London draw? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

London draw?

shawshank
11-18-2009, 08:21 AM
Any news? It should be already out?
I want good groups for Rafa and Polish doubles teams;)

MurrayFan1
11-18-2009, 08:27 AM
Nah, it's done at 9.45am at the London Eye, so it should be done in 20-30 minutes.

duong
11-18-2009, 08:30 AM
Any news? It should be already out?
I want good groups for Rafa and Polish doubles teams;)

you should know that the British never do the same as the other Europeans :lol: : they are one hour lagging ;)

Goldenoldie
11-18-2009, 08:34 AM
you should know that the British never do the same as the other Europeans :lol: : they are one hour lagging ;)

We are right. Everybody else is wrong! :D:D:D:D:D:D

shawshank
11-18-2009, 08:39 AM

I don't know how is it possible, but I forgot about time diference;) i'm so bored on my classes and i want the draw to be out so much;) this is the reason!

Acer
11-18-2009, 08:44 AM
Come on you lazy Brits, I'm bored at work, I need this.

sweetymessi
11-18-2009, 08:55 AM
Group A: Roger Federer, Andy Murray, Juan Martin del Potro, Fernando Verdasco

Saumon
11-18-2009, 08:56 AM

Group B: Rafael Nadal, Novak Djokovic, Nikolay Davydenko, Robin Soderling

sweetymessi
11-18-2009, 08:56 AM

Sophocles
11-18-2009, 09:02 AM

Ouch.

zcess81
11-18-2009, 09:06 AM

Again?! By the time these two retire they'll play 70 matches between them. It's not even funny anymore.

Foxy
11-18-2009, 09:07 AM
Again?! By the time these two retire they'll play 70 matches between them. It's not even funny anymore.

One time in RR and again at the final. :zzz:

iriraz
11-18-2009, 09:08 AM
Looking at the groups it favours Murray and Federer in the first group considering Del Potro is struggling and in the other one it`s really tough to see Nadal getting out of it.Djokovic is the big favourite in that one but Soderling as well as Davydenko can clinch the second spot

Goldenoldie
11-18-2009, 09:10 AM
C'mon Andy!

duong
11-18-2009, 09:14 AM
Looking at the groups it favours Murray and Federer in the first group considering Del Potro is struggling and in the other one it`s really tough to see Nadal getting out of it.Djokovic is the big favourite in that one but Soderling as well as Davydenko can clinch the second spot

I agree, but we'll see : anything can happen in a Masters Cup, with players' injuries or problems.

Ad Wim
Bye bye Nadal!

Rika217
Easy draw for Nole :woohoo:

feuselino
11-18-2009, 09:15 AM
Interesting groups, I'd say. Hopefully Del Potro finds his form and is healthy, I'm looking forward to next week!

MIMIC
11-18-2009, 09:19 AM
Final: Djokovic vs. Federer

pachouille
11-18-2009, 09:20 AM
Where you see the draw please? I don't see anything on atp website

coonster14
11-18-2009, 09:22 AM
Where you see the draw please? I don't see anything on atp website

i found the groups info here. http://twitter.com/ATPWorldTour

MurrayFan1
11-18-2009, 09:23 AM
We are right. Everybody else is wrong! :D:D:D:D:D:D

This, the rest of Europe is just awkward. :cool:

pachouille
11-18-2009, 09:24 AM
i found the groups info here. http://twitter.com/ATPWorldTour

Many Thx!! ;)

Ad Wim
11-18-2009, 09:25 AM
Easy draw for Nole :woohoo:

Not at all unfortunately.

Would have rather had Verdasco or Potro with him. Verdasco is the weakest player and Potro isn't fully fit. Soderling and Davy are dangerous guys.

HarryMan
11-18-2009, 09:26 AM
Look forward to it, looks really exciting. :D

madmax
11-18-2009, 09:26 AM
Nadull is gonna struggle to win games in his group:devil: It was about time moonballer's unreal luck ended...

Commander Data
11-18-2009, 09:27 AM
About time for Federer to polish up some head to heads.

HarryMan
11-18-2009, 09:27 AM
I think Federer and Murray will get through from group A and Djokovic, Davydenko will get through from group B.

Voo de Mar
11-18-2009, 09:31 AM
Nadal-Djokovic again :rolleyes: Excluding the epic in Madrid this year, their matches are so boring. Good news Murray and Davydenko are separeted - their matches are even worse, complete bore-fest. Actually good draw for Denko who will avoid Federer...

shuhrat
11-18-2009, 09:31 AM

Would have rather had Verdasco or Potro with him. Verdasco is the weakest player and Potro isn't fully fit. Soderling and Davy are dangerous guys.
+1 :unsure:

Voo de Mar
11-18-2009, 09:34 AM
Group A: Nestor/Zimonjic, Bhupathi/Knowles, Cermak/Mertinak, Fyrstenberg/Matkowski
Group B: Bryan/Bryan, Dlouhy/Paes, Kubot/Marach, Mirnyi/Ram

alter ego
11-18-2009, 09:36 AM
Nadal-Djokovic again?! By the time these two retire they'll play 70 matches between them. It's not even funny anymore.

Davydenko Soderling is also getting ridiculous, they met 4 times since roland garros.

The B group is really something if you also look at the last meetings between players.

Djokovic, Davydenko,Soderling have all beaten Nadal, but Djokovic beat Soderling last week, Soderling beat Davydenko last week, and Davydenko beat Djokovic last month. :eek:

zcess81
11-18-2009, 09:38 AM

Davydenko is for sure dangerous, Soderling CAN be dangerous, but I think Nole has a massive mental edge over him, considering that Soderling never beat him before. He couldn't beat him when Novak was playing at a VERY low lever in their Paris Masters match, so I doubt he can beat him now when he is even more confident having won Paris last week. But on the other hand, Novak must be getting tired by now. He's played A LOT of tennis this year. That's the only way Soderling can beat him, if Novak get's exhausted...but if he plays well, Soderling is toast. For my money, I think Novak and Davydenko are getting out of that group to semis.

iriraz
11-18-2009, 09:38 AM
I wonder what the criteria for qualifing is if two/three players have the same number of wins.Also if someone withdraws during a match how will that affect the outcome of the group considering sets won/lost count

duong
11-18-2009, 09:39 AM
Soderling and Davy are dangerous guys.

Söderling is the typical guy whom I suspect can make a great match in that Masters Cup ... and then withdraw because of his elbow and completely trouble the group's hierarchy.

In the other group, Del Potro and Verdasco in a lesser extent. And even Murray who I suspect is not fully fit.

zcess81
11-18-2009, 09:40 AM
Davydenko Soderling is also getting ridiculous, they met 4 times since roland garros.

The B group is really something if you also look at the last meetings between players.

Djokovic, Davydenko,Soderling have all beaten Nadal, but Djokovic beat Soderling last week, Soderling beat Davydenko last week, and Davydenko beat Djokovic last month. :eek:

Yeah, promises to be EXCITING...can't wait. Hopefully my seats won't be TOO FAR away lol.

duong
11-18-2009, 09:43 AM
I wonder what the criteria for qualifing is if two/three players have the same number of wins.Also if someone withdraws during a match how will that affect the outcome of the group considering sets won/lost count

Rulebook :

The final standings of each group shall be determined by the first of the following
methods that apply:
a) Greatest number of wins;
b) Greatest number of matches played;
c) Head-to-head results if only two (2) players are tied,
d) If three (3) players are tied, then:
i) If three (3) players each have one win, a player having played less than all
three (3) matches is automatically eliminated and the player advancing to
the single elimination competition is the winner of the match-up of the two
(2) players tied with 1-2 records; or
ii) Highest percentage of sets won; or
iii) Highest percentage of games won.
iv) If (i), (ii) or (iii) produce one (1) superior player (first place), or one (1) inferior
player (third place), and the two (2) remaining players are tied, the tie
between those two (2) players shall be broken by head-to-head record.

duong
11-18-2009, 09:52 AM
Do we know the order of the matches ?

HarryMan
11-18-2009, 09:55 AM
BBC are only showing 1 group Match all week ( on Sunday afternoon)

Place your bets on Federer v Murray !!!!!

Do you mean we start with this match? Won't the best player and the last seed play the first match, just wondering?

duong
11-18-2009, 09:57 AM
Do you mean we start with this match? Won't the best player and the last seed play the first match, just wondering?

there's no rule like that in the rulebook, maybe in the past but not now.

HarryMan
11-18-2009, 09:58 AM
there's no rule like that in the rulebook, maybe in the past but not now.

Okay cool. Thanks for the clarification.

duong
11-18-2009, 10:00 AM
Okay cool. Thanks for the clarification.

yet it's not written in the rulebook how they do : I guess it's hazard but :confused:

Ad Wim
11-18-2009, 10:10 AM
Of the 4 times they've met, two times Davy and DJoko have played each other in the TMC. This will be the 3rd time, out of 5 :lol:

ImmzB
11-18-2009, 10:15 AM
OOP?

Dini
11-18-2009, 10:25 AM
I think hope Fed will win the three matches he requires to clinch the YE #1. Wins over Del Potro and Verdasco (maybe a loss to Murray) and then a win in the semi. :shrug:

duong
11-18-2009, 10:30 AM
I think hope Fed will win the three matches he requires to clinch the YE #1. Wins over Del Potro and Verdasco (maybe a loss to Murray) and then a win in the semi. :shrug:

you can think whatever you want but it's far from done :lol: ... and Federer probably will not need that to stay number 1, as Nadal should win all matches for Federer not to be enough with two wins

Dini
11-18-2009, 10:31 AM
Nadal-Djokovic again :rolleyes: Excluding the epic in Madrid this year, their matches are so boring. Good news Murray and Davydenko are separeted - their matches are even worse, complete bore-fest. Actually good draw for Denko who will avoid Federer...

Epic rivalry. All their clay encounters this year have been exciting (minus DC) - and their Beijing match last year too.

you can think whatever you want but it's far from done :lol: ... and Federer probably will not need that to stay number 1, as Nadal should win all matches for Federer not to be enough with two wins

I know it's far from done, hence the *hope* bit. ;]

duong
11-18-2009, 10:31 AM
The order of play can change a lot of things : for instance, it may be far worse for Nadal to meet Söderling in first match ... as Söderling may be injured after his first match.

Certinfy
11-18-2009, 10:36 AM
I fear Nadal might not win a match :p

Dini
11-18-2009, 10:37 AM
I think Nadal will win a match against Soderling. Revenge. :devil:

Matt01
11-18-2009, 10:38 AM
I fear Nadal might not win a match :p

I think you rather hope so, not fear so. :p

duong
11-18-2009, 10:49 AM
The fact that they don't give the order of the matches at once clearly lets us suggest that it's manipulated and decided for the TVs or other purposes :shrug:

Ad Wim
11-18-2009, 11:02 AM
The order of play can change a lot of things : for instance, it may be far worse for Nadal to meet Söderling in first match ... as Söderling may be injured after his first match.

Why would Soderling withdraw? His elbow is fine and there are lots of points at stake. And BTW, then Tsonga comes in, and he's maybe even better than Soderling...

JolánGagó
11-18-2009, 11:04 AM
I think Nadal will win a match against Soderling. Revenge. :devil:

You're trying too hard to jinx.

Dini
11-18-2009, 11:16 AM
You're trying too hard to jinx.

I don't believe in that crap. :shrug: I think if there's one match Nadal is motivated to win, it's that one - regardless of form. I don't doubt that he'll do everything in his power to avenge that defeat and I think he'll do it based on his fighting qualities and Robin's so-so form right now.

Voo de Mar
11-18-2009, 11:35 AM
Epic rivalry. All their clay encounters this year have been exciting (minus DC) - and their Beijing match last year too.

Sorry but for me a scoreline 6-3 2-6 6-1 is never exciting :p

Dini
11-18-2009, 11:40 AM
Sorry but for me a scoreline 6-3 2-6 6-1 is never exciting :p

Voo there was much more to that match than that. :p I don't think Nadal played horrendous stuff in the second - Djok just caught fire. In the 3rd set, the first two games were big. :lol: Nadal broke Djokovic only for Djokovic to break right back and then Nadal won 5 successive games . :rolls:

So what is your favourite active rivalry then? :p

Voo de Mar
11-18-2009, 11:42 AM
So what is your favourite active rivalry then? :p

I haven't got a favorite rivalry. But believe me, among all Nadal-Djokovic matches I enjoyed only the one in Madrid :drool:

Jōris
11-18-2009, 11:44 AM
I haven't got a favorite rivalry. But believe me, among all Nadal-Djokovic matches I enjoyed only the one in Madrid :drool:

http://www.atpworldtour.com/Players/Head-To-Head.aspx?pId=K336&oId=R485

Karlovic - Roddick, 11 tiebreaks ;)

Xristos
11-18-2009, 11:45 AM
Rafa is going to have a hard time.

Voo de Mar
11-18-2009, 11:48 AM
http://www.atpworldtour.com/Players/Head-To-Head.aspx?pId=K336&oId=R485

Karlovic - Roddick, 11 tiebreaks ;)

Too one-sided rivarly, Roddick won 4 matches 7-6 7-6 :lol: Easy to predict ;)

tennishero
11-18-2009, 11:51 AM
were is the order of play? has it been released yet?

Dini
11-18-2009, 11:52 AM
Arend :spit:

Getta
11-18-2009, 11:54 AM
Arend :spit:

love his sparkling sense of humour.

Certinfy
11-18-2009, 12:02 PM
I enjoy Karlovic vs Roddick matches, i actually look forward to them :help:

KaiserT
11-18-2009, 12:05 PM
I need this damn schedule :(

shawshank
11-18-2009, 12:08 PM
In Masters Cup in the first 2 days od RR top seeded player plays with the last seeded player.

So on Sunday/Monday it will be:
Federer-Verdasco
Murray-Del Potro

and

Nadal-Soderling
Djokovic-Davydenko

duong
11-18-2009, 12:13 PM
Why would Soderling withdraw? His elbow is fine and there are lots of points at stake. And BTW, then Tsonga comes in, and he's maybe even better than Soderling...

a few weeks ago, the doctors advised him to stop his season, and now his elbow is fine ? :confused:

(I don't think that Tsonga is as good btw :D ... and he also has a physical problem :rolleyes: )

duong
11-18-2009, 12:14 PM
In Masters Cup in the first 2 days od RR top seeded player plays with the last seeded player.

So on Sunday/Monday it will be:
Federer-Verdasco
Murray-Del Potro

and

Nadal-Soderling
Djokovic-Davydenko

I haven't read anything like that : where do you take that idea from ?

cakedraw
11-18-2009, 12:19 PM
It's truly sad for Nadal when I saw the draw, hope he overcomes Davydenko and Soderling, not the best opponents of late.

Byrd
11-18-2009, 12:21 PM
Hahaha, Nadull is finished, the luck has run out for him and he'll be lucky to even win a match. Hopefully the RG demons comeback to haunt him :lol:

prafull
11-18-2009, 12:28 PM
Group A: 1. Andy Murray 2. Roger Federer

Group B: 1. Djokovic 2. Rafael Nadal

Semi finals djokovic bt Federer Nadal bt Murray

Final: Nadal bt Djokovic

Foxy
11-18-2009, 12:34 PM

It's always done that way.
First seed against last seed and other match is what players are in between.
Don't know about this year. Probably the same.

Johnny Groove
11-18-2009, 12:34 PM
Damn, Nadal's got his work cut out for him, but at least he's got a chance to get some revenge wins in the RR stage.

shawshank
11-18-2009, 12:35 PM

I can't show you an official proof, but you can look at the history of TMC. For the last few years it was always the same. First, top seeded players played with those last seeded, and then in 2 round winners of first day played each other and so did losers.
The only thing they are doing right now is the specific OOP- who plays in the day session and who in the night session.
The only chance that something could be different is that this year it is a little bit different tournament. As you know it's not TMC, but WTF. Still, I'm almost sure that it will look as I said ;)

Certinfy
11-18-2009, 12:38 PM
Murray most likely to be put for night sessions i suppose? :D

duong
11-18-2009, 01:01 PM
I can't show you an official proof, but you can look at the history of TMC. For the last few years it was always the same. First, top seeded players played with those last seeded, and then in 2 round winners of first day played each other and so did losers.
The only thing they are doing right now is the specific OOP- who plays in the day session and who in the night session.
The only chance that something could be different is that this year it is a little bit different tournament. As you know it's not TMC, but WTF. Still, I'm almost sure that it will look as I said ;)

Shawnshank is right :

- first seed meets last seed in first match

- the two winners meet in second match

Since 2003, it works like that :

http://www.barclaysatpworldtourfinals.com/Results/Singles3.aspx

shawshank
11-18-2009, 01:24 PM
For the first match, it seems that you're right.

However, for the second match, I can see no peculiar rule :

http://www.barclaysatpworldtourfinals.com/Results/Singles3.aspx

For instance, last year, in the second match, Djokovic (first seed of his group and winner of his first match) met in the second match, the second seed and winner of the other match (Davydenko).

But in that case, Federer should have met Murray in second match, and he didn't.

In 2007, Federer met the second seed (and loser of first match), Nadal the third one and winner of first match.

No no no. Federer and Roddick lost first matches and then they played each other (except Steps came in for A-Rod), meanwhile Simon played with Murray (they both won their first matches).

The same with the other group. Djoko played Davo, coz they both won their first matches.

After first matches seedings are no longer important. You only look at who lost has to play each other and who won has as well to play each other.

duong
11-18-2009, 01:30 PM
OK, sorry :o

you're right Shawnshank : since 2003 it's like that, the two winners meet in second match

duong
11-18-2009, 01:34 PM
Ok then thanks to Shawnshank, that gives us for first match :

- Federer/Verdasco and Murray/Del Potro
- Nadal/Söderling and Djokovic/Davydenko

Then the two winners of first match meet in second match, the two losers also meet (unless there's a withdrawal :o )

Garson007
11-18-2009, 02:32 PM
Ok then thanks to Shawnshank, that gives us for first match :

- Federer/Verdasco and Murray/Del Potro
- Nadal/Söderling and Djokovic/Davydenko

Then the two winners of first match meet in second match, the two losers also meet (unless there's a withdrawal :o )

I.e. - The out of form and The injured
- The revenge x2

Group B seems to be more interesting half on the first day.

Dini
11-18-2009, 02:33 PM
Blick is reporting that Federer plays JMDP first. This is really confusing. :confused:

Certinfy
11-18-2009, 02:35 PM
Shit!!! I hope they're wrong.

duong
11-18-2009, 02:49 PM
What has never happened before is to have the host broadcaster only showing ONE Group match so we cannot predict Match 1 Order

You can bet that BBC will fix the first round so Murray is on in afternoon on Sunday

And during the week, it's the same : the BBC only shows afternoon match ?

SerenaFederer
11-18-2009, 02:57 PM
wow :lol: federer better get this

duong
11-18-2009, 02:58 PM
No the BBC show ONLY Sunday afternoon

Then Semis

Then Final

Sky Sports
Every Session, Singles and Doubles

Thanks : then I guess Murray might play sunday afternoon then tuesday evening (against Federer if they both win their first match ?)

Certinfy
11-18-2009, 02:59 PM
Surely the BBC will show every Murray match? :rolleyes:

Noleta
11-18-2009, 03:03 PM
Group B is the more interesting one i think,you can bet both Fed&Murray will win their group:shrug:Not sure who's gonna make it from Gr.Bnshould be Nole&Rafa:shrug:But don't underestimate the Sod and Davy:eek:

rocketassist
11-18-2009, 03:12 PM
Group B, can see Nadal ending up on 0 points against those three ball strikers.

philosophicalarf
11-18-2009, 03:39 PM
Group B, can see Nadal ending up on 0 points against those three ball strikers.

Does depend who he plays last though :-) Also in a dead rubber, he might be trying harder than the other guy.

Imagine....

Soderling d. Nadal
Davy d. Djoko

Davy d. Soderling
Djoko d. Nadal

Davy would have two wins, Djoko and Sod one. Thus, nothing for Davy to play for against Nadal (except perhaps group ordering to avoid Fed?).

duong
11-18-2009, 03:52 PM
Does depend who he plays last though :-) Also in a dead rubber, he might be trying harder than the other guy.

Imagine....

Soderling d. Nadal
Davy d. Djoko

Davy d. Soderling
Djoko d. Nadal

Davy would have two wins, Djoko and Sod one. Thus, nothing for Davy to play for against Nadal (except perhaps group ordering to avoid Fed?).

Davy would be certain to be first in the group for sure in that case, but he would still play seriously :

- for money (each win gives a lot of money)

- for ATP points (each win gives 200 ATP points)

- because he would be euphoric, and he's dangerous when he's like that : Davydenko's game is about rhythm and when he's in the good rhythm, he prefers keeping it

- also because I think he likes beating Nadal : it's a win which gives a lot of prestige and not so difficult for him, and also from some of his interviews, he's not a great fan of Nadal's ;) (nearly suspecting him of doping in some parts I read) whereas he has Federer in both deep fear and admiration (I remember a question of a journalist "what's different between playing Fed and Nadal" and the answer showed that he feared and admired a lot Federer, not Nadal)

safin-rules-no.1
11-18-2009, 03:54 PM
Surely the BBC will show every Murray match? :rolleyes:

Sky Sports have the broadcasting rights in the UK. They WILL show every Murray match :(

safin-rules-no.1
11-18-2009, 03:55 PM

Then Semis

Then Final

Sky Sports

Thus makes no sense that the BBC would pay (presumably quite a lot) for one day :scratch:

Burrow
11-18-2009, 03:58 PM
Group B is the more interesting one i think,you can bet both Fed&Murray will win their group:shrug:Not sure who's gonna make it from Gr.Bnshould be Nole&Rafa:shrug:But don't underestimate the Sod and Davy:eek:

how should it be rafael nadal? davydenko owns him on hard

Noleta
11-18-2009, 04:06 PM
Sky Sports have the broadcasting rights in the UK. They WILL show every Murray match :(

But they'll have the interactive button,right:unsure:

But his form of last isn't good:shrug:Lost to Youzhny and Soderling:shrug:

Burrow
11-18-2009, 04:08 PM

match ups?

duong
11-18-2009, 04:08 PM

it was not so bad and I guess he can be dangerous

(but he doesn't like playing Söderling, that's true ... and also I think that Djokovic is superior)

Burrow
11-18-2009, 04:09 PM

and why would they need interactive? one match at a time isn't it?

Clay Death
11-18-2009, 04:09 PM

http://i812.photobucket.com/albums/zz47/claydeath/siesta.jpg

Dini
11-18-2009, 04:10 PM
Davydenko is Soderling's pigeon. He beats him playing utter shite and he thrashes him playing well. :shrug:

Lee
11-18-2009, 04:10 PM

Then Semis

Then Final

Sky Sports

Thus makes no sense that the BBC would pay (presumably quite a lot) for one day :scratch:

If I interpret Judio's post correctly, it means BBC will show Sunday afternoon, semi-final and final matches while Sky sports will show the rest.

djb84xi
11-18-2009, 04:11 PM
The bottom half of the draw is tough, and honestly, I'm looking forward to seeing the matches in group B more than I am for group A. The fact that Nadal has to face Djokovic :fiery:, Davydenko :scared: and the Sodomizer again :explode: will be real interesting to watch. I hope he finds a way to overcome all 3 opponents. Unlike the WTA championships in Doha, the drama in London should be well worth watching. I wish all 8 guys best of luck!

Noleta
11-18-2009, 04:12 PM
match ups?

You have a point:cool:

it was not so bad and I guess he can be dangerous

(but he doesn't like playing Söderling, that's true ... and also I think that Djokovic is superior)

Nole lost to him in the SF(7-0)last set TB:o

and why would they need interactive? one match at a time isn't it?

You're right lol,what was i thinking:smash:

duong
11-18-2009, 04:13 PM
Davydenko is Soderling's pigeon. He beats him playing utter shite and he thrashes him playing well. :shrug:

Davydenko doesn't like Söderling's game, but he beat him in Kuala in a match on a similar surface as this one from what I've heard.

Also I'm not so confident about Söderling's physical condition.

duong
11-18-2009, 04:14 PM
Nole lost to him in the SF(7-0)last set TB:o

Davydenko played a huge match in this one, and Djokovic still took him to third set tie-break ;)

Dini
11-18-2009, 04:15 PM
Davydenko doesn't like Söderling's game, but he beat him in Kuala in a match on a similar surface as this one from what I've heard.

And even the KL match Soderling should have won in straights. He was up in the second set by a break IIRC.

Also I'm not so confident about Söderling's physical condition.

Yes that's true.

Certinfy
11-18-2009, 04:15 PM
It wasn't 7-0 in the TB was it? :rolleyes:

duong
11-18-2009, 04:19 PM
And even the KL match Soderling should have won in straights. He was up in the second set by a break IIRC.

yes but Davydenko started this match without confidence, and he fought : that's why I think the result is good for his confidence (although he lost again in Paris, because his game doesn't fit Söderling's, especially Söd's very long balls).

Davydenko deserved that win in Kuala even though the match was tight and Söd made some errors from the 2nd set TB.

tennishero
11-18-2009, 04:24 PM

sky sports is a joke, they have complete monopoly over sports.

roberthenman
11-18-2009, 04:25 PM
Come on Andy take the title :rocker2:

tennishero
11-18-2009, 04:45 PM
Television Broadcasters In United Kingdom

Sunday, 22 November, 2009
Sky Sports Xtra 12:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. LIVE
BBC 2 2:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. LIVE
Sky Sports 3 2:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. LIVE
Sky Sports 1 7:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m. LIVE

Monday, 23 November, 2009
Sky Sports 1 12:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. LIVE
Sky Sports 2 7:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m. LIVE

Tuesday, 24 November, 2009
Sky Sports 3 7:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m. LIVE

Wednesday, 25 November, 2009
Sky Sports 2 12:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. LIVE

Thursday, 26 November, 2009

Friday, 27 November, 2009

Saturday, 28 November, 2009
BBC 2 2:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. LIVE

Sunday, 29 November, 2009
Sky Sports 3 12:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. LIVE
BBC 2 2:00 - 5:30 LIVE

BBC is showing this sunday's afternoon match, which means Murray is likely to play.

Vida
11-18-2009, 06:40 PM
djoker to beat murray in one semi, fed over davy in the other. finals is a toss-up.

Clay Death
11-18-2009, 06:56 PM
djoker to beat murray in one semi, fed over davy in the other. finals is a toss-up.

i will stick with the serbian slayer. i think he strikes again while the striking is good. he has won 10 matches in a row and looks to be on a roll.

http://i812.photobucket.com/albums/zz47/claydeath/QM9JFCARTU6EICAMSGXH0CA6L12T0CAG9R9.jpg

Ichiban1920
11-18-2009, 07:02 PM
Watching pig-faced Nadull get blasted off the court is going to be awesome. Can't wait.

Foxy
11-18-2009, 07:03 PM
Television Broadcasters In United Kingdom

Sunday, 22 November, 2009
Sky Sports Xtra 12:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. LIVE
BBC 2 2:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. LIVE
Sky Sports 3 2:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. LIVE

Monday, 23 November, 2009

Tuesday, 24 November, 2009

Wednesday, 25 November, 2009

Thursday, 26 November, 2009

Friday, 27 November, 2009

Saturday, 28 November, 2009
BBC 2 2:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. LIVE

Sunday, 29 November, 2009
Sky Sports 3 12:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. LIVE
BBC 2 2:00 - 5:30 LIVE

BBC is showing this sunday's afternoon match, which means Murray is likely to play.

The tournament schedule sux big time. The group which starts first has a clear advantage. The second group second match third tie day could finish late in the evening and play SF early in the afternoon the very next day while the first group will have a day rest? WTF? At least they should have scheduled third tie day matches earlier.

Also the first SF players will have a huge advantage as their match will be finished hours earlier than second SF starts. They should have scheduled them one after another.

Clay Death
11-18-2009, 07:09 PM
Watching pig-faced Nadull get blasted off the court is going to be awesome. Can't wait.

right. why watch the game. live only to see some injured player who has struggled all year to lose.

very rich stuff there Itchy Wankerski.

http://i812.photobucket.com/albums/zz47/claydeath/QM9JFCARTU6EICAMSGXH0CA6L12T0CAG9R9.jpg

jcempire
11-18-2009, 07:44 PM

Fed always luck

Go Nadal

guga2120
11-18-2009, 07:44 PM
It's good Federer and Murray are in the same group, that should be an intresting match. I thought Murray, had him figured out, but Cinci, made me question that. Del Potro, should not be a big factor. He is nowhere near what he was this summer. I am suprised he is playing.

Rafa, has to deal with Novak again, that's too bad. I don't see the result being any different than Paris. I think he beats Soderling and Daveydenko is tight, but Novak will most likely blast him off the court right now.

madmax
11-18-2009, 07:47 PM
does anyone know, who is the next alternate in the draw?

Certinfy
11-18-2009, 07:52 PM
Tsonga.

nastoff
11-18-2009, 07:56 PM
sky sports is a joke, they have complete monopoly over sports.

It's gone a lot worse this year. Soon there will be no sports shown on terrestrial UK channels at all and Sky will have it all on pay-per-view.

tennishero
11-18-2009, 08:09 PM
It's gone a lot worse this year. Soon there will be no sports shown on terrestrial UK channels at all and Sky will have it all on pay-per-view.
im surprised ofcom haven't done anything about this, there should be more competition.

Arkulari
11-19-2009, 04:17 AM
Rafa got three people who have beaten him this year, Roger got two, it's gonna be interesting that way

I think that Roger and Muzza are safe bets on their group, but apart from Nole, Rafa's group is way more closed off and he's gotten the short end of the stick there, if Toad can get over Davy, he can be the surprise Semifinalist

I still think the final will be Roger-Nole, and the result is hard to predict, Nole is the on-fire player but one should never count Roger out in a final, specially one that can help him tie yet another record ;)

Garson007
11-19-2009, 10:32 AM
I still think the final will be Roger-Nole, and the result is hard to predict, Nole is the on-fire player but one should never count Roger out in a final, specially one that can help him tie yet another record ;)
It is however a best of three sets final. I'd give Djokovic the edge for that reason.

tennishero
11-19-2009, 12:00 PM
awesome!

duong
11-19-2009, 12:05 PM
It is however a best of three sets final. I'd give Djokovic the edge for that reason.

usually Federer makes a good first set, then I rather think it's a disadvantage for Djokovic that's it's best of 3.

I know about the reputation "Federer being better in best of-5", but I'm not so sure about that : this stat is a combination of several points ... and Federer was burnt in the 5th set against JMDP and against Nadal in Melbourne.

duong
11-19-2009, 12:06 PM
ORDER OF PLAY – SUNDAY, 22 NOVEMBER, 2009

CENTRE COURT – start 12:30 pm
[1] D Nestor (CAN / N Zimonjic (SRB) vs [8] M Fyrstenberg (POL) / M Matkowski (POL)
Not Before 2:15 pm
[4] A Murray (GBR) vs [5] J del Potro (ARG)
At 7:00 pm
[3] M Bhupathi (IND) / M Knowles (BAH) vs [5] F Cermak (CZE) / M Mertinak (SVK)
Not Before 8:45 pm
[1] R Federer (SUI) vs [7] F Verdasco (ESP)
ORDER OF PLAY – MONDAY, 23 NOVEMBER, 2009

CENTRE COURT – start 12:30 pm
[2] B Bryan (USA) / M Bryan (USA) vs [7] M Mirnyi (BLR) / A Ram (ISR)
Not Before 2:15 pm
[2] R Nadal (ESP) vs [8] R Soderling (SWE)*
At 7:00 pm
[4] L Dlouhy (CZE) / L Paes (IND) vs L Kubot (POL) / O Marach (AUT)
Not Before 8:45 pm
[3] N Djokovic vs [6] N Davydenko (RUS)

Thanks a lot : note that it's English time (one hour late comparing to the rest of Europe) ;)

MurrayFan1
11-19-2009, 12:59 PM
Wednesday NIGHT could be Nadal v Djokovic

This would be :worship: as I will be there!

So hope it isn't Soderling-Davydenko but I am not really sure how the decide who plays who in the second matches, can anyone enlighten me?

Garson007
11-19-2009, 01:53 PM
What about the group B guys who have to play Friday night then again Saturday morning? :o

MurrayFan1
11-19-2009, 01:57 PM
Simple

Two Winners from Match 1 play in Match 2

Two Losers play in other Match on that Day

This means that you can never have 2 dead matches
for Match 3 as it is impossible to have two players on a
2-0 record

Better be the winners in the evening then!

Foxy
11-19-2009, 06:57 PM
Murray (one days rest) vs Opponent (Playing until midnight the night before)

The schedule for the tournament is a complete joke. It would take an extra human effort the winner to be from the stronger group B.

MsTree
11-19-2009, 06:58 PM
Whereas last year it was Murray ripping Fed a new one till midnight the night before the semis and Davydenko got a days rest. Swings and roundabouts. :p

jonas
11-19-2009, 10:20 PM
Yeah, remember that. It was ridiculous from Murray to empty his tank against Fed in that last RR, because he was already through to the semis. He should've done like Djokovic who tanked against Tsonga.

MalwareDie
11-19-2009, 10:25 PM
Yeah, remember that. It was ridiculous from Murray to empty his tank against Fed in that last RR, because he was already through to the semis. He should've done like Djokovic who tanked against Tsonga.

Beating Federer is better than winning a tournament, no?

jonas
11-19-2009, 10:33 PM

:lol:

It was a great match, though, IIRC. One of the best between Fed and Murray?

zcess81
11-20-2009, 09:47 AM

I don't think Djokovic tanked, he simply didn't try his best. I'm sure he wanted to win but he was never going to kill himself to do it, like Murray did against Fed.

jonas
11-20-2009, 10:00 AM
I don't think Djokovic tanked, he simply didn't try his best.

Well, in my world that's a diplomatic way of saying that he tanked.

zcess81
11-20-2009, 10:36 AM
Well, in my world that's a diplomatic way of saying that he tanked.

I think there is a difference. To tank means you decide to lose the match on purpose. Novak was trying to win, he won the 1st set, didn't he? Why would he do that if he didn't want to win. Besides, all players have an extra motivation to win, especially at the Masters Cup, because there is a quite a signifficant prize money difference if you win the tournament unbeaten.

jonas
11-20-2009, 10:56 AM
Ok. I get your point. A "tank light" then? :angel:

Time Violation
11-20-2009, 11:02 AM
Sort of. If I remember correctly, he won the first set, had a good chance in the second one too, but when he blew it, he didn't bother anymore in the third. :)

MariaV
11-20-2009, 11:08 AM
Both Djokovic and Nadal 'killed' themselves to win the Madrid semis this year, and it ruined their both summers pretty much IMO. ;)
So sometimes it's better not to try the hardest, doesn't mean a tank. Well, *tank light' may be necessary sometimes. ;)

shmeeko69
11-20-2009, 11:08 AM
I think with the tight format, they expect
these guys to be supreme athletes, as well
as great tennis players, can you imagine
footballers having to play tight schedules ?

Mark :bolt:

zcess81
11-20-2009, 11:36 AM
Both Djokovic and Nadal 'killed' themselves to win the Madrid semis this year, and it ruined their both summers pretty much IMO. ;)So sometimes it's better not to try the hardest, doesn't mean a tank. Well, *tank light' may be necessary sometimes. ;)

That's what I've been saying few months back. After that match everything went south for both men...although Djokovic seems to be doing a lot better now.

rocketassist
11-20-2009, 12:59 PM
Both Djokovic and Nadal 'killed' themselves to win the Madrid semis this year, and it ruined their both summers pretty much IMO. ;)
So sometimes it's better not to try the hardest, doesn't mean a tank. Well, *tank light' may be necessary sometimes. ;)

Not in Djokovic's case :shrug: He just isn't that good on grass and Kohli can upset most guys on his day.

gusavo
11-20-2009, 06:14 PM
Yeah, remember that. It was ridiculous from Murray to empty his tank against Fed in that last RR
no

MIMIC
11-20-2009, 08:28 PM

Benneteau certainly thought so.