Anyone here from Sydney? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Anyone here from Sydney?

Shafanovic
11-25-2009, 10:27 AM
Hi :)

I just wanna talk to some fellow Sydney peeps.

My name's Chris, I'm 17 and I live in Pagewood, Sydney :D

Tankman
11-25-2009, 11:39 AM
:wavey:

Hi there Chris.

I'm Ervin... living up in Berowra - you know the place that's the end of the Western line, where all the bushfires happen :lol:

Lemon Custard
11-25-2009, 11:45 AM
I'm Amy... from The Shire. I know I know, I've heard it before.

Tankman
11-25-2009, 11:50 AM
Hi Amy :wavey:

So I guess you really don't need to hear it again then? :p

...anyway in all seriousness, the whole regional stereotyping of Sydneysiders is a bit :bs:, especially for people down south and out west. Guess I'm lucky to be from a forgotten part of the city that doesn't fit many stereotypes :lol: Do you mind specifying where in the Shire you are, or would you prefer not to?

Lemon Custard
11-25-2009, 12:05 PM
I'd rather not be too specific... One of the bays, let's put it that way haha.

Tankman
11-25-2009, 12:08 PM
:lol: Okay then. Just for the record, there was no malicious intent behind that one :o :lol:

Are you working or at uni? (uni meaning long holidays right now :cool:)

Lemon Custard
11-25-2009, 12:10 PM
I'm at uni, but I'm doing my Masters and I'm in the middle of a loooong dissertation and I have an extension... so no long holiday for me just yet! How about you?

Action Jackson
11-25-2009, 12:15 PM
Everything stereotypical about the Shire is true.

Tankman
11-25-2009, 12:15 PM
Ah. All the best with your dissertation then. What's it on?

2nd year International Studies/Law at New South. And another 5 years to go...

Tankman
11-25-2009, 12:16 PM
Since you know so much about the Shire eh AJ? :p I'm beginning to think you must be an Aussie actually ;)

Lemon Custard
11-25-2009, 12:19 PM
Ah. All the best with your dissertation then. What's it on?

2nd year International Studies/Law at New South. And another 5 years to go...

I'm doing a Master of Applied Theatre Studies and my dissertation is... uhh... complicated!!

7 years? Planning on doing some postgrad work?

Lemon Custard
11-25-2009, 12:21 PM
Everything stereotypical about the Shire is true.

Before you begin, I'm 5'7" and have hairless toes... :lol:

Tankman
11-25-2009, 12:25 PM
I'm doing a Master of Applied Theatre Studies and my dissertation is... uhh... complicated!!

7 years? Planning on doing some postgrad work?

:lol: Okay then I won't ask any further.

That's the actual length of my degree. Undergrad. Excessive, I know, but International Studies adds a year to your law degree because of exchange. It would also normally be six, but I had to defer part of this year, meaning I have to take another year unless I can catch up.

Action Jackson
11-25-2009, 12:25 PM
Since you know so much about the Shire eh AJ? :p I'm beginning to think you must be an Aussie actually ;)

Go to Carmens and then you see the Shire in full flow.

Lemon Custard
11-25-2009, 12:27 PM

For the record, I've never been! I've actually spent most of my drinking life living on my uni campus at a residential college... So that stereotype I do not fit. No Northies either... But normally when I'm home I just city it.

Lemon Custard
11-25-2009, 12:31 PM
:lol: Okay then I won't ask any further.

That's the actual length of my degree. Undergrad. Excessive, I know, but International Studies adds a year to your law degree because of exchange. It would also normally be six, but I had to defer part of this year, meaning I have to take another year unless I can catch up.

Wow.. International adds a year? That's annoying.. Do you do any languages to justify that year, or?

Tankman
11-25-2009, 12:32 PM

I had to actually Google that.

You must be from Sydney. Of course that makes me an idiot if everyone on MTF already knew that, but meh :lol:

Lemon Custard
11-25-2009, 12:34 PM
Not just Sydney... Waaaaay too close to the Shire. My guess is Wollongong. Or Dapto, but that would just be embarrassing.

Tankman
11-25-2009, 12:35 PM
Wow.. International adds a year? That's annoying.. Do you do any languages to justify that year, or?

Well it schedules mandatory language study for your 1st to 4th years. Of course all of that language study will be wasted since I want to go to Georgetown :lol:

International = glorified Arts degree. It's just mandatory exchange, mandatory language, and a very structured series of courses. Your exchange marks actually count as well. But hey I guess I knew what I was getting into when I signed up so it's cool.

Tankman
11-25-2009, 12:36 PM
Not just Sydney... Waaaaay too close to the Shire. My guess is Wollongong. Or Dapto, but that would just be embarrassing.

Or he could be from the Shire... heh he could even be your next door neighbour Amy :devil:

Action Jackson
11-25-2009, 12:38 PM
Tank, no I lived in Sydney for a year.

Lemon Custard
11-25-2009, 12:39 PM
Well it schedules mandatory language study for your 1st to 4th years. Of course all of that language study will be wasted since I want to go to Georgetown :lol:

International = glorified Arts degree. It's just mandatory exchange, mandatory language, and a very structured series of courses. Your exchange marks actually count as well. But hey I guess I knew what I was getting into when I signed up so it's cool.

Ahh! I thought that must be it. I wanted to go to Georgetown after I went there, it's incredibly beautiful... but no theatre department, unfortunately. NYU it is! haha!

Or he could be from the Shire... heh he could even be your next door neighbour Amy :devil:

Nah.. no matter how many people us Shire kids know who fit certain stereotypes, we generally don't bash ourselves...

Tankman
11-25-2009, 12:40 PM
Tank, no I lived in Sydney for a year.

Cool. So I guess you just know all the good pubs and clubs eh?

Action Jackson
11-25-2009, 12:43 PM
Not really Tankman, the job I had at the time, involves me going around the city. The insular peninsula of the Northern Beaches, the Shire is more inbred than parts of Tasmania.

Most of the places I know are gone.

Tankman
11-25-2009, 12:44 PM
Ahh! I thought that must be it. I wanted to go to Georgetown after I went there, it's incredibly beautiful... but no theatre department, unfortunately. NYU it is! haha!

NYU looks incredibly cool from what I've seen in friends' pics... their dorms in particular look more like exec suites than your average college dorm.

Tankman
11-25-2009, 12:45 PM
Not really Tankman, the job I had at the time, involves me going around the city. The insular peninsula of the Northern Beaches, the Shire is more inbred than parts of Tasmania.

Most of the places I know are gone.

They are quite parochial, I'll give you that.

A Barden Ridge mate of mine took great offence when I commented how similar it was to Berowra :lol:

Lemon Custard
11-25-2009, 12:47 PM
NYU looks incredibly cool from what I've seen in friends' pics... their dorms in particular look more like exec suites than your average college dorm.

My college room was sooooo tiny! I deserve something nice! I want to go to Tisch specifically, PHD Directing.. It's dream school number 2, behind NIDA, still waiting to hear on second round for that last one..

Lemon Custard
11-25-2009, 12:48 PM

:lol:

Lemon Custard
11-25-2009, 12:49 PM

A Barden Ridge mate of mine took great offence when I commented how similar it was to Berowra :lol:

Ohh the Ridge!! Classic.

Tankman
11-25-2009, 12:51 PM
My college room was sooooo tiny! I deserve something nice! I want to go to Tisch specifically, PHD Directing.. It's dream school number 2, behind NIDA, still waiting to hear on second round for that last one..

I guess you'll end up being across the road then if you get into NIDA. Or are you at New South already?

Action Jackson
11-25-2009, 12:51 PM

Well then there is Campsie, it's either Lebanese or Korean, hehe.

Barden Ridge, hahahaha, it's Lucas Heights and no matter how much they want to deny it. The best part is Baulkham Hills, that is just Parramatta Heights.

Lemon Custard
11-25-2009, 12:53 PM
I guess you'll end up being across the road then if you get into NIDA. Or are you at New South already?

Naaaahh, I'd really like to get in though, so if you could just wander across the road and put in a good word for me, that'd be awesome. ;)

Tankman
11-25-2009, 12:58 PM
Well then there is Campsie, it's either Lebanese or Korean, hehe.

Barden Ridge, hahahaha, it's Lucas Heights and no matter how much they want to deny it. The best part is Baulkham Hills, that is just Parramatta Heights.

Ethnic ghettoes are all the rage in Sydney nowadays. Auburn is half Lebanese, half Chinese... and go to Eastwood and you'll see East Korea and West Chinatown. Baulkos are funny too... thinking that now they have the second best selective school in the state, they actually mean something. They'll always be second to Ruse :D

And yeah, I'll just have to keep reminding him that they have that nuclear reactor right on their doorstep :devil:

Naaaahh, I'd really like to get in though, so if you could just wander across the road and put in a good word for me, that'd be awesome. ;)

We'll see next time I make the trek south ;)

Lemon Custard
11-25-2009, 01:05 PM
Suggestive...

Are you going to Medibank?

Tankman
11-25-2009, 01:21 PM
Suggestive...

Are you going to Medibank?

I should be. I couldn't go to the tourney during the week last year cos I was busy, but I did get tickets to the final with Nieminen :) However, this time I intend to be there for most of the week - at least Mon-Wed :cool:

Shafanovic
11-26-2009, 10:55 AM
Whee. I'm going from Sunday to Wednesday I think. :D

Nice to meet you guys :D

Tankman
11-26-2009, 11:16 AM
Awesome. Nice to meet you too :) If you want to seek me out, look out for an Asian guy with glasses (yes very useful I know :lol:) and a blue Nike/Georgia Tech cap.

Lemon Custard
11-26-2009, 12:45 PM
Whee. I'm going from Sunday to Wednesday I think. :D

Nice to meet you guys :D

Nice to meet you too:). I should be there most days... The $9 ground pass thrills me greatly and it's sooo easy to get to.

Awesome. Nice to meet you too :) If you want to seek me out, look out for an Asian guy with glasses (yes very useful I know :lol:) and a blue Nike/Georgia Tech cap.

Haha! I'll be the 22 year old caucasian girl with dark brown hair (unless I change it before then), dressed weather appropriate, possibly with other 22 year old girls.. I dare you to find me!

Shafanovic
11-26-2009, 12:51 PM
If you want to seek me out...

ummm.. add me on facebook :p

17 year old asian guy with purple/red hair in the sun :rocker: Yep I'm cool.

Tankman
11-26-2009, 12:52 PM
Haha! I'll be the 22 year old caucasian girl with dark brown hair (unless I change it before then), dressed weather appropriate, possibly with other 22 year old girls.. I dare you to find me!

Oh yeah thanks for the great description :p

Somehow I'm not all that keen on embarrassing myself by going up to every young dark brown haired girl I see asking her if she's Lemon Custard :o :lol:

leng jai
11-26-2009, 12:53 PM
If by Sydney you mean Melbourne then why yes, I am from Sydney.

Tankman
11-26-2009, 12:53 PM
If you want to seek me out...

ummm.. add me on facebook :p

I only have your first name and suburb to go on :p

Way cool. Well at least you'll be easy to find :cool:

Tankman
11-26-2009, 12:54 PM
If by Sydney you mean Melbourne then why yes, I am from Sydney.

mate don't even try :p

on the other hand...

we could start calling this the Asian-Australian Boys' thread eh? :D

(jks Amy ;))

bad gambler
11-26-2009, 12:56 PM
Yep

Lemon Custard
11-26-2009, 12:57 PM
Oh yeah thanks for the great description :p

Somehow I'm not all that keen on embarrassing myself by going up to every young dark brown haired girl I see asking her if she's Lemon Custard :o :lol:

I'll be the one girl who doesn't give you a confused dirty look! (there are also photos of me in the pics thread which may help.... haha)

Tankman
11-26-2009, 12:59 PM
Yep

You replying to my question? :p

I'll be the one girl who doesn't give you a confused dirty look! (there are also photos of me in the pics thread which may help.... haha)

That morass of posts? Haha ok... advanced search time :D

Lemon Custard
11-26-2009, 01:00 PM

Fudge? I did that on my birthday this year for Shave for a Cure.. Thrilling. Not really. It was the only colour I could think of that I hadn't already been. Now I'm just boring though. :)

Tankman
11-26-2009, 01:02 PM
Well I guess now I know what you look like, I guess I should post a more recent picture on the thread instead of the kindy pics I have up now hehe.

Lemon Custard
11-26-2009, 01:12 PM
Duuuude... how tall are you?

Tankman
11-26-2009, 01:20 PM
1.65 :o

for about 3 years I was still thinking I'd grow a bit taller, but I've given up now *sighs*

I guess the pic exaggerates the height disparity though haha... the teacher I'm standing next to barely fit under the classroom doorway back in the day.

Lemon Custard
11-26-2009, 01:21 PM
That's not too bad!! Besides, guys continue to grow until they're 25. Girls stop much earlier though... :(

Tankman
11-26-2009, 01:23 PM
Really? I thought it was around 20-21. So I guess there's still hope for me :D

From your pics you seem to be a decent height though... how tall are you?

bad gambler
11-26-2009, 01:23 PM
You replying to my question? :p

Correct

Have lived in the North West for most of my life, once I got hitched I moved to the eastern suburbs have hated it here. Looking to move back in the new year

Action Jackson
11-26-2009, 01:26 PM
Not a fan of Jewcluse then BG?

Tankman
11-26-2009, 01:26 PM
Correct

Have lived in the North West for most of my life, once I got hitched I moved to the eastern suburbs have hated it here. Looking to move back in the new year

East, South East, or Subcontinent?

And you don't mind the commute? (I guess I'm assuming you work in the city like almost everyone else :lol:)

Lemon Custard
11-26-2009, 01:27 PM
From your pics you seem to be a decent height though... how tall are you?

Not really! I just have short friends!:lol: I'm 170cm... I wish I was taller though. I'm a basketball player and I stopped growing when I was 14. Deeply depressing :(

Tankman
11-26-2009, 01:34 PM
:lol: Ok.

Except you remain taller than me :o

Shafanovic
11-27-2009, 05:36 AM
I'm 1.79 I think. Or somewhere around there :D

Look me up guys, Christopher Koewandhono. Should be the only one there =.=

Tankman
11-27-2009, 05:48 AM
Indeed you are. :) Coming into your HSC year eh? All the best with that mate

Tankman
12-17-2009, 04:40 AM
BUMP

Where is everyone? :p

Lemon Custard
12-17-2009, 04:42 AM
At home (finally.. I drove for 6 hours from uni yesterday) and now I'm camping in front of the air con. Why does it keep teasing to rain but not actually doing it? BOO!

Tankman
12-17-2009, 05:09 AM
Same here. At a nice and frosty 23 degrees :lol:

Pfft I know eh? Storm clouds are rumbling around my place right now. It was cloudy yesterday when I flew in from Perth too but nothing happened

bad gambler
12-17-2009, 05:55 AM
East, South East, or Subcontinent?

And you don't mind the commute? (I guess I'm assuming you work in the city like almost everyone else :lol:)

I'm used to the travel. Had to travel to school and uni which were both in the city for 9 years.

bad gambler
12-17-2009, 05:56 AM
We need the rain, been unbearably hot for the past couple of days

Tankman
12-17-2009, 06:36 AM
I'm used to the travel. Had to travel to school and uni which were both in the city for 9 years.

Ah fair enough. Having travelled to schools in Chatswood, Carlingford and now uni in the city, I'm pretty much the same.

Did you guys get hail just then?

Kolya
12-17-2009, 11:01 AM
Sydney weather :tennis:

Lemon Custard
12-17-2009, 11:42 AM
Did you guys get hail just then?

I didn't... and I'm still waiting on the change. BOOO!!

leng jai
12-17-2009, 11:48 AM
Been raining all day in Melbourne. It was 40 degrees just yesterday.

Tankman
12-17-2009, 12:06 PM
Sydney weather :tennis:

You suffering as well? :p Or are you actually enjoying it?

Kolya
12-17-2009, 02:43 PM
You suffering as well? :p Or are you actually enjoying it?

I love summer :cool:

Tankman
12-18-2009, 06:39 AM
:ras:

Good for you I suppose :lol:

I'd probably be more suited to living in Germany or Canada or Alaska or somewhere like that :)

Kolya
12-19-2009, 12:30 AM
You must have loved the rain.

Lemon Custard
12-19-2009, 11:40 PM
I stayed in the city last night... just hung out in a hotel room (loooong story) and I was looking out over Darling Harbour from the window and then, thrillingly enough, there were random fireworks at 8:30. Apparently it happens every Saturday around Christmas. Did the publicise this at all? No one seemed to know it was going to happen.

Tankman
12-21-2009, 12:30 AM
You must have loved the rain.

:cool:

I stayed in the city last night... just hung out in a hotel room (loooong story) and I was looking out over Darling Harbour from the window and then, thrillingly enough, there were random fireworks at 8:30. Apparently it happens every Saturday around Christmas. Did the publicise this at all? No one seemed to know it was going to happen.

Wow. I didn't know that they did this.... it's news to me :o :lol: