London RR: Federer def. Verdasco 4-6, 7-5, 6-1 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

London RR: Federer def. Verdasco 4-6, 7-5, 6-1

habibko
11-22-2009, 10:57 PM
what a Spartan this Roger :worship: digging deep and fighting through absolutely crap form to turn the match around and break an on-fire Verdasco's spirit, something Murray failed to do in AO, VAMOS!!

whattheheck
Roger started playing better in the second set, but what was that with Fernando in the 3rd set? Nando just faded completely.

cakedraw
:haha:

l_mac
11-22-2009, 10:58 PM
:haha:

TheBoiledEgg
good comeback after awful 1st set

Roger :) :banana:

MariaV
Thank you very much Verchoker. :retard: :rolleyes:

cakedraw
Nando was literally too strong for Fed in the first set and till the last game of the second, then, well, typical for Nando

TMJordan
:yeah:

cocrcici
11-22-2009, 10:59 PM
:rolleyes::haha:

Dini
He won a match. :speakles:

MrChopin
Sparterer certainly showed up today. Gave away the first set and then stepped it up to grit out a big win. No choke here.

Fed Express
11-22-2009, 11:00 PM
Well after a horrible first set, Federer actually played pretty good.

habibko
He won a match. :speakles:

yes he did :tears: what a display in the 3rd set :worship: we missed you Roger :hearts:

tennizen
Amazing display of tennis from the GOAT:worship:

Bilbo
expected one

phelbyn
Well done Fed! Makes life that much simpler for securing year-end #1. Good luck next two!

Voo de Mar
I think Verdasco had been playing very good match until 5:6 (15-15). He had very good position on the court from which he usually plays winners but this time played a tentative shot which allowed Federer to play a moon-lob - Nando replied with an embarrassing overhead inside own court and it was over...

Byrd
11-22-2009, 11:01 PM
what a Spartan this Roger :worship: digging deep and fighting through absolutely crap form to turn the match around and break an on-fire Verdasco's spirit, something Murray failed to do in AO, VAMOS!!

I'm pretty sure you was bricking it when Fed was 5-5 in the 2nd, shame Verdasco is such a brainless choker.

cakedraw
11-22-2009, 11:02 PM
I think Verdasco had been playing very good match until 5:6 (15-15). He had very good position on the court from which he usually plays winners but this time played a tentative shot which allowed Federer to play a moon-lob - Nando replied with an embarrassing overhead inside own court and it was over...

It's ridiculous how he chokes matches away after not managing to play hilariously easy shots

martinatreue
11-22-2009, 11:03 PM
Good news! Roger won 59% of his games. Murray only 58% :D :devil:

madmax
11-22-2009, 11:03 PM
well done champ - need to keep those pigeons in check:devil:

Michael Bluth
11-22-2009, 11:04 PM
Take the title baby!

bluefork
11-22-2009, 11:05 PM
Federer pulled it together just in time. Good form in the final set.

This is his deciding set win since Cincy. :tape:

Dini
It's ridiculous how he chokes matches away after not managing to play hilariously easy shots

That shot was not easy that he was attempting but Verdasco was guilty of assuming Fed's lob was out so he didn't have as much time to control the shot hence the embarrassing error. :o

Corey Feldman
average stuff again, only good point is the win might help him up his game more from now on

Nole fan
Federror... :o
Verdasco... huge mental breakdown. :wavey:

SerenaFederer
11-22-2009, 11:06 PM
finally some tennis after that :smash: 1st set :worship: locking up that #1

asmazif
11-22-2009, 11:07 PM
Nanda had done pretty much nothing wrong up to this point, but at 5-5 2nd set, I knew he would lose the set 5-7 and do shit all in the third. Good ol' predictable future.

cakedraw
11-22-2009, 11:07 PM
That shot was not easy that he was attempting but Verdasco was guilty of assuming Fed's lob was out so he didn't have as much time to control the shot hence the embarrassing error. :o

agree, but still got to remember that missed smash against Murray not long ago, that was key moment of the game.

Sunset of Age
11-22-2009, 11:08 PM
Fernando Fiasco! :worship:

:haha: Crazy match. Verdasco was playing very solid in that first set where he faced... eh... Shankerer, or is it Federror? :scratch:

Awful display by Feds, nothing was working and it looked like his very weak ROS was going to be fatal this time. Verdasco looked on his way to win this in straights, as for most of the second set he still seemed to be the better player still, even if Federror started to look more like Federer during the course of it. And then... massive choke at 5:6, 15-15. What a mess. :speakles:
From that point on it was a done deal.

Congrats, Feddie, and don't forget to send Verdasco a Christmas card this year! :hatoff:

SaFed2005
11-22-2009, 11:08 PM
Nando was literally too strong for Fed in the first set and till the last game of the second, then, well, typical for Nando

Do you know what choking is? The entire 2nd set was an even contest until 5-5 where both oplayers got tight while serving. Until 5-5 both of them were holding very easily. At 5 all Fed played some bad forehand errors and almost gave Verdasco the break. Verdasco did the same thing serving at 5-6 but unlike Fed he was unable to hold after making some bad play.

That's the difference between a good player and a great player, isn't it?
I can't really agree with anyone who says, he choked the 2nd set away. To me choking means that he was in a great position to win that set and then lost with with some tight plays, but he was never in that position.

l_mac
11-22-2009, 11:09 PM
Sparterer certainly showed up today. Gave away the first set and then stepped it up to grit out a big win. No choke here.

Except for Nando's choke at the end of the 2nd set.

Bascule
:haha: just another one mug unable to finish the job

Riffrizzle
I thought the commentator was wrong about Federer locking up #1. He needs to win 3 matches to be 100% secure. 1 RR match = 200 points, thus Feds lead at the moment is ~1145, which is less than the 1500 total points that Nadal can win if he doesn't lose a single match.

Corey Feldman
.. well the Spanish are known for choking

ChinoRios4Ever
11-22-2009, 11:10 PM
Nifd!

Roamed
Tight situation and escaped so good to see he can still do it mentally... helped along by a brainfart from Verdasco though.

cakedraw
Do you know what choking is? The entire 2nd set was an even contest until 5-5 where both oplayers got tight while serving. Until 5-5 both of them were holding very easily. At 5 all Fed played some bad forehand errors and almost gave Verdasco the break. Verdasco did the same thing serving at 5-6 but unlike Fed he was unable to hold after making some bad play.

That's the difference between a good player and a great player, isn't it?
I can't really agree with anyone who says, he choked the 2nd set away. To me choking means that he was in a great position to win that set and then lost with with some tight plays, but he was never in that position.

Verdasco > Federer until that last game of the 2nd set, he outclassed Fed in most of the rallies and then after missing that he just flopped, I believe that is a choke, knowing that Nando is used to these kind of meltdowns. And good player, bad player, well, how bad is Verdasco if he's playing the biggest event?

Dini
11-22-2009, 11:11 PM
Federror... :o
Verdasco... huge mental breakdown. :wavey:

Upon reflection, Federror only appeared full mode in the first set. 4 consecutive errors on his very first service game, looking unusually nervous and shaky. Couldn't return Verdasco's serve to save his life in that set either. In the 2nd set, however, he was getting more looks and chances at breaking Fernando's serve, but he hung with Fed with some clutch play. Then came five all and that awkward lob. I think Fer just mentally collapsed after that but Roger had really cleaned up his game by that point with only something like 6 errors in the set. The third was a combination of a lengthy brainfart by Verdasco and Federer serving really well and keeping the momentum he gained at the end of the second.

guga2120
11-22-2009, 11:12 PM
Verdasco, nice choke. It's great to see so many players press so much playing Roger ;).

habibko
11-22-2009, 11:13 PM
:haha: just another one mug unable to finish the job

so Benneteau has magically attained Nadal-like mental fortitude against Roger while Verdasco the top 10 player hasn't?

the difference was the "come on" Fed roared early in the 1st set, which was the first of many, in stark contrast to his Paris match where he didn't bother at all, Verdasco was outclassed tonight and he knows it.

Fed was here to fight to the bitter end, that's what really counts, win or lose.

martinatreue
11-22-2009, 11:14 PM
Verdasco > Federer until that last game of the 2nd set, he outclassed Fed in most of the rallies and then after missing that he just flopped, I believe that is a choke, knowing that Nando is used to these kind of meltdowns. And good player, bad player, well, how bad is Verdasco if he's playing the biggest event?

sorry I disagree... Verdasco fell apart because Roger found the range on his shots and made Verdasco play more and more difficult shots. Roger was putting the return in with slice or flat balls and making Verdasco hit shots he doesn't like. Basically, Roger adjusted and cleaned up his game and once that happened the chances became reasonably good that he would win because his game is better.

MrChopin
11-22-2009, 11:15 PM

Hardly. Fed was trash during the first set+, true, but most of the pressure during the mid-late 2nd set was on Nando's serve, Fed holding comfortably and then getting to 0-30, 15-30, or deuce in a couple of those games.

Once Fed started serving and moving more aggressively early-mid second set, things started evening out. By the third, he was moving Nando around the court to then step in and hit winners from both wings. Easy to say it was simply a matter of Verdasco choking, and while its painfully obvious that a tennis match involves two players, ignoring Fed's change throughout the match merits such a note.

SetSampras
11-22-2009, 11:16 PM
Fed didnt win that match.. Verdasco just gave up after he hit the overhead smash to the umpire. Fed is very fortunate today. Hes going to have to seriously pick his game up. That was not a good display of tennis at all. He was an UE machine today, played a little too defensive. Hes going to have bring the goods when he comes up against a more credible opponent who doesnt just gift him the match

MurrayFan1
11-22-2009, 11:16 PM
Unfortunate lapse by Verdasco. He looked really great in the first set and a half.

18 uo's by Federer in the first set.

Dini
11-22-2009, 11:17 PM
Fed was really up for it. His body language was positive throughout the second set - a huge roar of a c'mon when he hit a forehand winner to go 5-4 up in the second set and a lot of other c'mons when he was in trouble at 5all 0-30 down. He looked really eager to play that third set flexing his muscles and serving lightly whilst Verdasco was in the toilet. Moving around literally like a lion ready to eat his lunch. :p I haven't seen that positive attitude from him for a very long while.

I think he'll be in big trouble though against Murray if he plays as abysmally as he did in the first set.

MrChopin
11-22-2009, 11:20 PM
Fed didnt win that match.. Verdasco just gave up after he hit the overhead smash to the umpire. Fed is very fortunate today. Hes going to have to seriously pick his game up. That was not a good display of tennis at all. He was an UE machine today, played a little too defensive. Hes going to have bring the goods when he comes up against a more credible opponent who doesnt just gift him the match

He hit two dtl BH winners at 2-0 in the third, shanked a BH, and then hit a third dtl BH to open up a dtl FH winner for the double break. That's more game than I've seen from Fed in a while, similar to the Madrid '09 strategy except he was not quite as fluid here (though he was further into the court on the FHs).

There was nothing about Verdasco giving up in those three points, or similarly, a lot more of the third than most here are claiming.

cakedraw
11-22-2009, 11:21 PM
First set was a give away and as always Fed needed a lot of time to adjust, but from Nando point of view I think he played brilliantly, the passing shots, the forehand, I mean everything was going his way, small ue amount, but then he just gave up, the third set was a :help: of clear mental weakness, consequences of the choke. But Federer was excellent in staying put, fought back after struggling in some games, he was really close to being 0-40 before that crucial last game in the 2nd set. Hope he starts a lot more stronger when he faces Murray.

madmax
11-22-2009, 11:22 PM
It's official baby - Fed WANTS this shit and cares here:bowdown: Scottish pusher better watch out now...

Doggy
11-22-2009, 11:22 PM
Expected choke from Nando, he's just a boy toy, used for grinding it out in the bedroom. :sad: :D :drool:

Michael Bluth
11-22-2009, 11:23 PM
I don't think the year-end no.1 is clinched either. I think it will be if either Nadal loses tomorrow or if Fed beats Murray.

SetSampras
11-22-2009, 11:25 PM
It's official baby - Fed WANTS this shit and cares here:bowdown: Scottish pusher better watch out now...

I dont think Murray is going to just mentally collapse downward as Verdasco did. And if Fed brings to Murray what he brought today, I think Murray is coming out with the victory

Midnight Ninja
11-22-2009, 11:25 PM
I don't think the year-end no.1 is clinched either. I think it will be if either Nadal loses tomorrow or if Fed beats Murray.

Nadal has to go undefeated now.

Federer still needs to win two more matches if he wants to clinch it irrespective of what Nadal does.

Bascule
11-22-2009, 11:28 PM
so Benneteau has magically attained Nadal-like mental fortitude against Roger while Verdasco the top 10 player hasn't?

the difference was the "come on" Fed roared early in the 1st set, which was the first of many, in stark contrast to his Paris match where he didn't bother at all, Verdasco was outclassed tonight and he knows it.

Fed was here to fight to the bitter end, that's what really counts, win or lose.

No matters how bad the top players could be (top 3 lately), they usually win the matches with the mental midgets who almost come to the end and then get scared b/c they can defeat someone they never could before. I haven't seen match with Bennetau, but suppose the exception confirms the rule.

Montego
11-22-2009, 11:30 PM
Verdasco is hillarious, so much tennis in such little brain.

Nole fan
11-22-2009, 11:32 PM
Fed was really up for it. His body language was positive throughout the second set - a huge roar of a c'mon when he hit a forehand winner to go 5-4 up in the second set and a lot of other c'mons when he was in trouble at 5all 0-30 down. He looked really eager to play that third set flexing his muscles and serving lightly whilst Verdasco was in the toilet. Moving around literally like a lion ready to eat his lunch. :p I haven't seen that positive attitude from him for a very long while.

I think he'll be in big trouble though against Murray if he plays as abysmally as he did in the first set.

So true. When I saw Federer flexing and serving with so much anticipation before the third set I thought he was on four wheels to win the thing and that it was over for Fernando. He didn't prove me wrong, but I didn't expect the huge meltdown from Verdasco either...

Burrow
11-22-2009, 11:35 PM
The Verdasco backhand has to be one of the ugliest and least fluid looking shots in tennis.

SaFed2005
11-22-2009, 11:37 PM

I did not say good player and bad player.
I said GREAT player vs. GOOD player. If Verdasco was bad, you are right he would not be in this elite event with the top 8 players in the world. I still disagree with you that Verdasco was in control of the second set. I was watching the and at no point in the 2nd set was Verdasco in control. He was actually always playing catchup, since he served second. Both players were holding EASILY until 5-5. Verdasco was in control of points on his service games while Fed was controlling points on his service games.

Nole fan
11-22-2009, 11:37 PM

Don't get too excited, I don't think Fed is in the right form to beat all top 5 players in the world. After all he just struggled to win against Verdasco, by far the weakest opponent in the WTF finals.

elessar
11-22-2009, 11:39 PM
Don't get too excited, I don't think Fed is in the right form to beat all top 5 players in the world. After all he just struggled to win against Verdasco, by far the weakest opponent in the WTF finals.
What do you think WTF means?

Great play to turn it around and to pull off 4 clean winners (including 3 BHs :hearts:) to break in the third :yeah:

Vida
11-22-2009, 11:45 PM
extended weak era mug clown chokes again. surprise, surprise. fed :yeah: for drumming the bewildered 'sco with your left hand.

paseo
11-23-2009, 12:01 AM
1st set -> ShitFed, Fed newest doppelganger. ShitFed gives FedError a bad name.
2nd set -> I think it's about even, but Fed was a little better mentally. 5-5 *0-30, Fed got through it. But, when Verdasco was under preassure at 6-5*, he didn't make it.
3rd set -> Verdasco just fades away. While Fed keeps his momentum.

1st set apart, Fed is looking good. It's gonna be a tight match vs Murray. As for Verdasco, he should pray Delpo's bad form continues.

Alek
11-23-2009, 12:03 AM
So tired of haters... calling mugs 98% of the players.. I suppose all these people are much better tennis players... or probably top 10 in the job they do... :rolleyes: But well is even useless fight against that stupidity.

Fernando :( really hoped he could pull it through, but was going to be obviously tough. At least he seemed in good shape almost all the second set. Hopefully he'll work in the mental issues in the off season.

Well fought Roger, good luck in the next two matches.

Vamos Fernando, don't lose focus and win the next two matches too :D

scoobs
11-23-2009, 12:22 AM
Unfortunately yet another flatter to deceive performance from Verdasco. At 5-5 deuce he had chances to try and serve it out but couldn't find the plays...and effectively it was over, it went downhill very fast from there.

Roger had a lucky escape you might say, but then Verdasco is the kind of player who will often leave you an escape route, if not usher you right through it. Roger will need to cut out those sloppy first sets though.

l_mac
11-23-2009, 12:24 AM
Unfortunately yet another flatter to deceive performance from Verdasco. At 5-5 deuce he had chances to try and serve it out but couldn't find the plays...and effectively it was over, it went downhill very fast from there.

Roger had a lucky escape you might say, but then Verdasco is the kind of player who will often leave you an escape route, if not usher you right through it. Roger will need to cut out those sloppy first sets though.

What other days you going scoobert?

scoobs
11-23-2009, 12:27 AM
What other days you going scoobert?
Tomorrow.

I want to see Nadal humiliate Soderling. But I'll take just a win if necessary.

legolandbridge
11-23-2009, 12:28 AM
To clinch #1, the magic number for Federer was 3 coming into the tournament (combination of Fed wins and Nad loses). Now Fed's won one, so the number is 2.

l_mac
11-23-2009, 12:29 AM
Tomorrow.

I want to see Nadal humiliate Soderling. But I'll take just a win if necessary.

:hug: You're so sweet. He'll get thumped.

whattheheck
11-23-2009, 12:30 AM
Verdasco gave up plain and simple.

Arkulari
11-23-2009, 12:35 AM
"It was a crucial match for me to get off with a win in the round-robin stages," said Federer. "Fernando is a great player and I'm happy I was able to come through."

"I was down a set and only in the second set was I able to sort of get the ball into play, find my range, find my rhythm," confessed Federer. "I think this is also when I started to feel like I had chances. My first break points, I think I could have had them earlier if I played a bit earlier, but they came for set points, and it was a crucial moment for me because I knew the longer the match went on, the more my belief was going up and his was going down. Then in the third, I was able to play more freely. This is when I was really in the match."

:yeah:

http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/7020/rogelioverdascowtf09.png (http://img697.imageshack.us/i/rogelioverdascowtf09.png/)

oliverbwfc
11-23-2009, 12:49 AM
Rogerrrrrrrr :rocker2:

Dini
11-23-2009, 12:52 AM
chS7TtLzI58

His backhand looked pretty good in the 3rd set.

scoobs
11-23-2009, 12:54 AM
yes he hit some sweet backhands in the final set, made a nice change from the first when he didn't hit one, and only hit one forehand winner.

Kip
11-23-2009, 01:32 AM
Just when you think a mug will pull it out like a Champ
he quickly becomes the chump you know and......tolerate. :o

Jarl_02
11-23-2009, 01:37 AM
So tired of haters... calling mugs 98% of the players.. I suppose all these people are much better tennis players... or probably top 10 in the job they do... :rolleyes: But well is even useless fight against that stupidity.

You're right :worship:

RogerFan82
11-23-2009, 02:32 AM
Some sexy backhands in the 3rd set. Good one Rog :yeah:

malisha
11-23-2009, 03:11 AM
doubt Nando will play at this level again after this meltdown...both Donkey and Del Potro will crush him

Fed might win the tournament after this one

Rafa = Fed Killa
11-23-2009, 03:19 AM
what aSpartanthis Roger :worship: digging deep and fighting through absolutely crap form to turn the match around and break an on-fire Verdasco's spirit, something Murray failed to do in AO, VAMOS!!

Federer is anything but a Spartan.

The pansy got lucky that Verdasco got scared and started playing like a girl.

Geo
11-23-2009, 03:26 AM
Verdasco is never going to go any further in the rankings until he can beat some top 10 players :lol: he was so close today-catching Federer on a very off-day, and then when things got close in the 2nd, Roger saw Fernando was nervous. From that point on we all knew Verdasco was going to lose :spit:

certainly a sleepless night for Verdasco, while Federer has to feel better that he was able to turn things around.

RafitoGoat
11-23-2009, 03:57 AM
Verdasco looked like he knew everyone said he was the weakest player in the field and wanted to prove them wrong, and he did until the 3rd set when he lost his reason for living :yeah:

phelbyn
11-23-2009, 04:08 AM
Federer is anything but a Spartan.

The pansy got lucky that Verdasco got scared and started playing like a girl.

Yikes.. someone sounds a bit whiny... guess the road got that much tougher for Nadal to end up #1.

Fedexex
11-23-2009, 04:23 AM
welldone Roger:speakles::yeah:

RafitoGoat
11-23-2009, 04:25 AM
Yikes.. someone sounds a bit whiny... guess the road got that much tougher for Nadal to end up #1.

He still can finish number one if Federer loses in the semis, if he goes undefeated :yeah:

gulzhan
11-23-2009, 04:26 AM
Too bad Verdasco didn't bring it to tb :mad: That'd be fun to watch Fed under so much stress ;)

sawan66278
11-23-2009, 04:55 AM
Fernando had a REAL chance to win in straight sets...at 5-5, he missed quite a few opportunities for passes...and then, he pulled a typical "Fernando" choke (a la AO semi), and hit the worst overhead in the history of the sport to go down 15-30. From there, Fed cruised, and Fernando proved why his career highlight will likely be 2008's Davis Cup final.

Once Roger got his rhythm and timing down, he streamrolled. Still, losing a set to Verdasco...may come back to haunt him in the end when the semis are set.

Topspin Forehand
11-23-2009, 05:37 AM
What a choker this Verdasco is. Fed did nothing special. Verdasco just had an unforced error fest. Why can't he imitate Nadal's game as they got similar strokes. The difference is Nadal keeps his unforced errors low.

ForehandWinner
11-23-2009, 05:47 AM
Boy this match was boring.

networthy
11-23-2009, 05:52 AM
Big step for Federer toward regaining the year-end #1 position. By winning, he eliminated two of the four scenarios under which Nadal could overtake him.

Topspin Forehand
11-23-2009, 06:29 AM
Big step for Federer toward regaining the year-end #1 position. By winning, he eliminated two of the four scenarios under which Nadal could overtake him.
Nadal will take it back around the French Open or Wimbledon. Just hoping Djokovic won't pass both Nadal and Federer.

Foxy
11-23-2009, 07:44 AM
So after the first day whoever still states this group is tougher knows nothing about tennis.

Jōris
11-23-2009, 08:10 AM
Federror defeats Chokedasco, Murray should dominate this group.

dylan24
11-23-2009, 08:10 AM
good job fedex

fast_clay
11-23-2009, 08:13 AM
So after the first day whoever still states this group is tougher knows nothing about tennis.

no, its tough alright... some of the other players in the other group just make tennis look tougher though...

MIMIC
11-23-2009, 08:14 AM
Verdasco is an idiot. Can't be shitty Djokovic and can't beat shitty Federer. Why is he even here?

bokehlicious
11-23-2009, 08:19 AM
Lucky one this.

Fed won't win another match there unless he faces again useless chokers :rolleyes: :( :zzz:

:D

latso
11-23-2009, 08:31 AM
Just as expected. Verdasco - Muzza will decide the second best in this group, hopefully will be Nando.

Amazing display in first two sets, Roger found his return and BH in third

everything goes by the plan

Roger - Verdasco in the final, c'mooon :)

alter ego
11-23-2009, 08:33 AM
Roger, such a bad game. good thing you won but still. Hope you'll play bnetter tomorrow.

Apemant
11-23-2009, 10:01 AM
Nadal will take it back around the French Open or Wimbledon. Just hoping Djokovic won't pass both Nadal and Federer.

You are asuming Nadal would defend his 6000 points up to RG, which is FAR from given.

leng jai
11-23-2009, 10:08 AM
The gel lost its hold after the second set.

duong
11-23-2009, 10:40 AM

then I know nothing to tennis :shrug:

since now I think that group A is tougher indeed, because Murray and JMDP are in-form, contrary to what people thought. And Verdasco is rather in-form.

As for Federer, it's the first time since 2006 that he's won his first match in the Masters Cup : not so bad :lol:

Yves.
11-23-2009, 11:08 AM
Sloppy first service game cost him the first set. After that, good service performance and waited till he had an opportunity. Kudos to you, Roger:yeah:

Bernard Black
11-23-2009, 11:14 AM
I felt Federer's embarrassment in the first set, flailing away at the Verdasco serve and generally being dominated. Smart play from the Spaniard zoning in on the Federer backhand, and it took the Swiss a long time to get the timing going on that side. Verdasco gassed badly though which was a shame to see.

Great to see Federer in full flow towards the end, he was moving like a cat which I haven't seen from him in a long time, you could tell he was determined not to let this one slip away. It bodes well to see him taking on the backhand down the line even though it's really not a natural shot for him. Forehand was solid, and he even brought his grass slice into play. Along with some skillful net play, we really saw the full arsenal. He will be a handful this week I feel.

rofe
11-23-2009, 04:58 PM
noice

Corey Feldman
11-23-2009, 05:04 PM
noicewhat? ;)

rofe
11-23-2009, 05:20 PM
what? ;)

Fed found some confidence thanks to Verdasco. :-)

Beat
11-23-2009, 07:35 PM
:D a very important win IMO. three losses in a row would not have been good, naturally.

HKz
11-23-2009, 08:10 PM
Did any feel as though it seemed Roger was really trying to hit through his backhand today more than he has been lately? I mean obviously he is still playing a lot of slices, but when he was hitting some flatter and topspin backhands, it seems like he was really trying to crank up the pace a bit.

The Freak
11-24-2009, 02:01 AM
Pretty sure I cursed Nando in this one. First point i saw was the point at 6-4, 5-6 15-15 all, it was all downhill after i turned the TV on :o