Brittany Murphy dies at 32 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Brittany Murphy dies at 32

Denaon
12-20-2009, 08:39 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/12/20/brittany.murphy/index.html

Los Angeles, California (CNN) -- Actress Brittany Murphy has died, Los Angeles police and hospital officials said Sunday. She was 32.

Murphy was pronounced dead at 10:04 a.m. PT Sunday at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, hospital spokeswoman Sally Stewart told CNN Radio.

No other details were immediately available.

Murphy starred in several movies, including "Clueless," "Don't Say a Word," and "8 Mile." She also voiced the character Luanne on the animated TV series "King of the Hill."

"In this time of sadness, the family thanks you for your love and support," Murphy's publicist, Nicole Perna, said in a statement. "It is their wish that you respect their privacy."

Murphy is survived by her husband, Simon Monjack, whom she married in 2007.

Fans took to Murphy's official Facebook page Sunday to issue their condolences.

"She was a great actress and was going to go far in her career! She will be greatly missed!" read one post.

Former boyfriend -- and "Just Married" co-star -- Ashton Kutcher posted his reaction to the news via Twitter.

"2day the world lost a little piece of sunshine. My deepest condolences go out 2 Brittany's family, her husband, & her amazing mother Sharon," Kutcher posted.

He added later: "see you on the other side kid."

ClaudiuS
12-20-2009, 08:41 PM
:sad: Shocking news really.

Denaon
12-20-2009, 08:52 PM
Indeed...she one of my favourite comedy actresses...I'm truly sad :sad:

Voo de Mar
12-20-2009, 09:04 PM
I did not know her.

Shirogane
12-20-2009, 09:05 PM
R.i.p

Ivanatis
12-20-2009, 09:17 PM
seen her in Sin City, but nowhere else I think
always particularly shocking when it comes totally out of nowhere

tangerine_dream
12-20-2009, 09:20 PM
What a shame. It's sad and frightening to see young people die of cardiac arrest.

She was great in "8 Mile" but I'll always remember her for "Clueless", still one of my favorite teen movies.

http://iloveyourpartydress.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/clueless.jpg
That's her on the left, looking lovely and unique before she turned into a generic "Hollywoodized" actress with the straight blonde hair (yawn), trout lips (blech), and anorexic ( :rolleyes: ). I know she struggled with her looks and felt very insecure. Hollywood makes beautiful women feel badly about themselves. But I'm glad she was able to find peace and love later on.

RIP Brittany.

superslam77
12-20-2009, 09:25 PM
Now this is bad, one of the few down to earth faces of hollywood. I remember clueless and when she killed herself in girl interrupted.

Björki
12-20-2009, 09:26 PM
RIP :sad:

Cloudygirl
12-20-2009, 09:29 PM
o8sg77XSfqQ

she had a great voice and she was a very underrated actress she was great in 8 mile and in girl interrupted.

98akrEa6eVw

R.Federer
12-20-2009, 09:41 PM
Probably weight-related... anorexia. Saw a picture of her a few months ago, stick thin. Unbelievable nevertheless. Dying young is shocking enough, but of cardiac arrest..? RIP.

shotgun
12-20-2009, 09:59 PM
Sad news. When someone dies of a heart attack at such a young age, it's probably related to substance abuse. If she was indeed anorexic, it's likely she overdid the slimming pills and amphetamines.

I liked her at Spun, and 8 Mile as well.

Johnny Groove
12-20-2009, 10:03 PM
What a shame. It's sad and frightening to see young people die of cardiac arrest.

She was great in "8 Mile" but I'll always remember her for "Clueless", still one of my favorite teen movies.

http://iloveyourpartydress.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/clueless.jpg
That's her on the left, looking lovely and unique before she turned into a generic "Hollywoodized" actress with the straight blonde hair (yawn), trout lips (blech), and anorexic ( :rolleyes: ). I know she struggled with her looks and felt very insecure. Hollywood makes beautiful women feel badly about themselves. But I'm glad she was able to find peace and love later on.

RIP Brittany.

Such a tragedy.

She really was gorgeous. I agree completely with all you said, Tangy.

http://www.eminem.net/8mile/images/brittany_murphy_8_mile.jpg

Sad news. When someone dies of a heart attack at such a young age, it's probably related to substance abuse. If she was indeed anorexic, it's likely she overdid the slimming pills and amphetamines.

Life in Hollywood is always tough and I wouldn't be surprised at all if substances had a part in her death. Far too young :sad:

http://videodetective.com/photos/574/024133_25.jpg

RIP Brittany.

Snoo Foo
12-20-2009, 10:09 PM
RIP Luanne

n84Z8yTIFnE

maru_angi
12-20-2009, 10:13 PM
:sad:

«Ivan»
12-21-2009, 03:17 PM
http://i48.tinypic.com/10rs1dt.jpg

:sad:

«Ivan»
12-21-2009, 03:33 PM

painkillers after all those plastic surgeries.the same V medicine like MJ.

Carlita
12-21-2009, 03:50 PM
:sad::sad::sad: this is such sad news R.I.P. Brittany :hug:

Noleta
12-21-2009, 03:58 PM
:sad:Rest in peace B.Murphy:hug:

Ilovetheblues_86
12-21-2009, 04:37 PM
RIP Brit Murphy

I quite liked the movie with Dakota Fanning and her personality.

~*BGT*~
12-21-2009, 04:55 PM
Sometimes there are deaths you hear of the are expected or at least somewhat reasonable. Then sometimes, you hear of a death that is so surprising ans shocking you don't know what to think. This is one of those deaths. :sad:

Denaon
12-21-2009, 05:19 PM
RIP Brit Murphy

I quite liked the movie with Dakota Fanning and her personality.

Molly smiles the song at the end of the movie always brought me to tears...:sad:

9HZm4lvztVA

safin-rules-no.1
12-21-2009, 05:20 PM
:sad: Clueless is one of my fav films.

Bascule
12-21-2009, 06:50 PM

RIP Brittany.

Clueless was one of my favorite too. And Girl, Interrupted; but I remember her best in Sin City.

Iván
12-22-2009, 11:18 AM
yep, she was really good in the film spun

RIP.

Orka_n
12-22-2009, 06:55 PM
...What... :unsure:
I'm actually really sad now. Brittany was one of my favorite actresses. :sad: :sad:

LSD
12-22-2009, 08:31 PM
good actress
sad shit :'(

~*BGT*~
05-24-2010, 12:56 PM
Her husband died yesterday :sad:

Brittany Murphy's husband is found dead at home
AP

Buzz up!89 votes
* Send
o Email
o IM
o Facebook
o Twitter
o Delicious
o Digg
o Fark
o Newsvine
o Reddit
o StumbleUpon
o Technorati
o Yahoo! Bookmarks
* Print

FILE - This Dec. 20, 2009 file photo shows the home of actress Brittany Murphy's husband British screenwriter Simon Monjack, in Los Angeles. Police sa AP – FILE - This Dec. 20, 2009 file photo shows the home of actress Brittany Murphy's husband British screenwriter …

* Thai director wins Palme d'Or Play Video Movies Video:Thai director wins Palme d'Or AFP
* Palme d'Or Goes to Thailand Play Video Movies Video:Palme d'Or Goes to Thailand AP
* "Shrek" less green at the box office Play Video Movies Video:"Shrek" less green at the box office Reuters

1 min ago

LOS ANGELES – The husband of Brittany Murphy was found dead at his Los Angeles home late Sunday, five months after the Hollywood actress died, police said.

The preliminary cause of the death of British screenwriter Simon Monjack is natural causes, police spokesman Sgt. Louie Lozano told The Associated Press.

"We concluded there no signs of foul play or any criminal activity involved," said Sgt. Alex Ortiz, another police spokesman.

Firefighters responding to an emergency call from a woman at 9:40 p.m. found the 39-year-old Monjack dead at the Hollywood Hills residence, police spokesman Sgt. Louie Lozano said. Ortiz said he didn't know who called. Monjack and Murphy had shared their home with Murphy's mother, Sharon.

Ortiz said that the Los Angeles Coroner's Office was taking over the investigation because criminal activity had been ruled out, and would provide more details later on the death and circumstances surrounding it.

At his wife's funeral in December, a visibly emotional Monjack talked about their relationship and called her his best friend and soul mate. The two married in 2007.

He had said that they had been planning a family and contemplating a move to New York.

Murphy, best known for her major roles in "Clueless," "Girl Interrupted," and "8 Mile" in 2002, died Dec. 20, at age 32 after collapsing in her home. The Los Angeles County coroner's office concluded Murphy's death was accidental, but likely preventable.

The coroner's report said that the medications found in her system were consistent with treatment of a cold or respiratory infection. Monjack and Murphy's mother had reported the actress was ill with flulike symptoms in the days before her death.

An autopsy found no evidence that Murphy abused drugs. Investigators had found numerous prescription medications in her home.