Who's going ? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Who's going ?

alex.2812
12-18-2009, 12:23 PM
I'm going Monday and Tuesday :wavey:

Stelle
12-20-2009, 06:29 AM
I'm going Sunday before (hopefully) Does anyone know if it costs anything for the Sunday? Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday in Hisense woo! I'll probably go Monday as well :) Ground Pass Repp (Y)

Lemon Custard
12-22-2009, 12:28 AM
I'll be there from the first Monday to the Sunday... :)

ozfan44
12-22-2009, 06:00 AM
Im heading to qualies and probably the first 4-5 days!! :wavey:

tennisgero@hotmail.com msn add me for a chat!

Via
12-22-2009, 11:17 PM
I'm going Sunday before (hopefully) Does anyone know if it costs anything for the Sunday? Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday in Hisense woo! I'll probably go Monday as well :) Ground Pass Repp (Y)

isn't sunday closed? :confused:

Peta Pan
12-27-2009, 11:57 AM

isn't sunday closed? :confused:
Yep always closed practice on the Sunday between qualies and MD

I'll be there again from first day of qualies through to at least the middle Sunday :)

Ferrero Forever
12-30-2009, 11:05 AM
First 8 days again (Hisense arena tickets)

Stelle
12-30-2009, 11:46 PM
First 8 days again (Hisense arena tickets)

Does anyone know what the cut-off is for like Rod Laver Arena, as in what ranking do you have to be to get into RLA? Is it only top 5 or is it randomish?:worship:

But, isn't qualies the Sunday? Cos can't you go and watch them practice?

Action Jackson
12-31-2009, 12:57 AM
Qualies finish on Saturday.

Peta Pan
12-31-2009, 08:15 AM
I'll be there again from first day of qualies through to at least the middle Sunday :)

I now have a Hisense ticket for the 2nd Monday so I guess I'll be there until at least then now :yeah:

.-Federers_Mate-.
01-03-2010, 02:05 AM
Does anyone know what the cut-off is for like Rod Laver Arena, as in what ranking do you have to be to get into RLA? Is it only top 5 or is it randomish?:worship:

on RLA you see Hewitt,Fed,Nadal,Djokovic/Murray and possibly Guccione if hes playing a high ranked player like Simon last year. For WTA you get the williams sisters and Dokic/Stosur or Dellaqua. The rest of the top WTA players such as Sharapova and Jankovic get rotated between Hisense and RLA.

For Hisense on the mens side you will probably see Del-Potro, Verdasco, Tsonga and maybe a someone such as Monfils or maybe Soderling.

Toppu
01-05-2010, 12:38 PM
wondering if the entrance to the qualifying rounds is free? Do we have to buy tickets?

Luinir
01-05-2010, 05:12 PM
Monday and Tuesday.. :wavey:

Stanko Dapa
01-06-2010, 06:57 AM
Any ideas when the Q matches starts?

Peta Pan
01-06-2010, 09:22 AM
on RLA you see Hewitt,Fed,Nadal,Djokovic/Murray and possibly Guccione if hes playing a high ranked player like Simon last year. For WTA you get the williams sisters and Dokic/Stosur or Dellaqua. The rest of the top WTA players such as Sharapova and Jankovic get rotated between Hisense and RLA.

For Hisense on the mens side you will probably see Del-Potro, Verdasco, Tsonga and maybe a someone such as Monfils or maybe Soderling.
I would say we are pretty sure to be seeing some Clijsters and Henin on RLA this year too ;) Especially Clijsters
wondering if the entrance to the qualifying rounds is free? Do we have to buy tickets?

Qualies is free :)

Kristen
01-06-2010, 09:39 AM
Peta [and others]! If Oli and Lukasz pull off a stunning set of wins, expect an surprise visit from me :lol:

I'm planning early starts at work from this Friday so I can go to some of the Sydney tournament. Hypothetically, if I could score a day or two off, I would contemplate going to Melbourne for the Friday-Monday. As usual though, this would be spur of the moment, and would depend on players etc. Ohhh shit. I realised I can't live without tennis :sad:

Peta Pan
01-06-2010, 10:10 AM
Peta [and others]! If Oli and Lukasz pull off a stunning set of wins, expect an surprise visit from me :lol:

I'm planning early starts at work from this Friday so I can go to some of the Sydney tournament. Hypothetically, if I could score a day or two off, I would contemplate going to Melbourne for the Friday-Monday. As usual though, this would be spur of the moment, and would depend on players etc. Ohhh shit. I realised I can't live without tennis :sad:

Oh YAY, ok well I'm going to be cheering even harder for Oli and Lukasz now then :p

Shame it's not a bit earlier in the week though - I have accommodation booked from Sunday to Saturday (but I'll be going until Monday at least anyway... I have Hisense seats on Sunday and Monday)

Kristen
01-06-2010, 10:56 AM
Oh YAY, ok well I'm going to be cheering even harder for Oli and Lukasz now then :p

Shame it's not a bit earlier in the week though - I have accommodation booked from Sunday to Saturday (but I'll be going until Monday at least anyway... I have Hisense seats on Sunday and Monday)

I thought about making it earlier, but figured there may be more chances of seeing matches I was interested in, if I waited til doubles was on/the first round was over. But nothing's guaranteed, or booked, lol, I just thought about this today after a chat with my manager :lol: I showed her pics of Lukasz and Oli. She's in love.

.-Federers_Mate-.
01-06-2010, 12:24 PM
I would say we are pretty sure to be seeing some Clijsters and Henin on RLA this year too ;) Especially Clijsters

Qualies is free :)

yeah that's true..Dellaqua will probably miss out. Do you think they will put Molik on RLA this year?

Ferrero Forever
01-07-2010, 10:29 AM

Haha this made me laugh. I really hope you get to come down again. Last year the two of them did awesome, so hopefully we can expect more of the same this year:)

Kat!
01-11-2010, 07:41 AM
Going again! Only booked from Saturday to Thursday at the moment, after 5 weeks in the Northern Hemisphere I need to get used to the heat again!!!

Kristen
01-13-2010, 08:01 AM
Definitely going Jan 22-26. I will fly down the night of the 21st...if I ever book a ticket. Have told Marach he is not to get knocked out in the first round.

Via
01-15-2010, 05:46 AM
can someone tell me why all other courts not adjacent to the qualies are cordoned off? what about all the legendary pre-tournament practices that i've heard so much off :sad:

(feeling a bit bored having to spend time at an internet kiosk)

Kat!
01-15-2010, 11:13 AM
I haven't been to qualies for a couple of years now, but nowadays which ones are fenced off? I remember the large ones (Rod Laver, Hisense, MCA to Court 3?) were all closed off the last time I was there....

jeremda01
01-18-2010, 11:14 PM
Hi all,

I'm just curious if ground pass people are allowed to view the indoor courts?

if so, what are they like?

Via
01-20-2010, 01:15 PM
I haven't been to qualies for a couple of years now, but nowadays which ones are fenced off? I remember the large ones (Rod Laver, Hisense, MCA to Court 3?) were all closed off the last time I was there....

:wavey: missed you this year altogether!

the large courts were closed for sure... but the entire hisense side of the centre was closed off. the qualies were on the rod laver side, no practice happened there.

jeremda01 - by now you should know that ground pass holders need umbrellas, no roof over their heads lol and i don't think people are allowed to view the courts (rod laver and hisense) while there's a person guarding each door and checking tickets.

Kat!
01-26-2010, 10:24 AM
:wavey: missed you this year altogether!

the large courts were closed for sure... but the entire hisense side of the centre was closed off. the qualies were on the rod laver side, no practice happened there.

ohhh did you go to "Hit for Haiti"? (saw the pics on the website) cos I went too lol. The "restructure" of the whole place is damn annoying, I wonder if the new redevelopment can make it even worse!

Via
01-28-2010, 11:54 AM
ohhh did you go to "Hit for Haiti"? (saw the pics on the website) cos I went too lol. The "restructure" of the whole place is damn annoying, I wonder if the new redevelopment can make it even worse!

sorry i didn't stay at the same hotel! ;)

did you get better pics from 'haiti', cos mine i had to smooth out all the 'noise' for iso 1600 :o i also accidentally pressed 'record' for an entire hour on my mobile, but the sound quality is so bad i can hardly hear what went on now. anyway they're going to show it this saturday on 7. (i don't know if it was shown at the time).

i have no idea what all the redevelopments will be... but it would be nice if they get better taps at the toilets lol

any plan to visit auckland next year? *joking*

BlackOnBlue
01-29-2010, 08:25 PM
I just found out that the Australian Bar/Restaurant in NYC is having a viewing party for the Finals Tonight.. I think I'm going to go to it, it sounds like fun. If there's anyone else in the area we should all go.. Theres more info about it here: http://blogs.msg.com/gameon/2010/01/28/top-australian-models-to-host-viewing-party-of-the-womens-australian-open-final/