Let's hope Murray/Verdasco will be scheduled before Fed/Potro [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Let's hope Murray/Verdasco will be scheduled before Fed/Potro

Satanic Pasteur
11-24-2009, 10:40 PM
Because if Federer/Del Potro are up first an eventual victory by Potro would eliminate Verdasco from the competition and as we know him he could then not fight properly against the Scot and give him the match so would be fair that Verdasco play first on thursday.

Andi-M
11-24-2009, 10:42 PM
It'll be scheduled to favor home player. I expect Murray -Verdasco to be 2nd.

dylan24
11-24-2009, 10:44 PM
someone needs to be shot
if murray gets to play 2nd.

DorianGray7
11-24-2009, 10:46 PM
Well Federer going to drop like a piano on Del Petro so it drop matter anyway. He wants vengence for the US Open final, man I would not want to be on the other end of his rage.

tektonac
11-24-2009, 10:56 PM
[QUOTE=Let's hope Murray/Verdasco will be scheduled before Fed/Potro.[/QUOTE]

very true, hairdasco is mental safina, but hope he can pull this one out. brits would be furious :mad:

madmax
11-24-2009, 10:58 PM
Well Federer going to drop like a piano on Del Petro so it drop matter anyway. He wants vengence for the US Open final, man I would not want to be on the other end of his rage.

:devil::devil: Well said here, poor lumberjack will be left helpless in front of the GOAT rage...

fsoica
11-24-2009, 11:22 PM
of course it will be before the main show ;)
the OOP for thursday it's on ATP website already

duong
11-25-2009, 07:14 AM
Murray will play first according to the tournament's website

BlueSwan
11-25-2009, 07:49 AM
I think the rankings system should more or less prevent tanking of matches. A win gives the plaer 200 points, which is pretty good fro winning one match - it's almost like winning an entire 250 tournament.

Acer
11-25-2009, 08:41 AM
Make them play at the same time. On the same court.

duong
11-25-2009, 08:49 AM
I think the rankings system should more or less prevent tanking of matches. A win gives the plaer 200 points, which is pretty good fro winning one match - it's almost like winning an entire 250 tournament.

yes I think the same (but of course there's a "more or less" motivation :lol: ).

Anyway, it's good that they scheduled like that since every player will have a chance at the moment when he starts playing.

avocadoe
11-25-2009, 09:04 AM
Verdasco will relax and play for pride and pleasure, I think.

duong
11-25-2009, 09:10 AM
Please note that for the rankings, only winning a match counts :

if a player loses his final group match and gets semi-final qualifying by any game or set or other ratio (it's not Verdasco's case), the qualifying for the semifinal doesn't give any point to him : it's only a matter of prestige

... and more importantly of course having a chance to qualify to the final :lol:

but if you lose in the semifinal, the fact of qualifying or not for this SF doesn't change anything for the rankings : only winning a match counts.

Ivanatis
11-25-2009, 09:45 AM
well..Verdasco will lose to Murray anyway, probably in 2, so it's not that important

Voo de Mar
11-25-2009, 09:57 AM
Definitely Murray should play first to create better drama.

duong
11-25-2009, 10:05 AM
Definitely Murray should play first to create better drama.

once again we know that Murray will play first, it's official on the tournament's website :

http://www.barclaysatpworldtourfinals.com/Schedule/Schedule-Landing.aspx

I don't know if they took the opening poster's argument into account to decide that, but that would be sensible to use that argument to decide such things.

Satanic Pasteur
11-25-2009, 01:38 PM
I don't know if they took the opening poster's argument into account to decide that, but that would be sensible to use that argument to decide such things.

Yes, I am the ATP chief in Mongolia:angel: