Whom is a cooler dude Federer or Sampras?! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Whom is a cooler dude Federer or Sampras?!

RafitoGoat
12-22-2009, 01:04 AM
Whereby off-court (interviews and wot not) personality is deduced!

Ivanatis
12-22-2009, 01:12 AM
There's only one cool dude (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118715/).

Orka_n
12-22-2009, 01:12 AM
Not another of these pointless threads! DX

12-22-2009, 01:16 AM
Federer is way cooler x10.

Never saw any attraction to Shampras.

Fed likes classy watches too, big time brownie points :worship:

RafitoGoat
12-22-2009, 01:41 AM
Anyone whom wears an analogue watch is a uncool in my book!

Roddickominator
12-22-2009, 02:14 AM
Sampras was able to get an actual attractive woman with his coolness.

Federer was only cool enough to nab an obese slob like Mirka.

/thread

Clay Death
12-22-2009, 03:04 AM
mods: drag this thread outside and have a very large farm animal piss on it at once if not sooner.

12-22-2009, 03:11 AM

/thread

Have you ever thought that maybe he LOVES her??!

Jeepers..he could get a supermodel if he wanted.

Arkulari
12-22-2009, 03:28 AM
GOATPARERA one of the top seeds for ACC 2010, the campaign has already started :yeah:

barbadosan
12-22-2009, 03:32 AM

/thread

It may shock you to know that if anorexic boniness was all a marriage took, 3/4 of the women in the world would not be married - nor 3/4 of the men.

barbadosan
12-22-2009, 03:35 AM
mods: drag this thread outside and have a very large farm animal piss on it at once if not sooner.

AO can't come soon enough... hopefully that'll be the end of them -- well most of them, anyway

TennisLurker
12-22-2009, 03:36 AM
Neither is cool, but even if his personality consists in crying and failing at looking intimidating when posing for pictures http://www.atpworldtour.com/~/media/1327AA13E9744ECD91163A51E0564766.ashx?w=90&h=120&c=1Federer is MR T compared to Sampras.

abraxas21
12-22-2009, 04:32 AM
Sampras was able to get an actual attractive woman with his money.

fixed for ya... the same goes for roddick.

Doggy
12-22-2009, 05:40 AM

/thread

This is the END of this thread! Sampras wins. Mirka is just a hotter version of Bartoli (or Alice Kiselyuck)

clandis
12-22-2009, 06:23 AM
Sampras was a great player, but he was boring.I almost always rooted for his opponent. Fed seems like a dork, but a nice guy.

duong
12-22-2009, 06:37 AM
Not being English native-speaker, I don't know what "cool" exactly means : if it means "cool-quiet" then Sampras ; if it means "cool-nice" then Federer

Goldenoldie
12-22-2009, 09:08 AM
GOATPARERA one of the top seeds for ACC 2010, the campaign has already started :yeah:

He has my vote tied up, unless he can learn the correct usage of "who" and "whom". I am normally very tolerant of posters for whom English is not their first language, but I fear GOATPARERA is one who annoys me.

Goldenoldie
12-22-2009, 09:26 AM
Not being English native-speaker, I don't know what "cool" exactly means : if it means "cool-quiet" then Sampras ; if it means "cool-nice" then Federer

I am English and I don't know exactly what it means either. As it is a slang term it can mean whatever you want it to mean, similarly to "wicked", a more modern equivalent. You know instinctively whether a person, thing or activity is "cool" or not, but fashions change.

You, my friend, are cool; the thread starter is not. Hope this helps.

N.B. Before anybody retorts, I'm not cool either!:D

duong
12-22-2009, 09:39 AM
I am English and I don't know exactly what it means either. As it is a slang term it can mean whatever you want it to mean, similarly to "wicked", a more modern equivalent. You know instinctively whether a person, thing or activity is "cool" or not, but fashions change.

You, my friend, are cool; the thread starter is not. Hope this helps.

N.B. Before anybody retorts, I'm not cool either!:D

Thanks for the explanations, my dictionary refers to "relaxed" and "easy-going", for that I don't know if it refers more to Sampras or Federer.

Federer looks quite easy-going, even though it's not always an easy attitude, I don't know exactly for Sampras.

PS : as for Goatparera and me, one cannot judge people so quickly ;)

RafitoGoat
12-22-2009, 09:56 AM
i think cool is the opposite of nerdy/wimpy!

superslam77
12-22-2009, 10:09 AM
i think cool is the opposite of nerdy/wimpy!

cool is unrelated to that in my book, cool just means likable and easy going. Simply not giving a shit :devil:

born_on_clay
12-22-2009, 10:12 AM
"cooler dude" ?
what a thread :D

kronus12
12-22-2009, 10:42 AM
Well if i had to pick it would be federer, reason check out some of sampras interviews after his matches. Yep boring as hell and who cares what you think of him attidude.

Goldenoldie
12-22-2009, 01:56 PM
PS : as for Goatparera and me, one cannot judge people so quickly ;)

I disagree. One can judge immediately, as long as one is prepared to admit one's mistake if it later becomes necessary.

siloe26
12-22-2009, 03:51 PM

/thread

Maybe because the guy is authentic enough for that.

RafitoGoat
12-22-2009, 04:01 PM
Sampras definitely is the most genuine-seeming number one of recent times. I can see why his fans probably feel a greater connection to him, he isn't trying to be cool (and that comes across as cool)!

the graduate
12-23-2009, 10:16 AM
they are both very nadull,no personality.One is a ballerina the other is a wet blanket:p

Sophocles
12-23-2009, 11:03 AM
"Cool" has morphed into a general term of approbation. If it retains any definite meaning, it has to do with a lack of pettiness & artificiality.

VolandriFan
12-23-2009, 11:24 AM
Federer is the epitome of uncool.

abraxas21
12-23-2009, 03:16 PM
tbh, both of them have rather boring personalities. they're too pc.

Arkulari
12-23-2009, 03:21 PM
Roger is Mick Jagger in comparison to Sampras, which was a great player but sooooo dull, boring, absolutely without charisma

camnation
12-23-2009, 03:48 PM
Not to be a grammar Nazi, but it's not "whom", it's "who". Whom refers to a direct object and there is none in that sentence.

12-23-2009, 10:03 PM

It basically means "suave". If someone is cool it means they are very gracefull, move well, good looking (although not always in just a straightforward way), speak well and everyone wants to be just like them.

Kind of like Michael Jackson was cool, Arnold Shwazzanigger was cool, like the popular jocks in school were cool.

It's just basically means someone who everyone looks up to, someone who people enjoy watching.

RafitoGoat
12-23-2009, 11:39 PM
Federer speaks kind of crazy in press-conferences so I'd say Sampras is a lot cooler, they are like opposites! Sampras is all lay-back and careless like he has nothing to prove, whereas Federer is like 'I won this and this and this, got to be happy with all that even though I lost...'!

barbadosan
12-24-2009, 01:15 AM
Federer speaks kind of crazy in press-conferences so I'd say Sampras is a lot cooler, they are like opposites! Sampras is all lay-back and careless like he has nothing to prove, whereas Federer is like 'I won this and this and this, got to be happy with all that even though I lost...'!

huh? Maybe it seems like that to you since English isn't your mother tongue -- and on the subject of languages, I think Fed is really cool to be able to conduct press conferences fluently in three languages! Can't get much cooler than that

maskedmuffin
12-24-2009, 02:18 AM
The answer to this question is so obvious, even a five year old can answer.

Sampras sweat bullets on the court, to the point he should have worn depends to cover up that gigantic sweat spot that encompassed his shorts.

Non mono-Federer, even in a 5th set of a match, looks dry with barely a glisten of sweat on his forehead

Ergo, federer is the cooler dude

End this thread; The answer has been provided

:wavey:

Roddickominator
12-24-2009, 03:26 AM

Pretty true. Federer seems more fake, as he has an image to protect. Sampras is a more boring guy....but at least he isn't being fake to impress others. That is the epitome of cool.

RafitoGoat
12-24-2009, 03:34 AM
Pretty true. Federer seems more fake, as he has an image to protect. Sampras is a more boring guy....but at least he isn't being fake to impress others. That is the epitome of cool.

Exactly, too cool to care....Sampras very meat and potatoes, all about results, not stardom!

RafitoGoat
12-24-2009, 03:38 AM
Not to be a grammar Nazi, but it's not "whom", it's "who". Whom refers to a direct object and there is none in that sentence.

Who is never right, its a stupid-looking 3-letter word. Always go with Whom, much better looking word. I've already mastered grammar so I have no use for it anymore!

RafitoGoat
12-24-2009, 03:40 AM
The answer to this question is so obvious, even a five year old can answer.

Sampras sweat bullets on the court, to the point he should have worn depends to cover up that gigantic sweat spot that encompassed his shorts.

Non mono-Federer, even in a 5th set of a match, looks dry with barely a glisten of sweat on his forehead

Ergo, federer is the cooler dude

End this thread; The answer has been provided

:wavey:

Nah, we are talking about off-court. Plus Sampras shows more composure than Federer on-court anyway. WOW I'm only 5 and I still out-intelligented you!

brent-o
12-24-2009, 04:35 AM
They're both cool dudes. Dare I say they're pretty rad and bitchin too.

barbadosan
12-24-2009, 04:49 AM

think you inadvertently said that right: "seems".. which simply means that's how it appears to you.... doesn't mean it appears to others that way :)

Goldenoldie
12-24-2009, 08:28 AM
Who is never right, its a stupid-looking 3-letter word. Always go with Whom, much better looking word. I've already mastered grammar so I have no use for it anymore!

Ladies and gentlemen, the reincarnation of William Shagspear is amongst us!

NicolasKiefer44
12-26-2009, 05:59 PM
Sampras was a human sleeping pill. Federer wins in every department.

RagingLamb
12-26-2009, 06:27 PM
UsqLJxpepfs

Funny story around 3:55

RafitoGoat
12-26-2009, 11:06 PM
UsqLJxpepfs

Funny story around 3:55

That is brilliant! Sampras wins this thread :yeah:

Dedric
12-28-2009, 10:44 PM
I think Federer is more cool than Sampras because Sampras is boring.