Eunuch-like Obama abandons public option, incites furor of far-left Democrat Party [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Eunuch-like Obama abandons public option, incites furor of far-left Democrat Party

prima donna
12-16-2009, 07:05 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/12/16/democrats-lash-out-at-oba_n_394424.html
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/72559-white-house-takes-on-the-left-over-health-reform

nCv6uU4p1Ns

buddyholly
12-16-2009, 08:22 PM
I have no doubt the insurance companies, in collusion with the hospitals, are screwing Americans like never before.
But I must admit it is fun to watch the Democrats screwing each other.

scoobs
12-16-2009, 08:42 PM
This is so typical of the Democrats. When the Republicans control Congress and have a President in the chair, they pass any old diabolical shit easily - usually helped by some Democrats who are anxious to "work with the President" and "be bi-partisan" (not that the Pres gives a shite who votes for it as long as he gets the numbers).

Democrats get Congress and have a President in the chair, all they do is fight among themselves about what it means to be a peach and the importance of being earnest, they agree on nothing, and fuck all ever gets done.

It's pathetic.

Chip_s_m
12-16-2009, 11:59 PM
It's about time. This has been in the making since at least August. I sure am glad I'm not Joe Lieberman right now, though.

And wow, the Democrats really blew this one.

Incidentally, there's some rumbling on the left now indicating that some of them might not vote for it. No matter what side you're on this whole thing has been a ton of fun to watch, minus the stress and chaos this has been for just about everyone with a stake in it. Pretty much every week something happens that makes this situation even more clownish.

scoobs
12-17-2009, 12:00 AM
Considering that this chump Lieberman would have been VP, it almost....*almost*....makes me glad the US Supreme Court appointed Bush for the vacant post.

Chip_s_m
12-17-2009, 12:05 AM
Considering that this chump Lieberman would have been VP, it almost....*almost*....makes me glad the US Supreme Court appointed Bush for the vacant post.

Give the guy some credit. He's got some serious balls to stand up to the entire party like that.

scoobs
12-17-2009, 12:07 AM
Give the guy some credit. He's got some serious balls to stand up to the entire party like that.
I'd give him credit if there were any logic to his position but there isn't - he's now threatening to filibuster suggestions that he was on record as supporting as long ago as 9 years ago and as recently as 3 months ago.

He's already as good as admitted that at least some of his motivation is coming from getting some revenge on the liberal elements in the Democratic party who have given him a hard time for the last several years, forced him to stand in Connecticut as an independent, etc. The guy is on a huge ego trip as "the 60th vote" and I don't respect that at all, because he's playing with peoples' lives.

tangerine_dream
12-17-2009, 12:19 AM
This bill needs to be killed.

Democrats/Republicans, both utterly useless, nothing more than two sides of the same coin. Same bullshit every year, no matter who's in charge. Did people really think they were going to get "Change" when they voted for Obama? The idealistic young people who voted for him didn't know any better. This will be their first life lesson in US politics: they are all the same, and they are not looking out for you but for themselves.

~*BGT*~
12-17-2009, 01:43 AM
There's nothing you can do if Congress is against you. And yeah, you can say it's his responsibility to change their minds, if they've got certain interest groups (i.e. insurance companies and wealthy constituents) in mind, convincing them is impossible.

Junkyard Racket
12-17-2009, 02:21 AM
This bill needs to be killed.

Democrats/Republicans, both utterly useless, nothing more than two sides of the same coin. Same bullshit every year, no matter who's in charge. Did people really think they were going to get "Change" when they voted for Obama? The idealistic young people who voted for him didn't know any better. This will be their first life lesson in US politics: they are all the same, and they are not looking out for you but for themselves.

:worship::worship::worship:

prima donna
12-17-2009, 02:37 AM
Obama has become a shadow of the man who campaigned vigorously for 19-months. One can only imagine the profound frustration on the part of leftist ideologues worldwide. According to a recent poll, Bush's approval ratings have increased while Obama's have decreased -- nearly 45% of Americans are nostalgic of the Bush era. Moreover, Sarah Palin is only polling a percentage point or two behind Obama.

~*BGT*~
12-17-2009, 03:03 AM
Who could approve of Sarah Palin except idiots? :lol:

prima donna
12-17-2009, 03:15 AM
Obama supporters are not exactly rocket scientists.

Chip_s_m
12-17-2009, 04:19 AM

She's got her issues and may not be the smartest cookie around, but for many people her beliefs are spot on. Considering the big-government agenda coming out of DC, her small-government ideology is a natural antidote to Obama. I'm by no means a huge fan and don't agree with her on a number of issues (primarily social), but considering the extreme left-wing nature of the "change" Obama and the progressives have been offering up, I'd take her in a heartbeat right now.

~*BGT*~
12-17-2009, 04:20 AM
I find Obama and his achievements (even pre-Presidency).. and his vocabulary and lack of hokey-town accent to be more respectable.

Chip_s_m
12-17-2009, 04:28 AM
I find Obama and his achievements (even pre-Presidency).. and his vocabulary and lack of hokey-town accent to be more respectable.

Make no doubt about it, he's a great speaker (although his use of the word "folks" all the time is becoming a tired act) and he's obviously a smart guy. But for me, when push comes to shove the issues take the cake, and I just don't understand why big government programs and huge spending are the only solutions that this administration and Congress can offer up.

prima donna
12-17-2009, 05:06 AM
Mitt Romney
Schools: Stanford, BYU, Harvard Law, Harvard Business
Experience: 30 years in the private sector, hedge fund manager, self-made multi-millionaire ($300 million net worth or so), Massachusetts Governor

Slightly more impressive than Obama, one might say.

~*BGT*~
12-17-2009, 05:21 AM
And a Morman. That will work against him unfortunately. Besides, Romney is 20 years older than Obama. Of course he's more accomplished than he is, at least, I would hope so :lol:

~*BGT*~
12-17-2009, 05:25 AM
Romney>>>Palin. If I had to vote for either of them, it'd be Mitt all the way.

JolánGagó
12-17-2009, 09:08 AM
This will be their first life lesson in US politics: they are all the same, and they are not looking out for you but for themselves.

That's sadly the case in my country too. Politicians and bureaucrats are a class on their own and they ultimately collide for their common interests beyond those of society despite eventual procedural differences among parties and individuals.

prima donna
12-17-2009, 11:44 AM
And a Morman. That will work against him unfortunately.
What has Mormonism to do with electability ? Not sure whether you've noticed, but a mulatto is the President of the United States. Mitt is, well, a white man -- not to mention much better looking and far more successful.
A man who graduated cum laude from Harvard law and finished in the top 5 percent of his class at Harvard Businesss School is exceptional.

The audacity with which you question the intellect of other voters and resort to religious bigotry is quite an indictment on your character -- or lack thereof. The millions of urban masses who supported Obama's campaign are no smarter than the millions of rural voters who are supportive of Sarah Palin, one need only examine pertinent material: test scores, high school and college graduation rates, and annual income.

prima donna
12-17-2009, 11:56 AM
http://quickdailyhits.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/romney-gesturing.jpghttp://stutteringmessiah.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/obama-angry-2.jpg

Stensland
12-17-2009, 12:14 PM
The audacity with which you question the intellect of other voters and resort to religious bigotry is quite an indictment on your character

well, thank god you've never done anything like that. :D

do you even realise what you post here day in day out?

prima donna
12-17-2009, 12:22 PM
well, thank god you've never done anything like that. :D

do you even realise what you post here day in day out?
Sure. I post, day in and day out, opinions which differ from the consensus on this forum. Your disapproval of my views doesn't make them bigoted; to the contrary, it demonstrates just how sane they actually are.

You and your ilk are a bitter bunch, my friend.

Stensland
12-17-2009, 12:30 PM
you've been branding pro-obama voters as dimwits pretty much on a daily basis. masking it via your artifial uppity way of posting doesn't really make it any better. nor does it make it any more fun to engage in a debate with you if you more or less make it sound like you need to "condescend" to anybody who disagrees. it's rather repellent. i hope (for you!) you have a different sort of personality in real life.

Aloimeh
12-17-2009, 12:36 PM
you've been branding pro-obama voters as dimwits pretty much on a daily basis. masking it via your artifial uppity way of posting doesn't really make it any better. nor does it make it any more fun to engage in a debate with you if you more or less make it sound like you need to "condescend" to anybody who disagrees. it's rather repellent. i hope (for you!) you have a different sort of personality in real life.

Condescension, thy name is PD.

Rrrainer, PD is the quintessential elitist snob. Opera. Harvard. Etc. The epitome of American elitism, but *luckily* he has the European origins he can always retreat to when the Americans become too primitive for his taste.

prima donna
12-17-2009, 12:37 PM
Your average Obama voter:

z8lXEY8O0tQ

prima donna
12-17-2009, 12:40 PM

Rrrainer, PD is the quintessential elitist snob. Opera. Harvard. Etc. The epitome of American elitism, but *luckily* he has the European origins he can always retreat to when the Americans become too primitive for his taste.
Speaking of which, I know of two Harvard graduates on this board and each of them is a Palin supporter -- how odd. True story.

Aloimeh
12-17-2009, 12:44 PM
Speaking of which, I know of two Harvard graduates on this board and each of them are Palin supporters -- how odd. True story.

My experience with average Harvard students/graduates has confirmed to me that they are not very different from students at other elite schools I have known.

That said, while an elite school name (and yes, especially Harvard) has historically predisposed me to think the person intelligent, I reevaluate periodically what I think of the person's intelligence on the basis of what they say and how they act.

I have observed that the latter is a much better way of determining intelligence (at least as far as I can tell) than going on school name.

Stensland
12-17-2009, 12:46 PM

Rrrainer, PD is the quintessential elitist snob. Opera. Harvard.

i'm not sure about that. this is an internet board, anything goes.

he does like his particular role on non-mtf though, true.

Aloimeh
12-17-2009, 12:50 PM

There is a particular kind of snobbery I find nauseating: 1.) the pseudo-humanitarianism, in which gala functions (e.g. Copenhagen?) are thrown allegedly to draw support for some humanitarian goal or mission, for which none of those invited care a mite; 2.) purchasers of modern art pieces; 3.) the French language; 4.) opera.

prima donna
12-17-2009, 12:51 PM
My experience with average Harvard students/graduates has confirmed to me that they are not very different from students at other elite schools I have known.

That said, while an elite school name (and yes, especially Harvard) has historically predisposed me to think the person intelligent, I reevaluate periodically what I think of the person's intelligence on the basis of what they say and how they act.

I have observed that the latter is a much better way of determining intelligence (at least as far as I can tell) than going on school name.
You're right in doing so. One shouldn't reflexively equate intelligence with an Ivy League pedigree, especially given the affirmative action and legacy programs, the latter being affirmative action for the offspring of powerful alumni, for those who are unfamiliar.

At any rate, these are actually two exceptionally gifted individuals who are neither minorities nor the children of influential politicians. It's an interesting paradox, insomuch as people seem to correlate Sarah Palin with that which is coarse and simplistic.

Stensland
12-17-2009, 12:52 PM
basically agree on all 4. hmm i don't find opera that bad. but then again, i don't really know anyone who regularly goes to opera houses.

hate french though, amen!

Aloimeh
12-17-2009, 12:58 PM
You're right in doing so. One shouldn't reflexively equate intelligence with an Ivy League pedigree, especially given the affirmative action and legacy programs, the latter being affirmative action for the offspring of powerful alumni, for those who are unfamiliar.

At any rate, these are actually two exceptionally gifted individuals who are neither minorities nor the children of influential politicians. It's an interesting paradox, insomuch as people seem to correlate Sarah Palin with that which is coarse and simplistic.

I have a friend who went to Harvard who explained to me that there are 3 types of students: 1.) the legacies; 2.) the well-rounded (she was herself); 3.) the geniuses.

The geniuses are few and far between, to be honest. Harvard and other Ivy League's (I went to one myself) admissions call for something called well-roundedness, with which I disagree entirely.

I believe the origins lie in the fact that historically Jewish students were outcompeting everyone else on the tests, so they introduced more fuzzy intangible admissions criteria for entry so as to justify admitting WASPS over Jews.

Many high school students know how to play the game. They do multiple sports, volunteering, newspaper editing, play a musical instrument, found/participate in clubs, etc. None of these things have much to do with ultimate achievement/success. And, when I was in high school I refused to play this game. I focused on courses and music as an extracurricular and preferred reading books in my free time to participating in dozens of clubs and activities.

What would be better is acceptance of candidates who truly have a passion and a focus for one or a very few things and excel at them. To think that all candidates need a homogeneous portfolio of boilerplate accomplishments is a little bit silly.

prima donna
12-17-2009, 12:58 PM

So you're implying that I pretend to enjoy opera or that I use a translator to write in Italian ? I do enjoy a distinct genre of music; I am from Milan; I am a relatively well-educated person. That being said, I'm a connoisseur when it comes to music and I did not attend Harvard -- although Stanford, NYU Law, and Columbia Business aren't too bad.

You are so desperate to associate conservatism or republicanism with stupidity that you're denying that which is obvious: not all Republicans are rubes.

Aloimeh
12-17-2009, 01:01 PM
basically agree on all 4. hmm i don't find opera that bad. but then again, i don't really know anyone who regularly goes to opera houses.

hate french though, amen!

I find most opera detestable. I find it strange how so many otherwise brilliant composers found the form at all engaging, e.g. Mozart, Handel, Tchaikovsky, or Dvorak. To think how Beethoven spent so much effort on that idiotic Leonore/Fidelio, effort that could have been better spent on some extra concertos or symphonies...

French is meh/OK but in my view a very feminine sounding language and lacks dignity.

My own personal snob-appeal languages are Latin and ancient Greek. I tried teaching myself ancient Greek, but it is devilishly hard; on the other hand, no one can say that ancient Greek or Latin don't sound elevated and dignified.

prima donna
12-17-2009, 01:06 PM
I have a friend who went to Harvard who explained to me that there are 3 types of students: 1.) the legacies; 2.) the well-rounded (she was herself); 3.) the geniuses.

The geniuses are few and far between, to be honest. Harvard and other Ivy League's (I went to one myself) admissions call for something called well-roundedness, with which I disagree entirely.

I believe the origins lie in the fact that historically Jewish students were outcompeting everyone else on the tests, so they introduced more fuzzy intangible admissions criteria for entry so as to justify admitting WASPS over Jews.

Indeed, and to buttress your point, Harvard in the 1930s actually imposed quotas on the number of Jewish applicants that would be admitted, as too many of them were scoring off the charts on standardized testing. My wife (who is much older than I) is originally from London, and was an impeccable student yet found herself rejected by Cambridge in spite of her superb marks. She also had recommendations from professors at the school and upon further inquiry into the matter learned of a de facto quota system that was in play: she had been rejected because they had reached quota.

buddyholly
12-17-2009, 01:06 PM
There is a particular kind of snobbery I find nauseating: 1.) the pseudo-humanitarianism, in which gala functions (e.g. Copenhagen?) are thrown allegedly to draw support for some humanitarian goal or mission, for which none of those invited care a mite; 2.) purchasers of modern art pieces; 3.) the French language; 4.) opera.

One out of four isn't bad.

All opera is wonderful, except Wagner of course.

Aloimeh
12-17-2009, 01:09 PM
One out of four isn't bad.

All opera is wonderful, except Wagner of course.

Actually, Wagner's opera is probably the only kind with some substance to it. Still, detestable.

Aloimeh
12-17-2009, 01:13 PM
Indeed, and to buttress your point, Harvard in the 1930s actually imposed quotas on the number of Jewish applicants that would be admitted, as too many of them were scoring off the charts on standardized testing. My wife (who is much older than I) is originally from London, and was an impeccable student yet found herself rejected by Cambridge in spite of her superb marks. She also had recommendations from professors at the school and upon further inquiry into the matter learned of a de facto quota system that was in play: she had been rejected because they had reached quota.

My impression is that the British are greater snobs than Americans and are far more informed of origins than Americans.

I doubt there is a Jewish quota system in American Ivies today. After all, with over 50% of Jews in mixed marriages, the children of those marriages often have names that are non easily discernable as stereotypically Jewish.

I do think there is an Asian quota system, though. They are obviously very easily identified and are currently the group that is outcompeting whites.

I believe UC Berkeley dropped their quotas and now their matriculants are over 70% Asian, maybe more. That has to do with in state admission and California having a large Asian population, too, of course.

prima donna
12-17-2009, 01:14 PM
Actually, Wagner's opera is probably the only kind with some substance to it. Still, detestable.
All that Nietzsche says of Wagner's music is true. Detestable is the right word.

prima donna
12-17-2009, 01:23 PM
My impression is that the British are greater snobs than Americans and are far more informed of origins than Americans.
Undoubtedly.

I doubt there is a Jewish quota system in American Ivies today. After all, with over 50% of Jews in mixed marriages, the children of those marriages often have names that are non easily discernable as stereotypically Jewish.
Given the brilliant innovations and inventions created by Jewish minds, the United States would be wise to import as many Jews as possible. American culture is not congenial to the cultivation of brilliant minds such as that of Albert Einstein. Israel, notwithstanding its size, is attracting large amounts of venture capital.

Aloimeh
12-17-2009, 01:26 PM
Undoubtedly.

Given the brilliant innovations and inventions created by Jewish minds, the United States would be wise to import as many Jews as possible. American culture is not congenial to the cultivation of brilliant minds such as that of Albert Einstein. Israel, notwithstanding its size, is attracting large amounts of venture capital.

I have a very dim view of Einstein, personally. I don't contest the many other brilliant Jewish minds that immigrated to this country.

The American upper class WASPS have it in their interest to maintain the dominance of their group in this country. It has nothing to do with brilliance, and the British and their descended immigrants in the US aren't exactly lazy talentless dullards who couldn't continue maintaining a prosperous and inventive country/society without the influx of any immigrant group.

prima donna
12-17-2009, 01:45 PM
I have a very dim view of Einstein, personally. I don't contest the many other brilliant Jewish minds that immigrated to this country.

The American upper class WASPS have it in their interest to maintain the dominance of their group in this country. It has nothing to do with brilliance, and the British and their descended immigrants in the US aren't exactly lazy talentless dullards who couldn't continue maintaining a prosperous and inventive country/society without the influx of any immigrant group.
With all due respect, the notion of WASP culture being predominant is rather antiquated, even in rich enclaves. The most influential figure in politics today is George Soros, a Hungarian-Jew immigrant -- with literally billions to throw around. Russian has supplanted French as the second language of Palm Beach, yet another indicator that wealthy Eastern Europeans are taking over areas that were once controlled by "WASPS". Not to mention the thousands of wealthy Asians populating America. Oh, and the billionaire hedge fund manager being implicated for insider-trading is from India. Our Oval Office is presently occupied by a man who calls himself Barack Hussein Obama.

I am curious to know in what element of society "WASP" culture is predominant.

Aloimeh
12-17-2009, 01:55 PM
With all due respect, the notion of WASP culture being predominant is rather antiquated, even in rich enclaves. The most influential figure in politics today is George Soros, a Hungarian-Jew immigrant -- with literally billions to throw around. Russian has supplanted French as the second language of Palm Beach, yet another indicator that wealthy Eastern Europeans are taking over areas that were once controlled by "WASPS". Not to mention the thousands of wealthy Asians populating America. Oh, and the billionaire hedge fund manager being implicated for insider-trading is from India. Our Oval Office is presently occupied by a man who calls himself Barack Hussein Obama.

I am curious to know in what element of society "WASP" culture is predominant.

We were talking about 1930s America and Harvard admissions. WASPS back then were the dominant group in every way and it was in their interest to clamp down on southern and eastern European immigration (which were bringing in Roman Catholicism, Eastern Orthodoxy, and Judaism) and on Jewish admissions to top institutions.

prima donna
12-17-2009, 02:01 PM
We were talking about 1930s America and Harvard admissions. WASPS back then were the dominant group in every way and it was in their interest to clamp down on southern and eastern European immigration (which were bringing in Roman Catholicism, Eastern Orthodoxy, and Judaism) and on Jewish admissions to top institutions.
So when you remarked "American upper class WASPS have it in their interest to maintain the dominance of their group in this country." you were speaking in the past tense ? My brain is a bit convoluted.

Speaking of Catholics, how odd is it that only forty years ago such individuals were considered pariahs, whereas it is now almost considered normal and acceptable to practice Catholicism.

Stensland
12-17-2009, 02:46 PM
French is meh/OK but in my view a very feminine sounding language and lacks dignity.

french sounds gay to me, and not in the regular gay way but in this mincing, finical in-ya-face way.

~*BGT*~
12-17-2009, 03:23 PM
What has Mormonism to do with electability ? Not sure whether you've noticed, but a mulatto is the President of the United States. Mitt is, well, a white man -- not to mention much better looking and far more successful.
A man who graduated cum laude from Harvard law and finished in the top 5 percent of his class at Harvard Businesss School is exceptional.

The audacity with which you question the intellect of other voters and resort to religious bigotry is quite an indictment on your character -- or lack thereof. The millions of urban masses who supported Obama's campaign are no smarter than the millions of rural voters who are supportive of Sarah Palin, one need only examine pertinent material: test scores, high school and college graduation rates, and annual income.

Is that relevant? :spit: Again, Obama is 48 and Romney is 62. This would be like me as a 20 year old, comparing myself to a third-grader. "Yes, little one, you may have mastered cursive writing, but I was Senior class Vice President!" :o Besides, Romney being a Mormon deviates from the norm in American politics. There has only been one Catholic President and one non-white President. Not too many Mormans, Wiccans, agnostics, atheists. And because he deviates from the norm, people will discriminate against that.

prima donna
12-17-2009, 03:39 PM
Is that relevant? :spit: Again, Obama is 48 and Romney is 62. This would be like me as a 20 year old
Then your explanation as to why Mitt Romney's net worth exceeds $200,000,000 has to do with age. So we should give Obama another decade or so to amass more than $196,000,000 ? Multi-millionaires don't grow on trees, kiddo.

And because he deviates from the norm, people will discriminate against that.
There is no bigger deviation from the norm than a black man running for president.

~*BGT*~
12-17-2009, 03:42 PM
PD, you're exhausting. Being President>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Being a multi-millionaire.

prima donna
12-17-2009, 03:44 PM
PD, you're exhausting. Being President>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Being a multi-millionaire.
And you're puerile.

Your comparison is not germane to the discussion at hand.

~*BGT*~
12-17-2009, 03:52 PM
And you're puerile.

Your comparison is not germane to the discussion at hand.

You're calling someone puerile and insulting them in the process? :spit: Insults are perfect to use when you have no argument, dear. :hug: Obviously, by making that comparison, I was showing that I view ascending to the Presidency as being a greater accomplishment and a better indicator of success than amassing wealth as a CEO. And please don't bring up some example like President G.W. Bush and CEO Bill Gates. :rolleyes:

prima donna
12-17-2009, 03:59 PM
You're calling someone puerile and insulting them in the process? :spit: Insults are perfect to use when you have no argument, dear. :hug: Obviously, by making that comparison, I was showing that I view ascending to the Presidency as being a greater accomplishment and a better indicator of success than amassing wealth as a CEO. And please don't bring up some example like President G.W. Bush and CEO Bill Gates. :rolleyes:
You seem to have little trouble in comparing Sarah Palin to Barack Obama in terms of achievements, yet when Obama is compared to a man by whom he is dwarfed, suddenly achievements cease to be of such great importance. Barack Obama was a community organizer and a lecturer at the University of Chicago -- a white man with similar achievements would be grading exams right now instead of sitting in the Oval Office. Let us not pretend that Obama was elected based upon merit.

Bill Clinton:
Rhodes scholar - Georgetown/Yale Law/Oxford, 12 years as governor of Arkansas, Attorney General of Arkansas
George Bush Jr - Governor of Texas, Yale/Harvard Business, Texas Rangers management
George Bush Sr - oilman, congressman, ambassador, vice president - Yale
Ronald Reagan - Governor of California
Barack Obama - Columbia/Harvard Law, Community Organizer, Senator for 152 days, lecturer/adjunct professor -- give me a break.

~*BGT*~
12-17-2009, 04:08 PM
OK, are we comparing Presidents with Presidents now or Presidents with failed Presidential candidates? :shrug:

~*BGT*~
12-17-2009, 04:10 PM
Why was Obama elected? Educate me.. please.

prima donna
12-17-2009, 04:18 PM
The point is you're comparing a mediocre person to, well, another mediocre person. One need only listen to Obama to understand that he is a moderately intelligent person, but he is certainly not as intelligent as his credentials would suggest. Nor do his accomplishments stand up to those of past presidents, Reagan exempted. He has few substantive achievements of which to speak, so what makes him any better than Sarah Palin ? They are both mediocre, the only difference is Sarah didn't have the benefit of being born a mulatto with access to affirmative action.

He's never released his transcripts from Columbia, which is a deviation from the norm. Al Gore, John Kerry, and George Bush Jr. did it. Why not Obama -- perhaps he's hiding mediocre grades that don't justify his admission to Harvard Law.

prima donna
12-17-2009, 04:19 PM
Why was Obama elected? Educate me.. please.
The zeitgeist: anti-Bush rhetoric culminated with the prospect of the election of the first man of color.

~*BGT*~
12-17-2009, 04:35 PM
Why do you assume President Obama has benefited from affirmative action?
Why do you not assume Sarah Palin has not benefited from affirmative action for women? Why else was she chosen as VP? She graduated from the University of Idaho and left Hawaii Pacific University because there were too many Asians.

7 years as Illinois State Senator and almost 4 years as US Senator trump a few years as a city council member in a small town in Alaska, mayor of said town and quitting before three years as Governor

3.5 years as Senator = 152 days? Get your facts straight PD. He was elected in January 2005 and resigned last November.

I know you won't but you should read this (http://stuffwhitepeopledo.blogspot.com/2008/05/hold-black-people-to-higher-standards.html) and definitely this (http://stuffwhitepeopledo.blogspot.com/2009/11/reap-benefits-of-affirmative-action-for.html)

prima donna
12-17-2009, 04:55 PM
Why do you assume President Obama has benefited from affirmative action?
Why do you not assume Sarah Palin has not benefited from affirmative action for women? Why else was she chosen as VP? She graduated from the University of Idaho and left Hawaii Pacific University because there were too many Asians.

7 years as Illinois State Senator and almost 4 years as US Senator trump a few years as a city council member in a small town in Alaska, mayor of said town and quitting before three years as Governor

3.5 years as Senator = 152 days? Get your facts straight PD. He was elected in January 2005 and resigned last November.

I know you won't but you should read this (http://stuffwhitepeopledo.blogspot.com/2008/05/hold-black-people-to-higher-standards.html) and definitely this (http://stuffwhitepeopledo.blogspot.com/2009/11/reap-benefits-of-affirmative-action-for.html)
Palin attended multiple second and third tier colleges. The University of Idaho is not exactly Harvard or Columbia in terms of the admission process. Actually, she also attended community college for a year, if I'm not mistaken. Fine -- she's a mediocre person. Great. No affirmative action is required to gain acceptance to an obscure state college, nor is anyone under the impression that Palin is a scholar.

Obama, on the other hand, was a United States Senator for a total of 152 days, the rest of his time was spent campaigning. The man campaigned for 19-months, during which time he was absent from the Senate. What's more, he voted present on an innumerable number of occasions during his short duration in the Senate. He spent a few months in the private sector after graduating from Columbia, then went on to become a community organizer and worked as an attorney for organizations such as ACORN. Compare this to, say, Bill Clinton's record as Attorney General, 12-year governorship, lawyer for a private firm in Little Rock, not to mention his superb academic record.

If you are under the impression that Obama's race did not factor into the equation, then there's little or nothing that I do to absolve you of your naivete. People were disgusted with George Bush and Barack Obama represented change in the form of an articulate mulatto. Again, the keyword: zeitgeist. I would not have even bothered to make this an issue were I not tired of you and other sycophants exaggerating Obama's intelligence quotient, especially when comparing him to Sarah Palin.

For the record, I would not vote for Sarah Palin as president, nor would I vote for Obama, but there is little difference between the two in terms of intelligence. Pick up a book written by an obscure economist, or listen to a speaker on c-SPAN -- there is nothing particularly impressive about Obama's verbiage when compared to that of other well-educated individuals. He's not Einstein, Spitzer (IQ of 160), or even Bill Clinton. Similarly, disregard Palin's accent (or better yet, read transcripts of her interviews) and you'll discover that she's not as dumb as she may at times sound.

~*BGT*~
12-17-2009, 04:57 PM
I give up. You didn't answer a single one of questions. I'm tired of you.

Chip_s_m
12-17-2009, 05:59 PM
Well shit's really hitting the fan now. Bernie Sanders, the self-described socialist senator from Vermont is now threatening to withhold support for the bill because it's been watered down too much for his liking:

Bernie Sanders May Not Vote for Health Bill

As leaders in the White House and the Senate work to make the Democratic health care bill acceptable for moderates like Joe Lieberman (I-Conn.) and Ben Nelson (D-Neb.), a couple of their left wing counterparts are threatening to revoke their support for the reform package.

Sen. Bernie Sanders, the liberal Independent from Vermont, said on Wednesday that he cannot accept the bill as it is currently shaping up because it does not control costs or rein in health insurance companies.

"I'm struggling with this," Sanders said Wednesday evening on Fox News. "As of this point, I'm not voting for the bill… I'm going to do my best to make this bill a better bill, a bill that I can vote for, but I've indicated both to the White House and the Democratic leadership that my vote is not secure at this point."

"When the public option was withdrawn, because of Lieberman's action, what I worry about is how do you control escalating health care costs?" Sanders said, echoing comments from some other liberal health reform advocates like Howard Dean. "How do you give competition to the private insurance companies who are raising rates, premium rates outrageously every year, who's only function in life is to make as much money as they can?"

Meanwhile, Sen. Roland Burris (D-Ill.), who filled the Senate seat left vacant when President Obama took office, could complicate Senate Democrats' plans as well. He said on the Senate floor earlier this week that he is committed to voting for a bill that "achieves the goals of the public option."

"My colleagues may have forged a compromise bill that can achieve the 60 votes that will be needed for it to pass," he said. "But until this bill addresses cost, competition and accountability in a meaningful way, it will not win mine."

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/12/17/politics/politicalhotsheet/entry5990091.shtml

prima donna
12-17-2009, 06:12 PM
PD - Just curious.. Are you originally from the US and what do you do for a living?
No, and I'm a real estate developer.

buddyholly
12-17-2009, 08:57 PM
I have a very dim view of Einstein, personally.

Then maybe it is time to see the light.

Seriously, with comments like this, I am fast reaching the conclusion that you are one of the cleverest put-ons MTF has seen.

buddyholly
12-17-2009, 09:01 PM
french sounds gay to me, and not in the regular gay way but in this mincing, finical in-ya-face way.

German sounds like marching jackboots to me, but if I said it, you would accuse me of stereotyping a nation.

Tommy_Vercetti
12-17-2009, 09:39 PM
"Liberal Independent"

Good cover there. You don't want your newspaper reporting that the only self-described socialist in the Congress is the biggest advocate for the original ridiculous and beyond confusing health care reform. Media deception at it's best. Not that Sanders is the only one, but I like that he admits it.

prima donna
12-17-2009, 11:35 PM
How is your business of late?
So-so. We haven't had to cut back, but perhaps that has to do with our propensity to save during good times.

Stensland
12-18-2009, 09:35 AM
German sounds like marching jackboots to me, but if I said it, you would accuse me of stereotyping a nation.

you may say about languages whatever you want. it sounds like what it sounds like to you. i don't think that's stereotyping at all.

btw what do the slavic languages sound like to you if german is already "marching jackboots"?

orangehat
12-18-2009, 10:50 AM
This is so typical of the Democrats. When the Republicans control Congress and have a President in the chair, they pass any old diabolical shit easily - usually helped by some Democrats who are anxious to "work with the President" and "be bi-partisan" (not that the Pres gives a shite who votes for it as long as he gets the numbers).

Democrats get Congress and have a President in the chair, all they do is fight among themselves about what it means to be a peach and the importance of being earnest, they agree on nothing, and fuck all ever gets done.

It's pathetic.

It's not the Democrats' fault that they stick to individual beliefs not conforming to a certain "set" of party beliefs (euphemised as "Family principles" and "America First").

Conservatives in the US make me want to puke. (I wonder about the hard-line lefts considering I'm a moderate liberal) Spreading ridicuously hated and illogical messages to the US public in the name of god and those who subscribe to such logic get fooled so easily.