I know we all love Pim Pim but... [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

I know we all love Pim Pim but...

gogo_guga
09-03-2004, 05:03 AM
Which other players do you guys like and dislike?

I like :worship: : Guga, Federer, Moya, Nadal, Verdasco, Andreev, Ferrero, Nalbandian, and Safin.

I dislike :o : Roddick, Ginepri, Ljubicic, Horna, Clement, Llodra, and Stepanek.

Kristen
09-03-2004, 05:12 AM
I adore: Alexander Popp :hearts: , Jurgen Melzer :lick: , Jonas Bjorkman :worship: , Jarkko Nieminen :kiss: , and Simon Aspelin!

I like: Wayne Ferreira :sad: , Burgsmuller, Oli Rochus,Mirnyi, Vahaly, all Swedes, Todd Martin and igor Kunitsyn :yeah:

I sort of dislike Paradorn and Hewitt. Gaudio often pisses me off too, and Safin's been getting on my nerves lately. 'wimbledon is not for me....athens is not a priority"...

jmgsdoubsprtnr
09-03-2004, 06:21 AM
i like: Enqvist, Gambill, Söderling, Norman, Philippoussis, Sa, Saretta, Dent, Sluiter

I dislike: roddick, agassi

Aleksa's Laydee
09-03-2004, 11:17 AM
i love: mardy, igor, jonas, tojo, jan mike and alex bogdanovic

i like: greg rusedski, taylor dent, wayne arthurs, rainer schuettler, thomas enqvist, robin soderling, david nalbandian, todd woodbridge and mario ancic

i dont like: FEDERER, agassi, henman, kuerten, coria, saulnier, scriciphan, hewwitt andf karlovic

:D

skeiji
09-03-2004, 12:03 PM
i like:lleyton,bryans,mardy,coria,haas
I dislike:roddick

Yoav
09-03-2004, 12:43 PM
like: Enqvist, T Johansson, Soderling, Roddick, Safin, JCF
Dont like: Hewitt, Federer, Agassi

jmgsdoubsprtnr
09-03-2004, 04:07 PM
i like: greg rusedski, taylor dent, wayne arthurs, jan mike gambill, rainer schuettler, thomas enqvist, robin soderling, david nalbandian, todd woodbridge and mario ancic

you don't LOVE Enqvist?!?!?!?! :eek: :sad:

oh well, more for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lick:

Aleksa's Laydee
09-03-2004, 06:59 PM
you don't LOVE Enqvist?!?!?!?! :eek: :sad:

oh well, more for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lick:

well i did, kinda inbetween now :confused: :o

jmgsdoubsprtnr
09-03-2004, 07:22 PM
oh no!!! how can that be??? i'm sorry you've lost your love for Enqvist... but it happens... like me and roddick. i went from love (or maybe not that extreme, let's say like) to hate on that one, so i can't blame you.

Aleksa's Laydee
09-03-2004, 08:18 PM
oh no!!! how can that be??? i'm sorry you've lost your love for Enqvist... but it happens... like me and roddick. i went from love (or maybe not that extreme, let's say like) to hate on that one, so i can't blame you.

i still think hes hot tho ;)

after his performance today i'm glad he's not one of my fav's he lost to a NOBODY :fiery:

Jexy
09-04-2004, 01:38 AM
question: why do people hate roddick? not just you guys.. but anyone I ask?

I personally dont mind the guy, he looks like someone I'd get along with very well, were I to actually know him :). My only problem with him is that he dates clones :)... first mandy moore, now lauren bedford.... they're like copies with a different wig on :p

jmgsdoubsprtnr
09-04-2004, 01:58 AM
reasons i hate roddick: he's ugly. let me elaborate on that one... when he "smiles" his face looks like it got all distorted, like a piece of plastic that was put in a microwave. his nose is really wierd.
HE JUST MAKES ME SO MAD!!!
he's overrated. people say he's the best, when i believe Federer should have that title, at least for now. (until pim pim takes it off his hands).
there are other reasons, but i can't think of them, and i don't want to think of roddick anymore.

sol
09-04-2004, 02:04 AM
I don't hate anyone..
I like Guga, Roger, Kiwi, Marat, Carlos, Tommy, Igor, David, Andre, Juanqui, Mario, Jonas, Rafa, Tommy H., Younes, Tommy R., Florian, Jürgen, Hicham, Feña, Verdasco, Lleyton, Blake, Santoro, Sebastien, Scud, Pavel, and many others...
I don't like: Spadea, Sanguinetti, Chela, Llodra, Stepanek, Verkerk, Mutis, Koubek, Arthurs, Burgsmüller, Dent, Dupuis.

Sharon
09-04-2004, 03:17 PM
i really like... Juanqui, Seb, TommyR, Mario, Robin, TIm H
i root for... Hewitt, Safin, T. Johansson, Fish, Santoro, Woodbridge, Enqvist, Mirnyi, Clement, Nadal, Verdasco and Novak (i just copied this from my sig :lol: )

Luna
09-04-2004, 05:36 PM
I love Juanqui
I like F.Lopez,Volandri,O.Rochus,R.Gasquet
I dislike Coria,Federer

Toppu
09-04-2004, 06:40 PM
The word "hate" is a little too mean for the players, I guess. :)
BUt the following players disappoint & annoy me at times. :o

- L.Paes
- G.Gaudio
- F.Lopez
including my countryman, Paradorn as well. : sometimes he's just so boring. :rolleyes:

But most guys on tour are fine to me, esp. those in my signature including JCF, Nieminen etc. BUt Now I feel like PimPim is my no.1 while Andreev is no.2

Jexy
09-06-2004, 02:34 PM
I can't say I'm too hyped up about anyone or too dissapointed either...
favorite is pimpim ... but that Rochus from Belgium has cought my eye. I'm definately gonna follow his career as well. That match against Moya was amazing... and I also have something to identify with him by.... we're both 5'5"! :)

Go little man, go! :spit:

(little man is what the tv anchors were calling him.. :P )

star
09-06-2004, 03:28 PM
My very favorite player who plays now is Gustavo Kuerten. :)

And my second favorite is Coria. :)

After that I have a lot of favorites who are all jammed up together and who I can't sort out. So, in no particular order....... ALL the Swedes. :), but Pim Pim :inlove: is probably my favorite of those who are playing right now, Roddick :kiss: Hewitt :kiss: Rochus, Malisse, Niemenen, Ferrero, Younes, Schalken, ........ and I've gotten interested in some of the new players too.... including Baghdatis, Mayer, Hernych, Delic, Monaco, Berdych.... even if he did beat Jonas :p... and Nadal.

There are only a few players I don't like, and I would never name them because everyone likes their favorites and I don't want to cause hard feelings by saying I don't like someone who might be one of the favorites of someone who posts here. :kiss:

Kat!
09-07-2004, 12:28 PM
well >> it's pretty obvious from my siggy who I like!!!

as for dislike..........grr Hewitt. not my cup of tea I have to say.

Canuck_Chick
09-21-2004, 04:24 AM
hmmm....there's really only one player I dislike and that's gotta be Rusedski...
As for like...definately pim-pim, pat rafter (even though he doesn't play anymore :sad: ), jonas, hewitt, guga, gaudio, andy, jc......
As for the rest of the players, I like them but they need to do something a little extra to get on the siggy :lol:

li'l red
09-21-2004, 04:44 AM
i love marat safin (obvious huh?!) :hearts: :drool:
i really like rafa and pimpim :hearts:
i like mark p., tommy h., seb, arnaud, gaston, juanqui (actually they are my friends favorites, i really only cheer for marat, rafa and pimpim, but i end up cheering for them also if the three are not playing or they lost early)...

i don't like....hmmm andy and nalby... sorry to their fans about this....... i don't know...i just don't like them...

Sommarsverige
09-21-2004, 07:02 AM
I like MAGNUS (really?), Jonas, Tompa, Thomas, Simon, Pim Pim and all other Swedes,
also Gaudio, Verdasco, Zabaleta, Canas, Nieminen and others!

I don´t like Roddick, Agassi, Hewitt, Malisse, Nalbandian, Blake, Massu.....

Aleksa's Laydee
09-21-2004, 09:05 AM
hmmm....there's really only one player I dislike and that's gotta be Rusedski...
As for like...definately pim-pim, pat rafter (even though he doesn't play anymore :sad: ), jonas, hewitt, guga, gaudio, andy, jc......
As for the rest of the players, I like them but they need to do something a little extra to get on the siggy :lol:

Just coz we have greggie and you dont :nerner: *jokes* :angel: :p

Jexy
09-21-2004, 03:38 PM

Rusedski?:tears:...grrr... that traitor! :bigcry:
:crying2:I feel double betrayed,... :sobbing: cause he was born in Canada and his father was of polish background. :sad:

Aleksa's Laydee
09-21-2004, 04:52 PM
am i the only one that likes him ;) :lol:

jmgsdoubsprtnr
09-21-2004, 05:24 PM
he's a pretty funny guy. like when i was at the pim pim vs. rusedski match in indy, he hit a few double faults in a row, then yelled at the ball "oh, go over the friggin net!" it was funny. i, as well as everyone else in the crowd laughed.

Jexy
09-21-2004, 05:49 PM
first rusedski leaves us, then mary pierce :sobbing:

Aleksa's Laydee
09-21-2004, 06:35 PM
mary pierce is canadian??!! :eek:

Jexy
09-21-2004, 07:49 PM
mary pierce is canadian??!! :eek:
:eek: You didnt know? born in Montreal just like greg. I mean, Mary Pierce isnt exactly a french name, so it's easy to guess she was born elsewhere.

Why are all the players leaving Canada?:sobbing: Daniel Nestor, please dont leave or we wont have anyone left! (Other then the sucky players hehe) :bigcry:

Aleksa's Laydee
09-21-2004, 08:28 PM
I mean, Mary Pierce isnt exactly a french name, so it's easy to guess she was born elsewhere.

well sorrrrrrrrrry :rolleyes:

Canuck_Chick
09-21-2004, 08:58 PM
hmmm...the bad thing is that rusedski would have been Canada's best male player ever if he still played for Canada. That tells you something about the tennis talent over here... :rolleyes:

jmgsdoubsprtnr
09-22-2004, 01:17 AM
you've always got those figure skaters... remember the scandal at the 2002 olympics?

Jexy
09-22-2004, 03:18 AM
well sorrrrrrrrrry :rolleyes:

I'm sorry.. didnt mean to come off as condescending.. but I notice I might have appreared that way reading it now... quite sorry about that. Need to work on my expressive writing :p

But ya, Rusedski would have been our best. And a lot of Canadians that I talked to are a bit bitter that he left us. Same with Mary. But then Canandian tennis is suffering a bit, monetarily. So I can't blame them if they chose to play for countries with richer tennis opportunities and better programs. But then I think to myself that without good talent here, inspiring people to play,.. we will never get up a good enough tennis program that can develop a new talent if there is no one good enough in this country who is pushing the barriers and fighting for improvements. A good canadian tennis player would for sure inspire new players and well as donations by the public and public intrest in general,... things that are right now lacking... (WOW..wrote a lot there). ;)

LOL.. yes we have figure skaters... but have you seen our recent preformance in the Olympics? a handful of medals! The whole country was quite embarraced.......

Canuck_Chick
09-22-2004, 03:58 AM
you've always got those figure skaters... remember the scandal at the 2002 olympics?

meh...our figure skaters are all right....
but i'm quite proud of our hockey talent here :worship: :yeah:...we can always rely on them to bring home some trophies :)

As for the tennis talent here, i agree with Jexy. We need some good Canadian tennis players to break the barriers. Maybe Nestor will do some of that, but the fact that he's mainly a doubles player means that he gets less coverage.

Jexy
09-22-2004, 07:48 AM
Nestor is great, but he's already too old. Canada needs some new and fresh talent.

Aleksa's Laydee
09-22-2004, 02:10 PM
I'm sorry.. didnt mean to come off as condescending.. but I notice I might have appreared that way reading it now... quite sorry about that. Need to work on my expressive writing :p

aahh okies...well sorry i took offense to something you didnt mean as offensive ;)

this is the life i have only had 3 lessons today :banana: but kinda a full day tomo :sad:

Jexy
09-22-2004, 06:48 PM
no problem Siobhan :hug: .. hehe

Aleksa's Laydee
09-22-2004, 08:00 PM
:kiss: (sorry sometimes i call you jexy...instead of anna)

Aleksa's Laydee
09-26-2004, 06:33 PM
ok well greg lost the Dc for us along with tim :rolleyes:

but omg i saw ALEX on tv quite alot :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :inlove: :lol:

Jexy
09-26-2004, 09:07 PM
:kiss: (sorry sometimes i call you jexy...instead of anna)
hehehe... no problem really.. I actually prefer on the forum to be called Jexy, since Anna is such a boring common name... in my women's tutorial class of about 25 people there are 5 annas!!! :eek:

jmgsdoubsprtnr
09-26-2004, 11:00 PM
wow... i don't know anyone named anna (except you now.)