Bercy QF: Stepanek def. Del Potro 4-0 ret. [Archive] - MensTennisForums.com

Bercy QF: Stepanek def. Del Potro 4-0 ret.

cakedraw
11-13-2009, 10:02 PM
expected

Bernard Black
Bullshit.

LocoPorElTenis
Pony tried but he was obviously hampered from the beginning... 170km/h first serves.

rubbERR
potro couldnt serve and move, good retirement

Tom Paulman
What a disgusting quitter this Del Potro is.

Burrow
11-13-2009, 10:03 PM
Win this tournament Radek.

2004 finalist.

Caio_Brasil
Too sexy.

cakedraw
feel sorry for the crowd though, stayed for nothing

Jōris
Still a better match than the other quarterfinals.

LocoPorElTenis
What a disgusting quitter this Del Potro is.

Were you watching the match by any chance? Del Potro was serving worse than Dementieva since the very first point.

onewoman74
11-13-2009, 10:04 PM
What happened? I just turned on Tennis Channel and Delpo is walking off the court.

philosophicalarf
11-13-2009, 10:04 PM
Chance of a lifetime for Stepanek. What a draw: Troicki tanked, Murray tanked, DelPot retired, and in the semis he's got Monf. Not a cakewalk to beat him in Paris of course, but usually in a semis you're going to get a top5 guy.

Bernard Black
11-13-2009, 10:05 PM
Were you watching the match by any chance? Del Potro was serving worse than Dementieva since the very first point.

...and running round backhands to crack huge forehands. He was clearly in good enough shape to play a match, and an intelligent player can find a way to win without serving at 100%.

Stepanek was killing him with his variety so Del Potro quit rather than face humiliation.

Clydey
11-13-2009, 10:05 PM
Sexy outclassed Del Potro.

Using Burrow's preferred term, of course.

Lee
11-13-2009, 10:06 PM
Chris Wilkinson said before the match started that DelPo was doubtful to play so it's not surprising. DelPo was not moving and could hardly serve right from the start of the match.

rubbERR
11-13-2009, 10:07 PM

how can you not outclass player who cant serve? in tennis serve is almost everything

you mug :lol:

Clydey
...a running round backhands to crack huge forehands. He was clearly in good enough shape to play a match, and an intelligent player can find a way to win without serving at 100%.

Stepanek was killing him with his variety so Del Potro quit rather than face humiliation.

That's the way I see it. Some players would rather retire than face embarrassment. Del Potro was in no worse condition than Murray yesterday. The difference is that has a tendency to retire, while the other doesn't.

Clydey
how can you not outclass player who cant serve? in tennis serve is almost everything

you mug :lol:

I'm just using Burrow's logic. :shrug:

rubbERR
11-13-2009, 10:08 PM
That's the way I see it. Some players would rather retire than face embarrassment. Del Potro was in no worse condition than Murray yesterday. The difference is that has a tendency to retire, while the other doesn't.

you are totally fool, arent you? potro was crap condition, all his 1st serves were 160-170km/h

kindling
11-13-2009, 10:09 PM
Delpo's lost the fire.

rubbERR
Delpo's lost the fire.

no, hes lost his body :lol:

Corey Feldman
not looking good for London for the big US Open champ

fast_clay
11-13-2009, 10:10 PM
dont usually go too much over the top when somebody retires...

but, anyways... get down... i think there is something in that for everybody...
dl9IoIY7ghY

Clydey
11-13-2009, 10:10 PM
you are totally fool, arent you? potro was crap condition, all his 1st serves were 160-170km/h

He often retires or calls the trainer. You can't deny that fact. I've lost count of how many times he has called the trainer when things aren't going his way.

Chiakifug
11-13-2009, 10:11 PM
What a sexy end to the year.

leng jai
Clydey never forgets.

Bascule
How many times Delpo did retire or withdraw or just was tired in last 4 months? Too much.
Yet, it was obvious he didn't feel well. And crowd was shameful.

I must say: Nadal-Novak should be THE finale. Monfils-Steps? Pathetic SF.

FedFan_2007
11-13-2009, 10:12 PM
I can't believe DelPo hasn't done shit since beating Roger. That's the curse of Federer!

Clydey
11-13-2009, 10:13 PM
Clydey never forgets.

Like an elephant.

Hung like one, too.

philosophicalarf
He often retires ....

Probably the worst retiral record in the top 100, but mainly cos of six of them in 2007. Only two 2007, and two inc this 2009.

rubbERR
I can't believe DelPo hasn't done shit since beating Roger. That's the curse of Federer!

since then he has retired two times...wrist and now abdominal strain

rubbERR
11-13-2009, 10:14 PM
He often retires or calls the trainer. You can't deny that fact. I've lost count of how many times he has called the trainer when things aren't going his way.

today he had serious problems, everyone could see that

MIMIC
11-13-2009, 10:15 PM
I remembered that the match was on and tuned in just as he said he was too injured to serve :(

Jōris
11-13-2009, 10:15 PM
since then he has retired two times...wrist and now abdominal strain

The curse is breaking his body down.

Clydey
11-13-2009, 10:16 PM
Probably the worst retiral record in the top 100, but mainly cos of six of them in 2007. Only two 2007, and two inc this 2009.

Calls the trainer a lot, too. A lot of players do that when they are losing, as if to get an excuse ready.

Certinfy
:) I'm a JMDP fan, and happy he took the smart option :)

Also a awesome SF now IMO, come on Gael :)

Voo de Mar
Maybe Del Potro wanted to retire after 2nd set yesterday but Gonzalez was faster as usually :lol:

betowiec
11-13-2009, 10:17 PM
good job Radek
delpo is soft

tangerine_dream
11-13-2009, 10:19 PM
Ponyboy's still recovering from the US Open win.

cakedraw
11-13-2009, 10:19 PM
Maybe Del Potro wanted to retire after 2nd set yesterday but Gonzalez was faster as usually :lol:

I guess when Gonzo was packing his things, Del Potro came and said it to his face that he was going to retire too, bitchin.

rubbERR
11-13-2009, 10:20 PM
Ponyboy's still recovering from the US Open win.

what this has to do with that win? its because long season

kyleskywalker007
11-13-2009, 10:22 PM

Yeah, I got the feeling he wanted to retire during that match. But since he saw Gonzalez was having some trouble as well, he decided to hang on an extra bit.

leng jai
11-13-2009, 10:23 PM
rubbERR taking hypocrisy to new heights. Vamos.

Burrow
11-13-2009, 10:27 PM

Murray wasn't injured. :)

Voo de Mar
11-13-2009, 10:28 PM
Yeah, I got the feeling he wanted to retire during that match. But since he saw Gonzalez was having some trouble as well, he decided to hang on an extra bit.

The best way to save 7 match points - think about retirement and don't care ;) :angel:

LocoPorElTenis
11-13-2009, 10:31 PM
...and running round backhands to crack huge forehands. He was clearly in good enough shape to play a match, and an intelligent player can find a way to win without serving at 100%.

Ridiculous. He didn't hit a huge forehand the whole match and his movement was clearly hampered. And it's not that he was serving at 90%, he was maybe at 20%, and that's his main weapon. Ask Stepanek to play if for some reason he can't hit a good volley to save his life.

Noleta
11-13-2009, 10:31 PM
How many times Delpo did retire or withdraw or just was tired in last 4 months? Too much.

+1:worship:

DelPo get some well needed rest:hug:Not looking good for WTF:sad:

batavlada
11-13-2009, 10:33 PM
0% second service points won. Good move to retire. He was weak.

Burrow
11-13-2009, 10:33 PM
It's amazing how often that happens, isn't it? And it's almost invariably when he's losing.

:confused: From what I'm aware he's only had this abdomen injury this tournament but it seems you're just bitter because Del Potro has a slam and Murray doesn't leaving Del Potro with a level of greatness and Murray fuck all. No wonder nobody likes him in Scotland.

rubbERR
11-13-2009, 10:35 PM
It's amazing how often that happens, isn't it? And it's almost invariably when he's losing.

today it was clear that he was wheelchair patient

sammy01
11-13-2009, 10:35 PM
was to be expected, he wasn't putting up much of a fight.

fast_clay
11-13-2009, 10:36 PM
its ok... the equation is very simple... steps broke ponys serve and then his heart... no one likes being delivered bagels by the return virtuoso that is the steppa... its understandable to run away and hide... still, next to the 4, there remains a nice round figure and i think that speaks volumes really...

rubbERR
11-13-2009, 10:37 PM
was to be expected, he wasn't putting up much of a fight.

tennis serve is everything, so hard to fight against decent player without too many weaknesses

if you are injured and facing decent player youre lucky if you can get couple games

Clydey
:confused: From what I'm aware he's only had this abdomen injury this tournament but it seems you're just bitter because Del Potro has a slam and Murray doesn't leaving Del Potro with a level of greatness and Murray fuck all. No wonder nobody likes him in Scotland.

Bitter? I felt like this long before Del Potro won the US Open. He calls the trainer constantly and it's almost always when he's losing. And he's not the only one. Too many players would rather set up an excuse or retire, rather than lose like a man.

I'm no more bitter that Del Potro has won a GS than I am that Johansson has won a GS. I'm just not that petty, particularly when I have very little invested in it.

LocoPorElTenis
Del Potro should be given credit for at least trying to play when he was clearly unable to compete. Instead he gets hate and recrimination. Typical MTF.

tnosugar
11-13-2009, 10:39 PM

disagree. Steps is playing well... not his fault they can't keep up with his buzzing on court. I'd rather have Nadal than Steps in the final for Dj.

LocoPorElTenis
11-13-2009, 10:39 PM
Bitter? I felt like this long before Del Potro won the US Open. He calls the trainer constantly and it's almost always when he's losing. And he's not the only one. Too many players would rather set up an excuse or retire, rather than lose like a man

Besides the fact that you're grossly exaggerating, Del Potro didn't call the trainer at all today, so this is completely irrelevant. Today he retired because he was completely unable to play at a competitive level due to injury. End of discussion.

Bernard Black
11-13-2009, 10:40 PM
Besides the fact that you're grossly exaggerating, Del Potro didn't call the trainer at all today, so this is completely irrelevant. Today he retired because he was completely unable to play at a competitive level due to injury. End of discussion.

Achieving break points means you're competitive.

fast_clay
11-13-2009, 10:41 PM
the world would be a poorer place without radek stepanek... i'm not just talking about the tennis world...

LocoPorElTenis
11-13-2009, 10:41 PM
Superhuman effort to achieve those break points then.

Did you watch the match? He got bps because Steps shanked lots of easy shots. He could play at, say, 20% of his level. That's still going to be enough to have one or two close games in the course of the match.

rubbERR
11-13-2009, 10:42 PM
Achieving break points means you're competitive.

serving 160km/h 1st serves goes against your statement

Clydey
11-13-2009, 10:42 PM

6 retirements and who knows how many trainers called in his young career. The trend of retirements and injury timeouts is becoming almost farcical. And that doesn't only apply to Del Potro.

Burrow
11-13-2009, 10:44 PM
Bitter? I felt like this long before Del Potro won the US Open. He calls the trainer constantly and it's almost always when he's losing. And he's not the only one. Too many players would rather set up an excuse or retire, rather than lose like a man.

I'm no more bitter that Del Potro has won a GS than I am that Johansson has won a GS. I'm just not that petty, particularly when I have very little invested in it.

So why are you bringing this up now when it's clear that Del Potro was suffering an injury? Didn't you see the Gonzalez match yesterday?

Just leave it. Del Potro > Murray. So what if Murray's never going to win a slam, why does that mean you've to rip Del Potro at any given chance?

Bernard Black
Did you watch the match? He got bps because Steps shanked lots of easy shots. He could play at, say, 20% of his level. That's still going to be enough to have one or two close games in the course of the match.

Yeah, I watched the match and I still say he could have finished the match. The difference is he would have suffered a humiliating defeat, so the easy way out, and the way to save face was to retire. I don't respect that.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one :)

LocoPorElTenis
6 retirements and who knows how many trainers called in his young career. The trend of retirements and injury timeouts is becoming almost farcical. And that doesn't only apply to Del Potro.

Del Potro retired a grand total of two times (including today) in the last two years. I guess this is less than the average for someone who plays so many matches.

He did retire a lot early in his career, including a couple of shameful retirements, but he was something like 18 then and has clearly learned from the experience.

But don't let facts get in the way of your hate.

Burrow
11-13-2009, 10:46 PM
I personally think it's worse to make excuses after every defeat when he's old enough and successful enough to have a bit of respect for others. (Murray)

MalwareDie
11-13-2009, 10:49 PM
Excellent result.

Clydey
11-13-2009, 10:52 PM
So why are you bringing this up now when it's clear that Del Potro was suffering an injury? Didn't you see the Gonzalez match yesterday?

Just leave it. Del Potro > Murray. So what if Murray's never going to win a slam, why does that mean you've to rip Del Potro at any given chance?

This has nothing to do with whether or not Murray will win a slam. You keep repeating that as though it somehow bothers me.

And yes, I did watch the match last night. Gonzo is another player who is guilty of the same thing. I'm not denying that Del Potro was in a little discomfort. The fact is that players are always playing with little knocks. Why did he even take to the court if it was that bad? Why play and then retire just because you're about to be fed a bagel?

Burrow
11-13-2009, 10:55 PM
This has nothing to do with whether or not Murray will win a slam. You keep repeating that as though it somehow bothers me.

And yes, I did watch the match last night. Gonzo is another player who is guilty of the same thing. I'm not denying that Del Potro was in a little discomfort. The fact is that players are always playing with little knocks. Why did he even take to the court if it was that bad? Why play and then retire just because you're about to be fed a bagel?

You speak as if you are in his shoes and know how much pain he's in, pretty comical.

If this was Murray, you'd be pulling out excuses from the top drawer.

Clydey
11-13-2009, 10:55 PM
Del Potro retired a grand total of two times (including today) in the last two years. I guess this is less than the average for someone who plays so many matches.

He did retire a lot early in his career, including a couple of shameful retirements, but he was something like 18 then and has clearly learned from the experience.

But don't let facts get in the way of your hate.

I don't hate Del Potro. He's a humble guy and I like him. I'm just sick of players taking medical timeouts and retiring. You keep focusing on the retirement issue. That's not the only problem. It's also players constantly calling for the trainer, which amounts to them wearing a neon sign that states "I am injured and this is the reason why I am losing". It's a means of saving face and it discredits their opponent.

Clydey
11-13-2009, 10:57 PM
You speak as if you are in his shoes and know how much pain he's in, pretty comical.

If this was Murray, you'd be pulling out excuses from the top drawer.

If this was Murray, it would be his first retirement since Hamburg 2007. In fact, that's his only retirement on the ATP tour. You'd know it was legit, given that he doesn't call the trainer and he doesn't retire from matches. The same goes for Federer. He's not one to call the trainer easily, nor is he one to retire unless he has to.

fast_clay
11-13-2009, 10:58 PM
people pay money, parisian booing is part of that...

Arkulari
11-13-2009, 10:58 PM
Players nowadays have started getting injuries at very early ages, you won't see guys of this generation as fit and injure free as Roger has been, the tour has gotten too intense and all that hard hitting takes a toll on them :shrug:

Clydey
11-13-2009, 10:59 PM
I personally think it's worse to make excuses after every defeat when he's old enough and successful enough to have a bit of respect for others. (Murray)

Do you have any examples of him citing an injury as an excuse?

Clydey
11-13-2009, 11:00 PM
Players nowadays have started getting injuries at very early ages, you won't see guys of this generation as fit and injure free as Roger has been, the tour has gotten too intense and all that hard hitting takes a toll on them :shrug:

That has nothing to do with it. Federer still plays on the tour and he almost never calls for the trainer.

Burrow
11-13-2009, 11:01 PM
Do you have any examples of him citing an injury as an excuse?

Sick as a pig in Australia, Ate too many snails in France, Lethargic in Wimbledon and apparently had a fucked wrist at the USO despite playing Davis Cup a couple of weeks later :lol:

tennishero
11-13-2009, 11:04 PM
Yeah, I watched the match and I still say he could have finished the match. The difference is he would have suffered a humiliating defeat, so the easy way out, and the way to save face was to retire. I don't respect that.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one :)

sure he could have finished the match, but what would be the point? u cant force delpo to be competitive, he could barely serve and run and would probably have won a game or two and risked aggrevating the injury when he will be playing WTF tournament in 1 week.

Clydey
11-13-2009, 11:04 PM
Sick as a pig in Australia, Ate too many snails in France, Lethargic in Wimbledon and apparently had a fucked wrist at the USO despite playing Davis Cup a couple of weeks later :lol:

That was the press. Murray played down all of those and went out of his way to say that they had nothing to do with his loss.

Q. Clearly you're not a hundred percent. Exactly how do you feel and how did it affect you during the match?

ANDY MURRAY: No, I mean, I didn't feel terrible at all. You know, I had my chances. He served incredible in the fourth and fifth sets. So, you know, he deserves the credit for the win.
I mean, you know, even though I didn't, you know, play my best, in the second set and the beginning of the fourth set, you know, I had chances to get back into the fourth set. Also had a chance to go up in the fifth set.
You know, he served huge. You know, he started serving like, 215 plus on a lot of his first serves. The fourth set, I think he served like 93% first serves. Sometimes you've just got to say too good, and he played better than me

Q. You seemed to be having trouble with your left wrist. Is there a problem? And if so, has it arisen today or has it been ongoing?

ANDY MURRAY: I had a problem with it for a week or so. But regardless, I mean, you know, I just struggled today. I played poorly. You know, I'm obviously very disappointed. I mean, after, you know, the way that the last three Slams went I felt like I had actually played well and lost.
And today, you know, it didn't feel like -- didn't feel like I played well. I had my chance in the first set, and then, you know, struggled after that. You know, energy was -- I mean, I guess the momentum went with him, and I didn't manage to get it back. So, you know, I wasn't able to return well.

Q. The hand was bothering you on the return, is that what you're saying?

ANDY MURRAY: No, regardless of my wrist, it has -- you know, I lost the match. I returned poorly and he served well, and, you know, that was really the difference, guess.
I felt like in the first set, you know, when I was getting into the rallies I was able to move him around and have my chances. And then, you know, once he got the first set, he started serving well and started playing really aggressive. He was shanking a lot of forehands in the first set.
Then in the second he started dropping in, and then he started hitting the ball very clean after that and dictated all of the points.

Chiakifug
11-13-2009, 11:05 PM
I cant believe this has turned into an arguement about Murray. :spit: Look, Del Potro has the Slam, Murray doesnt, and Radek has the sexual prowess and good looks which Murray doesnt have either, can we get over it?

Arkulari
11-13-2009, 11:07 PM
That has nothing to do with it. Federer still plays on the tour and he almost never calls for the trainer.

yes, but Roger is not a ballbasher or hard hitter like a lot of the upcoming players and he isn't playing more than 19 tournaments a year :p

and those who play defensive have to make huge efforts to counterpunch the hard hitting and that takes a lot of effort as well

3 or 4 years ago, players weren't as destroyed as they are right now at this time of the year, it has to do with a demanding schedule and the actual game evolving into something much more physically straining :)

BTW: seems like defeating Roger in the later rounds of a HC GS is a bit of a course: Safin never won another slam after AO 05, Nole hasn't been the same till recently, Rafa got sidelined for a couple of months, now Juan is pretty much screwed...

I'm not supersticious, but it's quite a funny casualty :p

timafi
11-13-2009, 11:09 PM
don't see him playing in London

Clydey
11-13-2009, 11:10 PM
yes, but Roger is not a ballbasher or hard hitter like a lot of the upcoming players and he isn't playing more than 19 tournaments a year :p

and those who play defensive have to make huge efforts to counterpunch the hard hitting and that takes a lot of effort as well

3 or 4 years ago, players weren't as destroyed as they are right now at this time of the year, it has to do with a demanding schedule and the actual game evolving into something much more physically straining :)

BTW: seems like defeating Roger in the later rounds of a HC GS is a bit of a course: Safin never won another slam after AO 05, Nole hasn't been the same till recently, Rafa got sidelined for a couple of months, now Juan is pretty much screwed...

I'm not supersticious, but it's quite a funny casualty :p

Murray isn't a ballbasher either and he probably calls the trainer even less than Fed. He has one of the most demanding styles out there.

Burrow
That was the press. Murray played down all of those and went out of his way to say that they had nothing to do with his loss.

Ha like saying after the Cilic match "Yes I have a wrist injury but he was better than me today" or something along those lines. You don't have to say it right out loud in black and white to get a point across.

Just as bitter as his fans :)

Clydey
I cant believe this has turned into an arguement about Murray. :spit: Look, Del Potro has the Slam, Murray doesnt, and Radek has the sexual prowess and good looks which Murray doesnt have either, can we get over it?

Burrow is going out of his way to mention Murray at every turn because I'm involved in the discussion. I wasn't trying to bring Murray into this.

Clydey
11-13-2009, 11:12 PM
Ha like saying after the Cilic match "Yes I have a wrist injury but he was better than me today" or something along those lines. You don't have to say it right out loud in black and white to get a point across.

Just as bitter as his fans :)

Actually, he said nothing like that. I posted the quotes above. The press brought it up and he said that his loss had nothing to do with his wrist.

I like how you just deny facts in order to promote your delusion.

Burrow
11-13-2009, 11:13 PM
Burrow is going out of his way to mention Murray at every turn because I'm involved in the discussion. I wasn't trying to bring Murray into this.

Oh sure you weren't, bringing up 'outclasses', clearly trying to bring Murray into this, as usual. Murray was able to play a full match, uninjured. Del Potro is actually injured. If you can't see that then :help:

Clydey
11-13-2009, 11:15 PM
Oh sure you weren't, bringing up 'outclasses', clearly trying to bring Murray into this, as usual. Murray was able to play a full match, uninjured. Del Potro is actually injured. If you can't see that then :help:

The point was supposed to be about players playing on while not feeling 100%. I was trying to steer you off the subject of Murray, but people insist on bringing him up as soon as I enter a discussion.

Burrow
11-13-2009, 11:16 PM
Actually, he said nothing like that. I posted the quotes above. The press brought it up and he said that his loss had nothing to do with his wrist.

I like how you just deny facts in order to promote your delusion.

I like how you posted a tiny little bit of one presser, what about the other interviews?

Burrow
11-13-2009, 11:17 PM
The point was supposed to be about players playing on while not feeling 100%. I was trying to steer you off the subject of Murray, but people insist on bringing him up as soon as I enter a discussion.

Murray was fine yesterday, just outclassed. :) Didn't need to call the trainer once. Didn't grimace once, he was in fine working order. :)

Clydey
11-13-2009, 11:18 PM
I like how you posted a tiny little bit of one presser, what about the other interviews?

That's the official presser. But hey, if you can provide contradictory quotes, knock yourself out. Something tells me that you won't find any. I doubt you'll even waste time trying. ;)

Clydey
11-13-2009, 11:20 PM
Murray was fine yesterday, just outclassed. :) Didn't need to call the trainer once. Didn't grimace once, he was in fine working order. :)

That's because he never calls the trainer.

I like how playing on like an honest pro actually works against him in your eyes. :lol: A player is in 100% peak condition unless he calls the trainer? Go away, mate.

fast_clay
11-13-2009, 11:23 PM
murray took it like a real man... he has no problem with radek's mojo spraying all over him, i mean, radek has more angles than a rubiks cube... he stood there and took his punishment in three divine sets...

live by the sword, die by the sword...

cakedraw
11-13-2009, 11:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgzC-l_lmUU

Clydey
11-13-2009, 11:25 PM
murray took it like a real man... he has no problem with radek's mojo spraying all over him, i mean, radek has more angles than a rubiks cube... he stood there and took his punishment in three divine sets...

live by the sword, die by the sword...

:lol:

Tommy_Vercetti
11-13-2009, 11:26 PM
Good thing he isn't Roddick.

Burrow
11-13-2009, 11:34 PM
That's because he never calls the trainer.

I like how playing on like an honest pro actually works against him in your eyes. :lol: A player is in 100% peak condition unless he calls the trainer? Go away, mate.

Hmmm, if there is something wrong with you, you'll call a trainer. :shrug: Don't even pretend you wont :lol:
"Regardless of my wrist, I lost the match," said Murray. "I returned poorly. He served well and that was really the difference."

Bringing up the wrist to let people know that he had a supposed wrist injury :lol:

Clydey
11-13-2009, 11:44 PM
Hmmm, if there is something wrong with you, you'll call a trainer. :shrug: Don't even pretend you wont :lol:
"Regardless of my wrist, I lost the match," said Murray. "I returned poorly. He served well and that was really the difference."

Bringing up the wrist to let people know that he had a supposed wrist injury :lol:

No, the press brought up the wrist. He was responding to a question that made reference to the wrist. Dude, I just posted the same quote you just posted. The press rephrased it. It's from the same presser and, unlike you, I haven't omitted the question. Fuck me, you're not the brightest.

This is the quote that the press rephrased:

"No, regardless of my wrist, it has -- you know, I lost the match."

Notice how he starts his response with "No" in reply to the question about the wrist? That was omitted from your quote. Either you're thick or you're being wilfilly dishonest in order to make a point.

And no, not every player calls a trainer when they have a minor niggle. In fact, most seem to call the trainer for injuries that seem to be psychosomatic more than anything else.

MrChopin
11-13-2009, 11:47 PM
Paris is quickly catching up to Shanghai for ultimate shite-fest '09. A monumental Djokovic choke tomorrow, coupled with Sexy worming his way into the final only to get out-ground by Kneedull, will get it there.

Getta
11-13-2009, 11:58 PM
Paris is quickly catching up to Shanghai for ultimate shite-fest '09. A monumental Djokovic choke tomorrow, coupled with Sexy worming his way into the final only to get out-ground by Kneedull, will get it there.

Here is a phrase you can tell yourself to help you relax: "Federer is not so soft as to lose this year-end No.1 spot to Nadal."

whattheheck
11-14-2009, 12:13 AM
This tournament has become like the WTA Doha.

dusan1610
11-14-2009, 12:50 AM
Delpo :sad:

rocketassist
11-14-2009, 04:56 AM
101 posts from a Steps victory via retirement thread. MTF all over :lol:

paseo
11-14-2009, 05:16 AM

The Mighty Fed is Divine. Tennis angels will curse anyone who brings discomfort to his holy heart.

Foxy
11-14-2009, 08:22 AM
Justice is served.
Pony felt good when he played injured Nadal. Now it is his turn to play injured until the end of the season.

Mechlan
11-14-2009, 08:40 AM
Justice is served.
Pony felt good when he played injured Nadal. Now it is his turn to play injured until the end of the season.

:haha: Bitter much?

Roddickominator
11-14-2009, 09:56 AM
Too sexy.

P5mtclwloEQ

TennisLurker
11-14-2009, 11:41 AM
Perhaps Del Potro is a Joachim Johansson who managed to win a slam before getting his career ruined by injuries.

Corey Feldman
11-14-2009, 11:59 AM
Perhaps Del Potro is a Joachim Johansson who managed to win a slam before getting his career ruined by injuries.http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l46/FenwickFalcon35/epic_fail.jpg

Corey Feldman
11-14-2009, 12:04 PM
Justice is served.
Pony felt good when he played injured Nadal. Now it is his turn to play injured until the end of the season.that 2-6 2-6 2-6 against the better HC player still hurting eh

Voo de Mar
11-14-2009, 12:17 PM
Perhaps Del Potro is a Joachim Johansson who managed to win a slam before getting his career ruined by injuries.

Have you confused Thomas with Joachim?

Getta
11-14-2009, 12:30 PM
Justice is served.

it seems safe to assume Delpo's injury has made you happy on so many occasions.

fast_clay
11-14-2009, 12:33 PM
no matter which way you look at those numbers... it's weird... i still keep seeing a bagel...

rocketassist
11-14-2009, 12:57 PM
Justice is served.

In Montreal? Possibly.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3002/3332858792_9c8d61313b_o.jpg

TennisLurker
11-14-2009, 06:49 PM
Have you confused Thomas with Joachim?

No.

Joachim looked like a guy who would be for many years in the top 10, but had his career destroyed by injuries.
Pretty much like what happened to the other swede, Magnus Norman (former world number 2).

I said that Del Potro could be a Joachim or Magnus who managed to win a slam before entering into the constant injury mode.

I hope I am wrong, since I like Del Potro, I wouldn't mind eating a lot of crow. But these super tall players are always ery injury prone.

For those who love Del Potro, today the ESPN latin america commentators said that Juan had an ultrasonography and that the ab injury ain't that serious, that he will be fine for the Masters.

LucasArg
11-15-2009, 12:03 AM
Of course he is fine and will play London!
In fact, he was able to finish the match, but there is no point on risking the master.