Woods is AP's Athlete of the Decade [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Woods is AP's Athlete of the Decade

barbadosan
12-16-2009, 02:47 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/

Well ho-hum!

"Just like so many of his victories, it wasn’t much of a contest.

Woods received 56 of the 142 votes cast by AP member editors since last month. More than half of the ballots were returned after the Nov. 27 car accident outside his Florida home that set off sensational tales of infidelity.

Lance Armstrong, a cancer survivor who won the Tour de France six times this decade, finished second with 33 votes. He was followed by Roger Federer, who won more Grand Slam singles titles than any other man, with 25 votes.

Record-setting Olympic swimmer Michael Phelps came in fourth with 13 votes, followed by New England quarterback Tom Brady (6) and sprinter Usain Bolt (4). Five other athletes received one vote apiece."

timafi
12-16-2009, 02:48 PM
epic FAIL:mad:

Santoro Magician
12-16-2009, 02:52 PM
Old we did it in the woods Tiger

barbadosan
12-16-2009, 02:55 PM
Does AP hold an actual awards ceremony? If so (and forgive the mischievous question), but one wonders who Tiger will be taking?

duong
12-16-2009, 02:56 PM
Lance Armstrong, a cancer survivor who won the Tour de France six times this decade, finished second with 33 votes.

the real scandal in the eyes of an European :rolleyes:

"cancer survivor" it says how much it's about sport and how much his marketing worked well :rolleyes:

I'm happy Phelps could get to rank 4 though : he still could have a little bit of credit in his homecountry, it's so strange he doesn't get more :sad:

As for Woods, I've nothing to say, except that in France, gulf is not a popular sport at all (contrary to cycling by the way), and it's nice that the Americans could forget to judge into private life matters for a while :yeah:

Allez_Roger!
12-16-2009, 03:04 PM
:shrug: Expected I guess. What else do we expect from the Americans?

Xavier7
12-16-2009, 03:08 PM
I wouldn't even class golf players as athletes.
Fact is golf is just not athletic and the fact you often see middle aged men with beer bellies competing at the highest levels of the game.
Are darts and pool players athletes? :confused:

LoveFifteen
12-16-2009, 03:10 PM
:shrug: Expected I guess. What else do we expect from the Americans?

From Americans ... not from the Americans.

tennis2tennis
12-16-2009, 03:27 PM
For me if its called ATHLETE OF THE DECADE than its between Lance and Roger.....Michael's young he'll do more...but for the billionth time GOLFERS ARE NOT ATHLETES let the bitching begin!!!!;)

duong
12-16-2009, 03:29 PM
Michael's young he'll do more

Swimmers don't have a long carreer :shrug:

and what more can he do than what he did ? :eek:

bokehlicious
12-16-2009, 03:30 PM
Nid

scoobs
12-16-2009, 03:32 PM
Associated Press - so is this for his golf prowess or the amount of copy he's generated in the last couple of weeks?

r2473
12-16-2009, 03:34 PM
The only fair thing would have been if MY FAVORITE ATHLETE got the award. As my favorite athlete is not Tiger, this award is a joke.

In addition, the only "athletic" sports are ones that I deem as such. All other "activities" are jokes and the province of middle aged men with beer bellies.

Sheesh!!! Why can't everyone be as logical as I am? Dolts!!!

bokehlicious
12-16-2009, 03:38 PM
Ranking is irrelevant when it comes to any American poll :shrug: Fed tops the non Americans which is all that matters :o

duong
12-16-2009, 03:39 PM
The only fair thing would have been if MY FAVORITE ATHLETE got the award. As my favorite athlete is not Tiger, this award is a joke.

In addition, the only "athletic" sports are ones that I deem as such. All other "activities" are jokes and the province of middle aged men with beer bellies.

the fact is that Woods has been there for long and can still be a great for next 10 years,

while Phelps has few years left in him : he can go until the next olympics (and not sure at all he wins so much there : the top-swimmers usually renew quickly), but not more.

barbadosan
12-16-2009, 03:47 PM

You mean like this? :angel:

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k6/bajan_2006/450px-JohnDalyATTNational2-1.jpg

Johnny Groove
12-16-2009, 03:51 PM
What is the definition of a professional athlete?

Dominates his sport, has tons of sponsorships, and he gets around quite a bit. Tiger is a throw-back athlete in the mould of Wilt Chamberlain :p

-Valhalla-
12-16-2009, 03:56 PM
Tiger with more than twice as many votes as Fed? Lol. Jingoism at it's very finest my friends.

Orka_n
12-16-2009, 04:01 PM
What a joke. Woods is a genius - but he's a GOLFER :banghead:

Armstrong or Fed would've been fine. USA fails yet again.

swisht4u
12-16-2009, 04:15 PM
The jokes on the AP.
Lets see what else comes out before the award ceremony.
-
That should be interesting. :devil:

Tommy_Vercetti
12-16-2009, 04:24 PM
Doesn't surprise me. After all, the AP is an arm of the Obama administration.

DrJules
12-16-2009, 04:31 PM

"Off course" Cheetah Woods has shown excellent stamina and physical prowess.:lol::lol::lol:

GhostUnholy
12-16-2009, 04:37 PM
What a joke.

I would have given this to Phelps, but would have been fine with Federer, Armstrong, or Schumacher, though cyclist enthusiasts have been making a good case as to why Armstrong doesn't deserve it. But seriously. Golf?

jjames69
12-16-2009, 04:38 PM
the ap voting is a joke.

roger federer lost because he not from america.

1. golf isn't even a sport, its a game.

2. roger already owns the slam record while tiger is 4 behind jack nicklaus.

jjames69
12-16-2009, 04:40 PM
What is the definition of a professional athlete?

Dominates his sport, has tons of sponsorships, and he gets around quite a bit. Tiger is a throw-back athlete in the mould of Wilt Chamberlain :p

except wilt was an actual athlete, and not nearly the phony woods is.

LoveFifteen
12-16-2009, 04:46 PM
Oh, noes, boo hoo, a bunch of really old men didn't vote for my fave! :sobbing:

Who the hell cares about the AP's opinion?

Don't worry, guys, I am sure Roger will win some meaningless award very soon, too! :haha:

Steelq
12-16-2009, 04:59 PM
Lol it's always fun when people with absolutely
no clue about world sports are trying to choose the best athlete of the year,decade,millenium...And their first pick couldn't be more funnier neither.

tennissukz
12-16-2009, 05:07 PM
Huge.

r2473
12-16-2009, 05:15 PM
Oh, noes, boo hoo, a bunch of really old men didn't vote for my fave! :sobbing:

Who the hell cares about the AP's opinion?

Don't worry, guys, I am sure Roger will win some meaningless award very soon, too! :haha:

+1

CooCooCachoo
12-16-2009, 05:19 PM
:spit: It shows how much of a social construct sport is, because he would not have made the Top 5 in a European version of this poll.

jjames69
12-16-2009, 05:34 PM
tiger was also voted john of the decade.

octatennis
12-16-2009, 05:49 PM
mods take this thread and shoot it in cold blood.

Bilbo
12-16-2009, 05:55 PM
never in doubt that an american would win

LoveFifteen
12-16-2009, 06:00 PM
never in doubt that an american would win

Never in doubt that Eurotrash would whine incessantly about an American winning. :tape:

Haelfix
12-16-2009, 06:02 PM
Its definitely hokey that Woods won. He's still behind Nicklaus and hasn't been anywhere near as dominant as Federer has.

I can't fathom why so few voted for Phelps or Bolt either.

Henry Chinaski
12-16-2009, 06:02 PM
mods take this thread and shoot it in cold blood.

haha. superb.

duong
12-16-2009, 06:11 PM

it seems that gulf is a more important sport than swimming :tape:

Snowwy
12-16-2009, 06:14 PM

"cancer survivor" it says how much it's about sport and how much his marketing worked well :rolleyes:

I'm happy Phelps could get to rank 4 though : he still could have a little bit of credit in his homecountry, it's so strange he doesn't get more :sad:

As for Woods, I've nothing to say, except that in France, gulf is not a popular sport at all (contrary to cycling by the way), and it's nice that the Americans could forget to judge into private life matters for a while :yeah:

Typical frenchman, jealous that an American is better than your lover french boys. If he had dominated the entire decade he would have won walking away. He is the only top rider of that era not to have been caught doping (not saying he wasn't doing it, but he wasn't caught), and don't quote L'Equipe, most French people will whine when an American is better. I guess in Canada we can see with the Quebecois that the apple didn't fall far from the tree?

Too funny :)

the fact is that Woods has been there for long and can still be a great for next 10 years,

while Phelps has few years left in him : he can go until the next olympics (and not sure at all he wins so much there : the top-swimmers usually renew quickly), but not more.

So you are saying, we give it to another guy because, he might not be as good, but we shouldnt give it to the best cuz he could be great again.

What a joke. Woods is a genius - but he's a GOLFER :banghead:

Armstrong or Fed would've been fine. USA fails yet again.

Don't you think its slightly unfair for you to judge what is a sport or not? The IOC has decided golf is a sport for the olympics, and I agree, I think it is stupid, but it seems they have decided that, can we not accept that?

Its the athlete of the DECADE not the year, Bolt did nothing before last year and Phelps could have won it, but really, he's a swimmer, they don't get attention they have real events once every 4 years..the Olympics, no one cares about the other events, you might not like that, but its how it is.

duong
12-16-2009, 06:36 PM
He is the only top rider of that era not to have been caught doping (not saying he wasn't doing it, but he wasn't caught)

very strange way of thinking : it seems that you think he was a doper, but he was clever enough not to be caught then he deserved the prize :eek:

Typical frenchman, jealous that an American is better than your lover french boys. If he had dominated the entire decade he would have won walking away.

Greg Lemond has always been very popular in France. And French cyclists there has not been one for years : what would the French be jealous of ? :lol:

Miguel Indurain won as much as Armstrong but has always been hugely respected in France.

And Phelps seemingly has more recognition in Europe than in the USA :rolleyes:

Well it's hard for an European to understand Armstrong's invincible support in America but surely the French can also be stupid : after all, the French still supported a French cyclist Virenque even when he was caught : surely the French are often stupid :lol:

But well it's so mean :shrug:

duong
12-16-2009, 06:48 PM
So you are saying, we give it to another guy because, he might not be as good, but we shouldnt give it to the best cuz he could be great again.

it was not the topic.

In the previous posts the questions were :

- someone said "Phelps is still young, he can get it later" : I wanted to explain that no, a swimmer has a short carreer ; it's rather the opposite, Woods can be competitive in the next decade

- is gulf a "physical sport" ? I wanted to mention that if you compare with swimming, surely it's completely different :shrug: and it's much easier to dominate a decade in gulf.

Anyway, you hate the French people : sorry for being French :worship:

tangerine_dream
12-16-2009, 06:54 PM
Good news! The AP just handed out the Award for Biggest International Crybabies to Europe. Gratz! http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii269/theogrit/1sm178trophy.gif

Bad news: you also just narrowly beat out Roger Federer for the title, making him a two-time AP Award loser. :bigcry:

http://i48.tinypic.com/54hqh1.jpg

Snowwy
12-16-2009, 07:01 PM
very strange way of thinking : it seems that you think he was a doper, but he was clever enough not to be caught then he deserved the prize :eek:

Greg Lemond has always been very popular in France. And French cyclists there has not been one for years : what would the French be jealous of ? :lol:

Miguel Indurain won as much as Armstrong but has always been hugely respected in France.

And Phelps seemingly has more recognition in Europe than in the USA :rolleyes:

Well it's hard for an European to understand Armstrong's invincible support in America but surely the French can also be stupid : after all, the French still supported a French cyclist Virenque even when he was caught : surely the French are often stupid :lol:

But well it's so mean :shrug:

I don't think Lance cheated, I said that more to avoid that argument if he cheated or not.

it was not the topic.

In the previous posts the questions were :

- someone said "Phelps is still young, he can get it later" : I wanted to explain that no, a swimmer has a short carreer ; it's rather the opposite, Woods can be competitive in the next decade

- is gulf a "physical sport" ? I wanted to mention that if you compare with swimming, surely it's completely different :shrug: and it's much easier to dominate a decade in gulf.

Anyway, you hate the French people : sorry for being French :worship:

I agree that this was Phelps' chance, but he did not deserve it, it came down to Woods or Federer, and really, I can see why Tiger got it, he has to be 128 people over four days, not 1 player one day 7 times. Woods has to be the #2, #3, #4 and so on players every time he goes out all at the same time, Federer has to beat one of them on one day, that I feel makes Tiger more impressive. And in North American we call it golf.

Naw, I hate French people who dislike Americans/English people, it pretty much strands from Bill 101 in Quebec, look it up if you don't know what it is, I am half French, I work in a French workplace, I just dislike the attitude of many French people.

PS.. Thanks for the bad rep :)

duong
12-16-2009, 07:10 PM
I don't think Lance cheated, I said that more to avoid that argument if he cheated or not.

How can you avoid it ?

it's the only important point in that matter :eek:

I agree that this was Phelps' chance, but he did not deserve it, it came down to Woods or Federer, and really, I can see why Tiger got it, he has to be 128 people over four days, not 1 player one day 7 times. Woods has to be the #2, #3, #4 and so on players every time he goes out all at the same time, Federer has to beat one of them on one day, that I feel makes Tiger more impressive. And in North American we call it golf.

In my opinion, Phelps totally deserved it. Even Federer cannot approach what he did. And between Federer and Woods, I don't really know : as you say, it depends the importance you give to each sport :shrug:

Naw, I hate French people who dislike Americans/English people, it pretty much strands from Bill 101 in Quebec, look it up if you don't know what it is, I am half French, I work in a French workplace, I just dislike the attitude of many French people.

PS.. Thanks for the bad rep :)

hating French people and culture is totally understandable (I don't like much American culture myself, and I don't like many French people's opinions :lol: ), but defending Armstrong with that argument is really mean, and I'm fed-up with that argument I've read far too much here in recent days :rolleyes:

PS : you can give me one back : I'm French, you know ;)

Macbrother
12-16-2009, 07:36 PM

What is so hard to understand? He's one of the most tested athletes ever and never been caught. He not only came back from cancer but has also raised millions with his livestrong campaign and significantly increased awareness for testicular cancer. Basically what has Lance does so wrong that upsets you other than dominate a sport riddled with dopers?

Snowwy
12-16-2009, 07:41 PM
What is so hard to understand? He's one of the most tested athletes ever and never been caught. He not only came back from cancer but has also raised millions with his livestrong campaign and significantly increased awareness for testicular cancer. Basically what has Lance does so wrong that upsets you other than dominate a sport riddled with dopers?

You see his website? Its basically an attempt to get America back into shape. Its pretty amazing.

PS : you can give me one back : I'm French, you know ;)

Naw, I don't really do that, but it was pretty exciting, somehow I think it was my first one of 2009, maybe not though. :)

Lance is a pretty incredible guy, even if you don't like his sporting accomplishments, you should give the guy a break, he is trying to change the world for the better and really, how many people can you say that about?

duong
12-16-2009, 07:44 PM

surely God gave him his holiness to get over them :worship:

Lance is a pretty incredible guy, even if you don't like his sporting accomplishments, you should give the guy a break, he is trying to change the world for the better and really, how many people can you say that about?

OK I have nothing more to say :

Mother Theresa surely deserves a reward :worship:

How devilish this Greg Lemond :devil: he pretended that Mother Theresa had threatened him and his family :sad:

Bilbo
12-16-2009, 07:44 PM
woods got this award at the right time. his career now is in shambles and might be finished.

Macbrother
12-16-2009, 08:01 PM
surely God gave him his holiness to get over them :worship:

Wow, he's so good, he just has to be cheating. Can't argue with that! Time to order up PED tests for Federer, Woods, Jordan, Jim Brown, Pele, who else...

Seriously though Duong, help me understand why you have such vitriol for a man who has done (and who is doing) so much outside the sport. And this is not from an Armstrong fan or cyclist fan, though of course I appreciate his efforts against cancer and obesity.

And your post is part of the point, he's not mother theresa or Ghandi, just some guy who's really good at riding a bike.

duong
12-16-2009, 08:11 PM
Wow, he's so good, he just has to be cheating. Can't argue with that! Time to order up PED tests for Federer, Woods, Jordan, Jim Brown, Pele, who else....

As for Armstrong, there have been serious scientific analyses about VO2max and other physiological aspects.

Seriously though Duong, help me understand why you have such vitriol for a man who has done (and who is doing) so much outside the sport. And this is not from an Armstrong fan or cyclist fan, though of course I appreciate his efforts against cancer and obesity.

And your post is part of the point, he's not mother theresa or Ghandi, just some guy who's really good at riding a bike.

What can I tell you ? :shrug:

I have no hatred to Armstrong at all, but the way you just defend him is just so :eek:

Nearly everyone in Europe thinks is a doper.

And as a person, I don't know how much he has made in the US, but I have some difficulty to think that Mother Theresa would do that :

http://my.opera.com/badmadcyclist/blog/show.dml/315318

(for your information, Lemond has always been highly respected as a very nice and fair guy in France ; but we didn't have the same impression that Armstrong was Mother Theresa as you think in the US)

Frankly speaking, I don't care Armstrong as I'm not a huge cycling fan, but I just can't understand the way you're thinking :shrug:

this topic had already been talked here :

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=155182&page=4

Frankly speaking, I'm fed-up with all that Armstrong story and that "why are you so ugly against him, you French ?" : I only mentioned something which is widely thought in Europe, I have no personal problem with Armstrong :shrug:

Macbrother
12-16-2009, 08:28 PM
I have no hatred to Armstrong at all, but the way you just defend him is just so :eek:

You have no hatred, yet at every opportunity you are attempting to discredit him. Well here is the key point -- there is nothing to defend. He's 6-time or however many time champ until shown otherwise and has done many great things outside his sport.

Nearly everyone in Europe thinks is a doper.
Then it must be true, right?

And as a person, I don't know how much he has made in the US, but I have some difficulty to think that Mother Theresa would do that :

http://my.opera.com/badmadcyclist/blog/show.dml/315318

:lol: Another "allegation." Even so, maybe he's not the nicest guy ever, what do I care about that? Like I said he's not mother theresa, just a really good bike rider.

Frankly speaking, I don't care Armstrong as I'm not a huge cycling fan, but I just can't understand the way you're thinking :shrug:

I explained this before but read very carefully:
(1) He's never been found positive despite arguably having the most rigorous testing
(2) He did it coming back from cancer, which I don't know if that means anything where you're from, but most cancer survivors here gets a pretty good pat on the back no matter who you are.
(3)What he's done outside the sport. In the early '00's no matter where you were, small town or large, young kids and adults were wearing those livestrong bracelets.

So, pretty simple stuff. Wonder no more why he's defended or liked in the states. (Never hurts that he's one of our own that's out there kicking french butt at their own game, of course.)

Next you're going to tell me he didn't tip well on a $1000 tab.

thrust
12-16-2009, 08:38 PM
Doesn't surprise me. After all, the AP is an arm of the Obama administration.

Nonsense! Still, I don't think Tiger, or any golfer, deserves such an award. Phelps was crucified for taking a little pot and was deserving of the award, as was Roger and Lance. My picks would be: Roger, Phelps then Armstrong. As avid tennis fans we are perhaps a bit biased, but unfortunately, tennis players are still somewhat underrated for their all-round athletic abilities.

duong
12-16-2009, 08:57 PM
You have no hatred, yet at every opportunity you are attempting to discredit him.

I swear God that I will never anymore say a word about Armstrong on this forum or to American people : now I know that it's a blasphemy, and that you prefer ignoring what Europeans very simply think.

I said words that I should never have said :tape: (especially as I don't give a shit about Armstrong, I just thought it was very simple words, how fool I am :o )

Sorry sorry sorry :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

duong
12-16-2009, 09:03 PM
(2) He did it coming back from cancer, which I don't know if that means anything where you're from, but most cancer survivors here gets a pretty good pat on the back no matter who you are.

yes in Europe people don't care about cancer, we have no experience about it, and we usually send cancer ill people straight to stalags where nobody can hear of them :sad:

Macbrother
12-16-2009, 09:13 PM
I swear God that I will never anymore say a word about Armstrong on this forum or to American people : now I know that it's a blasphemy, and that you prefer ignoring what Europeans very simply think.

I said words that I should never have said :tape: (especially as I don't give a shit about Armstrong, I just thought it was very simple words, how fool I am :o )

Sorry sorry sorry :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

yes in Europe people don't care about cancer, we have no experience about it, and we usually send cancer ill people straight to stalags where nobody can hear of them

Why you are carrying on with the theatrics? See you can't even talk about him without getting worked up. There, there, Duong :hug:

Listen. You can say whatever you like about Lance. I guarantee you that no one in America has built a shrine to him and worships him nor do we think he's Jesus or the Dalai Lama like you're making out. He's just a tremendous biker that's made very visible contributions to great causes out of his sport. That's why he's liked, that's why it's curious [to some] why he's disliked. Try and take your emotions out of it and at least acknowledge some of what he has done.

tangerine_dream
12-16-2009, 09:30 PM
This thread should probably be moved to NT.

What about Usain Bolt? Do you think he's clean?

duong
12-16-2009, 09:32 PM
Why you are carrying on with the theatrics? See you can't even talk about him without getting worked up. There, there, Duong :hug:

Listen. You can say whatever you like about Lance. I guarantee you that no one in America has built a shrine to him and worships him nor do we think he's Jesus or the Dalai Lama like you're making out. He's just a tremendous biker that's made very visible contributions to great causes out of his sport. That's why he's liked, that's why it's curious [to some] why he's disliked. Try and take your emotions out of it and at least acknowledge some of what he has done.

I have no emotion about Armstrong, but just about being talked and talked and talked again about that on two consecutive threads :eek:

Frankly speaking, I was very surprised about reactions : read the other thread, you will see that I4m not the only European to think like that :shrug:

I swear that I have nothing special about Armstrong :shrug:

I'm not even fond of cycling, and then :shrug:

I just told you basically what I learnt, really Lemond was still having a blog during Tour de France this year and he's more than suspicious.

There are two complete conceptions about that on two sides of the Atlantic : well it's strange but it's like that :shrug:

That's really what you can't understand : even if we have NO FEELING about Armstrong, nearly everybody thinks that he is a doper.

And well can't you understand my reaction in this thread ? Imagine that Ben Johnson was near to being nominated the greatest athlete of the decade, how would you react ?

I hope you can finally undestand that it's not such a big deal : only and only that we, in Europe, strongly believe that Armstrong is a doper. Only that :shrug:

duong
12-16-2009, 09:35 PM
What about Usain Bolt? Do you think he's clean?

Generally speaking in Europe people think that :

there's absolutely nothing against him, it's not the case about Armstrong - see previous thread I quoted about it and the Wikipedia.

Of course he has raised some suspicions because of unreal performances, also the fact that several Jamaicans were caught, but usually people rather think he's clean so far :shrug:

noting especially his strange physical morphology he has always had.

I just tell you the general conception :shrug:

But it can change of course : in such matters when people start having some tangible elements like the name of the doctor who has spent a lot of time with the guy ... suspicions start and it's not good.

the graduate
12-16-2009, 10:11 PM
yeah baby go get them TIGER!!I DONT CARE FOR Elin because she is a gold digger.He will be back next year with a better swing and this tabloid frenzy will die down by the end of the year.

Ouragan
12-16-2009, 10:28 PM
He's the shag daddy of the decade for sure, but not the best athlete, that's Roger IMO.

Lance's victories were too controversial. Yes he has one ball but then again Federer has long hair.

Pea
12-16-2009, 10:38 PM
Wow, 2 chetas on top? Heh

Kip
12-16-2009, 11:27 PM
Utterly Laughable! :lol:

Yet, not a surprising choice in the least! :o

KarlyM
12-16-2009, 11:34 PM
I'm surprised Roger was that high on the list - I thought he would have been voted lower. :shrug:

rhinooooo
12-16-2009, 11:41 PM
Not a fan of golf, but to play it well you need immense skill and talent, not to mention strength for driving. Have to disagree with those who are insulting it.

I'm glad Brady didn't win. Fantastic QB but athlete of the decade? Fuck off.

Macbrother
12-16-2009, 11:48 PM
I have no emotion about Armstrong, but just about being talked and talked and talked again about that on two consecutive threads :eek:

All that's mentioned here was that he was nominated and his qualifications, until you came in echoing your sentiments from the previous thread, so you realize you are the reason it's being talked and talked about, right? :)

And well can't you understand my reaction in this thread ? Imagine that Ben Johnson was near to being nominated the greatest athlete of the decade, how would you react ?
So what do all the negative tests mean to you? That Lance has the magic doctor that's one step ahead for 10 years?

I hope you can finally undestand that it's not such a big deal : only and only that we, in Europe, strongly believe that Armstrong is a doper. Only that :shrug:

Fortunately presumption of guilt does not mean guilty. Maybe he did dope. No way to know for certain. What I do know is comparing someone with circumstantial suspicion to a convicted doper who had his medals stripped sounds a lot more emotional than logical.

Action Jackson
12-16-2009, 11:48 PM
If Vercetti hates it, then it's a good decision.

duong
12-17-2009, 12:02 AM
All that's mentioned here was that he was nominated and his qualifications, until you came in echoing your sentiments from the previous thread, so you realize you are the reason it's being talked and talked about, right? :).

OK OK I'm guilty :bowdown: :bowdown:

as you want it so bad :eek:

I only know that I have no feeling at all about Armstrong : think whatever you want, I am the only person who knows my feelings :shrug:

I just wanted to give an information and expressed a simple surprise in that thread ... as I told you, I guess if Ben Johnson was nominated, I guess you would be surprised, no ?

OK Ben Johnson was convicted, Armstrong was not caught, OK :bowdown: sorry if I had noticed that tens of cyclists had taken many tests without any problems until they were proved dopers (sometimes they were not taken through tests but through police investigations or witnesses), sorry for thinking that :bowdown:

just simple surprise and now I harshly wish I had not said anything about it as I'm :banghead:

I told you I swear I will not say a word about him anymore : why did you need to come back to it again ? :banghead:

I'm far far more than fed-up about that :banghead:

just sorry :bowdown:

tangerine_dream
12-17-2009, 12:10 AM
Also, in happier news, Andy Murray did not win the BBC Sports Personality of the Year (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/6804550/Ryan-Giggs-wins-BBC-Sports-Personality-of-the-Year-2009.html) award. :banana:

Macbrother
12-17-2009, 12:16 AM
I told you I swear I will not say a word about him anymore : why did you need to come back to it again ? :banghead:

:lol: My bad. I couldn't resist.

star
Tiger certainly deserves the award for all his sexual gymnastics. :p

star
:lol: My bad. I couldn't resist.

More please. ;)

the graduate
12-17-2009, 02:43 AM
Rodger is cheating with a cougar

dabeast
12-17-2009, 03:18 AM
This "award" is a fucking joke. Fed earned his claim to GOAT. Woods isn't even better than Nicklaus and he'll never be in my eyes, no matter how many more majors he wins. And for the last time, GOLF IS NOT A SPORT.

Snowwy
12-17-2009, 03:26 AM
This "award" is a fucking joke. Fed earned his claim to GOAT. Woods isn't even better than Nicklaus and he'll never be in my eyes, no matter how many more majors he wins. And for the last time, GOLF IS NOT A SPORT.

Says who? According to the IOC it is, so I'm gonna say it is.

Why do we need to define what is and isn't a sport?

dabeast
12-17-2009, 03:29 AM
You're getting the definition of a sport straight from a book. Open your eyes and look at Woods' competition. Pot-bellied, middle-aged, balding men who WALK on the green as opposed to real athletes who sweat and grind it out every minute, be it tennis, bball, cycling or swimming.

buddyholly
12-17-2009, 06:50 AM
You're getting the definition of a sport straight from a book.

And I suggest you do the same. A dictionary is a book.

sport:activity requiring skill or physical prowess, such as tennis, baseball, golf.

athlete: a participant in a sport.

Mimi
12-17-2009, 07:28 AM
our diver Guo is greater than Tiger:cool: