Federer and Nadal practising together at the 02 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Federer and Nadal practising together at the 02

Arkulari
11-21-2009, 08:33 PM
8KySdNpFieQ

They played a set which Roger won 6-3

so good to see how good their relationship is, they aren't BFFs, but they respect and like the other a LOT :)

Sunset of Age
11-21-2009, 08:34 PM
Thanks for posting Nat! :yeah:
Nice bit of moonballing from both. :lol:

Dini
11-21-2009, 08:34 PM
Generous of Rafa. :p

Burrow
11-21-2009, 08:35 PM
Federer/nadal Forum

Arkulari
11-21-2009, 08:39 PM
http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=6&click_id=30&art_id=nw20091121160526276C111719

London - Roger Federer got a quick look at the current state of rival Rafael Nadal as the pair had a rare hit-up Saturday, the day before the start of hostilities at the ATP World Tour Finals.

While the Swiss and the Spaniard, top two in the world, are good friends off the court, it's rare for them to train together.

A court set up in the lobby of the London East End indoor venue could prove particularly popular during the week with fans who can get a close-up of the stars with the training court located in a high-traffic spot indoors.

Back on his comfortable world number one position in the rankings, Federer admits that his goal for the eight-man event which begins Sunday is nothing less than total domination - ending the season on a high after picking up a first trophy at Roland Garros and claiming a sixth Wimbledon title after losing it in 2008 to Nadal.

There is a threat from Nadal, with the Spaniard able to seize the year-end top spot should he win the trophy next Sunday.

"I'd be lying if I said I was just hoping to play well," said Federer. "I'm here to win the tournament and to try to stay number one in the world. That's obvious.

"But it's not going to be easy for me or for Rafa to get it (number one ranking). I can just try my best and see where it takes me."

Federer starts with Spain's Fernando Verdasco in a Group A match, which follows Andy Murray's opening duel with US Open winner Juan Del Potro.

Nadal has a Monday start and a psychological battle as he plays Swede Robin Soderling, who knocked him out of the French Open last May in the fourth round for a first-ever defeat at the venue after winning four trophies in succession.

London is a major comfort zone for Federer, but the Swiss says that playing at the East End indoor venue is not the same as competition at the All England Club during the summer on grass.

"It's always nice to be back here and it's going to be a great end to the season," he said diplomatically. - Sapa-dpa

anon57
11-21-2009, 08:40 PM
Generous of Rafa. :p:lol:Rafa must have been going easy on Roger, Roger usually plays pretty badly when he practices, though that's not much of a difference with how he's been playing in matches lately:o:p

Arkulari
11-21-2009, 08:42 PM
I don't think either one brought their A games to this, they were just hitting and having fun together :yeah:

duong
11-21-2009, 09:26 PM
the bounce looks quite high : I understand why Murray said it was a good surface for Nadal ;)

Dini
11-21-2009, 11:21 PM
A longer video.

1nlzRH4ou0Y

Sunset of Age
11-21-2009, 11:42 PM
the bounce looks quite high : I understand why Murray said it was a good surface for Nadal ;)

That's why I called it MOONBALLING from both. :spit:

leng jai
11-21-2009, 11:43 PM
Fedal forum ladies.

l_mac
11-21-2009, 11:46 PM
Fedal forum ladies.

In Karin's dreams.

Sunset of Age
11-21-2009, 11:52 PM
In Karin's dreams.

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=149852

:smoke: will post it there asap to help ye all out of your misery, no time for that right now, am working. :cool:

Mods, feel free to move! :)

KaiserT
11-21-2009, 11:52 PM
Surface means little, Nadull ready to go 0-3 here.

Lucky if he wins a set.

leng jai
11-21-2009, 11:55 PM
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=149852

:smoke: will post it there asap to help ye all out of your misery, no time for that right now, am working. :cool:

Mods, feel free to move! :)

Awwww KarEn :hug:

Sunset of Age
11-21-2009, 11:56 PM
Awwww KarEn :hug:

heh heh. Hi there Adrian. :p

duong
11-22-2009, 10:40 AM
That's why I called it MOONBALLING from both. :spit:

not only that : it seems that the bounce is quite "reactive" and high, something which Nadal likes ... even though it may give more oportunities for attacks to his opponents if he plays short ;) (it's also good for Del Potro by the way)

Har-Tru
11-22-2009, 11:18 AM
Shit surface it seems. How surprising.

freeandlonely
11-22-2009, 11:44 AM
Ouch. I hope their relationship is cold.

jonas
11-22-2009, 01:34 PM
not only that : it seems that the bounce is quite "reactive" and high, something which Nadal likes ... even though it may give more oportunities for attacks to his opponents if he plays short ;) (it's also good for Del Potro by the way)

Quite the opposite is the bounce very low. Magnus Norman stated that in his blog. And the court is slow as well. How surprising...

l_mac
11-22-2009, 08:34 PM
WTF were the headlines as I arrived at the O2 Arena in London…World Tour Finals, but I was thinking….yip… the arena that these guys have put together is magnificent!!

So as I arrive to do all the sounds checks, check the monitors, hawkeye, stats etc. for my TV commentary duties, I glance out of the commentary booth and Roger Federer and Rafa Nadal are putting in a practice session. So we wander down courtside to get an even closer view (not more than 40 people around) of these two legends of our sport. It’s always special to see these two guys at such close quarters, but it’s even better so in the informal manner of the practice court. This doesn’t happen all that often! Rafa’s still a little more intense and Rog as relaxed as ever. There was plenty of banter between the two – they get on really well!

I had a chance to warm up with Rafa last week in Paris, and I tell you, he is a good kid, despite all the trappings of success. His humility and ease with people is a wonderful gift, not to mention his tennis talent (but we all know that)!

The groups are interesting and Nadal could be in for a tough time, many “in the know” reckon Nadal won’t get out of his group. He’s lost to all three guys in their previous meetings and with Davis Cup a priority the week after here, wins are gonna be hard to come by. I had a chat to some of the players and the court is playing low and slow (like in Paris last week). Slow is good for Rafa, but not low…. I think Soderling is gonna be the surprise package in the group.

I enjoy sticking my neck out and making calls on the matches. I think too many other commenatators and journos are afraid of being wrong. It doesn’t bother me, but I do pride myself on being more right than wrong. (You know this week’s gonna be a disaster, right!!!) As for the other group, I’m tired of making predictions now. It’s the end of the season and nearly 500 (commentated) matches later, I’m allowing myself to dodge this bullet. Its gonna be nip and tuck, with Roger hoping to hang onto his year end world No. 1 ranking.

I hope you all enjoy the week ahead. From Rob Koenig, its “bye for now!”

http://www.worldtennismagazine.com/archives/1033

:D for the Fedals.

tyruk14
11-22-2009, 08:44 PM
Good to see. Thanks for sharing.

scoobs
11-22-2009, 11:38 PM
Having seen Federer tonight he was playing with a lot less net clearance than that :lol:

I'll let you know about Rafa tomorrow....