Poll: Will Fedal will 3/4 of the slams in 2010? [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Poll: Will Fedal will 3/4 of the slams in 2010?

11-15-2009, 01:49 AM
In 2005, 2008 and 2009 Fedal won 3/4 of the slams.

Two slam wonder Carat Safin won the remaining slam in 2005, one slam wonder Novak Djokovic won the remaining spoils in 2008, and historys most prominent one slam wonder again in Juan Martine Del Choko won the remaining slam in 2009.

Some dispute that the Fedal era will cross over into 2010 the new decade, however what are the odds of Fedal kicking off the decade with 3/4 of the slams?

Remember this can be any combination.

Fed winning 2 slams Nadal winning one, Fed winning 1 Nadal winning two. Nadal winning 3 Fed winning none. Fed winning 3 Nadal winning none.

Or will it be like 2006/2007 where Fedal win all the slams?

Discus.

pray-for-palestine-and-israel
11-15-2009, 01:53 AM
http://pastorbrett.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/alcohol-effects2.jpg

no. Roger will do his part

but the clay monster is obvious not "juiced" up like he used to be

DJ Soup
11-15-2009, 02:41 AM
Delpo's winning RG

Clay Death
11-15-2009, 02:44 AM
Delpo's winning RG

negative.

next.

http://i812.photobucket.com/albums/zz47/claydeath/QM9JFCARTU6EICAMSGXH0CA6L12T0CAG9R9.jpg

Sunset of Age
11-15-2009, 02:46 AM
Don't think so, no. Will be very happy when either one of them will be able to snatch just ONE GS title.

Midnight Ninja
11-15-2009, 02:47 AM
I would love to say yes but nothing is guaranteed.

Federer and Nadal suck right now but that doesn't speak anything regarding their slam chances over 5 sets.

leng jai
11-15-2009, 02:51 AM
If by Fedal you mean Tommy Haas then I don't think so.

SetSampras
11-15-2009, 02:52 AM
Highly doubtful.. Fedal may have ended this past season to be honest. Nadal isnt playing great tennis currently though he could pick it up a bit but I just dont think he is going to accomplish a whole heck of a lot more on hardcourts. That just isnt his surface. Im actually very surprised he won the AO and did as well as he did there this past year. I mean look at what Djoker did to him. I do think Nadal will be a force at RG and Wimbeldon if hes healthy. Fed will be as well. The AO and USO is anyones next year I think

FedFan_2007
11-15-2009, 02:55 AM
Nole will win 3/4 in 2010.

SetSampras
11-15-2009, 02:57 AM

The djoker? I will believe it when I see it. He hasnt shown me he can show up for slams and play at the same level at them as he is currently.

Sunset of Age
11-15-2009, 03:01 AM
The djoker? I will believe it when I see it. He hasnt shown me he can show up for slams and play at the same level at them as he is currently.

He does seem to be rather consistent lately. I don't see him grabbing 3/4, no, but one or even more doesn't seem all that far off to me. If he manages to keep on playing on HC like he is right now, that is.

MalwareDie
11-15-2009, 03:25 AM
No, like I have already mentioned after RG, Mugboar is finished. Federer has also significantly declined and can't deliver at any Slams, MS tournaments, or MM tournaments. He chokes and shanks too many shots and in general, is a shadow of his former self. But of course, in this mug era, Federer can still make to every Slam final.

Jōris
11-15-2009, 03:28 AM
Delpo's winning RG

I think so.

Clay Death
11-15-2009, 03:32 AM
http://i812.photobucket.com/albums/zz47/claydeath/sleep-038.gif

HarryMan
11-15-2009, 03:41 AM
Quite possible. Nadal will most likely get his RG title back and Federer should be able to win two slams next year. So there you go.

Until the likes of Djokovic and Murray prove themselves in the slam consistently, Federer - Nadal are here to stay.

FedFan_2007
11-15-2009, 03:48 AM
Yes I think Djoker is maturing at a frightening pace and will dominate 2010. :shrug:

kengyin
11-15-2009, 03:51 AM
i think federer or djokovic or del potro for the AO
federer or nadal for RG
federer for wimbledon
federer or murray or del potro for the USO

jcempire
11-15-2009, 04:10 AM
In 2005, 2008 and 2009 Fedal won 3/4 of the slams..

He got RG and WIM this year. so where is his third in 2009????????????

Come on man. If Nadal not hurted, He should win WIM and RG

n8
11-15-2009, 04:23 AM
He got RG and WIM this year. so where is his third in 2009????????????

Come on man. If Nadal not hurted, He should win WIM and RG

Fedal refers to Federer AND Nadal. Nadal won AO so Fedal won three in 2009.

paseo
11-15-2009, 04:31 AM
No. It will be 4/4 :devil:

Arkulari
11-15-2009, 04:31 AM
Fedal won 3/4 in 2004, 2005, 2008 and 2009
and 4/4 in 2006/07

they have dominated the tour year after year, but the question is: can the rest catch up with them? if both are healthy and fit, their presence at the later stages of GS is almost guaranteed, those guys are way too consistent even playing badly, while the other players blow hot and cold

I don't think they'll dominate as they used to do, but I don't think either one will go slamless next year either ;)

jcempire
11-15-2009, 05:20 AM
My bad,

Nadal-Fed + DJOK and Murray

Djok and Murray will win more.........

Fiberlight1
11-15-2009, 05:51 AM
The answer is yes.. Nadal will defend after a good 2 month layoff and practice and reclaim the FO.. then Fed will win Wimby and Djokovic will win the US Open.

11-15-2009, 06:05 AM
Also another meaningful statistic is that Fedal have won at least 1 slam for the past 7 seasons. Or 1 slam each for the past 5 seasons.

The key will be the AO. I actually think this is the most open slam in a long while.

Nadal is nowhere near the form he was last year, and Federer couldn't possibly be lucky enough to run into a choking birdbitch again on his off day.

This is Murray and Djokers best chance to step it up. They are both just coming into their tennis prime.

FlameOn
11-15-2009, 06:20 AM
I think that Fedal will win 2/4 slams next year - the other two will be won by others.

Mechlan
11-15-2009, 08:02 AM
Wouldn't be at all surprised if two others win slams next year.

jcempire
11-15-2009, 08:16 AM
D-joker is going to win AO or RG

And Murray will finally got his first GS (maybe the USOPEN)

And Nadal or FED is going to win WIM

so the answer is NO

Fed already got peak and Nadal not in his best..

So. Come on DJOKER and Murray

JMDP still can do something if he gets his best game back.

Fed may go to retire with his 15GS ... Come on he already got all that he wants

Ad Wim
11-15-2009, 10:58 AM
Rafa will win RG and Federer will win Wimbledon, so you have two left. Probably Djokovic wins one of them and Murray the other, as they are the best hard courters. So I'd say no.

IAMlegend
11-15-2009, 11:01 AM
The End Of The Feral Monotony Is Nigh...

Start da Game
11-15-2009, 11:15 AM
nadal is doing the AO-FO double next year........you have heard it first from me here at MTF.......wimbledon and us open are going to be wide open.......

Lalalovesong
11-15-2009, 11:17 AM
Yes I think Djoker is maturing at a frightening pace and will dominate 2010. :shrug:

I hope you´re right. But i wanna see it first. Cuz the djoker is not so consistent.
And I want Rafa BAACCKKK!!!

Farrow
11-15-2009, 11:49 AM
AO: Anyone's. Possibly not Nadal's, let's be honest, he's only an average Hard court player and isn't playing at the standard he was when he won it last year. But it's still possible. If Djokovic plays like he is now ... possibly he has the edge, but then everyone else will be rested.

RG: Nadal, Federer, Djokovic or possibly Del Potro.

Wimbledon: Any of the big four (probably less of a chance for Djokovic) + Roddick if he can repeat last year, doubtful though.

USO: Much like the Australian, it's pretty wide open, but probably one of the top 5 (as it stands now).

Do I think Fedal will continue to be a force? Yes, absolutely. 3/4 slams... probably not. Maybe 2.

Apemant
11-15-2009, 11:50 AM
No, like I have already mentioned after RG, Mugboar is finished. Federer has also significantly declined and can't deliver at any Slams, MS tournaments, or MM tournaments. He chokes and shanks too many shots and in general, is a shadow of his former self. But of course, in this mug era, Federer can still make to every Slam final.

Gotta agree here, a shadow of his former self. Most visible on his forehand; he's pushing like 90% of those and misses 75% of the ones he tries to blast. Only now I realize what it used to be a couple of years back. :) When he used to totally dominate with the forehand, applying enormous pressure in like 4-5 FH shots each rally, not just the finishing one.

Right now only his serve keeps him competitive.

born_on_clay
11-15-2009, 12:15 PM
Nadal - FO, USO
Federer - AO
Murray - W

So, yes

Matt01
11-15-2009, 12:17 PM
AO: Nadal or Djokovic or Del Potro will win here IMO.

RG: Nadal or Del Potro. Nadal big favorite.

Wimbledon: Federer or Nadal. Roddick has a small chance as well. Federer is favorite here.

USO: Federer or Del Potro. Djokovic with an outside chance as well.

I'd say that Fedal have a very good chance to win 2 of the 4 Slams. Winning 3 out of 4 Slams will be tough but it's possible.

Certinfy
11-15-2009, 12:29 PM
They have a chance, but i don't think so.

AO: Djokovic or Murray
FO: Del Potro or Nadal
Wimbledon: Federer, Nadal (maybe Roddick)
USO: Del Potro, Murray, Federer

Apemant
11-15-2009, 12:31 PM
Anything is possible... Fedal might win all 4, or possibly none; for example, Djokovic could win AO & USO, Del Potro could win FO, and Murray could win Wimby.

Filo V.
11-17-2009, 03:05 AM
Nope. I see Djokovic winning the US Open for sure. I think Roger or Djokovic will win AO and Nadal will win RG again. Wimbledon, it could be anyone, I don't think for whatever reason that Roger will be a shoe in. I think Djokovic is going to be a major force next year in the majors.

Audacity
11-17-2009, 03:09 AM
Not a flying chance in hell.

Byrd
11-17-2009, 03:36 AM
Fed will carry on, Nadull is finished and won't win anymore slams.

Johnny Groove
11-17-2009, 04:11 AM
Fedal will win at least two slams, but three might be pushing it.

r2473
11-17-2009, 04:18 AM
The future of tennis wins 4/4 slams in 2010?

(The future of tennis is Nando and Muzza by the way....and yes I am kidding)

The Freak
11-17-2009, 04:30 AM
2 out of 4

Right now I'm thinking Djokovic for the AO, Rafa for the FO, Fed/Rafa for Wimby, and maybe Tsonga for the Us Open.

Swiss Mountain
11-17-2009, 04:53 AM
Nope. I see Djokovic winning the US Open for sure. I think Roger or Djokovic will win AO and Nadal will win RG again. Wimbledon, it could be anyone, I don't think for whatever reason that Roger will be a shoe in. I think Djokovic is going to be a major force next year in the majors.

If he doesn't beat the old Fed (29) in 2009, he will definitly look like a fool; same for the 2010 AO
But when you remember things correctly, he should have beat Roger in 2008, when Rog was "down" and look what happened! a big slap in the face, and let's not even talk about 2009!!!
Gosh, Roger is incorrigible! hahaha Sacré Rodgeur!

djb84xi
11-17-2009, 05:39 AM
I personally think it will. I know Roger will be healthy and show up at the slams ready to play at his absolute best, which more times than not, he does. As for Rafa, he clearly hasn't been the same since the start of summer, but I do think that 2010 will be a "rebirth" of Rafa. He knows that 2009 has been a year with more disappointments than triumphs for him. With the time off in the offseason, it'll give him a chance to mentally pull himself back together, change his game the way he needs to, and rest, so that he's fully fit and prepared by the time Australia rolls around.

Roger and Rafa know all too well what's happening around them, but I think they're smart enough to do whatever it takes to adapt and keep their place atop the ATP. With that said, both of them should have a stellar 2010 season.

Noleta
11-17-2009, 05:48 PM
I think so:shrug:DelPo/Djokovic and Murray still need to prove themselves that they're capable of winning slams.In DelPo/Djoko case,they need to show that they can back up their slam win:shrug:Very surprised at the poll results so far:shrug:

SetSampras
11-17-2009, 07:00 PM
I suppose if Nadal and Fed are prepared both mentally and physically for the slams and are healthy and at least close to top level as they can be I suppose we could see a Fedal calendar slam again. Del Potro did gave us some surprises at the USO but who knows he could be quickly to fall off. Still hes a very big and tall player, those types of guys historically have problems with consistency and getting injured. (Krajicek? Safin) Deadly players when on and can overwhelm you but with no consistency and injury plagued careers. Who knows.. the USO may have been a one time occurence. Del Potro hasnt shown much overrall thus far and hes still young and devloping. And until Murray and DJoker show us something at the slams.. They arent heavy favorites. So in essence yes. Players like Roddick? Fed's whipping boy. Cant beat Fed on the big stage even if he has a 2 sets to love lead. His best chance is avoiding Federer. Players like Davydenko, Cilic, Tsonga? Please.. They're track records at slams speak for themselves. Doubt we will get any surprises there. Could be another year of Fed-Nadal and then... the rest.

Murray and Djoker IMO are the only players who I think can avoid turning this season into a Fed-Nadal showdown at the slams but they need to bring their A games to the slams.. They havent done that. Didnt do it all this season. Murray has been pretty subpar. He gets overtaken at the #2 by a player who missed alot of the season injured and/or far from top form in Nadal. Shows you Murray isnt what he is billed as. Djoker, not impressive slam wise since early 08

Ouragan
11-17-2009, 07:55 PM
Fedal average age = 25,5 years = peak = duopoly continues.

jcempire
11-17-2009, 09:32 PM
Fedal tired? Isn't it

acionescu
11-17-2009, 09:50 PM
Fed will win them all. Hopp :rocker2:

Sunset of Age
11-17-2009, 09:56 PM
Fedal average age = 25,5 years = peak = duopoly continues.

As has been pointed out quite a few times before, it's not only, or even mainly, about the ages of the players involved, it's rather the MILEAGE. And as both of them have been the game's front runners for some five years now, I have a hard time believing that it will continue for another year like that, as five years is most often about the max time a player can indeed function at his best. I think I've seen the declining process for both of them already commence, and as sad as it makes me, I expect others to step it up big time the coming year.
Would love to see them prove me wrong of course.

Sophocles
11-17-2009, 10:02 PM
As has been pointed out quite a few times before, it's not only, or even mainly, about the ages of the players involved, it's rather the MILEAGE. And as both of them have been the game's front runners for some five years now, I have a hard time believing that it will continue for another year like that, as five years is most often about the max time a player can indeed function at his best. I think I've seen the declining process for both of them already commence, and as sad as it makes me, I expect others to step it up big time the coming year.

As long as they keep it together well enough to have a shot in at least 1 or 2 slams and the best of the rest step up, we could actually have a golden era comparable to the early to mid-80s, which wouldn't be bad.

Start da Game
11-18-2009, 02:18 PM

a small list of players that played top-class tennis for well over 5 years........they may have been inconsistent in between but they were capable of playing high level tennis any year.......

sampras - >10 years
lendl - >10 years
laver - >10 years
rosewall - >10 years
agassi - >10 years
connors - >10 years

federer? - 5 years
nadal? - 5 years

you may have your opinion about your favorite player federer who is fading off, but i will suggest you to change your stance on rafa.......the guy is 23 for crying out loud and still has 3 to 4 amazing years ahead of him.......unless he fucks up his knees permanently by playing unnecessary garbage events and doubles and stacks up over 110 matches on himself every year, he will continue to win slams for another 3 or 4 years easily........

Acer
11-18-2009, 02:31 PM

NoleFan_2010

gogogirl
11-19-2009, 08:58 PM
I think Fed may win one slam in 2010.

Just like some of us predicted a few years ago that others would rise to challenge Nadal and Fed, others will rise to challege the top five players.

Honestly, I think there may be four different slam winners next year, and not all of them will be won by the top four players. Surprises are in store, because many of the lower ranked players are getting stronger, and their eyes are on that money prize.

Roger wants Wimby again, so let's see if that is the one he'll win.

DrJules
11-19-2009, 09:37 PM
French Open - Nadal strong favourite, Federer joint 2nd favourite with Djokovic: expect Nadal.
Wimbledon - Federer favourite, Nadal joint 2nd favourite with Murray : expect Federer.

Expect Federer / Nadal to win 2.

Australian Open / US Open totally open between Federer, Djokovic, Murray and possibly Del Potro. Nadal will not win either and Federer unlikely.

Mimi
11-20-2009, 03:03 AM
I think Fed may win one slam in 2010.

Just like some of us predicted a few years ago that others would rise to challenge Nadal and Fed, others will rise to challege the top five players.

Honestly, I think there may be four different slam winners next year, and not all of them will be won by the top four players. Surprises are in store, because many of the lower ranked players are getting stronger, and their eyes are on that money prize.

Roger wants Wimby again, so let's see if that is the one he'll win.

long time no see, gogogirl :D:wavey:

11-20-2009, 06:17 AM
I actually think Nadal is more likely to win the hardcourt slams and Federer for the softer surfaces.

If Fed reaches Semis or Finals of AO, ill say yes. Apart from Del Potro, even Grandaderer and Injured aging Nadal were still the standouts at the latest slam.

BIGMARAT
11-20-2009, 06:29 AM
Nadal only won 2 slams in 2008. All other years you mentioned he only managed 1, so dont put him in Federe's league.
The question should be only about Federer.

11-20-2009, 07:34 AM
Yeah but Fed denied him the double at 2006/2007 Wimbleton.

The Fedal duopoly was still ripe. It still is. Nadal would have won FO/Wimbledon if fully fit again in 2009, he also won AO and would have won US OPEN if he hadn't had rib injuries and shit. He would have beaten Del boy and Grandaderer in the final for sure.

Andi-M
11-20-2009, 11:42 AM
Djokopotray will win 3/4 slams in 2010.

stebs
11-20-2009, 01:52 PM
I think the Australian is the most likely for another player to come through and take a slam. Murray or Djokovic should be able to put in the hard work over the off season and one of them will show the slam prowess that was missing this year to take the title.

I see Nadal taking back RG, it has happened more than once before that he gets spanked a couple of times in the fall season and people think he will be vulnerable on clay. Yes he lost this year but he will be so determined next year, if he is fit I don't see him getting beat by anybody.

Federer is still my favourite for Wimbledon. Only way he is going to get beat is by a massive performance. It could happen but it's still not the more likely option.

US Open is still open, Federer plays his best tennis here these days (despite his loss in final this year) so he is favourite again. Still, I think he will win this if he doesn't win Wimbledon and vise versa. One slam overall.

So, basically, that is two slams for Fedal, one each with the other two going to Murray/JMDP/Djokovic. I am certainly hoping for that anyway, four different slam winners and hopefully a big battle for #1 for the second half of the year. That would be good fun.

abraxas21
12-04-2009, 02:40 AM
foolish talk

paul capdeville will win the calendar slam in 2010.

Jimnik
12-04-2009, 03:02 AM
Of course not. Rafa will win all 4.

Action Jackson
12-04-2009, 03:10 AM
Of course not. Rafa will win all 4.

If not, it's cause he is tired.

Arkulari
12-04-2009, 05:28 AM
If not, it's cause he is tired.

or injured, he can't lose otherwise

02-07-2010, 09:51 AM
Enjoy the lopsided poll while it lasts, but for the record it's twice as many thought Fedal would not operate in 2010 at 3/4 of the slams.

Still a long way to go, but clearly shows how little MTF knows.

cocrcici
02-07-2010, 11:15 AM
no........no

Persimmon
02-07-2010, 03:00 PM
Two slams for Roger and one for Rafa in 2010. Could happen. 3 slams for Fedal.

dodo
02-07-2010, 03:28 PM
Enjoy the lopsided poll while it lasts, but for the record it's twice as many thought Fedal would not operate in 2010 at 3/4 of the slams.

Still a long way to go, but clearly shows how little MTF knows.

Nadal would have won FO/Wimbledon if fully fit again in 2009, he also won AO and would have won US OPEN if he hadn't had rib injuries and shit. He would have beaten Del boy and Grandaderer in the final for sure.

Nice.

bad gambler
02-07-2010, 11:58 PM
Probably

Serenidad
02-08-2010, 09:20 AM
2003 is just a well-contributing and well-informed poster for sure. :shrug:

Art&Soul
02-08-2010, 02:31 PM
Yes for FedGOAT but No for Nadull

Castafiore
02-08-2010, 03:20 PM
or injured, he can't lose otherwise
And - let's honor the Fedals by looking at the other side too, shall we? - Fed can't lose without mono / back pain/ bad light or, the Fedal favorite, choking, his mind going AWOL,...

Caerula Sanguis
02-08-2010, 04:00 PM
And - let's honor the Fedals by looking at the other side too, shall we? - Fed can't lose without mono / back pain/ bad light or, the Fedal favorite, choking, his mind going AWOL,...

Federer got outplayed fair and square in the fifth set in the last 2 slams he lost.

06-02-2010, 12:39 PM
Another example of how uneducated MTF are.

Nadal takes Garros, Fedal final at Wimbledon and we are there with a slam to spare!

This poll was much more lopsided toward NO before the 2010 AO.

06-06-2010, 11:29 PM
It looks like Fedal is still very much in force, 2009 US Open was perhaps the blip on the radar for now.

A Fedal final at SW19 2010 and who knows, Nadal might go after the career slam in New York and Fedal will win 4/4 slams in 2010!

andy neyer
06-06-2010, 11:38 PM
This 2003 is good.

straitup
06-06-2010, 11:40 PM
Fed will surely will 3/4 of the slams :lol:

Jimnik
06-07-2010, 03:19 AM
Hopefully not.

RAndy and MAndy to win the remaining slams.

Filo V.
06-07-2010, 03:43 AM
Murray definitely is not winning a slam this year. Definitely not.

I think only Roddick, Djokovic and Del Potro if he comes back in July like he wants to can in any way threaten at either or both GS events, Roddick at both (at least with Nadal) and Nole and JMDP at the US. Murray will have a hard time getting to the final let alone winning, and no-one else has shown they are on a level capable of winning a GS. So my answer is yes.

Persimmon
06-07-2010, 03:47 AM
I think only Roddick outside Fedal this year. Murray and Nole are so meh this year..

coonster14
06-07-2010, 04:28 AM
I think only Roddick outside Fedal this year. Murray and Nole are so meh this year..

djokovic has been very disappointing this year, QF in both grand slams where he definitely could have reached the SF's in both those slams. murray has at least reached AO final, but apart from that, equally as disappointing. i wonder when these two will finally get their act together :confused:

with roddick, very good chance at wimbledon, but has to hope someone knocks federer out in an early round, i like roddick's chances against murray or nadal.

onto the original topic, yes Fedal will will 3/4 slams in 2010. :yeah:

07-17-2010, 12:17 AM
Check-mate, and with one slam to spare!

Infact, Fedal have won 9 of the last 10!

I think Fedal are here to stay for now, although if Federer doesn't pitch up in New York, It might just be Nadal.

bad gambler
07-17-2010, 12:23 AM
Fed will carry on, Nadull is finished and won't win anymore slams.

:lol:

HarryMan
07-17-2010, 11:33 AM
It is very very tough for the field actually. I mean think about a player like Murray who could have had two slam titles this year if it wasn't for Federer playing brilliant tennis at AO final and Nadal playing exceptional tennis at Wimbledon semi-final.

I believe they will win atleast 3 slam titles next year as well.

DrJules
09-07-2010, 08:56 PM
Fedal on 3 so far in 2010 and could do the full house of 4 for the 3rd time:

2006 F3,N1
2007 F3,N1
2010 F1?,N2?

Also close in:

2004 F3,N0
2005 F2,N1
2008 F1,N2
2009 F2,N1

In last 7 years have won at least 3 out of 4.

Quite remarkable.

The poll showed our lack of faith in the dynamic duo.