How upset were you when Murray lost (Murray fans only) [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

How upset were you when Murray lost (Murray fans only)

Goldenoldie
11-20-2009, 04:49 PM
Despite not being at his best since coming back from injury, Murray has still only lost 10 times in the course of 2009, the same number as Federer and fewer than Nadal (11), Del Potro (14) and Djokovic (18).

Bearing in mind the fact that some of the defeats were on clay, and some occurred when he was not 100%, which loss hurt the most, and why?

Byrd
11-20-2009, 04:52 PM
Slit my wrists

Corey Feldman
11-20-2009, 04:54 PM
felt like jumping of a bridge

LEGENDOFTENNIS
11-20-2009, 04:55 PM
His loss against Gonzo at FO pissed me off.

MsTree
11-20-2009, 04:57 PM
It's only a game :lol: Being a fan means supporting your player whatever, not just expecting them to win every match they play. But in answer to your question, I was probably most gutted at him losing to Verdasco at the AO, mainly as I had to leave for work before the end of the match :(

jonathancrane
11-20-2009, 04:58 PM
It's a well known fact that he can only loss matches when he's injured or not 100% (like Nadull), so those 10 times doesn't count.

Certinfy
11-20-2009, 05:02 PM
Defo vs Gonzo at RG!!! Hate Gonzo so much!!!

rocketassist
11-20-2009, 05:04 PM
Roddick.

scoobs
11-20-2009, 05:05 PM
Roddick at Wimbledon definitely - I was so annoyed with him for being so passive in the crunch moments and letting Roddick take charge of the tiebreaks.

Burrow
11-20-2009, 05:11 PM
Despite not being at his best since coming back from injury, Murray has still only lost 10 times in the course of 2009, the same number as Federer and fewer than Nadal (11), Del Potro (14) and Djokovic (18).

Bearing in mind the fact that some of the defeats were on clay, and some occurred when he was not 100%, which loss hurt the most, and why?

:lol:

Particularly the clay part.

Byrd
11-20-2009, 05:50 PM
If you take out the clay victories, in which you expected him to lose, the most disappointing losses are the ones in the slams, as I expected him to beat Verdasco, Roddick and Cilic. The Roddick match was horrible considering how much a bad match-up Murray is to Roddick on paper.

safin-rules-no.1
11-20-2009, 05:55 PM
When Murray lost to Stepanek in Bercy i took an overdose.

Andi-M
11-20-2009, 11:41 PM
I think Verdasco at AO was the one that shocked and upset me the most weirdly enough considering Wimby and USO are mine and his favorite slams.

I think it was because at that time Murray was top dog on hard courts he was on his 'A' game and I genuinely thought he was gonna win AO. With other results I hoped he'd win, but kinda at the back of my mind felt he would not win the tournaments FO - clay worst surface, Wimbledon - the pressure, US - poor form + injury.

I fear 2009 Muzza has collected some unwanted mental baggage at the slams, I hope he can put it behind him in 2010.

GhostUnholy
11-20-2009, 11:45 PM
Not even a Murray fan but I was embarrassed for him when he lost to Roddick in Wimbledon. That has to be worst, bad loss in the later stages of your home tournament, arguably the most prestigious tournament in tennis, and all because he was too passive. Cilic at the USO was also pretty bad, but I think ranks lower for him since it wasn't on home turf. The Verdasco loss, Verdasco had already shown he was on fire in that tournament and Murray was looking pretty lackluster in terms of attitude and seeming fatigues, maybe he was sick or whatever, but that loss I saw as a very real possibility before the match.

rocketassist
11-20-2009, 11:47 PM
Roddick at Wimbledon definitely - I was so annoyed with him for being so passive in the crunch moments and letting Roddick take charge of the tiebreaks.

Yep. Roddick was so tactically immense in those breakers, he was patient and rallied with Murray and then when he had the chance to hit an aggressive skidding forehand to Murray's forehand and come in, he'd do it and there would be no passing shot because of the perfect execution.

Clydey
11-21-2009, 01:24 AM
The Roddick loss hurt the most. I could understand the others. He was ill in Australia, didn't expect him to beat Gonzo on clay, and obviously had the wrist injury at the US Open. There was no excuse for the Roddick loss. He just didn't man up when it mattered. He was, in my opinion, one point from winning that match. Set point at 1-1 and on a second serve. Murray goes into defensive mode, loses the point, the set, and the match.

Most disappointing defeat of his career. I generally shrug off any loss within 2 minutes. I was gutted for a couple of hours after that one, though.

fast_clay
11-21-2009, 01:40 AM
roddick didnt hurt much here... roddick was just too inspired that week...

cilic for me... and equally verdasco... two players he was genuinely expected to smash up ok... should have been able to beat cilic without his two hander in what was the biggest match in del potros career so far...

ForehandWinner
11-21-2009, 02:54 AM
You mean ... how happy?

chammer44
11-21-2009, 03:18 AM
I blew a gasket after, and during, his Roddick loss. Smoldering, seething, hyperventilating rage consumed me.

I lost a lot of faith in him after that match.

~*BGT*~
11-21-2009, 07:21 AM
That Roddick match was his best loss :D Oh wait, this thread is for fans. ;) :p

leng jai
11-21-2009, 07:55 AM
That Roddick match was his best loss :D Oh wait, this thread is for fans. ;) :p

Oh hilarious.

Nacho
11-21-2009, 08:58 AM
if you only want fans to answer this then you better post this on players forums

Clydey
11-21-2009, 08:59 AM
if you only want fans to answer this then you better post this on players forums

No fucker reads the Murray forum. It would get about 2 responses.

MurrayFan1
11-21-2009, 09:51 AM
Roddick or Cilic, arguably Cilic at the USO as he barely got a look in, he got completely blew off the court and it was so unexpected.

MurrayFan1
11-21-2009, 09:52 AM

Haha I love how cynical you are on here.

http://verymaladjusted.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/victor-meldrew.jpg

:haha:

Corey Feldman
11-21-2009, 10:13 AM
That Roddick match was his best loss :D Oh wait, this thread is for fans. ;) :pGTFO and mods delete this post!!

Goldenoldie
11-21-2009, 10:25 AM

Thank you. If the mods are unhappy with this thread being in General Messages they can move it.

I am very pleased with the mostly sensible responses so far.
Just a bit surprised that the Roddick loss at Wimbledon is top of the poll at the moment. That one didn't really bother me, because Roddick is an excellent grass court player, and he was on fire. Yes, Murray had chances to win, but the better player on the day won.

My own vote was for Indian Wells where he was blown away by a combination of Nadal and the wind. Up to that time I had believed one of Murray's greatest strengths was his ability to adapt to different conditions. That loss demonstrated how much he still had to learn.

Andi-M
11-21-2009, 11:49 AM
Thank you. If the mods are unhappy with this thread being in General Messages they can move it.

Just a bit surprised that the Roddick loss at Wimbledon is top of the poll at the moment. That one didn't really bother me, because Roddick is an excellent grass court player, and he was on fire. Yes, Murray had chances to win, but the better player on the day won.

My own vote was for Indian Wells where he was blown away by a combination of Nadal and the wind. Up to that time I had believed one of Murray's greatest strengths was his ability to adapt to different conditions. That loss demonstrated how much he still had to learn.

I was shocked at Murray's play and tactics during IW final the conditions were very bad though. However, it was only a MS event, and he more than made for that dissappointing performance the following week where beat Fed and Djoko back 2 back to win in Miami.

Acer
11-21-2009, 01:54 PM
Murray forum

Dini
11-21-2009, 01:56 PM
I was shocked at Murray's play and tactics during IW final the conditions were very bad though. However, it was only a MS event, and he more than made for that dissappointing performance the following week where beat Fed and Djoko back 2 back to win in Miami.

No he did not.

FiBeR
11-21-2009, 02:25 PM
not a murray fan.. but i think his SF loss in wimbledon is the one to win this.

Playing in his backyard, and in a Grand Slam semis against a player whose style favours Murray and still lost it :(

that's his most painful one i think. Besides the rest of the non slam arent that painful cos he already won a TMS (M1000).

He did pretty well by getting to RG QFs (though he had a quite an open draw to the final) and at the AO and USO it was early to tell how would he had done if advanced further.

Clydey
11-21-2009, 02:34 PM

The only thing that bothered me about the IW loss is that people seemed determined to ignore the part the wind played. As it is, I don't think it was a significant loss. The only thing that proved, in my opinion, is that Nadal can player better in 40mph winds.

I knew that before the match anyway. I posted on the MW forum that Murray had no chance, as I was watching the women's final that was going on just prior to the men coming on. The conditions were farcical and it ended up being a case of who could keep the ball in court the longest. And I'd always favour Nadal under those circcumstances.

Burrow
11-21-2009, 03:25 PM
The only thing that bothered me about the IW loss is that people seemed determined to ignore the part the wind played. As it is, I don't think it was a significant loss. The only thing that proved, in my opinion, is that Nadal can player better in 40mph winds.

I knew that before the match anyway. I posted on the MW forum that Murray had no chance, as I was watching the women's final that was going on just prior to the men coming on. The conditions were farcical and it ended up being a case of who could keep the ball in court the longest. And I'd always favour Nadal under those circcumstances.

That's what tennis is about these days, anyway :shrug:

~*BGT*~
11-22-2009, 12:22 AM
GTFO and mods delete this post!!

Still hurts dear? :kiss:

gusavo
11-22-2009, 03:56 PM

I knew that before the match anyway. I posted on the MW forum that Murray had no chance
I gree it wasnt significant, it was as far away from being called a tennis match as just about any match ive seen.
you didnt know it, the odds were very even

Clydey
11-22-2009, 04:03 PM
I gree it wasnt significant, it was as far away from being called a tennis match as just about any match ive seen.
you didnt know it, the odds were very even

I did know it. I stated before the match that Murray could not beat Nadal in thos conditions. And I was right.

gusavo
11-22-2009, 04:54 PM
I did know it. I stated before the match that Murray could not beat Nadal in thos conditions. And I was right.
you didnt know it.
I stated that there would be a terrorist attack the day before in 2001, and I was right. I knew it.

Clydey
11-22-2009, 05:15 PM
you didnt know it.
I stated that there would be a terrorist attack the day before in 2001, and I was right. I knew it.

Oh for goodness sake, let's not be too strict when interpreting people's posts. Of course I didn't know for certain. I don't know anything for certain. Let's just say that I was utterly convinced that Murray had very little chance in that match.

gusavo
11-24-2009, 12:30 AM
Oh for goodness sake, let's not be too strict when interpreting people's posts. Of course I didn't know for certain. I don't know anything for certain. Let's just say that I was utterly convinced that Murray had very little chance in that match.
so thats why the odds were around even just before the match started? I GUARANTEE you that you will be making millions at betting within years if what you say is true, so if you really believe what you are saying, you should start betting now. consult any good sportsbetter and he will tell you that if you really can do something like that, he will agree with me. and then the question will be if you believe yourself enough to start.

BIGMARAT
11-24-2009, 12:36 AM
this has to be in the player forum is subjected to Murray fans only.

admin, please move!

Clydey
11-24-2009, 12:44 AM
so thats why the odds were around even just before the match started? I GUARANTEE you that you will be making millions at betting within years if what you say is true, so if you really believe what you are saying, you should start betting now. consult any good sportsbetter and he will tell you that if you really can do something like that, he will agree with me. and then the question will be if you believe yourself enough to start.

What are you talking about? All I'm saying is that I had a firm belief that Murray was not going to win that match. And yes, I would have bet a lot of money on it.

nobama
11-24-2009, 12:56 AM
http://www.menstennisforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=436

gusavo
11-24-2009, 02:07 AM
What are you talking about? All I'm saying is that I had a firm belief that Murray was not going to win that match. And yes, I would have bet a lot of money on it.
if you would get into betting you would lose a lot because you obviously dont know how it works. as I said, if you truly believe what you are saying your winrate would make you millions. so what should the cutoff point in odds had been according to you?

Clydey
11-24-2009, 02:20 AM
if you would get into betting you would lose a lot because you obviously dont know how it works. as I said, if you truly believe what you are saying your winrate would make you millions. so what should the cutoff point in odds had been according to you?

Seriously, what have you been smoking? You're ranting and raving so much that I no longer have any idea what you're talking about.

I told you that I stated prior to the IW final that I didn't think Murray stood much of a chance against Nadal in those conditions, and now you are apparently flaming me about betting odds. Get a grip, dude. You're a rebel without a cause or a clue.

McAlistar
11-24-2009, 12:00 PM
Annoyed at them all but wasnt too bothered, except the Verdasco match in Australia. Took a while to get over that one simply because i never believed he would lose.