?
-Who are your favourite tennis players? Can you rank them?
-Have you been to any tournaments live? If so, which?
-What's the qualities you most like in people?
-What do others do to annoy you?
-What would you do if you won Mr. MTF? :p

GhostUnholy
12-23-2009, 01:02 AM
-What does Rohan mean?
-Who are your favourite tennis players? Can you rank them?
-Have you been to any tournaments live? If so, which?
-What's the qualities you most like in people?
-What do others do to annoy you?
-What would you do if you won Mr. MTF? :p

1) Well, the only players I can be called a fan of are Rafa, who I've supported since 2004 when he impressed me with his athleticism and fighting spirit, and Marat, whose tennis and antics I love. I don't dislike any player though and in general I just like to see high quality tennis, I don't care who's playing.

2) I've been to the ATP 250 tournament in Sydney in 2000, and Roland Garros in 2008, but that's it. Its hard for me to coordinate my travel with the dates of tournaments, and there aren't any big tournaments close to home.

3) The most important thing to me is for people to be unique, but beyond that I tend to value intelligence, humor, and open mindedness.

4) People who are close minded irritate me, and people who are openly rude or hostile. Otherwise I'm good with most things.

5) Well, Ted is willing to date someone from MTF if he wins, how about I one up him and marry someone from the forum if i win :lol:

Oh, and I forgot to answer about my name. I never bothered to ask what it means, but I know my parents named me after a cricket player from the West Indies.

cobalt60
12-23-2009, 01:08 AM
1. What made you decide to become a doctor?
2. Any idea what type of doc you want to be?
3. Any brothers or sisters?
4. Given your primary music genre do you consider yourself yo be an agressive man if you really want something, or passive and que sera sera or in-between.
5. Are you excited that Bibbir man is excited to have another male Indian around MTF or does it disturb you that he fingerred you? :p
6. Do you always make promises you know you can't keep? Marriage ;) to an MTFer?
7. Who is you fav trance band?

Bibberz
12-23-2009, 01:31 AM
:lol: I dodged her question because she asked me if I thought I was smarter than tennizen, not if I was good at math.

Snoo cited Tennizen's prodigious math skillz as the only example of her intelligence. In fact, Tennizen is something of an idiot savant; she excels at math, but she's useless in every other intellectual field and social situation. Thus, there would have been no point in asking whether you were smarter than Tennizen in any non-mathematical discipline.

Guitars: Paul Reed Smith Custom 24, a PRS Standard 24, and a Gibson Les Paul Studio.:yeah:

I'm an atheist, and really interested in philosophy, but at the same time don't really have a problem with religion the way some atheists do.
:( I'm leaning toward Clydey now.

:rolleyes: Try to keep up, Sue.

cobalt60
12-23-2009, 01:52 AM
:rolleyes: Try to keep up, Sue.

I am slumming for votes :rolleyes: I see I have lost yours.

GhostUnholy
12-23-2009, 03:02 AM
1. What made you decide to become a doctor?
2. Any idea what type of doc you want to be?
4. Given your primary music genre do you consider yourself yo be an agressive man if you really want something, or passive and que sera sera or in-between.
5. Are you excited that Bibbir man is excited to have another male Indian around MTF or does it disturb you that he fingerred you? :p
6. Do you always make promises you know you can't keep? Marriage ;) to an MTFer?
7. Who is you fav trance band?

1. For me, it was between music, social work or working for the UN, or Medicine. Choice one was selfish and I can do it on the side anyways, social work or global health work and so on would allow to me to make a difference in people's lives but probably wouldn't be that intellectually stimulating, while medicine gave me the option to do both. Seemed like the right blend for me.

2. Right now I'm thinking Orthopedics, we just did musculoskeletal and I loved it, and I like hands on stuff so surgery appeals to me. I've only been in school for 4-5 months though so I haven't really made up my mind.

3. 1 sister as said above

4. Not really, I'm not a competitive person or anything, lots of people have told me I'm the most chilled out people they know. But I guess I can get pretty aggressive if someone fucks with me.

5. :lol: maybe a bit of both

6. No, only in this contest :p I keep fairly strict rules for myself, one being that I should never lie, and I don't except when I'm depressed every now and then and decide to abandon my principles. To me, reality is in many ways defined by what we believe is true, and as such I feel like lying makes life "less real".

7. I have a hard time picking favorites cause I listen to way too much music but two trance albums I'm digging right now are "Northern Exposure" from Sasha & Digweed and "Snivilisation" from Oribtal (yeah they're pretty old I know)

Snoo cited Tennizen's prodigious math skillz as the only example of her intelligence. In fact, Tennizen is something of an idiot savant; she excels at math, but she's useless in every other intellectual field and social situation. Thus, there would have been no point in asking whether you were smarter than Tennizen in any non-mathematical discipline.

ouch. :o

:( I'm leaning toward Clydey now.

Sorry to disappoint :p
There are many things I dislike about organized religion, but at the same time I can understand why people are drawn to them as I sometimes feel that way myself

Minn
12-23-2009, 03:05 AM
Hi Rohan.

1. Do you have any relatives in the USA? If so, can you tell us in what states they live?

2. You said you don't really fit into any Canadian stereotypes. Do you think you fit into any East Indian stereotypes?

3. How old were you when you started playing guitar?

4. What made you become more active on MTF?

5. Oilers, Flames or other?

Thanks.

Aloimeh
12-23-2009, 03:06 AM
Did your parents encourage/push you to study medicine?

Do you call yourself a desi?

Would you think of moving to the US?

What languages do you speak?

Are you allowed to marry any girl you want or will you undergo an arranged marriage?

GhostUnholy
12-23-2009, 03:16 AM
Hi Rohan.

1. Do you have any relatives in the USA? If so, can you tell us in what states they live?

2. You said you don't really fit into any Canadian stereotypes. Do you think you fit into any East Indian stereotypes?

3. How old were you when you started playing guitar?

4. What made you become more active on MTF?

5. Oilers, Flames or other?

Thanks.

Hey Minn, whats up? :)

1. I don't actually, most of my relatives are still in India and some in Australia.

2. Well, maybe if you count trying to be a doctor as a stereotype :lol: Otherwise not really, I have very little connection to my Indian culture.

3. I was 10 years old. I was really obsessed from 14-16 though, I'd play like 6 hours a day.

4. Actually, randomly posting in the depression thread when I was down one day, Mischa, Infini, and Clydey made me feel welcome here and I decided to be more active, though I guess I'd already been posting a bit more just cause I've had more free time than usual during the last little bit.

5. Avalanche actually :o I'm a traitor

Did your parents encourage/push you to study medicine?

Do you call yourself a desi?

Would you think of moving to the US?

What languages do you speak?

Are you allowed to marry any girl you want or will you undergo an arranged marriage?

1. They for sure encouraged me but were very much open to me choosing something else

2. I don't

3. Yes, I'm a fan of big cities, I'd love to live in New York or San Francisco or something, but I also am interested in moving overseas to Paris or Sydney.

4. Just English fluently, I was pretty decent in French but it's getting really rusty since high school ended and I stopped taking it in school

5. Even if my parents wanted me to get an arranged marriage, I wouldn't. But they don't so it's all good, no conflict. I don't know if I ever even want to get married though, we'll have to see with time.

Action Jackson
12-23-2009, 03:21 AM
The West Indian cricketer, that would be Rohan Kanhai.

1. Worst thing you have ever eaten?

2. Name a place or places that would you never return to?

3. So you support the Quebec Nordiques then?

4. What's your view of Quebec?

5. You have some class music taste, so how do you deal with the people that are just scenesters and not there for the music itself?

6. Who is the funnier Newfie. Shaun Majumder or Rick Mercer?

Minn
12-23-2009, 03:22 AM
Hey Minn, whats up? :) :) (You can call me Melanie if you'd like. Minn is just fine too, though.)

1. I don't actually, most of my relatives are still in India and some in Australia. Okay. You answered someone else mentioning San Francisco. Have you ever been there?

3. I was 10 years old. I was really obsessed from 14-16 though, I'd play like 6 hours a day. :speakles:

4. Actually, randomly posting in the depression thread when I was down one day, Mischa, Infini, and Clydey made me feel welcome here and I decided to be more active, though I guess I'd already been posting a bit more just cause I've had more free time than usual during the last little bit. Hope you're feeling better now.

5. Avalanche actually :o I'm a traitor :lol: That's okay. I used to be a fan of a few Avalanche players but they're one of the big rivals of my team (also American-based), so I can't really like them.

6. Who is the funnier Newfie. Shaun Majumder or Rick Mercer? AJ :worship: They are both awesome.

GhostUnholy
12-23-2009, 03:34 AM
The West Indian cricketer, that would be Rohan Kanhai.

1. Worst thing you have ever eaten?

2. Name a place or places that would you never return to?

3. So you support the Quebec Nordiques then?

4. What's your view of Quebec?

5. You have some class music taste, so how do you deal with the people that are just scenesters and not there for the music itself?

6. Who is the funnier Newfie. Shaun Majumder or Rick Mercer?

1. My own cooking :eek:

2. Disney world. I went when I was little, but I see it as the embodiment of North American mass consumerism. Plus there'd be nothing for me to eat, I try to eat healthy all the time :lol:

3. Yes, I was very young when they were the Nordiques but I supported them at the time because my sister did really, and transferred my loyalty to the Avalanche.

4. No comment on English/French divide, but Quebec is the source of some of our best musicians, artists, athletes, etc.

5. Scenesters used to really bother me back in high school, they were pretty much the bane of my existence. :lol: Now I just leave them be and try not to interact with them

6. Rick Mercer IMO but both are funny

:) (You can call me Melanie if you'd like. Minn is just fine too, though.)

Okay. You answered someone else mentioning San Francisco. Have you ever been there?

:speakles:

Hope you're feeling better now.

:lol: That's okay. I used to be a fan of a few Avalanche players but they're one of the big rivals of my team (also American-based), so I can't really like them.

AJ :worship: They are both awesome.

Melanie works for me :) I have been there, but it came to mind because a close friend of mine lives there. Who's your team? Even if it's Detroit I won't hate you, I had to get over that roadblock with one of my ex's :o

Lee
12-23-2009, 03:38 AM
I just follow tennis and hockey, I used to follow the NBA and MLB (I used to play basketball and baseball as well), but I'm busy with too many things in life to play or pay attention to most sports anymore.

Not following CFL is absolutely unacceptable :p Too bad the CFL season is over but next year, you MUST watch at least one game of the Stampeder match in McMahon Stadium in subzero temperature

5. Avalanche actually :o I'm a traitor

:sobbing: even worse than not following CFL.

Bibberz
12-23-2009, 03:40 AM
4. No comment on English/French divide, but Quebec is the source of some of our best musicians, artists, athletes, etc.

Like Win Butler. :worship:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/06/WinButler.jpg

Oh, wait, he's American. :awww:

Minn
12-23-2009, 03:44 AM
Melanie works for me :) I have been there, but it came to mind because a close friend of mine lives there. Who's your team? Even if it's Detroit I won't hate you, I had to get over that roadblock with one of my ex's :o :yeah: You got it. (I like the Canadiens too and will root for any Canadian-based team in the playoffs except against Detroit.)

http://www.legendsofhockey.net/LegendsOfHockey/trophies/winners/PRT1995.jpg

And since this is your thread, I'll add an image of the best Avalanche player. :worship:

Edit: I found a better picture of him.

http://denverzambonidriver.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/joe_sakic_1.jpg

:sobbing: even worse than not following CFL. :lol: You're right, Lee.

Like Win Butler. :worship: Oh, wait, he's American. :awww: But he made the right choice in the end. ;)

GhostUnholy
12-23-2009, 03:48 AM
Not following CFL is absolutely unacceptable :p Too bad the CFL season is over but next year, you MUST watch at least one game of the Stampeder match in McMahon Stadium in subzero temperature

:sobbing: even worse than not following CFL.

Ok, I will go just for you :p
There was never a chance I'd be a flames fan though, I lived in Edmonton for the better part of 20 years. And to be fair, I was fed Nordiques propaganda at like 3 years old lol

Like Win Butler. :worship:

Oh, wait, he's American. :awww:

:lol: I love Arcade fire, but yeah he's from Texas or something right? There are too many good musicians from Quebec though anyways

:yeah: You got it. (I like the Canadiens too and will root for any Canadian-based team in the playoffs except against Detroit.)

I had a feeling that would be it, luckily those early rivalries are far enough in the past that I don't have to seek you down and destroy you :devil:

And since this is your thread, I'll add an image of the best Avalanche player. :worship:

http://www.legendsofhockey.net/LegendsOfHockey/trophies/winners/PRT2001.jpg

:worship:
Legend

Action Jackson
12-23-2009, 03:50 AM
1. My own cooking :eek:

2. Disney world. I went when I was little, but I see it as the embodiment of North American mass consumerism. Plus there'd be nothing for me to eat, I try to eat healthy all the time :lol:

3. Yes, I was very young when they were the Nordiques but I supported them at the time because my sister did really, and transferred my loyalty to the Avalanche.

5. Scenesters used to really bother me back in high school, they were pretty much the bane of my existence. :lol: Now I just leave them be and try not to interact with them

6. Rick Mercer IMO but both are funny

Thanks for the answers, it makes sense now with the whole Nordiques thing and at least in Denver there is snow. It will lead into some more questions.

1. I heard a slogan describing Canada's premise was. Americans out, French in and natives disappear? How much of it is ironic and how much not?

2. Has the overall situation for the Inuit and native population improved in recent times or are the problems so well set, that it will take generations before significant improvement for these communities.

3. Poutine, do you like or hate it?

4. Do you think Bibberz should have been featured in "Talking to Americans"?

5. Is Corner Gas the best thing to come out of Saskatchewan?

6. Pineapple on a pizza is that a crime or not?

ExcaliburII
12-23-2009, 03:52 AM
What do you think is your chance to win Mr MTF? Who are the toughest rivals in road to win the title?

Who is your favourite to win Mrs MTF?

Do you like Canada? If yes, why?

Do you know something about Argentina?

Lee
12-23-2009, 03:52 AM
Ok, I will go just for you :p

Thank You! :hearts:

There was never a chance I'd be a flames fan though, I lived in Edmonton for the better part of 20 years. And to be fair, I was fed Nordiques propaganda at like 3 years old lol

That's OK. And my favourite hockey player of all time is an Edmontonian Mark Messier. (Well, he's a New Yorker now though :p)

edit: Chinook Mall is much better than West Edmonton Mall, shopping-wise. :p

Dini
12-23-2009, 03:54 AM
1) Well, the only players I can be called a fan of are Rafa, who I've supported since 2004 when he impressed me with his athleticism and fighting spirit, and Marat, whose tennis and antics I love. I don't dislike any player though and in general I just like to see high quality tennis, I don't care who's playing.

Nice. :yeah: Marat's antics were surely something, but his tennis will also be missed. I think he chose the right time to retire though. :awww:

2) I've been to the ATP 250 tournament in Sydney in 2000, and Roland Garros in 2008, but that's it. Its hard for me to coordinate my travel with the dates of tournaments, and there aren't any big tournaments close to home.

That's still quite broad geographically. :p What tournaments would you like to visit in the future?

5) Well, Ted is willing to date someone from MTF if he wins, how about I one up him and marry someone from the forum if i win :lol:

How about something more realistic? :rolls:

Oh, and I forgot to answer about my name. I never bothered to ask what it means, but I know my parents named me after a cricket player from the West Indies.

Interesting. I have a friend called Amandeep who's really crazy about cricket, but I never got into the sport myself. Those test sessions or whatever they are called are so looooooong. :o

A few more questions:

1) Favourite scene from a movie and why?
2) Who inspires you?
3) Do you play tennis competitively?
4) What are your hopes for next year?
5) What's your favourite quote?
6) Best advice you've been given?
7) Is there something you'd like to change about yourself if you had the ability?
8) What's the worst/most boring bit of being a med student?
9) What's your biggest fear?
10) What's the best book you've read?

Bibberz
12-23-2009, 03:59 AM

I would have been a poor interviewee. I know quite a bit about Canada (especially by American standards). :p

safinafan
12-23-2009, 04:00 AM
do you think you can beat clidey and all that british beauty?

GhostUnholy
12-23-2009, 04:12 AM
Thanks for the answers, it makes sense now with the whole Nordiques thing and at least in Denver there is snow. It will lead into some more questions.

1. I heard a slogan describing Canada's premise was. Americans out, French in and natives disappear? How much of it is ironic and how much not?

2. Has the overall situation for the Inuit and native population improved in recent times or are the problems so well set, that it will take generations before significant improvement for these communities.

3. Poutine, do you like or hate it?

5. Is Corner Gas the best thing to come out of Saskatchewan?

6. Pineapple on a pizza is that a crime or not?

1. The unfortunate truth in that slogan is that the Native population has been largely marginalized and is discriminated against by many. They never should have signed those treaties.

2. I don't really know enough about this to comment.

3. I hate it, I don't eat high carb meals cause they make me sleepy.

4. :lol: Definitely, he could make it funny even if he's not a moron

5. No, that distinction goes to this one of dude i met in one of my chem labs who was always high on ecstacy :p

6. Crime, punishable by death. :o But no seriously, I don't really like it but I can see why some people like the sweet/sour thing.

What do you think is your chance to win Mr MTF? Who are the toughest rivals in road to win the title?

Who is your favourite to win Mrs MTF?

Do you like Canada? If yes, why?

Do you know something about Argentina?

1. I don't know really, there are many deserving candidates any draw would be tough. You, GlennMirnyi, Ted, adee-gee, and others seem pretty popular, its hard to say who will win.

2. I'm supporting sher_rafavsroger all the way, I'm her man of trust. :) But otherwise I saw one of sunnysmydelight's pictures in the MTF members pics thread somewhere and she's really pretty, and Troickitard is pretty also

3. I love Canada, it's really clean, people are generally friendly, and there's pretty much no population pressure. Lots of space.

4. Very little, though I visited Argentina in December 2006 I think it was, I went to Buenos Aires and Bariloche, I loved it there. The people were very friendly and Bariloche was beautiful.

GhostUnholy
12-23-2009, 04:32 AM
Thank You! :hearts:

That's OK. And my favourite hockey player of all time is an Edmontonian Mark Messier. (Well, he's a New Yorker now though :p)

edit: Chinook Mall is much better than West Edmonton Mall, shopping-wise. :p

Nice, Messier's prime was before my time but I've seen some old games and he was a tank.
And no to Chinook Mall, the majority of shopping in West Ed sucks, but there's a section of it (towards the side with the movie theater, on the 2nd floor) with some very good stores. At Chinook the only store's I would shop at are Zara and Underground, and both are West Ed plus much more. Calgary's Holt is like 10x better though, for guys at least.

Nice. :yeah: Marat's antics were surely something, but his tennis will also be missed. I think he chose the right time to retire though. :awww:

That's still quite broad geographically. :p What tournaments would you like to visit in the future?

How about something more realistic? :rolls:

Interesting. I have a friend called Amandeep who's really crazy about cricket, but I never got into the sport myself. Those test sessions or whatever they are called are so looooooong. :o

A few more questions:

1) Favourite scene from a movie and why?
2) Who inspires you?
3) Do you play tennis competitively?
4) What are your hopes for next year?
5) What's your favourite quote?
6) Best advice you've been given?
7) Is there something you'd like to change about yourself if you had the ability?
8) What's the worst/most boring bit of being a med student?
9) What's your biggest fear?
10) What's the best book you've read?

Marat is a legend, I wish he had been more successful in his career, but really who's complaining about 2 GS. It was definitely time for him to go though. I want to visit the other 3 slams first, and I will probably end up going to the Toronto/Montreal masters at some point as its the easiest one for me. As for what I'll do if I win, I dunno what promise I could make that people would care about, maybe you should suggest something for me to do and I will see if i am willing or not :p I can sleep with everyone who votes for me maybe :devil: But yeah, I don't know much about Cricket either, only times I've watched are when I've been in India or Australia on vacation and my cousins were watching.

1) Gangs of New York is my favorite movie, no particular scene.
2) My old coach, extremely motivating guy. Also, Mikael Akerfeldt of Opeth, I wish I had his talent
3) I did for a while when younger, I have never taken it really seriously though or played futures or anything. Music and school were more important to me.
4) Every year my goal is the same, I want to always become a more complete person and am always tweaking little things in my life to try and be better
5) "I cannot believe that god exists, because if there were a god, I could not believe that I was not he" - Friedrich Nietzsche :lol: That's probably not exact, but it was something like that.
6) I have no idea, there's nothing memorable or life changing that I can think of.
7) I wish I were less introspective sometimes, I would probably be happier and more efficient that way.
8) Probably the long hours once clinical rotations start, and those last for your whole life in some disciplines anyways
9) Being paralyzed.
10) For fiction it would have to be my guilty pleasure, a nerdy fantasy series: "the wheel of time" from Robert Jordan. :lol:

GhostUnholy
12-23-2009, 04:33 AM
do you think you can beat clidey and all that british beauty?

Probably not, I will live in terror of the Scot until this contest is over :o

savesthedizzle
12-23-2009, 04:34 AM
2. I'm supporting sher_rafavsroger all the way, I'm her man of trust. :) But otherwise I saw one of sunnysmydelight's pictures in the MTF members pics thread somewhere and she's really pretty, and Troickitard is pretty also

I knew I was supporting you in Mister MTF with good reason :) :smooch:

Dini
12-23-2009, 04:38 AM
Thanks for answering. I can go to sleep now. :lol:

And I'll think of something clever for your campaign. Not that I think you'll need anything special more than what you already have to win the whole thing. :p :angel: But Strunz's promise is epic it has to be said. :rolls:

GhostUnholy
12-23-2009, 04:38 AM
Edit:

Troickitard: You must have read my mind :D

Infini: Haha thanks, I look forward to whatever it is :) Support is always nice, nicer than winning ultimately

Minn
12-23-2009, 04:39 AM
I had a feeling that would be it, luckily those early rivalries are far enough in the past that I don't have to seek you down and destroy you :devil: :lol:

11>>>>>>>>>>>2 (Stanley Cups ;))

1. I heard a slogan describing Canada's premise was. Americans out, French in and natives disappear? How much of it is ironic and how much not? I've never heard that.

2. Has the overall situation for the Inuit and native population improved in recent times or are the problems so well set, that it will take generations before significant improvement for these communities. There's such a wide range when it comes to natives in Canada. There are some very sad and distressing situations though.

4. Do you think Bibberz should have been featured in "Talking to Americans"? :rolls: :rocker2:

That's OK. And my favourite hockey player of all time is an Edmontonian Mark Messier. (Well, he's a New Yorker now though :p) Lee, you and I have discussed our Mark love before. :inlove:

I would have been a poor interviewee. I know quite a bit about Canada (especially by American standards). :p :D

GhostUnholy
12-23-2009, 04:43 AM
Yup, my friend there is a 20 y.o. male. Do you live in SF or something?

Lee
12-23-2009, 04:45 AM
Lee, you and I have discussed our Mark love before. :inlove:

:D

Mark :inlove: :hearts:

I used to work with a guy who played junior hockey with Mark. Mark basically outhit everyone and was a league above. :lol:

Action Jackson
12-23-2009, 06:22 AM
I would have been a poor interviewee. I know quite a bit about Canada (especially by American standards). :p

Hehehe, still would be funny for different reasons :)

Ilovetheblues_86
12-23-2009, 06:28 AM
1- Canada chances at the Olympics?

2-Did you uploaded your album? axa

By the way i think you have great chance to reach at least semifinal in the contest.

GhostUnholy
12-23-2009, 01:17 PM
1 - Canada will do well this year I think, they made a push to achieve higher at the last 2 olympics, and with this being on home ground our people will be pushing harder. I still don't think we'll be able to do as well as the powerhouses like the US, Russia, Germany, but there are many events we have a good chance in. I think (hope) we can finish as a top 5 country.

2 - I haven't yet, I'm in Florida playing some tennis at Saddlebrook at the moment and don't even have my album here, or a good internet connection. When i get back home on the 5th or 6th I will upload it and send it to you.

And thanks man.

Voo de Mar
12-23-2009, 01:43 PM
Why have you got the sigil of Baphoment in the avatar?

GhostUnholy
12-23-2009, 01:53 PM
I used to have it on the first forum I ever posted at, where all the guys into death metal had this avatar, I've continued using it whenever I don't have a more interesting idea.

tedlesurfeur
12-23-2009, 02:20 PM
Hey buddy, what tournaments did you attend? if you haven't, you should come to RG.

GhostUnholy
12-23-2009, 02:23 PM
I was actually at RG in '08 and had a great time, and loved Paris. Since then I've been thinking about moving there. But if I'm able to go again I'll give you a shout

tedlesurfeur
12-23-2009, 02:26 PM
Moving here? Did you study French? Well, it doesn't matter cause you'll learn over here if you haven't learned it yet. Yeah, RG's nice. It's special to me, because clay is my favourite surface, as a player. I'd like to go to the other Grand Slams though.

GhostUnholy
12-23-2009, 02:29 PM
Moving here? Did you study French? Well, it doesn't matter cause you'll learn over here if you haven't learned it yet. Yeah, RG's nice. It's special to me, because clay is my favourite surface, as a player. I'd like to go to the other Grand Slams though.

I studied French from grade 4-12, but no one here speaks it so I never got any practice and am not fluent, but yeah I think I'd be able to learn quickly if I lived there. Clay is my worst surface :o I grew up on fast indoor hard courts, and grass is my favorite, but even though I suck on it I enjoy playing on clay. I really want to go to Wimbledon sometime

Dini
12-23-2009, 02:31 PM
Rohan why don't you come next year to Wimbledon? :p I was there this year and it was fab.

tedlesurfeur
12-23-2009, 02:36 PM
I studied French from grade 4-12, but no one here speaks it so I never got any practice and am not fluent, but yeah I think I'd be able to learn quickly if I lived there. Clay is my worst surface :o I grew up on fast indoor hard courts, and grass is my favorite, but even though I suck on it I enjoy playing on clay. I really want to go to Wimbledon sometime

It figures. I grew up on clay. Southern France is like Spain and Italy for that matter. I live by Paris now, and can't enjoy clay as much as I'd like to. You suck at it because you'd neet practice, that's all. It's just a question of adjustments. I'm sure you'd really appreciate it. I love playing on hard courts. Makes me improve some aspects of my game that can't be bettered on clay.
Any indoor carpet experience? That's where I play most of the time now. It's quite pleasant.

tennizen
12-23-2009, 02:39 PM
10) For fiction it would have to be my guilty pleasure, a nerdy fantasy series: "the wheel of time" from Robert Jordan. :lol:

:rocker2: Have you read the latest one written by Sanderson? I heard that its pretty good.

GhostUnholy
12-23-2009, 05:25 PM
Rohan why don't you come next year to Wimbledon? :p I was there this year and it was fab.

I don't really have any more vacation time, not even in the summer, so the only possibility is if I can set up an international clinical elective in England for that time. I might be able to make it happen.

It figures. I grew up on clay. Southern France is like Spain and Italy for that matter. I live by Paris now, and can't enjoy clay as much as I'd like to. You suck at it because you'd neet practice, that's all. It's just a question of adjustments. I'm sure you'd really appreciate it. I love playing on hard courts. Makes me improve some aspects of my game that can't be bettered on clay.
Any indoor carpet experience? That's where I play most of the time now. It's quite pleasant.

For sure, i just need to spend some more time on clay. I don't really have the opportunity to where I live but maybe one day. I've never played on carpet actually, I don't have a clue where I'd have to go to find indoor carpet courts. I've heard that it's tough on the knees and ankles though. How do you enjoy life around Paris, I know it is probably too expensive to live in the lively parts of the city, is it inconvenient to get around, or is it really busy in general or something? Just in general how do you find it?

:rocker2: Have you read the latest one written by Sanderson? I heard that its pretty good.

I have, I bought it in the first hour :lol: It wasn't as well written, but I really want to know the ending now!

tedlesurfeur
12-23-2009, 07:18 PM
For sure, i just need to spend some more time on clay. I don't really have the opportunity to where I live but maybe one day. I've never played on carpet actually, I don't have a clue where I'd have to go to find indoor carpet courts. I've heard that it's tough on the knees and ankles though. How do you enjoy life around Paris, I know it is probably too expensive to live in the lively parts of the city, is it inconvenient to get around, or is it really busy in general or something? Just in general how do you find it?

To me, everything is pretty tough on the knees and ankles aside from clay, ha ha. When you're used to playing on clay, then you automatically get pain from playing on harder courts. Indoor carper courts are more comfortable to run on, it feels softer and is kind of traitorous because it is similar to hard courts in some ways. It makes me improve my counter pusher game, which is not something I'm naturally good at.
Paris is so expensive. Students living there are either living in horrible small stale (and add whatever derogatory adjective there) places, or they live ok because of their daddies. Ha ha. This isn't entirely true of course, but it is somewhat true. There are plenty sides of Paris, some I hate. I love RG part. I live 30 minutes away, by some dark woods. Suits me. Tell me about your place.

scoobs
12-23-2009, 07:58 PM
Do you mind being ogled and drooled at by homosexual pervs men?

star
12-23-2009, 09:24 PM
And speaking of Canadian musicians -- here's one -- well, I think he's a citizen.

iC8V8S_REhk&feature

cUKTl2s5oDY&feature

I like the hook on Take a Minute

PdQFU1nh58M

Snoo Foo
12-23-2009, 09:34 PM
1) Gangs of New York is my favorite movie, no particular scene.

:rocker2: :rocker2: :rocker2:

When you're a Jet,
You're a Jet all the way
From your first cigarette
To your last dyin day.

:rocker2: :rocker2: :rocker2:

:secret: kammon don't be shy, isn't this everybody's favorite scene?

Ye7PIyIcCro

Snoo Foo
12-23-2009, 09:36 PM
And speaking of Canadian musicians

http://keneller.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/06/14/lou_ferrigno_as_incredible_hulk.jpg

Aloimeh
12-23-2009, 10:33 PM

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/7576/barfoff.gif

One reason why I'm never posting a pic on MTF.

scoobs
12-23-2009, 10:36 PM

Who cares? I didn't ask you.

Aloimeh
12-23-2009, 10:40 PM
Who cares? I didn't ask you.

Ouch.

I don't care to dredge up your thread, but:

If a girl was drooling over you, would you find that annoying/gross?

scoobs
12-23-2009, 10:43 PM
Ouch.

I don't care to dredge up your thread, but:

If a girl was drooling over you, would you find that annoying/gross?
it wouldn't bother me in the least.

GhostUnholy
12-23-2009, 11:25 PM

No, it doesn't bother me. I'm straight, but I figure it's a compliment either way if someone thinks you're attractive.

And speaking of Canadian musicians -- here's one -- well, I think he's a citizen.

Good taste, I dig both his albums. He's got some thought provoking stuff but can still drop good hooks, and he's done a couple interesting collaborations.

:secret: kammon don't be shy, isn't this everybody's favorite scene?

:lol: You got me, there's something about that scene that I can just really relate to :o
On the note of Gangs of New York though, Daniel Day Lewis's performance in that movie is just :worship:

Dude, unnecessary.

GhostUnholy
12-23-2009, 11:35 PM
To me, everything is pretty tough on the knees and ankles aside from clay, ha ha. When you're used to playing on clay, then you automatically get pain from playing on harder courts. Indoor carper courts are more comfortable to run on, it feels softer and is kind of traitorous because it is similar to hard courts in some ways. It makes me improve my counter pusher game, which is not something I'm naturally good at.
Paris is so expensive. Students living there are either living in horrible small stale (and add whatever derogatory adjective there) places, or they live ok because of their daddies. Ha ha. This isn't entirely true of course, but it is somewhat true. There are plenty sides of Paris, some I hate. I love RG part. I live 30 minutes away, by some dark woods. Suits me. Tell me about your place.

Haha fair enough, everyone who plays a lot on clay tells me that. I've had some knee troubles from playing too much on HCs but nothing too serious. I had the opportunity to play on grass for a couple weeks in England once, that was just incredible. It was way easier to move on than HCs and more fun to play on from a tactical perspective.

Well, I guess I'll just have to make a lot of money so I can move there. I probably enjoyed my time in Paris more than any major city, so maybe when I'm done school I'll try to practice there. I live in the west of Canada in a kind of mid-sized city (about a million people). It's kind of crap place, its nice in that it's really close to the mountains for skiing/hiking and in the summer it's really nice, but 6-8 months of the year it's too cold for my liking and things are way more expensive than they're worth. Tennis clubs for example here cost a lot without actually having good programs, coaches, or facilities. There's also not that many classy places to go out. For the cold, last week before I left for my trip it got down to -44C and I heard from friends that it dropped to a few days ago :s

scoobs
12-23-2009, 11:38 PM
No, it doesn't bother me. I'm straight, but I figure it's a compliment either way if someone thinks you're attractive

Fair enough - of course, I was doing anyway but if it made you uncomfortable I wouldn't have brought it to your attention :hatoff:

Action Jackson
12-24-2009, 02:23 AM
1. Have you ever been to Halifax or Newfoundland?

2. I heard you had some issues with depression. Is a music an outlet to release these negative feelings?

3. What do you think is the biggest misconception about depression?

4. How did you enjoy Sydney or you didn't enjoy it?

5. Are Nirvana overrated?

GhostUnholy
12-24-2009, 02:34 AM
1. Have you ever been to Halifax or Newfoundland?

2. I heard you had some issues with depression. Is a music an outlet to release these negative feelings?

3. What do you think is the biggest misconception about depression?

4. How did you enjoy Sydney or you didn't enjoy it?

5. Are Nirvana overrated?

1. I haven't been to either actually, I haven't been any further east in Canada than Hull in Quebec.

2. Its definitely an outlet. In fact, I can't really create when I'm happy. All my writing is done when I'm at my most depressed, whatever style of music I'm working on. This will sound ridiculous, but unless my mind is an emotional waste I can't translate emotion into my music. The stuff I write when happy or even mildly sad just feels empty of emotion to me.

3. I don't really know, I don't talk about it in depth with anyone really. I think one related thing though is that people try to empathize with others when they're depressed, which doesn't work since you really can't have any conception of how bad they feel at those times. It's better for people to acknowledge that they don't understand IMO.

4. I loved Sydney, and nearly moved there for med school 2 years ago after high school. Unfortunately it was too expensive so I couldn't make it happen. It's one of my favorite cities along with Paris, Vancouver, and NYC.

5. They are definitely overrated, especially Cobain's lack of guitar skills, but I'll admit I do enjoy some of their songs.

Bibberz
12-24-2009, 03:03 AM
They are definitely overrated, especially Cobain's lack of guitar skills, but I'll admit I do enjoy some of their songs.

No one thinks highly of Cobain's guitar skills, so that can't be the reason Nirvana is overrated.

GhostUnholy
12-24-2009, 03:10 AM
You clearly haven't spent much time teaching beginning guitarists

Bibberz
12-24-2009, 03:12 AM
You clearly haven't spent much time teaching beginning guitarists

When I say "no one" I mean "no one whose opinion is worth a damn."

GhostUnholy
12-24-2009, 03:48 AM
true, but then they wouldn't be overrated at all

Bibberz
12-24-2009, 04:16 AM
true, but then they wouldn't be overrated at all

Actually, I think a lot of people whose opinions are reasonably well informed think Nirvana is objectively overrated/underrated for many different reasons (e.g. lyrics, cultural impact, too derivative of the Beatles/Pixies, Cobain's ability to write what were essentially pop songs, etc.).

It's possible that Action Jackson wanted you to take into account all those tweens who worship the intro to "Come as You Are," but believe me when I say that this isn't the first time AJ has roped someone into a discussion of Nirvana. :lol: He already knows Cobain was a :zzz: guitarist, and he knew you thought Cobain was a :zzz: guitarist when he asked the question.

This has been a good spotlight thread, by the way. :D Your Mr. MTF stock is rising....

Minn
12-24-2009, 04:19 AM
BD, you say that like you have a stake in these proceedings...

savesthedizzle
12-24-2009, 04:20 AM
He did wonders in the popcon ;)

Minn
12-24-2009, 04:26 AM
:speakles: :lol: BD and Jess, manipulating us all. :worship:

savesthedizzle
12-24-2009, 04:28 AM
:speakles: :lol: BD and Jess, manipulating us all. :worship:

He's the mastermind, I'm just the puppet :rolls:

Minn
12-24-2009, 04:47 AM
He is a pot-stirrer. For sure.

tedlesurfeur
12-24-2009, 09:44 AM
Haha fair enough, everyone who plays a lot on clay tells me that. I've had some knee troubles from playing too much on HCs but nothing too serious. I had the opportunity to play on grass for a couple weeks in England once, that was just incredible. It was way easier to move on than HCs and more fun to play on from a tactical perspective.

Well, I guess I'll just have to make a lot of money so I can move there. I probably enjoyed my time in Paris more than any major city, so maybe when I'm done school I'll try to practice there. I live in the west of Canada in a kind of mid-sized city (about a million people). It's kind of crap place, its nice in that it's really close to the mountains for skiing/hiking and in the summer it's really nice, but 6-8 months of the year it's too cold for my liking and things are way more expensive than they're worth. Tennis clubs for example here cost a lot without actually having good programs, coaches, or facilities. There's also not that many classy places to go out. For the cold, last week before I left for my trip it got down to -44C and I heard from friends that it dropped to a few days ago :s

Would be too cold for my liking as well, but mind that Paris is a very grey and rainy city, far from the summer pictures. I just am eager to move back to southern France, not far from Marseille and the Open 13.

By the way, did you know that with a French tennis licence you can enter a competition (open to everyone, 512 people selected randomly) to win a wildcard for the Open 13 qualies ? Well, I gave them my email adress (on the official website) and am waiting for registration to open. I'm praying to be selected and that the other competitors will not play as well as I do, haha. Would be crazy to get in Marseille qualies.

Jumping back to what you were talking about : playing in France is not cheap, but it's overall about the same price, while the facilities vary a whole lot from one club to another, which is ridiculous. I would say a year subscription with the tennis licence (to play competitions) is between 200 and 300 euros. I have no idea how to convert it into canadian dollars and how strong your currency is, you go figure that out buddy. ps : don't move to France just to be able to enter Marseille, haha. By the way, you should check out the exact procedure to practice in France. You have time though.

GhostUnholy
12-24-2009, 05:11 PM
Actually, I think a lot of people whose opinions are reasonably well informed think Nirvana is objectively overrated/underrated for many different reasons (e.g. lyrics, cultural impact, too derivative of the Beatles/Pixies, Cobain's ability to write what were essentially pop songs, etc.).

It's possible that Action Jackson wanted you to take into account all those tweens who worship the intro to "Come as You Are," but believe me when I say that this isn't the first time AJ has roped someone into a discussion of Nirvana. :lol: He already knows Cobain was a :zzz: guitarist, and he knew you thought Cobain was a :zzz: guitarist when he asked the question.

This has been a good spotlight thread, by the way. :D Your Mr. MTF stock is rising....

Well I've heard a few things. A lot of people tell me that Cobain is a great songwriter, but I think that's bullshit. Yeah ok, he can write pop songs consisting of like 4 chords, a predictable verse-chorus-verse-chorus-bridge-chorus structure, and some average hooks. Meh. What good musician CAN'T do that? As for their lyrics, they're rarely ever particularly noteworthy or creative. Cultural impact, yeah I'll give that to them, they were the spearhead of the transition from one musical era to another. For derivative of the beatles, pixies, I don't think so. Yeah you can hear the influences, but I think Cobain made the sound his own.

Would be too cold for my liking as well, but mind that Paris is a very grey and rainy city, far from the summer pictures. I just am eager to move back to southern France, not far from Marseille and the Open 13.

By the way, did you know that with a French tennis licence you can enter a competition (open to everyone, 512 people selected randomly) to win a wildcard for the Open 13 qualies ? Well, I gave them my email adress (on the official website) and am waiting for registration to open. I'm praying to be selected and that the other competitors will not play as well as I do, haha. Would be crazy to get in Marseille qualies.

Jumping back to what you were talking about : playing in France is not cheap, but it's overall about the same price, while the facilities vary a whole lot from one club to another, which is ridiculous. I would say a year subscription with the tennis licence (to play competitions) is between 200 and 300 euros. I have no idea how to convert it into canadian dollars and how strong your currency is, you go figure that out buddy. ps : don't move to France just to be able to enter Marseille, haha. By the way, you should check out the exact procedure to practice in France. You have time though.

Yeah, I was there in the summer when it was warm and sunny. Maybe I have to rethink my choice, constantly grey skies make me unhappy. Is southern France much warmer?

I had no idea, there are no opportunities like that here. Good luck, I hope you get to play the qualies! 2-300 euros is actually a really good price, I have to play much much more per year to get what is surely much worse facilities and coaching than anywhere decent in France. There are very few coaches and clubs here, so they can charge whatever they want, people have to pay it. I'm gonna for sure look into the programs over there.