Pansy Justice System in the UK.... [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Pansy Justice System in the UK....

Black Adam
12-15-2009, 12:56 PM
http://newsforums.bbc.co.uk/nol/thread.jspa?sortBy=2&forumID=7346&edition=1&ttl=20091215135353&#paginator
A Buckinghamshire businessman jailed for injuring a burglar who had attacked him and his family plans to appeal against his sentence, his lawyer said.

Munir Hussain, 53, discovered three masked men in his house in High Wycombe, Bucks when his family returned from their local mosque last year.

But when Hussain’s teenage son managed to escape and raise the alarm, he turned on his captors. One, Walid Salem, was cornered in a neighbour’s garden. With the help of his brother, Hussain set upon him with a metal pole and a cricket bat, the court heard.

Sentencing, Judge John Reddihough said it was his "public duty" to jail Hussain. He said that people should not be permitted to inflict "their own instant and violent punishment" or risk undermining the rule of law.To quote Drogba , it's a fucking disgrace. Criminals have more rights that victims :rolleyes:

Tommy_Vercetti
12-15-2009, 02:43 PM
Sickening.

Iván
12-15-2009, 03:07 PM
i agree

truly truly truly sick

someone needs to dig up guy folks grave , inject him with crystal meth and let him do his thing and bomb M15, Crown Court, houses of parliment.

buddyholly
12-15-2009, 04:57 PM
Worse in Toronto.

A man is well known in Chinatown for stealing goods from storefronts. He stole from a shop and when he returned an hour later the shopkeepers grabbed him, tied him up and called the police. The shopkeeper is now on trial for kidnapping. According to the law the robber was not committing a crime when they captured him and called the police. In this instance there was no violence and the culprit has been arrested for stealing many times.

If I call this political correctness gone mad, will this thread be closed?

JolánGagó
12-15-2009, 06:21 PM
Stupidity shall prevail. Resistance is futile.

Black Adam
12-15-2009, 07:47 PM
It's painful and sickening how soft the justice system has become in some places.

Obviously I am not calling for public stonnings or Vigilantes but having been victim of house robbery on many occasions, I would like to be allowed to deal with intruders on my property in a manner i see fit. This is the only case, I agree with domestic guns.

Criminals need to know that they risk their lives and health before they break onto someone's property, not that the system will actually defend them.

Chip_s_m
12-15-2009, 08:16 PM
It's painful and sickening how soft the justice system has become in some places.

Obviously I am not calling for public stonnings or Vigilantes but having been victim of house robbery on many occasions, I would like to be allowed to deal with intruders on my property in a manner i see fit. This is the only case, I agree with domestic guns.

Criminals need to know that they risk their lives and health before they break onto someone's property, not that the system will actually defend them.

Buy a gun. Move to Texas. Problem solved.

Zirconek
12-15-2009, 10:37 PM
http://newsforums.bbc.co.uk/nol/thread.jspa?sortBy=2&forumID=7346&edition=1&ttl=20091215135353&#paginator
To quote Drogba , it's a fucking disgrace. Criminals have more rights that victims :rolleyes:

We don't have detailed info about the case. Anyway, let me say:
1- it's not about criminals having more rights than victims, it's about rights for everyone and the criminal was considered a victim himself. I guess they considered the fact that it all started with a robbery, but the reaction was too much excessive and the criminal was damaged/hurted.
2- it's just one sentence, no need to bring it as representative of the whole system, that of course is made of singular sentences but also by the law.

GhostUnholy
12-15-2009, 11:21 PM
I think he's in shit because he injured the criminal after apparently chasing him to his neighbors yard, rather than just in an act of self preservation

Black Adam
12-15-2009, 11:40 PM
I think he's in shit because he injured the criminal after apparently chasing him to his neighbors yard, rather than just in an act of self preservation
Have you ever been robbed before? In your own house? Maybe while you were sleeping? Your property, your rules. I am sure many in the guy's situation could have also lost it and delivered instant and hard justice on the spot.

GhostUnholy
12-15-2009, 11:45 PM
Have you ever been robbed before? In your own house? Maybe while you were sleeping? Your property, your rules. I am sure many in the guy's situation could have also lost it and delivered instant and hard justice on the spot.

I don't disagree, a guy broke into my condo once and I came home to find him stealing shit, so I knocked him out, and would do it again if someone broke in or attacked me again. But I didn't chase him anywhere, or use an object to attack him, and felt like I was in reasonable danger at the time, I thought it was justified and not out of proportion. At the same time, the charges against him are also justifiable

Winston's Human
12-16-2009, 01:37 AM
Was the robber also prosecuted or did they let him go?

buddyholly
12-16-2009, 02:44 AM
They let him go, saying he was too injured to stand trial and was suffering from memory loss. But in this injured mental state he has recently been arrested for credit card fraud. This new offence could take his total number of convictions to more than 50.

Henry Chinaski
12-16-2009, 02:54 AM
It's understandable and I certainly would've done the same thing but it doesn't mean it's right.

You can't expect a judge to condone a revenge attack. The guy is guilty.

I don't see the grounds for a 30 month sentence though, regardless of your views on the purpose of incarceration. The punishment for an attack that's understandable in the circumstances seems excessive. The guy has no criminal convictions and is therefore no threat to society nor in any need of rehabilitation.

scoobs
12-16-2009, 08:27 AM
One of those cases that I find myself really torn over.

On the one hand the guy comes home and his family has been tied up and his property invaded.

He manages to escape and the robber flees.

On the other hand, he then pursues the robber, and him, his brother, and possibly other people, beat the robber senseless with a cricket bat, smashing the cricket bat in 3 places and leaving the robber brain damaged.

I mean, it would be one thing to detain the robber until the police arrived, but the action this man took clearly went way too far.

Nevertheless I think a 30 month jail term is a very harsh punishment considering the man must have been under extreme provocation - I think anyone would be coming home to find their family tied up.
Doesn't excuse what he did but it seems wrong that he gets a much harsher punishment than the man who started it all.

Tommy_Vercetti
12-17-2009, 08:30 PM
He didn't know if the man would come back with a gun or come back the next night. He ran after the guy in order to make sure that he was caught.

Anyone have the judge's home address? I hope some places to post it.

Henry Chinaski
12-17-2009, 08:54 PM
like a judge who prob regularly sends all kinds of shady gangsters and terrorists to jail is gonna give a shit if his home address is posted on some website. risk comes with the job. they don't get intimidated by pussies like you anyway

Tommy_Vercetti
12-17-2009, 09:08 PM
Heheheh, you are such a fool. I was referring of course to sites where people will write in protest of the decision to let him know that people disagree and might help the appeal.

sammy01
12-17-2009, 09:56 PM

On the one hand the guy comes home and his family has been tied up and his property invaded.

On the other hand, he then pursues the robber, and him, his brother, and possibly other people, beat the robber senseless with a cricket bat, smashing the cricket bat in 3 places and leaving the robber brain damaged.

I mean, it would be one thing to detain the robber until the police arrived, but the action this man took clearly went way too far.

Nevertheless I think a 30 month jail term is a very harsh punishment considering the man must have been under extreme provocation - I think anyone would be coming home to find their family tied up.
Doesn't excuse what he did but it seems wrong that he gets a much harsher punishment than the man who started it all.

i agree with this and see both sides like you. there is a line between protection and vigilante, it is just for many people this line is in a different place to others.

Lee
12-17-2009, 10:02 PM

i agree with this and see both sides like you. there is a line between protection and vigilante, it is just for many people this line is in a different place to others.

Agree. I don't oppose to using force to subdue a robber but using excessive force should not be tolerated. But 30 month jail term is way too much IMO.