Andy to WTF (wipe the floor) with the rest of the WTF! [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Andy to WTF (wipe the floor) with the rest of the WTF!

scoobs
11-18-2009, 06:29 PM
Well the draw is out

A
Federer
Murray
Del Potro
Verdasco

B
Nadal
Djokovic
Davydenko
Soderling

Andy got lucky for once! I think his group is the slightly easier one...

Betty
11-18-2009, 06:31 PM
:o so hard:bigcry:

MurrayFan1
11-19-2009, 09:34 AM
We all know you wanted to abbreviate it differently!

amdany
11-19-2009, 03:54 PM
:lol: I like the thread title

Corey Feldman
11-19-2009, 04:17 PM
hopefully Muzza and Fed get out this group

tedlesurfeur
11-19-2009, 06:05 PM
:o so hard:bigcry:

I beg your pardon?
You are being sarcastic I guess :lol:
Murray is like 7-3 against Federer and 7-1 against Verdasco. Moreover, Del Potro is still trying to regain form. Murray is already into the semifinals with that group

I don't know what else you could expect. :lol:

MsTree
11-19-2009, 07:06 PM
He's 6-3 against Federer, 7-1 against Verdasco and 4-1 against Del Potro.

I don't like the ego king but I'll be cheering him against Verdasco and hopefully Andy will come through his first match as I've got tickets for Tuesday and I so want to see Fed re-pigeoned :D

Vamos Andy! :woohoo:

MsTree
11-19-2009, 07:53 PM
Here's a wee taster - Andy was featured on the ATP Tour uncovered programme tonight, adorable footage of him when he was 14 :hearts: and a great shot of him on top of the O2 Arena :)
http://www.mediafire.com/?jm3mwwmlujj

Andi-M
11-20-2009, 10:40 AM
Cant wait Muzza Vs DelPo wil be a great 1st match.

Did anyone see Andy on Loose Women yesterday he looked soo hot! :hearts:

MurrayFan1
11-20-2009, 11:20 AM
Was anyone else drooling over the footage of them putting together the court on SSN the other day?

I am a loser. :(

Betty
11-20-2009, 01:01 PM
I beg your pardon?
You are being sarcastic I guess :lol:
Murray is like 7-3 against Federer and 7-1 against Verdasco. Moreover, Del Potro is still trying to regain form. Murray is already into the semifinals with that group

I don't know what else you could expect. :lol:
:ee:.:bolt:
he ll lose u ll see

:secret: this is an ita anti jinx;)

i dont see he win vs fed,maybe nando
after the long break,he played only in valencia and bercy so,imo,all depend of he is in good form and has the right timing on the ball

scoobs
11-20-2009, 05:16 PM
Andy has his chances but there are no guarantees.

he didn't play particularly well in either Valencia or Paris, perhaps with the exception of the Valencia final against a very poor Youzhny, so he'll need to up his game from how it's been since he won Montreal.

tedlesurfeur
11-20-2009, 06:26 PM
He's 6-3 against Federer, 7-1 against Verdasco and 4-1 against Del Potro.

I don't like the ego king but I'll be cheering him against Verdasco and hopefully Andy will come through his first match as I've got tickets for Tuesday and I so want to see Fed re-pigeoned :D

Vamos Andy! :woohoo:

I was taking into account their exhibition match :devil: that's why I was saying 7-3 against Federer :devil:

So, you're going? Take pictures please. Get me some autographs. Tell them Ted says hello.
I can totally see you 'Ted says hello' :lol:

scoobs
11-20-2009, 06:39 PM
I was taking into account their exhibition match :devil: that's why I was saying 7-3 against Federer :devil:

So, you're going? Take pictures please. Get me some autographs. Tell them Ted says hello.
I can totally see you 'Ted says hello' :lol:
I'm going Sunday and Monday. I'll say Ted says Hello if you like :)

MsTree
11-20-2009, 08:27 PM
So you've fallen out with Gillou then Ted? :p

You can't take into account exhos, that's just wrong. :lol: But of course I'll tell Andy you're asking for him, he'll think you're some sort of distance stalker after Scoobs sees him Sunday :devil:

I've also got tickets for Wednesday and Thursday afternoon, so if I see him again... :lol:

tedlesurfeur
11-21-2009, 09:21 AM
I'm going Sunday and Monday. I'll say Ted says Hello if you like :)

Thanks Scoobs.
I'll do the same for you in Roland Garros if you like.

So you've fallen out with Gillou then Ted? :p

You can't take into account exhos, that's just wrong. :lol: But of course I'll tell Andy you're asking for him, he'll think you're some sort of distance stalker after Scoobs sees him Sunday :devil:

I've also got tickets for Wednesday and Thursday afternoon, so if I see him again... :lol:

Yeah, I ended up feeling this connection between people on Gillou's forum and Gillou himself, and I unconsciously distanced myself from him. I'm not sure that makes sense. It's more about a feeling.
Moreover, to me, Gillou's changed as well, in a way I don't quite like, but I still like him.
The thing is everytime I see him play, Gillou's forum is taking over in my head, and I can't appreciate the match.

Well, a friend of Carlita's told Verdasco she was saying hello, so I know it's possible haha :p

scoobs
11-21-2009, 09:49 AM
Thanks but I'm hoping to go to RG next year!

MsTree
11-21-2009, 11:00 AM
Yeah, I ended up feeling this connection between people on Gillou's forum and Gillou himself, and I unconsciously distanced myself from him. I'm not sure that makes sense. It's more about a feeling.
Moreover, to me, Gillou's changed as well, in a way I don't quite like, but I still like him.
The thing is everytime I see him play, Gillou's forum is taking over in my head, and I can't appreciate the match.

I think I know what you mean! Odd as that might sound :lol:
Gillou's forum is his only english speaking forum, still can't believe he doesn't have his own website, but that fact alone means the dynamic is quite powerful ~ I dip in and out during a match but it's a really good support group :D More so now we've lost the most disruptive influence :lol:

Anyway, back to Andy, I hope you enjoy yourself tomorrow Scoobs! :D I don't know London very well, it's been 20 years since I was last there :eek: and the thought of having to get a nightbus by myself back to my pal's house in SE19, an area I've never been to before is leaving me cold. And I haven't left myself enough time to remortgage the house so a cab is out of the question! (Thinking cap on)

Corey Feldman
11-21-2009, 11:05 AM
im not fired up at all for this event

dont see Muzza playing well here no matter how much i try too

Andi-M
11-21-2009, 11:14 AM
Have fun scoobs!!!!
Do you work scoobs? You seem to have alot of chances to watch live tennis? Are you an insider?...:D

scoobs
11-21-2009, 11:16 AM
I think I know what you mean! Odd as that might sound :lol:
Gillou's forum is his only english speaking forum, still can't believe he doesn't have his own website, but that fact alone means the dynamic is quite powerful ~ I dip in and out during a match but it's a really good support group :D More so now we've lost the most disruptive influence :lol:

Anyway, back to Andy, I hope you enjoy yourself tomorrow Scoobs! :D I don't know London very well, it's been 20 years since I was last there :eek: and the thought of having to get a nightbus by myself back to my pal's house in SE19, an area I've never been to before is leaving me cold. And I haven't left myself enough time to remortgage the house so a cab is out of the question! (Thinking cap on)
I'd just plan your route well in advance, work out what buses you need and when they run to and what times. tfl.gov.uk should help with this.

scoobs
11-21-2009, 11:16 AM
Have fun scoobs!!!!
Do you work scoobs? You seem to have alot of chances to watch live tennis? Are you an insider?...:D
God I wish.

I do work - but I work a lot from home so I can have the telly on while I'm getting on with things.

Andi-M
11-21-2009, 11:36 AM
I thought u had a supercool job in the industry lol.

Have you ever spoken to Andy before?

scoobs
11-21-2009, 11:57 AM
I thought u had a supercool job in the industry lol.

Have you ever spoken to Andy before?
No but I've spoken to Kim Sears - she said he's a right miserable git at times :)

tedlesurfeur
11-21-2009, 01:23 PM

You like to remain hidden in almightly scotland? :p by the way, I watched a movie called Doomsday yesterday :lol: you get to see a lot of Scotland in it, makes me want to go there now :p it wasn't raining at all :devil:
And you get to see London too at some point, the action takes place in 2035 and the dome is there there.

Anyway, I can't wait to see tomorrow's match. What time does it start?

MsTree
11-21-2009, 02:04 PM
Nah I don't do hiding :lol: Too loud :devil:

It doesn't rain all the time here, usually only on days ending with a "y" ;)

Andy's match has a not before time of 2.15pm UK time
http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2009/605/op.pdf

Cloudygirl
11-21-2009, 02:47 PM
Les I don't suppose you have a recording of the whole of the ATP uncovered thing do you. I need sky :( :(

MsTree
11-21-2009, 03:17 PM
Les I don't suppose you have a recording of the whole of the ATP uncovered thing do you. I need sky :( :(
I do, I've ended up uploading most bits on various forums already! What bit did you want?

Cloudygirl
11-21-2009, 03:29 PM
Any good bits. I haven't seen any of it. I'm skyless :(

MsTree
11-21-2009, 03:48 PM
The Andy Murray bit is linked earlier in this thread. Gillou's 10 seconds is in his video thread. The Paris feature and the photography feature are both in Gael's video thread. Apart from that, there was a bit about Tursunov and a bit about doubles team Bhupathi & Knowles and apart from lots of filler, that was it!

tedlesurfeur
11-21-2009, 04:12 PM
I personally hope I can watch the matches on fromsport or justin or channelsurfing :lol:

Betty
11-21-2009, 06:29 PM
I personally hope I can watch the matches on fromsport or justin or channelsurfing :lol:

same:lol:

Getta
11-22-2009, 03:17 AM
also, bet365 (http://www.bet365.com/extra/extra.aspx?ContentPath=LiveStreaming%2cStreaming) will be live streaming the match.

Getta
11-22-2009, 03:23 AM
Page last updated at 22:42 GMT, Friday, 20 November 2009

Murray reflects on 'long' year

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tennis/8371707.stm

Andy Murray says he is looking forward to playing in front of a home crowd at
the season-ending World Tour Finals after a long year in which the Scot has won
six titles.

tedlesurfeur
11-22-2009, 07:17 AM
also, bet365 (http://www.bet365.com/extra/extra.aspx?ContentPath=LiveStreaming%2cStreaming) will be live streaming the match.

No way!!?? This is fantastic!! I like the bet365 quality better!! This is good news.

MsTree
11-22-2009, 10:02 AM
I'm so hyper i feel sick :p

I need to get up at 4.30am tomorrow to catch the train, I really hope Andy can get this done without any drama otherwise I may still be awake then :lol:

tedlesurfeur
11-22-2009, 10:56 AM
Andy, I wanted to see you win against Del Potro in Bercy, I had paid my ticket for that moment.. but I got to see Stepanek instead :rolleyes: so, you owe it to me now :devil:

I expect a convincing win, so that MsArbre can actually sleep tonight.

MsTree
11-22-2009, 11:16 AM
:hug: :woohoo:
The stadium looks really dark from the TV pics so far, apparently it's an area of concern but the tourney organisers want all the focus on the players? Not so great if they can't see the ball though!!!

Every session a sell out apparently :eek:

Just checked my train ticket and I misread it, I get 55 mins lie in :D

Betty
11-22-2009, 11:34 AM
tension,the hot one vs delugly:scared:
sorry but is it at 2 or 3 pm cet?sky guide says 2 but im not surePage last updated at 22:42 GMT, Friday, 20 November 2009

Murray reflects on 'long' year

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tennis/8371707.stm

Andy Murray says he is looking forward to playing in front of a home crowd at
the season-ending World Tour Finals after a long year in which the Scot has won
six titles.

thank u getta:hug:also for all the news u post abt andy i always read them but i never say u thanks:)

MsTree
11-22-2009, 11:39 AM
Not before 2.15pm UK time, that'll be 3.15 CET?

Betty
11-22-2009, 12:01 PM
yes,thanks

:scared:

doubles score?u know it:p please?

Andi-M
11-22-2009, 12:03 PM
Good luck Andy :kiss:

MsTree
11-22-2009, 12:13 PM
Fyrstenberg & Matkowski have just taken the first set :)

Betty
11-22-2009, 12:44 PM
good to read,no delay i hope:p

ciao Rachel:)

MsTree
11-22-2009, 12:48 PM
They won, no delays Betty :hug: Less than half an hour to go :D

Betty
11-22-2009, 01:10 PM
unreal:bigcry:my pc's internet doesnt work now:sad: and on laptop no ls:fiery:
maybe if during the match u ll be so kind to write the score sometime:worship::angel::hug:

MsTree
11-22-2009, 01:18 PM
Betty :hug:

They're just coming out on court!

Andy held his opening service game, saving a BP ~ they both look a bit nervy :eek:

Betty
11-22-2009, 01:39 PM
well andy plays at home..must be nervous:scared::c'mon

MsTree
11-22-2009, 01:41 PM
A few errors in that service game from JMDP and Andy takes it with a fh screamer down the line :D 2-0

Easy hold for Andy 3-0 :D:D:D

Betty
11-22-2009, 01:45 PM
srgie players need time for get into the match..let s hope:devil:

MsTree
11-22-2009, 01:48 PM
Delpo's got the trainer out - the commentators are saying a nosebleed, he's got cotton wool stuffed up his nose :lol:
Trainer has said 5 mins time out to stop it. Cancel that, he's back on court :lol:

Andy's in more ruthless form now, broken JMDP again, 4-0 :D

Another easy hold, 5-0! I'm starting to feel sorry for JMDP, I like him but he's getting a thrashing just now!

He's on the board. 5-1. End of sympathy session :lol:

Betty
11-22-2009, 02:01 PM
:odel ugly:p

thk for the update:hug:

MsTree
11-22-2009, 02:07 PM
Ach he's quite cute, he just looks so gigantic and awkward sometimes! :p

Delpo's broken back, 5-2 He's starting to find his form :eek: Come ON Andy!!!

tedlesurfeur
11-22-2009, 02:09 PM
Why on earth does Murray have to choke on his serve while going for the set? At the same time, it looks more like a match now :lol: Up to 5-0, there was no match :lol:

Cloudygirl
11-22-2009, 02:16 PM
wasn't really a choke. Del Potro woke up, or suddenly started feeling better.

MsTree
11-22-2009, 02:17 PM
Delpo thought Andy had challenged that call that gave him the 2nd serve ace when in fact it was he who challenged to prove it was a DF :lol: Much strangeness :lol:

Andy had SPs in that game too but JMDP holds, 5-3

3 SPs now though, Vamos Andy! :D

At last!!! 1-0 Andy :D

tedlesurfeur
11-22-2009, 02:18 PM
C'mon Andy !! :worship:

tedlesurfeur
11-22-2009, 02:21 PM
He needs to improve his first serve percentage now, and he can go for the title :p

MsTree
11-22-2009, 02:29 PM
He could start by holding his serve :eek:

0-2 :tape:

0-3 :eek:

1-3

Betty
11-22-2009, 02:36 PM
i watched the end of the set on tv during footy break..and there u could see del ugly woke up:fiery:damnno andy is sucking:o

MsTree
11-22-2009, 02:37 PM
My footie team are in a Cup Final just now, we're 1-0 up! :dance:

2-0 up :dance::dance::woohoo:

Andy breaks back! :woohoo:

Betty
11-22-2009, 02:39 PM
for who do u root

i love tv:hearts:bp gooooooooooooooo muzza

MsTree
11-22-2009, 02:46 PM
The mighty Inverness Caledonian Thistle :dance: We got relegated from the SPL last season and I can't see us being promoted anytime soon :sad: Still it'd be nice to win a cup! :D HT :) 2-0 :D

Oh Andy!!! Hold your flipping serve ffs! 2-4 :( 2-5 :(:(

Betty
11-22-2009, 02:57 PM
my sco team motherwell:p
where do u live in sco?

gooooooo andy

MsTree
11-22-2009, 03:01 PM
I'm about 20 miles west of Inverness, in the hills overlooking Loch Ness. :)

Motherwell put us out of the League Cup earlier on this season :lol:

Come on Andy! Break him back! :tape:

What a shot from Delpo to take the 2nd set! Come on Andy!!!

Dundee have got a goal back :( 1-2 :eek:

2 goals back :(:( 2-2

tedlesurfeur
11-22-2009, 03:12 PM
He knows The TreeWoman is going to London tomorrow, and he's all stressed out now :rolleyes: you jinxed him :rolleyes:
:lol:

MsTree
11-22-2009, 03:14 PM
Like you jinxed him in Paris Ted? :tape:

That's him thinking of me watching him on Tuesday now :D
Break! :dance: 2-0 Come ONNNNNN!!!!!

tedlesurfeur
11-22-2009, 03:18 PM
:lol: that was a good one.

oh wow :angel: a love game :worship:

Betty
11-22-2009, 03:21 PM
wow must be a cool side:hearts:

c'moooooooooooooon andy

MsTree
11-22-2009, 03:27 PM
Rafa's watching :)

Anyone know who the 2nd alternate is?

tedlesurfeur
11-22-2009, 03:32 PM
Rafa's watching :)

Anyone know who the 2nd alternate is?

They're still looking for him, aren't they? Because yesterday Monfils was supposed to give his answer. What I don't understand is that he was already in the West Indies... :lol:

MsTree
11-22-2009, 03:34 PM
Gael said no, so did Gillou, Cilic, Gonzo, Steps..... etc etc

They might've showed him already but since everyone's sitting in pitch darkness you'd never know :lol:

Betty
11-22-2009, 03:37 PM
i didnt know monf said no:haha:

tedlesurfeur
11-22-2009, 03:38 PM
Gael said no, so did Gillou, Cilic, Gonzo, Steps..... etc etc

They might've showed him already but since everyone's sitting in pitch darkness you'd never know :lol:

Last year Stepanek was No.15 and Kiefer was No.33right?

I wish Youzhny could go, but he's next to his wife who looks like a whale ready to deliver, and he's probably watching Moscow Cska playing soccer.

MsTree
11-22-2009, 03:40 PM
2 MPs!! Vamos Andy! :D

I wish Gillou could go but he's got at least another 4 weeks of complete rest, he might not even make the AO :eek:

Andy! :hearts: Great stuff! :D

Fuck!!! Dundee have scored 3-2 :(

tedlesurfeur
11-22-2009, 03:42 PM
VICTORY :worship: I would like to thank myself for my exceptional cheering, and I would like to address this victory to my friend Les, who will be able to get some sleep tonight, thank you :worship:

MsTree
11-22-2009, 03:45 PM
:lol: Call that exceptional cheering? :lol:

Just wait till Tuesday, I might do a streak! :tape: I'm kidding! :lol:

Betty
11-22-2009, 03:46 PM
:banana:gooooooooooooo

take a lot of pics thk:p

tedlesurfeur
11-22-2009, 03:48 PM
If he loses Tuesday, we will know it's because of you, Les :rolleyes: do you realize that? :p

Les at home : Murray wins
Les in London : Murray loses
Conclusion : Les must stay away

MsTree
11-22-2009, 03:52 PM
I've not been present any other time he's lost so I don't get your logic :lol:

Equally - he knows Ted has a ticket for the QFs = he loses in R3 to annoy him. What other tourneys have you had tickets for this year Ted? :p

I'll try Betty! :D

Corey Feldman
11-22-2009, 03:55 PM
Just wait till Tuesday, I might do a streak! :tape: I'm kidding! :lol:dont kid!

who does he play on Tue?

MsTree
11-22-2009, 03:58 PM
I think the way it works is that he'll play the winner of tonight's match. Which will surely be Fed! I hope anyway :D I would normally cheer anyone who plays Fed but I really want to see Andy make him his pigeon again :D

tedlesurfeur
11-22-2009, 04:19 PM
I've not been present any other time he's lost so I don't get your logic :lol:

Equally - he knows Ted has a ticket for the QFs = he loses in R3 to annoy him. What other tourneys have you had tickets for this year Ted? :p

I'll try Betty! :D

True :lol: Hear me out, I have this friend of mine who cheers for Youzhny, Hewitt and Roddick. The three of them were on the Bercy entry list, so he bought his ticket, and a very expensive one, and then his favs started to withdraw from there, the guy kept the ticket for Roddick.. but then Roddick withdrew at the last minute, and my friend couldn't sell his ticket :lol: now, how's that for bad luck? :lol:

Andy's qualified for the semifinals :worship: Hurray :p

MsTree
11-22-2009, 04:42 PM
Or maybe you're a jinx who attracts jinxy mates! :lol:

I'm actually jealous that you have mates into tennis, hardly any of my mates watch it far less cheer anyone (apart from Andy but that's a Scottish thing) I never used to have anyone to talk tennis to before he came along :sad: One of my exs played with a County Ranking and he was equally lonely before I came along :( Scotland just doesn't have the facilities or the weather for it! But at least now we have a role model :D

Andi-M
11-22-2009, 07:42 PM
Or maybe you're a jinx who attracts jinxy mates! :lol:

I'm actually jealous that you have mates into tennis, hardly any of my mates watch it far less cheer anyone (apart from Andy but that's a Scottish thing) I never used to have anyone to talk tennis to before he came along :sad: One of my exs played with a County Ranking and he was equally lonely before I came along :( Scotland just doesn't have the facilities or the weather for it! But at least now we have a role model :D

Same non of my mates have the first clue about tennis they only watch Wimbledon final and have only heard of Fed, Nadal, and Williams sisters! I cant discuss my feelings for Murray wih anyone so im glad 4 the internet!!

Btw First class performance by Muray today Vs Del Potro!!

scoobs
11-22-2009, 11:28 PM
Well done Andy! he played well, I thought - and it was amazing to watch it live :hearts:

Turquoise
11-24-2009, 03:17 AM
Good luck Andy against Fed! Hope you find your best tennis tonight.

Betty
11-24-2009, 06:38 AM
andy is the night match?

enjoy to who is there:)and c'mooooooooooon

tedlesurfeur
11-24-2009, 11:27 AM
Well, do you think Loch Les will be able to log on to MTF at some point and give us her perspective on things?

scoobs
11-24-2009, 04:56 PM
Come on Andy - you can do this!!!

Betty
11-24-2009, 07:35 PM
ted she ll be busy to:drool:ops i mean cheer andy;)

Andi-M
11-24-2009, 07:58 PM
Good luck Andy...x

Andi-M
11-24-2009, 08:16 PM
2 all 1st set cmon Andy..hold :)

Betty
11-24-2009, 08:17 PM
fed started well:scared:

Andi-M
11-24-2009, 08:21 PM
No worries Murray started better :D

Andi-M
11-24-2009, 08:26 PM
Yessss 4-2 :D

Betty
11-24-2009, 08:27 PM
yessssssssss hold beautiful hold now

Andi-M
11-24-2009, 08:32 PM
Murray is sexy when he is all fired up :drool: 5-2 :D

Betty
11-24-2009, 08:41 PM
63:yess

:scared:again one set goooooooooooo

Andi-M
11-24-2009, 08:58 PM
cmon Andy keep focus

Betty
11-24-2009, 09:00 PM
now is another match rachel,fed is concentrate..muzza:unsure:

Andi-M
11-24-2009, 09:05 PM
Fed has woken up...but Murray can hang on...plz hold muz

Andi-M
11-24-2009, 09:10 PM
:rolleyes:

Andi-M
11-24-2009, 09:14 PM
5-2 Fred :mad:

Cmon Andy

Andi-M
11-24-2009, 09:35 PM
Freddie 2-1 with break :mad:

Please rebreak Murray

Andi-M
11-24-2009, 11:47 PM
terrible 3rd set from Murray, I don't like his chances anymore cos he will need a 2-0 against nando to secure qualification, but he cant seem to keep concentration throughout the whole match. Its like 1 good set and he's done. He got 2nd wind vs a tired potro but today vs fedgoat no answer at all.

Turquoise
11-25-2009, 08:01 AM
Well, I enjoyed that glorious first set...

First on his laundry list for 2010: work on that second serve, and work on it some more.

Anyway, Andy must take the situation firmly under control and resolve to beat Verdasco in straight sets. As long as he makes it through to the semis, this loss against Fed is palatable.

Come on, Andy!

MsTree
11-25-2009, 08:37 AM
Gosh what can I say?????

I watched them warmup before the doubles, I was sitting (in the gods) and I had bad vibes from then on. :(
And where I was sitting proved to be a problem as I was next to a 20 stone lardy boy who thought he could play tennis better than Andy... He was loud in his support for Fed (as I was for Andy!) but would then mutter something along the lines of "Stick that up your kilt you Scottish bastard..." Now I'm the sort of girl who doesn't keep her mouth shut, and after he shouted "serve underarm, you might get it in" I asked him if he was only supporting Fed as he wasn't Scottish... at the end of the match I told him I was looking forward to seeing him play in next years WTFs seeing as he was such an expert... but really I wanted to punch his fat face in :lol: I thought most folk in England were over his taken out of context quotes about the footie but obviously some bitterness still remains! I think I'll enjoy today more seeing as I have no real personal inclination for or against any of the players!!! :lol:

Anyway with all that going on it was difficult to concentrate on the tennis! I enjoyed the first set but my impression of the match was that it was lost by errors and bad serving rather than good play by either player! I wanted to see some of Andy's sexy passing shots but I think Fed was wary of them - he wasn't coming into the net and I can't rememeber Andy drop shotting him, there was only one ripper of a cc pass that I remember. Probably difficult to lob off the surface as the ball bounces so low, and if he had only been a bit more aggressive national and personal pride may still be intact ;)

Must get ready to go... looking forward to seeing Nole this afternoon (I've only just started liking him, he totally got my back up before) I see Murray v Verdasco is the Thurs afternoon match and that's the last session I have a ticket for so I'll try to get back on after then!

tedlesurfeur
11-25-2009, 12:00 PM
It had to be a troll :rolleyes: speaking like this, I mean, what else could he be? :shrug: The poor guy apparently doesn't know what tennis is, he just wanted Federer to crush Andy :rolleyes:

You didn't punch him but hopefully he'll get some kind of backlash for his foul mouth one day, what goes around comes around :lol:

I agree with you. It was more about the lack of serve and errors that the match was lost. I really thought Andy was going to win after the first set, I was like "he knows how to play Federer".

Don't you think playing in front of the home crowd added pressure on Andy's shoulders? Get back to us asap, Loch Les :wavey:

Betty
11-25-2009, 12:21 PM
ridiculus first serve from andy
hope he can play better with nando:sad:

MsTree
11-26-2009, 12:59 AM
Nah Ted I don't think Andy's too bothered about playing in front of a home crowd, most of them are Fed supporters anyway :tape:
On the same sort of note, what is funny about shouting "Come on Tim" at almost any tennis match played in England? Keeping the memory alive? Or just a sad reflection on the state of English tennis? I can almost see why it happens at Andy's matches, but someone shouted it tonight during the Nadal-Davydenko match - and a fair skelp of the audience laughed! WTF is that all about? Am I missing some weird deeper meaning here??? Help me out please English folks! I just think its sad :sad: poor Tim, it's like he's getting the piss taken out of him! All over again ! :sad:

Anyway apart from Koyla I've been the kiss of death to all the players I've supported at the WTFs :lol: You jinxed me into being a jinx!!!

Just away to see if some kind soul on GM has worked out what Andy needs to do tomorrow to make the SFs and then bed, it's been a long day of tennis! I'm happy to report I was surrounded by fab, chatty interesting folk today, starting with Trevor the philospher at the train station in the morning, it's been a good day for people :D And Nole looked :hearts: in his red outfit, I've gone from strongly disliking him to being very fond of him in less than a season. That Bulge Thread has a lot to answer for :lol:

Andy fucking better bring his A game tomorrow (shit, today) :tape: :lol: I've brought mine :devil:

Edit - wow I just found out Fed might not qualify :lol: Unlikely but funny ;)

amdany
11-26-2009, 05:34 PM
so, Andy won, and I think he needs Fed to win to qualify, right?

Baghdatis72
11-26-2009, 05:36 PM
so, Andy won, and I think he needs Fed to win to qualify, right?

He needs either Fed to win or Delpo to win narrowly in 3 sets.

Betty
11-26-2009, 05:38 PM
what in 3 set the both?:speakles:

Baghdatis72
11-26-2009, 05:43 PM
Actually if Fed wins then Fed and Andy are through. If Delpo wins in straight sets then Andy and Delpo are through. If Delpo wins in 3 then it's a bit complicated and it depends on the game difference to decide who goes through.

Betty
11-26-2009, 05:45 PM
so we need fed win?

Baghdatis72
11-26-2009, 06:01 PM
so we need fed win?

One of the following:

1) Fed win
2) Delpo win 2-0
3) Delpo win 2-1 (less than 5 games difference or more than 9 games difference)

Betty
11-26-2009, 06:24 PM
ok thk..i have to root for fed now:Scared: i dont see delpo wins in 2 easy

MsTree
11-26-2009, 11:35 PM
Andy :sad: You fucked it up for yourself by arsing around this afternoon when you should've had Verdasco in 2. You have no one to blame but yourself :( Still I got to watch you win so at least that jinx is off! (Ted take note)

Andi-M
11-27-2009, 01:23 AM
Knowing what the situation was Frauderer did not hesistate to tank his service game and hand delpo a SF place. It's Andy's fault ultimately winning in 2 was the target and he didnt do it, by not doing that he allowed RF to decide who goes to the SF.

Cant wait 4 next Fed Murray match hopefully AO SF or F, Murray will be even more fired up than normal. It'll be great.

Turquoise
11-27-2009, 02:57 AM
Oh, irony of irony that Fed did to Andy what Andy did unto him last year. Tough pill to swallow, but he'll live.

Rest up Andy and come back with a vengeance in 2010.

scoobs
11-27-2009, 04:56 AM
Oh, irony of irony that Fed did to Andy what Andy did unto him last year. Tough pill to swallow, but he'll live.

Yep - and I think he needs the rest, mentally if nothing else, he seems more at odds with himself and his own game than anything else, complete contrast to how he looked at the start of the year.

It's a rough way to be eliminated but he had his fate in his own hands earlier and blew it so...

He knows that while at most tournaments you just have to win, whatever, but here how you win can become the most important thing - and for him vs Verdasco, and for Federer vs Del Potro, it was.

Jess22
11-27-2009, 10:20 AM
Disappointing :sad: but even if he did get through he really didn't look at top of his game, even if it means losing 4th seed for AO maybe it will take some of the pressure off him. I can't wait for the next Fed-Murray match either considering what's just happened :devil:

Betty
11-27-2009, 11:57 AM
Yep - and I think he needs the rest, mentally if nothing else, he seems more at odds with himself and his own game than anything else, complete contrast to how he looked at the start of the year.

It's a rough way to be eliminated but he had his fate in his own hands earlier and blew it so...

He knows that while at most tournaments you just have to win, whatever, but here how you win can become the most important thing - and for him vs Verdasco, and for Federer vs Del Potro, it was.

yes he can blame only himself for to be out
said that..rest andy and back stronger next year:Dwe wait u and a GS title:)

shmeeko69
11-27-2009, 01:04 PM
Really unlikely to miss out by one game,
hope he comes back stronger next year &
seriously competes for the grand slams.

Mark :(

tedlesurfeur
11-27-2009, 05:21 PM

I see what you mean, but I don't necessarily agree. Let me explain.
Last year, Andy wanted to defeat Federer because (1) it would take out a major contender for the title and (2) to extend his little domination over the swiss (as he said in his interview) because he knows this can be important in a major's final for instance.

Roger didn't do that. To me, Roger let Del Potro win (in two sets + a tie break = 18 games) so that Murray could be out. Federer has clearly the better level in these finals, and played so poorly yesterday. I watched the match, but I guess you can see the highlights somewhere.. mid court powerless balls, haha, make me laugh. Not even running to retrieve a lob.. anyway, my point is Murray isn't a poor player, but what Federer did, to me, is bad sport. That's just my opinion. And I'm not even bitter :lol:

tedlesurfeur
11-27-2009, 05:29 PM
Andy :sad: You fucked it up for yourself by arsing around this afternoon when you should've had Verdasco in 2. You have no one to blame but yourself :( Still I got to watch you win so at least that jinx is off! (Ted take note)

:lol: I'm not sure.
Last year, you hadn't bought tickets (and travelled) for Andy's masters matches and he got to the semifinals.
This year, you actually buy tickets to go and watch him, and he loses in round robin :lol: See my point? :lol:

I♥PsY@Mus!c
11-27-2009, 06:14 PM
I haven't posted in any player forum's thread for a long time but finally want to say something.Every time he lost I was upset,I guess because I like Andy very much :angel: and want him to win big titles...yesterday I was thinking if Ego king would tank to lose the first set and of course he did it intentionally imo.It's especially hard to suffer the loss this time.Even though I don't think he would win this title,hate to see him not qualify by one game and crappy RR system!

This year Andy grows on me a lot,he is a hardworking player,I like his dedication on tennis.See him next year,best of luck to him,hope he will stay healthy and achieve his goals! :rocker2:

MsTree
11-28-2009, 08:51 AM
:lol: I'm not sure.
Last year, you hadn't bought tickets (and travelled) for Andy's masters matches and he got to the semifinals.
This year, you actually buy tickets to go and watch him, and he loses in round robin :lol: See my point? :lol:

Yes I see your point (it's always a better option to humour insane people :lol:)But I'm sure there are many many people who were there this year who weren't there last year :devil:
Lets just see what happens next year :lol: 2 in a row would be too much of a coincidence :)

Or.... did you buy tickets for the WTFs SFs Ted? Knowing what a jinx you are in the later rounds :tape:

tedlesurfeur
11-28-2009, 10:59 AM
Oh, are you going again next year? Maybe I can go on the first sunday...

MsTree
11-28-2009, 11:37 AM
I absolutely loved it, yes I'm definitely going again next year!
Next time I would love to rent an apartment within walking distance of the O2 for the week, maybe offer floor / sofa space to any friendly MTFer who fancies a day or two at the tennis :) Or travel by the Thames Clipper, that looked a lot more fun than the reality of fighting 17 500 others for the tube back to Central London :lol:

Maybe we could cancel our collective jinxes and watch him win the whole thing :lol:

A few pics - bear in mind that I was in the cheap seats (and I have a crap camera)
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=123925&id=620339628&l=39fe43ed50

Turquoise
11-30-2009, 04:47 AM
I see what you mean, but I don't necessarily agree. Let me explain.
Last year, Andy wanted to defeat Federer because (1) it would take out a major contender for the title and (2) to extend his little domination over the swiss (as he said in his interview) because he knows this can be important in a major's final for instance.

Roger didn't do that. To me, Roger let Del Potro win (in two sets + a tie break = 18 games) so that Murray could be out. Federer has clearly the better level in these finals, and played so poorly yesterday. I watched the match, but I guess you can see the highlights somewhere.. mid court powerless balls, haha, make me laugh. Not even running to retrieve a lob.. anyway, my point is Murray isn't a poor player, but what Federer did, to me, is bad sport. That's just my opinion. And I'm not even bitter :lol:

The means to an end was different, but the end result turned out to be the same:

2008: Andy played his heart out, ousted Federer in RR, and lost out in the semi-final to Davydenko

2009: Federer gave a half-hearted but tactical performance, ousted Andy in RR, and lost out in the semi-final against none other than Davydenko.

Pure poetic justice. ;)

scoobs
11-30-2009, 06:09 AM
I will definitely be going again next year and I'll try and do it the same way again, I think - get tickets for the day and night sessions of the first two days so I get to see everybody once at least.

Hopefully Andy will be a little luckier next year!

Meanwhile I hope he gets some good rest and prepares well for next year - he's back playing again less than five week's time...

tedlesurfeur
12-02-2009, 05:54 PM
The means to an end was different, but the end result turned out to be the same:

2008: Andy played his heart out, ousted Federer in RR, and lost out in the semi-final to Davydenko

2009: Federer gave a half-hearted but tactical performance, ousted Andy in RR, and lost out in the semi-final against none other than Davydenko.

Pure poetic justice. ;)

Indeed, this was justice. What I wanted to point out was Andy being much more of an inspiration to me than our current No.1, Federer, who I respect as a player, but as a person, I'm not sure. For any Federer's fan lurking around, I'm just saying I like Andy's attitude and way of thinking better.

Scoobs, are you going with Loch Les next year?

MsTree
12-02-2009, 09:35 PM
He means me Scoobs in case he's being too obscure :lol:

Well I've booked the time off work already so I'm up for it :D I want to go to days 3 & 4 again (the 2nd round of RR matches) with maybe a day either side if funds permit. You fancy it Ted?

amdany
12-03-2009, 05:04 PM
Indeed, this was justice. What I wanted to point out was Andy being much more of an inspiration to me than our current No.1, Federer, who I respect as a player, but as a person, I'm not sure. For any Federer's fan lurking around, I'm just saying I like Andy's attitude and way of thinking better.

Scoobs, are you going with Loch Les next year?

:lol: good one Thomas;)