Winner of the WTF finals... [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Winner of the WTF finals...

theseth1119
11-23-2009, 06:01 PM
If the following player wins, what does it mean to you?

To me the following questions can be asked for each of the following guys winning...

Rogie: Is he reborn?

Rafa: Is he back?

Chokovic: Is he the best on the ATP right now?

Murray: Can he now win the big GS title that's alluded him?

Del Potro: Is he for real or just had some luck?

Davydenko: Is he ever going to win another big title?

Verdasco: Did he win because everyone else collapsed?

Soderling: Is he the luckiest man on Earth?

Tsonga/Gonzalez (alternates): Did they benefit from 1 or 2 guys pulling out with injury?

Now for my comments on each guy winning:

Rogie: 4 GS finals, 2 GS titles, 2 TMS wins, and a YEC event, 5 titles, excellent 2009.

Rafa: 6 titles (AO, WTF being the biggest and some TMS as well), a great 2009 overall.

Chokovic: 6 titles (mainly Paris and the WTF being big), a very good end to 2009.

Murray: 7 titles, most on the ATP, finally wins a big title (WTF), a good 2009 overall.

Del Potro: 4 titles, USO and WTF titles being huge, for him it'd be an awesome 2009.

Davydenko: Several titles, some wins over top players, finally would've won a big title (WTF).

Verdasco: Would be like the fairy tale/story book ending if he win the WTF, great 2009 overall.

Soderling: If he wins the WTF it would be a win for the ages, would give him a decent 2009.

Tsonga/Gonzalez: Were fortunate someone (or two guys) got injured and benefited, ok 2009.

What questions/comments do you have for each guy winning the WTF?

Everko
11-23-2009, 06:23 PM
put your Soderling answer next to Federer

Certinfy
11-23-2009, 06:28 PM
Murray - Makes this year better due to poor results as a whole at GS's

Soderling - Makes the year even more awesome

Del Potro - Makes this a completely amazing year

Federer - Stamps his authority on the rest of the field and shows he's ready for 2010

Verdasco - Shows he's able to beat the best consistantly

Davydenko - Would possibly make this 1 of his best ever years on tour, and may give him confidence to go a little further in next year's GS's.

Djokovic - Amazing end to 2009, shows he's defo back in form and will be a real force for 2010.

Rafa - Shows he's getting back to where he feels he should be, makes it a great year.

pray-for-palestine-and-israel
11-23-2009, 06:40 PM
His name is Robert Paulson.......... uhhh i mean his name is Novak Djokovic and he's playing great right now so stop the hate train

(slightly off topic)

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20091123/tuk-girl-in-heels-dies-after-slipping-un-45dbed5.html

please say a prayer for this poor girl who died at such a young age- no one should go so young.

Ivanatis
11-23-2009, 06:49 PM
:confused:

Byrd
11-23-2009, 06:54 PM
His name is Robert Paulson.......... uhhh i mean his name is Novak Djokovic and he's playing great right now so stop the hate train

(slightly off topic)

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20091123/tuk-girl-in-heels-dies-after-slipping-un-45dbed5.html

please say a prayer for this poor girl who died at such a young age- no one should go so young.

Wtf does this have to do with tennis?, what a dick...

Ad Wim
11-23-2009, 08:21 PM
What a moron, this theset1119. Giving Djokovic a funny name, while keeping the other names normal, while Djokovic is clearly the best right now...

theseth1119
11-23-2009, 08:49 PM
What a moron, this theset1119. Giving Djokovic a funny name, while keeping the other names normal, while Djokovic is clearly the best right now...

I've been calling him Chokovic since the beginning of this year. Remember when he was 1 win away from taking the #2 ranking and pushing Rogie down to #3, well he choked that match away by losing to Jarkko Nieminen. You know darn right well that the Djoker had no business losing to a very diminshed player who was never great to begin with in Jarkko Nieminen. For this reason, I felt he choked the big opportunity away and have called him Chokovic ever since.