From Federer perspective, what is the preferred result of Del Potro v Murray? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

From Federer perspective, what is the preferred result of Del Potro v Murray?

RafitoGoat
11-22-2009, 08:04 AM
Just wondering, if you want Federer to advance, what is the most preferred outcome of Del Potro v Murray? Interesting :yeah:

Fed Express
11-22-2009, 08:42 AM
A draw :yeah:

RafitoGoat
11-22-2009, 08:46 AM
A draw :yeah:

cool

n8
11-22-2009, 09:03 AM
If Federer wins all three matches then this match is pretty irrelevant. If he looses to one of these players, he will be better off if he looses to the winner to this match as then he'll be more likely to come second in the group. I think he is more likely to loose to Murray, therefore he should be hoping that Murray wins against del Potro.

That said, I don't think Federer is really hoping one way or another at this stage. He's just focusing on winning against Verdasco.

iriraz
11-22-2009, 10:12 AM
I don`t think Federer cares who wins this match but for him it would be ok if this would go to the distance.Winning in 2 or 3 might make a difference at the end of the group.

RafitoGoat
11-22-2009, 10:28 AM
I agree he'd want Murray to win, because Murray is more likely to beat Federer than Del Potro. If Del Potro beats Murray, and Murray beats Federer, then Federer is at risk of not making the semis.

JediFed
11-22-2009, 10:38 AM
Electric shock from the cameras disabling both players. :D

RafitoGoat
11-22-2009, 11:09 AM
Electric shock from the cameras disabling both players. :D

kewl

Vida
11-22-2009, 11:21 AM
thats easy.... that delpo slags off andy mum during changeover, and that andy breaks his head with a racket and than gets disqualified. :shrug:

n8
11-22-2009, 11:54 AM
I agree he'd want Murray to win, because Murray is more likely to beat Federer than Del Potro. If Del Potro beats Murray, and Murray beats Federer, then Federer is at risk of not making the semis.

Exactly. I'm glad you've joined the forums, you're cool.

Same logic goes for Nadal and the Djokovic-Davydenko match. I reckon Nadal is a better chance vs. Davydenko so he should be hoping that Djokovic beats Davydenko.

Goldenoldie
11-22-2009, 12:08 PM
I'd be very surprised if Federer was bothered at this stage, because he will believe he is going to win all 3 group matches.

Acer
11-22-2009, 12:15 PM
I'd be very surprised if Federer was bothered at this stage, because he will believe he is going to win all 3 group matches.

Federer believes he's going to win all 3 matches? Where did you get that from?

Garson007
11-22-2009, 12:20 PM
They call him Mr. Arrogant. :shrug:

born_on_clay
11-22-2009, 12:25 PM
I don' t think he cares

latso
11-22-2009, 12:30 PM
I believe that best Del Potro > best Murray, hence the one who wins the match will have the same good chances against Roger, hence the result for Roger is irrelevant.

A good Pony beat Roger in USO. A good Murray couldn't.

The best for Roger though is Murray to beat Pony in 2, which would mean that Pony is in the same terrible form still, as he was in the previous few tournaments.
That would be a relief, as only the mega best Pony has chances to beat Federer right now, while half a Pony is doomed.

Muzza in form or not is a tricky cunning oponent, so he's more likely to bother Fedex wether won or lost Del Potro.

To sum up - if Murray wins, Roger has only one real oponent for the top place in the group (except if it is in third set TB of course).

If Pony wins - Federer is in trouble as he will have 2 serious oponents, both able to beat him and have alrady done it.

My hope - Pony to perform as Nole 2 years ago (lost to everyone or 2 of the 3, don't remember, just as his bad form pre-finale was suggesting).

Also, we shouldn't forget Verdasco as he is becomming a tougher opnent for them all year after year.
If he pulls off an AO 2009 performance, he's gonna mess a lot of calculations.

I hope he does tbh.

Roger and Verdasco through the group and both in the final as well.

That would be a dream come true :)

And Roger to win it - that would be a bet won :cool:

RafitoGoat
11-22-2009, 12:36 PM
Verdasco seems to be the player we are all expecting to go 0-3, so he is the most important player in that he can screw up plans :lol: Verdasco's matches will be interesting for that reason :yeah: if he beats anyone then that player will end up missing the semis probably :lol:

latso
11-22-2009, 12:39 PM
Verdasco seems to be the player we are all expecting to go 0-3, so he is the most important player in that he can screw up plans :lol: Verdasco's matches will be interesting for that reason :yeah: if he beats anyone then that player will end up missing the semis probably :lol:
I believe that Verdasco has the same chances to get through as Murray and Pony will be the one with the 0-3.

Murray Verdasco will be the decider in this group, mark my words ;)

dodo
11-22-2009, 12:59 PM

like Roddick said to a journalist, when asked about how he can continue to go out and give it his best against Fed after so many beatings, "Well, thats what being a professional athlete is about. I guess thats why Im sitting over here and you over there".

Acer
11-22-2009, 01:54 PM
like Roddick said to a journalist, when asked about how he can continue to go out and give it his best against Fed after so many beatings, "Well, thats what being a professional athlete is about. I guess thats why Im sitting over here and you over there".

Your post is a bit irrelevant seeing as mine was a reply to a previous post that implied that Federer's belief stems from him being arrogant.

rhinooooo
11-22-2009, 01:57 PM

I think Hewitt said that.

Burrow
11-22-2009, 02:14 PM

didn't hewitt say that, not roddick