Favourite Heavy Metal Music Thread [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Favourite Heavy Metal Music Thread

Pages : [1] 2

Action Jackson
12-16-2009, 04:59 AM
There are so many sub genres of heavy metal and a lot of the time it's misunderstood by media, general populace and yes even metal fans.

One of the originals to kick this thread off and yes it's still good.

1jdAwXV7eVM

Johnny Groove
12-16-2009, 05:02 AM
gFTzUvZJ0Rw

The final 30 seconds or so of this song has, I think, the greatest guitar solo of all time.

Ozzy, the king.

Johnny Groove
12-16-2009, 05:04 AM
Another one that ain't half bad.

Bw7uZFXVLmE

Henry Chinaski
12-16-2009, 05:08 AM
\m/ metal \m/

My last fm profile:

http://www.last.fm/user/aaronjacques

prob won't contribute to this thread until I get my ram upgraded. all the embedded youtube clips make my browser freeze and eventually crash these days

Action Jackson
12-16-2009, 05:08 AM
Axl Rose is a clown and I didn't like these guys, but respect to this song.

a_0l14CzIos

Action Jackson
12-16-2009, 05:12 AM
Of course the Brazilian legends of Sepultura need to get a gig here.

4Hwx0tmbLHk

kai.
12-16-2009, 05:16 AM
tXaZmY52gHM

BwxJ46HWXbA&

aQIxn7s3ym8&

s1sAkZF7SCQ&

:rocker2:

kai.
12-16-2009, 05:23 AM
9Djwv-M_saU&

GhostUnholy
12-16-2009, 05:27 AM
Favorite song off my all time favorite album, Blackwater Park. :worship:

zIyJ5_reDSI

This band took death metal brought new heights of creativity in 2009

G9eebFfDjkE

And a great song from what I consider the second best album of the 00's, Serpent's Kiss from Symphony X

uuAEXidu42s

Ilovetheblues_86
12-16-2009, 05:33 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nn7y5ShTWWU&hl=es_ES&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nn7y5ShTWWU&hl=es_ES&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The first heavy metal show I went.... I was 14, was Angra, a melodic power metal band from Brazil, very famous.
Ok, they are melodic, but I think this song is very good composed, energetic and I like the message too.

Action Jackson
12-16-2009, 05:35 AM
Bathory, one of the pioneers of black and viking metal. Very clear vocals as well.

OGDPPa6Tri8

Action Jackson
12-16-2009, 05:38 AM
The legend of Sergio Roitman is a big fan of these guys, we always knew Escopeta was cool.

dVlFraTq-Vg

GhostUnholy
12-16-2009, 05:39 AM
Angra are definitely a good band, great guitar players
Bo9yoHXVtME

Power metal in general is not my thing, but I like a few bands Angra, Stratovarius, Dream Evil (:lol:), Wintersun & old Children of Bodom if you are willing to count this kind of PM with harsh vocals. Some more also but not the majority

For me the my first heavier show I went to was a metalcore show, I think Killswitch Engage when I was 13
3jF311T8Xxc

Still love this album though after they changed vocalists they've been releasing boring music,

GhostUnholy
12-16-2009, 05:40 AM
Bathory

BLOOD FIRE DEATH

:mad::mad::mad:

:o

Action Jackson
12-16-2009, 05:43 AM
BLOOD FIRE DEATH

:mad::mad::mad:

:o

I didn't label the youtube clip, when I put stuff on youtube I make sure it's right.:)

Not your fave band?

Vamos Carcass.

B7lP30tSZF0

GhostUnholy
12-16-2009, 05:47 AM
I didn't label the youtube clip, when I put stuff on youtube I make sure it's right.:)

Not your fave band?

No no I love Bathory, Blood Fire Death is just my favorite album from them.

Carcass is great too, I love old school death.

Here's some Dismember
35CYJpAQHqk

Entombed
07B42TVgmyQ

Action Jackson
12-16-2009, 05:49 AM
Entombed's first two albums Left Hand Path and Clandestine were class. Nicke Andersson actually sang the tracks on Clandestine, though it was credited to Johnny Djordevic

Action Jackson
12-16-2009, 05:51 AM
25c33C11eQU

Clay Death
12-16-2009, 05:55 AM
i will quickly list a few i that listen to once in a while:

1. mega death
2. deff leapord
3. metalica
4. whitesnake
5. queensryche
6. disturbed

and a few others. no time to list them all. going to get some sleep.

and aj, remind me to kick your ass when i have the time.

Action Jackson
12-16-2009, 05:58 AM
I dance to my own tune CD, you know this.

Very friendly and cool Austrian guys, who are a cult band.

mu1Lpg_7wSY

GhostUnholy
12-16-2009, 06:01 AM
Wolverine Blues was also a good album.

I've been really into Keep of Kalessin lately, Armada is a great album. Frantic riffs and drums, good melodic parts to mix it up, and an epic concept
H2LJMnj54zs

Clay Death
12-16-2009, 06:01 AM
you could not carry a tune if it had massive handles old sport. you know that i know this.

in any case, i like this thread. just noticed it a few minutes ago. i will have to make my contributions sooner or later.

you are to be commended for such a timely thread. well done.

Johnny Groove
12-16-2009, 06:02 AM
Alice in Chains

zTuD8k3JvxQ

Black Sabbath

9LjbMVXj0F8

Dethklok

UosmKd1krWU

Disturbed. Only a couple, since I could have put 30+ songs.

9za5xzGKxNo

gkhwK6Wlod8

sDLBJIwmZMM

cOWSNHwph7k

g_U-iCWWNJA

Arkulari
12-16-2009, 06:04 AM
the already classic Amon Amarth

eABVwEgzIss

igor and max cavalera :worship:

rIj3kpPYh1M

Primal Fear (http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/3733/img5846r.jpg)

IW4G9U7IBLQ

and its basist's associate act SINNER (http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/407/img5787v.jpg)

Rj-SDITSr1M

kai.
12-16-2009, 06:05 AM
8WL5IRrhl20

Clay Death
12-16-2009, 06:05 AM
Alice in Chains

zTuD8k3JvxQ

Black Sabbath

9LjbMVXj0F8

Dethklok

UosmKd1krWU

Disturbed. Only a couple, since I could have put 30+ songs.

9za5xzGKxNo

gkhwK6Wlod8

sDLBJIwmZMM

cOWSNHwph7k

g_U-iCWWNJA

now this is heavy metal of the highest order. well done.

Action Jackson
12-16-2009, 06:12 AM
Alice in Chains aren't a metal band.

Candlemass aren't the same since the singer Messiah left.

qCBGZFYm1U8

Johnny Groove
12-16-2009, 06:13 AM
Megadeth

6KDO_yCYcuU

A few Metallica songs

sXPkmIwwobA

_z-hEyVQDRA

uY3LAFJbKyY

Wdqo9aO0fyo

More Ozzy

3MLp7YNTznE

5J2hgi-XbT0

Slayer

vyBIkEeogq4

Rock on, MTF :rocker: :rocker2: :rocker:

kai.
12-16-2009, 06:15 AM
Metallica :drool:

GhostUnholy
12-16-2009, 06:15 AM
the already classic Amon Amarth

eABVwEgzIss

igor and max cavalera :worship:

rIj3kpPYh1M

Primal Fear (http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/3733/img5846r.jpg)

IW4G9U7IBLQ

and its basist's associate act SINNER (http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/407/img5787v.jpg)

Rj-SDITSr1M

Great picks Nat, I actually hadn't heard Sinner before, I enjoyed it a lot!

now this is heavy metal of the highest order. well done.

Well, not to start elitist genre arguments on a tennis forum, but Dethklok are a joke band spawned from a TV show and Disturbed are great but are not really metal, especially by today's standards. Alice in Chains are also great but grunge =/= metal.

GhostUnholy
12-16-2009, 06:18 AM
Slayer

vyBIkEeogq4

RAINING BLOOOOOOOD! FROM A LACERATED SKY

Total classic :worship:

Have you given Endgame a listen yet? Total return to form Megadeth IMO, finally they have an album that can live up to Rust in Peace

k1eetBgnA0c

Johnny Groove
12-16-2009, 06:18 AM
Alice in Chains aren't a metal band.

Alternative metal, according to Wikipedia.

I see Alice in Chains as a transitional band between the era of metal and the era of grunge.

They are the Hewitt, if you will.

Action Jackson
12-16-2009, 06:19 AM
Suicidal Tendencies

4cXD3urkyBE

Arkulari
12-16-2009, 06:19 AM
Metallica was decent in the Burton's time, nowadays they are just a joke...

and there's one group that should never ever be out of any metal compilation/thread/discussion...

PqLAdbtfJbs

CwxN9NkaJUA

the show I've seen the most in my life, can't ever get tired to see Dickinson, Harris & Co live :yeah:

Rohan: SINNER is awesome live :D

another great band, In Flames (http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/2985/in2bflames4.jpg):

jQim6qMvh5I

Action Jackson
12-16-2009, 06:21 AM

I see Alice in Chains as a transitional band between the era of metal and the era of grunge.

I see them more of a grunge band. I might troll one of my friends with this and then tell him Nu-metal rules. He will get all fired up.

Hewitt analogy isn't a bad one.

GhostUnholy
12-16-2009, 06:23 AM

Whatever's on wikipedia doesn't matter, metal subgenres are decided by the metal community. They are on metal archives anyways, but there's barely any metal to their sound. They are primarily a grunge band. They definitely don't transition into anything like the modern era of metal, they have influences from the classics though like Sabbath.

Johnny Groove
12-16-2009, 06:25 AM
Last one tonight. I was going to post some Korn, but I am afraid of the genre Nazis.

54_6cCRD5Hk

Action Jackson
When Metallica weren't shit.

C4nCy5CITc8

GhostUnholy
Metallica was decent in the Burton's time, nowadays they are just a joke...

Death Magnetic was a travesty of an album, and then I had people trying to tell me it was a return to their 80s form. :spit:

:worship: Maiden

How about some Avante Garde guys?

Unexpect - Feasting Fools
gRApOOetSco

Arkulari
12-16-2009, 06:30 AM
Alice in Chains are a harder brand of grunge, but cannot really be classified as alternative metal

Action Jackson
12-16-2009, 06:32 AM
vj4vQCA0fo4

_Sb46VD5CmA

3cz4vNFsny8

GhostUnholy
12-16-2009, 06:38 AM
Alice in Chains are a harder brand of grunge, but cannot really be classified as alternative metal

Yup, and its not like alternative metal is a valid subgenre anyways, one of those made up things like NWOAHM a few years ago for all the metalcore bands, or grouping a whole bunch of disparate bands as "nu metal"

Speaking of metalcore, Henry Chinaski reminded me of Every Time I Die
bB9e8hoO-Ic

Fun stuff.

Arkulari
12-16-2009, 06:40 AM
and for the Death Magnetic album, oh boy, I thought St Anger was bad, but that one? pure and utter crap, of the worst kind you can imagine :retard:

there are SOME good things in nu-metal, but you have to look very very very carefully, most of it is pretty crappy, or at least it seems to me since I'm more of a metal purist :p

EQ96oEwYrE8

mIC7KQPDuDc

Iron Maiden, Judas Priest and Black Sabbath are like the founding fathers of heavy metal :worship:

Rob Halford and Bruce Dickinson are probably the two best frontmen I've ever seen :drool:

oh AJ just brought the best facial hair in metal, Lemmy himself :rocker:

GhostUnholy
12-16-2009, 06:43 AM
Yup. I'm not a huge fan of the classics though, I feel like metal has eclipsed those bands and become a much more interesting genre.

How about some Ukrainian black metal? From a very creative album, "Blood in Our Wells"
2OyZntijR9Y

Arkulari
12-16-2009, 06:47 AM
anyone into power metal?

sQghSEl0hHQ

-0rq1PhbYMs

c9GxUZqyXwE

there are a lot of crap in this subgenre, but the ones who are good, are awesome :p

GhostUnholy
12-16-2009, 06:53 AM
Some power metal is epic enough to enjoy all the cheese and tight pants :p

W-AYBFanHmo

Action Jackson
12-16-2009, 07:22 AM
It's important to know where it came from and where it has progressed from its beginnings.

Ilovetheblues_86
12-16-2009, 07:25 AM
anyone into power metal?

there are a lot of crap in this subgenre, but the ones who are good, are awesome :p

I like the Finnish-duo Nightwish-Sonata they were the first bands I got into after Iron Maiden, when I was 14-15 y.o., my best two friends that time were metal gyes, I miss them a lot. :/

GhostUnholy
12-16-2009, 07:26 AM
@AJ: For sure but for me, I've been listening to metal now for 7 years, at a really high volume, I was really into the classics when I was first introduced to the genre, and for sure they put out some amazing music, but I'm personally more of a fan of the subgenres that have grown from that stuff. I'm a fan of quite progressive, experimental stuff, unfortunately there are not too many bands that deliver that kind of thing at a really high level. I also enjoy listening to the more standard fare whether for the technicality or the fun factor but my love is for artistry and experimentation.

Action Jackson
12-16-2009, 07:38 AM
This stuff is not to everyones taste, but fuck them I like it and that's good enough for me. They are able to mix some different elements and make it work. The first two are in Sami, the language of the indigenous people in Norway, Finland, Sweden and Russia.

IfXTEtxppg8

k9dX73FoyIU

xCuXJ8d7VP8

yGywo81G6lk

GhostUnholy
12-16-2009, 07:47 AM
Korpiklaani are great, I love the folky stuff. Ulver's folk album, Kveldessanger is one of my favorites

How do you feel about Sigh?

SqoBEE_nGhI

One of the better metal bands out of Japan I think, if a bit weird. Very creative, and they have a new album coming out soon I think.

Action Jackson
12-16-2009, 07:51 AM
Japan has a lot of out there bands and this is a good thing.

Korpiklaani are more humour for me, but when he was doing the stuff in Sami to me I actually prefer that.

Arkulari
12-16-2009, 07:53 AM
before I go, some metal from my region...

gTe1d1gzs5k

sjVSMPk3Ihs

4ANIWOpORLI

see you in a few days :wavey:

GhostUnholy
12-16-2009, 07:54 AM
Japan has a lot of out there bands and this is a good thing.

Korpiklaani are more humour for me, but when he was doing the stuff in Sami to me I actually prefer that.

Something in the style of most Japanese bands has prevented me from liking them. X Japan's :o instrumentals are great enough that I can ignore the dudes joke of a voice though.

Korpiklaani are definitely comic, I listen to them for when the folk elements though, I love those. I just can't get enough of this kind of thing oddly enough :lol:
1-KjvjiJcEg

GhostUnholy
12-16-2009, 07:55 AM
before I go, some metal from my region...

see you in a few days :wavey:

Nice, I haven't heard these guys!

Have a good trip :)

Action Jackson
12-16-2009, 08:01 AM
Korpiklaani and Finntroll are among the best when it comes to folk elements. Finntroll have a harder edge, though I remember seeing this doco on Black Metal and they were quite funny. I mean what is more trollish than singing in Swedish and living in Finland. The finlandsvenskar (Finnish-Swedes), the ones that have Swedish as a first language aren't always appreciated in Finland.

6XtYvEz_zoI

Snoo Foo
12-16-2009, 08:42 AM
is this metal? :scratch: do i give a fuck? :armed: what i do know is however loud you are hearing this it is

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc179/SnooFoo828/emoticon/emot-rock.gif not http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc179/SnooFoo828/emoticon/emot-rock.gif loud http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc179/SnooFoo828/emoticon/emot-rock.gif enough http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc179/SnooFoo828/emoticon/emot-rock.gif

wB-H7uxYGYc

fm4X9yElG9Y

GhostUnholy
12-16-2009, 03:37 PM
Ministry are industrial, probably sharing more in common with bands like KMFDM, but metal enough I think. :)

zerocool_
12-16-2009, 04:43 PM
Some of my favorit bands :) Finally thread for me :worship:

Y0LuFaPtmt8

CZ_VFJn2kJM

oN4zTDFvJuQ

UJvaX0yYRYQ

UpBY9Odeiu8

RrbQdlqvjEE

Johnny Groove
12-16-2009, 04:44 PM
RAINING BLOOOOOOOD! FROM A LACERATED SKY

Total classic :worship:

Have you given Endgame a listen yet? Total return to form Megadeth IMO, finally they have an album that can live up to Rust in Peace

No, I haven't, but I realllllly need to. One of my ex's has the album and she's praising it to the moon :lol:

Ministry are industrial, probably sharing more in common with bands like KMFDM, but metal enough I think. :)

Well, AJ's thread title says "heavy metal", but under that guise, we wouldn't be able to post anything post-1988 :lol:

It's interesting to see how this genre has spun out from Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, and Deep Purple to Iron Maiden and the 80's hair bands, to the genre splicing in the 90's to what we have today.

GhostUnholy
12-16-2009, 05:19 PM
Definitely give it a listen, there is no standout here like Holy Wars or Tornado of Souls but it's a very solid album start to finish, and Chris Broderick brings some great lead playing to the table.

Very few people use the term heavy metal to refer to those old bands anymore though anyhow, the term applies to the throwback bands these days but also to the genre as a whole. It's definitely interesting how the genre become much more extreme and much more expansive, with the rise of thrash and the first roots of death and black metal in the 80s, the explosion of melodeath in the 90s, the rise of all the hardcore influenced bands and the explosion of progressive and avante garde stuff in the 00s.

GhostUnholy
12-16-2009, 05:27 PM
Some of my favorit bands :) Finally thread for me :worship:

Yeah I was stoked that AJ made this thread too
Nice picks :cool:

zerocool_
12-16-2009, 06:52 PM
1rqydZv77lU

Most of ppl know him just as Maiden singer, but his solo albums are fucking awesome :)

Pfloyd
12-16-2009, 06:57 PM
9eljjOJwlDY

Pfloyd
12-16-2009, 06:58 PM
TAqZb52sgpU

zerocool_
12-16-2009, 07:05 PM
ZZ_fyLf82kI

What voice Hansi has, its unbelievable, and even better live.

Henry Chinaski
12-16-2009, 07:08 PM
Gojira are cool. Seeing them in France at Hellfest was one of highlights of my summer.

I guess some people will object to calling AIC a metal band but it's fine for me. They're a heavy guitar band heavily influenced by bands unquestioningly in the metal category and have heavily influenced bands that are undoubtedly metal. Also some of their songs are pure sludge which is blatantly a branch of metal.

I see grunge as more of a movement than a musical style as such. Nirvana were more influenced by punk and indie, AIC have the blues and metal influence while Soundgarden basically grew into their own sound from being a Zeppelin/Sabbath hybrid.

I don't really care for arguing over what constitutes what. If it's heavy and it has guitars it's fine to call it metal in my book.

GhostUnholy
12-16-2009, 08:15 PM
But that means any hard rock band could be seen as a metal band. Like AIC obviously belong better alongside Soundgarden and Pearl Jam than alongside Opeth or Gorguts or Dark angel or Drudkh or Mayhem, etc etc. I think it becomes a bit unclear because "AIC" has many similarities to the "nu metal" bands (since they were heavily rooted in grunge) that followed, but like 99% of metalheads don't accept any of the "nu metal" bands as metal.

I guess people who are more old schoolers may accept AIC as a metal band, those who are part of the modern metal movement probably wouldn't.

Henry Chinaski
12-16-2009, 09:00 PM
I get your point man but I think the difference is that a lot of metal fans identify "metal" as being an inherently positive term whereas for me it's merely neutral and descriptive. There's a lot of shit metal out there. Whereas I'd consider the vast majority of music that got labelled nu-metal as absolute horseshit I'd still describe it as metal.

I see how my earlier definition could be too broad for some but I don't think it makes sense to say that because one band doesn't sit along something that's definitely metal that it means they're not metal. I mean grindcore bands like Pig Destroyer and Nasum don't exactly sound a lot like Sabbath. Same for a lot of death/black metal but no one's going to say Sabbath aren't metal.

AIC have that undefinable sludgey heaviness that marks them as a metal band for me. Jerry Cantrell says they're a metal band anyway.

basically, my definition is broad and lazy cos I don't really care how people use labels. If a bunch of metal heads tell me that ETID and Converge are lame hardcore shit I'm not gonna lose any sleep.

GhostUnholy
12-16-2009, 10:01 PM
I get your point man but I think the difference is that a lot of metal fans identify "metal" as being an inherently positive term whereas for me it's merely neutral and descriptive. There's a lot of shit metal out there. Whereas I'd consider the vast majority of music that got labelled nu-metal as absolute horseshit I'd still describe it as metal.

I see how my earlier definition could be too broad for some but I don't think it makes sense to say that because one band doesn't sit along something that's definitely metal that it means they're not metal. I mean grindcore bands like Pig Destroyer and Nasum don't exactly sound a lot like Sabbath. Same for a lot of death/black metal but no one's going to say Sabbath aren't metal.

AIC have that undefinable sludgey heaviness that marks them as a metal band for me. Jerry Cantrell says they're a metal band anyway.

basically, my definition is broad and lazy cos I don't really care how people use labels. If a bunch of metal heads tell me that ETID and Converge are lame hardcore shit I'm not gonna lose any sleep.

Its not really an issue of the quality of the bands, its just that they don't fit in the genre. Like the nu metal bands, what about korn, or the deftones, or linkin park, or mudvayne, or crazytown was metal? There was distortion sure, but thats about as far as it goes. Bands like Slipknot have some metal influences but the whole detuned distorted riff thing is also an element of grunge, and most of these bands riff structures come more from grunge than from old school metal. Then you get the rock, hip hop and electronic influences that many of those bands brought in, and the metal influence i really on the backburner. I mean, the only thing metal that any of those bands had was the odd metal riff and the odd burst of double kick. AIC on the other hand for sure has a lot of sludgy parts and similarities can definitely be drawn to the old classic metal bands. For me, if AIC are a metal band, then where do you draw the line for hard rock? Their style of riffing is very much in line with the hard rock of the last 2 decades, Stanley's vocals were definitely grunge, the drum lines are thoroughly based in rock patterns, so the only metal element really is the sludgy feel. Another thing, members of bands say a lot of things. Trivium said that The Crusade would be "ridiculously technical thrash metal", while it was basically neither. Anyhow, AIC are on metal archives which means enough people see them as metal that it makes no difference.

ETID and Converge are definitely metalcore but to me at least are two of the highlights of that genre.

Wow that was kind of a waste of time writing all that out :o

Shirogane
12-16-2009, 10:32 PM
1Ig7OBKyn4g

Henry Chinaski
12-17-2009, 01:00 AM
Its not really an issue of the quality of the bands, its just that they don't fit in the genre. Like the nu metal bands, what about korn, or the deftones, or linkin park, or mudvayne, or crazytown was metal? There was distortion sure, but thats about as far as it goes. Bands like Slipknot have some metal influences but the whole detuned distorted riff thing is also an element of grunge, and most of these bands riff structures come more from grunge than from old school metal. Then you get the rock, hip hop and electronic influences that many of those bands brought in, and the metal influence i really on the backburner. I mean, the only thing metal that any of those bands had was the odd metal riff and the odd burst of double kick. AIC on the other hand for sure has a lot of sludgy parts and similarities can definitely be drawn to the old classic metal bands. For me, if AIC are a metal band, then where do you draw the line for hard rock? Their style of riffing is very much in line with the hard rock of the last 2 decades, Stanley's vocals were definitely grunge, the drum lines are thoroughly based in rock patterns, so the only metal element really is the sludgy feel. Another thing, members of bands say a lot of things. Trivium said that The Crusade would be "ridiculously technical thrash metal", while it was basically neither. Anyhow, AIC are on metal archives which means enough people see them as metal that it makes no difference.

ETID and Converge are definitely metalcore but to me at least are two of the highlights of that genre.

hehe, I respect your opinion dude but I just don't care enough to discuss it any further so we'll leave it at that.

I'll have better contributions in the future and can post now because we're at the start of a 3rd page but like I said, all the youtube embeds fuck up my shitty lap top.

Anyway, here's a few faves:

Dio - Holy Diver:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Sj7UBgVVew8&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Sj7UBgVVew8&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Skinless - A Unilateral Disgust

My favourite death metal band. Not the biggest fan of death in general but these guys have some slow grooves and a sense of humour (no idea why this vid is 8 minutes, the song is 4 minutes long):

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ddz72ybum6s&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ddz72ybum6s&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Duck Duck Goose - Boy Oh Boy, I Ain't No Wiz Kid

My favourite of the new wave of crazy metalcore bands. Reminiscent of very aarly ETID, Converge and other heavyweights of the genre. Really intense. The guitar sound of the riff that kicks in around 1:34 is nuts:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Kpg9eT_yaeM&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Kpg9eT_yaeM&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Action Jackson
12-17-2009, 01:04 AM
h5zNK--DUDg

zerocool_
12-17-2009, 12:07 PM
Probably best band from/in EX-YU, they play hard rock/heavy metal and their lyrics are unbelievable, to bad that most of you can't understand it :) This song was song of the decade in 1990, mostly because of lyrics..

fcbQ7fuKuSE

Juli_V
12-17-2009, 02:04 PM
I just love this song :D

UhjG47gtMCo

But it's kinda Progressive Metal :unsure: Weird video though.

Action Jackson
12-17-2009, 02:18 PM
cDNDULTYcGg

Shirogane
12-17-2009, 02:23 PM
1ddK-XR3DKQ

HyRnrqONgKU

GhostUnholy
12-18-2009, 02:41 AM
I think this thread needs some more thrash.

Testament - Over The Wall (re-recording without Alex Skolnick I think)
ufLs1J8TNYA

Deathchain - Deathrash Legions
goiyQJXTHBs

Morbid Saint - Lock Up Your Children
zlwibyk_WHs

Just some of my faves, I'll post more later

Marita_Matthäus
12-22-2009, 12:29 PM
Wow, great thread!! :D

Here's one song from my favourite band
H5vTGeJS6Tw

:wavey:

Shirogane
12-22-2009, 03:43 PM
Nice one, the "eye" reminds me of the beginning of a certain game... ;)

zqJYXoC1OQc

Shirogane
01-04-2010, 04:44 PM
Saxon - Princess of the Night

uB1H6AVBdCY

Lunaris
01-10-2010, 02:25 PM
more melodic melancholic stuff

PGlnhtH3ym0

7e3AKJJQbMc

q3FfvpczlT4

Lunaris
01-10-2010, 02:32 PM
And one of my all time favourites I feel like posting.

vmXxjhJOdoI

Henry Chinaski
01-10-2010, 02:58 PM
Been getting into these guys lately

Singer is Nate Newton, the bass player from Converge. He sounds exactly like Lou Koller from Sick of it All. They're not like Converge at all. Much slower with a southern, old school Thin Lizzy kind of vibe in places. LOVE the main riff in this song. Like the good old fashioned straight up hardcore "inspirational" lyrics too

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WL5BrOC55TQ&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WL5BrOC55TQ&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

-LOVETENNIS-
01-11-2010, 06:23 PM
Hi. How Do You Guys Put Theese Link In Like This, (video From Youtube)
Something To Do With The Url Adress ?
Would Hope Someone Could Help Me.. Please

Marita_Matthäus
01-11-2010, 07:45 PM
Hi. How Do You Guys Put Theese Link In Like This, (video From Youtube)
Something To Do With The Url Adress ?
Would Hope Someone Could Help Me.. Please

Just copy the last part of the url (after "="), and paste it in this code [ youtube][ /youtube] (without blanks) and it will work :)

-LOVETENNIS-
01-12-2010, 12:51 AM

Roddickominator
01-12-2010, 04:07 AM
I want to post a Limp Bizkit video as a joke....but I have decided against it so that no one will attempt to shoot either themselves or their computer screen.

Sunset of Age
01-12-2010, 04:14 AM
Nice thread. :rocker:

NQQdsKH3Qt8

Norwegian Black Metal RULEZZZ!!!! :rocker2:

Sunset of Age
01-12-2010, 04:32 AM
More Norwegian Black Metal:

sP-PxQiMMTU

DIMMU BORGIR!!!! :rocker2: :rocker2: :rocker2:
:p

Action Jackson
01-12-2010, 04:52 AM
Shit movie but class song.

vwNMq46W5RY

Arkulari
01-12-2010, 05:28 AM
sdfD8dgCk90

YWd98VkFPXM

ky1nY3jlq1M

Xd8wSj9DpBE

Sunset of Age
01-12-2010, 05:37 AM
Catamenia!!! :worship:

Sunset of Age
01-12-2010, 05:51 AM
49ZJqqrr6jk

:worship:. especially to Sarah Jezebel's fantasic vocals...

Arkulari
01-12-2010, 05:55 AM
get this record guys, it's yet another live maiden album but like all the others, it's AWESOME!!!

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/3170/frontback.jpg

Sunset of Age
01-12-2010, 06:08 AM
wicnUw_I_lI

Grip Inc. Rusty Nail :worship:
Waldemar Sorychta on the guitars (and the emaculate production job!), Dave Lombardo on the drums...

And poor, poor Gus... RIP!

Arkulari
01-12-2010, 06:17 AM
Grip Inc had some great albums, better than the latest Slayer stuff (World Painted Blood comes to mind *facepalm* ), too bad about Gus :sad:

Sunset of Age
01-12-2010, 06:19 AM
Of course, this classic:

hGc28ZMQEh8

Produced by Waldemar Sorychta - that guitar riff would sure-as-hell give one Mr. Tony Iommi a hard-on. :p

:worship:

Henry Chinaski
01-12-2010, 06:41 AM
Grip Inc had some great albums, better than the latest Slayer stuff (World Painted Blood comes to mind *facepalm* ), too bad about Gus :sad:

Only got WPB a couple of weeks ago. Just sounds like more of the same really but I haven't given it enough og a chance to really judge.

Christ Illusion was pretty weak. Find it amusing they won 2 grammys for it.

God Hates Us All is absolutely awesome though. One of the most underrented metal albums of all time. Though that's 9 years old now so doesn't exactly
count as their "latest stuff".

Props for the Obituary links.

Arkulari
01-12-2010, 06:48 AM
Only got WPB a couple of weeks ago. Just sounds like more of the same really but I haven't given it enough og a chance to really judge.

Christ Illusion was pretty weak. Find it amusing they won 2 grammys for it.

God Hates Us All is absolutely awesome though. One of the most underrented metal albums of all time. Though that's 9 years old now so doesn't exactly
count as their "latest stuff".

Props for the Obituary links.

GHUA is a great album, the last good one Slayer made :sad:

the ones that surprised me were Megadeth, their last album is something back to their 80's thrash roots, it might be because Chris Broderick suits Mustaine much better than Al Pitrelli, I haven't heard so many solos in a Megadeth album since “Rust in Peace” :yeah:

BohJHfPlHnY

:rocker: :rocker:

Henry Chinaski
01-12-2010, 07:33 AM
Never liked Megadeth tbh. The people that kind of influenced my tatstes when I was an impressionable kid didn't listen to them so they just knda passed me by.The fact that Mustaine is possibly the biggest **** on the planet doesn't help.

In fact apart from Slayer early Metallica and Sepultura I'm not much into thrash at all. Testament, Exodus and Annihilator all have their moments but I wouldn't really consider myself much of a fan of any of them.

Sunset of Age
01-12-2010, 07:34 AM
Slayer

vyBIkEeogq4

An ultimate CLASSIC. I well remember when that CD (LP?) was released, it was banned on Dutch radio because of so-called suggested Nazi-sympathies, because of "Angel of Death". Pardon me, there? That song merely describes Dr. Mengele's actions (:help:), it doesn't give any a judgement.
Well I guess that that was what bothered those censors most of all.
Learn to *read* them bloddy READ songtexts, I'd say. Huh. :scratch:

I just love this song :D
But it's kinda Progressive Metal :unsure: Weird video though.

Nothing wrong with Metal being a mite 'progressive', I hope? :)

Wow, great thread!! :D

Here's one song from my favourite band
H5vTGeJS6Tw

:wavey:

:worship: :worship: :worship:
Fantastic band, I fully agree. Some 2364012375619256+-albums released, alway there at any a European Metal festival imaginable - and still going strong. Love those fellows!

In all, I was a mite surprised not to see the Ultimate-EVER Metal-vid appear over here (even if it's from the Stone Age):

98I85ceICRM

"Let There Be ROCK!!!" - A genuine PRAYER for Metal, indeed! :worship:

Henry Chinaski
01-12-2010, 07:56 AM
Angel of Death is about Mengele, nor Raining Blood but apart from that I agree. That song evokes the brutality of Mengele and the holocaust as much as any poem/documentary. Nazi sympathisers generally play things like that down rather than describe them in detail. Slayer obviously like the controversy though. They do indulge in a lot of nazi imagery in their art work and stuff.

Sunset of Age
01-12-2010, 08:08 AM
Angel of Death is about Mengele, nor Raining Blood but apart from that I agree. That song evokes the brutality of Mengele and the holocaust as much as any poem/documentary. Nazi sympathisers generally play things like that down rather than describe them in detail. Slayer obviously like the controversy though. They do indulge in a lot of nazi imagery in their art work and stuff.

Yep. Apparently judging from what I've read, Kerry King is indeed a collectioner of Nazi-paraphernalia, but that doesn't mean he actually condones that sort of nastiness.
Can't say I like it much, but let him be... :o

Marita_Matthäus
01-12-2010, 09:53 AM
More Norwegian Black Metal:

sP-PxQiMMTU

DIMMU BORGIR!!!! :rocker2: :rocker2: :rocker2:

Norwegian Black Metal :rocker2:

Another Dimmu Borgir song
xfr_msSkxpg

Dragonstorms by Covenant (The Kovenant) from their first album "In Times Before The Light". Fantastic song! :rocker2:
EYsWzQcyOg4

Lunaris
01-12-2010, 01:05 PM
Norwegian black metal.

V7u6lTWQLFs

-n9FEznaMfw

OAjrdyt6d-Q

7AjHp_-OAHk

73S4JWkBVsU

cfILIa-YNzM

bJwFsao-GQI

2Hz8zcanRmo

Tnc8uKJt-vs

Action Jackson
01-12-2010, 01:20 PM
Varg Virkenes is a fucking cockroach.

Lunaris
01-12-2010, 03:43 PM
Varg Virkenes is a fucking cockroach.I don't really care, he made several absolutely brilliant albums and that's all what matters to me.

TennisOnWood
01-12-2010, 10:00 PM
ykWFZNAlxH8

TennisOnWood
01-13-2010, 02:42 AM
Serbian Power

Im2MaLlVuzw

l6fTdv9d8uM

X2cjR6i8y3Q

yDNU7_XWuEs

Arkulari
01-13-2010, 05:12 AM
Varg Virkenes is a fucking cockroach.

http://www.burzum.org/img/gallery06/big/photo02.jpg

yep, I can't understand why someone wants to live with that psycho, let alone reproduce with him :help:

some of his pearls of wisdom:

http://www.burzum.org/eng/library/a_burzum_story03.shtml

back on topic...

yf7R7tIUApI

and a classic:

tIINN7ZnovE

TennisOnWood
01-13-2010, 03:14 PM
MphCILYIjfQ

Lk7-FvZm6gI

p3zTnlPoIsw

zRwG_Noz6Ww

shmeeko69
01-13-2010, 04:32 PM
Wire Train - I will not fall (Taken from the best movie soundtrack of all time Point Break).

Wire Train (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgsBwzXeLcw)

Sunset of Age
01-15-2010, 02:23 AM
I love this one:

sP-PxQiMMTU

and, even more:

Uju4sELrBmo

Dummy Burger. :worship: :worship: :worship:

Sunset of Age
01-15-2010, 02:31 AM
Covenant, a very underrated band, consisting of - among others - Dimmu's Nagash, fantastic singer Mrs. Lady Sara Jezebel Deva, and bunch of Arcturus-members.

djhXgvRfKAg

Nexus Polaris!!! :yeah:

Ah a bit of a live performance from their best:

CNVZm93kfN0

Where have you gone by now, my dear folks?
Sara Jezebel Deva, aka "The Fat Lady" - 3:38 in this vid. :worship:

Arkulari
01-15-2010, 02:50 AM
without Sarah, Cradle of Filth wouldn't be half of what it is, I love her voice along with Anneke's

XY-KHPpP1rs

Angtoria :worship:

Sunset of Age
01-15-2010, 02:51 AM
without Sarah, Cradle of Filth wouldn't be half of what it is, I love her voice along with Anneke's :worship:

WOW man, so true!!!
You do know they actually sung together on on of the latest Gathering releases? :D

Arkulari
01-15-2010, 02:59 AM
yeah, in Black Light District, right? :D

opeth84
01-16-2010, 10:46 AM
Top thread! Im surprised to see the grandfather of Death Metal hasn't made an appearance here yet so heres my contribution :)

Death - Pull The Plug

ebHbWW_oiA8

Death - The Philosopher

QGvDSuycarg

Death - Trapped In A Corner

ndWPr1tYhr0

Death - Empty Words

474qf-frcG8

Black Friday
01-23-2010, 10:25 PM
MPvRBiQY6lo

Marita_Matthäus
02-13-2010, 02:10 PM
NeiX6bf2OPI

:worship:KAI HANSEN:worship:

Nekromanta
11-08-2010, 09:16 AM
Aaaaah!!! This is The Thread:cool:
I see Thrash, Death and Black Metal songs were also posted here :D

Here's a Good song from Sadus, good Old School Thrash:

SVQU7MkGpPY

GhostUnholy
11-09-2010, 07:23 PM
Nice bump.

New Ulcerate album in Jan 2011, these guys are doing something special, every metal fan should check them out:
hmknU9HLFoI

GhostUnholy
11-09-2010, 07:27 PM
I don't really care, he made several absolutely brilliant albums and that's all what matters to me.

This. Varg is a complete psycho, but was also a musical visionary. Hvis Lyset Tar Oss is one of the greatest black metal albums ever recorded.

Similarly Jon Nodveidt of Dissection was completely fucked up, but that doesn't change the fact that Storm of the Light's Bane was awesome:
8c3L0bqUnao

Nekromanta
11-10-2010, 04:32 AM
This. Varg is a complete psycho, but was also a musical visionary.

Many good musicians are fucked up but who cares, Look at Fed's Mate. He's a total looney but a good entertainer lol

This is my fav song from Varg's new album:

7Skd3YTLRC8

Primus
11-11-2010, 05:50 PM
This. Varg is a complete psycho, but was also a musical visionary. Hvis Lyset Tar Oss is one of the greatest black metal albums ever recorded.

Similarly Jon Nodveidt of Dissection was completely fucked up, but that doesn't change the fact that Storm of the Light's Bane was awesome:
8c3L0bqUnao

The best black metal album of all time

Nekromanta
11-12-2010, 09:38 AM
TJESsZE8su8

Chair Umpire
11-14-2010, 05:28 PM
Many good musicians are fucked up but who cares, Look at Fed's Mate. He's a total looney but a good entertainer lol

This is my fav song from Varg's new album:

7Skd3YTLRC8

:lol:

GhostUnholy
11-14-2010, 05:32 PM
anyone heard the new Atheist record yet?

Nekromanta
11-15-2010, 05:01 AM
xoQIWJ0BopE

Nekromanta
01-20-2011, 11:26 AM
d3qQE1rTMbI

Li Ching Yuen
02-03-2011, 08:23 PM
TZuo3ryNFPk

aJnQjVpaX9M

Renaud
05-25-2012, 01:10 AM
Uce_A--E3sE

Best thing Hungary has brought us since Attila Savolt

Renaud
05-25-2012, 01:50 AM
M-P6UK2Ujq8
JOTAKE IRABATZI ARTE !!!!!!

pLJvGdBiKcg

Nekromanta
08-07-2012, 06:01 PM
I know they're the "disgrace" of the metal community, but I love the Italian Drama, Melodies, vibrato, all that stuff...

D23m4kka0Vg

Nekromanta
08-07-2012, 06:30 PM
nJhay0-4LwM

zerocool_
08-10-2012, 06:29 AM
Let gets this alive. :)

J51LPlP-s9o
In my opinion best metal lyrics ever. :)

Now some of bends i heard in last couple of months.

4tzWc3Xl4B0

yTXsfX3RiCY
4th time to hear BG and can't get enough of them, simple perfect. :)

TsoLb-E7oy8

GjZxiHWPrZ4

x0UuotIAQkA

ztz8nUbPtsE

Nekromanta
08-10-2012, 08:38 AM
Those are all great...:rocker2:

Now check this out... Especially the second, slow half of the song... With the mahogany old school guitar solo...

K7GqS--2U5s

zerocool_
08-10-2012, 01:13 PM
Yeah heard of them but didn't listen much, this remind me alot of Iron Maiden, anyways not bad. :)

CNdOsL4Xe7Q

One of rare bands i didn't hear live (tho i heard from alot ppl they sux live now but still), but they are simple not comming nowhere near Bosnia. :(

superslam77
08-10-2012, 01:40 PM
i always imagined Action Jackson was a metalhead :lol:

anyways my favorite band blue oyster cult(GOAT), they are one of the "fathers" of metal(i don't really like modern and noisy metal). their music is much more relaxed,intellectual and classic. well some tunes i like from them:

pTvbXMRMnHo

ClQcUyhoxTg

Arc_I54oYrg

3t1NuAQj0vY

gts2yGraydk

DUNrHzQ6u94

0vVU7MyK9fQ

BcJrHTtHjmc

superslam77
08-10-2012, 01:50 PM
k6rDWqjnW7w

JcPt7NnhwvA

0xOXzc1kVvI

n9AeCuqPcBo

xtjMpLXpAK4

yPUzxMnmhkQ

0yxS4fruYVg

i have shown you the light

Action Jackson
08-10-2012, 01:50 PM
i always imagined Action Jackson was a metalhead :lol:

What made you think that?

superslam77
08-10-2012, 03:13 PM
What made you think that?

i always imagined a MTF video game where you would use CD a character.

and you are one of the enemies banging your head with long hair to defend the MTF servers :p

Sunset of Age
08-18-2012, 12:12 AM
My BF HATES this, I love it:

NQQdsKH3Qt8

:rocker2: :p

Sunset of Age
08-25-2012, 02:24 AM
The BEST EVER METAL SINGER!!!

Ronald James Padavona - July 10, 1942 - May 16, 2010, RIP :sad:

MToL2EPZpjA

_G6NtIVZhRE

RIP, Holy Diver!!!
WHAT A VOICE... WHAT A PASSION!!! :worship:

You'll never be forgotten, Ronnie! :hug:

Topspindoctor
08-25-2012, 02:30 AM
Backstreet Boys are heavy metal, right?

Sunset of Age
08-25-2012, 02:52 AM
rVXy1OhaERY

Heavy Metal/Hard rock/whatever you may call it - NEVER ever got better than this.
Immaculate. :worship:

Ronnie Dio with Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow.
Heavens Almighty I Bow Down.

Sunset of Age
08-25-2012, 03:02 AM
Backstreet Boys are heavy metal, right?

:confused:

Oh wait, Topspinny. :p

Well this one's for you, then:

pTjHTCz1HTI

Action Jackson
08-25-2012, 03:03 AM
F_6IjeprfEs

Sunset of Age
08-25-2012, 03:09 AM
Another one dedicated to you, TopspinPussy!

sOOebk_dKFo

:rocker2: :ras: :p

:hearts:

Sunset of Age
08-25-2012, 03:14 AM
Worst Black Metal Vid EVER.
The 'song' isn't much better either. :help: :haha: :rolls:

-VBdAY8eA9w

Dedicated to TopSpinny! :hatoff:

BTW, I am an Immortal fan.

Sunset of Age
08-25-2012, 03:22 AM
Seriously, now.... this is truly fantastic:

xOmwRO3EAC0

Emperor, aka Ihsahn's, "Curse You All Men!"

Topspindoctor
08-25-2012, 03:25 AM
I like this one

sQrUo5mzmGc

In Flames is probably my fav death metal band. My friends think me strange for my choice, but I always thought of it as an acquired taste.

Sunset of Age
08-25-2012, 03:41 AM
^^ Good one. I've never been much of a Death metal - of the Gothenburg kind -fan myself tbh - I prefer BLACK personally, but In Flames is quite bearable. :)

Okay, to end for tonight, a Dummy Burger tune which I still think is quite remarkable -

kjVlXMmGUbQ

I mean, "Mourning Place" is a too easy shot, isn't it? ;)

I was there, I enjoyed their show a LOT. :p
Astennu, the red-haired fellow. :hearts: Wonder what ever came to be of him after he left the band. I guess he became some kind of a manager somewhere... :sad:

Oh wait.
IBI9oJbUS60

Absolute Anthropoid
08-25-2012, 04:18 AM
I like this one

sQrUo5mzmGc

In Flames is probably my fav death metal band. My friends think me strange for my choice, but I always thought of it as an acquired taste.

In Flames are awesome. My favourite song by them:

3VDh_ZNcVi4

Sunset of Age
08-31-2012, 03:33 AM
I can't help myself.

mso2g8lBGAQ

Ronnie, I hope to meet you *Up There Or Somewhere* some day, again. :hearts:

Sunset of Age
08-31-2012, 03:44 AM
Oops another TOP classic, and three of these fantastic perfomers/musicians are already *pushing up the daisies* :sad:

RIP Ronnie Dio
RIP Cozy Powell
RIP John Lord

Damn... :worship: :worship: :worship: all of them.

H4Egmwz-Mnw

"We Believe, We Catch The Rainbow!"
Live recording from Munich, 1977. :worship:

abraxas21
08-31-2012, 04:20 AM
a metal thread :facepalm:

seriously, dont wanna be rude, but to this day i haven't found anything good in metal music. easily one of the most boring and annoying music genres ever invented.

Sunset of Age
08-31-2012, 04:24 AM

seriously, dont wanna be rude, but to this day i haven't found anything good in metal music. easily one of the most boring and annoying music genres ever invented.

Okay.
Might you just be a gansta rapper-fan, bud? :p

No prob, everone's has one's mistakes. :wavey:

Henry Chinaski
08-31-2012, 11:34 AM
sludge fans need a bit of Love Sex Machine in their lives.

some of the filthiest sludge I've ever heard. ridiculous song titles for added awesomeness.

MzqdcW195pg

CqlbN12lm-A

6tvqf0QKkG8

Time Violation
08-31-2012, 12:26 PM
Two Metallica songs in a slightly different way :)

hF9Gr5waAJg

dW9zw8_0JU0

Ballbasher
08-31-2012, 05:37 PM

What did yuo listen to?? There are a lot of sub-genres and I agree there are some really boring bands. But Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Deep Purple, Megadeth, etc. aren't annoying by any means.

zerocool_
09-09-2012, 04:45 PM
The BEST EVER METAL SINGER!!!

Ronald James Padavona - July 10, 1942 - May 16, 2010, RIP :sad:

MToL2EPZpjA

_G6NtIVZhRE

RIP, Holy Diver!!!
WHAT A VOICE... WHAT A PASSION!!! :worship:

You'll never be forgotten, Ronnie! :hug:

Yeah i agree, my favorite is Dickinson but i have to agree that DIO is best metal singer, ever. :)

We4hoe0eM6k

I like old In Flames, new albums sux tbh. :/

O32Ud0s-0aQ

Steelq
09-10-2012, 04:07 PM
Not heavy,but still metal.

xgP_2zf0NV8

Tja6_h4lT6A

tommyg6
09-28-2012, 01:30 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVRDqUd88b4&list=PLRXOdSSY3he4Px1xtoV3F5E2Vr5Wsv_Is&feature=plcp

Im liking this band from Montreal myself.

Kat_YYZ
10-09-2012, 06:59 PM
Don't know where else to post this... can't stop laughing :haha:

El8ew2v2zrw
http://youtu.be/El8ew2v2zrw

This site also has gifs made from the video. The poor cat :lol:
Metal singer drunkenly records music video with his cat
http://www.aux.tv/2012/10/metal-band-finds-and-uploads-music-video-its-singer-drunkenly-recorded-with-his-cat/

Droog
10-10-2012, 01:13 PM
Brilliant thread! A few for starters ;)

WE_tMWD1QFo

RF752IDDqNE

zvl8OU3CTpA

Action Jackson
10-10-2012, 01:40 PM
x67jtMPfdTw

Nekromanta
11-19-2012, 07:04 PM
T50uRnIOu7c

Nekromanta
11-20-2012, 07:05 AM
Rob Halford the King:bigclap:

KHuk_q-pAis

Nekromanta
11-20-2012, 08:33 AM
lJeNO5y__CA So according to AJ Varg Vikernes is a cockroach.... Or is he another Filo V mishandled by cruel and bitter adults??? Is that the way to educate young and injured people... Tear some new wounds on them.....

Nekromanta
11-20-2012, 11:01 AM
JHm4x0FttjA

Tears from Ensiferum is so cute... Makes me wanna chase little bunnies on a green field...

VUMM_XpJkDg

Litotes
11-20-2012, 11:18 AM
So according to AJ Varg Vikernes is a cockroach.... Or is he another Filo V mishandled by cruel and bitter adults??? Is that the way to educate young and injured people... Tear some new wounds on them.....

Varg Vikernes is a murderer, pyromaniac, racist and neonazi. Also convicted for illegal weapons possession. I wouldn't offend cockroaches by comparing him to them.

Action Jackson
11-20-2012, 11:21 AM
Varg Vikernes is a murderer, pyromaniac, racist and neonazi. Also convicted for illegal weapons possession. I wouldn't offend cockroaches by comparing him to them.

Don't bother trying to state the obvious to that individual.

Nekromanta
11-20-2012, 11:29 AM
Now tell me AJ this music is lying...
liZ5NFlc9Nc

Litotes
11-20-2012, 11:44 AM
This is one of my favourites:
gijwsuHIU8k

Peter Steele had an amazing voice.

Nekromanta
11-20-2012, 11:57 AM
That's the spirit... Type O Negative rules.... now check this out Sear Bliss With Attila from Mayhem....

phcjPxR_b0E

Action Jackson
11-20-2012, 12:15 PM
Good old Anthrax

IGZsOE9tG6M

Austria's finest

ZTisv4NfnA8

Entombed

E83O5v1Juk8

Nekromanta
11-20-2012, 12:51 PM
Whaha, the real AJ we know and like is back.... Posting 80s thrash metal....Now can you take this? 80s Glam metal, Can't help it, especially since I'm in love With Dia...
Mj-8CUTt_Ew

Nekromanta
11-20-2012, 07:02 PM
Good old slayer

dfLxpTmZz-M

J99
11-21-2012, 06:12 PM
Austria's finest

If that's their finest, it's not very good, I was just looking at metal bands from there and they don't really have any dazzling ones IMO, wonder why that is.

Action Jackson
11-22-2012, 01:05 PM
Indian metal

DSaSw3dH5Y8

BauerAlmeida
11-22-2012, 01:24 PM
f1rUSuYGWa0

Listening to Blayze's era songs with Bruce's voice is priceless:worship:

This song is amazing.

J99
11-22-2012, 02:52 PM
t_9sVbrqE0o
A favorite, now this is real metal.

J99
04-04-2013, 08:28 AM
No more metal for awhile, how about people put their favorite metal albums at least from 2012?

If you got something recently and really enjoy it, why not review it.

Mr. Oracle
04-05-2013, 02:09 AM
I wonder if people who never experienced 80s hard rock/metal or are unfamiliar with the rock giants of the 70s (zeppelin, floyd) realize just how bad the current offerings are. If John Milton were a headbanger and alive today, he would be mourning a paradise lost. As a guitarist, the death of the expertly done and obligatory guitar solo is a source of constant sadness for me. Nostalgia from my childhood can be a mudda fudda.

A lead and rhythm guitarist made for some wicked soundscapes. First rate vocalists, first rate musicians.

Check out Judas Priest's "diabolical" treatment of messianic archetypes:

PAINKILLER !

Silly and fun lyrics, amazing music. (check out the loco :cuckoo: solo at 2:10 - it doesn't end!!)

Rock on MTF, rock on... :rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker:

nM__lPTWThU

Faster than a bullet
Terrifying scream
Enraged and full of anger
He's half man and half machine
Rides the metal monster
Breathing smoke and fire
Closing in with vengeance soaring high
He is the Painkiller
This is the Painkiller
Planets devastated
Mankind's on it's knees
A saviour comes from out the skies
In answer to their pleas
Through boiling clouds of thunder
Blasting bolts of steel
Evils going under deadly wheels
He is the Painkiller
This is the Painkiller
Faster than a lazer bullet
Louder than an atom bomb
Chromium plated boiling metal
Brighter than a thousand suns
Flying high on rapture
Stronger free and brave
Nevermore encaptured
They've been brought back from the grave
With mankind ressurrected
Forever to survive
Returns from Armageddon to the skies
He is the Painkiller
This is the Painkiller
Wings of steel Painkiller
Deadly wheels Painkiller

Mr. Oracle
04-05-2013, 02:37 AM
Whitesnake. Killer vocals by David Coverdale legend and great guitarists. Get past the "hair band" aesthetic and juvenile take on sexuality and what's left is the electrifying music.

r0oZejszyH0

Mr. Oracle
04-05-2013, 03:14 AM
Ronnie James Dio was a great replacement for Ozzy and became a metal god when he went solo. "Die Young" eerily became a prophetic song about a life cut short with cancer. I'm sure he's head bangin' away in heaven.

"Heaven and hell" and "Sign of the Southern Cross" are also some of my favs from the "Live Evil" album.

frtJQFe9apw

Mr. Oracle
04-05-2013, 03:45 AM
Haha, too funny. I never cared for the really heavy genre: venom, slayer, but the cat looks like it's used to the anger and loud volumes :lol:

Don't know where else to post this... can't stop laughing :haha:

El8ew2v2zrw
http://youtu.be/El8ew2v2zrw

This site also has gifs made from the video. The poor cat :lol:
Metal singer drunkenly records music video with his cat
http://www.aux.tv/2012/10/metal-band-finds-and-uploads-music-video-its-singer-drunkenly-recorded-with-his-cat/

emotion
04-05-2013, 03:53 AM
Ronnie James Dio was a great replacement for Ozzy and became a metal god when he went solo. "Die Young" eerily became a prophetic song about a life cut short with cancer. I'm sure he's head bangin' away in heaven.

"Heaven and hell" and "Sign of the Southern Cross" are also some of my favs from the "Live Evil" album.

I like Dio a lot. He is my favorite singer of that genre and seemed a very clever and interesting person as well

But given Dio's view on religion, he'd probably disagree with "head bangin' away in heaven" :lol: CLuUDrrP44k Seems a very smart guy, even used one of MTF's favorite words in "homogenized" ;)

Mr. Oracle
04-05-2013, 04:08 AM
I like Dio a lot. He is my favorite singer of that genre and seemed a very clever and interesting person as well

But given Dio's view on religion, he'd probably disagree with "head bangin' away in heaven" :lol: Seems a very smart guy, even used one of MTF's favorite words in "homogenized" ;)

Yes, it's no secret he was from the same school as chris hitchens or bill maher. I was speaking figuratively out of respect for the legacy he left behind! Wherever he is, I hope he's happy. :yeah:

Mr. Oracle
04-05-2013, 04:18 AM
Can't find Ozzy's "No More Tears" video on youtube anymore. The greedy copyright capitalists in ozzy's camp trying to cash in on R&R. :mad:

One of the most righteous metal songs ever:

Legendary solo by Zakk

tISi44dox8Y

Dougie
04-05-2013, 09:39 AM
Whitesnake. Killer vocals by David Coverdale legend and great guitarists. Get past the "hair band" aesthetic and juvenile take on sexuality and what's left is the electrifying music.

r0oZejszyH0

That is a great song indeed, Coverdale and John Sykes were a perfect match. It´s just a shame that Whitesnake went through that "hair band-phase", especially Slip of the Tongue was a huge mistake. Of course they got a lot of fans, but their credibility suffered quite a bit, at least in retrospect.

Mr. Oracle
04-07-2013, 06:30 AM
That is a great song indeed, Coverdale and John Sykes were a perfect match. It´s just a shame that Whitesnake went through that "hair band-phase", especially Slip of the Tongue was a huge mistake. Of course they got a lot of fans, but their credibility suffered quite a bit, at least in retrospect.

Hey Dougie boy, how do feel about Steve Vai's playing on "Slip of the Tongue?" Some amazing solos there, on the cover song, and kool riffs on "Kitten's got claws." I luv the zeppelinesque sound on "Judgement Day." It's kinda like Kashmir.

btF_4k6_Xg8

First rate lyrics!

Judgement Day

The night is gone,
The time has come
To find a new day has begun,
An' it promises to stay
To soothe the pain of wasted years
An' kiss away the bitter tears
A love to light the way

And from the darkness
Comes a smile,

That reaches out for many miles,
Touching everyone.
No more shadows of the past,
Your spirit free to fly at last,
Shining in the sun

Like the rolling thunder,
I feel the power of love,
It's a gift from heaven
And the Lord above

We walk toward desire,
Hand and hand
Through fields of fire
With only love to light the way
On the road to Judgement Day

Take it easy, take it slow,
I'll take you anywhere you wanna go,
Places never seen before
'Cause I love you, an' I need you,
I'll do my best to please you,
My love can open any door

When you hear the thunder
In your darkest night,
I'll be there to hold you
When the lightning strikes

So don't you worry,
You can ease your mind
'Cause we'll be dancing
At the end of time

Who loves you, who needs you,
Who'll do his best to please you,
I love you, I need you
I'll get down on my knees

We walk toward desire,
Hand and hand
Through fields of fire
With only love to light the way

So don't you worry, baby
Who loves you, who needs you

So I love you, and I need you
My love can open any door
My love can open any door...

Mr. Oracle
04-07-2013, 07:25 AM
Rob Halford the King:bigclap:

KHuk_q-pAis

The Priest really lost its way by the time of "Ram it down" but there are a few good tracks on that album, that's one of them. :rocker2::rocker::smoke:

It's painful to watch geriatric halford massacre that song though at that point in his life :facepalm:

Mr. Oracle
04-07-2013, 07:32 AM
i will quickly list a few i that listen to once in a while:

1. mega death
2. deff leapord
3. metalica
4. whitesnake
5. queensryche
6. disturbed

and a few others. no time to list them all. going to get some sleep.

and aj, remind me to kick your ass when i have the time.

You have great taste General clay death. Have you seen any of those bands in concert? I saw them all except disturbed.

J99
04-07-2013, 07:32 AM
I got that Heaven and Hell record recently, it might be my favorite thing that Dio/Sabbath have ever done, fav thing on it is "Children of the Sea", best riff on there IMO, I'm into all metal, old and new, I don't discriminate or put limits on it.

Was that a dig at Paradise Lost, if it was I'm kinda amazing considering they have awesome classic metal guitar leads and Sabbathian riffs, considering you say you like that stuff.

Mr. Oracle
04-07-2013, 07:53 AM
No one's posted Megadeth's Symphony of Destruction yet? :eek:

I luv how the latin american audiences have so much energy. They chant "megadeth, megadeth" as the chorus...What a rush that must be. ok, time to air guitar.

xX6UjWMffaY

The impeccable studio version:

yjYCW1BQC4Q

Mr. Oracle
04-07-2013, 08:00 AM
I got that Heaven and Hell record recently, it might be my favorite thing that Dio/Sabbath have ever done, fav thing on it is "Children of the Sea", best riff on there IMO, I'm into all metal, old and new, I don't discriminate or put limits on it.

Was that a dig at Paradise Lost, if it was I'm kinda amazing considering they have awesome classic metal guitar leads and Sabbathian riffs, considering you say you like that stuff.

I luv tony iommi's tone on that album. It's amazing he managed to keep playing after getting his finger tips cut off. Many players unsuccessfully try to get his tone but sadly, the tone is in his prosthetic fingertips.:mad:

Mr. Oracle
04-07-2013, 08:14 AM
Judas Priest's "Victim of Changes."

Seminal stuff from the fathers of metal. Awesome changes throughout the song (5:09, "when she was wonderful, when she was fine, when she was beautiful, when she was mine" :sad:)

Rob Halford's voice in its prime, and quite possible one of mosted gifted vocalists ever.

Check out the high notes he hits at 6:37 and 7:35.

EKSU1W0ZUmQ

J99
04-07-2013, 08:18 AM
Judas Priest's "Victim of Changes."

Seminal stuff from the fathers of metal. Awesome changes throughout the song.

Rob Halford's voice in its prime, and quite possible one of mosted gifted vocalists ever.

Check out the final note he hits at 7:35.

EKSU1W0ZUmQ

Fuck yeah, one of, if not the the greatest song ever, even though they pretty much combined 2 songs to make this masterpiece. :devil:

J99
04-07-2013, 08:26 AM
Mr. Oracle, I was wondering what you know about metal from Canada, I am Canadian myself, I've heard a fair bit, I sadly can't really get into most of it, only band I can say I like is Razor, their song "Evil Invaders" from the 80's is a classic for me, they are still around, they play thrashy metal.

Mr. Oracle
04-07-2013, 08:32 AM
Fuck yeah, one of, if not the the greatest song ever, even though they pretty much combined 2 songs to make this masterpiece. :devil:

Fhaken right bro :rocker2::rocker::rocker2::rocker: , I'm gonna blow yer mind with the next one...

Off of Defenders...(someone who keeps watch?)

Mr. Oracle
04-07-2013, 08:38 AM
The sentinel.

Glenn Tipton and Mr. K.K Downing trading solos at 2:21 is wicked.

I remember as a kid, being a few rows back from a wall of marshall stacks during the turbo lover tour, and damaging my left ear (it still rings, but the righteous tone of british celestion speakers forever remains):music::rocker2:

dLMuv5dc-rQ

Mr. Oracle
04-07-2013, 08:45 AM
Mr. Oracle, I was wondering what you know about metal from Canada, I am Canadian myself, I've heard a fair bit, I sadly can't really get into most of it, only band I can say I like is Razor, their song "Evil Invaders" from the 80's is a classic for me, they are still around, they play thrashy metal.

It was great being a kid in the 80s with all the cool bands. I'm no expert on metal but I'm familiar with pretty much all the non death/thrash metal stuff. That shit was/is scary. For me and my friends it was all about the fun music, and no anger at all. Some of those guys were real freaks back then. It's all damn noise to me but I don't want to disrespect my fellow metal brohims.

Yeah I remember Razor, they kinda remind me of "the killer dwarfs." They had some interesting stuff.

Wow so late, gotta go :zzz:

J99
04-07-2013, 08:46 AM
The sentinel.

Glenn Tipton and Mr. K.K Downing trading solos at 2:21 is wicked.

I remember as a kid, being a few rows back from a wall of marshall stacks during the turbo lover tour, and damaging my left ear (it still rings, but the righteous tone of british celestion speakers forever remains):music::rocker2:

dLMuv5dc-rQ

Yeah, I had this record, maybe my fav thing they did in the 80's, British Steel's up there too, 80's Priest kinda bores me, especially the drumming, ever since Holland joined the band, their 70's drummers were better esp. Phillips, best drummer they ever had, also not really into Halford's gay lyrical themes, I don't care that he's gay, he sings great, just don't like the lyrics sometimes, still kinda funny that people thought he was doing the biker thing and was really metal when he was doing the gay club thing instead.

Mr. Oracle
04-07-2013, 08:56 AM
Yeah, I had this record, maybe my fav thing they did in the 80's, British Steel's up there too, 80's Priest kinda bores me, especially the drumming, ever since Holland joined the band, their 70's drummers were better esp. Phillips, best drummer they ever had, also not really into Halford's gay lyrical themes, I don't care that he's gay, he sings great, just don't like the lyrics sometimes, still kinda funny that people thought he was doing the biker thing and was really metal when he was doing the gay club thing instead.

Yeah Rob definitely dressed the part. Can't believe we never thought anything of it back then :lol: Nothing at all. How naive were we? But we all had the leather and studs back then lol. Accept raises red flags for me now too (balls to the wall). Speaking of which, I should post that one too lol.

B_3TlrZLpQ0

Dougie
04-07-2013, 08:57 AM
Hey Dougie boy, how do feel about Steve Vai's playing on "Slip of the Tongue?" Some amazing solos there, on the cover song, and kool riffs on "Kitten's got claws." I luv the zeppelinesque sound on "Judgement Day." It's kinda like Kashmir.

Vai´s playing is of course excellent, such a skillful player. I just feel it wasn´t the right direction for Whitesnake as a band, that´s when the whole hair-metal posing went a little over the top for them. 1987 with John Sykes is still a good album, but Slip of the Tongue is not really my cup of tea. There´s some great songwriting, Judgement Day for example, and Sailing Ships, which is one of the best ballads they ever did. And I I do like the Fool for Your Loving-remake. But it would have been nice to hear those songs with a little bluesier approach and with Adrian Vandenberg´s guitar playing. And the photos with a little less hair spray. I suppose Coverdale just wanted to make the band as big as possible but IMO it is not a strong effort.

J99
04-07-2013, 09:10 AM
Here's "Evil Invaders" for you by Razor, it's at least a tiny bit Priest like to me, prob why I enjoy it much:

9Cf5ZmcZfGQ

Mr. Oracle
04-07-2013, 09:10 AM
Vai´s playing is of course excellent, such a skillful player. I just feel it wasn´t the right direction for Whitesnake as a band, that´s when the whole hair-metal posing went a little over the top for them. 1987 with John Sykes is still a good album, but Slip of the Tongue is not really my cup of tea. There´s some great songwriting, Judgement Day for example, and Sailing Ships, which is one of the best ballads they ever did. And I I do like the Fool for Your Loving-remake. But it would have been nice to hear those songs with a little bluesier approach and with Adrian Vandenberg´s guitar playing. And the photos with a little less hair spray. I suppose Coverdale just wanted to make the band as big as possible but IMO it is not a strong effort.

You're right, sadly a lot of bands seemed to be running out of steam at that time. In the late 80s and early 90s, you could actually sense a change in the musical zeitgeist coming around the corner with bands like nirvana--literally meant the death of the popular metal scene. Now I know how the hippies in the 60s must have felt. It was kinda depressing. A lot of muscians lost their way in the 80s. Look at what happened to miles davis and his micheal jackson cover songs :facepalm:

Mr. Oracle
04-07-2013, 09:16 AM
Here's "Evil Invaders" for you by Razor, it's at least a tiny bit Priest like to me, prob why I enjoy it much:

9Cf5ZmcZfGQ

Haha "to fight, to fight" Sounds like halford. That's about as heavy as I would have gone J99. When the singers start to sing in that demonic guttural tone, the fear sets in...lol.

J99
04-07-2013, 09:23 AM
Haha "to fight, to fight" Sounds like halford. That's about as heavy as I would have gone J99. When the singers start to sing in that demonic guttural tone, the fear sets in...lol.

Don't forget the opening/repeating guitar riff, if that's not Priestly I don't know what is, it's like this track takes Priest a step further, you think it's gonna be like a Priest rip off, but Razor do their own thing with it, making it more thrashy and with a rougher vocal which I like, the chorus maybe does have a more "evil" sounding vibe to it, but not really, I think it sounds cool what they did there, so yeah, this is probably my favorite Canadian metal song ever.

J99
04-07-2013, 09:50 AM
Try this really new metal on for size, it has solos for ya:

YFug3xQBKAk

J99
04-07-2013, 10:35 AM
rmoaOxnIOtI

Just found out about this, it's Jamey Jasta singer from Hatebreed and Kirk Windstein guitar, vocals from Crowbar and Down, I'm a bit into Crowbar and Down, but they don't quite do it for me, this I'm really digging, it's more accessable, maybe the best stuff Kirk has done ever, killer grooves.

Mr. Oracle
04-08-2013, 01:34 AM
It sounds like you have a wide range in metal J99, from the milder hard rockish sound of early priest to the really heavy stuff. Is there one type of style that really appeals you? I've found that the dudes that like the really heavy stuff like death/thrash think the softer stuff is for wimps. There was a kid that liked venom who terrorized me to no end cause I liked van halen and 80's priest! :lol:

What would be your top 3 albums that you could have on an island and rock out too?

Mr. Oracle
04-08-2013, 01:43 AM
Don't forget the opening/repeating guitar riff, if that's not Priestly I don't know what is, it's like this track takes Priest a step further, you think it's gonna be like a Priest rip off, but Razor do their own thing with it, making it more thrashy and with a rougher vocal which I like, the chorus maybe does have a more "evil" sounding vibe to it, but not really, I think it sounds cool what they did there, so yeah, this is probably my favorite Canadian metal song ever.

It does sound very priestly indeed. For some reason I thought of the tone of "Hell Bent for Leather."

By the time "Juglolator" came out with Ripper Owens, I lost interest in the priest. Too bad JP hasn't aged well like Iron Maiden. Halford is 10% of the singer he was in his youth. Sad when you don't know when to call it quits.

J99
04-08-2013, 03:28 AM
It sounds like you have a wide range in metal J99, from the milder hard rockish sound of early priest to the really heavy stuff. Is there one type of style that really appeals you? I've found that the dudes that like the really heavy stuff like death/thrash think the softer stuff is for wimps. There was a kid that liked venom who terrorized me to no end cause I liked van halen and 80's priest! :lol:

What would be your top 3 albums that you could have on an island and rock out too?

Well over the years I've been into it off and on, now I'm probably more into it, I've been digging more into it, finding more things I like, some records a few years back I either wasn't as into or I thought were too heavy, I'm now finding that I like them now, like you though I won't go too rough on the vocals usually, like the Kingdom of Sorrow is maybe as heavy as I go on vocals, I think that Machine Head's The Blackening for me is maybe the best overall metal record ever, also really like Pantera's Cowboys from Hell, but not them as much after that, other stuff I like is Maiden, Motorhead, 80's thrash I've tried really hard to get into, most of it I'm not really, I like Megadeth's Rust in Peace (even though it's technically 90'), but I don't like the new remaster of it that Mustaine messed with, I have most Soilwork records, as you can tell I quite enjoy a good groove, I could go on, but I will say more here in the future.

J99
04-08-2013, 03:39 AM
It does sound very priestly indeed. For some reason I thought of the tone of "Hell Bent for Leather."

By the time "Juglolator" came out with Ripper Owens, I lost interest in the priest. Too bad JP hasn't aged well like Iron Maiden. Halford is 10% of the singer he was in his youth. Sad when you don't know when to call it quits.

The production or guitar tone is at least like Priest, I'm not a guitar player though, so I wouldn't know for sure if that riff is like Priest.

Sounds like you are maybe at least 10 years older than me if you were going to Priest concerts in the 80's, I wasn't old enough to go to shows then, right now there isn't much in the way of metal shows on the horizon, I'm so hungary to go to one again, it's been awhile, Motley Crue and Kiss are coming through on different tours, not really my style, but if nothing else pops up soon I may have to consider, probably not going to shell out a minimum of 66 bucks to see Kiss though, they are one of the biggest money making acts in the world, only reason why I can think they charge so much is cause that maybe all they care about at least now is making money, Crue start at $25 then 45 then 79 then 115, that shows in 15 days though, so it's maybe not enough time now.

Mr. Oracle
04-08-2013, 04:20 AM
The production or guitar tone is at least like Priest, I'm not a guitar player though, so I wouldn't know for sure if that riff is like Priest.

Sounds like you are maybe at least 10 years older than me if you were going to Priest concerts in the 80's, I wasn't old enough to go to shows then, right now there isn't much in the way of metal shows on the horizon, I'm so hungary to go to one again, it's been awhile, Motley Crue and Kiss are coming through on different tours, not really my style, but if nothing else pops up soon I may have to consider, probably not going to shell out a minimum of 66 bucks to see Kiss though, they are one of the biggest money making acts in the world, only reason why I can think they charge so much is cause that maybe all they care about at least now is making money, Crue start at $25 then 45 then 79 then 115, that shows in 15 days though, so it's maybe not enough time now.

I can't believe my parents were letting me skip school at 11 years old to go see metal bands back then with friends. My teacher let us do show and tell on Monday mornings to talk about the concerts. The other kids thought we were true metal gods :lol: I'd save up from my paper route and blow it all on tickets and concert shirts! I had so many. What do they call those T-shirts with the long sleaves? Levi's Jeans, concert shirts, white sneakers, and a studded armband for the finishing touch.

http://img3.etsystatic.com/016/0/7755535/il_fullxfull.421903663_5tma.jpg

Action Jackson
04-08-2013, 04:37 AM
-2WqQY_xSSM

0I1geB7U5VI

b4hhTtrP9DM

Mr. Oracle
04-08-2013, 04:52 AM
Too bad there weren't that many female metal performers in the 80s. And so Lee Aaron was a VERY welcome presence on the scene for many a pre-pubescent boy if you catch my meaning. The few that were brave enough to perform, usually had to adopt the "bondage" theme in one way or another.

The Metal Queen

NF1CyYuVoak

http://vinylphoto.ru/var/albums/L/Lee%20Aaron_1984_Metal%20queen_1.jpg?m=1330792965

http://postermusic.narod.ru/collection/leeaaron/lee_aaron_p008.jpg

Her trademark RED pants! :eek:

HOT TO BE ROCKED

ePkpWBxjETI

http://a1.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/8/93be85da22c36ba67b6a22391e57cb53/l.jpg

J99
04-08-2013, 04:56 AM
-2WqQY_xSSM

0I1geB7U5VI

b4hhTtrP9DM

Interesting/decent picks, not very familiar with the 1st 2 bands, Rotting Christ I sometimes will listen to, their music is fine, it's the vocals I have a hard time getting past, right now in a similar vein I'm really into the new Amorphis record which comes out this month, it's a concept piece:

Zt9_xAiYQJ8

gdKt1aw4BK8

Q3Tdeg_IHGU

Action Jackson
04-08-2013, 04:59 AM
bzUPG8olnO0

J99
04-08-2013, 08:52 AM
zjYSWNvNX4g

Easily one of the best albums from the 80's, one of my fav's for sure, 1st truly great concept record, I put just 1 track here, but this really must be heard all the way through, best piece Priest never did in the 80's.

You were talking about female singing metal, this is probably my favorite ever, little known, they did 2 records, no longer together sadly, should have been much bigger IMO, from Sweden/Finland:

YIkWDY3n9Lo

6nS4H_inCaE

Sl9gcZ4e6sY

REX821e2XXs

Henry Chinaski
04-08-2013, 05:36 PM
rmoaOxnIOtI

Just found out about this, it's Jamey Jasta singer from Hatebreed and Kirk Windstein guitar, vocals from Crowbar and Down, I'm a bit into Crowbar and Down, but they don't quite do it for me, this I'm really digging, it's more accessable, maybe the best stuff Kirk has done ever, killer grooves.

good shit

Mr. Oracle
04-09-2013, 12:57 AM
J99, Operation Mindcrime is an amazing record. Saw Queensryche twice. Geoff Tate is an amazing vocalist and the drummer is first rate. Do you feel Pink Floyd's "The Wall" is a great concept album, or are you referring strictly to the metal scene?

J99
04-09-2013, 02:59 AM
J99, Operation Mindcrime is an amazing record. Saw Queensryche twice. Geoff Tate is an amazing vocalist and the drummer is first rate. Do you feel Pink Floyd's "The Wall" is a great concept album, or are you referring strictly to the metal scene?

Well yeah, "The Wall" and well at least a couple more records Floyd did are considered great concepts, but I'm just not as into them as I am the Ryche', I'd put Mindcrime with The Wall or Darkside anyday, I like MC's concept more, even though they are all dark concepts, except for maybe Darkside, the music on Mindcrime doesen't get me down like it does on The Wall after awhile.

Mr. Oracle
04-09-2013, 03:14 AM
Well yeah, "The Wall" and well at least a couple more records Floyd did are considered great concepts, but I'm just not as into them as I am the Ryche', I'd put Mindcrime with The Wall or Darkside anyday, I like MC's concept more, even though they are all dark concepts, except for maybe Darkside, the music on Mindcrime doesen't get me down like it does on The Wall after awhile.

You're right, the wall can get you down. It's quite hypnotic.

The song "suite sister mary" blows me away on Operation Mindcrime. For a long while it was my favourite song ever. I'm a big fan of vocalists doing changes in a song. Geoff makes it sound like there's multiple singers (4:51 - "Mary my lady of pain, always alone...") Wow, just wow. :rocker::smoke::rocker2:

XxlGGM5G_pc

BauerAlmeida
04-09-2013, 03:19 AM

The Wall is over-rated imo. At least the music. The show is spectacular, the movie is amazing, etc. But Dark Side is far superior.

J99
04-09-2013, 03:51 AM
You're right, the wall can get you down. It's quite hypnotic.

The song "suite sister mary" blows me away on Operation Mindcrime. For a long while it was my favourite song ever. I'm a big fan of vocalists doing changes in a song. Geoff makes it sound like there's multiple singers (4:51 - "Mary my lady of pain, always alone...") Wow, just wow. :rocker::smoke::rocker2:

XxlGGM5G_pc

I suppose Mindcrime doesn't get me down cause it's got riffs and well Tate, what a singer, maybe better than Halford in the 80's, he's considered a 2nd rate Halford I hear.

You maybe did not seem to like Paradise Lost's most current record, perhaps one of their classics could change your mind, one of my fav bands for sure:

67JH3e7d1r4

J99
04-09-2013, 07:00 AM
Whatever's on wikipedia doesn't matter, metal subgenres are decided by the metal community. They are on metal archives anyways, but there's barely any metal to their sound. They are primarily a grunge band. They definitely don't transition into anything like the modern era of metal, they have influences from the classics though like Sabbath.

Look, just cause you only listen to black/death metal does not mean that AIC aren't metal, who gives a fuck about sub genres, if you hear it and it has the spirit of metal, then it's metal, AIC are clearly rooted in classic metal, if you don't think their records have a metal vibe, then I don't know what to say, grunge is just the 90's word for what Sabbath, Motorhead and Zeppelin sounded like then, it's just a marketing ploy, not a genre, they broke quite a bit of new ground for metal, you say that black metal is far more interesting, well I could say to you that it's the least interesting metal genre, most BM is probably worse than punk when it comes to musicianship, in that sense it's anti metal, cause true metal is about really good music, not just putting on some atmosphere and spectacle to talk about Satan, plus it's all about the same subject pretty much, I see BM more as performance art, a message and what the pagan religion does than music, cause really, if the Christian religion had not taken over Norway, would there even be BM, I think not.

J99
04-10-2013, 03:23 AM
Alright, at least my favorite metal record ever, maybe favorite record ever, that's saying something, cause I've heard so much music/metal, you have no idea, songwriting is the best I've ever heard, track 7 is a bit of a dud for me, and the closer is either average or a bit above average, but the rest is pretty top notch, for me it takes all the best or my favorite parts of metal from it's history and puts them here, Metal Hammer UK called it at least one of the 6 best records from the 00's:

7vhzg2VqBy8

J99
04-10-2013, 09:21 AM
But that means any hard rock band could be seen as a metal band. Like AIC obviously belong better alongside Soundgarden and Pearl Jam than alongside Opeth or Gorguts or Dark angel or Drudkh or Mayhem, etc etc. I think it becomes a bit unclear because "AIC" has many similarities to the "nu metal" bands (since they were heavily rooted in grunge) that followed, but like 99% of metalheads don't accept any of the "nu metal" bands as metal.

I guess people who are more old schoolers may accept AIC as a metal band, those who are part of the modern metal movement probably wouldn't.

AIC are pretty different from Pearl Jam which might have the odd metal element, but are def. more hard rock, but you gotta remember that what people call 70's hard rock now, was considered metal then, like Aerosmith for instance, and even Soundgarden, they are a pretty hard band to describe as mostly one thing or another, they cover alot of styles, like punk, metal, hard rock, so in that sense they are the Zeppelin from there, all the bands from that area at that time are quite different from each other, that's just silly to compare what AIC does to extreme metal acts, cause there is clearly a big difference between classic metal and death metal, but it's still all metal, AIC doesn't have so many similarities to "nu", "grunge" is only one part of "Nu", the blueprint for "Nu" is Sepultura's "Roots", there are a few decent so called "Nu" metal bands, but they don't only do that style, they aren't really that "Nu" to me, once again "Nu" is just what the record companies were selling metal as at the time, still just metal though, bands like System of a Down, Mudvayne, Godsmack, Disturbed, Korn. AIC's 1st record can be described as more hard rock, still alot of Guns N' Roses influence there, a fair bit of metal too, 2nd record is so metal though, look, alot of bands band have so many influences on them, but if the base is metal, then it's metal, so you can't say that cause metal evolved/changed to death metal that it makes it more metal or more valid than how AIC changed it, Dirt is a pretty doomy/sludgy metal record, it's quite similar to what Paradise Lost were doing at the same time.

mwirmm
04-10-2013, 10:41 AM
Thought id put in my 2 cents, not sure if these bands were mentioned yet :)

Isis - Great post metal group, excellent for a chill-out sesh alone at home

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7OBr6p3-oI

The Ocean Collective - Dark but clean sound, with above decent production.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJfMztAIhZU

Gordion Knot - Amazing instrumental metal band with the basist from Cynic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_cO9fm1EXU&playnext=1&list=PL0E74AFF4FDC547D7&feature=results_video

Cynic - Amazing prog-metal band with some incredible guitar work

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fhVLykF3nU

And lastly, Karnivool. An extremely talented Australian prog rock/metal band. Deserves a listen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gB6n24ASc7w

J99
04-10-2013, 12:53 PM

Korn are pretty metal, it's that some people don't like the hip hop element there, but they've made it metal, Deftones I would agree are not as pure of a metal band like AIC, cause they have the vocalist who's really into the art/experimental rock, and the guitarist is a metal guy, so they have like two opposing styles, they def have some metal songs though, Linkin, well they aren't really metal at all, it's like they took the lightest parts of Filter, Korn, Deftones and made it pop, Mudvayne are fairly metal, no question, I don't know how you can listen to them and think that they are not, at least their 1st 3 records are, after that they did some more radio friendly stuff, Crazytown are prob more rock than metal.

The detuned guitar has been around at least since the Beatles did "Dear Prudence", Zeppelin used it a bit, as far as the influence on metal, it comes from Slayer when they started to use it, doom bands used it, then Death used it, hair metal bands used it too, Motley Crue doing it alot, not AIC, Swedish death metal, Tool, Pantera, Prong, Helmet and I'm pretty sure some other bands were also using it at this time too, so it's a Slayer thing, not a Washington State thing, now a lot of metal bands have used it since.

What is a grunge riff structure, cause AIC's riffs are pretty classic metal type riffs.

Staley was Staley, he wasn't a genre, he was unique, like Ozzy before him.

Classic metal drumming was based on rock/jazz, until Motorhead came along and changed metal drumming, doomy metal doesn't use fast kick drumming anyway.

J99
04-10-2013, 01:52 PM
Thought id put in my 2 cents, not sure if these bands were mentioned yet :)

Isis - Great post metal group, excellent for a chill-out sesh alone at home

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7OBr6p3-oI

The Ocean Collective - Dark but clean sound, with above decent production.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJfMztAIhZU

Gordion Knot - Amazing instrumental metal band with the basist from Cynic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_cO9fm1EXU&playnext=1&list=PL0E74AFF4FDC547D7&feature=results_video

Cynic - Amazing prog-metal band with some incredible guitar work

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fhVLykF3nU

And lastly, Karnivool. An extremely talented Australian prog rock/metal band. Deserves a listen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gB6n24ASc7w

I have Isis final record, best one they did, post-metal, wtf, they are still metal, they are sludgy, doomy, proggy, droney, metal:

Qn1Is2PWvy4

GK, not really metal, more prog rock for sure, not my thing.

Cynic are like technical jazz death metal, don't usually like when bands are this technical, I much prefer the later Death records to this:

dgx3sp_hTJw

Karnivool are prob more rock than metal, a fair bit of Floyd going on here, some Tool and lesser known band Oceansize too, I think they are alright, don't quite match up to Tool though, here's their best which I have:

Y2CSsQjJXm8

Mr. Oracle
04-10-2013, 11:54 PM
The Wall is over-rated imo. At least the music. The show is spectacular, the movie is amazing, etc. But Dark Side is far superior.

Wow bro. You think the wall is over-rated? It's widely regarded as a masterpiece, but I admit art is subjective and you're entitled to your opionion.

Floyd is my fav band, so I may be biased.

Mr. Oracle
04-10-2013, 11:56 PM
J99, your knowledge of metal history is impressive.

Have you seen that documentary on metal a few years ago by that kid travelling around? I wish I remembered the name. It was very entertaining and brought back a lot of memories. He covered everything from the early days to the current really hard stuff. Some of the characters are real bad asses. I think I'm scared to go to Scandinavia now! :lol:

BauerAlmeida
04-10-2013, 11:57 PM
Wow bro. You think the wall is over-rated? It's widely regarded as a masterpiece, but I admit art is subjective and you're entitled to your opionion.

Floyd is my fav band, so I may be biased.

Yes, if it wasn't I wouldn't say it's over-rated.

It's great but not as great as Dark Side, WYWH and Meddle.

Mr. Oracle
04-11-2013, 12:24 AM
Yes, if it wasn't I wouldn't say it's over-rated.

It's great but not as great as Dark Side, WYWH and Meddle.

"Animals" is unreal too, great chops by dave in "dogs."

Best guitarist EVER.

BauerAlmeida
04-11-2013, 01:54 AM

Best guitarist EVER.

Definitely. Dogs is a masterpiece.

And Dave's solo in Pigs is brilliant.

J99
04-11-2013, 08:36 AM
Have you seen that documentary on metal a few years ago by that kid travelling around? I wish I remembered the name. It was very entertaining and brought back a lot of memories. He covered everything from the early days to the current really hard stuff. Some of the characters are real bad asses. I think I'm scared to go to Scandinavia now!

Not sure exactly which one you are reffering to, cause I've seen a few, maybe it's Metal: A Headbangers Journey?

Best guitarist EVER.

Animals is probably my favorite Floyd, rocks hardest, lesser known, but those who've heard it know how good it is.

I think he's a bit overrated as a guitarist, I get that he plays with good feeling, he could be your favorite, he was mine for awhile, but to say he's the best ever is a stretch, like Blackmore was better at the time for what one could do on the guitar, could maybe even put Gilmour with Townshend, Page, Iommi, Beck, Clapton, Fripp, May too, Hendrix before them all, my personal favorite is maybe Dimebag right now, could also put him in the conversation for best ever.

J99
04-11-2013, 11:21 AM
Variety pack:

1st, Aerosmith's heaviest song ever, Nobody's Fault, maybe their best, one of my fav's from them for sure, it's like Sabbath boogie or something, pretty much the whole record it's from is a winner though:

0o2iIE8ejXo

Next, Swedish melodeath at it's finest, In Flames Only For the Weak and Swim, the guitar playing I really enjoy here:

EmCA7EwE3rY

5UxDJdSb7BA

Here's something for all you extremists out there, Vader, with one of my fav death metal tracks:

CgG3r0BjlOc

Maybe 1st real full on metal show I've ever been too, I hadn't been to one at this point, not a lot of metal shows come through where I am, they were coming though, so I guess I thought fuck it, I'm going, I may have won a ticket to the show, can't remember for sure, probably no better place to start than with these guys, my fav song from them:

c5nPyASzFFA

Root, a little known black metal band from the Czech Republic, one of my fav black metal tracks, one of the few true BM acts who actually play music:

Dv8iK-u3bis

J99
04-12-2013, 09:59 AM
Pretty much doesn't matter what style of metal you are into, you should be able to appreciate this band on some level, seen them live:

CgFQISstZyk

Mr. Oracle
04-13-2013, 03:31 AM
Not sure exactly which one you are reffering to, cause I've seen a few, maybe it's Metal: A Headbangers Journey?

That's the one. Dio ribbing Gene simmons was funny. Think I'll watch it again.

BauerAlmeida
04-13-2013, 04:50 AM
Maiden confirmed that they'll be playing here on September. I can't wait 5 fuckin' months.

Gris
04-13-2013, 05:38 PM
A fan of Black Metal.Some Doom or Gothic also do me well.

Marita_Matthäus
04-13-2013, 06:52 PM
A fan of Black Metal.Some Doom or Gothic also do me well.

Care to name a few bands? :) What kind of Doom do you like?

Gris
04-14-2013, 05:32 AM
Care to name a few bands? :) What kind of Doom do you like?

I don't really enjoy those old-school Doom bands,I like those melodic and atmospheric(like Saturnus)or some Gothic Doom(like Draconian).

Actually all the metal bands on my list have great atmosphere.:D

J99
04-15-2013, 12:40 PM
Well these guys are pretty good, seen them live:

ZI54ajzIBvI