Przysiezny prospects in 2010 [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Przysiezny prospects in 2010

KrisJB
11-18-2009, 08:27 AM
Przysiezny proved in last two months that John Lloyd's appreciation during Davis Cup vs. Great Britain was justified. He made a rise from No. 678 to No. 318 this week and is supposed to jump a few places after Bratislava challenger. He plays a smooth game imitating the Roger style a little bit with his service motion and forehand. How do you expect him to perform in 2010? Is he able to repeat Kubot success? He is not a very powerful guy but hits in a clean and elegant way with a good game plan.

born_on_clay
11-18-2009, 08:52 AM
No, in my opinion he won't be able to enter the top 100
But I hope he'll prove me wrong

MurrayFan1
11-18-2009, 09:21 AM
Looks a very decent prospect, but then again look what we said about the likes of Gubis etc...

Nathaliia
11-18-2009, 12:06 PM
He already has got a thread, just to clean it off the redundant pictures by a redundant poster :o
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=153195&highlight=goat

Przysiężny, best technique among Polish players, great talent. Wasted talent since he appeared on tour. I fear he's been through so much in his health sports life that he'll never fight as much as a healthier person would. The body will always think before it goes to reach a risky ball or something.

I wish him all the best nevertheless. Tennis needs players like this. Not a pusher and not a ballbasher - just a smart dude.

Certinfy
11-18-2009, 01:04 PM
Top 200 at most i guess.

Ivanatis
11-18-2009, 02:28 PM
the problem is, he already was where he is now and back then he was 2-3 years younger and failed to deliver afterwards

Top150, no more

Burrow
11-18-2009, 02:33 PM
25, should be at the peak of his powers, hes been top 200 before and i doubt he can reach or go much further again.

Voo de Mar
11-18-2009, 02:34 PM
I don't see any prospect for him to reach Top 100.

Nathaliia
11-18-2009, 04:37 PM
the problem is, he already was where he is now and back then he was 2-3 years younger and failed to deliver afterwards

Top150, no more
2 surgeries? these are the ones I know about...

Burrow
11-18-2009, 04:49 PM
that makes his chances even worse

Smoke944
11-18-2009, 07:21 PM
Looks a very decent prospect, but then again look what we said about the likes of Gubis etc...

To say that's a ridiculous and stupid comparison is an understatement. Gulbis was ranked higher than Przysiezny's career high when he just turned 18. As shitty as Gulbis is right now he is still only 21 and a talent on the highest level. Przysiezny is probably at best no more than a good challenger player. That being said, more power to him if he can make the top-100.

Hellraiser
11-18-2009, 10:36 PM
I knew it, I knew it somebody make something like this topic. :p

First I'm counting on that Przysiezny be on AO QS or at high position in alternates atm by making nice results in the end of season, then after AO to be at his highest position about #190 and maybe then I'll look forward to support our Polish Fedex to play in #250 or others ATP tours and go to MD, but it must be step by step.

Wojtek
11-19-2009, 08:31 AM
He has very good serve and very weak return. Check his tb record - he is terrible in tb

bjurra
11-19-2009, 03:23 PM
His tb record is 70-67.

Edit: Now 70-68

gaitare
11-28-2009, 01:03 PM
Michał is through to the final of Helsinki challenger, all matches (Levy, Kirillov, K. Beck, Haase) won in straight sets (although today on-the-comeback-trail Robin had set points in the second set saved by Michal's good volleys, Robin generally troubled him today, hope Robin is back where he belongs next year) with a lot of beautiful, offensive, ballbashing-free tennis on display throughout the week.

If this form continues, if he's got all those injuries really behind him, if he improved his mental toughness, which seems to be the case, he's a safe bet for top 100 next year and some REALLY good results in the main tour.

Certinfy
11-28-2009, 01:56 PM
Nice week for him.

Klaas_nalbandian
11-28-2009, 05:50 PM
He really played very good on the bps for Haase. His serve was amazing...Overall a good match today although Haase should have won the second set. Curious if he keeps playing on this level

gaitare
02-09-2010, 11:43 AM
Time for an update, since I'm a big fanboy.

Michał has just won a challenger in Kazan and is top 150 for the first time in his career. He has virtually no points to defend till late October. He was playing great in late 2009, now he's playing *only* very good, and hopefully this win will give him confidence after some gloomy endings of sets in January.

(next part is for no-lifes only)

JANUARY:
Michal started the season in Doha, lost to Benny Becker in Q2 after leading 6:4 6:6 and facing no breakpoints. Becker got his first minibreak in the tiebreak and Michał folded like a cheap tent, then lost the 3rd 6:4 after having a few 0:30s in the latter stages of the set on BB's serve.

Played AO qualifying, dig himself out of a hole against Okun in Q2, lost to Ebden (who was looking pretty good against Monfils in R1) in Q3 5:7 2:6, after missing a few breakpoints in the middle of the set and a crucial one to get a rebreak to make a tiebreak in the first. Started the 2nd set terribly and never regrouped.

Went to Heilbronn challenger, qualified (beat Vinci in Q3, who had loads of chances in that match and should have won it in two but lost in two), lost to young WC Stebe in R1; playing absolutely shit on return, found himself 6:3* up in the first tiebreak, squandered 2 setpoints easily, got screwed up big time by a linesjudge on the 3rd, at 6:6 Stebe's passing shot clipped the net and Michal netted unplayable volley. Stebe won that set and 2nd as well, Michal logged out from that match after the first set and looked a tad disinterested, but all credit to Stebe.

FEBRUARY

Won Kazan rather easily, being in trouble only once - 2:4 down against Kirillov in the 3rd in R2

http://eng.kazancup.ru/photo_1265614861.jpg
Winning Kazan (photo by R. Kruchinin)

azza
02-09-2010, 11:48 AM
i like cheese

CooCooCachoo
02-09-2010, 12:02 PM
Kazan was a weak Challenger. Michal is doing fine now, but I don't think he will really trouble any big players.

gaitare
02-09-2010, 12:26 PM
Kazan was a weak Challenger. Michal is doing fine now, but I don't think he will really trouble any big players.

Yes, it was :). In terms of raw talent, he's got heaps. More than Kubot for example, who slowly may turn into a bit of an overachiever, and I don't mind that all. Yes, Michał's footwork may be lazy at times, his forehand on the run is not great, sometimes has terrible days on return, mental side of the game was never his forte and so on. But most of his shots (if he believes in himself and doesn't get down on himself easily) are really ones of a very, very solid top 100 player (volleys are top notch, forehand is really good, backhand usually holds up) and I really hope he gets there this year and stays there for looooong (shameless fanboyism).

Team_Roddick
02-09-2010, 02:09 PM
Actually a think he's much better than Łukasz Kubot. Wojciech Fibak picked him couple of years ago as a most talented polish player who is armed to threat ATP top50. Michał is far from that at the moment but he's doing incomparably better than few years ago.

For now I wish him to win few more challengers and than we'll see.

gaitare
04-17-2010, 11:21 PM
Michał is top 100 on Monday

Naysayers in this thread :rolleyes: :nerner: :D

spriwi
04-17-2010, 11:43 PM
He really is on a roll this year, though I think he should try to play some ATP qualies instead of sticking to challengers when he's already in top100.
I like Przysiezny's game - maybe apart from weak mentality which often proves to be costly - he has everything on a decent level: a good serve, smooth fh, single handed bh with a really good technique which is not often to be seen these days and some exquisite touch at the net. Just hope he stays healthy long enough to join Lukasz in top50 :)
ok, i got carried away ;)

Montego
04-18-2010, 12:06 AM
If mugs like Serra or Chris Rochus can be in the Top50 - then Przysiezny also can reach it one day.

andy neyer
04-18-2010, 12:18 AM
The torment of the Brits. I wish him luck :)

Ad Wim
04-18-2010, 10:25 AM
Don't forget he deliberately seeks out the weakest challengers. It's a good strategy to get into the top 100 obviously, but it doesn't mean that he's ready for the ATP-tour yet.

KrisJB
04-18-2010, 11:47 AM
It is certain that he will play without quallies in Wimbledon and US Open. He can be also hopeful to get directly into Roland Garros as he is just 5th on the alternate list.

Hellraiser
04-18-2010, 11:50 AM
After Leon, Michal gonna make a little break and in May he will try to go through qualys in Estoril.

n8
04-18-2010, 12:11 PM
It is certain that he will play without quallies in Wimbledon and US Open. He can be also hopeful to get directly into Roland Garros as he is just 5th on the alternate list.

Yep. He's got virtually no points to defend until October! Impressive stuff from the 26 year old.

Kraxths
04-18-2010, 12:16 PM
great scheduler :lol:

Nathaliia
04-18-2010, 01:15 PM
Good stuff with the schedule. It was a really smart move as he achieved his dream of reaching top 100, and now, when not having to defend points, he'll try to achieve something in these weak summer ATP events. Can't tell anything bad about that :lol: Happy for him. Hopefully his head goes stronger, I still can't get over his DC loss to Kontinen... and a few more...

spanish_army
04-18-2010, 01:42 PM
Good stuff with the schedule. It was a really smart move as he achieved his dream of reaching top 100, and now, when not having to defend points, he'll try to achieve something in these weak summer ATP events. Can't tell anything bad about that :lol: Happy for him. Hopefully his head goes stronger, I still can't get over his DC loss to Kontinen... and a few more...

To lose againg the prodigy Finnish in 5 tight sets isn't any drama. Maybe he prefers playing out Poland in order to not feel himself under pressure.

gaitare
09-19-2013, 01:01 PM
:sport:

motorhead
09-19-2013, 01:06 PM
epic bump

gaitare
09-19-2013, 01:07 PM
there's some good tennis analysis in here.

motorhead
09-19-2013, 01:10 PM
Don't forget he deliberately seeks out the weakest challengers. It's a good strategy to get into the top 100 obviously, but it doesn't mean that he's ready for the ATP-tour yet.

those were the times when people didn't know the concept of vulturing